Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
85 Undead Warlock
oh, sorry didnt see that we had to answer the questions:

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both. I find lock PvE the most enjoyable out of all classes. For PvP it is a little more tedius but still nets a fun factor.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics due to my timetables.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas/Bgs (althought I havn't gotten a chance to do arenas on this toon yet, but I have in the past.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
ISF, I think is a big problem and one of the reasons I stay away from destro.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Playing the underdog class, it makes it all the more fun to outdps/beat the "op" classes. :P

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Hitting 12-13 keybinds to do the same dps, if not less as someone who only hits 1-2.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like the affliction rotation, it reminds me alot of that of the mutilation rogue, it takes some time to setup, but after the setup it is rather easy to execute properly. Again, ISF is making me stay away from destruction.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Fix the damage coefficients for destro. CB / SF hit like wet noodles.

■What spells do you use the least?
Eye of Kilrogg.
Edited by Donsinn on 9/12/2011 9:12 AM PDT
7 Tauren Shaman
fix the disappearing pet bar bug. (this affects all classes)

I liked when destro sacrificed pets. It got a bit annoying doing it after every wipe, so just come up with a more permanent solution
85 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Heroics, Raids, Dungeons, Farming, Running lower levels, Questing

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • Battlegrounds - Arenas are no good for me.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • My pet is annoying. I'd rather have a talent point to remove the pet (in Aff or Destro, NOT in Demo) and increase my damage by 25% (or whatever % the pets contribute).

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • Affliction - using Drain Soul feels better than spamming Shadowbolt.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Affliction - spamming Shadowbolt feels worse than using Drain Soul.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
      Affliction - It's in a great place play-wise, aside from needing to use Shadowbolt.
      Demology - This one is smoothe.
      Destro - lolwut: This spec is so convoluted it's hard to play as.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
      Affliction: The need to spam Shadowbolt is not a fun mechanic for this spec. I'd honestly rather use Drain Life due to how it feels like it meshes with the spec more. Reduce the healing gained from it to 25%, increase the damage of it 4x's.

For both Affliction and Destruction:
      I'd rather see the 31-point-talent be something that removes the ability to summon a Demon but instead increases the individual's damage output by 25% (or a balanced # to make up for the lost pet). Move Chaos Bolt up a few tiers in Destro to accommodate.

Demology: Demo is in a good place, but why is the execution Soul Fire so weak?

Shadowweave from the ghosts in Tol Barad: I'd rather spam that over Shadowbolt any day.

Searing Pain: either remove the threat mechanic or keep it in to use as a Heroic Strike filler for tanking.

Allow DemoLocks the chance to tank, split the tree to mimic Feral Druids so that we can DPS/Tank. (NOT RANGED TANKING, just using magic instead of Sword-n-Board).

Remove the actual summoned Soulstone and let us use the spell to SS someone.

For future Tiers, please more Warlocky type gear a la T1-T5, T13 (while neat) is too pastel-y to be considered Warlocky.

Summons: For each demon, I'd like to have a quest that let's you choose from a list which named demon you want to summon. Since the lore is all about controlling via the demon's true name, give us the choice in which demon we're summoning. I don't want to summon Larry the Imp when I'm really trying to get his brother, Bazlip the Imp.

Voidwalker: His taunt needs to be an actual taunt, poor blue feller can't hold agro for anything.

Fear: This CC needs the same treatment of EVERY OTHER CC, it needs to no longer agro, a longer duration, and it needs to innately not cause the target to run about -or- the running needs to mimic someone actually being fearful - The feared target needs to run FROM us, not randomly about.

ALL CLASSES: Water - this needs to be revamped. Make it a cast time and then over the course of 10 seconds it regens 10% MP every second.

All Classes: PvP & PvE needs separation! Have each ability do different damage to NPCs & to players.

Item Level: I'd like to see linearity in the game's item levels. The jump from Original to TBC was too much, same with TBC to WOTLK, then WOTLK to Cata. The numbers are getting atrociously HIGH.

What spells do you use the least?
      Eye of Kilrogg
      Searing Pain
      Hellfire (even though it's now fun as Demo)
      Shoot Wand
      Incinerate
    Edited by Timelock on 9/12/2011 9:58 AM PDT
    85 Goblin Warlock
    PvE here player here, raider. I still greatly enjoy my warlock but if there was a "beef" to be had with it it's that Destro is pretty much useless atm. It's my favorite of the three specs but it just doesn't come close to the other two right now in single or aoe.
    Oh, and what the earlier poster said, maintaining imp Soul Fire with hard casts is highly irritating.
    90 Blood Elf Warlock

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of them

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Demon Soul should not work with the pet you are using at the moment, should be related to the spec

What makes playing your class more fun?

Being destruction warlock is really fun

What makes playing your class less fun?

Not being effective in Arenas, RBG

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Perfect rotation, do not change this please

Shadow Bolt should be benefited from Destruction Mastery

Chaos Bolt damage, it is really weak incinerate can do 40 to 55% more damage, CB needs to be buffed, it is a waste of 31 points

Voidwalker, Sacrifice, the Bubble only absorbs 9k it should scale to Warlock's Health

Immolate should not dispelled, or it should have some kind of protection

We should be able to cast Immolate while moving (it won't affect pve)(it will benefit warlocks in pvp)

Back-draft: Also we should be able to move and cast while back-draft is active

Searing Pain, remove this thing....
    85 Worgen Warlock

I play both, but my main focus is on PvE.

Mostly raiding with heroic progression.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My biggest quality of life issue is that while mounting, my pet will slow down for whatever reason and will usually end up despawning - this is also an issue on fights like Alysrazor where I can't help but go a long distance from my pet and it ends up despawning.

In both pve and pvp, I enjoy the 'lots of little numbers' aspect of the affliction spec, and being able to deal damage simultaneously to multiple targets. The more dots and drains shoved into that spec, the better. The old T7 Naxx rotation of 5 dots + haunt is the most fun I've ever had playing WoW, and having been cut back to only 3 dots isn't quite the same.

Not enough dots in affliction, too many dots in destruction. All 3 specs don't feel very separate: the dot spec doesn't use more dots, the pet spec doesn't use a different pet, and the nuke spec doesn't nuke much harder than the others.

Mechanics like shadow embrace don't really detract from the fun for me, especially since it keeps damage in check and is a good way to differentiate good and bad warlocks, but a mechanic like improved soul fire - where you have to stop and hard cast a slow nuke far too often - just doesn't feel right or fun, especially when it doesn't even hit that hard, and it doesn't 'build up' to anything exciting.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Demo seems ok, but affliction and destruction seem off.

I'd really like to see more dots for affliction with a change to the main nuke into drain life or drain soul, or some kind of proc to watch for that would make the next drain life or soul a better option than continual sbolt spam. I think even adding a single dot that is constrained to a single target would make it feel much more affliction-y without the multi-target damage getting out of hand.

Likewise, destruction is using too many dots. I'd really love to see the spec go back to being centered around its nukes - if any dots should be there, it should be like the old conflagrate, where casting nukes just leaves a dot as a side effect.

My wish list would be for siphon life to return as a dot and for immolate to make a comeback in the affliction rotation, as well as for corruption at least to be dropped from the destruction one.

Searing pain sees no use at all, ever. Curse of agony is also lacking in single target pve encounters.
    85 Human Warlock
    Both,do more raiding then PvP currently.

Heroic Raids.

Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Improved Soul Fire in general, Demon Soul going off pet instead of spec.

The control that goes along with playing a warlock. Debuff style of playing(for Affliction), Direct Damage(for Destruction).

Improved Soul Fire and mid-combat pet switching.Oh and Immolate dispelling.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I enjoy Afflictions rotation, somewhat enjoy Demonology's playstyle/rotation but despise the current Destruction rotation/playstyle. Used to be the opposite way around during WotLK, but with the simplification of affliction, and the complication of Destruction I have made a 360 turn on my opinions of the specs.

Shadow Embrace rolled into Haunt, Drain Life to become Afflictions filler, Demon Soul to become spec specific (not tied to demons), Destruction going back to direct damage instead of a weird mix of dot/pet/direct damage, Doomguard on a 5 minute CD with a 10 min Exhaustion debuff. Also Curse of Doom when Soul Swapped to apply Curse of Agony.

Enslave Demon
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Rain of Fire
    Summon Voidwalker
    Summon Succubus
    Curse of Weakness(PvE)
    Searing Pain
    Unending Breath
    Edited by Sytarrius on 9/13/2011 12:59 AM PDT
    90 Troll Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE; heroics and raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Pets have been going inactive when zoning into new instances/bg's lately.
    EDIT: Shadow Embrace is such a giant part of our dps. Make this a player buff instead of a target debuff.

The complexity of our rotation.

Very long ramp-up time, but i guess that's the price you pay for going affliction.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    For the most part it's great. Everything seems to make sense, working off each other, feels smooth overall. My only issue remains with our filler being Shadow Bolt. I understand this point has been beaten to death since it was changed, but I REALLY miss having the Drain Life filler option. I'm not expecting this to be switched back. What i would like is a detailed, genuine explanation of why Shadow Bolt (a destro spell) is so much preferred over Drain Life (as affliction) by the game devs.

GREEN FIRE. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH GREEN FIRE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

Eye of Kilrogg is the hermit 3rd cousin twice removed of the warlock spellbook. Though it is an interesting concept i'd love to see some kind of tweak down the road to make this little guy actually useful.
    Edited by Based on 9/12/2011 9:34 AM PDT
    100 Gnome Warlock
    PvE mainly.

Raid
    Some BG's and Arenas, just for fun though not hardcore.

Soulfire, as destro I hate the living **** out of hardcasting Soulfire to keep ISF up. Needs to be changed.
    As Demo, I don't really like how our damage meters look like rollercoasters

I just love playing Warlock, so many different and unique abilites and complication in the class to get your spec down perfectly to max the numbers.

The work I have to put in to perfect my class is at least double if not more than a lot of the other classes have to do to max theirs.

Again, ISF and hardcasting Soulfire as destro. I like the affliction rotation, and Demo isn't bad either.

Not necessarily change ISF, but change the Empowered Imp talent. This is just rough thinking here. But change it to where instead of chancing a proc on the Imp's firebolt, make it to where every successful cast of the Imp's firebolt he gains a stack of (whatever you want to call it). Then once the stack reaches... lets say 7 or so, should be about the same time ISF is about to wear off, he procs an instant Soulfire for you.

Oh, and I WOULD LOVE Rain of Chaos.

Eye of Kilrogg, and Fel Flame
    Edited by Swampfoxx on 9/12/2011 9:32 AM PDT
    85 Orc Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I play both, but more PvE than anything.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Pet swapping (I raid demonology), being unable to use Doomguard every fight (though I understand what an issue it would be if it was a 5-minute cooldown and could be used twice).

What makes playing your class more fun? Knowing that I could step into a raid as any spec and do roughly the same amount of DPS (the people constantly complaining about Destro being too weak are doing it wrong.)

What makes playing your class less fun? Knowing that Master Summoner is a DPS increase talent instead of a quality-of-life one. I like working it in, but it's not cool having to hard-cast out a Felguard for DS and felstorm, then soulburning out a Felhunter because Felguard's sustained single-target damage is weak.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I enjoy all three warlock spec rotations (played all three almost dead equally in FL). All are engaging and take a good mind for positioning and well-timed movement. My personal favorite of the three (that I would play full-time, given a 25 man raid spot where buffs are no issue) is Destruction, timing ISF refreshes relative to flight timer, actually using all my soulburns to maximize dps (where affliction, they're virtually unused and Demo uses them for felhunters.), actually having to keep track of all three of my dots instead of getting an easy refresh on one, using a pet that isn't a damned melee. It's an art, and though I expect to see a lot of people crying against this, I don't think it should be changed.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Full-time Demonology Felguard. The single-target damage is currently terrible, he's the passive for Demo so people who don't research don't know he's suboptimal (and though I research plenty, I understand there are people who can't afford the time or don't care enough, and why should they suffer so in a game?).
    Also, Chaos Bolt being good would be nice. It's the laughingstock of the 31-point talents (beaten out only by Earthquake, but I've come to the conclusion that Shaman are some kind of sick joke). It's really sad that after a certain gear point, you skip it almost entirely except to fill little gaps between your last charge of backdraft and conflag coming off of cooldown.

What spells do you use the least? Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath, Enslave Demon, Searing Pain (it's worth nothing more than baiting interrupts)
    Edited by Plockadots on 9/12/2011 9:39 AM PDT
    85 Undead Warlock
    Both

Heroics and Raids

Battlegrounds

Honestly, I'd love to have Eye of Kilrogg actually fly by default, instead of requiring a glyph, but that's nit-picky. Also, less orange fire and more green.

I love the overall feel of an Affliction Warlock. I love the self-healing, I love the slow but steady death and destruction, and I like the flavor of each and every ability used by Affliction. Seed of Corruption, Haunt (ESPECIALLY. I couldn't tell you why, but this is my personal favorite), Unstable Affliction, the whole gamut.

I'm less a fan of Destruction as a whole. It's has a unique feeling to it, in comparison to the other Warlock specs, but it feels like there's very little to differentiate it from a Fire mage (having played both). This may be your intent, but that's my gripe.

I love the Affliction Rotation. Takes some time to set, works wonders once it's going. I like the option of being either Shadow Bolt focused or Drain focused.

Green Fire (I understand the lore reasons of Warlocks having literally evolved from Mages and focusing on the chatoic element of Fire for their Destruction tree, but remember that they've resorted to consorting with Demons. They're already corrupted, why not take that a step further with Fel-type fire?), perhaps a flying demon mount, or Demons that "Evolve" with your level. You already have several Voidwalker models in-game, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have your Voidwalker stay as it is 'til... say, 50, then gain Shoulder Pads, then 80 and gain shoulder pads and a chest piece?

Eye of Kilrogg, Curse of Weakness
    85 Gnome Warlock
    Mainly pvp, But some pve also

Mainly heroics and dailies

Lots of BGs

Soul burn seems to have limited usability apart from pet swaps for affliction.

I too like the underdog as well.
    In pvp, I take my cc role fairly seriously although I can be a bit trying at times.
    Iit's nice to watch others die after fleeing, although the prevalence of self healing has seen this diminish.

So squishy
    Melee closers make it tough to stay alive.
    If you're jumped, you're often dead.

I like the affliction, haven't played much of the other 2. Warlock is a skill class.

Fix pet mechanic; the despawns are horribly painful.

Guardian cooldown moved to 5 minutes with debuff for both pvp and pve.

Portal-Sure would be nice to have an instant drop port that was, perhaps, a bit less visible and similar range as blink than the current beacon (port is always within warrior charge and DK grab)

Not have to rely on 2 dots and fell flame for all pvp damage.

Perhaps a soulburn+shadowbolt effect that mimics arcane missiles or cuts cast time for 3 shots.

Tame-able demons would be fun.

Kilrogg
    Shadow Bolt in pvp because the cast time is so long.
    Edited by Grizzledizzl on 9/12/2011 9:53 AM PDT
    90 Orc Warlock

PvE

Heroics, Raids, grinding quests/rep for mount/pet/tabard etc. rewards

Pretty good right now, maybe increase drain life's healing in PvE or make metamorphosis permanent (maybe lose the damage increase but boost threat) so I can solo old raids :P ETA: Also I miss the old cooldown on soul swap, it felt really good at 10 sec for killing/farming mobs in PVE. A shorter cooldown on soulshatter would be nice for soloing old content, I creep up on my pet's threat very vast. Giving us some kind of infinite threat funnel to the pet like a hunter would be awesome.

I guess overall I'm looking for some way to make soloing old content easier, whether that means making my pet a better tank or making me a better (drain) tank. I want my transmog goodies without having to beg guildies.

Demons, ability to dot multiple targets and have many mobs die around me, never having to drink, overall demonic motif

Kind of squishy sometimes. I've gotten heck in PUGs for "not doing enough dps" on trash due to affliction's ramp-up time. The lack of burst is also a detriment on some raid/boss fights.

I'm happy with it for affliction, haven't played the others much recently. I switched from destro to afflic early in Cata because destro felt like it had too many buttons

- Warlock flying mount (demon dragon, flying demon horse, nightbane-like drake mount etc.),
    - greater variety in demon forms; maybe add 'outland' versions of demon summon (imp, armored voidwalker, thin voidwalker, lantern voidwalker, infernal, doomguard, maybe wrathbringer or shivarra as alternate felguards) like alternate polymorph spells,
    - arm my felguard with apolyon the soul render
    - adding more demon summons (e.g. immol'thar, beholder, pit lord)
    - male version of succubus would be cool,
    - ability to just pick demon names from a dropdown library
    - green fire
    - a lot of people are asking for a female metamorphosis form; personally I like the androgyny of the current form, and between the female worgen travesty and most of the current female demons in game I have to respectfully request that the current form remain and/or make a gendered form optional.
    - let draenei be warlocks-- if we have reformed highborne, we should be able to have reformed eredar.

- Enslave Demon (this used to be fun! I soloed the Altruis quests with an enslaved elite felguard)
    - Curse of Weakness
    - Searing Pain
    - Eye of Kilrogg
    - Curse of Tongues (whenever this is useful the mob is immune, otherwise it's not needed)
    - Hellfire (does too much personal damage)
    - Curse of Exhaustion
    - Fel Flame I never use for its apparent purpose (increasing duration of UA/immo) but as an instant cast ice lance-like spell to kill totems etc.
    - Demonic Empowerment (I forget I have this to be honest, aside from using the little voidwalker threat boost)
    - Shadowflame
    Edited by Anagnorisis on 9/12/2011 1:50 PM PDT
    85 Goblin Warlock
    PvE and PvP to some extent

Raids

BGs

They way DOTs work. It's awfull when you get good procs and cast an empowered dot only for it to be "refreshed" to a way worse dot after procs run their courses.

The ability to have some control over my damage by casting the (longer) dots when all the procs are up.

The way dots work. Having to delay a bunch of spells to not lose damage is simply to much to maintain high dps.

The rotation for the spec I usually play (affliction) is almost perfect. The execute phase seems way to boring.

I would really love to see dots following procs so bonuses like the 4pc T12 doesn't make all locks recast ALL their dots to actually see a benefit.

Fel Flame, Searing Pain.
    100 Human Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

What makes playing your class more fun? If have many abilities and buttons to press. It makes the game play feel unique and it does make the class feel a bit more challenging.

What makes playing your class less fun? Having no real burst damage in Demo or Affliction is probably the least fun part of my Warlock. As I play Demo in raids, it is difficult on some bosses, say Ragnaros phase transitions, to quickly get the health of the adds below 50%.

Decimation is good, but not all that good. Maybe an increase of damage on it would make it more comparable to other classes execute phases.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I enjoy my rotation very much. It requires me to press a bunch of my buttons and keep up my dots. It may be challenging for some players, but I think it is fun and works!

What’s on your wish list for your class? Wish list.. hmm.. a few things...
    1. I wish we had an instant cast burst ability that can hit hard, but maybe on a longer cooldown.
    2. I wish while in demonology, you could spec into an extra talent to make Metamorphosis last forever, but lose it's damage increase, and allow you to tank as a warlock. Then, increase the threat generated by Searing Pain, add another ability to taunt, and we're good to go!
    3. I wish Hellfire and Soulshatter did not deal damage to yourself when you used them.
    4. I wish Enslave Demon was more viable and useful.
    5. I wish Demonic Empowerment would do more than what it currently does. None of the abilities actually seem they could be used in a real life scenario, except maybe the voidwalker part.
    6. I wish warlocks had a flying mount.
    7. I wish we had the ability to remodel our demons, or have more variety.

What spells do you use the least? Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Demonic Empowerment, Demon Armor

Thank you!
    Edited by Sasofrass on 9/12/2011 9:43 AM PDT
    85 Goblin Warlock
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I mostly PvE with some very casual PvP
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Casual arenas & bgs
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    For demo i dislike having our doomguard on a non resetable CD which only allows use once every 2 or 3 pulls on a boss. As for destro i dislike keeping up ISF through the hard cast.
    ■What makes playing your class more fun?
    I like the diversity and the uniqueness of certain mechanics like the pets or metamorphosis.
    ■What makes playing your class less fun?
    My favorite spec is destro however i have noticed that the effort needed to put out the same dps as for example demo or affliction isnt worth it
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I feel overall the rotation for demo is good exept switching demons to benefit from felgaurd demon soul and going back to felhunter due to higher dps, for destro the overall rotation is pretty good, i think hardcasting soul fire to keep up ISF is odd though.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I wish for destro dmg to be checked into, i feel the burst should be higher, in addition i would like the CD on doomguard to be revised and perhaps reset after a fight is over to allow use more often.
    ■What spells do you use the least?
    the spells i use the least are searing pain, eye of kilrog and the Rain of Fire
    85 Troll Warlock

PvE

Raids

BGs

Nothing really, I hate soul burning to get a good return on healthstone, considering we are a class with pretty low survival (especially in raids or arena, excluding affliction drain life) we die pretty easily :(

Metamorphasis, make it permanent like moonkin form and give demo a different CD.

Also, being able to play destruction without keeping imp soul fire up, its rather lame imo :)

Nothing, its the bestest :D

It actually takes skill and calculated thinking? For example, not wasting doomguard without having most of your awesome buffs up otherwise its a waste... having to keep an eye on your buffs/debuffs with doomguard use :D

Demo:

- constant metamorphesis
    - make felguard useful on single target dps
    - mabye get a talent to lower the cooldown on doomguard?
    - spam incinerate instead of shadowbolt

destruction:

- away with improved soul fire
    - Sacrifice pet like TBC
    - mabye to buff destro and make it competitive with aff/demo, gives us a talent to get some sort of buff like shadow form or meta?
    - I like pvping as destro and hate seeing immolate being dispelled, mabye make is like that affliction spell? (forgot its name I never play affliction)

affliction:

- Drain life needs a bit of a buff
    - nothing really, affliction is in a good spot :)

In |PVE| :

- Curse of Tongues/Weakness (mabye increase there duration through a glyph of some sort
    - Rain of Fire, but Hellfire is way more cool :)
    - Succubus and void walker
    - Soul Burn (affliction)

In |PVP|

- Demo spec
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]