Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

85 Troll Shaman

What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, 10/25M raids
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? totems are a little inconvienient, searing totem especially

What makes playing your class more fun? shamans are very versatile and elemental has a fun aspect to it

What makes playing your class less fun? It's very hard for me to keep damage/dps on the higher side when i'm moving around, it's like once i have to stop dpsing and it drops i can never get it back up where it was.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Elemental rotation is fun as it is, don't have a set rotation for resto personally

What’s on your wish list for your class? better/stronger/more efficient aoe

What spells do you use the least? earthquake, fire nova
85 Goblin Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids / Old School content / Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N.A.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I feel like both of my specs (resto & ele) are very situational. Like if a fight has many mobs, or lots of raid damage I am incredibly useful, but on single target or mostly tank healing fights I don't feel like my class is as competitive as we should be. We are far from useless but being such a niche (support) class is frustrating. I understand the "hybrid tax" but compared to say a priest or paladin I'd say we are paying much more. As for the totem system on fights where we frontload our damage at the start of the fight, having to recast my fire totem after the elemental dies is kind of annoying when I have a lot to pay attention to. I wish it would just kinda, stay up and alive by downgrading itself to a regular flametongue totem or something.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I really have enjoyed the Unleash elements procs for resto and the fact that resto takes a bit more skill than "OMG CHAINHEAL FACEROLL". It's made things more fun and interesting.

What makes playing your class less fun?
On the other hand I feel Unleash Elements is very clunky to work into my Ele rotation. Also Water shield falls off so often it makes my head spin. I understand that means it is doing it's job but having to recast it every 15 seconds on healing intensive fights is mildly annoying.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
See above, ele's rotation is nicely intricate and exciting on most fights but procs make things more clunky and odd at times. Also on fights where a lot of interrupting is required it seems our damage just goes to hell. Perhaps our flameshock could do a bit more damage, or have a secondary proc like destro locks have for a second DoT?

What’s on your wish list for your class?
More competitive and less situational usage.

What spells do you use the least?
Earthquake, Unleash Elements (ele), Fire Nova, Far Sight, Riptide (underpowered)
Edited by Rainhoof on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both =)

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] all 3 of them

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] We Want all three of them!! better pvp for elemental shaman pleasee!!!

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The big burst dps and making players hate us for the burt we do =)

What makes playing your class less fun? Elemental shaman die to fast we dont have no DEf Cd we need more "survivability"

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

"survivability" as elemental shaman! and better mana

" hex" our cc sucks!! mage can sheep with no cd but ele shaman cc is on a cd come on lol
88 Draenei Shaman
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids, as enhancement, resto and elemental.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs, as enhancement, resto and elemental.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Glyph of lightning shield needs to be glyph of elemental shields. Some encounters, Beth'tilac springs to mind, keeping water shield up is nigh impossible. I shouldn't have to decide whether I want my raid to die cause I used a GCD on water shield or if I want to go oom later on in the fight because I haven't kept it up.

Purge needs to be smarter. I'm tired of trying to fight priests and just purging off individual stacks of all the little buffs they have, when all I really want to get is the shield. Either make those buffs not be affected by it, make it take off all the stacks, or make purge take 2 things off again.

Totem range and upkeep, as mentioned numerous times already in the thread. Specifically spirit link totem, it's brutal if you drop it and people are out of range, massive waste of a cooldown.

Frozen power, why does the snare break on damage but frost mages do not? It's a ridiculous double standard that even with frozen power, instant ghost wolf and earthbind, I can still be kited to death by a skilled frost mage.

-What makes playing your class more fun?

I still love those big windfury and lava lash crits.

-What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to stack searing totem's debuff, especially with it being on a 1 minute lifetime as opposed to everything else's 5. To say nothing of how useless it is in any pvp situation. Maybe if my totems could pillar hump too, but alas, they're stuck in the ground. AOEing, my aoe as a shaman, regardless of spec, is either standing around waiting for other people to do it or single targeting things.

Spell hit as enhancement. Our itemization is awful enough as it is, what with crit and haste being at the same level as strength. Please do something to make it so we aren't having to stack so much hit rating if we want to raid.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”?

For resto it's ok, just the mentioned water shield issues. I'd like to see some changes with elemental, perhaps a fire shield that builds up like lightning shield, so that at the end we get a stronger flame shock and can remove earth shock from the rotation. Enhancement is ok, again, searing totem issues.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

I hate to say it, but resto needs a nerf in pvp. When my geared frost DK, running interrupts and necrotic strike, has to deal over a million points of damage to kill 1 resto shaman in similar gear, it's a problem.

General quality of life improvements mentioned above, namely with totems and shields. Itemization for enhancement is backwards as all get out and needs to be looked at as well.

-What spells do you use the least?

Earthquake, I don't even need to say why, everyone else is, it's a joke of a spell. If it wasn't for OCD making me get it, I wouldn't even have it when I go elemental.
85 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids

Replacing totems constantly on movement fights, lack of a burst AoE for enhancement. Also, elemental/enhancement 31pt talents are very underwhelming and need to be fixed.

The variety of abilities to use. The fact that so much magic is entwined in our rotation makes me really feel like a true hybrid. I like that I can dish out a lot of damage, yet toss out some pinch heals when necessary too.

We fall behind in short AoE fights because we simply don't have a reliable source of AoE.

I like it, with a few discrepancies. The average enhance rotation uses all your abilities in a priority, which is fine. However, a high-end shaman will find that hard-casting Lightning Bolt with 2 Maelstrom procs yields higher dps. Also, using the Eye of Purification axe, casting Lava Burst when nothing else is available also adds to DPS. It's a fairly tight rotation, and not cut in stone because of the way Maelstrom Weapon works.

A burst AoE. Someone has suggested a "Lightning Lash" that shares CD with Lava Lash, and is an AoE Nature Damage cleave, basically. Also maybe a 1-minute CD that applies Flame Shock to all targets in a cone effect, or something like that :P. That could really increase our AoE efficiency, but perhaps too much? Tweaking to Fire Nova may be necessary.
Also, a worthwhile 31pt talent. Spirit Wolves is pretty awful.

Spirit Wolves. Pretty useless ability, it comes last in our rotation except for hard-casting spells, and is very underwhelming. The fact that it is our 31pt talent is sad, also.
90 Draenei Shaman

• What type of content do you focus on? PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? AoE - Especially as Enhancement the current mechanic just feels flat out broke. It takes way too much ramp up time, is completely spellpower based (fine for Elemental), requires multiple debuff targeting/watching, and even under ideal conditions just doesn't produce enough damage. Swipe/Trash (Feral), Fan of Knives/Blade Flurry (Rogue), Multi-Shot (Hunter), Whirlwind (Arms), Howling Blast/Death & Decay (DK), and Divine Storm (Paladin) all are simple, effective, AoE mechanics unlike Shaman AoE.

• What makes playing your class more fun? Versatility / Utility - 3 unique well defined talent trees, excellent range of buffs and utility with an engaging playstyle. Fast interrupt (Wind Shear) is one of the few unique abilities which make our class feel special.

• What makes playing your class less fun? General Homogenization, High Stat Capping Requirements, Secondary Stats feel Mediocre - So many unique Shaman abilities since Classic have been spread around to other classes while retaining outdated clunky mechanics such as totems. A large amount of basic stat capping is necessary (Enhance perspective): 1640 hit, 540 expertise is a lot of basic attribute points compared to other classes. Mastery is great, but Haste and Crit have effective poor secondary stat weight making most gear choices very uninspiring. Feral Spirits seems lacking, abilities are great but the damage feels very weak anymore.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)Single target, excellent! Mutli-target, UGH - See above on AoE quality-of-life issue.

• What’s on your wish list for your class? Better AoE, Totem revamp, Better weight to secondary stats.

• What spells do you use the least?Fire/Earth Elemental Totems, Earthquake, Elemental Resistance Totem, Tranquil Mind Totem, Hex (cooldown too long, long cast time), Healing Surge (as Resto), Frost Shock/Frostbrand Imbue (useless outside of PvP), Purge (useless out of PvP)
Edited by Verges on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
Both
Raids
All
Fire elemental
Out damaging the melee classes on a stand still fight.
Totems
Fire Elemental
Silences locks all spells
Fine
Fire Elemental revamp
Earthquakes damage is low

Earthquake
90 Tauren Shaman
PVE

heroics with intention to raid

Range of buff totems (the actual radius it affects). Losing totem affects to movement (see before). Fire totem AI sometimes non functional (both searing and fire elemental). Earth quake mana cost compared to damage done.

Wish elemental shaman had more incentive to use unleash elements (like increase damage of actual spell, do something with after affect like make the buff a duration, or make the intitial damage 100% chance to crit if used by elemental shaman).

Buff totems non target able and kill able (like strength of earth, flame tongue, wrath of air, windfury, etc) and you can leave damaging or special affect toems to be killable (earthbind, searing, grounding), either pet bar on fire totems or better ai, make unleash elements worth casting as elemental or restoration (either increase damage or alter affect for ele, and maybe make unleash life guanteed proc of earthliving weapon)

Unleash elements as elemental and restoration
Edited by Volmond on 9/12/2011 4:14 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman

PvE

Heroics, Raids (Through firelands) and Questing

Not into PvP

We are the only "hybrid" class without the ability to Tank.

I love when my Ele ability clicks and I sent out some extra lava bursts or lightening bolts (or chain lightening like a sith lord!)

I mostly run healer and enjoy it, but sometimes I have to switch to Ele. I have to agree with a lot of posts about the Fire Elemental issues, and the uselessness of Earthquake

I feel like my heals arent as strong as they could be my ele rotation is pretty solid though.

I wish we would get a tanking spec back, also some more diverse buffs. We used to be amazing and buffy but now anything I would drop as a totem is covered by other class buffs.

Earthquake for Ele and Unleashed for both Ele and Resto
85 Dwarf Shaman

Both

Heroic 25 mans

Arenas and BG's

Having to place totems down at new locations every time.

Ghost Wolf

Totem replacement

PvE for ele is really rng based so their could be no rotation but only a priority list on which to use if it is up. I would really like this to be changed so that the rng based rotations would go away.

Nerf to amount of healing we can do with greater healing wave but buff to other various needs for all three specs of shaman in PvE and PvP.

rockbiter weapon
86 Pandaren Shaman
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Maelstrom x5= free heal is fun
Ghost wolf is fun
Water walking and Breathing is fun
Self Res is fun
Far Sight is very fun
Spirit Wolves are awesome!

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Totems - they die very easily and we need to be able to place them (ie: throw them like a hunters trap launcher)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation for Enhance is fantastic, no issues

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Totem Launcher by far
Better AoE for Enhance, maybe buff magma totem?
remove timer from lightning shield via minor glyph
remove weapon imbue timer via minor glyph

# What spells do you use the least?
Rockbiter
Edited by Untouched on 9/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mainly from the Viewpoint of Enhancement and a bit of Elemental....

Both

Heroics

Battle Grounds

Simply put, totems. Not the concept, but the execution. Everytime I want to use some utility, I end up crippling my DPS. This was somewhat fixed for Elemental, but remains a persistent problem for Enhancement Shaman.

Shaman are one of the most dynamic classes. Especially as Enhancement, it's fun mix of damaging melee strikes, offensive magic and defensive magic, and healing.

Knowing that I'll be the first target in a group because of relatively low risk in attacking an Enhancement Shaman. We have no major defensive or offensive cooldowns that "scare" people and make them think twice about training us.

Our single target rotation is OK, if not a bit clunky. Some RNG is fine, but mixed with a totem that sometimes has a mind of it's own, it can be frustrating.

AoE is a painful for both Enhancement and Elemental. I'll use my Death Knight as an example, since to get the most out of AoE, it requires the application/ use of multiple spells... I use Death and Decay, followed by Outbreak, Pestilence, and then Howling Blast spam. Even in the worst case scenario where I have to apply Icy Touch, Plague Strike, and then Pestilence when Outbreak is on cooldown, I still do it with more ease and better results than my Shaman.

Strength of Earth to move to a buff like Blessing of Might. Less complicated AoE. Either some sort of defensive cooldown that discourages "zerg the Shaman" mentality, or better DPS cooldowns so I can at least counter offensively. Even just being able to drop Stoneclaw while stunned would be an improvement.

Fire Nova as either Elemental or Enhancement. Earthquake as Elemental.
85 Goblin Shaman
<-- virtually 100% of the time spent as restoration

*What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

*If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, 10man. Mostly normal, sometimes hard.

*If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

*What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Increasing the maximum charges on water shield to 4 or 5 would make a world of difference.

*What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy having several spells, totems, etc that I can choose between or mix and match depending on the raid composition and encounter type.
I enjoy being able to aoe heal well but also save people with big heals.
I enjoy being able to move fast with ghost wolf, or find smart moments to move and heal with spiritwalker's grace

*What makes playing your class less fun?
I don't like feeling like I can't contribute well when people are spread out and taking more than spot damage. HW heals for too little to matter much, but GHW will run me dry all too soon.
I could be playing wrong, but I feel I'm much more prone to running oom than the pally or priest in my healing team.

*How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Not quite a rotation, but I enjoy having different niches for different spells.

*What’s on your wish list for your class?
Nothing other than what was mentioned above.

*What spells do you use the least?
Obviously dps abilities or totems that duplicate buffs brought by other specs
Unleash Elements doesn't get used much since it's usually not worth the GCD, unless it's a planned burst... the only one I know to use it on is Baleroc's Decimation Blade.
Healing Surge doesn't get used at all.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
PVE

heroics/Daily

I don't know about all the shamans but for me I hate putting down totems while leveling or doing daily, I wish they would allow shamans a way to get their buffs when leveling without using totems (just buffs, not like attacking totems or Temor totems). I'm fine with it during raids or Instances because the monsters don't die fast, and you normally have them down longer than 1 min. But during leveling/dailys, its like you drop them and either pick them up again in 10 sec after 1 mob is dead or you wait there and see if other mobs come to you. I got to the point that I just don't even drop them down anymore when leveling/dailys.

Learning

Mostly people

Enhancement is fine, elemental seems a bit boring in between Lighting bolt and Lava blast

Shaman Totems buffs without use of totem, unless you want group to have them, somthing in between the Flameshock, Lava blast, lighting bolt and Earth shock(when proc)

Earthquake
Edited by Nagato on 9/12/2011 10:52 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
PvE primarily.

Heroic dungeons and progression raid content.

N/A

- A number of Firelands fights cause Water Shield to fall off constantly (Beth'tilac and Majordomo in particular). While getting the mana back from the procs is nice, sometimes you're in a position where you can't spare a GCD to put WS back up and you lose valuable regen.
- Short jumps on Chain Heal cause it to be not very useful in most 10 man situations.
- Heavy reliance on critical strikes for mana regen makes current resto shaman feel a lot like Illumination-era paladins.
- Small radius on Spirit Link.
- Slow auto-targeting on Ancestral Awakening. It can take up to a second after a critical heal for the AA heal to land and sometimes it seems to turn into overheal because of that when it could have been more useful on another target.

Fights that are fun for me are ones that require group clustering, which makes Healing Rain and Chain Heal shine. It'd be nice if Chain Heal could become more useful generally in 10 mans, like if the jump range were increased to 30 yards to make it more competitive against abilities like Wild Growth.

Fights where people are spread out; since rshamans are strongest when people are grouped up, fights that require spreading out tend to expose the weaknesses in rshamans.

Doesn't really apply to healing.

- improved range on Chain Heal
- 17% hit added for LB when taking Telluric Currents
- a better way of shedding aggro or taking a few hits (Paladins have DS, Priests fade, Druids bear/Nature's Grasp/Barkskin, but shaman only have Stoneclaw Totem which requires a glyph for any sort of damage absorb, and it absorbs very little damage and does not reduce threat)

- Healing Surge, effectively useless since the reduction in its healing done.
90 Tauren Shaman
PvE

Heroics/Raids

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Totems. They have gone a long way from the old days of dropping them one by one but they are still clunky.

Hybrid class. Not much else. Switched my main from Shaman to Priest for fun factor.

Not enough fun spells/rotation. Priests have mind flay/LoF/shadow form, Warriors can charge, Druids shift forms, Shamans can... drop totems? Might be suffering from an identity crisis due to all of the homogenization that's been happening lately.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Too static. The only fun proc which resets your LvB cooldown doesn't even have an aura to warn you it happened. Resto isn't much better, too few spells especially now Chain Heal is only situational, ending up casting Healing Wave x 20 with a few Riptides here and there every pull is not fun.

Better AoE, more fun spells. Earthquake could have been a solution but too weak now and should either be an instant cast or channeled. For Resto I'd like to see another spell or something done to other spells, something like Riptide. Riptide has great synergy with other spells while all of the other spells feel boring.

Stoneclaw, Grounding, Tranquil Mind, Earthquake, Unleash Elements
Edited by Shurikn on 9/12/2011 10:51 AM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman
Answer = PvP

Answer = sometimes a few dungeons and old raids for transmog gear.

Answer = All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Answer = Totem bar, I love it. Earth elemental is fairly useless right now

Answer = Definitely the goblin totems, in my opinion they are one of the neatest set of totems I have ever seen.

What makes playing your class less fun? Totem mana cost, I understand this is not a problem in pve, but in pvp it is one of the big problems. The main tactics for smart teams in arenas are to kill the resto shammy's totems because everyone knows that the resto shammy is gonna drop them again and lose 6-12% mana depending on gear. I like that they are kill-able but hate the expensive mana cost.

Answer = Resto definitely needs a little love. I used to do PvE healing when FL first came out and I think our heals lack in the AoE portion. If everyone is stacked up our heals shoot through the roof, but that is the problem. On 10 man most fights require us to spread out, which absolutely destroys chain heal. Same problem with healing rain, it takes like 12% of our mana but most times it becomes useless in 10 man encounters.

Answer = Honestly, I agree with like 80% of all shamans in saying that we need a water elemental on the resto talent board. Some type of CD that jumps out and does a little AoE healing. or maybe we can specialize him depending on what heals we use while he is out. he could either single target heal or AoE heal depending on what we cast.
For PvE, give us something against melee, we have absolutely nothing to counter melee unless someone is there to peel them off. Druids can brake slows and root / instant cyclone.
Pallies can Hand of freedom....Bubble....stun....hand of protection....sacrifice...the list goes on and on. Priests can fear, they lack a bit on double melee to. we can hex, and slow....thats honestly it. and the slow sucks lol.

Answer = Far sight..... Earth elemental Primal Strike earthquake sucks lol

90 Draenei Shaman
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Refreshing Water Shield too frequently.
Lack of AoE heals without big range restrictions

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Getting big single target heals with mastery + tidal waves
Healing Rain + Chain Heal when we can stack

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Being unable to do decent healing output when the raid is spread out

Having our healing output nerfed when the raid is staying topped off because it's either too dangerous to let them get low or because there's not enough damage and other heals can keep the raid topped off with their efficient proactive heals (shield, druid hots, renew).

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

During heavy healing, the second or two after tidal waves runs out but before you can cast riptide again feels really weak. There isn't much you can do that isn't either really slow or really weak.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Increased Chain Heal range or alternate AoE heal for when the raid is spread out.

Tank healing cooldown.

# What spells do you use the least?

Healing Surge - almost never. It's basically useless.

Unleash Elements - just a heal cast when moving.
85 Goblin Shaman
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE (Resto Spec)

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics/Raids

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Recasting Totems, Recasting Water Shield, Limited meaningful heals to cast while moving (despite SWG), Spirit Link CD coupled with severe area limitation, which makes this situational at best (in comparison to other healer CDs, which are much more universally meaningful)

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Very rich healing set with some rough edges, but every healing situation i've been in has been manageable. Good balance amongst secondary stats and their weight, as there are multiple ways of stat'ing my character that would be meaningful.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Recasting spells that are less meaningful to my job (totems/shields) during a fight. Fights with a lot of movement where a shaman is very limited. Chain heal loses a lot of meaning in 10m raid environments where people spread too much for it to be effective.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I like the various healing combos we have for big heals and/or quick efficient heals. General healing feels natural.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• - Alter Spirit Link to be a more meaningful raid wide tool instead of the limited AoE we currently have
    - Alter recall totem to be an ability that places your currently active totems at your current location for a reduced mana cost (ability off GCD). Yea... it's still recasting totems, but it isnt as much of a mana drain and wont screw with our rotation if off GCD.
    - Glyph to keep water shield from dropping.
    - Extended Chain Heal jump range.
    Edited by Myrious on 9/12/2011 10:49 AM PDT
    85 Draenei Shaman
    Strictly PvE.

Top end raiding.

Dealing with the fire elemental AI. While this has been talked about, it's still annoying to have to deal with. I realize that this brings a sense of skill cap to the spec with managing spell-power procs and what not, but I'd rather he go away all together. On fights that he's pretty much completely worthless, I get sad missing that 20% of my damage.

I enjoy playing casters for some odd reason, and this was just the first one I got around to playing. Overload procs are actually pretty fun, shooting off a constant stream of lightning death always looks cool. Basically, I just like shooting lightning from my fists. It's also much more fun now that I don't lose 7000 dps every time I take a step.

With demo warlocks bring really good this tier, there is little reason to even play this spec, since all the other buffs are covered, especially combined with the fact that elemental has had the rep of doing 80% of the top dps every tier for a long time, which is arguably significantly better this tier, but unfortunately no matter how hard I hit my 1 key, my lightning bolts still feel inferior.

It's not bad, but especially with the current 4p, there really isn't too large of a skill cap. Granted, there aren't really too many rotations that are harder than playing tetris on level 9, but ours is a 4-6 step(depending on your rotation), with little room for variation assuming decent reaction time.
    I feel that Frost Shock is really lonely sitting in my spell book. He wants to come outside and play, but no one will let him.

-To not be a pet class in 4.3.
    -Any sort of crit scaling, as it is completely non-existent at this point.
    -Frost shock as a really weak(or good) execute. This adds to the complexity of your rotation for a certain percentage of the boss, and could be fun, and I'd do it for even a small gain.
    -Some sort of AoE change. Running into melee to drop Magma totems is not only scary but generally a loss of dps. There are no 'Maloriak adds' this tier, so ele AoE is pretty worthless compared to all the other ones. We have roughly 4 spells(Eq, FN, FlS, and CL)to AoE with, none of which provide the burst AoE needed for the fights in Firelands. Earthquake can just go away, but anyway to spread flame shocks would take our ramp up time down from 30 seconds.
    -A 31st talent worth speccing into for more than 1/7 fights.
    -SWG to use when needed would be alright. As far as uses in PvE goes, I rarely find myself using it for the entire duration, and then needing it again for another 4-5 seconds before the cooldown is up. Depending on the fight, this would mean just using GoUL, but having a 'debit card' of SWG time that recharges would come in handy, or even an 'aspect of the fox' toggle. I just feel like as a level 85 ability it should be way too cool to not get used that often.
    -Don't steal my wind shear, bro!

I haven't used/been specced into earthquake on a progression pull until H rag, and it's our 31st talent. Unleash elements is up there, but it has it's place when things line up.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]