Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Immunizations from my spells. Haunt hits harder than Chaos Bolt.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Warlocks are well represented in PVP and I feel they are in a good spot, not too great, not weak at all unless you're Destruction.

What makes playing your class less fun?
I have to spec Affliction to be useful in PVP.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
lol

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Buff Destruction. You know how to do it, so just do it already. Might want to look at combining some of the curses. Metamorphasis is too long of a cooldown. Honestly, it needs to be pretty much like Beastial Wrath. You could LITERALLY knock the cooldown on Metamorphasis down to a reasonable and valuable area, and you would see more Demo locks PVPing.

What spells do you use the least?
Chaos Bolt.
Edited by Werdnaa on 9/13/2011 8:50 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock

Both, but main focus is PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

All PvE, need to do ZA/ZG over and over to cap my points.

Arena and BG.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I can't believe I am saying this... but give me back shards! As destro ISF is a pretty stupid thing to deal with as well.

I love having the amount of control that I do with my warlock, from the debuffs to the direct damage I love it all.

Improved Soul Fire and people thinking SoC is still as good as it used to be.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like where affliction currently stands... I can't stand how destro currently is, I feel like I am some weak attempt at a fire mage. I do not feel like a warlock at all while I am destro spec'ed.

Shadow Embrace rolled into Haunt, Drain Life to become Afflictions filler, Destruction going back to direct damage instead of a weird mix of dot/pet/direct damage, Doomguard on a 5 minute CD with a 10 min Exhaustion debuff and lastly... Green fire... make me feel different than a fire mage, and give me green fire!

Enslave Demon

Eye of Kilrogg

Rain of Fire

Summon Voidwalker

Summon Succubus

Curse of Weakness(PvE)

Searing Pain

Unending Breath
85 Gnome Priest
PVE exclusively

Raids and then Heroics when necessary for Valor cap

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
This sounds serious, not sure I have quality-of-life issues (my Warlock is my fun DPS alt that I never get to raid with though I wish I could)

Playing as Demonology, love the burst of Metamorphosis, coordinating cooldowns from use trinkets, pots, etc. and trying to get this lined up with boss vulnerable phases.

Swapping Demons during fight to get best use of Demon Soul isn't fun and feels like it shouldn't be necessary.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation feels great. A good mix of refreshing DoTs and debuffs, filler spam and procs (Molten Core, Decimation, etc.). Overall, the rotation is really fun and doesn't feel clunky.

If nothing else, change the cooldown for being able to summon Guardians. Even if it means decreasing their throughput or uptime, it'd just be nice to be able to consistently use them on every raidboss.

Eye of Killrogg across all spec, then other spells (Searing Pain, Rain of Fire, etc., b/c I'm principally Demo).
85 Worgen Warlock
DOOMGUARD / INFERNAL COOLDOWN IS WAY TOO LONG, IT MAKES US BEING ABLE TO USE IT ONLY ONCE EVERY 2 ATTEMPTS
85 Undead Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■none

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■ Everything in fantastic for demonology, but if you could change the DOOMGUARD cd to 5 minutes and maybe give it a death debuff, that would amasing. Since it would make my dps more steady.

What makes playing your class more fun?■difficult rotation, and high skill cap.

What makes playing your class less fun?■The fact not a lot of people play it, but im not sure if any changes could fix that.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■ Fantastic, please, please dont make it easier.

What’s on your wish list for your class?■ Doomguard timer to 5 minutes, with something like a death debuff so you can't use it twice a fight.

What spells do you use the least? Felflame. Reason being that for demonology it refreshes nothing, so its not usualy viable unless moving long distances.
90 Worgen Warlock
PVE

Raids and Heroics

BG's

Soul Shard system is a definite improvement.

The look, feel and sound of the spells. Having powerful pets.

Aside from demonology which i dont use in raids I dont feel "demonic" enough. I feel at times like just another caster, just a recycled mage. It also kinda sucks when a spec you enjoy playing isnt very viable in high tier raiding so you must play a spec you may not enjoy just to benefit the group. I wonder if dps only classes should have only one spec that uses the best of all three current specs. The player could then choose what abilities to use and how to play the class on the go. Definitely has drawbacks as it would complicate an already complicated rotation but would be nice to see a unified class maybe.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It feels quite complicated and unforgiving at times. I hate keeping ISF up that cast is wayyyyy to long. IMO destruction should have a lot of short casts and long cast stuff would be better for affliction while dots tick.

I still love my warlock so if nothing changed I would still play it. I just want to feel more like a warlock. It is so cool seeing a big doomguard summoned. But such a long cool down and short duration makes the feeling short lived. The rest of the time you get to see one little tiny imp or a felhunter buried in the melee.

Searing Pain
Bane of agony
Fel Flame
90 Gnome Warlock

Both

Questing and Dungeons

Random Battlegrounds

I'm not sure, but maybe decreasing mana costs for certain spells. I can't really say which ones because I'm a noob and I'm not 100% sure.

FIIIRRREEEE!!!!

We don't really have a lot of defense and that can make playing this class solo very frustrating. I personally think that all classes should be completely soloable.

I don't have a problem with my rotation. I can honestly say that I enjoy it the way it is right now.

I wish I could use my timed minions for longer than what their current times are.

My affliction spells for the most part. I am a very visual person, and regardless of the effect they may have, I am bored by them. Maybe if the visuals were improved, I would enjoy them more.
90 Gnome Warlock
Both

Raids/Dungeons

BGs/Arenas

Drain Soul makes me feel like I'm hosting my own personal pride parade with every cast now.

Being able to produce competitive dps with a complex and interesting rotation

Having my favourite spec nerfed into nothingness (afflock) because it made us viable in 2v2 and that's not allowed for warlocks.

Aff = great rotation
Demo = great rotation
Destro = complex crazy rotation that gives me carpal tunnel to play, but still great

BRING BACK DRAIN MANA PLEASE, IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTED 40 MINUTE ARENA FIGHTS

Enslave Demon
Eye of Killrog
Searing Pain
Curse of Weakness (buff this to equal CoE time)

I'm happy overall with the warlock class, but the afflock nerf and our uselessness in arenas need to be fixed, it would also be nice if demo/destro were made more pvp viable (for instance making immolate less super-easy to dispel)
90 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?

• More PvE, but put concerted effort into both.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

• Heroics

• Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?

• BGs

• Rated BGs

• Pet bars and the pets themselves disappearing, whether it be from zoning, ranging, flight or the vehicle interface. Also, I have had the pet completely change on me after getting resurrected by the Spirit Guide.

• The Voidwalker does a miserable job of holding aggro left to its own devices; things are usually fine when you manually use or macro Torment yourself, but it should probably use the ability on its own off cool down.

• Pet management.

• Many smaller, consistent numbers.

• Some cool down management.

• Rituals.

• Nothing that's usable while stunned.

• Weak absorption shield compared to others that are available.

• Short control spell that pulls while glyphed, even though that makes it behave the same as most other control.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• Decimation feels weak since Soul Fire barely hits harder then Shadow Bolt now, perhaps the talent should also increase damage dealt.

• Fine with the rest.

• To see the Succubus return as the single target pet of choice for Demonology, since Affliction uses the Felhunter and Destruction uses the Imp, gives more uniqueness to the specializations; I personally, don't mind swapping pets outside of battle and believe there should be little things like this to distinguish between skill/knowledge levels. Maybe Master Summoner could reduce casting time a little more to relieve some of the tedium.

• Selectable pet genders and colors.

• The flying demon mount.

• Female model for Metamorphosis.

• Soulburn, in PvE.

• Enslave Demon.

• Curse of Weakness.
Edited by Infurryated on 9/13/2011 9:11 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I mainly focus on PvE, but I've done some PvP

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids when I can get in

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

While I enjoy the idea of Warlocks ripping their demon minions from the Twisting Nether in order to make themselves stronger for combat, it would be really handy if Warlock pets were more like hunter pets, as far as customization, what they can do (possibly pet talents?), how quickly we summon them etc.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

Warlock was the first class I leveled, and I've always enjoyed it. The one thing that has survived (for me at least) is that the class is the most unique in my opinion.

You get a little hint of the Hunter play style in that you use your pets (except for 2 of them because they don't really have much use, unless you're leveling and feel adventurous :p ) as Demonology. However, it only feels unique when the Felguard pet is used (and its damage is currently sub-par for single target) and when you use Metamorphisis (while it may be too much to ask, I think it would be fair/fitting for the Metamorphisis ability to be a more permanent transformation, like Shadowform for Priests or Moonkin Form for Druids).

You get to feel more like a Mage when you play Destruction (although I enjoy the challenge of a semi-difficult rotation, it does feel more bogged down than other caster DPS because in order to keep our DPS at maximum we have to hard-cast an (unhasted) 3 second nuke, the damage of which is mediocre at best. And the Empowered Imp talent and Soulburn can only help every so often). I do wish that all the spells for it were more Fire based or at least Shadowflame based (i.e. Shadowfury and Shadowburn becoming fire-like spells or Shadowflame damage spells).

And finally, you get to feel like an advanced Shadow Priest when you play Affliction. And this is a spec I've always loved about Warlocks because it is, in my opinion, the most unique. This is due to the fact that it is the only class specialization that focuses on your DoTs being the biggest part of your damage (other than the previously mentioned class, which can switch if it so chooses to Mind Spike and Mind Blast to feel more like an Arcane Mage). However, with that being said, it does seem to lose its individuality when Shadowbolt (from the Destruction tree) becomes its filler spell. I know that the Drain Life nerf made it a more balanced spell, however, it is the most appropriate filler spell for the Affliction spec in my opinion (or Drain Soul, but all the specs use that).

•What makes playing your class less fun?

Other than some of the things I mentioned already, I would say that it is frustrating that the only CC ability really available to Warlocks is also the weakest CC in the game. I am of course talking about Fear, and while the glyph does improve its CC capability (however its very marginal), it engages players in combat (which no other CC does, at least not anymore). And because this expansion put a huge emphasis on using CCs it makes the Warlock class in general less attractive than a Mage, Shaman, Druid, Hunter, Rogue etc. all of which have stronger and more useful CCs (some just naturally, others due to talents/glyphs).

I also agree with some of the earlier posts asking for a shorter CD on the Summon Infernal and Summon Doomguard abilities. They feel like nice CDs to pop in order to get those extra points of DPS, but it is rather aggravating to only be able to use one or the other every 10 minutes.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I am currently happy with the rotation. The challenge of them is significant enough that players can't just simply play a Warlock, and be better than a player of advanced skill playing a different class. However, because of the length of our rotations (and complexity/challenge because it is a double-edged sword), it makes the difficulty to perform optimally seem insurmountable. And with that being the case, unless you really like the idea of being unique, why not play a different class that is easier to play and performs more competitively?

85 Orc Death Knight
Continued

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to see more development into a specific curse/bane for the specs (i.e. let Bane of Havoc be the main bane used by Destruction Warlocks etc.) And, as I previously stated, I would also like to see more Demon customization (make the Warlock pets more similar to Hunter pets).
Also, I like the idea behind the Demon Soul CD. However, because it is bound by the Demon you are using, it does make it difficult to use depending on your particular needs. It would serve a better purpose, in my opinion, if the CD was tied to a Warlock's spec, similar to the Guardian of Ancient Kings spell that Paladins use (and while this might be primarily an issue for PvE Demonology Warlocks, I can see it be a problem in PvP when your Demon is slain and you can't use this spell).

And although I do not have as much PvP experience as some other Warlocks, I do believe (from other forum posts I have seen) that Immolate needs a dispell protection glyph/ability/talent for PvP use, as it is our bread and butter DoT for Destruction PvP and currently is dispelled with no consequences and significantly reduces our damage output as a result.

•What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Kilrogg
Searing Pain (The last time I used this spell for its intended purpose was to tank Leotheras the Blind in BC)
Fel Flame
Enslave Demon
Banish (Because of the plethora of CCs at hand, Banish is only used/needed when a Warlock is present in raids. Perhaps make this a more general use ability?)
Unending Breath (Although this is really a niche spell, when I actually find myself needing to use it, I use it)
Curse of Tongues and Curse of Weakness (Both of these spells are debuffs applied by other classes (usually tanks) however they do have their uses).

90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I do Heroics as well as Raids and run older content for fun. Run Afflic and Demo.

PvE mostly.

Summon Soul Well without needing others. I hate seeing everyone enjoy their feast while I am standing and working, that and most people don't notice it or help with the summoning which in turn is delaying the fight.

Soul Burn for Afflic isn't used to it's advantage during Boss fights as much as I would like.

Pets randomly vanishing while I am riding around and having to re-summon it after realizing when I demount that it is gone.

Fear no acting like other CC's. Still get aggro, lasts hardly anything and needs to be recasted all the time. Pet is a jerk and wants to run in and hit it.

Not having anything along the lines of survivability, like Mage's Ice Block or SPriest's Disperse.

Doomguard CD, when we reattempt a boss and can't summon him because of the last spawn.

Life tapping while the saps around me drink. Demon pets, even though some can be annoying talkative.
Demo-Meta form and the nice separation and uniqueness of our talent trees.
The ability to multi-dot/damage adds.

Having to resummon my pet almost everytime I demount. Squishier and a little less survivability then other casters. (We get teleport which isn't usable if we need to stack or need to stay apart a certain distance.)

I like the rotation of both Affliction and Demonology. Destro could do with a perk to CB and the removal of corruption in it's rotation.

-Survivability aspect along the lines of Ice Block or Disperse. Teleport isn't too practical in most situations during PvE due to healer range and boss range etc.

-Demonology getting something like a Bloodlust/Heroism. If Beast Master Hunters can get something like that, why not Demo Locks?

-Glyph for a Perma-Meta look. Minor of course. :)

-Demonic Empowerment to be a damage enhancer for pets.

-Felguard to be Demo's pet of choice again for single target.

-Customization of Pet would be neat.

-Doomguard cooldown to be lowered, it won't be ready if we have to attempt a boss again which sometimes mean he won't be used that fight.

-Green Flame, one spell isn't enough for us.

Eye of Krilogg
Enslave Demon
Searing Pain
Curse of Weakness
Shadow Ward
90 Human Warlock
 What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

 If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids and Heroic raids

 If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Some BG’s, but not frequently

 What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- Drain soul should refresh COA, haunt debuff and shadow embrace; constantly stopping the drain soul to keep the drain’s DPS up is annoying.
- Passive shard regen when OOC would be nice
- The CD on doom guard is annoying on nights where are trying new content as it’s down about ½ of the attempts.]
- Fear (glyphed) pulls mobs
- Our in combat self healing needs a major bump - put Fel Armor back to what it was - a constant self heal.

 What makes playing your class more fun?
- I tend to like the affliction play style. The ability to convert life to mana is great.

 What makes playing your class less fun?
- Some poorly designed or useless abilities (soul swap, dot clipping)
- Dot clipping is still a major issue, especially with COA’s damage being higher at the end
- Inconsistent scaling of COD
- Shadow embrace stacking is bad
- mastery’s poor scaling
- Calculating when haste will get me an extra tick of one of my dots. (a XXX haste required for another tick of Y would be helpful with dots)
- Removing immolate then putting shadow flame into the rotation is weird, it means to max damage we are in melee range
- Felguard isn’t the highest DPS for Demo

 How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- Afflictions rotation is fine (aside from shadoflame’s range), Demonology is stupidly complex, destroy is just sort of O.K.

 What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Remove shadow embrace, it’s a bad mechanic that punishes us for target switching
- COD scaling with haste and benefiting from affliction more
- Allow afflictions filler to scale with mastery
- Drain life healing is pathetic - make it worthwhile
- Some actual burst similar to a shadow priest
- Change shadow flame to a ranged attack that does burst and a powerful dot if no other dots are on the target; give us some burst with an instant
- A new demon would rock (a marilith with some healing and support spells would rule!)
- More models for the succubus, I want a redhead or a blonde
- Green fire
- Fear breaks on all damage - we ahvn't been given burst or survivability to compensate

 What spells do you use the least?
- Soul Swap (not worth getting)
- Summon voidwalker
- Eye of Killrog
- Succubus knockback
- Searing pain
- Unglyphed water breathing – speed needs to be higher glyphed.
- Demon armor
- Since the last round of nerfs, drain life (it just does too little to make a difference)
Edited by Cryptwind on 9/13/2011 11:07 AM PDT

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • PVE
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids, dungeons, questing.
    [li]If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] I have done regular pvp, and some Arena, have never set foot inside a rated bg.
    [li]What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Returning fel armor to it's former passive healing would be good. I hate when I have low health and I am stuck in combat, and there is no reason to be and I cant eat, I just stand there helplessly if healthstone is on cd.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The pets were what got me. I loved the class quests, nothing was more fun than watching a higher level lock unleash a doomguard on goldshire. I never did the quest for it and now it's automatically learned.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
  • The constant nerfing, and the feeling that blizz really has an idgaf attitude about locks. I have never seen a blue post on these forums, other than the initial stickies, and this.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • I like destro, but for all the work we have to put into it to get the same dps as a class pushing two buttons really really sucks..
    I mean 8 spells for opener, before even casting an incinerate? Put the improved soulfire buff in with chaos bolt instead of soulfire, that would at least make the spell worth the 31 points, as it is, it's a nerfed version of incinerate on a cd a complete joke for a 31pt talent.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • That you guys will actually read this stuff and actually spend some time helping us. I am sick of you guys buffing us and then taking back the buff, and leaving us in worse condition than we were before you actually tried buffing us.
    The class is really a joke. Dispell protection for immolate would actually make the destro spec competitive in pvp.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul] Searing pain, what a total joke. I laughed when it got buffed at the begining of cata, wondering who was the genius behind buffing a spell that generated so much threat, knowing that locks would spam it for the high dps. I didnt even bother putting it on my toolbar, because I knew it would be immediately nerfed. Curse of Weakness, and eye of kilrogg I never use those either.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP with very little PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics with BH as the only Raid type.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas 3v3, 2v2 and Rated BGs now that I've farmed enough honor from Random BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    My summoned pets should have a leash range, instead of having to resummon them and waste a lot of time / mana, they should run back to me after chasing their target to the given range. At the very least, warn me so I can pull it back!

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Fear is my favourite spell in the game. Don't break it! :D
    Also the swap ability with it's glyph is fantastic.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    That I have to re-cast my dots when I use my Felhunter's demon talent (the one that increases dot dmg)
    Rain of fire is too expensive

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Feels fine.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Add a talent for Soul Swap to get a chance to add a second swap.
    Name pets

■What spells do you use the least?
    Rain of Fire / Hellfire
    85 Human Warlock

-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both
    -If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Some raids, heroics too
    -If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs and some arenas
    -What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    ISF.
    -What makes playing your class more fun?
    Different gameplays inside one class, a lot of tools, fun and fast gameplay
    -What makes playing your class less fun?
    The fact that only one spec is viable for pvp
    -How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    ISF
    -What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Fix destro. Our conflagrate crits doesnt even hurt. Our chaos bolt is ridiculous, its the last talent and it hits like our filler. Make Demon Soul spec based. Enhance our direct damage and reduce our passive damage (Imp, imp dot, corruption, etc.)
    -What spells do you use the least?
    Eye of kilrogg, lol
    85 Gnome Warlock
    ok, so i'm a demon lock, and i mainly pve- regular and hero cata duns, and tol barad dailies. i haven't qualified for firelands, and i am NOT going back to do quests i didn't want to do in the first place TO qualify. i am also working on my rep with ironforge and some other general quest achievements.
    i love the lv 85 jp gear- the only problem with that is i don't have all of it yet. my quality of life issues- really effective aoe's and a great blast area for my hand of guldan- and my imp, garyap- he's great.
    my biggest problems- ALL my other minions. my vw used to be a big help, but he's just kinda useless now. my fel hunter runs around, aggroing EVERYTHING, and bringing it all back to a now dead tank. my fel reaver- well- he dies- like every mob. i never cared for the succubus <this is a personal preference>.
    my rotation procs molten core and shadow bolt often enough, but i wish my curses had a seperate cd timer from the rest of my spells.
    Oh-oh... a lock class only off hand drop or jp/ valor purchase would be uber awesome; something with int, resil AND either mastery or a use bonus for spirit.(does that sound greedy? i hope so!)
    it's not that i don't like some spells, but there are some i learned, tried and don't really ever use- demonic circle for one- i mean 6 minutes, i'd need it to last longer to be useful- and surprisingly- metamorphisis <personal preference.>

i guess i'd most like to have my VW back to some of his pre nerf abilities so i can use him questing in twi hi and uldam the absolute best, but having more control over my fel hunter <who isn't glyphed- i wanted other stuff> would be greatly appreciated by not only myself, but tanks in random dungeons who request his use.
    85 Worgen Warlock
    • PvE

• Heroics, and now starting raids.

• Battlegrounds

• Affliction: I feel affliction is in a fairly good place. I would prefer to use drain life instead of shadow bolt, but I understand that the self healing could be OP in PvE situations. Perhaps making a new drain spell could solve this problem?

• Destruction: ISF can be annoying, but I can live with it. Chaos Bolt feels like it needs a bit more strength to it considering it’s the 31pt talent.

• Demonology: I don’t really play Demo very much.

• All Specs: Glyph of Fear should make Fear count as a CC spell, as well as what it currently does.

• Affliction: I like dotting stuff.

• Destruction: The more complex rotation of Destruction can make the spec fun, or a nightmare at times. With Destruction you are always spamming something.

• At times I feel like I’m a worthless dps class because other classes can do as much, and arguably more, dps with less effort.

• Affliction: I love it, but at times it can be a bit slow. Shadowbolt feels out of place in Affliction.

• Destruction: Destruction has a fast pace to it, and if you miss something it can mean a drop in dps. ISF is great with the exception of the long cast time, and the debuff itself can be annoying to maintain due to varying haste ratings.

• Improved Glyph of Fear. Maybe make it something like Glyph of Fear: Your Fear causes the target to tremble in place instead of fleeing in fear and increases its duration by 30 seconds, and now counts as a Crowd Control spell. Fear now has a 5 sec cooldown.

• More unique Dots/Debuffs for Affliction.

• A way to upgrade or customize our demons. Perhaps a way to unlock different versions of the demons we already have. And of course, every warlocks favorite, add more demons. Even if they are clones of other demons, it would be nice just being able to have a different demon than Warlock X.

• Enslave Demon: There are few times that this spell can be used in Cataclysm. It had more utility in BC due to the large amount of demons. Finding a new utility for this spell would be nice.
    • Eye of Kilrog: This is a fun spell to use if you need to scout a cave for a quest objective, or for when you are waiting for the tank to come back from the bathroom. Other than that, I don’t use it that much.
    • Unending Breath: A handy utility, but most zones feature some form of unending breath for everyone. That is fair and all, but it would be nice if the spell could be re-imagined.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

10 Man Raids, 5 man Heroics

Doomguard/Infernal cooldown. When a class is balanced around using all of its cooldowns (CD's) every fight, it would be nice if all CD's were available every fight. The current 10 min CD is fine on longer fights but when you're doing progression (and wiping repeatedly on the same boss), the CD usually isn't up for optimal use on every pull.

I'd suggest something like resetting the CD's of everyone in raid after a boss fight has concluded and everyone has exited combat.

While Hero/Lust equivalents are only 5 min CD's, having to wait during progression because you've only got one person in your 10 man raid with the skill also sucks.

Going crazy with CD's, pots, and trinkets as Demo.
    Maintaining a steady flow of damage as Affliction.
    Additional thinking with pet micro although it can be a real hassle sometimes.

Ramp-up time on Affliction. Doing fast dying adds that need high damage (such as the small infernals on Rag) as Affliction makes you really feel gimped. My Moonkin can handle 3 internals on Rag solo while my lock as Affliction can only burst down one. A quick burst like making it so hitting a target afflicted with Unstable Affliction (UA) using say Searing Pain causes UA to deal all of its damage immediately but the target becomes immune to UA for 2x the remaining duration of UA. Something that allows for some burst at the expense of long term damage for Affliction.

Not a big fan of trying to maintain the Improved Soul Fire buff for Destro.

I think Bane of Agony should be even stronger for Affliction compared to other specs and that it should be strong enough to replace Bane of Doom on even purely single target fights. Each spec gets its own Bane more or less then (Agony for Affliction, Havoc for Destro, Doom for Demo).

I think the Impending Doom talent for Demo should also include Soul Fire. Just seems odd that all of the other staple direct damage spam spells for Demo would do it except during execute when you switch to Soul Fire.

Ride a demon as a mount?

Searing Pain
    Curse of Weakness
    85 Human Warlock
    just please fix destro. Every single class knows that it's completely broken. And it's not hard, just change some dots to direct damage and delete ISF from the game. Also fix chaos bolt, its ridiculous, our last talent deals the same damage as our filler.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]