■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PvE only
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - all content
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - none
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Recent Blizzard successes;
- elimination of soul shard farming
- increased bag space
- the dungeon journal for raids - helps focus the raid during the encounter without going to third party web sites (essentially the boss specifics)
- the dungeon journal loot tab
I'd like to see:
- customizable (by placement and design) cool down timers, procs and effect timers.
- option for more hot bars
- more bag space
- raid area icons (circle on the floor for places to stack)
■What makes playing your class more fun?
- the variety of spells, pets and abilities. I picked Warlock at launch because is was vastly different and still seems so.
- lots of pets
- transformation type skills (flashy effects)
- cool armor and procs and mounts
- planning out encounters / fights and gear choices. Ultimately I miss the elemental focus that WoW used to have - i. e gathering fire resist gear for specific fire based encounters.
■What makes playing your class less fun?
- changes on the development side - the class has alot going on and once you learn the technique, there are major changes and you start over. This makes the class frustrating to play after nerfs or even buffs.
- trying to understand the mechanics - if you macro a trinket (chalice) and meta, does it follow the order = does the snapshot affect the summoned guardian? - it seems to vary by time of day.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- I really like the complex side and perhaps that pushes newer players away but it makes the class challenging and far more enjoyable. (soul burn was a cool addition)
- I prefer the priority system as opposed to a set rotation
- affliciton is good
- demo is decent (felguard could use a buff - maybe a high damage single target mana intensive attack)
- destro is abit behind in damage and flexibility
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
- summoned demons (guardians - doomguard / infernal) on a 5 min CD. Its hard to practice on bosses and only provide significant dps every other attempt
- lock tanking spec (demo) - perhaps a talent / glyph combo / merge with VW - that increases armor but reduces damage, etc. (like the druid bear aspect) - face it, you need more tanks anyway
- specialty curses - i.e increase fire damage taken but reduces cold. This can help tailor raids / guilds that are lacking in an area or to focus on some aspect of a boss fight
- bring back VW taunt against raid bosses - solo'n old content was a nice feature but it has been significantly reduced by this nerf
- flying lock specific mount
■What spells do you use the least?
- searing pain (there's a spell and talent) - this should be eliminated or moved somewhere useful (like in a tanking spec)
- chaos bolt - its an interesting effect but sooo close to incinerate damage it is essentially skipped...and for a top skill