Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I try for all. Shaman pvp is really fun since 4.2 and unleashed lightning glyph.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Re-dropping totems, it's a pain that the range is too low or that they cost too much mana to keep dropping them.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The procs. Thunderstorm is a lot of fun in pvp, and recently, moving lightning bolt is fun too.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Getting stunned after using the trinket, you cant really do anything except take it. Enhance shamans can use shamanistic rage, maybe shamans could use the stoneclaw totem while stunned or something like that. Another thing, not being able to use fire ele in arena when mages can still use mirror image and other classes can still use other big cd's.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is decent as elemental but trying to fit unleash elements into the rotation is dreadful since it takes up a global cd for little damage and a 30% damage buff to a fire attack when i could have already done 2 attacks by the time i get that one lava burst off.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

• 1. Make earthquake more viable or have it like the mages ring of frost attack, you drop it and it takes a second or two to start doing damage.
    2. Have stoneclaw totem be able to be dropped while stunned.
    3. Have an attack or a talent that spreads flame shock to all other targets like mages impact talent.

• What spells do you use the least?

Earthquake, it takes too much mana and time to cast. It's not worth the measly 700 damage every second when i could be starting my fire nova aoe rotation.
    Edited by Sawtrap on 9/15/2011 10:23 AM PDT
    31 Blood Elf Rogue
    Both

I focus on raids

Primarily Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Having to relay totems frequently, especially in PvP. When I'm in an arena and someone runs out of range of my searing totem, if my kill target is constantly running away from me it's almost impossible to gain searing stacks on someone even if they're slowed it can still be difficult.

I also have a concern with searing totem attacking the wrong target, i know it favors targets with flame shock or Stormstrike, but i feel like it should target your target only and nothing else. I find the issue when I'm in an arena, and my kill target goes out of my range, i have a 2 second window to relay my totem or my totem will attack a cc target and ruin a possible cc rotation.

My random burst is actually what keeps me playing Enhance shaman, it also has a
    unique play style that no other class can relate to.

Aoe fights where i have to apply flame shock to every target i can within a 5-6 second window and definitely a nuisance especially when i have to tab target to find one that doesn't flame shock. I feel like we should have an aoe spell that applies flame shock to all targets within an area and then nuke them with Fire Nova.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I'm feel pretty about my classes priority rotation, i feel like we should have something to close that 2-3 second window of doing nothing.

As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to have an aoe spell that applies flame shock (or any debuff that can trigger fire nova) in the area.

Also if you guys can resolve the frequent totem relaying issue that would be wonderful, it would definitely free up some globals.

What spells do you use the least?
    I don't use water breathing anymore because 3 minutes of air and plenty of time for underwater.
    All other spells are useful to me, and if not me then other talents of shaman
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

Raids & Heroics

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Having to constantly move totems during the many mobile fights in WoW. My totems offer the same raid-wide buff that many classes offer, however they are tied to a 40-yard radius, cost a GCD to move, cost precious mana to move, and MUST be moved constantly. Also without constantly checking buffs, there isn't a clear way to determine if you in the Totem's radius.

Burst damage and big crits. I enjoyed the original versions of the Shaman and Paladin classes, one was an offensive hybrid class, the other was a defensive hybrid class. They have become too homogenized.

Lack of itemization for Enhancement shaman, especially weapons. It's fun to look forward to new gear, when there is gear to look forward too.

Love the current rotation, just enough going on to keep me on my toes without being too overwhelming.

To bring back 2h Enhancement spec. Rework the totem system to improve quality-of-life.

Rockbiter weapon, Lava Burst (as enhance)
    90 Dwarf Shaman

PVE as a resto and ele shaman

25 man raids

Right now its mainly the water shield refresh issue. It really is not fun to have to refresh it every 5-10s just to make sure that we will have enough mana to cast our spells.

Spirit link totem attached to a totem is another issue. It would work much nicer if it was not attached to a totem (although I can kind of see why you did that... fits with the class and creates some limitations on it)

Then just totems in general. I have 1 totem down during a raid..... healing stream. It is the only one that is still useful and is not overwritten by other buffs (that is not counting manatide and SLT). They feel clunky and outdated.

That we are still different from the other classes.

We find a way to make what we have work and still perform at a decent level even thought it sometimes feels like we have a limited toolbox or limitations on what are spells are useful for.

I hate to say it but totems! They just don't work and are not fun like they used to be. It would be nice if they were all some sort of on use ability like SLT, Manatide, Tremor. I think that would make them feel useful and fun again. Make the buff ones an aura's or something

people spreading out is not fun to heal. if people are not stacked there is very little we have to cast.

For ele AOE sucks. It is so hard to set up and get going on the AOE that the target is dead by the time you start to do any damage. You might as well just cast chain lightning when you can and stay on the single target.

I think the rotations feel ok. Just ok though. There is decent variation in resto. It still feels like we could use 1 more spell. I dont know what though. Maybe some sort of AOE that is useful only when people are spread out.

Ele is the same. It really just feels ok. Again it feels like it needs one more good spell to weave into the rotation. Just casting lightning bolt and lava blast gets kind of boring.

Decouple water shield from our mana regen. I cant think of another class that has to recast something every few seconds to make sure they have enough mana to do theri job. Yes there are ones to up their dps but, that is different. If it increased our healing then it would be worth it. Right now it has to be cast just to maintain our mana. Make it do something more useful, like lighting shield or an actual personal CD (not like stone claw)

Change totems. They feel broken, clunky, and outdated.

Change Ancestral Awakening.... Its really terrible for 3 points. It relies on crit and only a very limited few of our spells.

Change Blessing of the Eternals.... same thing as AA. it really is useless. The eathliving tick is not strong enough for these 2 points to be worth it. Also raids never sit at 35% for any really extended period of time. Even in the heroic modes i've tried this seems to be true. I had read that there is also a limit of i think 10 of the earthliving procs that can be out at one time. That makes it even less useful.

I wish we had a battle rez. We have an anhk and are supposed to be masters of the spirits and elements yet we can only rez ourselves. Make it usable on others! At lest give glyph's to the other battle rezzer's like the druids have.

right now it is probably chain heal and healing wave. Chain heal just doesn't heal for enough and is really bad when people are spread out. I don't use spirit walkers grace to terribly often either. It is just to short to make it worth while. Its better to go in ghost wolf get to where I need to be and start casting.... letting the other healers help for a second. That's why you take more than 1. Unleash elements is ok... I use it more than the other but not much still.

Overall I like my shaman and hope you continue to improve what we can do!
    48 Undead Priest

Both

Heroics, Raids, etc.

Just BG's and open world pvp

There are many but the biggest three would be

1. Positional healing (Chain Heal, Healing Rain) which really hinders our healing.
    This also has caused some raids to try and min/max by only bringing shamans for
    fights that have phases where the raid should stack.
    2. Buffs/Totems with almost every totem we have being provided by another class which
    also provides the buff to stick to players, have a larger range or is just better. Resto
    shamans at the least have very little to offer a raid providing there is any class diversity
    of the raid let alone that our totems are stationary which is a very huge problem most
    of the time due to raider positioning.
    3. Lack of/problems with cool downs. Many cool downs for restoration are either
    positional or lack any real substance. Adding Some actual bonus to healing such as the
    old ability that increased our crit chance but decreased every time we crit would really
    help.

Right now nothing. Shamans seem to have been a "gutted" class which really doesn't have
    anything overwhelmingly interesting about them. I play a holy pally and resto druid of
    which feel interesting, fun and unique with their abilities but shamans do no feel so any
    more.

Well as restoration I hate all the positioning I need to do for a fight which is completely
    annoying. Instead of focusing and enjoying a fight/encounter I need to constantly check on
    the position of my totems, where other players are, etc. As well having to constantly
    renew Water Shield

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

no real rotation except using riptide > unleash elements > Chainheal/GHW. Which really doesn't feel as fun and interesting as Paladin's Holy power, or hots and omen of clarity.

1. Chain Heal distance/mechanic extended or changed
    2. Totems either replaced or at least able to be placed upon my self and others
    3. Better Mastery
    4. More Defensive/ healing cool downs
    5. Elemental aids maybe like guardian of ancient kings for paladins but not a totem.
    6. Water Shield Changed into maybe a permanent buff.
    7. New buffs/spells/Mechanics to feel more of use and actually interesting to play again.
    8. Cleansing totem back.

Chain heal and most totems. This is because I usually do 10 mans and we almost always have every buff available that I can provide except for Healing stream totem.
    85 Tauren Shaman
    Both

Raids(10 mans) and heroics

BGs

Totem ranges and the lack of control over the totems (what they target, etc.)

I feel that an elemental shaman's rotation is very "jagged". By "jagged" I mean that there is too much overlapping of cooldowns such as Flame Shock vs. 8 Charged Earth Shock. Compared to a class like a Marksman Hunter, where the rotation is quick, concise, and sharp, the Elemental Shaman's rotation is wobbly. It feels like it was made to offer more freedom while also giving the user the outline of a rotation, but ultimately it didn't and doesn't work.

More Elemental totems. A water and air one would be great. The Water Elemental would work similar to a mage's mirror image, but would heal at a fraction of the master's heals. The Wind one could simply be another damage totem or work as a periodic automatic interrupter.
    Maybe an ability to turn into an elemental for a short period of time to boost your haste, spellpower, or critical strike rating.
    Enhancement tanks (?)
    Unleash Elements+Flametounge Weapon working with any fire spell.
    An "Earth Crawler Totem". This totem would be an earth type and would drag your other totems around with you. You could sacrifice defense or strength+agility for mobility. I think it would be neat to see this in Battlegrounds.
    More attention in the story :P

Frost Shock, Rockbiter Weapon, Frostbrand weapon, and EarthQuake.

Both.

Raids/Other

Rated BGs, BGs

This is going to sound like a broken record, and it is. Totemtwisting, and poor class scaling. Shaman becoming penalized for loosing GCDs for their totems that provide basic class benefits.

Totems are both the icon and bane of the Shaman. No other class has a resource like the shaman does. You can not see a Death Knight's runic power, or see a Warlock's shard count. Yet when you see a glowing crystal/rock/sticks/mechanical/etc on the ground, you know that a shaman is here.

Chain spells, "Ward Spells" (HR and EQ), and elementals are icons of the shaman.

No other class has the visuals that the shaman does, the raw, primeval elements the shaman uses. Fire, Lightning, and Earth define dps, and Water defines healing. The change for Resto from nature based to water based was brilliant.

Weapon Imbues are fantastic, only rogues have something like that, and theirs is too passive to be even close. I know where the concepts of a lot of shaman lore comes from and this is one fantastic adaptation.

Again, totem twisting. Shaman have a huge variety of spells at their disposal, and rightfully so as the jack-of-all healers. However, the need for certain totems at certain times, along with the mana cost, destroys that feature.

Poor class scaling is the one that kills me every time. Per raid, I cast around 25-30% more spells/attacks than a druid will. For paladins that gap is slighting closer, but for priests it is even further. As far as dps, wasted GCDs determines if I have a raid slot or not.

I love the enhancement rotation. I enjoy this healing model way more than what it was in Wrath/BC. Personally I am not a far of casters, but the elemental spec has its place as well.

Unfortunately no single spec has an ability that gives it that oomph/stank/shine/kick/etc that every other class has, let alone for PvP. Enhancement needs another mechanic build into their rotation to make it shine, but not a fundamental change. Resto need more. Not spells, their model is fabulous with how it is working atm, but an effect from their spells on top of ironing out the last of the bugs in the resto mechanics. I love elemental as it stands, for what little I like playing a caster.

I would like to see more frost damage, and increased impact of weapon imbues on the class as a whole (along with changes to totems to not waste GCDs). Totems need to simply "do more".

Enhancement
    This spec needs something more than just passive buffs. The Lava Lash mechanic is neat and brings variety, but spec needs one more. Personally I would love to see usage of the Earth Elemental for enhancement and have it increase Stormstrike damage, or preferably add a mechanic to the windfury totem to either add, or spawn an air elemental creating a new mechanic similar to the Searing Bolts of our fire totem. These would remain totem based, and not a problem for PvP balance. Increasing nature damage for our LBs, Shield, and shocks would be very easy to regulate, and very easy to add an AoE component to.

Enhancement PvP
    Weapon Imbues is a huge part of Enhancement, but suffers from GCD usage. This could be alleviated with a talent or ability that changes all fire based abilities into frost abilities. FT becomes a form of Frostbrand, or better yet, a passive ability when frostbrand is placed of the off-hand to change it into a form of, lets call it, "Ice Assault" (im not the best at naming things, my tabby cat is called Tiger). It could accrue ice charges from the now Freezing Totem, and then provide a snare or a form of Shatter Combo on attack. This would free up Frost Shock, and maybe, just maybe, enhancement could be a class that does more than single target in PvP.

Unfortunately, Far Sight. I needs to stay, but need something more to it. Healing Surge isn't even on my bar anymore.
    Edited by Shoctologist on 9/15/2011 2:28 PM PDT
    85 Troll Shaman

Both

Dungeons, Heroics, Occasional PU Raids

BGs, Just started hopping in Arenas

As enhancement, I can't complain that my shields are hard to keep up, (Glyph of Lightning Shield was an AMAZING boost to quality of life.) and my totems aren't too hard to redrop. I can't really consider anything to be a "poor quality of life" issue.

Maelstrom weapon. Hands down. I love being able to stay in the fray, beating on opponents and get the ability to choose whether or not to do more damage, a quick bit of AoE damage, or a bit of healing to help the healer out. I love the unleashed elements, along with the self-weapon enchants. Being able to make use of just about all of them is a plus.

Complication of AoE abilities. Earthquake is really a poor choice for AoE when you waste so much mana for such a small amount of damage. Making Fire Nova originate from your flameshock target is a large jump from having to drop a totem and then fire nova. However, for it to be a legit source of damage, you need to put multiple flameshocks on multiple enemies... and normally when you are using AoE, it is for large amounts of low health creatures. (Troggs in HoO for example.) By the time a second flameshock is on another target, the first one is dead.

I'm actually quite happy with Enhancement's single target rotation. It's a bit hectic, but fun.

A simple AoE. I'd personally love if fire nova's damage was upped, and it was centered on ME. (This of course is for enhancement... other specs would probably not agree with me.)

Frost Shock. I don't understand the point of doing an attack that causes me more aggro when I'm unable to tank in any way, shape, or form.
    Both

All

BGs

Not having many great spells. We dont have many BIG dmging spells and our heals have been lacking. Also, INT and Spirit mail is near IMPOSSIBLE 2 find while lvling, even in dungeons.

Knowing that I can burst out serous dmg against anything, even if its rlly repetitive.

Using the same spells and having no big dmging spells for that difficult situation when ur about to die

It's super boring! Lightning bolt, mastery, flame shock, lava burst, fulmination, repeat. I've tried every spec as shammy and i like ele the best, but its super repetitive

A HUGE nuke spell and actually controlling and elemental as a pet. I mean, we are the masters of elements, aren't we?

Earthquake, since it costs so much and my elemental totems, since they can be killed by hitting their 5hp totem and their cooldown is ridiculous
    87 Dwarf Shaman
    What type of content do you focus on? (PvE/PvP/Both)
    PvE, Enhancement

Raids/Other

Weapon Itemization is the primary. I’ve been raiding T11 & T12 for months, and still am using ilvl 353 weapons… I’m simming the ilvl 378 Dagger from Firelands just to see if it is an overall DPS improvement. This ties in to the issue – wiith the way our damage is structured, we are limited to slow one-handers only, which is limiting the weapon pool significantly. Builds ago, this didn’t use to be the case – there were pros and cons to 2H vs Dual Wield, Fast vs Slow, and it wasn’t “Itemize this way or perish”.

Totems – In a raid, besides Searing, I throw them down just because it wouldn’t feel right not to, and in case someone providing a buff dies. I realize that having shamans provide 4 unique buffs was a detriment to raid composition, but if we’re going to be range-limited (unlike everyone else’s buffs), perhaps they could be morphed into more temporary buffs that stack with others, or enhance other’s buffs. For instance, if there’s a DK using Horn of Winter already, the SoE totem enhances that by 5%.

I’ve always loved playing the shaman and combining melee with spells – I was never a fan of sitting back and slinging lightning bolts, or just swinging and not having any magical abilities.

Being able to heal myself – it’s not as good as some other classes defensive cooldowns, but it’s saved my life more than once when the incoming heal from the healer was just a little late.

Besides the items above in QOL..

Searing Totem. Not only is the refresh on it annoying, but it makes me feel penalized if I switch targets and lose the bonus damage to lava lash. I don’t think we have as much of a target switching issue as rogues do, but it’s there.

AOE. I don’t even bother most times – I do more just single targeting the eyes or scorpions or whoever happens to be in a pack.

Working my butt off hitting my rotation perfectly, only to see myself out dps’d by the arcane mage who did 97% of their damage with arcane blast. Not whining, just saying that it sucks sometimes to hit everything perfectly, only to find out you weren't even close to the guy hitting the one "win" button.

The rotation is good – I’d like to see perhaps a bit more situational choice – like the DK rotation got for single vs aoe, etc – but It’s not overwhelming and makes me feel like I am participating (see single button mage)

Choice. I’d like to see it get to the point where there are viable options to speccing – for instance, how a DK tank can choose to go Mastery or Avoidance, perhaps have the ability for an enhancement shaman spec differently and itemize accordingly

Totems… I feel like I’m lugging four heavy logs around

Perhaps some spell differences – like Resto focuses on water/ice, Elemental fire/lightning, and perhaps Enhancement gets some type of earth spells that enhance speed, or an earth spike… something so we’re not just throwing a lightning bolt at face range into the boss, but instead using an ability that makes more sense.

Elementals – still clunky. A rework? Have the earth elemental intercept / absorb a percentage of physical damage to the shaman and the fire increase spell damage? Some reason to put these down an justify them, for enhancement at least.

Lava Burst – I pretty much only use when I pop Spiritwalker’s Grace because I want to throw another spell while moving to the next area I should be in.

Spiritwalker’s Grace – see above.

Earth/Fire Elemental – rarely/never lay them down

Rockbiter, Frostbrand, Earthliving Weapon
    90 Orc Shaman
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Instant Ghost Wolf, Big Lava Lashes, healing capability.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Narrow-minded weapon drops

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Enhance Rotation is a lot of fun, it offers a good priority system that doesnt seem to get old

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Broader weapon drops
    Less kilts or atleast the option of legs aswell as kilts (specifically for enhance)
    More animal themed tier
    More Animalistic abilities/animations with said abilities

■What spells do you use the least?
    Purge, cleanse, grounding totem, stoneskin, resist totem
    85 Blood Elf Rogue
    09/12/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Levianthan
    Only reason we are even focsued is because we have no defensive cooldown in high pressure situations.

Let me clarify a little. You're focused for a number of reasons:
    1.) You can heal
    2.) You can Hex
    3.) You can Purge
    4.) You can Windshear
    5.) You can Thunderstorm
    6.) You do crazy spell damage.
    7.) Let's not forget Earthbind Totem

You're focused out of necessity for control, not because you're an easy target.
    Edited by Speedirogue on 9/15/2011 1:49 PM PDT
    8 Orc Shaman
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE - Resto and Ele. Very, very little experience as Enh, so this is not about that spec.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    5-man heroics and 10-man normal raids (with occasional heroic modes as well).

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    1. Searing totem/fire elemental AI. Hands down. Half the time it doesn't attack anything at all. Sometimes it attacks the wrong target. Having to re-drop it to attack the correct target is annoying due to the loss of a GCD, and sometimes that doesn't even work. An example of a fight where I found this frustrating was the Omnitron Defense System. I'd frequently find myself having to cut my fire elemental short and just drop a searing totem because my elemental was on the wrong tron. DPS loss. If we had a way to direct them to the correct target, that would be very helpful.

2. Refreshing water shield. I do enjoy having to do it on occasion, but on fights with constant pulsing AoE damage, it's kind of annoying. Beth'tilac is a good example. I frequently (as in, multiple times per minute) find myself having to choose between saving someone's life and limiting my mana regen or refreshing water shield and letting them die. Those kinds of choices are fine - on occasion. But never every 15 seconds, that's just silly and stressful.

3. Reincarnation returning you to life at 10%. Sure I can heal myself to full, but by the time I've done that, I'm oom because I also started at 10% mana and had to re-drop totems as well. So what's the point? If we could have a glyph to return to 100% like the druids have, that would be great.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    I love the spell effects. The new watery heals are great, and chain heal has always been awesome looking (I wish we could use it more often!). I love being adaptable to different situations as a healer. Tank heals or raid heals, I'm there. Being able to save someone's life with a 100k crit is also fun. Elemental's mastery is also really fun - I love seeing double lava bursts! I also love the elemental-y flavor of the class. Throwing lightning at people is pretty much awesome.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    When my fire elemental goes derp and decides he's going to sit the fight out for no reason. Feeling limited and having your dps suffer because the elemental won't cooperate is very frustrating. I also hate that I have no way to aoe heal when people are spread out. Actually, feeling limited in general is frustrating.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    For elemental, I find it a bit too simple. I wouldn't mind another spell to use so I spend less time spamming lightning bolt. Otherwise, it's pretty fun.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    --Fire totem AI fix. Already discussed at length by everyone here (hopefully that fully conveys the need for a re-vamp!)
    --Another spell to use (perhaps a relevant 31-point talent that actually gets used in our single target rotation - something iconic that will stick with and add to the flavor of the class).
    --A new way to AoE. Mobs are dead before I've finished casting Earthquake. Or worse (Occu'thar comes to mind. Earthquake is useless on that fight because by the time I've finished casting it, the eyes have blown everyone up and we've wiped). Flame Shock/Fire Nova is okay, except that it takes forever to get going and usually everyone else has finished the adds off at that point. Also, that rotation is just clunky. Let me clarify: Adds are up. So I FS, FN, CL - Oh look! Fulmination is up! Do I ES or FS? Good question. Either I can continue to ramp up my AoE with more FS and waste LS charges, or I can ES and my AoE dps stays crap. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do here. Something feels off - it is not streamlined at all.
    --A way to AoE heal that doesn't require everyone to stack up. During phases in which everyone has to spread out, all I do is spam Greater Healing Wave and use Riptide on CD, maybe with some Unleash Life thrown in there. That's not very fun and takes zero skill.
    --A small change to Water Shield would be nice, even if it meant giving us 9 charges instead of 3.
    --A targeting mechanic for Spirit Link. Does it have to be a totem? It feels so clunky like that. If it stays as a totem that lands next to us, then it needs to be raid-wide (or at least needs a 40 yard range).

# What spells do you use the least?
    Healing Surge, Unleash Elements, Chain Heal (unfortunately, as I feel this is an iconic ability and should be used more often), Earthquake (I'm about ready to take a talent point out of it, seems like a waste), Rockbiter Weapon, Frostbrand Weapon, 2/3rds of the Call of the... spells, Earth Elemental (dies in 1 hit, can't hold threat).

Thank you for your time - I really hope you make a few changes to our class.
    Edited by Rekamah on 9/16/2011 10:32 AM PDT
    90 Orc Shaman
    09/15/2011 01:48 PMPosted by Speedirogue
    Only reason we are even focsued is because we have no defensive cooldown in high pressure situations.

Let me clarify a little. You're focused for a number of reasons:
    1.) You can heal
    2.) You can Hex
    3.) You can Purge
    4.) You can Windshear
    5.) You can Thunderstorm
    6.) You do crazy spell damage.
    7.) Let's not forget Earthbind Totem

You're focused out of necessity for control, not because you're an easy target.

I play with a frost mage and i get focused obv they do it for control
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Both
    Both
    Both

searing totem is pretty random when it comes down to selecting targets. Global cooldowns on dropping totems is another problem when times get hectic; i want all of them down.

love the play style as enhancement and seeing the peaky lava lash damage

searing totems having their own minds. locked out from popping all your totems when interrupted. spirit walk is suppose to be immune to slows for 15 seconds yet slowed by desecration and mushroom aoe.

seems fine to me

-fix spirit walk to make it IMMUNE to ALL slows for 15 seconds this time.
    -change earthquake to be used as enhancement aswell; it seems more realistic if enhancement is using it because our mastery will scale with earthquake, plus 5 stacks of maelstroms can make it instant(another stun).
    -make earthquake to be trained from your trainers instead of talent spec'd
    -no global cooldowns on totems
    -make spirit wolves viable again in damage output.(suppose to be our offensive cooldown)

-healing rain
    -chain heal
    -bloodlust(cant use that in arenas anymore sadly)
    Edited by Bubbasham on 9/15/2011 2:50 PM PDT
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

PvE - Heroics, Raids, pretty much everything
    PvP - Arena, BGs, hopefully soon Rated BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

While I don't use them much, the elements are a big gamble. Have saved parties before with earth elemental "tanking" or fire elemental adding some dps. If they were more like other pets it would be very beneficial even though they're not permanent - would make using them worth more given their large cooldown.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I really do enjoy using totems. I like the uniqueness of the class because of that over any of the other heals out there.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Water Shield is a pain atm.

Totem range/dropping totems isn't always enjoyable with a fight that has to be more mobile. I enjoy dropping totems and don't want them going away, that's part of the class, but something needs to be changed.

Tremor totem is worthless with it's huge cooldown like in heroic SFK. Also there is no way it competes in PvP with chain fear spams - very frustrating.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Don't have a set rotation as heals but find my options quite satisfying in PvE content.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Improved Water Shield, Totem ranges and better Tremor totem (or shorter cooldown time).
    Shaman Tanking spec.

■What spells do you use the least?

Tend to not use AoE heals much unless in groups with a lot of melee DPS. The ranges/effect areas aren't always enough to be worth casting.
    85 Draenei Shaman
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both.■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]All.■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]All.■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I have no concerns,yet. ■What makes playing your class more fun? Got to love the hard casting,makes you think more inwhich i love.■What makes playing your class less fun? Not enough HOTs.■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)My rotation is fun and simple,so i would say its good and i enjoy it.■What’s on your wish list for your class?1 more HOT and for earthquake to be able to be used by all shammies.■What spells do you use the least? 1. lightning shield 2.healing surge
    Edited by Proflol on 9/15/2011 3:15 PM PDT
    85 Goblin Shaman
    ■What type of content do you focus on? PVP
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and Ratedbgs.
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The threes situation of "oo look ele shaman on the other team, dispell his earthbind roots and everyone sit on him!" to GG.
    ■What makes playing your class more fun? The fact that while freecasting we can get some big hits, and if pressured we now have fulmination which is a decent instant cast(ty).
    ■What makes playing your class less fun? Being sit on which leads to my main arguement; healing.
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? i love the way we can get interrupted(if your facing an opponent who knows how to prevent juke) and cast a spell from a different tree.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class? i know theres a glyph but giving up damage as an ele is a given nono. our only way of winning is to catch an enemy w/o bubbles or dots with a cds lava burst. i think we either need a hefty defensive CD such as (first thing that comes to mind) bear form regeneration, OR simple a buff in healing. Being a shaman i think oh ele decent damage (i know we can burst but not in pvp cause of mechanics, go eye a frost mage) and i can always throw a healing surge on myself! Well it doesnt work out.. Healing ooms me and iv died spamming healing surges with simple 1 or 2 people on me, while any other dps can go defensive and atleast for a small amount of time hold off two dps from a 3s arena standpoint. I hate ending a rbg/arena being an ele shaman having to off heal WAY too much and the healing done charts shows a rogue beating me *smh*
    ■What spells do you use the least? earthquake i ignore; it would be great from a RBG stand point since it can aoe off flag while your doing other things, but with what 200 mana per second i cant use a 17k mana cost spell. i am forced to purge alot say disc priests which my mana can mostly handle this is with only lightning bolts, if i use chain lightnings (faster cast = most burst/less interrupt) i cannot purge as much visa versa. i hope my feedback stands for more than just me being possibly the only pvp ele shaman on my realm lol.
    85 Goblin Shaman
    too that rogue who posted 7 things about ele shaman
    1. interrupt/silence
    2. interrupt/silence
    3. very mana costly/must stop casting based rotation
    4. granted
    5. cooldown is twice longer than your shadowstep nub
    6. interrupt/silence/sit on for too much pressure
    7. dispellable/cloak of shadows w/e mainly dispellable!
    Edited by Fresh on 9/15/2011 3:40 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]