Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

91 Draenei Shaman
The race choices for one, I had a warlock on Horde side and loved it but I can't come close with a Draenei Shadow Priest. The only biggest beef I have ever had with locks was the single thing druids had and that was the flight form. If you're a demonology lock your demon form much like a druids flight form should be the same thing, why give them a winged demon form and have them hop around? Beyond that, I love LOCKS! Hehe
100 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

All

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The 8 billion issues that result in no pet or the wrong pet, which can result in instant pvp death (soul link should be up regardless of whether the pet is). Examples: Rezzing in BGs and getting the imp or no pet. Pet getting stuck. Pet out of range (especially while mounted). Jumping off something and having your pet go around the long way (and probably despawn). Rezzing in world pvp and spending 20s casting pet/buffs/soul harvest.

Begging people to click the ritual of summoning.

Begging people to click the ritual of souls.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Dots

Pets

Demonlike abilities

What makes playing your class less fun?

You can't do that while stunned.

The mage at Blizzard that designs new Warlock abilities (like green ice lance, green blink, purple cone of cold). Please look at all the raid encounters that involve demons for new Warlock abilty ideas (see wish list).

Seeing Warlock self healing nerfed and other classes obtain self healing (rogues, warriors, feral druids).

Pressing 15 buttons in order to do less damage than other classes that only press 2. I actually don't mind having so many buttons but having only 2 seems more forgiving in raid/pvp and is not fair. Other classes need to be changed (DKs, mages, warriors, etc).

Having no option of doing single target damage in pvp.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

In general, its very convoluted across all 3 specs and requires advanced mods. It is not just what ability is next, its knowing the tick rate of everything and when to clip or not clip dots. You also have to know all buffs you currently have and what buffs you had last time you refreshed dots. The unique issue with Warlocks seems to be when dots and pets gain buffs from the Warlock. Each dot tick needs to recheck buffs/debuffs. This is better in Cata but not complete yet.

Affliction should use drain life and not shadowbolt.

Affliction should use immolate.

Demonology needs more active demon abilities and less destruction abilities.

To maximize our damage, we need to be in melee range for shadowflame when we are ranged dps.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

A tanking talent tree. No hybrid tax means no need for 3 dps talent trees. Change Demonology to Tanking!

Make the fear glyph a minor glyph and it causes no threat like other cc's.

Dots take all buffs and debuffs each tick.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel's Pact of the Darkfallen.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel's Shroud of Sorrow on Demon Armor.

Lord Jaraxxus's Hard Mode Nether Portal to summon demons until it is destroyed.

Lord Jaraxxus's Incinerate Flesh (nerfed but similar).

Return of See Invisibility as See Hidden. Self only short duration buff that allows seeing invisible and stealthed targets but with a warlock twist of not being able to see targets that are not hidden.

What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Kilrog, Demon Armor, Summon Voidwalker, Summon Succubus, Soul Burn, Health Funnel, Searing Pain.

Fel Flame - I use it more than any other ability simply because it looks cool and fun to kill critters with it. It needs a massive utility or damage boost.
86 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Pvp exclusively.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
3v3 arena, Rbgs, and random bgs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
ISF for destro.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
From a pvp perspective as affliction, the amount of control and drain style of the spec. I like being able to hurt multiple targets at once. It's worth not having burst.
■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having only 1 viable spec for pvp. Some may argue Destro is viable, and it is to an extent, but it has no type of dispel protect for immolate or our fears, and it hits like a wet noodle. It just feels inferior to a shadow priest in every part of the role it plays on a team.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
For the most part, I like it. The destro pvp rotation would be fine if we actually hit a little harder to put out necessary pressure. As affliction, it'd be cool if the damage from our pet's shadow bite were made into another move or some sort. It'd bring a little more skill back into the spec if we actually had to pay attention to another move, instead of having it automatically used by our pet.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
A dispel protection for immolate, or a damage increase of some sort for destro. This would potentially be okay for pve, too, since it's not the top damage spec for locks anyway, not that yall don't know this anyway.

■What spells do you use the least?
Enslave demon. I use all of the others at some point or another.
100 Gnome Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE mostly I do some pvping occasionally
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and raids
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas mostly, occasional bg
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. My issue is the fact I had to look at the same pets for the past 7yrs. I mean seriously hunters can go out and get new pets, we can't. We've had the same pets since pre bc why?
■What makes playing your class more fun? I can move and dps more easily than other spell casters.
■What makes playing your class less fun? The lack of ability to get a new pet
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I think my rotation is fine and easy to learn once one gets use to it.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? A new pet or the ability to permantly enslave a new pet. After that at least a little buff in dps.
■What spells do you use the least?Enslave demon, If we can't permantly enslave a demon what good is this spell anymore.
85 Night Elf Druid
Fix Destro.....Please.... Thx!
85 Blood Elf Warlock
-I focus on PvE

-Heroics, and raids when I can

-N/A I don't do PvP usually because I find it annoying having to spend 20 seconds just pulling up all my buffs that I always have after I rez

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-I play a destro lock because the fire part of it appeals to me, but having to hit 8 different spells just to get my dps up can be inconvenient, especially in short fights. Plus Rain of Fire cost too much mana in long AoE fights.

-DPS burns on long fights and thinking of my timing. It is a challenge and sort of nice. I also love how now I can SS rez and help the healer out. Also, I am very self-reliant with Soul Tap and Shadow Burn.

-High mana usage for AoE, long cast times interrupted by having to move, short fights = not worth proper spell rotation

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-In short fights/high movement fights, it can be pretty stressful with DoTs and ISF buff ticking down and major dps losses. But in long fights, it is so much fun. Just thinking of the timing of pulling out the Doomguard or Infernal and usage of trinkets, it is intricate and requires good thinking.

--------General
-Enslave demon would be more usable
-Even if the DoT spells had no Global Cooldown, that might make things easier?
-Imp's Firebolt GCD to 1 second rather than the 1.5 (is that a bug?)
-Maybe a high dps burst with a long cooldown.
-Banish demon creates no threat like other CCs
-Demon comes with when I jump

-------Demo Spec
-Instant demon cast
-Longer metamorph
-Can fly in meatmorph form
-Maybe even make it a tank form? It could be fun

-----Destro Spec
-Make the ISF buff last longer maybe???? It is a good idea, but 15 seconds is too short usually
-Fel Flame bigger

-Searing Pain, Curse of weakness/tongues
Edited by Nayelie on 9/13/2011 10:27 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I mostly like where things stand with my lock, and hope you don't consider huge changes to PvE in favor of PvP.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvE, a little PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, heroics, questing. All of the above.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Regular BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My bags thank you for the change in the soul shard system.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
In AOE situations, I am a tactical nuke as demo. The abundance of mastery-based caster items in Firelands is also quite excellent for me.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
I really don't care for my destro offspec ... the rotation is very clunky, and I suffer a /huge/ DPS loss... along the lines of 4k, unbuffed for raids, when I swap over.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
In demo -- I like it. It's challenging, and when it's done just right, it's an epic spectacle of fire, demons, and things running away screaming. Aaaah.
In destro -- It's just clunky. If there were some way to take ISF out of the equation, I think it'd work a bit better, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't feel smooth... too many buttons for too little damage.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd prefer it if the felguard had some better abilities in single-target fights. If not higher damage, perhaps something better in terms of holding threat or interrupting. (That said, now that I've got the hang of it, I love the utility of demon-swapping in fights. That's the way demo should be, and I like it. Please keep it!)

A shorter cooldown on the doomguard and infernal might be nice. I understand this is a balance issue... It'd be great to have for raid bosses, so there's something to have up after every wipe, rather than every other wipe. However, I do get that we don't want the things out all the time in questing or PvP...

I also wouldn't mind some better interrupts or means of cc. Hunter traps or roots can hold for some time before cc is broken, but fears and banishes need to be refreshed every few seconds. This is a bit tedious in longer-lasting fights. Plus, it's not very viable in PvP when they're so easily dispelled.

Fix the disappearing pet bar for warlocks and hunters (DKs and frost mages too? I don't play those classes, so don't know...). That'd be most spiffy.

Finally, please don't make me a tank. I like being a DPS bomb in AOE situations.

# What spells do you use the least?
Eye of Kilrogg, Searing Pain
85 Gnome Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids some heroics

the spells and abilities in each tree

the fact that i cannot play desto one of my favorite specs but cant seem to get it to work in heroics or riads

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
affliction rotation not to bad except i would rather use drain soul than shadowbolt

i would like to see the 51 point talents come back for all classes and in desto i want to beable to sacrifice imp for increased fire damage again
85 Human Warlock

PvP.

Tol Barad, Arena, BGs and lots of world PvP (e.g. Org raids).

- Disappearing pet bar is ridiculous. Re-summoning in arena is costly.
- Soulburn is a horrible mechanic and needs to be re-worked. It emphasizes macro use too much in PvP.

- Mobile DPS. I enjoy not having to be rooted most of the time.
- Vanity. Tier 13 aside, I feel warlocks have the best looking gear.
- It's a paradox but there are fewer locks than any other class in Azeroth. Makes me feel less like a sheep.

- Poor CC. The diminishing returns on fear are too high, it breaks too easily, and fear is a poor choice in most PvE instances sans glyph.
- Survivability. Where's my Ice Block, bubble, or CloS???

It's fine generally speaking. I do feel you're pushing us (Aff) toward SB instead of DL which is unfortunate. If I wanted to stand back and blast, I would've rolled a mage.

- A bubble/Ice Block/Purge of some sort to be consistent in PvP with other classes
- Rework/remove Soulburn
- DoT protection. UA is not enough of a deterrent.
- Customize-able pets. You hit the nail on the head with transmog, now let's take it a step further. What if I don't want my succy to look like Julie Strain?
- Warlock-only flying mount. Maybe we change into a demon and can fly since we already have wings in meta.
- The ability to tame demons permanently. Perhaps they keep the stats of our current pets but allow us to have different looking demons. Hunters have it good with the ability to find and tame rare beasts. Our turn.

- CoEx. Not near enough slowing power for a talent point. >:(
- Fel Flame. Aside from running old content and needing to kill lowbie trash quickly, using Fel Flame is a DPS loss (proven at elitistjerks.com).
- CoT. Increase duration and % or get rid of it please.
85 Undead Warlock
PVE

Raids

BGs

Often I fine playing affliction I am reliant on my target being alive for a set amount of time in order to get the most out of my class, if my group is strong I often find things die by the time my DoTs and other setup has been applied, and yet most of my other spells are reliant on this initial setup. Soul swap was a very good improvement but it did not solve the problem.

I play a warlock because I enjoy the idea of spreading fear, dooming my enemies to certain death, and controlling demonic powers.

The fact that every content patch at least one spec is not raid viable compared to the others, there is always some balance issue between them. Being a purely dps oriented class it seems to me that the choice between what spec you play should be determined by your preferred play style, not by which deals the most damage. Although I understand it is very hard/nearly impossible to create perfect balance in an mmo environment without limiting movepools.

Currently I feel only the opening of my rotation is lacking (Having to apply things like improved shadowbolt, curse of elements and haunt before applying DoTs), as I lose 4-6 seconds of dps time before even applying my main damaging effects.

-Something to quickly apply our damage over time effects, much like outbreak for DKs
-Having each demon be useful in raids, rather than having 1 demon that is easily better than all the others for your spec. (Poor succubus gets no love)
-Cosmetic glyph to make fire effects green

-Curse of weakness, I have been playing since vanilla and can't remember the last time I used this.
-Fel flame, only used in the rare situation of unavoidable movement, limited but still kind of nice to have.
-Succubus
-drain mana
-curse of tongues
-searing pain
-Demon armour
-Enslave demon

PVE

Raids

Arenas if any

Feeling unique as a class.

Rotations that feel fluid and natural while remaining complex and interesting. Affliction has a wonderful feel with putting up dots, switching for the execute phase, an appropriate pet, and really feels true to the idea of warlocks in wow.

I feel as if a lot of the time I'm doing a lot more work to achieve similar results as other caster classes. I realize they have involved mechanics as well, but warlocks tend to have a high range of menucia as it regards to situations as well as pet management that just feels frustrating occasionally. I'm not a great warlock, and there are times where I feel like in certain situations, I'd be a better asset in classes that are a little more friendly. I do like the complexity, but it might just be an issue as it relates to the rotations.

I believe currently that the destruction and demonology rotations feel a bit clunky.

My Reasons Being:

Demonology:
Felguard should be strongest pet in single target situations as well as aoe for demo, it should feel like a privilege to the class.
Guardian cool downs are strong and exciting, but the long cool down time leads to attempts without them and frustration when they are not available.
Decimate phase doesn't feel as powerful as affliction with Drain Soul. Sure its a dps increase to pump out soul fires, but big numbers would feel better. Instead maybe decimation should proc more metamorphosis time which would feel more exciting.
Top theory crafting shouldn't rely on the pet swap mechanic, its clunky.
Also, not a huge fan of molten core.

Destro:
Improved soul fire is slow and a bit difficult, especially on bosses with a lot of movement, or with an unorthodox hit zone (ie travel time to rag's head.)
Its not very dotty, and the bursts aren't quite as bursty as other classes. A mechanic with a burning de-buff of engulfing flame on a cool-down in place of chaos bolt for instance would feel more appropriate.

A spell like DK's Pestilence, or soul-burn seed to spread a few more dots would be nice.

More interesting life-tap style mechanic would be fun, like a 5 min cool-down that drains 50% health and gives a demon soul type buff, or a mechanic that utilizes self danger into our rotation in general, clearly displaying the dangers of dark magic. "Warlocks, you shouldn't be playing with magic you don't understand. See what happens?"

10% Spell-power granted by affliction or destruction, its an important buff that can limit warlocks in certain situations.

More Green fire

Underwater Breathing
Eye Of Killrog ( My deep fantasy is for him to become an affliction pet that shoots shadow bolts out of his eye )
Shadow Protection (unless its nether ward)
Unending Breath
Demonic Empowerment
Searing Pain (Which btw if this gave ISF buff instead of SF, it would be fine)
100 Undead Warlock
I usually pve, with little bursts of pvp now and then

raids. but only normal ones. Anvilmar isn't the best place to find people to not stand in a fire.

Tried arena for a bit. BGs are ok. mostly i got into the outdoor pvp area of the expansion, wintergrasp, tol barad.

Detect invisibilty, drain mana, and detect demons, were some pointlessly removed spells, in my opinion. The new soul shard system is ok. It's nice to have sure. When you think of bringing a gun with 3 bullets to a fight though it seems silly. Besides destro soul fire, and affliction seed of corruption, all the burns are pvp centered. Harvest soul is very nice, my only beef is that i belive the animation should be in reverse.

laws of physics breaking teleport is a nice unique bit. The amount of defense (destro in paticular) warlocks have against spells. Having 3 different fear mechanics. fear, horror, and deathcoil. destro gets the 4 second aoe stun, demons gets pet stun, affliction gets more slows. The Imp was actually made useful for destro, so i dont neccesarily mind losing the sacrifice ability anymore.

all curses in pvp are reduced signifigantly while things that "increase bleed dmg" stay for the full duration. Succubus and void walker seem to be useless. I've tried using seduce lately (came back from a 6 month hiatus) and it will ignore and keep attacking, or break it half way and attack. The whiplash attack seems to make target fly at random instead of from the center. Void walker has no hp, no threat, it's bubble is still on a large CD and doesnt protect from any amount of signifigant damage. Demon soul for a void walker is to transfer threat? You get this spell at 85 which means you are no only fighting things that would completely destroy your VW. Only real point in using the VW at 85 is for the pvp shield and that's still useless. Demon Soul for imp is an increased chance to crit (on cast time), but if you dont crit then you've burned a 2 min CD and gotten nothing from it. Quoting myself, the removal of those 3 spells, i understand drain mana a little, because balancing at the begining of cataclysm allowed warlocks to dis-arm casters, granted a caster would just sit there a let us do it. Heath funnel and drain life have too little an impact and channel time. so if im desperate for hp or giving it, i have to repeatedly click it once every 2 seconds, for the next 10 secnods for anything to change. Drain life seems to do no damage or healing at that. I think mine gives 3 ticks of 2.5k hp at most. That's 8k+ of my 140k hp, which is highly doubtful in saving my life. Banishing other players got removed when they are clearly a demon or elemental.
100 Undead Warlock
All and all, rotaion for each spec seem fine. People complain that they are boring but when you make affliction back to the way it used to be, people complain it's too hard. My only problem with destro is that I have to use chaos bolt to keep decent mana and use replenishment. It's nice but when chaos bolt does little more dmg than an incinerate, i have to use it, and it's on a 12 sec cd, it seems almost pointless.

Destro Soul Fire equivalent to hunters instant aimed shot, every 8 incinerates give you 1 instant soul fire
Affliction being able to heal a little bit better
Succubus and VW actually having a purpose
Felflame being useful with out 4set
DPS for destro not being so pet dependant, or allowing it's pet dependacny to be buffed
Flying Metamorphosis.... cmon
Some people mentioned a female Metamorphosis a while back..... seems legit. You made that crazy tree form.
Some form of destro getting a "dire imp" or maybe a mini inferal as a pet, or hell even a real infernal
Could warlock pets get talent trees? I don't think they have enough abilities
El Pollo Grande summon
Legit form of green fire.

Searng pain (no threat compared to a full rotaion)
Felflame (less dmg then the initial immolate, only 6 seconds, fast missile but still a missile, it was introduced with the gimmick of "green fire" )
Enslave Demon (havent used it since BC)
Demon Armor (I'm sure it has a purpose in pvp, maybe, i dont know)
Curse of Weakness ( Just rarely used, no real beef with it)
Shadowflame (unglyphed it's kinda... bleh... and no range)
Infernal/ Doomguard (I understand the 10 min CD for arena, but a fair amount of the time i never use them because the CD is so long. even glyphed 10 min cds dont make it into arenas right? make a glyph, reduce it by 3-5 mins. Also infernal cast time. Did it get fixed where it doesnt do more damage then the doomguard?)
90 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I have always enjoyed Destro, however the rotation has become insane to manage and do respectable dps.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I like blowing stuff up. High impact dmg, I find dot rotations boring.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Its too weak to effectively help a raid team. Being at the bottom of the dps chart almost guarentees another class being selected over you.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Leave immo on conf alone, but COE, COD, Corr added to the rotation take away from the true nature of the spec. If Destro locks enjoyed dot's they would roll aff. The rotation just seems irratic.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
BUFF please! Chaos Bolt is really weak. Rain of fire is horrible. Basically undo the nerf on damage for Cata. We should be able to keep up with hunters and mages, right now its not even close.

■What spells do you use the least?
Searing Pain. COA is raid fight specific but does add a different dimension. But again are we suppossed to be an Aff hybrid or a burst dmg class
100 Undead Warlock
Bah, i forgot, no spec has any paticular reason to crit anymore. Destro used to get more crit dmg, and affliction was the first spec to have dots crit, now everyone does the same crit and everyone's dots crit, so I have no real pupose for crit (which goes back to the imp demon soul)
100 Undead Warlock
-Both leaning more towards pvp at 85 though

-all except raids with a toddler and an infant its impossible to dedicate the time...im okay with this though

-BGs, world pvp

-None Really

-Fear and watching someone slowly die as I kite them
-the slightly more complex play style having to watch all cds
-takes skill to play as a lock well

-So many fear breaks and no defensive cd...portal within charge/pull range
-if a rogue/druid gets the jump on me im dead, if i pop my pvp trinket/will of forsaken i get hit with a cp stun and right back in the same boat

-I've pretty much played affliction from day 1 i like where we are but shadowbolt as a filler is not fun at all, its slow and isn't even an affliction spell.

-Pets that change appearance go with your spec...affliction pets could seem plagued, demo pets could be the same maybe a bit bigger or sinister looking, destro more fiery looking pets.
-chaosbolt damage buff, even squishies laugh at that one.
-more separation of the trees, each tree has dots and no real nukes. destro should be all nukes and only lingering dots
-immolate dispel protection maybe if its dispelled it jumps to the nearest enemy...that way the dispeller will have to be much more careful
-make eye of kilrog useful maybe make it a non combat pet that on a 5 min cd that displays all stealth
-less strange tier sets...they just look strange or goofy and not warlock like at all t6 is the best looking imo
-get rid of searing pain or change it so it can be cast while moving like scorch
-shadowburn is weak and doesn't benefit from mastery neither does shadowfury, make them both shadow/fire spells

eye of kilrog, searing pain, rain of fire
100 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
I play PVE and PVP.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Current raid progression with a few heroics here and there.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
I plays 2s and regular Battlegrounds. Rated Battlegrounds when I can find a group.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
My biggest issues would be with my pet. It'll despawn sometimes after using flight paths and usually always after using vehicles for quests (for example, it always despawns when punting turtles for the Hyjal dailies). Secondly, as a raiding Demo lock, I am disappointed that the felguard isn't the top DPS for single target anymore. I'd like to see him serve more of a use than just burst AOE.

Topping the charts. As a very experienced Demo lock, I am thrilled that we are competitive again. My damage output is insane and I absolutely love it.

All those people !@#$%ing for Dark Intent, healthstones, soulstones, and summons. ;)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I play Demo and it's fine. I'll never be truly bursty, just because I have to apply all the DOTs, but after so many years of Warlocking, it's just second nature.
I do, however, dislike Improved Soul Fire when I have played Destro.

A Warlock flying mount.
I heard rumor of being able to change your minions genders; that'd be cool.
I'm overall pretty happy. I loved the Cata Demo changes.

PS I heard rumors of adding in a female Meta form. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you do this, make it an option. I am a female and I play a female toon but I want to keep my male Meta form!!!

Drain Soul
Curse of Tongues
Curse of Weakness
Seed of Corruption
Shadow Ward
Eye of Kilrogg
Fel Flame
Searing Pain
Edited by Zanah on 9/13/2011 11:39 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock

Primarily PVE a little bit of PVP

FL raiding, heroic dungeons, dailies, etc.

Primarily BG's, once in awhile arena in addition to Rated BGs

Disappearing pet bars, pets that do not respond or attack targets they are instructed to target.
Depending on a guardian pet for progression minded fights that cannot be used every attempt after a wipe, this pet (Doomguard) being a crucial part of Demo damage.
Lock Port displaying as a big fat "Come get me sign" in a pvp scenario.
Not being able to use a guardian pet in arena when a mage is able to pop their mirror images. Either remove mirrors from arena or reduce our Guardian to a 30 sec use for arena purposes. As it stands mages have more than enough control in addition to three different "pets" and a great deal of burst. Kind of odd to me that we cannot use this when Warlocks and Hunters are the original pet classes of the game.

The hard work it requires to perform well with the class in addition to being an evil nasty Warlock. The class specific mount (would be awesome if it had some demon wings and flew).
Just the overall feel of the class.

Clunky rotations (looking at you Destro) and at times an overly complex rotation in contrast to DPS peers mashing two buttons to do the same if not better DPS than Warlocks.
Depending on spec a lack of mobility.

Demo: Fun rotation, for the most part feels very smooth. Pet twisting can be very frustrating and Decimation is very lackluster in regards to damage as an "execute phase".
Destro: As it stands not very fun or smooth. This was always my preferred spec however, playing with the upkeep of ISF on such a short buff duration in addition to a long cast which hits like a limp noodle is very lackluster and takes away from the feeling of bursting in our "burst spec". I also do not feel that Corruption fits very well into this spec as it just adds too many dots to a burst spec. Chaos Bolt is also very lackluster as our 31 pt talent, this should not be hitting for the same as say Incinerate. Perhaps CB could refresh the ISF buff and it's damage can be revisited and buffed a bit. Spec is also too reliant on pet damage.
Affliction: I really only use this spec for pvp (as it is the only viable pvp spec). Due to my limited use of the spec I do not want to comment much on it aside from perhaps loading the Shadow Embrace Buff onto the Warlock rather than being dependant on say Haunt and casting SB.

Destro reworked for a smoother game play
CB revisted and buffed
ISF increased buff duration or some type of refresh to maintain the buff
Corruption removed from Destro
Guardian pet that can be used on every progression attempt. This can be achieved by applying a sated debuff or something similar to the way that BL or Time Warp functions.
Felguard damage increased moving it up to the #1 Demonology pet
Reliability of pet damage reduced for Affliction & Destro
Demon Soul being reworked per spec not pet based. If Felguard receives a damage buff this will basically even itself out ... Afflic>Felhunter, Destro>Imp, Demo>Felguard
Perhaps buffing the damage of Fel Flame and Death Coil to give Warlocks a bit more mobility across the board
Bring back detect invis!

What's that one threat talent ... oh yeah ... Searing Pain
Enslave Demon
100 Human Warlock
PvE mostly with the occasional PvP

Heroics with occasional raids

Battlegrounds only. Arenas are much too frustrating

Make voidwalkers useful again. They can't hold aggro at all.

Dots, metamorphosis

Having to keep up Improved Soul Fire *sigh*

It's ok I guess. Compared to my alts, the rotation is much more complicated to achieve minimum dps standards.

Fix fear. It needs to be like other CC and not cause aggro and have longer duration (except in pvp of course).
Chaos bolt needs to be reworked or buffed. It is quite lackluster for a 31 pt talent.
Bring back sacrifice pet for destro or something similar.

Searing Pain
Eye of Kilrogg
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]