Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

82 Troll Hunter
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Pve almost entirely

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Resto in 10 man raids.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]BGs if i do.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The biggest quality of life issues I run into is the utility of our heals in 10 man versus 25 man. In 25 man CH will always hit enough targets to make it efficent. It is also easy to get 6 people + in a healing rain. Earth Living procs are also more important. In 10 man because of the required spread out on many fights our bulk healing often times has to come from direct heals heals which is not very efficent for us. Range limitation changes or a new heal for distance would be appreciated. Earth living also doesnt have the opertunity to proc and do what it does in 25 man because of the smaller number of people.
Also, watershield's ability to fall off constantly during any intense aoe moments is often times annoying.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
quick casts, healing while moving, aoe spells when they are useful

•What makes playing your class less fun? Having issues healing up the raid on fights such as alysrazor and domo cat phase when everyone is spread out.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are
used to maximum efficiency.)i actually love our haste rotation set up for our direct heals.

•What’s on your wish list for your class? change in the way our AoE heals work to make them more worth while for 10 man encounters.

•What spells do you use the least? unleashed elements (hard to predict when its useful and is it even really that useful?) lesser healing wave ( way less effecient, less of a heal, and only good kind of if it crits.)
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP. Some Pve.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena and Battlegrounds

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Mana and few phsyical defense skills.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

A feeling that elemental is not overwhelmingly strong. We have our damage, a little healing and no major crowd control.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

The fear that an improvement patch for shamans might make us Over Powered. I enjoy playing a class in the middle of the PvP pack. We need some changes but no more cc.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Is simple but effective. Don't see us needing any more damage skills.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

My wish list is long and thought out. Prepare yourselves.
I feel various small and large changes can be done without making restoration overwhelming in PvP while boosting them back to being useful aoe healers as well as bumping up enhancement and elemental survival without making us have any more control.

Firstly we need a skill with no gcd that tells our Elemental totem or searing totem to attack that target and nothing else until we use that skill on another target. If it is not up they will act as normal, like an idiot. This will allow pve'ers to have better control of their offensive totems. Name it something funny like 'Gentle Nudge' or 'Guiding Will''

Second Earthquake sucks. Make it a baseline instant cast skill. Remove the knockdown and buff up its aoe damage by a small amount, perhaps 10%.

Replace Earthquake with a new 31 point talent called Improved Stone Skin Totem. This talent will have a 30-40 second cooldown and for ten seconds after dropping the totem the shaman will take 15-20% less physical damage. This buff is not removeable by dispel or killing the totem. It might be a good idea to give this ability no gcd like many other defensive cooldowns. It must be physical damage only because we already do well vs casters. Wind Sheer is our anti caster.

Now Elemental has mana problems. Once oom we stay oom. I recommend buffing the Elemental talent Rolling Thunder to restore 3-4% mana instead of only 2%. Then also make it so that when the shaman has less than 10% mana their next cast of chain lightening or lightening bolt will have 100% proc chance and restore twice as much mana. This means 6%-8% from Lightening Bolt or 18-24% from non-glyphed chain lightening. This is to boost mana recovery in PvP without being dependent on one of our two anti melee abilities and to boost our recovery of mana after aoe in PvE. To prevent it from becoming overwhelming mana recovery put a hidden cd of 30 seconds on the proc for chain lightening in pvp combat. This seems reasonable as shaman heals are very mana costly and even with this I do not see us being able to spam heals. It's just to prevent permanent oom in pvp.

Also think of making the elemental four piece return 2% mana per proc every time it grants an lightening orb to the shaman. I don't see it happening do to spirit and water shield but think of making the bonus require Rolling Thunder to function.

Lastly is a lengthy fix for survivability and shaman aoe healing. Make Riptide and 3/3 Tidal Waves baseline skills learned in the 70s. Replace them with these two skills. Non-resto healing is exceptionally weak. My healing surge averages 8k and heals are expensive. The mana proc from a crit heal will not proc while not using mana shield so no worries there. Make the haste procs not suck up malestorm procs from enhancement. This will allow them to be a bit more offensive while maintaining some form of defense.

Replace Tidal waves with a 3/3 skill called Bending Rivers or something suitably shamanistic. This skill will increase the bounce range of chain heal by a large portion each talent point spent, up to 30 yards at least. This will have almost no pvp impact, only in exceptionally rare moments when a person exceptionally far away gets leap frogged with a chain heal heal.

Replace Riptide with this:

1/1 Healing Rapids. Increases the range of healing stream to 80-100 yards and the amount it heals by 5%. When the shaman casts healing rain healing stream totem is granted the ability to infuse earthliving onto whomever it heals for ten seconds. Shares the same proc chances as the shaman.

I have only read the first page of this forum so I am sorry if I duplicated anyones ideas.

# What spells do you use the least?

Sentry Totem, Earthquake.
Edited by Santafire on 9/14/2011 4:10 PM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Just PvP.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
The majority of my experience is just BGs. I do arenas for points as well as Rateds for points. I really enjoy world PvP.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Totems and buttons in general. There are just too many abilities in the game now. They need to be let go or combined. Totems costing mana is a huge QoL issue.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy the shaman feel, the idea of the elements. I also enjoy range fighting and casting lightning bolt on the run. It is a lot of fun to chase people now and actually have a chance of getting them off their mounts and killing them as opposed to not. Oh and I love thunderstorm!

What makes playing your class less fun?
Totems. Don't get me wrong, I like totems. There are just too many, their range is always an issue and their mana cost is so hindering.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine, but I feel limited. I enjoy weaving totems such as stoneclaw and earthbind into my escape patterns but I never feel safe enough to drop four totems at once except at the beginning of a battle. They are just not mana efficient.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I wish (for all classes) for abilities to be combined. Shaman have a glyph that allows their healing stream totem to also had elemental resistances. I don't think these abilities should be glyphed, they should be standard. Every expansion adds more abilities and my bars are just getting incredibly cluttered at this point. Take purge and cleanse spirit. These are spells could be combined into one simple ability, if used defensively it removes a debuff, if used offensively it removes an opponents buff. With an ability like this, you're getting the same effect and abilities but in one simple click.

I'd also like for a bit more survivability. I play elemental (I've played the other specs as well) and I'd like to see one of two things or maybe even both, but I'd like to see stoneclaw totem actually scale in its absorb dmg. For ele and resto it should scale with spell power or int and for enhance I'd suggest the same but scale with atk pwr. Shamans are pretty squishy. I'd also like to see a buff to spirit walkers grace. It could be shortened in duration to 6 or 8 secs but basically upon activation the shaman becomes immune to stuns and silence effects. They can still be snared or sheeped, it's just silences and stuns are so devastating to any spec of shaman.

What spells do you use the least?
I find earthquake to still be the most disappointing 31 pt talent in the game.
85 Orc Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Silly question? heroics to get to raids to get to heroic raids
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Searing-totem functionality is the worst part of being and enhancement shaman, while it is much improved from what it was, I still have to wrestle with it some times.
What makes playing your class more fun? I love being able to spot heal when needed, well timed it can save a raid.
What makes playing your class less fun?Searing totem issue is the least fun part of shaman for me.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like the way our dps rotation is setup, however I do not like the way our 'hybridness' has become less effective, I can throw out some heals if I have maelstrom up, a few more, that is about it. I think it could be interesting to implement different types of rotations which would be used in certain situations (we are a hybrid class after all) a rotation that might spurt out passive raid heals at the cost of dps. Or a rotation that would reduce the damage you take at the cost of dps (Making a rockbiter off tank for small adds viable). Not a mode or stance but the way you preform your rotation. Building on that idea you could have it so that the buff gained from whichever rotation type preformed will carry over spanning 2 rotations. So if you you want full dps you just keep doing the dps rotation. if you want dps and a damage reduction do the dps rotation then the defensive, alternating. It wouldn't be as defensive as doing 2 defensive rotations. and wouldn't be as much dps as doing 2 dps rotations. If you want to put out as much passive raid heals as you can do the heal rotation twice (not as strong as a 'real' healer but more than we can heal now with maelstrom procs, also would lower dps a lot)
What’s on your wish list for your class? More 'hybridness', less dependency on searing-totem working perfectly.
What spells do you use the least? all weapon enhancements besides WF/FT. Would love to use rock-biter for off(-off) tanking. and more viable healing 'hybridness' We have all these really cool spells and talents that have gotten overlooked or nerfed over the years. Most of which would be really neat to bring back into a real hybrid class. One that is able to preform as a damage dealer with minimum use of hybrid ability. Or able to help off tank adds / reduce damage taken with a reduction to dps. Or able to put out passive heals with the reduction of dps. Step away from this notion that Hybrid means Two/Three different viable specs for different raid jobs. Hybrids can have 1 spec and simply do things in a different way at different points in the fight.
:) TY and keep up your hard work, I look forward to see what you come up with.
100 Dwarf Shaman
i mostly pvp on this toon

soloing old content

arenas and bgs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
totem buffs could have a longer range so i don't have to blow mana to reposition them when mana management is crucial. Being so squishy in pvp is also kind of bad because i always get focused first. Some kind of shield besides that totem one would be nice. The totem shield can get blown through in one attack. Something like rock shield-reduces damage taken 10%-9 charges or something like that.

i love being the only class that can wolf form

heals that don't heal very much in pvp when i'm in elemental spec and dieing when 2 mobs or 2 people beat on me pretty quickly

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
hmm mine is earth shock->unleash elements->lava burst->earth shock->lightning bolt/chain lightning depending on the amount of people until either lava surge happens or earth shock comes off cooldown rinse and repeat. it gets kind of boring when i repeat this for a long time.

a damage reduction spell for elemental, class specific shaman mounts, like maybe lesser air elemental for a ground mount and a greater air elemental for a flying mount

belive it or not i use earthquake when i need to aoe a flag or are aoeing mobs, rockbiter weapon,and healing wave probably are my 2 used used
100 Draenei Shaman

I do both.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

heroics and casual raiding

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

it is nice being able to drop all totems at one time however it would be more benefitial for shammans to be able to carry the totems with them maybe they could rotate around us much like out earth shield or our water shield

# What makes playing your class more fun?

being able to cast lightning bolt while moveing has definately made playing the shamman more fun but i guess thunderstorm is the most fun possible for a shamman in pvp like for instance doing eye of the storm you just run to the middle and blow the enemy off the side and its like watching wiley coyote and roadrunner going at it

# What makes playing your class less fun?

i guess that as a shamman you dont feel like you bring anything to the raids anymore everyone now has our totem buffs and other classes have our hero/bloodlust so there isnt alot of love for the shammy anymore

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

the rotation is fine i like the way it plays itself out tho i do wish i had alil more compatability between my shocks spells

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

i wish that as a shamman our hex would work like sheep does i dont like that when we hex a target in pvp they can still run away from us and make us chase them. i also wish we had some kind of fear or stun i could be wrong but it seems like we are the only class that doesnt have one of these and it could definatle make things a bit more even in pvp for us oh and one last thing FIXTHE STUPID ELEMENTAL TOEM AI!!!!!!! kinda sick of him standing there and watching us fight a boss and doing nothing with such a huge cd on it it really hurts forit to just stand there

# What spells do you use the least?

lets see healing surge is kinda useless for its cost and earthquake doesnt do well for us as it actually seems to hurt our dps overall
Edited by Twinwolves on 9/14/2011 4:42 PM PDT
85 Orc Shaman

Both enhancement

Raids

All

Totems, they are a unique concept but hardly unique. As enhancement in my usual raid comparison, my earth and wind Totems are useless. Also fire Totems are buggy. I also hate our aoe taking too long and more work to ramp up.

Abilities that reflect the lore of shamans.

The unique aspects of shamans being homogenized. Enhancement literally replaceable, in terms of class, by other melee with better perks.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiesncy.)

The rotation is not terribly bad, though it is easy and has moments of doing nothing.

Make Totems less static and unique buff wise. Make weapon itemization, weapons, easier for enhancement.... Melee legendary usable by enhance. Rework our aoe and seasoned winds. Have feral spirits and stoneclaw scale better. Also an execute mechanic would be nice. 2 hand viability would be amazing but I know I am more likely to win megabucks and I don't gamble. Tanking option would be better than 2 hand option, seeing even with DK's tanks and heals always seem to be needed.

Rockbiter weapon
Edited by Telenor on 9/14/2011 5:07 PM PDT
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both, PvE focused, Elemental/Enhance/Resto in PvE - Enhance/Resto in PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, some raiding but not as much since cata release since horde pop plummeted on my server. also lvling alts lately.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG and RBG, never been interested in arenas, too many exploits in them. Don't tell me there isn't. I hear about some sort of "cheat" every season, whether its an unstoppable team comp or a bug.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totems! They are an old mechanic that needs some attention. I understand the concept of a "buff zone" but it becomes problematic in BOTH PvE and PvP when so much movement over such a large area is the norm these days. Perhaps putting the Totems on the charaters' back as one large totem that you switch in and out with Different shaman buffs, like a visible Call of the Elements that has a visual model. (just elongate and enlarge the current racial totems and slap 'em on our backs) R.I.P. Cairne.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I like the Shaman Lore and overall concept in the Warcraft francise. I just think Shamans are fun. Also, lightning and lava are AWESOME! Lightning PLUS lava? 1337!!1!

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Consolidation of Buffs. Shaman used to have an amazing aray of buffs they could bring to any situation, they were, to an extent, the games one true Support buffing class which is why the lower dps and healing was tolerated. Now those buffs can be found in all the other classes, EVEN BLOODLUST, WTF???, and since all other classes (of said spec types) can rng and melee dps and heal better than a shaman, the shaman feels like an obsolete, token class. Note that the only reason I still play a shaman is my answer to the previous question.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Elemental - its alright, fulmunation feels weak though.

Enhance - Good, except something needs to be done about the Lava Lash+Searing Totem buff/DoT/extra dmg mechanic, but thats more of a Totem issue

Resto - I deal with it, I don't heal alot because I'm not of a healing mind frame but it feels like a better line up of healing spells is needed

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Oh my, where do I begin? lets go by spec then general.

Elemental
- DO NOT tie fire elemental dmg into the shaman so much!!! it just plain sucks since the elementals AI is horrific AND has limited range. AND NO, I DO NOT WANT A PET! I MIGHT AS WELL PLAY A HUNTER OR WARLOCK!!
- Get rid of earthquake, its useless. I never take it because its so bad yet it our 31 point talent? ffs...
- Fulmination needs a fix, its lackluster and sharing a cooldown with Flame Shock isn't helping.

Enhance
- Lava Lash and the Searing totem DoT/dmg buff needs to go away. Tie the DoT effect with Flametongue weapon and apply stacks with each Flametongue hit/proc. The Totems AI can penalize us in some situations, esspecially in PvP since the AI is alomst as dumb as Fire elemental.
- Feral Spirit is pretty cool but not particularly effective since its tied (like the Fire Elemental Totem) into our current stats. ie, they do more dmg if I am in range of my Strength of Earth totem and have the agility buff than they do if I do not have the buff.
- I want Enhance to become a tanking spec. A total pipe dream, but I still long for it.

Resto
- Reworking chain heal. Its a cool AoE heal spell but has way too many limitations and can sometimes be very unreliable. I can think of AoE heal spells from other healers that are 100% more effective. And Healing Rain is neat, but a poor substitute.
- Mastery needs another look. I feel like I'm punished for doing my job as a healer. perhaps make ancestral healing provide a dmg absorb shield that is more likely to proc the more health your target has. Or make Earthliving Weapon proc more with a target of higher health. Or make you more likely to refund mana. Something.
- Making Earth Shield not proc a heal, but instead procs a damage absorb. (periodicly abosorbs the damage from an attack).

General
- I've said it once, I'll say it again. Totems need to be updated, the "buff zone" is old news. UNLESS you make those buffs more powerful than other classes (fat chance) it needs to change into an aura effect that radiates from the shaman.
- Enhance should be a tanking spec. (did I say that already?)
Edited by Nothic on 9/17/2011 8:53 AM PDT
- An executtion type spell or talent, we can't 'step up' our dps during the final stages of a fight and it sucks. Using C/D as a 'burn phase buff' is simply unrealistic since it highly restrains us in C/D management. Since Elemental and Enhancement alomst never run low on mana maybe we could have a spell that does extra damage but has high mana cost that we wouldn't want to use in our normal rotation. Fulmination re-work? hint hint, wink wink...
Just an additional thought, but how about Elemental Mastery and Feral Spirit become abilities you can turn on and off and not C/Ds. EM would cause your spells to cost 150% more mana. Feral Spirit does more dmg than it does now ofcourse but every 5 seconds puts a debuff on you that stacks and increases the dmg you recieve by 3%, 25 sec duration.

- The ability to use swords and getting rid of the ability to use 2 handed weapons (mace, sword, axe) since there is no viable place for them in any spec.

■What spells do you use the least?

Earthquake, Earthquake, Earthquake, Earthquake, Earthquake. Did I mention Earthquake?
Far Sight. I've found some use for it on certain PvP BG maps, but I don't use it much.
Earthquake.
Spiritwalker's Grace. I've used it a little bit in resto pvp, but haven't found much use for it elsewhere, even Elemental.
Earthquake.
Rockbiter Weapon. okay, its a neat-o for funsies buff for enhance pvp, but useless elsewhere. Except release heroics. a while back in enhance I actually tanked 3 bosses when they were at 50%. (Throne of the Tides, the naga one). that was something. but...
Earthquake.
Earth Elemental Totem. I've used it before in realease heroics during "oh, sh!t" moments when the tank dies. but not elsewhere. it takes one hit in FL. which buys me... 1-2 seconds?
Earthquake.
Stoneclaw Totem. I do not ever use it outside of PvP and that ONLY when I have the glyph for it active. I've heard of people using it for dmg mitigation in FL but it seems impractical.
Earthquake.
Water breathing. hasn't been of very much use since wrath ended. I DO use it, but not all that much.

And finally... Earthquake. Hey, can you tell earthquake is junk? Seriously, I don't mean to rag on you, but what happened? How did this spell EVER make it past the beta?? AND AS A 31 POINT TALENT???? WTF?!?!?!
Edited by Nothic on 9/17/2011 8:58 AM PDT
82 Draenei Shaman

Mainly PvE dungeons and such, but also PvP BGs

Dungeons while leveling

Just random BGs

Compared to the other classes I really like how many MP5 options that Shaman have thru Water Shield, Mana Spring, Mana Tide, etc

Overall, I really like Restoration Shaman better than any other class because of the MP5 which is really nice at lower levels since drinking every other pull can be rather annoying.

I don't like having to replace water shield constantly if there's AoE damage or something going on. Those Globals and seconds could be spent healing somebody that needs it.

I play Resto mainly, but also Enhc for quests. I like the Enhc "rotation" of sorts. Finally getting Maelstrom weapon added another fun addition to the rotation. Overall, I enjoy Enhc.

Water shield that has no 10min duration or "charges". Also adding Lava Burst to the Maelstrom weapon effect would be neat.

Farsight, but thats not a bad thing. I like Farsight because you can chain cast it and it's a fun lil spell.
90 Goblin Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE■
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] all the above
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters Totums, by the time you drop or pick up most the raid has moved on, right now the shaman doesn't bring anything new or different to raids, most are totum talents have been given to other toons
■What makes playing your class more fun? not much now, what made shaman fun was what we could bring to raids, now these talents have been given to other classes
■What makes playing your class less fun? lack of a true roll, ele is weak dps, resrto is jack of all trades healer ( yet excelling at neither tank or raid)
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) rotation is fun till you check recound and find yourself at the bottom half over and over
■What spells do you use the least? with its slow cast time miniumum area earthquake is pretty useless, spirit tomum is like worlock stones if you need them its probably a wipe anyhow

A little PvE but mostly PvP

#If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Some Heroics, some Raiding

#If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena, BGs, soon to be RBGs

#What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The Glyph no longer forcing me to recst Lightningh Shield. The Unleash Element mechanic as Enhance.
#What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to insta cast spells. Like what you did with searing totem. Also love the fact that Im nolonger forced to go 1h and shield untill level 40

#What makes playing your class less fun?

Being forced to have both spell hit and expertise capped when Palys and DK's get the free extra 8% or so from talents.

#How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Its ok, a bit confusing what to do when i have multiple procs at once from trinks/Malestrom Wep/Unleash Fire/Feral Spirit.

#What’s on your wish list for your class?

Getting a LEGENDARY thats for enhance shamans (Not RESTO or ELEMENTAL). Also being able to use 2h weps like Axes and Maces being just as viable as dual wielding (Kinda like Frost DKs). Would also like Lava Burst to be affected by Malestrom Weapon procs.

#What spells do you use the least?

Healing Rain, Fire/Earth Elemental, and Lava Burst(For reason above)
85 Troll Shaman
Both, But i prefer a little more pve
Other, I´m not strong, so I go in Normal Dgs.

Momently Bgs

Keeping the water shield to Gain mana.
and the earth shield to gain life :p

The strong damage, the Shields, I love when im without life and my earth shield Heal me :p, the Aoe powers...

My mana goes so fast, with the Healing powers.
Moving the totems everywhere

I didn´t got a good rotation, But I think is good...

less mana cost in the healing powers.
More effective Aoe.

Fire nova, Rockbiter weapon.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE Raids

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■

General: Always hated that changing specs starts your mana back at zero where as other classes are just about good to go from the start.

Hate the fact that hunters and mages can BL. It was always a unique charm of being a shaman.

Totems are kind of boring. Most buffs are always covered making totem choices pretty minimal. Also few raid boss mechanics in firelands really are affected by totem use.

Enhancement: I'm sorry but the current aoe mechanic is a joke. It's like it's borrowing from balance druids' fun mushroom AOE attack, but it's got things horribly wrong. You really need several flame shocks up before fire nova does anything useful damage wise and it takes too long to do that. By the time you have enough up, the targets are down. It's just not very fun. I think the amount of time it takes to set up useful AOE with flame shocks is what makes it bad more than anything. Maybe have fire nova use cause shock spells or even Unleash Elements (if it were made to be the spell that caused FN to trigger) to reset to gcd speed?

Resto: I really don't like healing as a shaman when fights are spread out and/or require lots of movement (basically any boss fight). It's especially bad in 10 man raids. GHW/HW with riptide (usually on the tank) is boring and seemingly slow compared to other classes.

Healing surge is now irrelevant. I think the idea great, it's just been poorly implemented in the game. PVP shouldn't just cause you to get rid of it from PVE. Bigger surge with bigger mana costs or disable it in PVP only?

UE should maybe rethought. Having to target, UE, then cast takes too long and by the time the GCD is up maybe your target no longer needs the UE buff and it's wasted. Im thinking it should just self buff for your next target to get the inc healing and the extra heal when you click it rather than the target you current have selected getting. That will take away one step and make it more useful.

I don't like healing rain. Yes it's an OP heal when people are clumped, but it seems like it is against what the healing philosophy you guys said you wanted. There's no target to think about. Maybe placement is a choice, but it's really not effective unless you can get 5 people in it and that being the case you're only really going to use it at points where heavy raid damage is going out and people can/should be clumped.

All in all, resto shaman healing is too clunky and SLOW. Was just thinking extemporaneously. It'd be cool if healing rain followed you where ever you went and you had to run around to targets to heal them. Might make the ability to cast while running more useful too.

85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Gen: Interrupts and CC's. Especially binding elementals as it's unique. Self-res.

Enh: I like having a lot of buttons to push and the synergy of the abilities. I liked it better in WOTLK, but it's still fun now. Same with wolves, though I liked them more when they had more power and lasted longer, now they feel like all the other classes who can briefly bring out pets. Come on, it's the last ability in our talent tree. Make it special and different from the rest.

Resto: Eh? Nothing really. Although I do like being able to purge/interrupt while healing.
I liked chain heals the way they used to be. You still had to choose wisely. It wasn't exactly fire and forget. I like cleansing/dispelling too.

Shamans just don't seem that useful as healers any more. Our strength seems to be only in fights where people clump and stay there for a decent amount of time, but for everything else, there's a class that does it better in raids. If I were raid leading, I'd always pick the resto shaman last from a choice of healing classes. I like the spirit link totem, but i wish it also healed as well. It's supposed to be our version of tranq, but tranq is still much much more useful and more often useful. It's pretty though.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Gen: It doesn't feel special and different from the rest any more as totems are often redundancies and other classes can do blood lust.

ENH: I liked when you had to do shamanistic rage to get mana to continue to dps. Now there's no point to mana besides waiting on mana to regen for your next res after a wipe.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Enh: Love shaman single target. You guys need to scrap whatever it is youre thinking on AOE damage with fire nova though. The damage isn't bad when you have targets that stay up a while. Not at all. But it takes too freakin long to do.

Resto: I liked the way it was in WOTLK. I liked the issues ALL classes had with mana in early Cataclysm. Now it just seems to be a shaman issue which isn't really a good thing. Nerf all the other classes, make their spells cost more.

I liked the first version of healing surge. Panic spamming it on a tank about to die is fun and having to make a choice on mana with it is fun. Now I don't use it at all hardly as it costs a lot of mana and is a lame heal. Shouldn't be called healing SURGE anymore.

Healing rain is a boring static heal that has too limited of range and even if you 10x'd the range, I still might not be happy with it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

ENH: an overhaul of the AOE mechanic. Buff magma totem again.

Resto: A practical, unique and fun way to heal when groups are spread out. And I still kind of like my healing rain idea. Where a traditionally static resto shaman actually has to move a ton to heal people with healing rain that follows him around.

■What spells do you use the least?

BY FAR: The free casts while moving cast we got with cataclysm. It's kind of useful, but not really.

Totems: most are redundant buffs. Very few choices.

Enh: the broken AOE mechanic with fire nova.

Resto: Healing surge. Unleashed elements.

Engineering: ffs, please stop killing me with fuel leak on rocket boost. It's not fun. Being out of combat while parachuting down was an okay penalty for use in boss encounters. fuel leaks just makes me not even want to use it at all--not even on run backs. What a killjoy fuel leak has been.

Both

Used to be raids, but work has made that pretty much just heroics lately.

BGs mostly, rated BGs or Arena is mostly just to get conquest

I would say that totems are just awkward. I know they are a staple of the class, but I also have 85 cat druid (resto for pvp) and DK (that just does quests, the occasional heroic and also pvp), and it just feels to me that totems are an out-dated mechanic. I'm sure many would disagree. The damage totems seem "dumb", as well.

I'm also really sick of skirts.

I love the mobility in PvP without having to have a PvP specific-spec (like it was before Cata). I heal for the most part (always heal in PvP, do some enhance in PvE, as well as healing), and feel that in instances, my healing is fine (if different than in LK times), and in the few raids I've done, I don't seem to have many issues (but my raiding in Cata is very limited, and I've only done 10 man).

Hance damage seems competitive (for the gear I have), but I really think that the fire ele should be more constant (as in always around, but doing less damage), or gotten rid off. As a cooldown, it just seems awkward (as do most damaging totems). My PvE healing gear is slightly better than my PvE hance gear (361 vs 360), so it's not current tier raid gear.

Totems. With most of the buffs already on offer by other classes, at times (I notice this in 10 man BH when I run that), only 2 of the 4 totems are even needed.

Also wearing a skirt is really annoying.

Healing as hance seems incredibly weak. I'm comparing this to cat druid and frost DK, but mostly frost DK. It seems like a class that CAN heal, but is in a dps spec, should have better innate healing in that dps spec than a class that simply can NOT heal (DK), and that's not the case. My cat druid has better spot healing than my hance shaman, but it's still weaker than my frost DK. This is mostly from doing Molten dailies on all 3 toons, where my shaman has slightly better gear, and I'm much more familiar with it than my DK, yet my DK can complete the quests faster with better AoE damage and better self-healing (well more consistantly reliable that doesn't cause any downtime). This seems to carry over some to PvP, but I generally heal on both druid and shaman in PvP, so am not entirely sure.

For hance it seems fine. For healing there's not always a set rotation.

Comparing hance to cat druid and frost DK (in PvE) - I prefer the hance rotation over either of the other 2. On the other 2 I feel I am waiting for something to regen most of the time (runes to come back up or energy to fill up). For the 3 character's gear levels, their damage seems about right (both are slightly lower geared for dps than shaman, and both put out slightly less dps than my shaman), but they seem less interesting.

Less skirts.

Smarter totems (or more controllable, or just remove them).

Better non-resto spec healing.

In PvE - most of my totems. Rockbiter and Frostbrand. Frost shock. CC seems also no longer used in 5 mans.

In PvP - nearly every spell (as a healer) seems to have a use at some point.
85 Orc Shaman
Good Day,

Both, mainly Raiding an Arenas

Raids > Heroics > Other

Arena > Rated BGs > BGs

Unreliability of Hex. Misses on Resto spec and has a bugged duration both in Enhance and Resto (don't know if on elemental as well)

But my biggest concern would be totems. Totems should be able to be carried by the shaman, we are the only class that has a raid wide ability with finite range, pallys nor hunters walk 2 ft having to rebuff their auras, besides the fact that every other class lets u keep the buff even if they die (mage int, dk str, priest shadow prot, pally might, just to name a few) , so in my honest opinion totems should last a lot longer, should get their range removed and should stay working after death of the shaman.
Fire DPS totems should be carried on the shaman (think the Predator Shoulder Weapon) maybe not magma totem, but it should be casted as healing rain is then since we are either standing in the middle of the AoE meleeing stuff, or we cant get close to drop the totem and leave (as it happened on Naxx sludges, totem pull FTL)

Getting close and personal ^_^

It would seem that for some time now enhance shamans are getting kited both in PVP and PVE (think fights like shannox with melee heavy groups or arenas against a feral druid or a mage or almost any non melee class). On this same note try to pvp with a shammy against 1 good rogue ... It's basically standign there hitting every button in rage, not really being able to do anything about it since the pvp trinket only stops what is on you at the time but does not provide inmunity for any amount of time, because diminishing returns are just not working as intended on some abilities (fears, when done by 2 classes or 2 different people are just chain fears with 100% duration)

Also the high amounts of hit required as an enhance shaman that makes playing a total gear check in order to match other classes damage output.

It also appears to be the trend in Resto that due to the very few healing spells difficulty has been added by mana issues. Also the water and earth shields should have a major or minor glyph equivalent that makes their charges never go below 3 (as enhancement currently does)

I'm currently seeing a bit of downtime on my rotation, waiting for GC or not enough maelstrom stacks to trigger an extra attack.

It would be awesome if lava burst became one of the spells that maelstrom made instants.
Higher duration for dps fire totems as well as a method of carrying them, making them raid wide would be awesome too.
Tanking all shammies want to tank (sorry had too ^_^).

Far Sight... (is this thing still on the game?)
Lava Burst, but it has great potential for an enhance shammy if it got instant status from maelstrom. it would probably make the rotation ASAP.

Best Regards.
100 Draenei Shaman

PvE

10 man Raids

N/A

Re-dropping flame totems as elemental, and having two useful shocks share a cooldown.
Elemental’s AoE is half ranged, half melee range. Magma/Thunderstorm compared to Earthquake, Flame nova and Chain L.

Wind shear’s short CD and purge (in the pvp fight in ToC!)
Insta Ghost Wolf!
Thunderstorm as AoE (w/o the knockback)
The new Lightning bolt Glyph!
HR/CH combo on heavy AoE healing fights.

1) My fire elemental attacking targets out of reach instead of the boss I’m beating on right next to it.
2) Seeing other hybrid classes with slightly lower ilvls beating me on the DPS meters.
3) Having so much of my dmg be direct spells that if I have to stop casting at all I have a huge dropoff.
4) As resto, trying to heal up friends while they’re spread out, knowing it’s killing my mana.
5) Seeing a lava surge proc, but being in the middle of a LB cast and having to wait to use it. Basically, anytime I have a delay in casting LvB I know it’s hurting my DPS, and Lava surge causes that EVERY time.
6) Requiring a buff every 3rd patch because Ele scales poorly with SP.

Elemental’s rotation is ok. Earth and Flame shock could have their CD’s separated. And Unleash Elements could be buffed into usefulness. Also see items 3 and 5 above.

Please don’t touch wind shear’s CD. It’s great to be able to rely on one person to catch every int.
Change Lava Surge to reduce the NEXT LvB CD’s by 4 seconds or something like that.
Some Dots or something to keep DPS up while not casting. Even not casting LB delays Ele Mastery longer.
Buff Flame nova and put a max on flame shock targets at 3 to clean up the AoE rotation.

Unleash Elements (as resto and ele)
Earthquake
Edited by Flipmode on 9/14/2011 6:27 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]