Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Shaman
Elemental Shaman POV
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
25 man raid

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
AI on our elementals, sometimes they attack, sometimes they don't it can be bothersome to be fighting a boss, look over across the room, and see my ele just standing there.

And more so, Totems, don't get me wrong here, I love my totems, and being resto i do get longer totems, but still, during a moving fight it is extremely rare that the full groups is getting the benefit of the totems. During a healing intensive fight i will let my totems expire just because i need to conserve the mana, on top of that, alot of the totems really dont do anything anymore considering the buffs was streamed-lined, in a 25 man raid there is a very high chance your totem will get overwritten due another classes buff that does the exact same thing. so even though your dropping 4 totems, it feels like im only really dropping 2 or 3 totems, but paying mana for 4 totems.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Chain Heal and healing raid works out well if the timeing is write and watching strings of crits go off and the raid staying full is very fun.

What makes playing your class less fun?
lack of more diverse healing spells/Cooldowns and fights that require intensive tanking healing, my heals are not fast compared to other classes, and on certain fights the tank dies mid cast. the lack of having more than one main healing CD makes me feel limited when compared to the other healing classes.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The healing spells i have work, but it feels a bunch of times i will overheal because i dont have any other heal that can fill the need at that moment.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
More raid/tank saving CD's abilites that can lower casting or cause instant casts on healing spells for damage intensive fights (like malestom weapon)

Better elementals.

complete overhaul of totems

What spells do you use the least?
Unleash Weapon
Ancestral Swiftness
Healing Surge

The Shaman class is tech working like bliss has said but compared to the other healing classes it does feel rather underpar. Granted the grass is always greener on the other side, but the class does need a couple things at least it feels like it to me, to make the resto be able to do the jobs as competent as the other classes can
85 Human Priest
What type of content do you focus on? Mainly PVP at this stage in the patch/game
If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena is my favorite but finding a partner is very very hard, i dont play battlegrounds because it is not balanced
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Totems, Their no longer useful and an outdated idea, the totem idea needs a revamp 5hp=lame stoneclaw is amazing, all totems should have this permanently
What makes playing your class more fun? Utility i am a support player at heart and shamans are the "support" class of wow
What makes playing your class less fun? Totems, interupts,silences,stuns. Rouges. I do not play wow anymore because rouge stunlocks are just overpowerd. a class that stuns you till death is like this

Rouge says: "HA CHEAPSHOT"
Shaman says: "AFK at GY getting drink"

Rift is that way to they recreated the subrouge but more stuns. Take this stupid class idea, and delete it. Stuns/Silences and lockouts so someone can die by the time you finish your rotation is not fun. Blizz you said pre cata that with inflated HP pools peopl wouldnt get 2-3 shot in pvp. THEY STILL DO

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Lack of spells, after playing other mmo's spamming lightning bolt is boring. Ele shamans needs to be revamped, we are not mages, but we play like arcane. Lightning bolt is the Herp Lavaburst is the Derp.
Sounds like arcane, BLASTx4 Missles repeat

What’s on your wish list for your class? None, i am not part of the dev team and my wishing this and that makes me upset and wastes my time. If the class is not for me i dont play it, like the game, 5 years of awsome times, nothings changed but me, iv lost my will to play wow. Raiding? stay out of fire, kill adds. Hard

85 Tauren Shaman
1) What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

2) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
After gearing up a little on Heroics, raids only.

3) If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
None

4) What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Np here.

5) What makes playing your class more fun?
Since I`m playing enhance shaman, the versatility my class has to offer while keeping my rotation since I can direct or aoe heal with a proc, and a lower CD to interupt spells. Those aspects makes me suited for jobs others cant compete with me.

6) What makes playing your class less fun?
Specially in FL and in 10man raiding, my buffs r not raid wide. I cant buff a flyer on Alysrazor or half the raid on Beth, not matter how good I can place my totens, not every1 will get a certain buff that the group is lacking and I`m there to help on that.

7) How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Elemental with the new Glyph got pretty nice, good amount of buttons, a proc and a DOT to take care of.

Enhance is more buttons than most classes (I like this part) but the top source of dmg is white-hits (this is kinda frustraiting). For AOE, pls, state for the community that we r not the man for the aoe job or fix our aoe. Its a complex, long term investment that most of the time is completly useless for a raid encounter (r we able to kill and clump of adds in a decent manner? No).

8) What’s on your wish list for your class?
A more complex healing mech, with some decent CDs raid wide or aoe wide.
A more rewarding aoe dmg rotation or a statement that the current state of our aoe is "working as intended"
Replace, rework, re-something Earthquake.

9) What spells do you use the least?
Grounding Totem counts? Cause I wish to use it on a raid, would be nice.
Healing Surge
Earthquake
Our "taunt" imbue, that I forget the name, why do we have that anyway?
85 Dwarf Shaman
I'll be speaking largely about Elemental Shaman as that is mostly what I play.

PvE

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Fire totems are stupid.
I understand there are design concerns to deal with because of the conflict between ghost wolves our fire totems. I also appreciate the recent ele dps bumps as well as the big bump the T12 2pc gives. However, given all that, it drives me crazy that I can't control my Fire Elemental, or have to re-drop totems after every pull or my Searing Totem will just chill.

My #1 joy with ele shaman lately is Glyph of Unleashed Lightning. I've become so used to it that it's starting to feel unnatural not to be able to cast and move on my other characters.
Aside from high mobility, I really enjoy the CC utility, as well as the useful raid heal even in ele. I also like that the rotation is high-speed without being nerve wrecking and not having to constantly track dots.

Fire totems logic.
Other than that I have no real complaints.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
For the most part I like our rotation though I wish Lightning Shield could stack to 12. Even with Glyph of Flame Shock I too often find myself in the situation where Flame Shock as < 5s left and I've just hit 7 stacks of Lightning Shield. By the time my shocks are back up I've been stuck at 9 stacks for a while.

Fire Elemental (or all dps fire totems) become pets.
Better burst AOE.

Unleash Elements. I never ever use it, except in the one rare instance where we had nothing better to taunt Spinners and I used it with Rockbiter. It'd be nice if this became and actual dps increase, but with Glyph of Unleashed Lightning it doesn't stand a chance.
Earthquake. It's neat but the coefficients, cool down, and high mana cost make it very situational.
Bind Elemental. Just because there's so few things that require it. I still like having the extra cc when it's needed though.
90 Orc Shaman
Both. I am raiding Heroics in Firelands and I run the #1 ranked rated BG on Horde on US-Shadowmoon

Arenas, Rated BGs. 2400 previous experience in Arena, check my achievement.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1) Fire Elemental in PvE standing around when Ragnaros submerges and re-emerges. Fire Elemental leashing on mobs, running back to totem, running back to mobs, incredible dps loss (On Ragnaros again, but also Majordomo, Shannox, Beth'ilac, etc)

2) I can be guarding Lumber Mill and a rogue can 1shot my Fire/Earth Ele Totem that's down -- that's such a huge counter to us. Can I purge their Cloak of Shadows? I don't understand why a totem can be countered so easily.

I LOVE Elemental. You guys did an EXCELLENT JOB on Elemental in Cataclysm. Glyphs to lightning bolt, shamanism buff, you made Lightning Shield fun with fulmination, you did an AMAZING job. Elemental is absolutely without a doubt -the- most fun it's ever been. There are just these small tweaks that need to be made. vvvv down there.

1) No defensive cooldowns in PvP. A 10k absorb on Stoneclaw hardly feels like anything, and 20% on Elementary Mastery is NOT cool to save for a defensive cooldown in Arenas. Astral Shift would be very nice to have, kinda like a spriest's dispersion.

Clean, feels nice, PLEASE do not change it. It's an amazing rotation, you guys did an excellent job on. A good elemental shaman will out dps a mediocre one any day of the week, and still be top 5 parsing in raids. That's how you know you guys did a great job balancing it.

1) A defensive cooldown for Arena/PvP/Batheroc Crystals

2) Remove Earthquake from 31-point talent. Put in Fire Elemental Totem (That makes it act like a pet) or a defensive cooldown. Those are really solid options you guys should look at.

3) Earthquake to be like Consecration, where it's not a channel. It's got severe mana issues, so we wouldn't spam it. As far as PvP goes, I honestly don't think Earthquake is going to make or break seeing an elemental shaman. Honestly. And if it does, you can just nerf the knockdown % or make a ICD on it. I mean, if I can be fireblasted by a mage in a duel and predictably be stunned on it, how come instant earthquake would be so bad? (I'm thinking like a shadowfury here)

Technically, Far Sight or Frostbrand Weapon or any other thing that isnt specific to my spec. But "theoretically", none, I am constantly using everything in the Elemental arsenal, for PvP or for PvE.

Like I said, great job on Elemental guys, keep up the work, I really feel like you've made the class the best it's ever been and I couldn't be happier.

TL;DR ----- Just one thing that we really *NEED* is severely in need of a defensive cooldown like spriest's dispersion, or deterrence, or something that doesn't make "EVERYONE FOCUS THE ELE SHAM" a common thing to yell in arena, rbg, battlegrounds, world pvp, anywhere. The thing we would *LOVE* is fire elemental as a pet/talent, earthquake removed as 31-point, and maybe a shadowfury-type effect to earthquake since it's channel time is kinda ridiculous to use in PvE when rolling flameshocks is way better aoe.

Thanks for reading!
85 Tauren Shaman

Pve

Heroics

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? .

-No threat reduction spell
-Lightning Shield/Water Shield being only a 10-Minute Buff
-Weapon Imbues not being Permanent or Stances.

-Big Crits. Awwww yeah.
-Running while casting Lightning Bolt is the greatest thing ever.

-Having to Reapply Flametongue all the time.
-Clunky

Ele is fun and very smooth. It's the only spec I play.

-Longer/Infinite Weapon Imbues
-Fire Elemental UI Increased
-Earthquake proccing from Fulmnination.
-Healer Water Elemental Totem
-Threat Reducer

Healing Surge.
90 Pandaren Shaman
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I play Restoration and Elemental in both PvE and PvP.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Ten man with some 25 mans in the mix. I have both a healing set and an elemental set, the spec I play just depends on what the current raid needs for the night.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BG's

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• I'm gonna go with the popular opinion right now, totems are extremely outdated. Fights last more than the five minutes which makes the mana an issue. Especially as resto, at five minutes into the fight, my mana cannot support a full reset of my totems. Water shield is only a minor issue, it is a pain on fights such as Beth to have to constantly reset it every 20s. And for specifics:

Elemental: Fire Elemental. Period. On some fights, even if it is a burn phase, I have to be careful on when I lay down something that is a huge chunk of my DPS in fear of messing up the fight. The AI is crappy and it just doesn't work. I think that making it a permanent pet and getting rid of LolzQuake on the 31-point is awesome. And one last thing, Unleash Element...not that great in PvE and its only meh in PvP.

Resto: Water shield is not a big issue. The totems however is a huge issue. Mana Tide totem and its range restriction is not that nice and I have to drop a new water totem after MT is done. And I was so excited with your implementation of Spirit Link until I saw the extreme handicap that range has to play on it. Firelands does not have many fights that support the stacking of DPS or anyone really. That severely limits one of the only CD's that us Resto Shamans have.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Elemental: I love our mastery. It makes me just have an evil grin on my face when I see bolts of lightning and lava flying out of my hands as my mastery procs over and over. I like not having to use Water shield and the implementation of Lightning Shield into the rotation. While not the best way to do it, I like the steps that have been made.

Resto: I love healing in Resto. I have three healers and another one on the way. Shaman is definitely tied for first place with the priest. I love Unleash Elements and Convection and just...Healing Rain is one of my favorite spells.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Totems and range restriction.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Telluric Currents is a lot of fun. Elemental is kinda meh. It goes back and forth. I think that our rotation depends too much on those procs in the rotation, between Fulmination and Lava Surge. DPS can range too much from that rotation's dependence upon procs.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Range issues on shaman AoE.
    Fire Ele Pet
    Possibly a Water Pet for healers.
    Totem overhaul.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Healing Surge-Cost vs Efficiency is not there.
    LolzQuake-Because it sucks
    Unleash Elements-Resto is rocks, Ele not so much

85 Troll Shaman
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE for the majority, PvP on weekends, 100% ELEMENTAL RAWR

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raids (10m)

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The new elemental Tier-12 2 piece bonus. Prior to Cata, our Fire Ele was not quite as big a part of our dps as it is now, and without this new 2 piece bonus, the RNG AI factors that anyone and everyone with a shaman knows about kill that portion of our dps. Now with this 2piece we get the opportunity every ~90s to replace a fire elemental that decided the flying proto drake on halfus was a good target to attack.

What makes playing your class more fun? I have become very fond of the instant lavaburst proc's from T12 4 piece. Being a turret for the last few years and making the adjustment in 4.2 for Unleashed Lightning glyph and now instant LvB's has been an extremely fun change of pace to raiding for me to be running in circles while doing my thing.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not having any major defensive cooldown in PvP. I have always enjoyed PvP, but tend not to play it on my shaman because he can get gibbed so easily, even with over 4k resilience. Granted we have a root, and knockback, coupled with a slow, but against any melee foe its almost pointless.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Single target rotation is basic and fun, although I still feel elemental is missing that true HARD hitting spell that most other classes enjoy. AoE rotation is still very clumsy/clunky, but moving in the right direction with recent changes to Fire Nova.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Get rid of Earthquake and replace it with an elemental 31 point talent that has a little more usage. Somehow maintain the T12 bonuses into the elemental spec permanently.

What spells do you use the least? Earthquake. Useless =( fun concept, but turned out gross
    Edited by Reshock on 9/12/2011 11:05 AM PDT
    100 Draenei Shaman
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics/Raids

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• My class mechanics make life very difficult. We don't have any huge issues with numbers in the best of situations, which would ordinarily be a cause for excitement, but I don't like that I and my fellow Restoration Shaman are so very dependent on the raid to position themselves properly and consistently to get the same performance level as Resto Druids, while both DPS specs have very clunky AoE mechanics that make it much simpler to just entirely ignore Fire Nova and just toss out CL/EQ every few seconds for incidental AoE.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I like how flexible Restoration Shaman are and I like all specs look very simple on the surface but have complicated underlying mechanics that separate the "okay" players from the "good" players.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Some of our clunky mechanics cut down on our quality of life, which means less fun. If those problems were addressed, however, I wouldn't have any major issues with the class and would enjoy it much more.

I also don't like that it seems like I have to work much harder than other classes to get the same level of performance because of the clunkiness of my class mechanics.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Shaman all have priority systems!

That said, the class priority systems are all working out very well. Restoration could be said to have room for improvement in its toolbox, but they're all functional and Ele/Enhance are working out very well. 10m for Restoration is the exception - our AoE spells are very restricted for the majority of encounters because players are required to be spread out and RL's rather that they're spread and take no damage than together to be healed up by that damage.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I would like the following list of problems to be fixed. Bolded problems = bigger issues that are directly leading to performance problems in raids now or will in the next raiding tier.

General
    Totem Mechanics (Why not Auras or buffs?)
    Stoneclaw Scaling
    UE weak cross-spec*
    Searing Totem Targeting
    Uncontrollable elementals
    AoE abilites clunky cross-spec***
    Lack of direct survival CD's (DR%)**** (Mostly PvP issue, problem on some raid encounters)
    Shock damages are weak compared to other spells
    Tranquil Mind Totem is a Water Totem instead of an Air Totem
    Shield charges

Resto
    Chain Heal bounce range, HR dependency**
    User-unfriendly Mastery (Put the effect's floor at 10/15/20% instead of 1 HP
    Weak mana regeneration*****
    TC mandatory for HM's because of weak regen, forced to use it, not fun
    UE is a performance loss to use over other spells
    WS Charges diminished from AoE damage
    AoE abilities do not scale well down to 10M

Enhancement
    Scaling issues because stats out of balance with each other
    SP Weapon viability due to ability design - very confusing for non-theorycrafters
    Wolves are the worst 3M DPS cooldown.*****
    Earth Shock is very, very weak

Elemental
    Survivability CD tied into EM****
    PvP Mana Issues
    UE is a performance loss to use over other spells

Continued: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123369471?page=9#174

• What spells do you use the least?

• Unleash Elements, Rockbiter Weapon, Mana Spring Totem, Tranquil Mind Totem, Primal Strike, Call of the Ancestor/Spirits.
    Edited by Secretgarden on 9/12/2011 11:17 AM PDT
    90 Troll Priest

PvE

Most 5's, raids when I can find them.

The visceral feeling of a lightning bolt whomping something in the face. Casting lightning bolt, then chain lightning while the lightning bolt flies through the air to it's target, then casting flameshock = 3 yellow numbers filling your screen one of which being a crit. And with it the feeling that in the terms of a caster you just did something on the equivelant of stabbing something in the back with a knife then twisting it.

The single target rotation is too simple when compared to a aff warlock or shadow priest. You say that doesn't matter? Well then tell that to the raid leader who has to choose between them.

Something to refresh flameshock, on a single target. Pet controls for our fire totems, elemental and searing. Something to make earthquake useful outside of prepping before an add spawns, it's a huge dps loss and needs to be buffed, it's still the best anti caster mob burn spell there is.

Earthquake
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both, but mostly PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids, fix PUG raids and drop rates for mail healer gear. I dont mind grinding for gear, but I seriously cant get a piece. Its always leather>cloth>plate>mail healer gear

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena, I have no problem in PvP except for arena. As soon as a rogue stuns me, im done. I know EVERY shaman has this prob too

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Absolutely can not take down a rogue. Spiritwalkers grace was a good addition, BUT I think the cd is a little too long, try shaving a minute off.

What makes playing your class more fun? I destroy and always am #1 in dmg in bgs, I like the healing improvements
    What makes playing your class less fun? When i get ganked, i cant be a hybrid anymore, healing gear never drops
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? I feel that if anyone knew how to play a sham or knew the rotation, that they could easily dispel lava burst since the rotation is repetitive and predictable. fire shock (keep ticking)>Lava burst (if up)> Earth Shock (7-9 stacks)>Unleash Elements (if up)>Lightning bolt (filler)
    What’s on your wish list for your class? Spirit Bird (show shams love and just give us a class mount) druids shouldn't get all three
    More stun breakers or nerf rogues so I can actually fight them
    Higher % drop rate for sham gear
    More offensive spells
    Shams no longer have a unique buff for raids/themselves, I want a buff that cant be covered by another class
    Totems need fixed, some are not used ever....

What spells do you use the least? Multiple totems, earthquake (only in bgs, rarely arena), frost shock.
    If you guys make shamans more playable and I won't get ganked and instantly drop. Ill resubscribe, until then I won't even think of starting back up.
    85 Draenei Shaman

Mostly PvE.

Heroics and raids. ^_^

None on my shaman since Wotlk other than Told Barad.

Totems! D: I wish once they're they'd give people the buff no matter how far away they are. It would start a 30minute wear off time once the totems despawn or the person leaves the instance. A mage for example can give intellect to the raid, and they'll still have the buff even if they leave the continent. People have to be fairly close to my totems for them to do the same thing.

I thing Shamans are one of the most fun healers and beautiful melee DPSers. Earth shield, chain heal, spirit link and healing rain are all unique and fun spells. And Enhancement has the greatest melee animations I've ever seen. Windfury, Lava Lash, Stormstrike....I wish all melee classes were that classy/flashy! Everyone else looks like they're flailing at the air.

Well shammies have a reputation that they are the worst class in Cata...so its mildly depressing just simply walking around. And the clunky way totems work.... But I still love this class!

Its perfectly fine. The AoE rotation of enhancement SUCKS though. Omg its like playing DDR on expert mode. And the worst part is everything is dead once you've finally finished setting up your AoE. I think it needs to be simplified a bit. Perhaps....chain lightning spreads Flame Shock? Then we can just spam Fire Nove and Chain Lightning over and over. :D It'd be sooo cool!

-Neutral totem. This totem would be the cooldown totem essentially. I dislike how you have to get rid of your buff totems to lay down Healing Tide Totem and the Elemental Totems. This 5th totem would offer a way to use these cooldowns without sacrificing a buff totem! It could be worn on our back....or placed in the center of the 4 totems. It could even be this large tall totem. Or it can just be a grey looking one. Whatever floats your boat!

-To stop being labeled by other players as a crappy class.

-Wolves...they need to be better. :(

-Spiritwalker's Grace...I wish for it to start counting down when you cast your next spell. Its really clunky to click on it and then start running and casting all at once. It'd be nicer if you could use it preemptively and then it'd start counting down when you begin to cast your next spell.

All the spells are PRETTY useful. Perhaps make Unleashed Elements a bit better for Ele though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading blizzard. I can't wait for the next patch. :)
    85 Goblin Shaman
    TG
    People pretty much covered all the major points already but just to voice my support:

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Elemental: Having to babysit a guardian (not even a pet) to do competitive dps. Huge AoE ramp up time.

Resto: Water Shield refreshing. Ridiculous range requirements to be effective.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Shoot lightning bolts...the Unleash Lightning glyph made Elemental playstyle a lot better and I applaud the change. Though that said it might be more interesting to have a more conscious choice during an encounter like hunter's Aspect of the Fox.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

See QoL issues.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Elemental: The shared shock cooldown is more of an annoyance than actually making the spec difficult to play. Removing it may also be part of the solution to the AoE issue. An execute mechanic may also make the spec more interesting.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Elemental: Permanent Fire Elemental as the 31pt talent instead lolquake as elemental damage is subpar without it. Fire Elemental gets a pet bar. For AoE either removing the shock cd or a mechanic to spread Flame Shock to multiple targets instead of waiting 5s(talented) to dot up each target. Considering that so many other classes have a no cd dot, it cannot be anything but some relic of the past... "Rotation"-wise ele seems fine at the moment. However maybe Chain Lightning can be worked into a single target "rotation" again as an execute mechanic or something as it just looks cool :S. A more minor concern is that shamans should get more benefit from Bloodlust than it currently is. Enhancement obviously have the most beef due to the nonexistent haste scaling. However elemental also doesn't benefit from BL as much as a lot of other classes do. An obvious way to fix that is to increase the cast time of Lava Burst etc but also increasing its damage per cast.

Resto: De-emphasize Healing Rain as a huge part of a shaman's healing as the range requirement of that is too obvious...or make it rain like tranquility (does it even make sense to call a puddle of water, "rain"?). Chain Heal is rather easily solved by buffing the range. The core issue is that resto needs better raid healing when range becomes an issue. Cooldown wise Spirit Link has the same range issues, however seeing how Druids are at the moment without any mitigation cooldowns, it isn't at the top of the complaints list. Anyway there is a huge imbalance between PVE and PVP resto. I don't think buffing HR and CH range will have a significant impact on PVP. However buffing Spirit Link range will certainly have an impact. Mana Tide also needs to be buffed for the casting shaman. Right now the mana you get from it is pitiful compared to other class's mana cds.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Elemental: Earthquake and if I am glyphed for Unleashed Lightning, Unleash Elements
    Resto: Probably Unleash Elements.
    Edited by Jinto on 9/12/2011 11:30 AM PDT
    100 Draenei Shaman
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123369471?page=9#169

Elaboration or immediate suggestions for starred items:

* - Add a pet bar like for other temporary pets - IE, Paladin pet, Shadowfiend, etc.

** - Unleash Elements needs to be redesigned for everyone. It's a performance loss to use in the standard priority system for Ele and Resto and it's nothing more than a button to push while mobile, if used at all.

*** - I would like to see our AoE mechanics for all three specs to be redesigned to flow well together and to not have such reliance on positioning for Restoration (which other healers aren't at the mercy of) while Ele/Enhance have the ramp-up time for their AoE cut down substantially or eliminated (most other specs don't have a lengthy AoE ramp-up time and many of those don't have any at all). Yes, we want to keep up with the Jonses. We shouldn't be punished because our AoE takes more work, but we are and it's unfair.

**** - The only spec with an actual survival CD is Enhancement - Elemental Mastery does not count, as that is a DPS cooldown with an incidental damage reduction component that has to be glyphed on. Using EM as a DPS cooldown is one surefire way to the raiding bench because your DPS will nose-dive if you use EM incorrectly. A very simple way to go about it is to make Shamanistic Rage baselike at level 70 and remove the free spell component that already doesn't even matter for Enhancement.

***** - Restoration could also use an improvement to its mana regeneration model with a change to MTT to revert the personal benefit to 400% while the group benefit remains the same. If that is insufficient then Resurgence can be tweaked with an increase to the mana return. Restoration currently has much weaker mana return compared to other classes.

****** - Feral Spirits is not a DPS cooldown when you can do more damage with a LL crit than the wolves do over its entire 45s duration. That is a utility cooldown. As Enhancement is lacking an execute ability/talent or a DPS cooldown, there's a gap to be filled in the burst department. The easiest solution can be combined with the above and put a real DPS cooldown into the tree in SR's place, which is up to the discretion of the design team on how to be designed.
    Edited by Secretgarden on 9/12/2011 11:07 AM PDT
    26 Night Elf Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic raid content

If PvP, what type of PvP? Not applicable

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Feel like I don't have enough utility in a 10 man healing environment. Most boss encounters require 2 healers -- compared to other healers I feel with have the most difficulty fulfilling the same responsibilities.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having three distinctly different talent trees/playstyles available to me.

What makes playing your class less fun? How the totems are pretty much the same for all talent specs. They should provide more bonuses kind of like how earthbind totem can "bind" enemies for elemental.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Haven't really tried elemental -- but as far as everything else goes it isn't too bad.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Something to make Water Shield not so spammable on fights like Beth'tilac. A lot more utility in regards to movement healing (Riptide and UE just doesn't cut it -- cooldown on Spiritwalker's Grace is far too long).

What spells do you use the least? Purge unfortunately; AOE damage spells.
    Edited by Aluciel on 9/12/2011 11:05 AM PDT
    85 Draenei Shaman
    PvE
    Heroics, and Raids
    N/A
    having to re-aply Earthliving Weapon, and Water Shields in resto spec when i'm trying to focus on healing etc, Can they just last forever lol?
    I heal like a monster, and Elemental feels very strong, however I never see many Elemental Shamans these days in raids.
    Running out of mana as Elemental, I mean I have TONS of spirt and i'm keeping my rotation, I shouldn't be going oom so fast.
    I enjoy them all.
    Can I reincarnate with a bit more health and mana?
    Any enhancement spells, one of the few specs I have played.
    90 Pandaren Shaman

Both, generally. PVE focus.

Hardmode 25man raiding.

RBG's.

I can parrot the water shield thing all day. The most frustrating thing is to choose between my main regen tool and keeping somebody alive. It would be infinitely better if we had a glyph to fix that.

Sacrificing buff totems for utility like MTT can get annoying at times too.

Completing encounters without having to pull my hair out. The entire style of shaman healing is insanely fun.

Having to work what feels like a BILLION times harder to throw up the numbers that other classes seem to put up with much ease.

Having to use Telluric Currents as a regen tool rather than a fun talent that lets me dps in my downtime.

I feel like the shaman "rotation" is good, but it could use some general buffs to efficiency, especially in the 10man universe. Half of the toolbox is cut out when you scale down to 10.

Selfish mana CD ala innervate, TC being addressed \ fixed. Same goes for Focused Insight.

Unleashed Elements.
    I focus on PvE
    I focus on Heroic content and pushing the game to the limits
    i dont pvp offten
    My biggest quality-of-life issues are, movement of totems ,placement of totems and the work of Aoe healing
    What makes playing your class more fun? I am a Ele/Resto shaman so i enjoy both parts of the class nothing like a 145k heal on a tank that is about to die. While in ele seeing 70k LvB's with 80k fulmanation crits is just so pretty.
    What makes playing your class less fun? Having to sit for comp issues, Why take a resto shaman on heroic rag when you can have a pally.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Elemental's rotation is awesome so smooth and streamline not like in wrath where is was the same thing every time, and the only difference between a crappy ele shaman and a good ele shaman was RNG
    What’s on your wish list for your class? Wish list? hmmmm, i would like to kill bosses with one hit. ok ill make a real comment. The power of shamans right now is good, we are a good spot on dps a middle of the pack on healing but i would like us to be viable for HMs
    I use SWG very little as for resto i can hit unleash weapon and riptide while on the move and if needed pop an instant GWH. For Elemental Unleash weapon is really just bad... to fix it i would Decrease base damage of it by 20%, While giving its new effect Your next Lava burst now deal 100% more damage. o i dont use frost shock much (you should make it do 1000% more damage to rag)
    90 Goblin Shaman
    I focus on PvE - heroic dungeons, raids.
    PvP -Since Cata I only spend time on world pvp or Tol Barad.

Quality of Life Issues: Totems seem stuck in an awkward halfway point between pets and a resource system, wherein their limitations seem arbitrary or even unnecessary at times. The plethora of totem choices also contributes to needing many more keybindings for a shaman than for many other classes. The ability to drop 4 totems at once is appreciated, but we do still need to keybind any totem that we might need to change out in the course of a fight (stoneclaw, earthbind, for example).

Fun: A large part of the appeal of shaman, to me, is buffing everyone around me, and having choices about which buffs we bring to the raid (totems) is interesting and fun, and encourages the coordination and communication that makes group PvE enjoyable. Having one DPS cooldown that is very good (elemental mastery) preserves the reward of knowing when to use it without causing the headache of having too many cooldowns to juggle and line up properly.

Less Fun: Totem placement, specifically range issues. Searing totem's range should match the range of my damaging abilities, as elemental. Currently, fire elemental's AI is erratic and not interesting - the choices it presents for an elemental shaman in tier 12 are: "Do I drop it now or wait because the boss is about to move and send fire ele on vacation? Am I near a pack of mobs that he may look at him funny such that he cannot resist pulling them? Am I near a cliff, sharp object or window he could use to end it all?" These choices are only interesting if you enjoy spending much time at training dummies or on forums reading information on the challenges of fire elemental AI. Spirit link totem's range is too small to be very useful. Earthbind and Stoneclaw sharing the same element sacrifices utility in very non-interesting ways. Earthbind's snare being able to miss when the player is hit capped is very frustrating and seems unnecessarily RNG in PvE. Babysitting water shield as resto isn't fun or interesting, it's just necessary to have on and punishing if it falls off.

Rotation: Elemental single target is straightforward and fun, and forgive me for being narrow-minded in speaking specifically about 4 pc t12 ele shaman, but I think we currently have too many abilities to use while moving. I currently make no choice if I have to move in a raid. I continue casting lightning bolt or throw an instant lava burst, or shock, just like in my static rotation, and shrug as I outpace the other casters on movement-heavy fights. I -love- Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, but when combined with 4 pc t12, it doesn't seem like shaman make the kind of choice the devs sought for when we move, like a fire mage using scorch or a warlock throwing a fel flame. I sacrifice no DPS, make no meaningful decision, and that makes it feel more like I've entered some kind of cheat code than like I've succeeded with skill. I understand that without 4 pc t12 it's not quite the same, so maybe this is a passing concern.

Wish List: Separate survivability and DPS cooldown would be very useful - reworking stoneclaw could solve that.
    Resto having a glyph for water shield, simillar to the current lightning shield glyph.
    The range on Spirit Link Totem needs to be increased, or dropping it needs to have a targeting circle.
    I think giving us an ability similar to trap launcher that is off the gcd and gives us a targeting circle when we drop our totem pen would be really helpful, and eliminate some of the range concerns that seem unnecessary.
    Fire elemental AI can be exceedingly frustrating, and I wouldn't mind it being more similar to a pet (at least for elemental), such that I can control it better, even if it still needed to leash to a totem.
    Making it more obvious that Earth Elemental isn't a DPS ability to be used on cooldown in 5 mans would be appreciated. I don't think its taunting mechanic is clear for new players, and on bosses with cleaves/breaths/things to move out of, this is extremely frustrating for dungeon groups.

Totem of the Tranquil Mind, Flametongue Totem, Frostbrand Weapon, Earthquake

Last of all, thank you to the devs for providing a constructive arena for feedback!
    I focus on PvE. I run dungeons often.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    I dislike having to recast searing totem often. The lack of decent AoE is also problematic. Magma totem isn't that great for hitting multiple targets and an eight yard radius for it is lame.

I just enjoy playing my shammy more than my other toons. Harnessing the power of the elements is cool and I like being able to heal myself when needed.

Not having effective AoE. I feel kind of useless when it comes to having to down multiple targets (like the eyes that are released by Occu'thar and the dragonhawks in Zul'Aman).

I like the system in place. I don't have any complaints about it.

It would be great if searing totem would have a longer duration. An AoE fix would be nice, so I don't feel so useless. I have to agree with the people who think the buff totems should cover 100 yards instead of just 40. Shouldn't have to use two talent points to increase that distance to 48. :/

Lava Burst. Can't think of any others at the moment.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]