Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

85 Human Warlock
fix the disappearing pet bar bug. (this affects all classes)

Please!
90 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both, but I prefer PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics with the occasional raid.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Random BGs and Arena, I have yet to try Rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I only have one quality of life issue, and it is not a big one really. Say in arena where it is healer and DPS verses healer and DPS, and the fight turns out to be a long one, my problem is there is no simple way of getting shards back. There is always the drop out of combat and Soul Harvest, but that isn't available much.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I like that the class requires quite a bit of skill to play decently, both PvE and PvP wise, more so than most if not all of the other classes I have played, This is the main reason why Warlock is my favourite class to play at the moment. I also like the fact that we have many abilities and that almost all of them are useful in someway in the game.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The fact that the class requires more skill than most, IMO of course, mean that because so many people complain (Note: Looking through the Warlock forums in the past couple of years I have been playing, the most common thread I see is "Help my DPS is bad" or something along those lines.). And because so many people are having difficulty, the class is changed to be easier (Example: The ISF change at the beginning of Cataclysm).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The affliction rotation I like, however I would prefer Shadow Bolt to be changed out for Drain Life. In saying that though, it would make affliction become more like a Shadow Priest, with the DoTs and channeling. In that case, maybe change Shadow Bolt out for another spell (I saw someone say something about the Shadow spells that the ghosts in Tol Barad cast, and thought that would be good).

Demonology I have never really played so I can't comment on this.

Destruction. It is my favourite talent tree out of the three. The rotation for this is fine, I like how it is more complicated than Wrath, and so it is more enjoyable for me (I like challenges if that isn't obvious yet). One thing however, it seems like destruction has become more DoT based than Direct Damage based. That was the thing that I most enjoyed when I first went destro, the fact that I hit hard, and that no longer seems to be around. I would like that to change back if possible. Lastly, people talk about the ISF mechanic being bad, but I don't mind it, maybe could use a little work, but it's not bad.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Affliction: Maybe different spell than shadow bolt, but that's it.
Demonology: Not sure, haven't really played it.
Destruction: Make the abilities hit harder, Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire hit so weak now, in order to balance this, maybe take away some of the DoT damage.

Other: Like most warlocks, I'd like a Demon Flying Mount, that'd be awesome.
Oh and maybe some more green fire. =)

What spells do you use the least?

I use most of them, some not much because they are highly situational, but I supposed my LEAST used spells would be Eye of Kilrog and/or Enslave Demon.

If you read this, thank you for taking the time to see what my views for the class are, appreciate it.
85 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?

Mainly PvE with a little bit of arena/ BGs

Raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Biggest QoL issue I have is with the improved soul fire mechanic and soul fire’s damage in general. In destruction it feels rather clunky in such a fast paced spec and in demonology Soul fire makes for a rather lacklustre execute.

Demon Soul – As much as I like this ability having it tied into the pet we have out has certain repercussions (demonology hard casting felguard for their demon soul then swapping back to felhunter).

Searing Pain and Improved searing pain – with warlock ranged tanking pretty much non-existent in cataclysm and our normal spells causing about the same amount of threat i feel these are rather obsolete and need to be replaced/ redesigned.

Demonology’s Execute while I like the idea of using soul fire for an execute spell it’s just not as exciting as it used to be it’s damage is comparable to shadow bolt and it has a shorter cast time but it is still rather lacking.

Having played my lock for a while now and been through the ups and downs the class experienced I enjoy being able to raid in multiple specs that all bring their own unique buffs and utility as well as an interesting play style.

Destruction’s soul fire mechanic, Shadow’s Embrace’s slow refresh after haunt/ shadow bolt.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Affliction (no complaints, Demonology love the play style i feel molten core’s proc rate is pretty low and it’s execute needs work, Destruction – once again like the play style but the improved soul fire mechanic feels so clunky in such a fast paced spec.

I would like to see demon soul spec based instead of pet based similarly to the Guardian of ancient kings.

A little dispell protection for immolate to help both demo/ destro pvp, maybe a 3 second stun tied into backlash.

Searing pain/ improved searing pain redesigned maybe as a Mind spike-esque ability where damage is needed quickly and dots just don’t cut it.

For Molten Core to have a slightly higher proc chance and for Molten core to affect Soul fire.
Increased duration on improved soul fire would go a long way in making destruction a fun spec again.

i would love to see soul fire proc impending doom for demonology.

This is a big one but having shadow’s embrace only stack once for 15% dot damage would be nice too.

Eye of kilrog
Demonic Empowerment (never spec for it)
Searing pain
Edited by Leimagnuss on 9/13/2011 6:01 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Both

Heroics/pug raids every now and then

bg's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be
considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters

--------

one word. INFERNO

the amount of spells that occupy my spell book, possibly use a pull down menu like the demon menu for rituals? souls, summoning etc.

The affliction rotation requires alot of attention and planning along with a sense of good timing and generall awareness, its alot harder to tunnel vision with afflic than it is with destro. The rotation is very engaging and losing one second of haunt could mean the diffrence between the top of the meter and 4th again. Personally I like the challenge but I think more people look to demo because its more proc based and less complex as a whole

Please bring back mana drain.
Please
Please.

larger variety of demons, same abilities diffrent skins or upgraded versions to match the exotic aspect of hunter pets, i realize that beast mastery is all about big exotic pets but at the least Demo should be all about big powerfull demons that look the part more than an axewielding shrunken head guy (no offense felguard <3)

Unending breath
85 Worgen Druid
So, I just spent about an hour quoting and giving my feelings on everything, however when I hit the preview button, the screen flashed to the login prompt for a second, and then everything I had typed disappeared from the input box. Let's make my first suggestion / feedback fix the forum. You know you can include the text field in the html post value even if there's an error or login prompt, right?

Now, on with the show.

I'll just say the one part of it that I really wanted to share, and that's concerning armor models. Why isn't it someone's job to try on armor pieces so that we don't end up with helmet models with a foot of hair clipped through them (like mine) or female Draenei shields that clip halfway through shoulders, weapons that stick out of butts, or, the most irritating one for me, the mammoth mounts that suddenly become 5 feet longer when you start running. When it's standing still, it looks like an elephant, but as soon as you start to move, it transforms into a dachshund. I can't be the only person to notice this kinda stuff.

Shouldn't this be someone's job? Spend a couple hours ctrl-clicking on gear with the various races just to make sure head pieces aren't sporting a wig. It lowers my overall expectation of quality.

You can blame the forum error for the lack of class feedback. I'm not spending another hour quoting questions and re-writing it. Sorry!

PS. Tree. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
85 Human Warlock

Both, Fearing healers while killing dps is great lawls. And always being towards the top of dmg in raids is nice.

Raids, Heroics, Others

BG's

Demo locks should always have insta pet summons!

I'm versatile, Locks have AoE, Single Target, Surviability, and I can't run out of mana.

The fact that I use a billion buttons and clicking, and I can still be out dps'd by classes that use 1-3. I think thats why some people find warlocks unappealing, but I <3 Mine :D

It's a blast, it might be difficult, but I can't count how many times I find myself just blowing up a target dummy just becuase I enjoy my rotation. You have to stay focused that is for sure.

Soul Harvest should be nerfed and then allowed to be used in combat. Doomgaurd on a 5 minute CD. !!DARK INTENT!!Should stack on other warlocks, if mages can trade FM why can't locks trade DI. Also, Target Dummies with decreasing health pools so you could get more accurate dps checks from affliction and demo.

What spells do you use the least? The old Mind Control Demon thing you used to have to do with infernals and doomgaurds.

10 man normal raids

I haven't really pvp'd a day in my life.

As an affliction lock, I can't think of anything that would qualify as a "quality of life" change

I like being self sufficient to a degree. I like the idea of slow steady damage with the occasional little spike.

The ramp up time could use some work. Not being able to really do anything to adds has always been kind of annoying.

I love it. I like the fact that it is somewhat complex, but not so bad that i need two hands worth of keybinds to make it work. Though i do miss the old days of the 5 dot rotation. I think as the "dot spec" we should have at least 1 more dot.

More demons - I think it's time we learn how to summon some other stuff. Or even just change the looks of what we already have.

Fel Armor/Siphon Life - could heal for a bit more.

Shadow Embrace - Make it like the old Shadow Weaving, a buff on us rather than a debuff

Eye of Killrogg, Enslave Demon, Health Funnel, Searing Pain
Edited by Ellypsis on 9/13/2011 6:17 AM PDT
85 Human Warlock

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE mostly pvp died for me in TBC since resil made it that pve and pvp gear couldn't compete on level grounds,to that of T1-2 and FM-GM gear.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids and Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG if its a CTA weekend that give rep to justicar.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Destro I loved the immolate than BAM conflag crits back in vanilla since it was different. And who could not resist sinking thier teeth in to s DOT spamwich.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Casting summon and health stone portals and standing there like a tool having to yell for ppl to click than to have some one double click it and put it on cd for the time I'ved played on and off this has been the most reoccuring annoince. and with the G perk mass summons its basicly killed the skill.Would be nice to make it at least double click proof or maybe solo cast.The 5 man inferno and DG requirment was removed.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction's rotation is great but could use lil more direct damage focus to balance out that "burst" damge we lack luster,Fel Flame would be a nice canidate to be teeked to beeing a lil more beffy thru a talent rework or glyphing and to make it fair to other classes putting a cd other than gcd on it so the mages dont QQ over it but than again AB spam?

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Ever since flying mounts were intruduced I thought it would be just F'ing amzing to have a lock mount we can summon like the dreadsteed.That Summoning Quest chain was long and hard to do if you lack alot of gold farming the mats but that made it worth it putting the hard work into just like the "American way" hard work dedication and taking Pride in you work of true craftsmenship.With that said and this Being cata and i have a few alts i thought What is we had a dynamic mount skin where we buy one mount and it looks different due to your class,spec,race,and or faction. Add a long quest/lore grind in heroic instances.We would have Warroir Prot mounts covered in plate armor,lil shinny for the allaince lil grungy for the horde,even for DKs the skeleton gryphon for blood add a lil muscle and tissue on the wings.
Also having locks be able to talk in demonic cus cmon you know you wanna to devs.
■What spells do you use the least
Enslave demo is a waste now(would be nice to be able to perma enslave a demon like BM hunters and spriti beasts) Health funnel as aff is comparable to resummoning a pet.soulshatter with new and imo lame tank changes will be useless same with paladins hand of salvation,MD,TotT.Curse of weakness no point wasting a debuff slot and loosing 8% damage debuff if no unholy dk in raid if running 3 healers the damage we do verus the boss the overhealing meters wont be overflowing. Curse of tongues, only useful to have casted on self cus talking in demonic is a classic.Eye of kil'rog but with the new tanking changes who needs a hunter to fail an Md when you can body pull with an eye.
85 Gnome Warlock
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

both

heroics

bgs

after reading other post i edit this part. i understood the question better. Doing away with soul shards was a blessing. as well as demon soul insta summoning were improvment and i thank you

Complex rotation, and having a pet. and the idea behind what a warlock really is and how they are presented as a class. I also love how we our one of few with our own class mount. tho i do not know if your still have to do the quest they were really amazing and i enjoyed doing them.

The fact that as destro i put 3 dots without my other buttons in my rotation. i feel we should have a few more inst cast projectile spell over dot placement. i always felt affliction was our dot spec, demo was our bm. and we as destro were nukes.

Manageable i accept having to hit at least 6 buttons

Green flames (we our fel users).
Demon flying form or fling demon mount.
Demon skin's customs and naming them ourselves or list to pick from.
Buff our chaos bolt. I would like to just ditch bane of havoc(it always felt more of an affliction thing) and have a improved chaosbolt talent thier, or put choasbolt thier and give us a new end talent.(probably never happen but i can dream)
Buff sf so it hit for higher damage seem weak for a long cast.
i would also like another demon. i would be happy for a full time or even another guardian type
Immolate notbeing dispelled. Could add to soul burn to make it undispellable for it's duration. i really would like a better isf changed to something like what was suggested in a stackable buff that hit a number then proc's a instant sf

searing pain.
eyes of something or another
underwater breathing
ritual of summoning
Edited by Edpain on 9/13/2011 6:45 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Both, PvE more than PvP

All

Regular BGs every so often. More of a time killer since both my specs are PvE

Mana costs for aoe spells. I miss being able to see lots of explosions with seed of corruption. It's one of those things that made my class feel like he was sewing chaos into the enemy field.

Pets being forced to be resummoned in anything with a vehicle component ie. Magmaw chain riding.

soulburn not really feeling very useful. Across all specs I've used it for two things only. Instant pet revival if it dies and instant SF three times an encounter. For specs that don't use SF I feel like it's a wasted commodity.

My demons, I love that they have their own names since I give them personal nicknames depending on what their name really is. Bringing something to raids, DI and soulwell.

Since I actually raid in destro, it sometimes feels like I could just be afk and on /f during trash and it wouldn't matter since the ramp up time is so long and warlocks as a class don't have particularly good quick, bursty, spells to dispatch trash with.

We don't really have cooldowns. Beyond DS and big demons. not much.

The destro rotation is a pretty big mess. Once you get moving with it on a boss fight it's pretty enjoyable if you're able to execute it perfectly, but once something unravels it's a huge huge huge dps loss. Overall it's difficult to be able to provide that adjustment if something goes wrong in raid.

Also, as much as I love Shadowflame, it actually makes me want to be in melee sometimes since it's a fairly good dps increase.

More demons, actually, a demon overhaul. It always makes me sad that I'll never use Krakdock, my voidwalker, because he's just a useless pet. I'd also like to see more demons. Stayrs, Doomhounds, Eye monsters, among others. Perhaps pet talent trees to make it more of a cosmetic choice? Why do the hunters get all the love as a pet class?

The return of some warlock lore. Aren't we supposed to be creepy, secret bad guys? I'd love to be doing blood magic!

Mastery has never been a good stat to have. The Masteries are so bland and boring.

Improved soul fire should have a longer duration, should be done away with and made a passive bonus, or made a debuff on the target for simpler duration tracking. It's the only reason I have Powerauras installed.

Searing Pain, Summon: Void Walker, Fel Flame (lolwut?), shoot wand, demon armor
88 Blood Elf Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
I’m primarily PVE, and only dabble in PVP

If PVE, what specifically?
Mostly Heroic dungeons, with the occasional normal Raid

If PVP, what specifically?
Typically a random battleground or Arathi Basin

Quality of life issues?
I feel like some people don’t know what this question is asking. This is supposed to be something that makes it easier or more fun to play, not increase your pewpew. Anyways.
I feel like our summoning absolutely sucks now. I understand the abuse summoning people in a dungeon can cause, but we have absolutely nothing fun anymore. With guild summoning, what good are we? I’d like to see a summon for one person (like a reverse mage portal). And I want to be able to charge for it (“Jibthion has opened a gate for you in Dalaran and is requesting 20 gold to enter it. Proceed?”)
So many demon models. Lets get them seen more! We don’t need them all, but I’m tired of staring at my felguard.

What makes your class fun?
It takes a certain finesse to play a Warlock. I like that, a lot. I typically play the underdog roles, and I like that.
I like health stones. I like soul stones. I used to like our dps stones. I’d like to see more of these. I feel like theres a bit of design space that could be used here.

What makes your class suck?
It really sucks when you try your hardest and get good - great dps, when your older and better looking cousin hits 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1 and does the same dps. If this class is going to have this many buttons (and it really should), then it needs to do strictly better dps. A good Warlock =/= an ok mage. A good player should > an ok player any day, no matter what. That’s what you guys said, right? What I’m saying is that the ‘lock rotation doesn’t need less buttons, other derp classes need their stuff spread out into more buttons.
Such slow ramp time. I don’t even bother with trash sometimes. Can we get a spell that consumes our dots and deals some of the damage that would be dealt? Corruption, Immolate, AwesomeDotConsumer, Felflame, dead. NEXT!
Pet derp is derp.

How do you feel about your rotation?
I’m demo, and I feel like the rotation is great. Although, like a lot of people have said, this business of pet swapping mid fight is ridiculous. Pet swapping pre fight, fine, soul burning to get your pet that died back, fine.

Whats on your wishlist?
If a 4th spec is introduced into the game (hey, I can dream, can’t I?) I don’t ever, ever want to see a warlock tank. Ever. What I want to see is a warlock HEAL. I am primarily demo spec, and if it were to be watered down with tanking abilities, or completely changed into a tank spec, I would most likely never touch warlock again. A mage would be more believable at tanking, anyways, with magic shields and whatnot. Look at my thread here for a really long explanation of a Blood Warlock http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082080793
I’m demo, what spells don’t I use? That list is shorter... Is this in my rotation, or just ever? Enslave demon (should be reworked so we can get new skins!) I hardly ever use a shard unless I’m needing an instant for movement fights or if the pet bar bugs out and I need to resummon.
90 Goblin Warlock
I focus on pve, but do pvp

Mostly heroics, raiding when I can

BG's mostly

No longer needing to carry a load of soul shards

Being slightly more complex compared to other classes, having the dark and evil powers :)
And shadowflame, nuff said.

The only thing i would say (and it's very minor) is having no temporary movement speed increases

Good, i feel it's quite even yet still fun. Other destro's may complain about soul fire, but i dont mind it

increased teleport distance for demonic circle
Warlock flying mount would be fantastic

Eye of Kilrogg
Curse of tongues
Enslave demon
85 Worgen Warlock
Just spent 30 minutes answering all the questions in detail, only to hit preview and have it all disappear. Try number two with less detail.

PVE

raids, heroics

none

-doomguard/infernal cooldowns being 10 minutes.
-demonic teleport range is short for PVE, summon only lasts 6 minutes
-curse of the elements debuff only lasts 5 minutes
-healthstone only having 1 charge for the warlock
-soulshatter cooldown being 2 minutes
-shadow's embrace debuff
-improved soul fire makes destro clunky
-fear and banish durations in PVE

I think the fact that each spec is viable and they all play differently. Prevents me from getting bored :) oh, and meta form + levitate

nothing at all

Affliction: love it, only issue would be shadowbolt over drain life

Demonology: I find the large amount of spells, meta/demon soul/doomguard cooldowns, and pet swapping makes the spec slightly overwhelming when you are first beginning to learn demo. But overall I enjoy it very much, it's a nice change of pace from affliction. There's always something to keep an eye on and it requires split second decisions.

Destructon: I find the Improved Soul Fire mechanic to be very clunky. Having corruption in the rotation only adds another timer to watch on top of an already clustered spec. Combine that with heavy movement fights and you just make the spec frustrating.

-warlock flying mount of course ;)
-permanent meta form(even though I know it'll never happen)
-immolate dispel protection
-doomguard/infernal having 5 minute cd with a 10 minute debuff, like heroism
-Curse of the Elements duration increased
-Shadow's Embrace made into a self buff
-Improved Soul Fire duration increased to 30/45 seconds
-increased range on teleport for PVE, increased duration on summon
-reduce cooldown on Soulshatter
-healthstone having 3 charges for the warlock
-increased duration of fear and banish in PVE
-Improved Searing Pain replaced with something useful, maybe immolate dispel protection

-Eye of Kilrogg
-Enslave Demon
-Curse of Weakness
-Searing Pain
85 Human Warlock
Primarily PvE

Currently, just Raids(Firelands) and a few heroics to make Valor cap.

I would have to say the control of demons. It could use a lot more fine tuning.

Finding situations that I can use a series of spells I don't use very often, or where spells can be used for things I've never thought of using them for before. A good example of this is using the Demonic Circle teleport to avoid fall damage from popping magma traps on Ragnaros.

When it seems that I'm putting in much more work to do the same damage as other classes. Also when my class is treated more as a raid utility than it's purpose as a dps class.

As a demonology lock, I feel the current reliance on procs combined with the relatively short uptime of Corruption is annoying. I know there are addons to assist with timing, but I feel as though managing to keep corruption up often costs me some damage when I have to choose between putting it back on, using a fire proc, or casting Hand of Guldan, and can also be exceedingly distracting from environment and raid effects that need to be paid attention to.

Something like a talent or glyph that would cause Hand of Guldan to refresh other DoTs besides Immolate, or another of our core spells causing that effect under certain conditions. I honestly just would like another tool to help keep corruption up.

I would also like some sort of raid-wide buff. Dark Intent is very nice, and soulstones are great in a pinch, but it would be nice to have something I can do that helps everyone in the group, even if only for a short period of time, like a shout.

Fel Flame
    Curse of Exhaustion
    Soul Fire
    Rain of Fire
    Drain Soul
    Searing Flame
    Enslave Demon
Edited by Kayehn on 9/13/2011 6:31 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? - I have done both on this toon, but recently exclusively PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? - Mostly questing, some raiding two expansions ago
If PvP, what type of PvP? - BGs (This was two expansions ago)
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? - Two things. First off, I severely dislike the number of fire spells in the demonology tree. It should be about demons, not fire. Second off, I am still unhappy with the Metamorphosis talent. It was extremely cool in the WotLK beta, and then it was changed to just another wussy DPS cooldown, not much better than Arcane Power or a single-class heroism.
What makes playing your class more fun? - Instant shadow-bolts. I love them.
What makes playing your class less fun? - Casting fire spells. I can't say I have much of a rational reason to dislike them, but, other than immolation, I really despise them. I have a mage, I love my mage, but I don't want another one. Immolation is ok because it has always existed, but the new fire spells I really just can't accept. I honestly would really be happier with an affliction spec, but I love my felguard too much to do anything but demo.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? - I haven't been happy with my warlock's rotation since TBC, at least in part because I never accepted the version of Metamorphosis that went live
What’s on your wish list for your class? - Demonology spec that focuses on demons the way BM does on hunter pets. Possibly applies buffs to you when you're in Metamorphosis form. Maybe make it more permanent? (I can already hear the developers moaning about balance... you're welcome.) That could give the spec a cool "second-spec" feature, which would allow them to tank (which I always thought was a cool feature of the ability that was taken away). In any way, some sort of rework of Meta so that it's more than just a DPS CD. You're turning into a DEMON! It should be more!!
What spells do you use the least? - Any of the new fire spells. I never touch them.
35 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE]
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Other]
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-Soulburn. Either expand or change something...

-Sticking with the theme of a talent spec. (Bolts need to get out of the DoT/Drain spec...)

-Underwhelming leveling experience. (Feel underpowered. Have to wait forever for Incinerate.)
-Shadowbolt/Nightfall-More-Shadowbolt

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
-N/A

-"Green" Fel-Fire
-Siphon Life that is a DoT and/or not proc based
-Shadowbolt needs to die. Nobody wants it. (Maybe demo? But I don't play that "Hodge Podge" spec)
-Sacrifice to come back, and with new/interesting buffs.

-Enslave Demon (No reason, unless its part of a new system of enslave/sacrifice.)
90 Human Warlock

Both, lean more to PvE however.

Hardmode raiding.

BG's and arenas.

I want my green fire!
My biggest concern is the way the cooldown on warlock guardians work right now. when you're wiping for progression on bosses a flat ten minute CD can be a real pain in the hind quarters. There was a thread a while back that suggested a five minute CD with ten minute debuff, I can work with this.
The other major one is the pet bar glitch...it's not a huge deal, but at the same time it simply shouldn't be happening.
Another one is the pet stances...fix them. the assist one is terrible for raiding, the old defense one was fine. one option is giving the old defense one back andstill keeping assist for five mans and such, i'm not too bother with it there.

Honestly? DoTs. No idea why, I love them. And green fire.
The Demonology rotational (or priority as we call them these days.) flip flops are interesting as well, keeps you on your toes. Proper timing of Metamorphosis is fun to me as well..Again, not sure why.

Shadowflame. From a raiding perspective it's a pain in the rear. Pvp wise it's useful and such due to get a melee off you, I understand that.
Raiding wise, at least as a demo lock, both immolation aura and shadowflame can be as high as 17 to 18% of a warlocks dps (the spells themselves are around 16%, the extra 1% or so is from the way the felhunter scales with extra dots) according to my sim craft parses I've been looking at lately. That's wrong on so many levels.
Not only are they both AoE spells, but they also require melee range to be used...But I'm a ranged class. Combine this with a raiding environment that is overly unfriendly to melee...and you have a problem.
Mechanics like this on a fight such as hard mode Majordomo Staghelm, make me feel like more of a hindrance to my raid than a viable dps option.

I love it, with the sole exceptions of the previos few statements. Green fire would be nice.
Another problem for a demonology warlock is the execute phase...there is almost not difference between using soul fire and shadow bolt, with teh exception of the cast time...I feel like my "execute" should be more executy

Green fire!!! And more uses for soul burning/soul shards
Some intuitive way beyond drain soul for a demo lock to get shards back mid-combat would be nice, I've no ideas on that end however.

Eye of Killrogg.
Searing pain.
Water breathing.
Fel flame.
Seduction.
Drain mana...wait, scratch that.
Edited by Angina on 9/13/2011 7:08 AM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
PvE

Raids

Having to rely so heavily on pets

Being able to completely ignore a boss mechanic with a warlock ability to maximize my dps
Hellfiring to avoid a repair bill

Not having a doomguard up for an attempt
Not using soul shards because there’s a chance I COULD need one and not have it available
Soul fire not procing impending doom makes our sub-par execute feel that much more lacking

I like the state destro and afflic are in right now, both specs keep you involved and engaged. Demo on the other hand feels very clunky and stiff, hard summoning a felguard to get the demon soul and then swapping back to the felhunter just ruins any sort of fluidity for me

Green fire
The skull of Gul’dan had my favorite spell effect; I’d like to see that used on one of our abilities
Nether ward as a base ability
Void walker sacrifice is abysmal; I’d like to see the bubble get scaled with our current health pool

I think I’ve cast enslave demo four times in this entire expansion
Curse of Weakness
Searing Pain (It was an interesting filler briefly during 4.0.6 but that didn’t last long)

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]