Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

85 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Both - Heroics, Arenas, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pets have a hard time keeping up on mounts if I get in combat.

What makes playing your class more fun?
All the non dps related spells ie Ritual of Summoning

What makes playing your class less fun?
Destruction has an annoyingly long "prep step" before you can actually start using your nukes.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As destruction the "nuke spec" I have more DoTs that Im supposed to keep up than any other spec in the game (Burning Embers, BoD, Immolate, Corruption) not to mention ISF and Curse of Elements.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
More green fire spells and somehow remove the need to cast a shadow DoT or two for destro (they get nothing from mastery anyway)
Make mastery more of an appealing stat
Protection for immolate

What spells do you use the least?
eye of killrog, unending breath, Curse of weakness, Summon voidwalker (not even while leveling. This pet has absolutely no use.)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? PvE only

If PvE, what type of PvE? All of it. I do dailies, heroic dungeons and raids (not heroic raids yet)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? It seems that warlock buffing before a boss pull seems to take the longest, especially after a wipe. We: Summon a demon (made instant with use of a Soul Shard, thank you! (if they weren’t all used in the last encounter, then wait for the cast)), Fel Armor, Soul Link, Dark Intent (3 buffs, no biggie), Soul Harvest to get back our Soul Shards, Ritual of Souls to be sure everyone has the Fel Cookie and Create a Soulstone. THEN eat the buff food along with everyone else. I’m willing to bet it’s the longest preparation before a pull of all the classes.
My suggestions: Allow the summon demon to work like a DK’s raise ghoul ability: we hit the button and it continues conjuring while we’re doing other things. Allow Create Soulstone to be instant cast out of combat. Removing those two casts would make it much better, and not take away from the game play too much that I can see.

What makes playing your class more fun? Making it more evil, more demonic. I play demonology *just* because there seem to be demons popping out *everywhere*, then I can turn into a demon! I’d like more demons in the other specs as well. I’d like to go back to affliction ‘cause it’s a better “dance” to me, but I love the demons. I’d like to see a soul rip ability to be used when the target is under 20%, give it a longer cast time (5 seconds?), with an animation of pulling a transparent-whitish hue image of the mob (think ghost form when running back to corpse) out of the mob’s body and when the cast is done, it gives significant damage, dissipating the image. Moar evilness plx.

What makes playing your class less fun? Other than the quality-of-life issue described above, spamming Shadow Bolt as filler. Just doesn’t feel like the warlock thing to do. A drain as filler would feel closer to right. Drain soul or drain life are great options, and it could be that these are the only options based on a given circumstance. Also I wish the cooldowns on Summon Infernal and Summon Doomguard would be drastically decreased. Waiting 10 minutes to bring out *another demon* gives me a sad. The reason is understood (only use it once per fight).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I love rollin’ dots so I’m a fan of it. Especially since you removed d.o.t. clipping, thanks. I feel like there is a good balance of spells on a 1-3 min cooldown to use at the right time to boost dmg, etc. We have (at least) 2 procs to change up spell priority. Overall it feels good. A spell we could cast while moving would be nice. I’d say shadowbolt, but I don’t want it as the filler, perhaps being able to drain while moving?

What’s on your wish list for your class? I want to be able to Enslave a Demon permanently. Let it act as any of the five we have now, with the same abilities but give us more skins on the demons (I like the idea of enslaving a new one instead of just learning a different skin of the same demon from the trainer). Gender specific Metamorphosis form is on the table I believe, let’s add gender specific demons as well (unless I have that backwards, I’d like both either way).

What spells do you use the least? Since I’m Demonology spec I don’t use: Seed of Corruption, Fel Flame, Rain of Fire, Searing Pain, Shoot (wand)
85 Orc Warlock

Both, here and there.

Heroics, mostly. A little raiding.

Mostly BG's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

We have a lack of utility. Healthstones become weaker as gear gets better, Death Coil heals for 15kish, if that, and our Demo Circle is a clunky Blink and according to people I've heard playing PTR, it's becoming LoS which just makes it a crappy Blink. Drain Health is way too easy to Interrupt in PvP but it's alright in PvE. Fear still causes aggro, only lasts 20 seconds in PvE (As compared to other CC's that last longer.) and needs to be glyphed in order to be useful in 99% of situations. Banish is great, but only for demons and elementals. And Seduce is fine, but that comes at a huge DPS loss. Our self-heals are subpar, our CC's are okay (in PvE bad, in PvP alright, and our ability to get away from melee players is almost non-existent. Also, Chaos Bolt needs some love, it's really, really disappointing at this point in time.

I love the rotation, and I love DoT's. It makes this class unique and interesting, and our complexity is fun.

Destro is annoying and doesn't feel "nukey" enough, Demo has some problems of it's own (FelGuard hitting with a noodle instead of a weapon, and having to be hardcasted during Meta), and Affliction is okay, but I'd like more DoT's and less Shadow Bolt spamming.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's fine, but as stated before, too much spamming of Shadowbolt and too little DoT's.

- Siphon Life to come back.
- Death Coil to be scaled to 85.
- Fel Armor reverted to how it used to be.
- Chaos Bolt to be strengthened.
- Fel Guard to do better damage.
- Fear to last 30 seconds in PvE, and not draw aggro (I think this ones only fair.) and find a way to keep them from moving when Feared without a glyph. (If you're worried about homogenization, how is Repentance any different from Sap, and how are either of those different from Polymorph, and how is that different from Hex. Get my point? :P)
- Green Fire.
- Demo circle not to be LoS, if that is actually happening.
- Fix Chaos Bolt, up the damage or do something to it to not make it a waste.
- Give us a way to get away from melee.

Eye of Killrogg
Searing Pain
Enslave Demon
Summon Voidwalker
Edited by Cazican on 9/13/2011 11:01 AM PDT
90 Goblin Warlock
PvE: Normal Fireland Raids 2-3 times a week, some random heroics, but basically I focus on PvE Raid.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Our guardians should have a CD based on boss fight. 10% of our dps every 2 other fights is a real loss.

As Destro the rotation, it's complicated but fun. As Demo... running kitting Adds.

In heavy movement fights our dps goes down because of the rotation and because Fel Flame is useless.

Rotations are fine but gets too complicated to combine with procs, like Power Torrent, Volcanic, Decimation (as Demo), etc. We need heavily customized AddOns to keep things under control.

Make mastery more of an appealing stat for Destro. It's ridiculous that our "mastery specialization" gives us the lowest of the stat multipliers for our dps.
A protection spell like Mages Ice block.. our "healthstone" has very low health to be useful in PvE raid bosses as "life saver".

I guess that this question is related to "combat" spells...not for utility ones. Fel Flame is useless, the renew of Inmolate doesn't do any important dmg in Tier 12. Shadow Bolt is the same case, time to cast is too high to be in Destro rotation.
Edited by Promi on 9/13/2011 11:02 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, mostly PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, raids, both new and old

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Nothing bothers me

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The feel of a Warlock in itself is fun, minions, Metamorphosis, Soul Burn, and being the best class in the game

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Nothing really, less survivability than other classes

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Demonology and Affliction are great
I think Destruction is a little hectic

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I would like Enslave Demon to be more useful
I like the idea of Metamorphosis being a form instead of a cooldown but im not sure about that
The thing that I want more than anything and I know everyone would love you for is wings.... I want wings on my Dreadsteed. The Dreadsteed is a beautiful mount, a true work of art, but the only time I use it is in BGs or instances that allow mounts. Please gimmie dem wings.

■What spells do you use the least?
Searing pain, Curse of Weakness

Thank you Blizzard
100 Human Warlock

Mostly PvE. I've done little PvP in Cata.

Heroic dungeons, some raids. RL issues have kept me from raiding as much as I'd like.

When I do PvP, it's been either Arena or Arathi Basin.

Disappearing demons in PvE. I know it's only five or so seconds now to resummon, but it's a chunk of my mana, and it's just freaking annoying.

ISF. I feel like I'm constantly casting it, and it's a big hitch in my rotation.

Destro is my first love. I love burst damage. And, oddly, I love the complex rotation of it. Every other time I've tried to DPS, I've found it less satisfying than the eight bajillion buttons I hit as destro.

Aff is okay, but it's more mindless. I do love seeing the execute phase, though.

I also love focusing on fire. Heheheh. . .

ISF. Especially when I have to hard cast it. Especially especially during fights where I need to not stand in fire.

We also feel awfully squishy sometimes, but I haven't played a mage, which'd be the closest thing to a warlock, so I can't really compare.

Great on Destro. I don't care that it's complex--that's a playstyle that I like. The only hitch is ISF, which I've mentioned a million times already. On Aff, it's all right--super easy, not my thing. The only thing I don't like is having to cast SB *first*.

Green fire. I'd love to see a glyph to make Incinerate green fire instead of orange. Make it a minor glyph, and I'd be happy as an evil clam.

A revamp of ISF. Either lower the cast time, or increase the buff time.

I'm a girl. Not a guy. Let me be a girl demon!

I get the feeling Chaos Bolt *should* be more powerful, but isn't. Honestly, if you wanted to tie the ISF buff into Chaos Bolt, that might be a better solution. Say that they inherent energies in the Chaos Bolt destabilize the nether, giving the warlock a 15s damage buff. It justifies having it at the end of the tree, and eliminates the clunky ISF mechanic.

Curse of Weakness. Searing Pain (what, precisely, is the point of that?). Eye of Kilrogg--except in the Netherwing Mines, where I totallly used it to scout ahead for eggs. Soul Burn on Aff. And I've never used Enslave Demon.
Edited by Akrasiel on 9/13/2011 11:19 AM PDT
100 Gnome Warlock

Very much PVE only; I only do PVP under extreme duress (ie: Long Strange Trip meta).

Heroics if I'm needing to flesh out VP, maybe some Archaeology or dailies to burn time, otherwise Raids.

N/A. If LST meta, whatever is required for the holiday and then get out of the queue.

For me, the inability to use my big-money cooldowns (ie: Doomguard/Infernal) every boss attempt. On learning a boss, we may die far less than ten minutes in, which means my summon will not be up for the next attempt.

As a DPS, I would imagine it's the same as most other damage dealers - big numbers. It's also nice to have a small army behind me to assist between my pet, my guardian, and various proc-based temporary assistants.

Having a number of fights emphasize quick burn phases when most of my damage is tied up in DoTs and pets, leading my direct damage spells to be either too slow, too weak, or both. Also, the inability to strike a happy medium for pet control is vexing - Assist is good, until I have to send it after one add and I attack another.

At the moment, I feel that it's about as bad as the infamous "John F'ing Madden" image macro to describe the Feral Cat rotation of yesteryear. Affliction is fairly straightforward - keep DoTs up and spam whatever filler spell is available. Demo is too random - too much damage is tied into Illidan Form, and while a talent is available to shorten the cooldown on that, what ends up happening is that it then de-syncs Illidan Form from the trinket cooldowns, where they provide the most benefit. Destro... has issues, foremost being having to hardcast Soulfires to keep ISF up.

Doomguard / Infernal / Soulstone to have a 10-minute debuff like Heroism but a 5-minute cooldown. Demonology having Felguard be the go-to demon for damage (having to use Felhound for single target is atrocious) and Illidan Form be a toggled form rather than a random cooldown; also a Minor Glyph that lets me swap Illidan Form for Blood Queen Lanathel Form. Destro having Chaos Bolt feel much more powerful rather than a green Shadowbolt. More Soulburn effects to make it useful to a spec *other* than Destro; as it is, I only find use for it to insta-summon a pet after wipes or midfight.

Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath, Searing Pain, Summon Succubus, Summon Voidwalker, Howl of Terror
90 Orc Warlock

mostly PvE, some pvp

Raids

Arena 3v3

the soul shard system is a little limited. I would like to see a pet system more similar to the hunters. soul burning to instacast them is a bit tedious. The soul fire in the destro spec drove me away from the spec i would like to see a change, not necessarly an improvement, just a change. we've been w/o changes for a while

I love fears on pvp, and my DOT's in affli. I also enjoy my AOE in demo

the lack of attention we get from the developers. I get tired of seeing the hotfixes every week, and the other classes get changes constantly (specially Paladins and Mages) while we are stale.

I love all the warlock rotations, even the single target Demo rotation which i thought was a bit boring at first. I think it requires more skill from the players and forces us to be on top of our skills and position which improves gameplay awareness. it just happens that more "simple" classes in my raid group make more mistakes.

- I would like to see the felguard the pet of choice on demo spec or make petswitching more reliable in the demo spec.

i never use the eye, searing pain, and the succubus or the demon armor.
85 Gnome Warlock
Both.

Raids & Heroics.

BGs and Tol Barad.

I think the biggest issue for me is having to put in the maximum amount of effort for an equal result meaning, give a mage and a lock the same level of gear the mage can hit 20k dps by only using the one spell [Arcane Blast] whereas the warlock (im speaking from a Demo perspective) has to cast almost every spell in his spellbook in unison just to keep up.

As for PvP, we need more survivabillity hands down, in days past healing ourselves through drains was our niche too stay alive but it was nerfed, now our only defensive abillity is Fear, i like the idea behind demonic teleport but its too impractical, 60% of the time your out of range 30% of the time you cant use it because your stunned and the other 10% of the time it works but you die anyway because you have no defensive CD's.

The badassery ofcourse, being able to slowly and painfully disintegrate my enemies into a fine powder or setting them alight with my future green fire (wink wink, nudge nudge). The concept of using evil, against evil, i love.

The feeling of me juggling my demo rotation, next to 0 burst DPS and rogues.

Affliction is fine, Demo needs less buttons to push e.g. Molten Core should be renamed something shadow orientated and empower our Shadow Bolt, Destructions mechanics need to be reworked for our "instant" DPS spec it is still too DoT based.

Green Fire

Pet model updates/pet customisation. My demon will wear what I tell him too dammit.

Defensive Abillities.

More reward for less effort in Demo asell as the Felguard being my #1 pet for all occasions. Im a Demo Lock, my pets meant to hit hard.

Destro Re-worked, Conflag should refresh Immo, not require it, Improved Soul Fire either nerfed so the buff is not so desired or Improved Imp's proc chance increased, that or give us a way to regain Soul Shards midfight as hard casting it sucks. And Chaos Bolt needs to be nastier.

Howl of Terror made instant cast (Psychic Scream)

More unique, fun class abillities e.g. things that are useful but wont exactly help us in a fight, like how mages and teleport, rogues get reduced fall damage, warriors charge, we used to be able to summon people but everyone can do that now.
    Demonic Teleport, not in my spellbook.

Green Fire.

and hey, while im at it, Lock flight form.

Eye of Kilrogg. (though im not asking for it to be taken away, i think we need more unique, fun class abillities)
Demonic Circle/Teleport-...
Summon Succubus
Drain Life
Curse of Tongues
Curse of Weakness
Curse of Exhaustion (which i should of mentiond before, needs to do more e.g. a mages slow)
Howl of Terror
Shadow Ward
Fel Flame
Shadow Flame
Enslave Demon and Searing Pain
90 Tauren Paladin
i think that the warlock could be a more interesting and fun class if u could tame more demons except call it a demon contract instead of taming :)
100 Draenei Paladin
What type of content do you focus on?
I prefer PvE but do some PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
I'd prefer to raid if it weren't so demanding

If PvP, what type of PvP?
I enjoyed arenas for a few seasons when I was able to cap all my characters in an hour or 2 for the

week. otherwise I usually just do the weekend bg's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

the "dark arts" feel of the class, the general better appearance of the class over mages

the glut of spells. the lack of given information is sad. there are so many abilities and it takes running simulations, web tools, and parsing combat logs, just to figure out which spells you should and should not be using for each spec. the spec should make it clear to the player what spells they need to use and what spells they can remove from their bar.
pet choice is confusing to some as well.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
too convoluted, affliction is the worst.

I don't like the way they changed shards. I wish shards were immediately filled on leaving combat and while in combat were replenished at a slow pace. The pace would essentially set the cooldown for using abilities that need shards except that you could blow all 3 sequentially up front if you wanted some

burst damage.

too many to name

-On my Warlock, PvE. Nerfs over the years have taken my Warlock out of PvP, just not enjoyable.

-Heroics and Raids.

-none

-Rotation, degrading utility.

-I've always enjoyed my Warlock the most of all classes I've played. Its more challenging than other classes, and the character type and his abilities (past tense) are fun for me to play.

-Rotations, long ramp on Affliction dps

-I use Affliction for Raiding, and Destruction for Heroics. I love Affliction as it's rotation is fun, not overly complicated, but the ramp time on DPS makes it just not practical for Dungeons (grinding Valor points). Thus, I use destruction, which I also love. The rotation for destruction is clunky, mostly due to the required hard casts of Soul Fire. On heavy movement fights, you just can't stop and cast Soul Fire. The long casts really just break the flow of the rotation. There are probably too many spells in our effective rotation as well.

-Rotation adjustments. I think that's pretty clear by now. Also some Utility needs to be added back to the class. Healthstones and Soulstones are great, and thanks for the Bres, (and /raises fist about Fear for CC), but I thought we were masters of all things Demon? Warlocks were the most fun to play when Demons were something useful to the group/raid, but at the same time scary if misused. I am by no means looking for Doomguards and Infernals to be running about Ironforge/Stormwind again killing everyone, but instead perhaps Warlock Guardians need to be more like hunter pets? Or perhaps Enslave Demon should be viable again? To be frank, our current guardians (Doomguard, Infernal) do not contribute enough for the cooldown required. I don't know what the right answer is with class balancing requirements, etc.., I just wish we could be Demon masters again.

(addition) - I forgot to add Chaos Bolt. It's a 31 point talent with a CD, but does not in PvE feel the least bit powerful. In Destruction, the Incinerate fillers most often do more damage than your main talent. The other tree 31 point talents feel viable, where destruction's does not.

-Of the spells which 'should' be useful, Enslave Demon, Searing Pain, Curses.
Edited by Raxx on 9/13/2011 11:29 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
Sorry if i'm too lazy to answer all of the questions, but i just wanted (too) to express how i dislike how easy it may be to dps with some classes, 2 buttons, 3 at most, and how much you have to be aware of with the lock.

Not saying make it easier for the locks, but maybe make it a little more complicated for them, i like it when things are challenging and, by that, rewarding.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
PvE and some casual PvP

Heroics and Raids

Some BGs and casual Arena play.

I’d like to see the soulstone made into a direct cast as opposed to having to create the item and use it. Some sort of change to Improved Soul Fire to make it fit Destruction’s rotation better.

My warlock has been my main since starting the game and will continue to be regardless of any dps issues simply because I find it to be the most engaging class to play in both PvE and PvP. We don’t have the largest toolbox of abilities, but if you are creative with them then some spectacular results can be achieved.

Not feeling like I contribute much beyond healthstones if I play destruction, as opposed to the spellpower buff from demo, and jinx as affliction, having to be in melee range as a caster to do maximum damage, and not being competitive in 2’s.

Affliction- Affliction’s rotation feels like it is in a good place right now. The only part of the rotation that feels off is Shadow Embrace in a multi-target situation. It is a very long cast compared to the spec’s various dots, which is understandable from a balance standpoint but clunky in actual gameplay. As the spec that specializes in dots it is somewhat disheartening to see 50% of my damage come from Shadow Bolt. I've personally always preferred Shadow Bolt as the filler spell with Drain Life remaining as utility.

Demonology- The demonology rotation is very cooldown dependent. Managing my cd’s is a fun sort of meta game while raiding with the two exceptions of the Doomguard and having to switch demons with shards and hardcasting to get the best Demon Soul. Hand of Gul’dan is an excellent addition to the spec, but the area it affects is rarely utilized for very long unless it is a burn phase for a boss which hurts the spec over a longer fight.

Destruction- Destruction’s rotation has become quite complex this expansion. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it is frustrating to have to hit so many buttons and not feel as though there is as much of a reward. I don’t mind having to keep up Improved Soul Fire, it just becomes tedious to have such a long cast in such a fast paced rotation with the added fact that Soul Fire does not hit very hard. In addition to that, Chaos Bolt is also very much on the weak side with Shadowburn only really being useful to replenish your shards in a fight with adds. I would like to see Chaos Bolt hit a lot harder since it is the end talent of the spec.

-Better uses for Soul Shards
    -A streamlined Destruction rotation
    -Signature spells feeling more powerful
    -A reduced cd on the Doomguard with some sort of debuff that goes away when you die so it can’t be used twice in an encounter.
    -Having all three specs have similar AoE potential.
    -More uses for Enslave Demon

Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave Demon
85 Worgen Warlock

PvP

Rated BG's and BG's

Reliance on pets for our damage, reliance on hard casting for destro and demo, spells within the destruction talent tree that do not scale with mastery, Ex. Shadowburn.

Big numbers and feeling threatening.

Multidotting and relying on pets for our damage.

Affliction's rotation is fine. Demonology's rotation is a bit overly complex. Destruction has too many dots, relies too much on the imp, and improved soul fire is the worst mechanic to ever exist.

Damage taken from pets and added to our spells. Make soul burn more interesting as it is only used for instant summoning demons and maintaining improved soul fire's buff in its current carnation. Some sort of dispel protection added to immolate until something is seriously done to dispels. Giving destruction some sort of boost so that corruption doesn't account for such a high amount of our dps. Bane of Havoc being removed from the game and increasing Destruction's single target damage by the amount that BoH currently does to the afflicted target. Some sort of drastic mobility increase for destruction, which is currently the most hard cast reliant spec in the game, or a decent sized buff to our direct damage spells (especially chaos bolt) so that they would actually be threatening in a pvp environment against targets with resilience.

Searing pain, eye of kilrogg, summon voidwalker.
Edited by Helling on 9/13/2011 11:30 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
In general I am a Destro lock and will be speaking from that perspective. I do not enjoy playing Afflic or Demo. As a result I may have a narrow view of the class but I will try to be as direct and constructive as possible.

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All 3, although since Destruction has lost all relevance in most cases I have not played any of them very much lately.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The CD for my DG/Infernal need to be 10 minutes debuff that is removed upon death. My pet bars/pets in general are very annoying what with them dissapearing when I zone into a new place or accept a summon or anything and them behaving erratically for no apparent reason. The start up time for a rez in battle/BG (buffs, proper pet, demon/fel armor, soul link, ETC.) ISF and the associate flight time to activate the buff combined with the short duration of the buff.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
More damage on my DD spells combined with stuns and crowd control mechanics.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to maintain and monitor several debuffs (target) and buffs (myself) to do maximum damage as a DD spec.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation for Destro is overly complicated and it is compounded by the need for re-application of ISF and the unpredictablity of the Improved Imp Talent. This is further complicated by the endless dot timers I have to maintain for each target and the limited application of BoD and BoH. (this means that I have to apply BoH to my main off target, BoA to my off off target and BoD to my main target and keep corruption on them as well as keep up ISF and try to remember to shadowflame them when the all run with in it's cone of effect all while making sure to consume my backdrafts and conflaging as soon as it is up which requires that immolate is on my target) < Even saying this makes my head hurt is it supposed to be this way???

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Migration from pet/dot damge to direct damage for the Destro spec. Limiting the requirements for off target DPSing.

■What spells do you use the least?
I do not have any pet besides the imp on my PvE bar(other than infernal/DG). I have not used searing pain in at least an expansion. For PvP I sometimes use the Succubus but it greatly decreases the ammount of pressure I can put on the opposing team and makes Demon Soul useless. The only use for unending breath is to take 2 friends to the bottom of the ocean outside of Org and summon noobs to their watery death while you chillax and watch them try to swim for their lives.

Thank you if you took the time to read this,
-Dk
Edited by Dkmang on 9/13/2011 11:29 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock
Both
Raids usually
BGs
Pet bugs, such as desummoning on some bosses, being summoned with no actionbar or an empty actionbar
I guess the "complex" rotation if you want to phrase it as such
High movement fights can blast a hole in your dps
I like it
Better scaling for Destruction I guess, also I am worried about Shadowbolt's superior scaling, eventually with enough gear it is possible because of scaling imbalances for Shadowbolt to out-DPCT both Incinerate and Soul Fire during their respective procs
Underwater breathing, since there's no real reason to go in the water.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
PvE

Heroics/ Raids

Nothing immediately comes to mind but I must commend you on removing soul shards from my bags, the reactive instead of proactive soul stone and giving us the personal summoning stone.

Complex rotations that make you pay attention, Demon form, a wealth of helpful group improving abilities, Way cool demons with some awesome names (Who ever came up with Veeghun the fel guard is an evil genius), Melting the faces of my enemies and the feeling of chaotic evil that comes with it.

Tedious ramp up in DPS, Improved Soul Fire, Lack of quality nuke spells, lack of interrupts, Tier 12 Spiderlock and Tier 13 Rainbow Squid Face.

I absolutly love Destro's rotation. It's extremely complex and engaging. I never feel bored because there is always something going on. However, for a spec that complex it should really do more damage. I mean you'd need to be a computer or spiderman in order to hit top DPS which isn't exactly amazing. And improved soul fire is a cruel joke. Either scrap it, rework it from the ground up or if you are feeling lazy just make it last a full minute instead of 15 seconds. That way I will never need to hard cast soul fire ever again.

Demo tends to go from buckets of fun to watching paint dry several times in a single fight due to cool downs a procs. But it isn't broken so don't fix it.

Not terribly familiar with affliction.

Two words, Demon Wings
I'm thinking the illegitimate child of Ghostwolf and Druid Flight Form looking like freaking awesome jet black (or dark purple, I'm not picky) dreadlord wings sticking out of my back.

Fel Flame: Thanks for the green fire but can we get it for a spell that isn't useless
Eye of Kilrogg: It does nothing but I still like it
Summon Voidwalker: Who needs this thing when you can get a Fel Guard
Summon Succubus: Outside of single target demo its only function is getting me better tips
Searing Pain: I almost forgot about this one because I seriously can't find a single use for it
Curse of weakness: Why we ever had this I don't know
Curse of tongues: You really cant use this in PvE
Enslave Demon: I will use this when I can keep the demons I enslave
Death Coil: You can't really use this in PvE
84 Undead Warlock
PvE, on this character at least.

Questing and generally just having fun with other world things. I got left behind on the whole heroics/raids train.

No longer requiring the accumulation of soul shards was a quality-of-life improvement for warlocks.

The thematic elements present in the warlock, along with the control of malevolent beings makes warlocks very fun to play, as far as I'm concerned.

Limiting the differentiation between classes (in this case, between hunters and warlocks) has made the warlock's demon to be slightly less than a hunter's pet (slightly less in that there are more combat types to choose from, yet fewer options in terms of appearance and ability). This commonality between hunter pets and warlock demons diminishes the original idea of the warlock demon (an extremely hostile entity forced into servitude under the warlock), and thus diminishes from the fun of being a warlock.

Warlock rotations are functionally fine as of right now, but the optimum use of a warlock's spells for most situations requires that many spells (the most fun spells, I'd say) be omitted from the rotation, leaving them forgotten on most occasions.

A re-skinning of warlock demons (they haven't gotten a new look since the game's beginning) and rebirth of the idea of warlocks actually having to sacrifice for what they do and how they play (which would then be implemented in re-examining the way warlocks are currently played). Also, it would be nice if the older, more fun spells (e.g. Enslave Demon, Summon Doomguard) made a comeback as more essential than they most definitely aren't at present.

Though these should not be the ones I use least (I want them to be useful because most of them are really cool spells): Enslave Demon, Eye of Kilrogg, Demon Armor, Summon Infernal, Summon Doomguard, and the Demonic Circle spells.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]