Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

Enhancement shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PVE but from time to time i will do some PVP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly heroics and trying to get into raid content but find it recessive to do dungeons day after day

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
when i do its mostly BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
totems seem to be the biggest problem for me as planting them every fight seems to be very reccesive especially if you have keep moving them closer and closer to the mob/boss due to range issues

also the way fire nova works now is a pain because flame shock is not normal involved in the rotation
■What makes playing your class more fun?
being able to cast multiple spells in rapid secession while attacking with dual wield
■What makes playing your class less fun?

having to wait for cooldowns on my melee spells
also see totems above

[b]■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)[/b]
I feel the rotation is quite boring as it seems to me there arnt alot of melee spells to cast and when you are done casting them there is a bit of a null period which u are unable to cast spells because of a cooldown and during it all u can do is attack or heal

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

To have another melee spell added to the rotation to make it well round and without having to wait for all of the cooldowns

to have fire nova looked at so it has easyier usage for enhancement shamans

and to increase the number of spirit wolves out at one time via glyph
■What spells do you use the least?
fire nova, earthbind totem, stoneclaw totem
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Clunky, frustrating AOE damage abilities on the DPS side, and lack of useful panic buttons on the healing side. Spirit Link totem is a niche ability and is basically useless in most scenarios which require panic buttons.

What makes playing your class more fun? Big numbers.

What makes playing your class less fun? Poor scaling, high dependence on an uncontrollable totem for a large portion of DPS.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? It's fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Searing Flames being moved to be applied by Flametongue Weapon instead of Searing Totem. Fire Nova radiating from the Shaman, being amplified a large amount, and putting Lava Lash on CD at the same time for balance to sort out AOE. Haste reducing the CD of Stormstrike to make Haste more desirable. Or hell, make Stormstrike a cleave. Oh, and less damn dresses for Enhancement tier gear, thanks.

What spells do you use the least? Earth Elemental / Fire Elemental Totem. Waste of a totem.
85 Worgen Priest
-PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Raiding / Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-the main source of resto mana regen fully requiring mana shield to be active. give it more charges or a glyph like the lightning shield one so it doesnt drop off all the time.
-Healing stream totem still being party only. everything else is raid wide now, make it a raid wide smart heal for 5 people. or heal less beyond 6 people like other aoes.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Healing Rain

What makes playing your class less fun?
watching water shield fall off mid cast and knowing i have no chance of mana regen proccing from its crits.
trying to save a group with earth elemental just to have it get one shot or never take aggro.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
the healing "rotation" feels fine

What’s on your wish list for your class?
more elementals.

What spells do you use the least?
far sight never seems to have a use.
spiritwalkers grace is too long a cooldown for too short a buff
100 Orc Shaman
Enhancement shaman (Retired)

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
N/A. I stopped playing my Shaman because I don't like how the class became. Now I only herb and mine with him.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A. I stopped playing my Shaman because I don't like how the class became.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I don't like how the Enhancement class has evolved since Classic WoW.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Lore driven abilities like Bloodlust, Totems, Chain lightning, Spirit Wolves, etc

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Enhance Shaman became a physical DPS class like rogues and warriors.
There is no more hybrid class
There is no more "buff" class. Every class have buffs and Bloodlust effect is no longer unique to shaman.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
This is how I hope my shaman will be.
Make Enhance shaman a magic melee class. AKA close range caster. Shaman will the only class that does magic damage as melee. They will be using caster gear like elemental shamans. Their primary damage, does not comes from the physical weapon damage and agility rating, but the spell power and spirit rating through abilities that does elemental damage.

■What spells do you use the least?
N/A.
86 Dwarf Shaman
PvE
Usually Raids, but this expansion I can't seem to get a Raid together, so Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Totem management is my biggest quality of life issue. Water Shield is a close second.

Spirit Walker's Grace makes healing so much easier, especially when learning a fight. I think it may be unfair to the other healers, but it's a lot of fun to just run around, healing like crazy during a close call or a lot of void zones instead of just having to stand there, getting smashed by something.

My main generic healing gripes are LoS issues on some terrain, getting blamed for deaths when people stand in void zones, the constant concentration it takes sometimes while other roles get to just plink away at their rotations.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
This is my first expansion healing, I don't think we have a rotation per se other than trying to use the best heal for the situation. I think Shaman have a good toolbox full of tricks, but I think like tanking (which I did on a bear for a long time) that toolbox has mostly been disseminated throughout the healing role with a few slight specializations.

I would like for Water Shield to be more like Earth Shield, or Lightning shield with Fulmination. Some way to build more charges or have a higher charge number. I understand the balance reasons why it's not glyphable like Lightning Shield (never runs out), but I'm either hyper aware of how many charges I have left to the detriment of my healing, or I totally forget that I have to keep that up because healing gets crazy.

I would like cooldown totems (fire elemental, spirit link, mana tide) to coexist better with the current 4 I have planted. I can't think of a good solution though. You want to place those in specific places that aren't necessarily where your regular 4 go down, but refreshing totems after your cooldowns go off isn't always on your mind.

I know both of these gripes are what seperate mediocre shaman like myself from the great ones, but there you go.

Once I got to 85 with my full toolset, Healing Surge. I guess the fast heal can save in a pinch, but with nature's swiftness I never seem to hit that button rather than just hit swiftness + greater healing wave. I've also not really done any content beyond Heroics so take that with a grain of salt.
1 Orc Shaman

-PvP (all three specs, mostly ele/enh at the present), I raided throughout Lich King and through 4.1, but have not raided Firelands (primarily resto with dabbling in the other two specs)

n/a

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

-Battlegrounds and arenas, rated bg's are too difficult logistically (although I'd like to do them)

-Biggest is totem buffs (not totems, I love totems, but totem *buffs*

This one goes for both pve and pvp, but is definitely more prominent in pvp. I hate that I have to sacrifice strength of earth, for example, as enhance because I'm constantly throwing down earth binds, tremors, stoneclaws. And I'm not just losing it when I throw down a different totem, I have to spend another global and more mana to get it back. I hate having to compare classes, but to help explain further, a warrior does not have to lose battle shout to be able to use ham string or shield wall, a DK does not have to lose horn of winter to use chains, etc, nor do they have to expend resources to do so. I love totems and I love 'on use active totems with a cd' (for example as elemental, earthbind totem is more interesting to me than frost nova as a mage), but totem buffs are boring, it's fun to use earth bind, it's not fun to use stoneskin. I could go on, but I think my point is clear and I don't want to type a book here.

-Thunderstorm being unreliable. Sometimes it just doesn't knock back my target at all (and it's not being resisted, I'm spell pen capped and it does damage). Sometimes my target only moves a few inches because of an invisible terrain change. (I'm sorry if that shouldn't belong in this section but I'm not sure where else to put it)

-Having to spend two talent points to have instant cast ghost wolf

-Active totems! A lot of players complain about totems and their mechanics, but I love using totems like grounding, earth bind, etc. I think that is where the focus on totems needs to lie. Even the old fire nova totem with the countdown to the boom, and then talented for the stun, was very fun to use and very rewarding at times. I would agree with complaints for passive buffs, but not active totems.

-In a very general way, being competitive. There is a big difference, and I notice it, when I'm simply out played versus when I feel like there was little to nothing I could do against another player strictly due to basic class mechanics, which did not require much in the way of 'strategising' on my opponents part.

-Feeling unique and feeling like I'm bringing something to the table others are not. I remember backing in Lich King content my raid leader had pointed out how (I can't remember the words so I'll just provide the basic idea of what he meant) I'm not just spamming my damage buttons and hoping for high recount, specifically he noticed I got hurt and spammed a few lesser healing waves on myself before dps'ing again. I loved how I had a pvp spec for elemental that I used for Saurfang in solo'ing one side (in 10 man) to take the blood beasts, where everyone else needed a partner to help, as another example.
Edited by Keltset on 9/14/2011 7:47 PM PDT
1 Orc Shaman

-Passive buff totems, it's not fun to have to drop strength of earth so I feel like I'm not missing out on my full potential.

-The times where others don't want me to play on my shaman, or when I don't because I have alts and they would perform better. In PuG bg's this doesn't happen, but in arenas, it does. I know 2's are incredibly unbalanced and that's why you can't get titles blah blah blah, but my arena partner and I have had a lot of unsuccessful attempts to fill that third slot, and even if we do, I feel like I'd be holding my team back if I played the spec or class that I really want to play. Even if they didn't want to confront me about it to tell me so, they would't have to. Sure we could make it work, with enough effort put in you can make any comp work, but why should it feel like a chore or feel like it's more work than if I played something else?

-Elemental feels fine, same with resto. Enhance however, has always been awkward I feel. There always seems to be a grey area between spells and physical damage, and not in a good way. Example, when enhance would use elemental totems in Lich King and would use flame shock for haste, instead of the enhance totem for attack power buff. Whether or not they should use lava burst for example. Having to figure stuff out is fun, constantly being unsure of which to use or how is not.
1 Orc Shaman

-New 31 point talent for elemental. Earth quake, in it's current design, is just boring. I understand that 31 point talents are not meant to be the 'end all be all' talent/ability for a spec, but I do believe it's supposed to be something exciting/interesting that you get as a bonus, and would like to work towards just because it's cool, not necessarily because it's powerful. A casted/channeld aoe spell with barely useful utility does not fall into that category.

-For enhance to feel complete in pvp. I've always told my arena partner when venting about it 'enhance is such a fun spec, it's great, but it's just lacking that one past bit to make it work, whether is a mortal strike effect, an execute mechanic, a CC that is more consistently available, etc'. I would hope for something new and unique, but I would take whatever.

-For elemental to have ways to deal with being locked down ***sooo easily***. Being beaten in a fight is totally fine. But being beaten in a fight that you didn't even get a chance to act in because you were locked down the entire time is not ok.

-To find a way for shaman to be able to use blood lust in arenas again. I'm sure it won't happen, but it's such an exciting skill to use. It has a long cool down, is very powerful, but easily countered by dispels or being locked down; the times I use blood lust have always been very intense for those reasons.

-Elemental and it's mana problems in pvp. Either rolling thunder needs to be buffed for more mana return or some other mechanic needs to be introduced.

-Something other than 2 second lightning bolt for filler. I hate that long cast time in pvp, I lose so much momentum from it. Either shortening it's cast time or introducing some other mechanic would be great. I feel like when lava burst, chain lightning, and shocks are on cool down I lose all momentum for damage. I really enjoyed the talent 'booming echoes' in Lich King, I would be able to do stuff like swap totems and shock in between, and always being able to keep up the pressure.

-For purge to remain as is (I think the nerf was fair in idea but not practice) but to actually be able to dispel the buffs i want it to. If it's going to eat a GCD and eat a big chunch of mana and only dispel one spell, then I want to dispel those wings on the first cast, or that innervate, or whatever. I understand that those spells shouldn't be trivialized by such a simple mechanic, but it's frustrating when I'm spamming it and accomplishing nothing because the spell was nerfed but not the junk buffs it originally (somewhat) countered.

-Better self healing in pvp. I honestly did not find anything wrong with elemental's and enhance's healing capacities in pvp until cataclysm, although I admit that could just be ignorance. But it feels like heals for hybrid dps classes were toned down *a lot* (excluding ret paladins and word of glory on 'non-self' targets), yet all other classes that did not have healing spells gained powerful self healing capabilities (recuperate, enraged regen, heroic strike (although that one isn't so bad because it's so situational), death strike come to mind).

-For totem AI (*ahem* searing totem) to function better.

-Maelstrom weapon to be able to proc off of shields and absorbs, or to be altered another way so that shields and absorbs don't disable the building of MW charges

-For windfury to feel awesome again, not just a weapon imbue that helps a little with damage and MW procs.

-Purge, see above (I use it, but it's usually more worth it to continue damaging than to hope purge removes the buff I wanted it to)

-Rockbiter, I love the concept for the unleash elements portion of it, but it's totally useless other than one or two very specific situations in the game.

-In PvE, healing surge

-Earth elemental totem. Sure there are times where I drop it 'for the heck of it'. But this totem is mostly useless. It does not effectively 'tank' at all, nor can it deal damage. If I'm solo questing, sure it might be useful (if it could hold aggro), but beyond that no.

Sorry for the length, that should be everything though, thank you for your time.
Edited by Keltset on 9/14/2011 7:44 PM PDT
85 Goblin Hunter

PvE

Upper Tier Heroics, Raiding when life permits - hardmodes when guild permits.

Unrated BGs occasionally.

Water walking and Water Breathing should not be glyphs, or the glyphs should make them aoe buffs. Searing Totem is a temperamental brat of a totem. Fire Ele and Earth Ele totems are suicidal and impossible to control, with a massive cooldown to boot. I really wish spiritwalker's grace was more useful.

Resto - I adore Tidal Waves. I like having a simple but efficient toolbox that covers everything I need without having more spells than I can comfortably fit on my keybinds. Healing rain and chain heal are both awesome. I love my watery heals!

Elemental - Lava Burst!

Misc. - Totems. I freakin' love totems. Oh, and Bloodlust.

Resto - Mastery: I don't like having my healing scaled back (even more than other healers) as the raid group gets better at avoiding damage/gets better gear. I feel like I should always be the one offering to go dps, because I become less useful at a rate faster than other healers. It also feels a little bit like being punished for keeping people topped up (without overhealing).

Elemental - AoE: I feel like I hit like a kitten, have far too much ramp-up time, as well as mash-up of too many spells. Fire Nova is extremely annoying to use, and Earthquake feels pointless because mobs get moved around, or run around too much. Single Target: Fulmination and Flame Shock sharing a cooldown is obnoxious. Especially true when rapid target swaps are needed. Choosing between keeping my one dot up and sitting on (or wasting, depending on timing) charges for my "fun" button is *not* a fun choice.

Misc - Repeating myself here - Fire Ele/Earth Ele totem: such a long CD for a pet I can't control, that also really likes to get itself killed.

Resto - I'm pretty happy with it.
Elemental - I could use another button or two to push.

Resto - Increased range and a "watery" graphic for chain heal. A girl can dream, can't she?

Elemental - Letting either flameshock reset the cooldown of earthshock, or fulmination reset the cooldown of either flameshock or earthshock. Forked Lightning to replace Fire Nova/Earthquake (I would like to keep chain lightning) - or at least some AoE usability improvements.

Resto - I hardly ever use Healing Surge, it's too expensive and doesn't heal for enough compared to a hasted GHW.
Elemental - I don't use unleashed elements very often.
90 Troll Shaman
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

More PvE but some PvP

Mostly normal mode raids but this patch maybe some heroics.

Mostly BG's with a few arenas.

Being considered weak for being a mediocre output for AoE and single target heals. Totems no longer being unique spells when they are the same buff. (Devo aura stoneskin totem.)

That most of the bulk of our heals come as combining spells like riptide and unleash elements.

Having no major raid cooldown. 10% on spirit link does not make a major difference.

Giving shamans more use out of their totems, more viable raid cooldown, enhancement tanking. They already have a taunt.

Healing surge, just overall bad spell to use more then a few times.
PvP, I like PVE but I have more fun with the PVP aspect of this game, fighting a computer is way way less fun.

Rated arenas, I hate grinding BGs. Rated arenas, particularly 3v3 is the most fun this game has to off in my opinion. Its challenging and strategic, and is much more unpredictable than any computer could ever be. I would like to do RBGs but the way they are currently set up I don't see myself being able to access them easily (IE. When I find a group it either breaks up after one game, or, I can't find a group because of the amount of people required to play them.)

I don't personally have any complaints . I think Spirit link is completely uncalled for. I think tremor should be put back in it's original state so it doesn't make a priest's fear useless, however if done so maybe put a diminishing return on how quickly it breaks fears? IE. Breaks "X" amount of fears for "X" seconds or something.

The amount of utility a shaman brings to the table is great. Being able to interrupt spells and learning to multi-task is alot of fun instead of mindlessly tunneling heals. Thinking about which globvals to use to interrupt or to dispel a team mate is very challenging and rewarding.

Playing Resto in the 2v2 arena bracket.

I don't really want to answer this, as in arena there really is not a certain 'rotation' it's situational. However if there were to be a "Specific" one it would be, for Burst Healing - "Riptide, Unleash Weapon, Greater Healing Wave, or Healing Surge"

Take away Spirit Link, and give resto shamans a better form of CC than hex, maybe make hex a lesser CD but make it a magic spell instead of a curse. Also, decrease the amount of mana needed for Greater Healing Wave and Purge.

Totems such as "Strength of Earth and Stoneclaw Totem, Wrath of Air Totem" basically all the buff totems except Flametongue and Mana or Healing Spring.
85 Tauren Shaman

PvE

10m Heroic Level Raids

HIT REQUIREMENT FOR ENHANCE IS TOO HIGH!

Overall: Totems. Heavy range issues.

Resto: On top of range issues, totems can cost too much to redrop in many of the situations where I am forced to redrop. Being unable to make decent use of my aoe abilities due to range.

Enh: Searing totem is a major liability for me. It can be very cluncky to get it to attack the right targets and the rate that I am force to redrop it (for various reasons outside of it's short duration) irks me. Lack of viable aoe also is a major hindance. HIT REQUIREMENT FOR ENHANCE IS TOO HIGH!

I enjoy the weapon imbues and the level of sustained damage I can do.

Tellturic Currents

See quality of life, overall DPS is subpar, forced to stay on one target with almost 0 movement in order to compete with others.

Tellturic Currents

Enh: Can require a crazy level of focus and reaction time to keep the rotation flowing. Searing totem can easily break that flow. Even with that issue, it can still feels very face-smash-on-keyboard at times. Lack of decent aoe rotation bothers me.

Better control over Searing Totem's target.
Possibly a longer duration of Searing Totem (maybe 2 minutes?)
Better AoE for enhance
!!!!!!!A lower hit requirement for enhance!!!!!!!

Fire elemental totem
Healing Surge
85 Blood Elf Mage

Pvp, haven't done PvE since cataclysm came out.

Mostly Arena since I stopped playing as much. If the game were balanced then I'd be playing it more.

Casting lighting bolt while moving changed the game for me in such a great way. I'm elemental, so it really made my pvp experiences more vivid.

The fact that I can get nine lighting shield charges like nothing now has really made the game so much better for me.

Oh I don't know, ANY CLASS THAT CAN STUN TWICE? As a shaman, we probably have the most worse mobility for getting out of snares or stuns. I mean yeah thunderstorm is nice, and ghostform instantly is too, but still, that's all we got.

I love my rotation, the only issue I have is sometimes healers.

For resto: Water shield orbs not being taken away each time we're hit, instead just staying there frequently.
A totem that removes snares every 10 seconds (all specs).
More mobility for all specs.
Castable heal spell while moving, maybe just healing wave (weakest heal spell).
Taking Unleash Elements off global cooldown (all specs).

For elemental: Making earthquake a spell that will actually do something so it's not a waste of mana and tree-space.
New elements for my totems (all specs), I mean like a Wind element and water element, like there is earth and fire. Also being able to use those in Arena.
Making heal spells a little less mana required.
A more intense burst cooldown.
Maybe a perm. fire elemental when you put the totem down, some what like a minion, but work as it does with the totem now.

Earthquake. I'm not even specced into it because it's so terrible.
Fire nova, healing rain (for pvp I rarely use this even as resto), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
85 Orc Shaman
I'm sure there's lots of repeat answers in here, but here's my take on it:

PVE, using Elemental and Resto, mostly resto.

Raids, and if you raid you gotta grind heroics.

A bit o bgs, although I mainly use the rogue for PvP

Fire Elemental. Tying it to the totem holds it back so much, it'd be much better/cooler if it was our 31st talent of something, its much better than earthquake. Or make it the ele spec spell, and have it be the antithesis to the Water Ele. We're the shammys, we should get the cooler elemental pet right?
Totem buffs. Most of the time when I'm raiding, I'm resto and the only totem I bother with is healing stream, then fire ele and crap earth ele (it sucks, be honest) as a free burst cd. I get why all the buffs were consolidated more, but I feel shamans just have a crappier version of other buffs. We trade usefulness (totems are clunky and easy to out-range on big fights) for having a lot of variety of buffs, but we kinda end up with nothing usually. Any way we could go back to classes having more unique buffs, so we actually feel like we bring something to the table?
AoE Healing. I love and hate my shammys aoe heals. We're so powerful at it if everyone's grouped up, but run out of the rain zone and we suck at it. Chain heal is beautiful, and just feels so...shaman-y that i wouldn't change how it works, but I'd give up HR for a better large-aoe heal to hit spread targets. Like if chain was buffed to be our major small-area heal, and if rain was like a 30-yard centered hot that was way smaller? Something that wouldnt likely save people, but could hit a huge zone? Obviously balanced number-wise, but that'd be a dream for shammy healing imo.

The on-demand power of ele is great, I really feel like I can place damage where it needs to be, fast. As for resto, I love the tidal waves mechanic, weaving spells properly makes healing have a really cool rhythm to it.

Ele aoe is a nightmare. Fire nova is akward, and takes a while to ramp up. Not to mention if your dotted mob dies, you loose so much aoe. What if Fire nova required flame shock on your target, then hit everything in 8-10 yds and spread your shock? That'd be way better and get a good dot going for aoe without the akwardness that's in it now.

I love it. Ele feels good with watching lava flows, and balancing shock cooldowns. It has a good feel where those short-term cds really feel like that have more 'oomph' to them, especially lava burst. I love that spell.
Healing is great, you do feel rewarded for weaving tidal waves in well.

Fire ele off of the totem (he wants to be free!)
A less awkward raid save, I would love to see the return of Tidal Force in some fashion. There was no better way to save a tank before, than instant auto-crit huge heal, with an AA boost over it. Sexy.
Unique buffs, or some other way to use more totems, especially air. Air feels like it has haste, and grounding for pvp...and thats about it.
Earthquake rework. Its just silly right now. I only use it if I know where the aoe mobs are coming, and i have time to prep for them. Its not worth re-casting it most of the time.

Unleash weapon, its really only for movement. I guess enh likes it, but I haven't done much with enh for a while. Not that I dislike enh, its a very cool concept for a spec, I just dont want to build an entirely seperate gearset from my primary(resto).
100 Orc Shaman

PvE

Medium-core 10-man raiding

Having to re-buff my weapon enchants, even if they do last 30 minutes. I'd appreciate them if they were permanent, re-castable. I understand that being able to switch mid-combat into a rockbiter taunt and save a healer is awesome, but everyone has that moment where they forget to re-buff and end up having to use two globals to refresh.

The unique, lore-based spells and abilities that we have access to. We're shaman, calling the elements is the name of the game. Seeing chain lightning's arc, lava burst's molten rock and other such spell effects make the class for me. Consider changing lightning bolt to more of a chain lightning-like effect. Also, please do not remove far sight- Just because there are many people saying they do not use it, do not make the mistake of thinking it is not a good spell. I'd also like sentry totem back. :)

Having my style cramped. Example: Weapon imbue graphics being overwritten by enchant graphics.

It's fine the way it is. Fun at that.

Having Weapon imbues apply over enchants. or having the choice of which to display would be awesome. Also... I know it sounds weird, but having thunderstorm instantly blink you downward in a fall and negate falling damage would be -awesome-
Or more wind-spells in general. A slowfall like Thrall's in the Battle for the Undercity would be handy... all of the displays of true shamanism he performed in that battle would be awesome for player use, perhaps on a smaller scale.

I'd like to say that I use all my spells as best that I can to suit the situation. So that's what I will say...
85 Goblin Shaman

PVE

heroics and raids but lately more heroics

water shield having more charges for restoration so i have to worry less about refreshing it during heavy dmg phases.
Recalling and placing down totems continuously during heavy movement fights while still trying to conserve mana

i do enjoy the wide variety of totems we have for use at any given time and learning which ones to use in a given situation.

i was sad when mages and hunters were given a bloodlust, im not saying it is unfair but it was always a spell i was proud to have at my dispense over other classes.
personally i do not really care for the restoration mastery at present, i do my best to keep targets as close to full health as possible so for my mastery to even be effective i would have have to be letting players health get lower and that would just put me on edge.

i dont mind my rotation, there is much more emphasis on picking the correct spell at the right time to maximize mana usage and it always keeps me on top of my toes.

two more elementals to complete our four element set would be AWESOME.
I would prefer a different form of restoration mastery than the current one, i dont like my mastery working better on players who are closer to dying it keeps me on edge.
a new aoe heal that works more like prayer of healing or wild growth and doesnt have a set area it affects, because getting people to stack together in a raid fight or even heroic dungeon for my healing rain or chain heal is very frustrating.

i have started using chain heal a lot less lately in favor of healing rain, cost to healing it just doesnt pack the same punch and the reduction in power per jump makes it hard to justify using at times. my air totems seem to be the most unused as well. aside from the melee speed buff which is usually covered anyway i rarely use my spell redirect totem in raids. it feels like a waste of mana when i need to conserve every point.
90 Orc Shaman
PvE

Raids

None

Recalling and replacing totems in long fights.

Being the only class that can place totems.

The lack of need for Elemental Shamans in raids, as well as the fact that Bloodlust is no longer a class spell.

The rotation is fine.

More Elementals, and perhaps a new damaging AoE.

Totems: Grounding Totem, Tremor Totem, and Magma totem.
Spells: Fire Nova, Frost Shock, and Unleash Elements.
85 Goblin Shaman
Just a quick note, I mainly play PVE Enhancement, but over all I play all specs.

Both, but more PVE

Heroics, Raids, and soloing old content.

Im on a bit of a pvp burn out, but BGs as well as the other two when I have the groups for them.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Searing totem lasting only 1 min vs most others lasting 5 mins is a bit annoying.
The need to recast weapon buffs and water/lightning shield.

Utility, utility, utility. We are, or at least were, useful in many situation so long as we can react fast enough.
I <3 totems. While they have fallen from the glory of days past when the situation comes up they are still a big help. Sadly those situations are now few and far between (see below).

After the release of cata/4.0 and the massive overlap of buffs, we took the biggest hit as we where the class with the most group buffs. So while as before being a shaman in a raid/heroic was a big help to the group as a whole, we now have many powers that dont see the light of day due to most other classes having more then one buff per power. As a note, I am not sharing the common shaman complaint that most have about blood lust, hunters and mages must/did lose something to gain their version, my problem is the how many of our totems have become not as useful, wind totem being the biggest example.
We have become far to weak and squishy in PVP, is this punishment for the Sulfuras + chain Windfury proc days?
The constant feeling that we are losing more and more utility (not just in the buff department) and even more so the feeling that we are still playing "hybrid tax". It feels like as the game changes/evolves/gets add upon, we get left behind more then any other class.
We have so many useless and/or bad powers (see below).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Enhancement: I like it, I just wish there was a bit more to it.
Elemental: the rotation is so simple I have actually fallen asleep and still managed to keep up on dmg while sleeping. This is the main reason I stopped playing elemental.
Restoration: This is also very simple, it comes down to Riptide plus one other spell that changes on the situation.

The ability to tank, I know this "dead horse" has been beaten to a pulp but you keep giving us tank like powers/benefits (DR, shield, threat boost, a taunt, and even talents in the enhancement tree) but never give us that last few steps. Please either give us a tank spec or at least change/remove Rockbiter Weapon, amongst other things.
Lava Burst on the Maelstorm Weapon list, or at least stop teasing us with it, like in the last 2 betas.
A stun ablity.
Totems such as searing, glyphed stone claw, fire elemental, scale with stats.
More HOTs and/or instant cast heal, and one of these (current or new) not resto only.
More survivability in pvp.
Tremor totem and grounding totem returned to there older cool downs.
A legendary that works for enhancement shamans, and im not counting sulfuras since that was around when a raiding shaman was really only resto shamans.
Spell weapons not being best in slot for enhancement again.
The ability to use swords would be nice, but not needed. Then again the thunderfury siting in my bank doesnt help with that feeling >.>
This is the lore nut in me talking but a 5th totem (life) would be nice to see (see lord of clans for reference).

General:
Earth Elemental due to it only being usful when your tank is dead, if that is the win/loss difference something is wrong in the group.
Hex is one of the worst CCs in the game even more so in pvp. This is due to its base 45 sec CD and the damage threshold, before it breaks, being so low my shocks can break it.
Primal Strike, while I relize this is a to be replaced power after a certen level, it is still pointless.
Rockbiter Weapon, this screams tanking power and yet we have no tank spec, just like with the Earth Elemental if this makes or breaks a group, the group has other problems.
Totem of Tranquil Mind is never used due to other water totems being needed more, and when those are not needed more often then not neither is it.
Flametongue Totem's buff is far to simple to out done by any use of the fire totems, even in resto which is the only spec it should be used in if at all.
Elemental:
Earthquake's damage is so low it is not worth the 2.5 sec (pre haste) to cast it.
Restoration:
Healing Wave does not actually save mana, it cost more to heal with then Greater healing wave (points healed per mana).
Chain heal was once the biggest spell for a resto shaman, but now its useless (due to slow cast time and low heals from poorly scaling spell power).
100 Tauren Shaman
Would be great to have some way of dropping aggro also I would like to see my ancestral spirit spawn instead of just getting the buff and I think the spirit link totem should either have a larger range or a much faster cooldown
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]