Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Shaman
What type of content do you focus on?
PVP (Strictly Elemental)
If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Earthbind resisting. Using talent points to get ghost wolf. Unleash Elements being not worth the global when you need it most. Stoneclaw not scaling. Grounding totem on the GCD.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Any spec has damage, but I love the utility we bring to pvp.
What makes playing your class less fun?
The mana issues, really. I can't even use my utility to it's fullest extent when purge/cleanse and heals cost so much (which is understandable) but every time i help my team im only hurting myself in the long run.
How do you feel about your “rotation”?
not really a rotation in pvp

What’s on your wish list for your class?
a 31 point talent? I also love the mechanic of building up punishment for the person wailing on you with Fulmination (since we have no defensive cds) how about a talent the reduces the CD of Thunderstorm by x seconds for every attack on you while stunned/rooted? Or while stunned/rooted the ICD of Lightning Shield is removed. While i would love a defensive CD i would much rather be able to use all my spells and actually have a 31 talent ffs.

Also having far sight being able to see stealths would be pretty awesome but op :p
What spells do you use the least?
earthquake.
85 Orc Shaman
Already posted but wanted to add Unleash elements off global cooldown is needed also purges mana needs to be reduced slightly we already have enough mana issues as elemental
80 Orc Shaman
I'm not 85 yet, so you can go ahead and take what I say with a grain of salt, but I have played this toon for a very long time (I level slow), so I'd like to think I have a few useful opinions.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Lots of questing and dungeons, both regular and now Wrath heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

The occasional BG if I'm high in a level bracket and want to kill time.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having to reapply shields is irritating. Even with the glyph to make lightning shield not consume charges, hitting the button every ten minutes gets old. I think it might be better to change the shields to more traditional self-buffs, with long durations and no charges. Earth shield would obviously be an exception and doesn't need to change.

Also, our AoE damage feels really clunky and impractical right now.

The versatility. I'm a walking Swiss army knife. No matter what goofy situation I find myself in, I always have a spell or a totem that's just perfect for it.

Also, more specific to enhancement spec, I like how it seems to be the only class in the game that perfectly melds melee and magic damage. It's the best of both worlds of being a warrior and a caster.

For resto, I like the way all the spells synergize, everything buffing something else.

Finally, I think we're one of the most visually interesting classes in the game, between our totems, our shield buffs, our weapon enchants, and our nice flashy abilities.

Sometimes the enhancement DPS rotation feels a little lacking. Resto is a bit lacking in mobility as well as cooldowns, which makes me feel rather powerless sometimes in crazier situations.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I mostly like the enhancement rotation, but it feels just a little stilted at times. Unleash elements will probably help with this a lot, but right now I spend a little too much time sitting on my hands and waiting for cooldowns to refresh.

I'm also not a fan of the way lava lash's damage is tied into the searing totem DoT. It sounds neat in theory, but in practice, it feels rather awkward, especially during shorter fights.

I have no complaints about the resto rotation, if a healer can be said to have a rotation, though a little more mobility would be nice, especially at lower levels before riptide is available.

For travel form to be instant cast for all specs.

More cooldowns for resto. Spirit link totem is awesome, but compared to my holy pally, I still feel lacking in emergency buttons on this character. Since you've become more open to the idea of spreading powerful abilities around, might I suggest a shaman version of lay on hands?

For shields spells to need to be refreshed less often (again, excepting earth shield--it's fine).

Simpler and more effective AoE DPS.

Pretty much everything gets used sooner or later. The only ones I never really touch are my frost spells, rockbiter weapon (I still don't understand why a non-tanking class has a tanking spell), my CCs (this will probably change as I get into Cata content), and stoneclaw totem. I've found a use for just about everything else--again, gotta love being a walking Swiss army knife.
85 Orc Shaman
PvP

PvP [All Kinds, Arena, Rated Bg's, World PvP]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Searing Totem - Really Clunky Still should hit target no matter what shock

How Smooth it is High Mobility

No Survival if you get Chained usually they stick on me and really easy to kill. goes for all dps specs in the shaman.
i feel as if well need some more burst at some points.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Very Easy to change around doesn't really matter to much in PvP

Ancestral Shield or something a shield that does all shield less of a hassle to change and seems cooler.
little bit more Damage - enhancement
a class stun without feral spirit we go the hex which is dispelled half the time i think we should have a choice the stun on a target or the hex or both for defensive reasons.

Depends on the situation.
10 Goblin Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] 90% PVE, 10% PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Questing, Soloing, 5-Man Dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Occasional BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My only complaint is that using totems is still too awkward. There should be a way to drop a specific totem with the click of one button without having each individual one stacked on the hotbar, and even worse is the dropdown menu you have. Also totems are virtually useless in PVP since any simple attack or AOE can easily dispel it.

What makes playing your class more fun? Variety. Resto Shaman is my favorite healing spec, and also the lore is wonderful.

What makes playing your class less fun? Totems. I never liked them mostly due to being so awkward to use. Also the elemental shields, having to press them every 2 seconds is annoying, half the time I don't even use them

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like it really. No problems here.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A fluid and intuitive way to place totems. I don't have a suggestion on how but to me using totems is far too awkward to constantly place totems every fight. It's nice that we can drop all 4 at once but there should be a way we can choose which totems we want specifically for each encounter without having to go through the dropdown menu. And totems are completely useless in PVP and there should be a way so we can use them in PVP, maybe add a spell where we "absorb" the totems' power, making it dispellable? Or maybe just make the totems more durable? Also, we need better AOE even if its only one more spell. And last wish, and this is nitpicky, but the orbs of fire, earth, etc that revolve around your weapon kind of annoys me. Aesthetically I would like it much more if the weapon just kind of glowed a certain hue kind of like the death knights runeforging ability does to its weapons. At the very least, the whole totem situation just needs to be remedied.

What spells do you use the least? Primal Strike, Purge, Fire Nova, Tremor Totem,
85 Draenei Shaman
-Both
-Raids
-BGs
-Having Good DPS and CC.
-Windfury, Ghost Wolf, Various CC, Burst Damage
-Having to Pop Totems constantly on the move
-It's nice, lots to use.
-Quest Upgraded Ghost wolf to Something flying, change to Fire Elem AI, changes to Shamanistic Rage and Rockbiter as they really don't benefit the class in any way. And Improve AoE for Enh. Also for Some healing spells for Enhancement to be buffed a little bit to heal more.
-Rockbiter, Fire Nova(It's kinda a pain to use most of the time).
90 Pandaren Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

dungeons and raids as enh
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
aoe, when it comes to aoe i just sit there and watch the mobs being killed by others
some improvent on the totem management (right now it feels like a chore)
get a benefit from usin heroism/bloodlust (our dps goes up marginaly while the other classes
u see a huge differnce)

■What makes playing your class more fun?
the fast pace of usin my ablitlies and usin totems (even though it feels like a chore usin them)

■What makes playing your class less fun?
aoeing, and not as mobile as the other mdps classes (im limted to where i place my totems)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
for single targets it phenomanal, aoeing yea i dont realy bother.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
our aoeing is fixed, more mobile, haste/crt is more usefull to us, a acutal os button that helps when i accdently agrro or the tank dies.

■What spells do you use the least?
fire/earth elemental, frost shock (since i dont pvp), rockbite weapon (realy? something that produces more agrro and w/ ue is used its a taunt?) all earth totems cept str of earth (u nerfed tremor totem so bad that its useless now) primal strike (i lvled this toon during bc days so when we got this spell/ablitiy i nvr had the chance to use it from lvl 1-10 and no one will when they reach lvl 10 cause they get ss), far sight (i see no use for this spell in any area and just a waste of space on the spellbook), frostbrand weapon (again, its b/c i dont pvp)
85 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids

Negative

Totems.... i mean half the time they just dont retarget so im wasting a GCD just to recast Fire Elemental and half the time they just dont attack your target anyway

Unleashed Lightning Glyph... Elemental Overload the fact that i can shoot about 6 LB's off in a row and with the 4 Set t12 you just know that boss is gonna die :P

AoE, every shaman knows what its like to aoe its just horrible by the time we start climbing the dps ladder the aoe is over because of classes that can instant cast aoe eg "Fan of Knives and Feral Swipe" i think i stopped aoeing alot lately
The rotation is easy to learn i only started in Cata as ele so cant really say how it differed in wrath but can be a bit boring sometimes when your just spamming Lightning Bolt
Better art work for Fire Elemental, with a name like that why have it as just a ball of fire ? And getting rid of quake as our 31 talent point its so bad besides the interupt which i find a good mechanic but it just does so little damage
Earthquake
42 Troll Shaman
I'm relatively new to shamanism, but i intend to make this my main and hope to make it the best it can be.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both but mainly PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totems are hassle to put down and keep track of. I would like to see the strength of totems better ingrained into the character.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Mix of melee, ranged, spells, healing. Shamans are very versatile and fun.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Seems weak for PvP when going up against melee. Totems hard to keep track of.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the abilities available but it does get monotonous, and the cooldown times for both casting and melee abilities seems long.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

More power engrained into the character instead of outside powers (totems, sheilds).

■What spells do you use the least?

Cleanse Spirit
Q: What type of content do you focus on?
A: PVE/PVP

Q: If PvE, what type of PvE?
A: Heroics/Raids/Dailies

Q: If PvP, what type of PvP?
A: Typically just random BGs

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
A: Totems: For the most part they feel like they work like they are supposed too, but on the downside they are an in combat aura that needs to be refreshed on any fight longer than a few minutes.
As Elemental, the refreshing of totems isn't that big of an issue due to being essentially never running out of mana in combat.
As Restoration, the refreshing of totems feels like more of a hindrance due excessive moving fights where totem radius is an issue. Having to try and manage totems on top of trying to keep others from dying tends to force more mana issues in the later states of encounters.

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
A: The one thing that keeps me coming back to the Shaman is the awesome casted ability animations.

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
A: Totems

Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: Restoration: The priority list used feels solid
Elemental: The priority system feels ok. That being said it does feel more like I'm playing Starcraft with a check list in the back of my head of what needs to be done.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
A: A way to tank. My first understanding of the Shaman class was that they were supposed to be the one class that could balance out Paladins. Saying that, they get Melee DPS, Protection, and Holy specs. Why couldn't Shamans get Range DPS, as they already have, rework the Enhancement tree to be a tanking tree as you already get weapon enchants for threat, and the Restoration spec. That being said, currently there are leather wearing tanks (Druids), and three Plate wearing tanks (Warriors/Paladins/Death Knights). Why does the tanking gap have to jump over the mail category.

Q: What spells do you use the least?
A: Elemental Spell book:
Bind Elemental: was useful for cc towards the beginning of the expansion, but as it sits now I never get to use it anymore.
Earthbind Totem: Since there aren't many cases in instances or raids where I am put in charge of taking care of adds, it feels more like a pvp only use spell. As for pvp I only even use it if I'm healing in WSG and trying to help our fc back across the map.
Earthquake: I usually take it within the Elemental tree just so I don't have to respec for heroic dungeons for when I can actually help out with ae pulls. Otherwise it doesn't bring much to the game in way of raiding currently.
Fire Elemental Totem: Yes it's a great pet you can summon once every ten minutes, but I never see any use of summoning him/her due to half the time the AI seems buggy.
Fire Nova: Had clunky mechanics at the beginning of Cataclysm, now only seems useful while moving since I'm never taking down multiple adds at once.
Frost Shock: In its current implementation, for Elemental Shamans it doesn't fit in at all for any build other than kiting someone in pvp till you can get some extra help.
Spiritwalker's Grace: Just feels clunky at this point in the game. It's nice for pvp when you are running away and healing yourself.
Stoneclaw Totem: No real use for it once you've reached level cap.
Magma Totem: Ranged DPS not actively ae'ing in raid encounters, with it's limited range makes it useless.
Frostbrand Weapon: Great for pvp implementation, but that's it.
Earth Elemental Totem: An almost useless totem once you've reached level cap. Very few situation where I've ever had to use it.
Elemental Resistance Totem: Mainly covered by other classes, or gets same benefit from different specs without it up.
Grounding Totem: pvp....arena pvp at that
Far Sight: Not really useful in any real mechanic for the game when you don't encounter world pvp as much. Slightly useful for some battlegrounds if you want to scout ahead and don't want to get damaged.
Primal Strike: Don't play enhancement to know if it's even worth using an ability that is white damage or not.
Rockbiter Weapon: Main reason I don't play enhancement. Tanking ability without any real viability in the game right now.
Windfury Weapon: Never play enhancement, but I know it's used by that spec.
Unleash Elements: In most cases it's a wasted spell to use unless you are moving and don't have any other instant cast abilities to use at the time.
Healing Surge: I view it as just a waste of mana.
Mana Spring Totem: A buff that's usually covered by another class.
Totem of Tranquil Mind: pvp
Tremor Totem: Once the base mechanic was changed I stopped using it all together.
I would have never taken a look at this class like this without seeing a survey such as this to make me think about how I really feel. That being said, overall the Shaman class itself feels solid in its current state.
94 Draenei Shaman
Both PvE and PvP.

Raiding

Arenas, BGs, moving into Rated BGs.

1. The brain-dead Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Searing Totem -
Due to the stupidity of the AI in these totems, it severely impacts on my DPS. The fact that in a fight like Ragnaros, it takes at least 10 seconds for the Fire elemental to even realise I'm attacking something and then to react is unacceptable. Most of the time you need to replace your fire totem 3-4 times before it even reacts to its surrounds, or in a fight like Alysrazor it just chases it on the ground instead of attacking the target you have put Flame Shock on.

Earth elemental does the smallest damage known to mankind and lasts a total of 3-5 hits against a normal 85 target.

2. Earthquake - What a pointless 31 point talent - its damage output is ridiculous against any other classes 31 talent and the fact that its cast now instead of channeled takes time away from DPS also. The fact that it suffered such a nerf as well is unbelievable too. You would expect a 31 point talent to pack a punch.

3. No defensive CD in elemental spec - makes it a lot harder for an elemental class to compete against others seeming as we take as much damage as a cloth class but without any mitigation.

4. The clunky totems - they bug a lot and placing them down constantly while on the move in raiding is a huge time taker.

The burst damage, and the choices of play - eg. resto, ranged or melee. The ability to use all three of these specs to a degree while playing one style - eg. being able to heal or cast at mobs whilst in enhancement spec.

The quality of life issues mentioned above. The fact that we were given a CC ability (Hex) to make us more competitive against other CC classes, but is pointless as it is on a 1 minute cooldown whereas mages and priests can CC without downtime.

Moving totems around constantly gets quite time consuming, as well as the fact that what made us unique (totem buffs) are now covered by every other class, mostly to a better degree than what the totems have.

Can get quite repetitive but good overall. I find however you run out of moves in enhance for a good 5-6 seconds on occasion which slows down the amount of burst you can do.

Do SOMETHING with Earthquake, or give us a decent 31 point talent that has a purpose and packs something more than throwing dirt at mobs, because thats all it really seems to do in comparison to other classes AoE abilities.

Totem system revamp - perhaps increase range, buffs, even a fear totem for PvP seeming as our 1 CC ability only lasts 3-7 seconds and cannot be used again for another minute (or 50sec if glyphed).

Give my fire totems brains!!

A comparison of the damage output of Fulmination against other classes "big punch talented" ability.

Earthquake, Sentry totem, Unleash Elements, Cleanse spirit.
90 Troll Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? None

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All

- Enhance Shaman is the weakest melee class currently and all we bring to the table is interrupts, Which all other shamans have as well.
- Our off healing is weak in comparison to other hybrid class's
- When dropping a totem it replaces the totem of similar variety from your 4 totems which can be dropped at once. So it would be nice if totems that disappear after under 45 secs the totem before it comes back rather than having to re drop that same totem. wasting a GCD and mana for other shaman class's.
For example: say you drop searing totem, strength of earth, healing stream and windfury totem with call of elements ability. Then as you play in that vicinity you need to drop your stoneclaw totem to gain the -16K dmg shield. Now you have to re-drop the strength of earth totem because it has been replaced. I propose that you allow totems under a certain time, say under 45 seconds, to reappear once those short lived totems wear off and disappear. (i Hope this was a clear explanation as it was difficult to articulate what i meant)

What makes playing your class more fun? Variety of skills for enhance shaman's to use keeping relatively no downtime between spells.

What makes playing your class less fun? Lack of defensive's, and survivability issues in arena.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Rotation is fine, lots of skills to use.

What spells do you use the least? as enhance the following: Flame shock, fire nova, Flame tongue totem, Primal strike (only a skills for lvling, almost pointless at 85).
85 Orc Shaman
Hopefully you guys get this! I'm an Elemental Shaman currently getting geared for raiding.

Heroics/Raids

Lack of single-target spells and DoTs. It would be nice to at least have one more Single-target spell.

Definitely the AoE we throw out. (Limited usually to 3 heavy creeps.) Thats when we do most damage.

The lack of DPS when fighting a boss or a single target due to only have 2 main spells that are mana efficient. (Chain lightning is not very Mana efficient but powerfull.)

Its too short? (lol.) definitely. My rotation on boss fights is only composed of 4 spells (plus the occasional earth shock.)

1 debuff spell that does no damage (Like Slow [Mages] or Faerie Fire [Druids]) Something to slow/reduce armor. Thunderstorm helps with keeping creeps away but usually in dungeons they forbid me from using it. lol.

Definitely Frostshock.. I don't even keep it in my UI but its very useful.. its just, it doesn't fit in my rotation.
90 Draenei Shaman
As an enhancement shaman, the one thing that I dislike the most is the use of spellcaster weapons as bis weapons. Currently the bis weapon for enhancement shaman in the mainhand IS a spellcaster weapon. I remember at the beginning of this expansion when the same problem was occurring but with the off-hand and flametongue damage, but it has now switched to the main-hand. Seriously... if you wanted to handle this problem just drop the weapon damage of the caster weapons... nobody needs the damage from the axes or maces who can use them. I dislike the concept of having to get caster gear for a melee hitter... it makes no sense that this would be better for me!!
its pretty simple really. I focus on PVP only. Sure I'm enjoying the new buffs which are great if we're able to free cast from behind the frontline but normally we get focussed down. especially in arena.

give us an 'oh !@#$' button. like cloak of shadows, antimagic shield, divine shield, dispersion, deterrance, shield wall (ok shield wall isn't that good at all but still its an 'oh %^-*' button), warlocks are missing one but they can port away, iceblock... I'm sure the list goes on.

shamans survivability in arenas is basically grounding totem then - "run away!!" and keep running. pretty hard with shadow step, death grip, charge, only paladins might have trouble catching up.

WE NEED SOMETHING TO AVOID DAMAGE and NO that silly stoneclaw glyph is not it. unless it that glyph gets a major buff. and perhaps a redesign

PvE

Raids

Having to cast water shield for resto. This could be corrected with a glyph or talent change.

I enjoy all the buffs we can give and all the different looking sets.

Dropping totems. Maybe have a relocate totem ability that could cost about 50% of the total cost to relocate them to current location.

Single target rotation is pretty good. However, I feel the aoe is still too complicated at times having to use earthquake, magma totem/fire elemental totem, fire nova, thunderstorm, and chain lightning. I think earthquake feels out of place and should be replaced with a different talent that can actually help with single target dps and not just aoe.

To replace the earthquake talent with a fire elemental totem talent that removes the 10 min cooldown. The totem would still need to be cast and wouldn't necessarily be a permanent pet. This in turn does single target and aoe damage without having to add new abilities to the rotation.

Due to the lack of tanks, there should be another class that can tank. Another wish would be to add a tank spec to our enhance spec. This would be very similar to druid feral spec by adding a few talents that will help tank. Back in vanilla, it was actually somewhat viable. We can make it so that while a shield is equipped, our mastery changes to a more tank-like mastery and give extra threat to all of our attacks. It would be similar to a druid shapeshifting from bear to cat and vice versa. Lava lash could maybe turn into lava bash, totems transfer all threat to the shaman, add extra armor through rockbiter, a talent, or a shield buff, and our agility would become dodge. I believe that this could help out with the lack of tanks without having to add a new class.

Unleashed elements and earthquake
90 Orc Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids primarily. I only do heroic instances if I'm gearing up a new character or if I didn't get enough Valor from raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Battlegrounds and some Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The AI of Searing/ Fire Elemental totem is vastly annoying and frustrating. And having to spend so many points to cap spell hit to 17% due to not having a passive spell hit modifier that is actually useful for Enhancement. Totems, our iconic class ability, can be completely negated by a single melee swing from any class or spec. Also, since all the buffs I can grant in a raid setting are covered by other classes, I often have no need to drop all four of my totems, and have gone entire raids just dropping Searing Totem.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having a lot of tools at my disposal at any given time.

What makes playing your class less fun? Seeing other classes given the same tools, but with better functionality and usefulness, while our abilities are left alone. Also in PvP, every single last melee class tears me apart, and I am almost completely incapable of killing a healer by myself.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I enjoy the playstyle of Enhancement, my primary spec. It's reactive and fun.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Better scaling for Elemental and Enhancement, a proper DPS cooldown for Enhancement, Earthquake removed/reworked to be worth casting for Elemental, having Maelstrom Weapon proc against absorb effects, Enhancement getting more survivability and damage in PvP, and Enhancement getting some sort of passive Spell hit % so that I don't have to spend 700+ extra stat points on capping spell hit.

What spells do you use the least? All of my buff totems, mostly because they are completely negated in a raid setting due to their effective range.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

*Mostly PvE, rarely PvP.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

*Heroics, Raids (some progression).

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

*Only casual BGs, not enough to really say.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

*Totems, totems, totems. The concept of totems is great from a role-playing standpoint. It is absolutely terrible for gameplay. Most totems last a short amount of time (5 minutes untalented), cost a large amount of mana to re-apply midway through a raid, and have a limited range. What do we get out? Over half of our totem effects are already covered by other classes (that have longer durations and no range requirement).

Solutions? Make Totemic Recall refund 100% of the mana cost of totems, make totems last much much longer, or give them a very large range (or some combination of the above). If there was possibly an option or skill to move any already placed totems to your current position (perhaps a 1 point talent that triggers the effect when you cast a spell?) I would be all over that.

*I do wish that the Earth Elemental Totem was more useful. The Fire Elemental Totem is great as it is, but I wish I could control what target it went after.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

*I love healing as a shaman. I feel like we have a lot of versatility as healers (good single target or multiple target options). I feel like elemental shaman gameplay in PvE has drastically improved with the addition of the cast-while-moving glyph for Lightning Bolt. It feels more dynamic. (I don't play enhance so I have no input for it.)

# What makes playing your class less fun?

*Totems (see above in the QoL section). Also talents... I feel pigeon-holed into my talent choices. For Elemental it seems like there's only one way to plot out your points in the Elemental tree if you're PvE specced.

*Mana Tide Totem. This ability has become absolutely useless in PvE as far as I'm concerned (compared to other mana restoring skills in other classes, MTT doesn't even begin to hold a candle). It was decent before the nerf when it was 400%, but now my mana doesn't even go up when used in combat.

*Fire Nova has never really been implemented successfully in any form to this date IMO. I feel like it'd be more effective if it functioned like Thunderstorm does (damage centered on the caster's position on a short cooldown) would be pretty fun. It would also make playing shamans more dynamic because position would be more important.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

*I'm okay with it. Elemental has more options and feels more dynamic. Resto has always been okay as far as I am concerned (with the exception of Mana Tide Totem's recent change).

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

*Fix Mana Tide Totem, or give shamans a useful method for restoring mana.
*Make totems more movable, durable, useful, or all of the above.
*More options for totems that aren't reproduced by other classes (particularly earth and fire totems).
*Make Fire Nova more useful (turn it into a spell similar to Thunderstorm, emanating from the caster).
*A Fire-based shield spell of some sort.
*At least one more Frost-based source of damage, just to round out the shaman's repertoire (maybe in the form of another Elemental totem).
*Elemental totems for Air and Water (kinda weird that we only have two elementals to summon).

# What spells do you use the least?

*Stoneclaw Totem, most totems that create buffs reproduced by other classes. Fire Nova (hard to fit into the rotation and make it useful in its current state, so I ignore it).
Edited by Grimmbald on 9/16/2011 2:09 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
pvp/pve

well i focus on all content for the PvE as i play restro and a elemental shaman

all the areas aswell

mana runs out to fast, in elemental dps is lower then it should be, lack of defensive spells yea we got thunderstorm but its useless against a boss. have to be focused on the totems more and shields

more spells for higher dps and better damaging attacks, longer lasting shields, more defensive attacks for elementals

the lower dps, and low rates of spells

the rotation is fine

tank spec, better spells, better mana control, better shields

not many spells used least
85 Dwarf Shaman
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Heroic Dungeons (Healing)
Old-world dungeons/raids (Healing)
I don't generally raid, as I don't like to commit to a schedule of raiding in a guild (so I stick to convenience guilds).

I feel obligated to drop one of each type of totem whenever I stop in a new location and don't like it when I'm unable to select a totem that would provide a useful benefit. For example, if a Mage is present in the group I feel like I have any useful totems to drop (as a healer); I am aware that it would make sense to drop a Searing Totem, but I generally don't feel that the damage benefit (which is quite small) outweighs the need I feel to make sure the totem is being useful (i.e. re-drop it if the target moves over 20 yards away from it).

Healing feels better when I improve my casting speed by casting riptide before a heal, so much so that I attempt to do it whenever possible. This leads to a bit of minor frustration when I'm in the situation where I need to cast the third unhasted heal before I can recast riptide.

Being able to drop active location-sensitive totems to alter the dynamics of an encounter slightly. Using earthbind to thwart some adds, tremor to counter fear and healing stream to reduce incoming elemental damage. I haven't found a good use for Spirit Link Totem in heroic dungeons yet, but I'm sure it'd be fun to use when bunched up in a raid as well.

Being able to provide an interrupt in dungeons when others aren't or don't seem to want to do so. On that note, being able to use Hex is also fun (oddly made more fun by not having any enhanced spell hit, which means I get an amusing mini-challenge when it breaks early and comes for me due to healing threat).

Earth shield, as I like being able to maintain a presence on the tank at all times. This is in contrast to how it feels to play whilst healing as the other healer classes (where I would feel obligated to keep a heal-over-time up, if availble).

Chain heal and chain lightning, as I just find it cool to be able to bounce healing or damage between enemies.

As mentioned earlier, feeling obligated to utilise all four totems simultaneously but being unable to select totems that would provide meaningful benefits that aren't already present in the group.

A lack of any healing effects that are beyond my control (by comparison, I've found that managing the use of Prayer of Mending is relatively amusing on a priest).

Healing doesn't really have one, though in terms of riptide before heals I don't like being unable to maintain the riptide hasted buff at all times but it's fun outside of that.

A reduction in the number of totems available to me (preferably eliminating buff totems entirely) in favour of providing a smaller number of active totems that produce useful effects - even if I were only able to use one at a time. Examples of the class of totem I prefer are Earthbind Totem, Fire Elemental Totem and Spirit Link Totem.

The ability to cast the base slow-cast efficient heal spell (Healing Wave) whilst moving would make movement more interesting to me; more interesting than being annoyed by the cooldowns on my instant-cast abilities when Spiritwalker's Grace is unavailable.

A method of utilising water shield charges in a similar manner to elemental, as I think it'd be fairly fun to try and build them up in order to unleash a more powerful heal. Doing this through the Unleash Elements ability for both restoration and elemental (for Fulmination) would give me an excuse to use it more often.

Frost Shock (I seldom use it)
Unleash Life (I find that when I want to use it to enhance greater healing wave I can't afford using a global cooldown on the small initial heal)
Totem of Tranquil Mind (I don't think I've ever used this - mana/healing seem more useful)
Elemental Resistance Totem (healing stream glyph makes it redundant)
Stoneclaw Totem (generally dies quite quickly to be useful)
Grounding Totem (I prefer not to have to re-drop an air buff totem after it is used up)
Edited by Brulath on 9/16/2011 2:45 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]