Pvp

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

None

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Totem swapping and re-applying totems once the duration of say grounding is up I would put my previous totem down again.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Being the best most mobile healer in arena right now.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Cant complain right now being that we're amazing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Dont have one.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Having stoneclaw shield my party members or a glyph that allows us to cast healing surge while moving.

What spells do you use the least?

Healing rain, rockbitter weapon enchant (haven't used it once), and chain heal.
85 Draenei Shaman
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
both

heroics

bg

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
the tc talent for resto i feel was a quality of life blessing i feel as it provides us with a decent damage(for a healer) mana regen mechanic. now i know this is a take it or leave it talent in the resto community, but i find for grinding i can es and lb and never worry bout mana in most area's. and i like it that i can get mana back from doing damage

i have 2 shamans(one for each side. my other is healtotem on same server. i play strictly duel resto. i find this class to be the most fun of the healing classes and see no issue with it gameplay

i control the raw element. i have a plethora of buffs at my disposal. and visually riptide is the coolest looking spell (in my opinion) in the game. Plus we have bloodlust/heroism

pvp being a target. it make me feel like i the most dangerous player in the game

oddly both what makes it fun and less fun share times
fact that for all the totem buffs i can bring, most class in the dung have the buffs they apply so i have wasted totem spaces
pvp being the target all the time sucks some times but hey at least we can dispel most things

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
i play duels resto so i don't have a rotation per say

they our wishes so i say now they can be grand if i want them to

ch to bounce farther

really i like for my totem to orbit around me like my shield does. the whole drop, pull, drop get's stale. It be nice if they followed me

something like the Gift of naru hot heal for lower level shamans.But without the 3 min cd more like a x sec cd something they could get lvl 18-20 to tide them over before they get the best healing spell in the game riptide. from what little i played of enhanc, and elem i think it be nice for them as well for a quick heal that let them get back to what they need to do.. break stuff instead of hard cast and lose pew pew time

tidal waves to get more charges

a glyph(minor)water shield would make your shield never drop below say 2 charges. so i can have ehw rt es for prime glyphs. or maybe even unleashed for fun factor

a self banish(maybe called elemental shift) were we gain a (pally bubble,iceblock) effect that break when we cast or attack. last X sec

a combines suggestion from a previous post(i don't know all the names thier were many) but if you did ty for your idea's

give us the ability to have our elemental on a pet bar and allow us to control thier abilitys
some ideas for this if it would ever be incorperated

give a water elemental that does a aoe raid wide heal(tranq for shammys) for a whatever amount of time.
and a single target similar to rt on a random group member. (bonus if used by resto spec to healing spells effectiveness by % )

add to the earth elemental were it applies your earth bind totem effect when it pound the ground. and a single target rockthrow

add wind elemental that shoot chain lighting attacks and a single target static cling like root ability (add % to weapon damage for enhance spec)

add to the fire elemental beside the current fire nova it does. it cast a flame bolt that applys the flameshock ability on a target which count for you as a shock applied but does not use your for a cd (add to spell damage a % for ele spec)
rock-biter weapon(not sure if i spelled it right), frost shock
Edited by Shakamunii on 9/15/2011 5:26 AM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman
Answers from my Ele Shaman PoV.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My fire ele having a range, and not having a target system. It usually just go for the wrong target, or get killed, or usually, since my biggest dps increase from t12 come from it, it should be a little bit smarter.
No real defensive cooldowns.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
PvE, pretty much everything...
PvP, as an Ele shaman, I just quit. It's impossible.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
PvE, being left out raids and stuff because my class can't pull the same as the others. Just check top guilds rosters. You don't see Ele shamans as you used to on the LK.
PvP, being targeted for not being able to do much.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Single target is awesome...but the aoe...just awful.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Fire ele as a spell, not a totem.
- The 2pt12 bonus as a glyph or a talent.
- Anothey way, like the old T10 bonus to keep Flame Shock up more time...without using the fire nova, which is almost impossible on boss fights.
- A real defensive cooldown. Seriously, having to glyph Elemental Mastery / Stoneclaw totem to mitigate damage on you isn't the most lovely thing in the world. And i would rather die than saving my EM to mitigate damage at some point (Sometimes I have to do that at Baleroc encounter...sigh)

# What spells do you use the least?
-Earthquake. it sucks.
-Unleash Elements...dps loss.
85 Goblin Shaman

PvE

Heroics, 10man raids (I play mainly Resto, Ele when I'm bored)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Unlike most others in this thread, I have no issues with having to redrop totems. Maybe having them last a bit longer, and some extra range would be nice. But proper totem placement makes most of the points complained about fairly moot so far.

I have to agree with the buffs we provide now. Most of the time I find myself not even dropping an air/earth totem unless I need the slow or stoneskin. Its not worth the mana to drop when the buffs are provided by others, with more or less unlimited range, and far longer time. (However, in PVP, having buffs that can't be dispelled is quite a good thing. Which I see most people overlooking. Granted, 1 swing on the totem removes the buff)

The absolute lack of any *usable* AOE healing. Sure, there are 2-3 fights in Cata where shamans really shine. But other than that, you're lucky to get a 3bounce CH in any 10man fight. (Oh, and 4pc T12 is next to useless for 10man resto shamans.)

Oh, and the fact that we have no real raid cooldown like every other healing class. (Come on, spirit link? If I wanted to shuffle health around, I'd just stop healing and let the mobs do it for me. We're healers, we don't want to take health AWAY from people.)

Seeing 100k crits when someone is just about to die. Nothing makes you more happy than knowing you topped off someone who was more or less dead.

Being the only healer in the game that struggles to keep up on fights that require the raid to spread out.

... having no viable AOE...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Shamans are in a good spot right now with our "rotation". Its not mind-numbingly boring. There's a little something thrown in for each spec to keep you on your toes.

A 3-8 yard increase in CH's hop distance. 15 or 20yds seems like more than enough to make up for our complete lack of usefulness as far as AOE goes.

Old Mana Tide Totem back. We had mana issues before it, now its just worse. It was our one big raid cooldown, as it meant the entire healing team could pump out more heals. Now its just a measly 1/8-1/4 bar of mana. Almost not worth dropping anymore.

Water Elemental! Yea, I know. People have kicked the dead horse enough. But I would still love to see some form of water elemental that acted as a form of raid CD or something. (Something like Tranquility or what have you. Something along the lines of "Heals the entire party/raid for 400% of the damage the elemental does", since elementals are notoriously weak in resto spec, and a bad timing on popping it can possibly have it killed, wasting the big CD. We have earth/fire, why not water/wind?)

Quake to be removed as the 31pt talent, and replaced with something more useful. I don't see many ele shamans taking Quake in their main specs, as its just a mana !@#$%, and really doesn't do much damage. (Some take it in an off-spec for the small chance at knockdown, or when they know mobs will be sitting still for it to actually be useful, but that's about it)

Some form of AOE that doesn't require 25s to ramp up to competitive, or useful, numbers. Cap our number of FS's allowed on targets, and reduce the CD. That'd take the biggest headache out of the equation.

Mages to be removed from the game. (And DKs...)

Healing Surge (seriously, what Resto shaman still uses this outside of PVP?)
Earthquake
... Far Sight?

... I'll probably ammend this later. Its early, and there's probably a ton of grammatical/spelling errors.
Edited by Wom on 9/15/2011 4:22 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
All i want is some sort of defencive CD for EnH shamans.
90 Draenei Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve as restoration

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
ms heals, os enhance

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
mana costs for healing spells is my biggest issue. i have a huge mana pool and high end raid ready gear and i usually run out of mana on some of the tougher boss fights. shamans need the old mana tide back, that plus spirit crap is next to useless. why cant we have an evocation type totem? why is it so hard to balance a shaman, ever since i played my shaman it has always been like a roller-coaster. they are either great or terrible. balance people balance.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
not having people complain about resto shamans running out of mana.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
super high mana cost for big heals.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
dont really use a rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
old mana tide totem back.

one time mana use for totems in pve/pvp. when you enter the instance, the first time you drop totems that should be the only time it uses mana. like a personal storage, when you pick them up, hell i dont even care if it doesnt refund mana. but when you pick them up you can reapply them throughout the dungeon without using mana.

sustained healing

low to mid mana useage

something else to do with mastery. try something useful, like mastery=a little extra mana gain. your a resto shaman and your mastering being a healer right?? your mana dependant, so why not have mastery have something to do with your mana.

■What spells do you use the least?
1. healing rain (almost useless, very rarely is handy)
2. healing surge (uses way too much mana for the effectiveness)
3. chain heal (not sure if ive ever used it in cata)
4. totems (too much mana useage, and almost as terrible gains from the buffs they deliver)

on a sidenote: i have been resto/enhance for a long long time. i love healing with my shaman and i am going to continue to do so no matter what ignorant changes come to them in the future. i feel like blizz puts all this time and effort into a "priority" list of classes, and when they get down to the shaman they are all half asleep from working with more important classes and they make silly or bad decisions to push them through the animated assembly line. take some time, sit down first thing in the morning, and realize that shamans are one of the biggest support classes in world of warcraft. thats what they were intended for right??? so make them a support class again instead of "well we have to wait for the healer to get mana every 30 seconds, so we are going to take a different healer that doesnt have that problem so we can move along faster." Cmon really??
90 Orc Shaman

Both
---------------------------------------------

Firelands / Heroics
-----------------------------------------------

Arena / BGs
--------------------------------------------------

Totems Should be off the GCD with your other abilities, its a clunky mechanic.
Inferiority in high end arena as enhancement is just plain aggrovating
--------------------------------------------------

I have always loved playing enhance shaman and the playstyle of it is very diverse and entertaining.
------------------------------------------------

No longer being able to compete at high levels of arena play as enhancement do to other classes being far superior in numerous ways
-------------------------------------------------

The rotation for enhancement shaman is very fun and unique, i really wish they would have kept maelstrom lava burst however.
also for pve the AOE rotation for enhance shaman is very clunky and inferior to literally every class in the game.
------------------------------------------------------

- make unleashed flame work with lava lash......

- Maelstrom lava burst.....

- Replace worthless talent seasoned winds with a passive defensive CD for enhance shamans that activates when they hit ~30% hp or something of that nature.

- change feral spirit : turn it into 1 wolf, make it last until killed, either lower CD on bash to 30 seconds or keep it at 45 but make the stun 3~5 seconds. If this is too much then perhaps give enh shamans the spirit walk ability from wolves and give it a 1 min CD... the wolves CD itself is very underwhelming. at best i see maybe 30k dmg from my wolves during their entire duration in arena, priests shadowfiend does 5~8k per hit. mages water elemental accounts for on average 15~20% of their dmg in arena.

-remove toughness talent and throw it in with with earthen power, 2 points = 10% sta + earthbind removes snares on pulse.

- fix searing totem or remove the mechanic all together and flat out buff lava lash
another idea for this is simply make searing flames proc off of flametongue weapon rather than searing totem, this would all together fix everything for pve tho for arena we are sort of forced to use frostbrand offhand for the snare.

- make wind shear 12 second CD, lockout for 4 seconds. Reverberation lowers CD to 10 seconds.

- allow enhance shamans to recover mana while attacking targets with absorbs
OR lower mana cost of purge by 30%

- Frozen power : buff the damage increase from 10% to 15%, remove range requirement on frost shock root.

- Take stoneclaw totem and shamanistic rage off the GCD

- Remove static shock talent, add it as passive talent gained when you spec enhancement

- Redesign glyph of windfury : increased crit chance for windfury procs by 10~15%, 2% chance to proc on something is ridiculous.....

- Take totems off GCD with other abilities (give totems a 1.5s GCD just for totems)...

- Redesign shaman AOE, its clunky... ESPECIALLY from an enhance shaman PoV...
fire nova should simply cast from the shaman or revert it back to casting from fire totem.... having to keep flame shock on targets for AOE is ridiculous being that you have to find one that wont die in 5 seconds to use fire nova

- Add new ghost wolf models, i would rather enjoy taking the form of a spirit wolf =)

-----------------------------------------

lava burst, simply because it doesn't work with maelstrom weapon
----------------------------------
and lastly i'd like to add that i have thousands of arena games played as enhance shaman,(2650xp) none of my ideas for change are in favor of over buffing enhance shamans, i'd simply like them tuned to a more competitive state for pvp, specificly arena.

pve enh shamans are in a decent state, they will never be the highest dps in a perfect world enviroment where everyone is of same skill/ilvl however they are competitive and i'm perfectly content with that. AOE could use some tinkering.

of course my wish list is pretty long and extensive but its just ideas i'm coming out with that would help put enhance shamans where they need and very well deserve to be.
please give the community of enhance shamans some hope for the future.
Edited by Katzu on 9/16/2011 2:10 AM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman
PvE.

Heroic raids.

N/A

Having to constantly keep an eye on and having to refresh water shield. It's not a huge deal but it takes away attention from the raid mechanics and several GCDs. Water shield could be improved by adding more stacks, 9 for example.

I love the spell selection, I love the graphics of the spell, and just the overall design and feeling of the class.

As much as I enjoy (or used to) playing my resto shaman, which is why I've played one since Karazhan, it's very disheartening to not being able to perform on the same level as other healers just because of your class, even if you're a better player. The limitations to Chain Heal is probably the main cause of this. I don't see a reason why the jump range can't be increased to 25, 30, or even 35 yards.
During a lot of encounters, I find myself debating what spell to cast in dire situations because my reaction of when my 10-man raid group takes aoe damage is to cast Chain Heal but before I can do that I have to see who would be in range and who wouldn't. This might not sound like a big issue but if it only hits 2 targets as opposed to all 4 or a GHW, that's a huge loss of hps. Spamming GHW is obviously not an option, due to the mana cost of that spell.

N/A

The improvement on Chain Heal. More specifically, a longer ranged jump between targets.
More creative totems that would benefit the raid more. Healing stream is great but that's pretty much it...
I can't remember the last time that resto shamans weren't on the bottom of the healing group, I'd love to see this change someday.

Unleash Elements and Healing Surge.
90 Human Paladin
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

All of the above

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

just BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totem buffs. I like my totems, I have no problem dropping them and keeping them down. However I want everyone else to benefit from them as well. Whats the point in them if the buffs I offer get overridden by others.

Bloodlust/Heroism. Give it back to us, I dont want to share. Seriously.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I love healing. I love being a shaman. I like this water theme we got going. I think my totems are cute.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

My stupid Elementals. No really. They aren't the brightest. Could we get a pet bar for them PLEASE!?! even shadowfiend has a pet bar. My ele's need one. Bad....they have no brain and it shows...

I miss chain heal spamming. I really love chain heal and I just don't see it functioning the way it used to.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I don't have a healing rotation....I go with my instinct.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

A pet bar for our elementals!

I would like to see healing rain buffed more. I enjoy it and love it.

Would like spirit link totem to be a little better.

I want my Bloodlust back. I don't want to share >.<

I want Chain Heal buffed more, I want to use it like I used to.

A better AoE for ele would be nice while we are at it.

I'd like to see Water Shield have a few more stacks.

■What spells do you use the least?

Unleash Elements
Healing Surge
Rockbiter Weapon
Frostbrand Weapon

And honestly Chain Heal, unless I am sure its going to hit enough.
100 Draenei Shaman
- PvE

- Raids

- N/A

- Pet bar on elemental totems - fire and earth elementals (I generally do not have trouble with the searing totem when placed after a spell or two). The fire elemental is infuriating. I wish the Earth elemental would be more useful in heroics. In raid he adds a bit of a dos boost, which I doubt is the intention, and he doesn't pull threat. In heroics, he'll strip the tank of threat in no time. I wish it would be consistent between the two, even if that means he's not useful for dps in raid. A pet bar, like the warlocks with moves on it, would be swell for both elementals!

- Running and casting. I absolutely love this! It is one of two reasons why I switched from my boomkin to my shaman after 6 years of booming.
- Filling a dps role, but being able to drop healing rain to help out in heavy aoe damage spots.
- Totem Management
- Hero!

- This class is a blast, pun intended. It's enjoyable, yet challenging. Acceptable damage for the utility, hero rocks, healing rain is amazing, and there are multiple items to manage, other than just a rotation. I have nothing negative to say in general.

- The rotation is perfect right now. It's not boring, but it's not maddening either. It's a bit forgiving for all skill levels (which is nice), but doing it properly truly reaps great rewards.

- A fire elemental as a permanent pet, but please don't take away our searing totem at the same time. Both would be great . . . oh, and a partridge in a pear tree too! The AI tied to the totem is horrid and may eventually lead to the destruction of something in my house!
- Take away our earthquake, or slot it elsewhere, and make our fire elemental the 31 point skill.
- Can we have a graphic for our healing totem? Someone mentioned an elemental, but with the current AI that scares the jeebers out of me.

- Earthquake, as it isn't effective or particularly useful the way it is currently designed. I can find a way to do everything it can offer in a better, if not quicker and more efficient manner.
- unleash elements, this is a dps loss for us in a single target rotation, unless used in very rare situations, at best 1 or 2 times every 3 minutes. I doubt this is what you all had in mind when it was designed :)
90 Draenei Shaman
PVE
Raiding, normal and heroic 10 mans
n/a

Being mobile, and producing the throughput required at just the right time
Less mobile, always having to stop on the go
Resto: I feel healing surge is a useless spell, i use it on average probably twice in an entire boss fight
Elemental: I feel that lightning bolt is our auto shot, but we have to keep casting it, I also feel that the T12 4 set bonus of making your lava surge instant cast on proc should be in the talent tree.
Resto: A more effective AoE heal, such as Tranquility or Divine Hymn (being a raid healer we are the only ones to not have said move). As well as different elemental totems, perhaps a wind totem that comes in and starts healing low health party/raid members by __% of your healing done. Or at least mastery is no long just direct healing spells.
Elemental: An ability or two in order to mix up the rotation (it's not as bad as say an arcane mage, but it's still faceroll-y).
Resto: Healing Surge and chain heal (it's a mana burn, often doesn't hit who i want it to hit, and isn't worth it wen i can drop a healing rain and direct heal.
Edited by Shamwoahh on 9/15/2011 8:15 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman

PvE
Would pvp again if I wasn't useless in RBGs, arena bores me.

25man, 3 nights kinda progression (we normally get half way through heroics while current).

Water shield popping even if between ICDs, low on charges, and generally annoying with the amount of regular damage in current content.
Totems I like, but they seriously need lower mana cost when they are buffs, and they need a 100y range. Badly.

When I have to turn around a variety of spells and phases have some element of change but not RNG. It's fun when I heal domo or omnotron

it's not fun when I heal Bale and I have a couple spells on CDs just for sparks and then spend the rest of the time spamming GHW.

I heal, I don't have one, and if you were to try to force one on me I'd resent it :)
The current priority and TW haste work well for fun when we get to use enough spells of the right type.

100y totems with cheaper mana cost
No more charges on any shield (yes, including ES more like beacon in how you target it once only)
Chainheal with bigger bounce range.
UE:ELW having more interesting effects (IE allow to spread our ELW hot with next heal, and have those ELW reduced like CH if they are spread by it, ala sreading diseases at 50% for DKs).
Totem trebuchet to launch SLT, or slt becoming something other than a totem.
Minorly tweaked output.
TC working off shocks with ES providing a mana back, and FS providing group heals per tick or something like that. Would make TC mana back non spammable, without a cast time, more interesting, and make FI a better PvE talent, opening more and more varied specs than the current two (with and without TC) options available that still require filler talents.

Healing surge is a waste of a bar slot.
Most totems are unused.
Cleansing hasn't been important at all since VnT and Cho'Gall.
UE is ok for mobility or boredom, needs more cowbell
Edited by Hoofnpuff on 9/15/2011 9:20 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
World of warcraft is the best game ever. When the Shaman first came on people were wowed at the new class. But as time went the Elemental Shaman are the fewest raided class. Its like Blizzard just forgot to upgade us. We fell way behind all other casters in speed and damage. The Earthquake was a great addition but as an Elemental Shaman we are not used in highend raids. We could use some help.
100 Orc Shaman

Both, mostly PvE.

Raids.

Whatever I can find a competent group for.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Totem-twisting, especially in PvP. People killing totems (Auras can't be dispelled).
Spirit Link being better localised. It being off-centre makes placement tricky for no reason.

As Resto: Whack-a-mole. Making fast decisions about who to heal and when.
As Ele: Knocking people off cliffs.

In PvE: When whack-a-mole becomes overwhelmed and it feels like every decision will have someone die, or when damage happens so fast there are no options.
In PvP: layered silences and CCs making me almost useless for what seems like an eternity.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I'd like to feel like I should use Chain Heal more.
The Elemental rotation is boring but I don't mind that at all.

A Fire Nova-style spell that procs off Riptide (exactly like the FS/FN mechanic) would be AMAZING. I'd really like Resto to play like Ele, just with healing instead of damaging effects.
Fire Elementals that don't leash on a boss encounter.
A personal defensive cooldown that doesn't require a glyph.
As above: Spirit Link positioning being better. Why not make it an aura instead of a totem? It being off-centre makes placement tricky for no reason.

As Resto, Healing Surge. But I don't want to use it more. Except in PvP, but it's too expensive!
As Ele, Unleash Elements. It's a DPS loss. Ditto Earthquake (although it's very fun in PvP, especially AV).
Totem of the Tranquil Mind, because why would I? Healing Stream > everything, always, regardless of spec or application.
90 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids! www.theoryguild.net

Casual BG's

Lack of larger instant heals, HoT uselessness

-Working in chain heals to do them correctly, not just spamming them
-Getting to pop Spirit Link Totem and have the entire raid essentially share a health pool!

-Having to keep up Water shield or I go mana starved

-Good, but seems a little too simple to using Mastery correctly on Pallys. Maybe add a separate mechanic for it like Boomkin have.

-Improve Riptide at least HoT wise
-A better Water Shield that doesn't require NO maintenance, but less than it does now. On some fights its either I do nothing with it or it is down 90% of the time.
-Lightning Bolt
-Healing Wave (Smaller one)
85 Draenei Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? 5 man heroics, 25 man raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Having such a narrow spectrum of heals. Resto shamans feel outdated in the sense that we have a load of single target heals, one "raid" heal that is dependent on general clumping for jumps (Chain Heal), and one "make it rain on people" heal that also requires people to be gathered together (Healing Rain). In a 25 man setting, this poses no issue since Chain Heal jumping around isn't an issue and you have a clump of melee for Healing Rain. But in a 10 man environment, which a lot of guilds are transitioning to, Chain Heal simply isn't viable for any encounter that requires spreading out due to a mechanic in said mechanic which also means Healing Rain is not viable. At that point, your only choice is to Riptide + Healing Wave / Greater Healing Wave. Healing Surge got nerfed into the ground, and absolutely nobody uses that heal anymore because of its horrible healing to mana usage inefficiency when compared to other heals in our arsenal.

Resto shamans need new forms of healing to assist in making them viable for all situations in this game. There are so many creative possibilities to make resto shamans feel more like a modern healer than a healer stuck in the past.

Resto could also use a cooldown that doesn't rely so heavily on everyone being clumped. Spirit Link was a good idea, but the fact that it's a totem is pretty meh.

Unleash Elements is also pretty poor for resto. Again, there are so many creative things that can be done with Unleash Elements for resto.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like how many buffs I can provide with totems. I like how mana efficient I am as resto.

What makes playing your class less fun? Lack of defensive cooldowns.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? In a way, it's boring. Riptide > Healing / Greater Healing > Healing / Greater Healing. Or drop Healing Rain and spam Chain Heal.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Defensive cooldowns. More dynamic heals, instead of 5 heals that heal a single target, one heal that jumps around but requires clumping, and a ground circle heal that also requires clumping.

What spells do you use the least? Healing Surge. Unleash Elements.
Edited by Mawaru on 9/15/2011 9:18 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
As a Enhance shaman. I would like our Def CDs looked into.. Also the burst damage is very weak. I think the spec is a blast to play. But I would like to get into a RBG as enh... Thanks.

Also I only play PVP..

Delp.
Edited by Delpernies on 9/15/2011 9:41 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]