What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids, grinding quests/rep for mount/pet/tabard etc. rewards
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pretty good right now, maybe increase drain life's healing in PvE or make metamorphosis permanent (maybe lose the damage increase but boost threat) so I can solo old raids :P ETA: Also I miss the old cooldown on soul swap, it felt really good at 10 sec for killing/farming mobs in PVE. A shorter cooldown on soulshatter would be nice for soloing old content, I creep up on my pet's threat very vast. Giving us some kind of infinite threat funnel to the pet like a hunter would be awesome.
I guess overall I'm looking for some way to make soloing old content easier, whether that means making my pet a better tank or making me a better (drain) tank. I want my transmog goodies without having to beg guildies.
What makes playing your class more fun?
Demons, ability to dot multiple targets and have many mobs die around me, never having to drink, overall demonic motif
What makes playing your class less fun?
Kind of squishy sometimes. I've gotten heck in PUGs for "not doing enough dps" on trash due to affliction's ramp-up time. The lack of burst is also a detriment on some raid/boss fights.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm happy with it for affliction, haven't played the others much recently. I switched from destro to afflic early in Cata because destro felt like it had too many buttons
What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Warlock flying mount (demon dragon, flying demon horse, nightbane-like drake mount etc.),
- greater variety in demon forms; maybe add 'outland' versions of demon summon (imp, armored voidwalker, thin voidwalker, lantern voidwalker, infernal, doomguard, maybe wrathbringer or shivarra as alternate felguards) like alternate polymorph spells,
- arm my felguard with apolyon the soul render
- adding more demon summons (e.g. immol'thar, beholder, pit lord)
- male version of succubus would be cool,
- ability to just pick demon names from a dropdown library
- green fire
- a lot of people are asking for a female metamorphosis form; personally I like the androgyny of the current form, and between the female worgen travesty and most of the current female demons in game I have to respectfully request that the current form remain and/or make a gendered form optional.
- let draenei be warlocks-- if we have reformed highborne, we should be able to have reformed eredar.
What spells do you use the least?
- Enslave Demon (this used to be fun! I soloed the Altruis quests with an enslaved elite felguard)
- Curse of Weakness
- Searing Pain
- Eye of Kilrogg
- Curse of Tongues (whenever this is useful the mob is immune, otherwise it's not needed)
- Hellfire (does too much personal damage)
- Curse of Exhaustion
- Fel Flame I never use for its apparent purpose (increasing duration of UA/immo) but as an instant cast ice lance-like spell to kill totems etc.
- Demonic Empowerment (I forget I have this to be honest, aside from using the little voidwalker threat boost)
Edited by Anagnorisis on 9/12/2011 1:50 PM PDT