Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
I just wish you could make Immolate undispellable or at least give it a protection like UA, if Immolate gets dispelled there goes ALL my damage and i feel like you guys force us to use Life Tap, it should be a choice.
Chaos bolt, our best attack as destruction lies dead in the sewers as it's damage is very poor.
Edited by Demential on 9/12/2011 12:56 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having to switch pets during a fight (Pet swapping) for Demon Soul (Demonology)
Soul Fire not included in the Impending Doom talent (Demonology)
Improved Soul Fire talent (Destruction)
Shadow Embrace talent (Affliction)
Guardians on a 10 minute cooldown.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The dark, evil look and feel we have.
The big bad demons we control and even turn into.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The many QoL issues.
Pet AI being very clunky and sometimes not functional.
Affliction and Destruction relying way more on minions than they should.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's fine for Demonology and Affliction, I wouldn't change a thing about those. As for Destruction, I'd change ISF as to not have to cast Soul Fire in the rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Being able to use the Felguard for any situation (single target, multi target, aoe).
Having a Levitate effect when we cast Metamorphosis (flap those wings baby!)
Have our t13 recolored to a dark blue/green/grey combination, as seen on these forums.

What spells do you use the least?

Unending Breath
Eye of Kilrogg
Health Funnel
Curse of Weakness
Searing Pain
Enslave Demon
(As a note, I wouldn't like to have any of these removed, only given more utility)
Edited by Lydecker on 9/12/2011 10:21 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
1) What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

2) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

All

3) If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

4) What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As much as I enjoyed Having Soul Shards (imaging myself putting a shard in my fingers, snaping and shattering it for Soulshatter) it is good i suppose

4) What makes playing your class more fun?
Everything

5)What makes playing your class less fun?

Locks Have NO Mana, we constantly run out and without Drain Mana our only Method of recharging is Life Tap which puts more pressure on Heals

6)How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Good

7) What’s on your wish list for your class?
a Flying-Warlock Mount

8) What spells do you use the least?

Seed of Currpotion,..but I'm Demo so Im alittle Bias
Edited by Kurotenshi on 9/12/2011 10:41 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock

-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

both

semi competitive raiding, i avoid pugging raids and heroics like the plague.

non rated bgs/low rated arena

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

still having to stack shadow embrace per target while shadow priests (our closest class by play style) had their "shadow weaving" removed and before it was removed was a "stacking on the priest" buff and generaly better designed then Shadow embrace.

-What makes playing your class more fun?

i always liked ranged dps and the darker magic and being able to attack multiple targets at once are a big thing for me.

-What makes playing your class less fun?

having a noticible chunk of my damage tied to a pet that can very easily die or even kill itself by standing in things (lava).

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

aff: i have no problems with the rotation except for our main nuke shadow bolt not being effected by our mastery at all.

demo: no problems with pve with pvp the spec is tied to extremely long cast time nukes to do effective dmg.

destro: improved soul fire is terrible, in my eyes its as bad as the lifetap glyph was back in wotlk. yes both increase damage and therefor were used but they're a complete pain to use. chaos bolt needs to have its damage ATLEAST doubled to be even reasonable.

-affliction has no burst whatsoever. yes were tough to kill with a dedicated healer but for casual pvp, perhaps change imp searing pain to: makes your searing pain do shadowflame damage and increse its dmg to be on par with mind spike and keep it in its current spot in the destro tree. this would give aff and demo a short cast medium/high dmg spamable nuke at the cost of not being able to take any of the defencive or utility talents in the demo tree that are required for high lvl pvp.

-demon soul should be tied to spec. the 3 primary pets (imp felhunter felguard) each have the best possible demonsoul for their supposed specs. those demon soul effects should be used nomatter which pet is used ie. if your specced affliction no matter which pet (except voidwalker ill get to this in a sec) you use you should always get the dot damage increase, same with destro and demo. as for the void walkers demonsoul should be changed to a no cooldown misdirect to the void walker like hunters get when misdirecting to their pets with the glyph. as for the succubus i dont know hers is worthless already...

-Doomguard scaling with demonology, this is blatantly broken. having 1 spec get a 1.5million dmg cooldown and the other 2 having a 250k dmg cooldown is insanely imbalanced. either buff its damage for aff/destro to somewhere imbetween 800k ish total, and make it not scale off of mastery for demo to nerf its damage to approximatly the same level. also the the 10minute cooldown is a HUGE pain not to have it up for every attempt. should be changed to a 3-5min cooldown with a 10 minute debuff like bloodlust.(QOL change)

executes
affliction: drain soul is ok id probably like a 3x multiplier insted of 2x on an executable target, the 4x was too much when it was hot fixed back in ulduar.
demo: soulfire should effect impending doom so we dont need to do decide wether its better to shoot for rng on a final meta form or spam soulfire, also Decimation should increse soulfires damage along with its haste.
destro: shadowburn is shadow damage in a fire damage tree? its pretty much worthless as is. maybe change it to shadowflame damage to work with talents and increse its damage.

eye of kilrogg, virtually useless its a novelty spell. you could grant it stealth and invisibility detection while its out, would make it a usefull flag defence tool.

soulburn. i do use it however its not very useful. this was the huge innovation for warlocks going into cata however its basically useless form a pve standpoint. i understand that balancing a 3x use 45 sec cooldown in a 4 min fight vs a 15 minute fight is basicly impossible and i assume thats why it has no major damage increase but the utility granted by it other then healthstone portal and instant pet summon are almost worthless. warlocks are also lacking an on demand immunity or damage reduction. soulburn banish target able on both the warlock or a chosen friendly target ( think iceblock but in the form of Hand of protection). this could even warrant a nerf to soul link to boomkin/spriest levels of passive mitigation (15%)
Edited by Vellektrå on 9/12/2011 10:36 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Affliction Warlock

What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena, Rated BG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
The recent changes to pets have cause me more grief than anything, having to constantly tell and re-tell my demon what to attack, especially after fearing a target, is easily my largest source of nerd stress at the moment.

I like shadow damage and I like dots, the ability to dot up multiple targets at once is fun, I also enjoy having a demon as a pet.

right now? feeling like my only real use is CC

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
pre Drain life nerf? loved it. post drain life nerf? Hate it, I rarely if ever have a chance to cast it in PvP and haven't stepped foot into an 85 PvE content since the nerf, it like Blizz said "you're doing it wrong!, play your class this way!" I'm an Affliction Warlock why is my primary spell in the destruction school?

I'd LOVE for drain life to regain its 25%, but other than that I'm pretty happy with my lock.

most destro spells for obvious reasons, except for fel flame, green fire ftw!
85 Human Warlock
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE mostly, but I like PvP.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• I'm in a progression Raid guild so we try to do as many hard mode raids as possible in a short raid week.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Improved Soul Fire is absolutely horrible. The buff is too short and hard to time when an instant Soul Fire doesn't proc.

Having to stand in melee range for maximum dps due to either Shadowflame or Immolation Aura.

Haunt and Shadow Embrace only on 1 target.

Pet swapping as Demo is not fun when you have to hard cast. See below

Warlock dps too dependent on Dark Intent.

Pets despawning on a fight like Al'Akir. Pets doing nothing like when you fly on Alysrazor or the trash before ragnaros.

Doomguard cool down is a little long when you are wiping during progression. I don't need to use it multiple times but maybe if it reset or something on death. It is a big part of warlock dps.

The healing of Drain Life and Fel Armor is horrible when questing.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love the different styles of each spec though as a pure most people only play the one that performs best. Demonic Port

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Having to play a lesser performing spec because of a specific buff. Pets not behaving properly or benefiting from encounter mechanics. Improved Soul Fire. Playing affliction as both the best pve and pvp spec.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Affliction: I generally like it except that the cast time on Drain Soul is utterly worthless. I rarely get more than 2 or 3 ticks in before I have to cast Haunt. I love shadow bolt so please don't listen to the people that like Drain Life. Soul Burn has basically no use.

Demonology: I like the concept of demo rotation but right now the best dps is to have the Felguard out for Demon Soul and swap to the Felhunter all other times. Also haste is not desirable as demonology which makes the pace of demo feel very slow. Demonic Empowerment does nothing for pve. Long term I would love to see Demo get its own filler nuke so it's not using shadowbolt and incinerate.

Destruction: I love the super fast pace feeling of destro but it is destroyed by Improved Soul Fire. When you have to hard cast SF you want to punch babies. Empowered Imp seems too random and is infuriating when you hard cast a SF to have an instant one proc during or right after. Im not saying we need an execute as destro but the spec needs to be better balanced if not. Using corruption just feels weird as a direct damage fire spec.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Fix Imp SF
    Fix pet usefulness on some encounters.
    Fix pet swapping as demo.
    Change Shadow Embrace and Haunt on multiple targets.
    Make Soul shards either go away or not useless.
    New filler nuke for demo.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Curse of Weakness
    Searing Pain
    Shadowburn
    Demon Armor
    Demonic Empowerment
    Enslave Demon
    Edited by Novyun on 9/12/2011 10:19 AM PDT
    100 Goblin Warlock
    pve

raids/heroic raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    disabling soul link is hard and would be nice on some fights.

Dots and lifetap, spells like demon port

lack of soulburns

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I like affliction's. I think it's really fun to have a rotation with no short cooldowns, just timing dots and fillers.

more soul burns please. it would be fun to have more situational ones. and maybe an expansion upon demon port.

demon armor
    100 Orc Warlock
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both. Love my lock for pve but losing interest in pvp with him due to the fact only one spec is worth anything and id like to be more than just a CC bot.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids mainly since i dont need valor or heroic gear.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Moslty just BGs as i dont really 3/5s for arena. just do 2s for points each week

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

soul harvest triggering procs. Guardians being on a 10min CD.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having to actually try to pull good dps (what fun is spamming 1 button... and getting beat still =P)

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Not being able to "tame" my own demon. Guardians being on a long cd. Not being able to take down a healer. My "dispel protection" not makign peopel want to not dispel (what good is 3 sec silence and a small bit of damage that a healer cna cast 1 instant cast to more than outheal when we have 0 burst). Having spells just taken away that have been around since vanilla ( as far as i know didnt start my lock till bc). Im sure i cna come up with plenty more.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

personally im fine with all 3 specs. ISF needs a longer duration imo but thats all

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Where to start.

Give us the ability to cast soemthign while moving. Seems all classes can cast somethign while moving now. Yes we have fel flame but come on.... hits for like 1-2k on people with res. (still dont know why hunters can cast pretty much everything while hoping around without gaining like a loss to hit chance while moving.)

Go back to the old pet stances. I hate the way pets behave now. My fel guard will be sititng there cleaving 4 mobs. When the one im dpsing dies he decides to run back to me instead of staying there attackign the other 3 he is in combat with.

I want to be able to pick my demon so to speak. Maybe put them into classes such as... imps and the floating eye things would be considered casters (maybe make the felhunter a caster also like the ones outside dark portal that have drain life). Wrath guards and fel guards would be melee. Te 4 armed demons and some satyrs could go either way as some have spells and some just melee. In turn make "empowered imp" into a talent that relies on caster type demons.

Give me back drain mana so i cna be worth something in 2s. making it casted instead of an instant channel would be fine. or maybe tie it into UA for affliction.

Give me back detect invis. God forbid we are able to see mages at the start of an arena match.

Fix my succubus so everyone cannot see her while she has invis up.

For demonology:
    Make the fel guard have 3 equipable weapons. Axe- stays as is Sword (maybe dual weild) would replace felstorm with a spell that would be like felstorm but do more damage to single target. Mace- some sort of pvp spell. This could fix the problem of having to swap demons just for DS. I personally like the idea of using mutliple demons and dont mind swapping. The spec is about demons, i feel we should have to swap for different things.

Do something about the guardians. atleast for this spec

Destro (my fav spec):
    Buff the damage some. Give ISF a longer duration.
    Get rid of searing pain and its talent. No one uses it. I more likely to hold threat if need be in my normal rotation over spamming this spell.

Affliction:
    Cannot think of anything other than maybe reducing SS cd.

■What spells do you use the least?

Searing pain, Searing pain, Searing pain.
    Edited by Gòóf on 9/12/2011 10:35 AM PDT
    100 Blood Elf Warlock
    since i couldnt fit it in my first post, felflame is also pretty useless. it should have the icelance effect on targets effected by shadow flame, this would give warlocks something to do when being trained by melee.
    90 Undead Warlock

PVE

25man normal and heroic raiding.

N/A

The limitations of the Soul Shard system, and only having 3 of them available for fights that often last as long as 10 min, with only 1 spec that can regen them during combat and even then it requires timing of the spell on a add.

Moving more damage back into the warlock from the pets in all 3 specs.

Bloat. Too many buttons to push in Demo. Destro having shadow damage spells in its tree and trying to understand the point of spells like Searing Pain in general.

Again I feel the issue is bloat. Warlocks have too many spells in general and its overwhelming for new players to understand what all of them mean. I think that Affliction in general has the tightest "rotation" where I feel like I'm constantly delivering a good stream of competitive damage. Demo has too much of its damage tied up in the Meta cool down, and it has a piss poor execute (in general the scaling of Soul Fire for the 2 specs that use it is terrible). As for Destro, expect to hear a lot about the Improved soul fire talent and the damage of Chaos Bolt. ISF breaks up an otherwise fast and fun rotation and plants you on your feet as well as eating up time to cast other more "fun" spells.

Affliction: Get rid of Soul Swap. It was put in the game to help handle the problem of target swapping and hard burning adds. It was never very good at it, but was instead used as a tool to Multi-DoT. Since being nerfed into the ground, its time to re-examine a way to address the original intent of the spell and giving Aff a short CD Burst ability not tied to the soul shard mechanic. Also Shadow Embrace needs help. There is already a lot of ramp up in affliction's damage. Shadow Embrace damage should be split between the base damage of the DoTs and the Haunt + Dot Damage effect.

Demo: Fix the Felguard. Either make the Demo mastery only affect the FG, or buff its single target damage, or both. Also it would be nice to see a buff in Demo's non-Meta damage and maybe a small nerf to spread the damage out more through out the spec. The Doomguard is also too much of our DPS. If this CD isnt available, the spec suffers significantly. Also need to have the concept of the Demo execute talents reworked.

Destro: Fix or remove ISF and buff Chaos Bolt damage. Move more damage into the direct spell damage and not the Imp and Immolate. Destro needs to be a fast spec to play and ISF drives that concept straight into a brick wall. Give the spec some dispell protection (or fix the dispell system in general) to give a heavy PVP flavored tree some real meat. Searing Pain and Shadow Burn can be safely removed from the game. They are of little or no use now.

All Three Specs: Replace Shadow Ward with Nether Ward completely, but make it a 1 min CD and slightly buff the absorb affect. Leave nether protection in Destro and make it bring the CD to 30 sec for just that spec.

Make dark intent a 1% increase in DoT damage that stacks 3 times but keep the 3% haste to the caster and fold the extra damage back into the base DoTs. This will help smooth out warlock damage and make us less reliant on having other DoT classes around just so we don't miss out on so much potential damage.

Searing Pain and Shadow Burn (starting to see a pattern?)
    Also some better minor glyphs could help out the non-combat/utility spells that see little use in game. Maybe a glyph of summoning that lowers the requirements for dropping a stone to 2 players?

General Note: Warlocks have a ton of potential to be very competitive in both PVE and PVP, but there is a significant learning curve to make that happen for entry level and first time warlock players. I'm not saying that you should make the warlock into easy mode, but some small changes and tweaks will go miles and miles towards making the class more enjoyable to play and more accessible for everyone.
    85 Undead Warlock
    I do PVE and rarely PVP.

I do raids and heroics.

When I do PVP, I do BGs only.

I'm so glad that I no longer have to farm soul shards. I can't think of anything else otherwise.

Popping meta, putting up Immolation Aura, and watching as everything dies is so satisfying :D I'm always having fun as a warlock.

Improved Soul Fire. I'm never touching destro again because of it. Also, pet swapping as Demonology is tedious and annoying. Why can't our felguard just be our one pet that we have to use?

As many other locks have said, I hate how we have to put forth more effort to reach the same DPS as all the other classes. I think the complexity of our rotations turns most people away from the class.

Aside from what I already mentioned, I wish that Fel Armor could go back to how it used to be. There was nothing wrong with it. Also, make Soulburn more exciting. And also, please buff Fel Flame, it hits for very little.

Curse of Tongues
    Curse of Weakness
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Voidwalker
    Searing Pain
    Edited by Meillquei on 9/12/2011 10:21 AM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Questing and 5mans

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? No more Soul Shards! Yay! The change giving us Soulfire at 20 helped alot, too.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like Procs. seeing Soulfire proc is great. Sad that it's such a low chance.

What makes playing your class less fun? Lack of instants. Warlocks get none. Even simple trash require the long cast time of starting with Immolate (I play Destro), before I can get to Conflag. it's a very slow class.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I want more in the way of instants. DoT's requiring ramp up time makes sense... But I'd love to see one spell I could grab that's instant cast, and perhaps spammable. Right now only dots and special (Conflags or Execute-phase) spells have instant casts, and it means alot of finger-waggling.

New skins for demons! There are so many demons around... Fire Imps, black imps, etc etc. VW models everywhere.... succubi might be tricky, but I would love to see some different styles of the core demons.

What spells do you use the least? Shadow bolt, once Incinerate hits the bar. Howl of Terror.

I focus mainly on PvE content, though I PvP a little bit on the side

Raids are the primary focus, while dungeons are run only to the valor cap or for new gear when they come out.

In PvP, I focus mostly on dueling and arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
    could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The nature of Soul Shards in Cataclysm is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing in that they no longer require farming or a separate bag, and activating one provides some fun cooldowns, but on the flipside, I feel like a Soulburn does not activate enhancements on enough spells. For instance, Demonology benefits very little from a Soulburn offensively (yay for one instant Soul Fire?). Also, Soul Harvest Triggering procs. Do away with that immediately.

Multi-Dotting/AoE is a freaking blast. I love watching numbers explode on my screen and seeing my dps jump up to 50k sustained.

Multi-Dotting/Stat Weight issues. Multi-Dotting for any spec besides Affliction is still messy, and requires too many globals, in my opinion. As far as stat weights go, it would make everyone's lives much easier if you buffed mastery to the point where it was right behind haste for both Destruction and Affliction, as that would make it easier to switch between specs for those of us that chose Demonology as our Main Spec.

Well, first off I'm disappointed in the use of the word rotation. Secondly, I think Demonology and Affliciton generally have pretty smooth rotations. Destruction needs a DoT refresh mechanic like Hand of Gul'Dan for Demonology and Haunt for Affliction. Maybe make Chaos Bolt or Conflagrate the refresh for Destruction? It's DoT mechanics are waaay too clunky right now.

Buff Felguard Single-target damage to be in-line with the Felhunter. There are a lot of fights with adds where it would be nice to have that AoE capability without switching demons mid-fight. Also, fix Destruction DoT mechanics. I mentioned it in the section above, but it really is an issue. Neither of the other two specs has to refresh their primary DoT (Corruption for Affliction and Immolate for Demonology) manually, which I believe puts Destruction at a severe disadvantage. Also, this might be a harder fix, but Improved Soul Fire is still a very tricky talent. If Destruction is a spec designed around that buff, you may want to consider increasing the proc chance on it from the Imp's attack. That way the damage won't be so spiky, or I won't Soulburn:Soul Fire, and then immediately get an Imp proc right afterwards.

For Affliction specifically: Bring back Drain Life! The spec description says that it's supposed to be all about "fears, dots, and drains" so why would I have to use a destruction spell as my main nuke, especially when Demonology already has claim to it? My suggestion is not to reverse the nerf, but to implement a glyph that increases the damage of Drain Life by 25 percent, but reduces the healing by 90%. That way it's not Over-powered for self-healing anymore, but still gives us good damage, and a very distinct flavor to Affliction.

Searing Pain
    Edited by Maccabeus on 9/12/2011 10:33 AM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Warlock

• 1) What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• 2) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 3) If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• 4) What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• 5) What makes playing your class more fun?

• 6) What makes playing your class less fun?

• 7) How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• 8) What’s on your wish list for your class?

• 9) What spells do you use the least?

1) I focus on PVE. PVP just fills time between raids to me

2) Raids. I hate the ZA/ZG heroics mostly because of it being troll based artwork/design and I think it's a pain to look at. I also hate the idea of repeated running heroics just to get VP. I kinda wish they would stop at giving gear and we could get more VP out of raids, or get rid of VP all together and get class specific loot bags instead of random loot tables. Like one bag per person per boss.

3) If I pvp it's for BGs. Personally I feel arenas are no skill, favor FOTM classes and combos, have too many multiboxers which kills the fun factor, etc. BGs just feel like war and have lot's more randomness which is nice.

4) The multiple Bugs with locks. Pets despawn with vehicles. Pets despawn when you go in the air on Aly in FL. Pet doesn't know who to attack on multidotting. Imp doesn't 'que' it's own spells so it requires you to know macros or go home. Pet doesn't move out of damage and dies from dumb things like standing in lava. I guess it's mostly all related to the pet, which wouldn't be so big of a deal if it wasn't a huge chunk of our dmg output.

Oh, and scaling issues are annoying too. the Void Walker used to have 2 taunts and be able to hold a mob. Now I pull off it after 1-2 spells unless Demon Soul is active. Why can't the VW hold mobs like a hunter's pet can? And beyond that the VW shield was good for 10K when I had 25K hp, not it's 10K when I have 125K hp, making it useless. As a result I don't know if my warlock even remembers how to summon my VW.

5) I have the most fun in Raids where I get to do special jobs. I get to do them mostly cause the team trusts that I can do them well, but being an odd duck is sort of the Lock MO. Tank Kelseth, fly on Aly, Brez the druid, etc. I honestly love the utility that we have and get to use while staying competitive in dps. Makes me wonder why Fear was nerfed to only be one target at a time in pve now. It used to be awesome to be the one to CC 6 adds while your dung group took them out. Now I just get to CC two at a time when I can use banish and Fear.

6) Less utility and poor mechanics and terrible AoE in my spec (as well as the QoL issues above) make it a lot less fun than in the past. No Drain mana, No multiple fear, balanced around multi-targeting (i.e. Soul Swap and Bane of Havoc), and that fact that my Rain of Fire is laughable when compared to every other Class while AoEing adds. Why is RoF so bad when something like mutli-shot hits so hard? Locks used to be known for AoE in any spec, but RoF is just bad now. It makes it look like I don't put out any effort on the trash mobs in FL and then ramp it up on the bosses.

This one is really important though. Soul Swap and Improved Soul Fire are the worst two things I have ever seen done to Warlocks. I get that the intentions were good, but the results are terrible. I had tons of fun dpsing in BC and Wrath, but in Cata I'm constantly checking for updates and hardcasting ISF or pressing SS is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I really wish those two things would be taken out asap and a simple bump to base dmg to compensate replace them. It would mean one less button to press too.

85 Human Warlock

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroic Raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Being limited to 3 Soul Shards per combat is annoying on certain fights (such as Heroic Ragnaros).

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Having more instant casts at my disposal for certain situations in PvP/PvE

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Having slow-responding abilities, such as pet move-to.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I think it's dumb that the Felhunter out damages the Felguard as Demonology.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I feel like Curse of Tongues is overpowered (including Necrotic Strike, Slow, and Mind Numbing Poison). I'd also like to get Devour Magic back to how it was in WOTLK and TBC for my felhunter.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Soul Fire. It's only used for the ISF talent as Destro, and only used as an execute for Demonology. Affliction doesn't use it at all. Even in PvP, it's mroe damage to Soul Burn a Drain Life rather than a Soul Fire.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    7) Except for casting ISF, I actually like my 'rotation' (destro). I feel very mobile, the hast eI have right now are very quick casts, I have some fun utility, and I feel immersed. It seems odd that Chaos Bolt only hits for as much as an incinerate would, but it doesn't really bother me to cast them both.

When I run AFF I feel terrible. It's mostly that the longer cast times and the channeling of the spells make me feel like I can't move, and I hate being restricted. I also hate the SS thing enough that I refuse to use it, so I perform better in destro. Call me bad if you want but I would rather have fun in my spec than try to get a few hundred more dps running a spec that feels bad.

I don't even bother with Demon. Never have liked it. If it was up to me the Meta button would be permanent and allow Demon Locks to tank like bear tanks. That seems a lot more fitting than having it been a cross between Aff/destro with large AoE on CD.

8) I probably went over a lot of my wishes, but in summary of them: Fix the pet bugs and improve the AI, lower pet dmg and higher personal dmg, more utility, Drop ISF and SS and balance our dmg around single target dmg and not multi-target dmg, Demon Tanking, 1 billion gold, better AoE from Rain of Fire, and personally I like 2H weapons so it would be nice to always have a staff with stats = to the MH/OH equivalent available in the same method. So if you did individual loot bags the token you get could be used on the MH/OH or the Staff with equal stats on them (accounting for the extra enchant on the OH).

9) Fel Flame. I'm actually kind of insulted by this spell. Our class clamored for green fire for years now, there are NPCs in game that cast green fire versions of our spells, and yet Blizz gives us a worthless spell that is not used in any rotation as really not even worth casting on the 4pc proc designed for it, and sells it as the answer to our green fire desires.

Enslave Demon i never use either. Nothing to be done with it except mess around in the world i guess.

Soul Swap, just hate it and think it's based on bad design.

Soulburn. I use it to do a quick ISF, but otherwise I don't use it. When I run in AFF I only use it to resummon a pet that is dead from poor AI. When Cata was announced Soulburn was supposed to be awesome, but it's really just terrible now. I would have actually preferred being allowed to keep 15 soul shards in my bag just for ISF. Course if ISF is removed then soul shards are completely worthless as well. Just one more thing that had more use in the past, but I don't really favor them being central to our dps in fights. Not unless they regen like mana, or holy power, or focus or something.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
    We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns.

Darn, :(

If Werst posts please read his posting very closely and openly. I support his ideas, and if you have an opening at Blizz you should snap him up to work on the Warlock class design.

Thank you and have a great Monday.
    90 Orc Warlock
    Pve
    Heroics/other
    ~

A: not any that i, myself, can think of.

A: always been a fan of sucking the souls out of players/mobs. and setting them ablaze, ofc. more of this (if possible)

A: being in cloth armor. even though we have armor spells to put up.

i rarely use the "optimal rotation" since im a "casual" player. but it seems good.

A: i would say some sort of demonic/fire spell that could put your enemy in a void or something for 3 or 4 seconds. and assorted demons (imps, felhunters, fel guard...etc) could damage them during those 3 or 4 seconds

A: eye of kilrog
    90 Human Warlock
    PVE

Raids

DI Restrictions on needing a heavy dot/hot using partner to play well is opressive
    Lack of cool non-combat spells (Teleports, levitate, astral recall as examples)
    Class mount has no advantages (ie, crusader aura/instant flight form) and no flying update.
    50% RNG on Siphon life - would prefer guaranteed health
    Incinerate is way too high level a spell for leveling warlocks who want to use destro.

Ability to drain health from enemies, and turn health into mana.
    Fel Flame is the best new ability warlocks have gotten since vanilla, I love this spell just as it is.

Dark Intent & Shadow Embrace - too much ramp up and dispell vulnerability on top of the inherent ramp up and dispell vulnerability of using dots as a primary damage mechanism.
    Too much of my dps comes from my pet for a spec that shouldn't be heavily pet focused

3 sec tick timer on Drain Soul feels very clunky and out of date
    I wish more of my damage came from corruption and less from other abilities as affliction - having at least 1 really strong instant dot with good secondary effects (Nightfall, eradication, siphon life) really helped for situations where mobs dont live long enough for stacking a full line of dots to be effective, and it ment I always had at least 1 dot worth using in all situations which helped me feel more dot-casterish and it's something I really miss from WOTLK
    As Destruction I dislike having to use corruption at all, and my nukes feel too weak
    Improved Soul Fire does not feel good at all in Destro rotations

Remove Dark Intent
    More self healing, less increased healing from others (Demon Armor)
    I'd like to see our pets heavily nuetered in damage and buffed in utility.... I want my various pet summons to feel like toolboxes I can use to adapt to situations, I dont want to feel like I need my felhunter to do 1/3rd of my dps and every other pet is off the table.
    Merge Curse of Tongues and Weakness - they have very little overlap and it feels like needlessly making me use 2 keybindings for 1 function
    Some way to use Demonic Portal without having a Demonic Circle down nearby
    Improve SOC damage or allow SOC to always spread corruption without using soulburn
    Turn Demo into a tanking spec (or allow it to serve both roles like Feral) - I think this game is going to be plagued by endless pure/hybrid issues until all the pures are hybridized, and I think this is the best fit for locks hybridization.

Summon Voidwalker - this pet needs love.
    Edited by Thanatosia on 9/12/2011 2:50 PM PDT
    85 Orc Warlock
    PVE

Raiding

Affliction:
    Shadow Embrace debuff on the target, would feel much better if it was a buff on the warlock instead.

In regards to the Destruction tree for PVE:
    Hard casting soul fire for the improved soul fire buff is still a major hurdle that feels forced, unintuitive. Soul fire spell travel time is also extremely long.

Demonology:
    In order for the spec to be competitive, pet swapping mid fight must occur, several times. This is an extremely unforgiving spec, in that one mistake = not competitive dps. I prefer the Wrath of the Lich King play style for demonology.

I like the demons and the concept that warlocks are working with dark magic to achieve great power. Transforming into a demon is also always a kick. Would be nice to have more of a variety of demons to choose from, asthetically (spelling) at least.

Not being able to stay a demon :)
    Certain mechanics in our spell priorities feel forced and underdeveloped, covered in the next section.

Affliction feels just about right as far as pve goes, however, the shadow embrace debuff should be a buff on the warlock, rather than a debuff on the target.
    Demonology:
    My biggest gripe with this spec is that it was much more fun to play in Wrath of the Lich King. Please make Demon Soul a Tree specific buff rather than a pet specific buff, and consider buffing the Fel Guard's single target DPS. Pet switching in mid fight is extremely punishing.

Also, please make impending doom proc from Soul Fire.

Destruction
    Too much damage comes from the imp, Soul Fire and the Improved Soul Fire mechanic feels forced for the sake of complexity, rather than for exciting gameplay. Please consider having Chaos Bolt trigger a similar buff, as well as increasing its damage. Chaos Bolt is extremely weak as a 31 pt talent.

More Diversity in our demons (same demons since vanilla)
      Added optional talents to the Demonology tree for Tanking! Would love to tank in a demon form that has high armor, damage mitigation and threat generation, while low damage output.
      More DMG on Chaos Bolt, ISF changed.
      Demonology refined a bit, made more like it was in Wrath of the Lich King.
      Longer or Permanent Demon Form, with adjustments to the damage while in demon form to compensate.
      Have Soul Fire Proc Impending Doom
      Shadow Embrace moved to a buff on the Warlock instead of a target debuff
      A Demon Flying Mount

Summon Voidwalker
    85 Human Warlock

PvE

Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

Pet AI, pathing, flying issues. As a warlock a good 25-35% of our dps comes from our pets depending on spec. However any encounter which involves flying results in a total loss of that damage. Phase 3 Al'Akir and flying on Alysrazor are the 2 examples from this expansion. I imagine that the next raid may contain flight and if so, please let our pets fly too.

I enjoy the relative challenge of affliction and destro specs. I feel as though especially affliction, though also destro pre 4.1 are challenging, but when played correctly produce very high dps.

After being able to move while casting on Alysrazor, standing still while casting is the least fun thing in the game for me. I would happily trade Curse of Exhaustion, Death Coil, and Fear to be able to move while casting.

I love both the destro and affliction rotations/priorities. Demo's 2min cooldown and higher pet reliance aren't my style but I think others enjoy them so I am glad they are an option for others. I do feel as though destro is too imp reliant which shows in both PvE and moreso PvP . Because of this destro no longer feels as bursty as it once did and now feels more like a steady fire damage class. I do like the Improved Soul Fire mechanic, though I would like Conflag, Chaos Bolt, and Soul Fire to do more damage in exchange for Corruption, Immolate, Bane of Doom, and Pagnip(my imp) doing less.

• A quality use for Soul Burn as Affliction
    • Chaos bolt to be worthwhile.
    • Casting while moving
    • Destro becoming a harder hitting but less consistent damage source (probably by de-emphasizing imp and immolate damage)
    • Dispel protection for immolate if it remains the key to ~50% of Destro's damage (Its own damage, Conflag, Improved damage for Incin/Chaos Bolt)

This is slightly hard to answer because each spec has its own spells, but across all specs I never use Searing Pain.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]