Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

85 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
PvP: Arenas and BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? As of recently, every time I Fear an opponent I am attacking, my pet drops aggro. It isn't that huge of a deal, but it does get annoying to have to spam the pet attack button immediately after I cast a Fear every single time. I would definitely consider this a quality of life issue (I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. If it is intended, perhaps there could be a way to toggle it on/off in the Interface?)

What makes playing your class more fun?Large toolbox of unique spells/abilities.

What makes playing your class less fun?Lack of Destruction Arena viability.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Improved Soul Fire is a clunky talent. Having to get a Soul Fire off ASAP in order to boost damage output forces Destro Locks is a real problem in PvP. We are forced to use Soul Burn on Soul Fire exclusively to keep this buff up.. as you aren't getting a hardcasted Soul Fire off in any serious situation.
The reliance on the IMP in order to dish out any sort of competitive damage further cripples Destro's "rotation" in PvP. With such reliance on Imp damage, the Burning Embers DoT, keeping corruption up and Bane of Havoc to keep pressure... Destruction's design has went from a burst spec to another DoT spec that is weaker than Affliction. Many players have chosen Destruction in the past because of it's "burst" playstyle (similar to that of a Mage). Now it has been reduced to what is probably one of the least bursty specs in the game.

Demon Soul's design also is a culprit of pigeonholing Destro into using the Imp. However, competitive Destro Warlocks simply can't afford to be using the Imp over the FelHunter or Succubus and if it means never using Demon Soul at all then that is something they are willing to do. I wish it weren't this way and that PvP Destro Warlocks could take advantage of Demon Soul as well.

What’s on your wish list for your class?A buff to Destro. Here are my ideas:

1. Damage (specifically burst damage)- A change to the spec's current DoT reliant design and more emphasis on burst. For example... shifting the majority of the damage from the Imp demon, Burning Embers and Corruption ticks into Incinerate, Chaos Bolt and Conflagurate. Right now, on my Frost Mage (in comparable gear) I'm critting for ~18-20k with Ice Lance on 3500+ resil targets and 25-30k with Frost Bolt. My Destro Warlock, however, is averaging 10-12k crits with Chaos Bolt on the same targets and 6-8k crits with Incinerate. It doesn't seem right that Ice Lance, an instant cast ability with no cooldown is capable of doubling the damage done by Chaos Bolt; a 31pt talent with a 2.5s cast time and a 12s cooldown. It's hard enough to cast in this game right now as it is... can there be any reward for doing so?

2. Dispel Protection- Cataclysm changed the game significantly. Every healer given a defensive dispel has been crushing for Destro as the spec is extremely reliant on keeping Immolate up in order to deal damage. In fact, almsot every Destruction spell is linked to Immolate in some way. Right now, stripping a Destro Lock of his ability to deal out damage is as easy as hitting your dispel button once. That means no Conflagurate, no Immolate DoT damage, no Backdraft buff and even weaker hardcasted spells. Not like the hard casted spells are dealing significant damage as they are right now anyways... but it's still better than the nothing that you are left with when Immolate is dispelled. Now, I'm not asking for Unstable Affliction protection here.. just SOMETHING to force an enemy team's healer to make a decision before deciding to dispel Immolate and thus negate almost all of a Destro Lock's damage.

3. Mobility. Another change Cataclysm brought was the incorporation of an interrupt for every melee class with the same, short cooldown. This change posed a big threat to the classes that have a heavy reliance on casting in PvP, such as Destro Warlocks, Fire Mage and Elemental Shamans. To deal with the changes, you have given Fire Mages and Elemental Shamans the ability to cast certain spells while moving. I think this was a good idea and surely was necessary to balance the interrupt changes. However, Destro was left in the dust and received no such balance change. We are still forced to stand and hardcast our abilities. I've seen many Destro players recommend an idea of allowing Incinerate/Chaos Bolt to be casted while under the effects of Backdraft. This would allow a more balanced response to the interrupt state of the game and surely add to Destro's viability in Arena.

What spells do you use the least?
Searing pain has really lost any use in Destro PvP. In addition the Improved Searing Pain talent is equally as useless right now. I'd also like to see the Voidwalker's Sacrifice ability scale with spell power and become of some use again.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
i mainly enjoy the PvP BGs and some heroics as a dest lock ...

as far a quality of life issue i get tired of doing the hokey pokey when i res in a bg - i have to cast soul link (sometimes have to summon my pet first), then i have to cast armor, then cast dark intent, then life tap to restore mana, the refresh my shards and my health before i can join in the fray (and that's also after taking my pet off passive). i watch others res and run, but, i have to do the hokey pokey before i can move.

And speaking of pets ... how about fixing the disappearing pet bar. and I really wish you'd put back in the aggressiveness of my pet so i could detect those nasty stealth rogues and druids - i mean, my pet's from hell too right?

i also don't understand why warlocks are not the master of "Fear" ... if i studied fear from the depths of hell you'd think i'd know how to avoid it most of the time - in the BGs and the dungeons. And with that thought I'd think I'd see less "Immunes" to death coil, fear, and howl of terror (which is more like howl of chuckles sometimes)

as far as the BGs go ... i really really miss the 2-24 hour battles in AV. most of your players don't know anything about Ivus or Lok'holar. it would be nice if you'd just pull out the old code and update the npc's for lvl 85 players. (maybe even the concept of "Honor" should be returned as well)

What makes playing your class more fun? Warlocks have to know wtf they're doing or they are pretty much worthless. The fact that we have to think before is an achievement of our own and other players do appreciate our efforts.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I hear a lot of people cry about this. I don't mind the rotation, however, I do miss watching a lot of graphics when downing a boss because I'm too focused on cool downs. But if I didn't like it at all, I'd roll a mage.

What’s on your wish list for your class? a class specific mount would be great. you killed off the feeling of accomplishment with the removal of the dreadsteed quest. (in fact you can't even show anyone because it requires the use of shards from your bags) Neither do I think you should give us a mount nor do I think it should be drop from some boss; but, rather a quest that guild members can join in and help us to achieve.

A little help on some of the destro spell would be appreciated. I really hate taking the effort to cast Soul Fire only to see "Immune" or "Absorbed" on the screen. I mean ... that's our Sunday punch and the very least it should do is get someone's attention.

What spells do you use the least? curse of exhaustion and searing pain. i hear others say Eye of Kilrogg ... but if you don't have a rogue in your party when you do ICC this is the only other way to trip the traps prior to clearing the mobs. And I do shoot my wand ... i kill the frogs in org when i'm bored *laff*

85 Undead Warlock
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I do Heroics mostly at the moment, but have done progression raiding in the past.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

My wish is for an awesome change to the Demonology tree. It would be that the 31 point talent be split into two choices like it is in the Fury Warrior tree. The first choice would be a cool down based Metamorphosis similar to the way it is now, adding a % damage increase and reducing stuns and snares. It would also act like the 31 point talent for Beast Mastery Hunters, allowing Demonology Warlocks to use the Enslave Demon ability to permanently enslave "Exotic" demons like a Beast Master Hunter tames pets. This would let Demonology Warlock have a wider selection of demons to bring to the raid, adding buffs and and needed raid abilities (Ancient Hysteria, Embrace of the Shale Spider, Furious Howl, Qiraji Fortitude, Roar of Courage, etc.). The second 31 point talent choice would also be a Metamorphosis talent, but this talent would change it from a cool down talent to a stance, giving increased armor, reduced chance to be hit in melee, increased threat, and the ability to summon demons instantly for changing demons quickly. Demonologist could now be in Metamorphosis "form" full time when talented, adding another tanking class. While tanking, the pet that you are using could give different tanking cool downs or abilities, like having the Voidwalker out would give the Sacrifice ability adding an absorption shield for 10 seconds on a 30 second cool down. Or the Felguard, increased AoE capability for multi target tanking, or the Felhunter for interupts, etc. Or, instead of having a pet out at all, Demonic Empowerment could be changed back to consuming the summoned demon when its the Voidwalker, giving the tanking Warlock additional stamina and the Sacrifice absorption shield. Demon Armor would be used for additional armor and healing, and for a tanking rotation you would put up your Curse, Bane, Corruption, and Immolate (would have to be changed to instant cast), and then Searing Pain would be the main ability used for high threat strikes on a single target, applying a stacking debuff, and then a new finishing ability could be used to have a high damage attack once Searing Pain is stacked. Immolation Aura, Shadowflame, and the old Demon Cleave ability could be brought back for multi target tanking. And Demon Leap is still around for the fun factor and a quick threat pick up.

Anyways, that was alot of ideas just off the top of my head, I hope you think some of them were good. :)
87 Orc Warlock
Both

Heroic Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Our guardian demons need to be more available. In it's current form during progression I can use the doomguard every other attempt.
-Demons disappearing during fights, Sinestra and Cho'gall come to mind.
-Removing the item soul stone and just having the spell.
-ISF feels clunky to keep up.

What makes playing your class more fun?
-a variety of dps builds and spells that are similar but different than a mage. DoTs, heavy hitting direct damage spells and a pet!

What makes playing your class less fun?
-Difficulty facing melee opponents, especially now that they all have self healing, interrupts and gap closers. Without a teleport placed up high getting away from melee to actually cast something is near impossible. Especially with all of the gap closers that melee have, and that they all have multiple panic buttons.
-Waiting 10 minutes to use the doomguard/infernal again. (try a 5 min cd with a player debuff)
-Soul Shards were supposed to do really cool things, as afflict they don't do much of anything, as demo it helps with Pet Swapping which is a clunky design, and destro it is just a quality of life on keeping ISF up.
-Disappearing pet bar.
-Nukes that don't hit hard

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Affliction
-The affliction rotation is pretty good the way it is, I'd prefer to have SE stack on the player instead. There need to be more dots, 3 doesn't seem like enough.

Demonology
-The Demonology rotation is too slow. You and your pet are really strong and powerful every 2 minutes, but having to demon swap to maximize dps is annoying, in addition the doomguard CD makes it difficult to use during progression (on CD every other pull). In the execute phase, you would think that soul fire would hit really hard, but honestly it is just too weak and doesn't help with impending doom, so a little disappointing. We get this really cool pet, but we still use the Felhunter single target.

Destruction
-I really don't like this spec due to having to keep up ISF.

-Demonic Empowerment
-Teleport usable while stunned.
-A pet sac which buffs the warlock, designers continue to ignore pet classes.
-Tamable demons
-Dispel protection for Immolate.
-Abilities need to scale, void walker sac is 8k, it was 10k in wrath.
-Buff soul shard spells, they should hit really hard.
-Remove Soul Stone item, make the spell work like the item, and reduce the cast time.
-Even though demons are really cool, I would like the see the demonology spec make the felguard buff you even more. I hate looking at my logs and seeing doom guard doing 20K dps and the felhunter shadow bite being my hardest hitting abilities. I'd like for the pets to buff the lock not the lock buff the pet.
-Fix ISF and destro to be built more around hard hitting nukes and less dots.
-Add another dot to affliction.
-Drain mana back.
-Felhunter auto dispel, and also friendly player dispel magic.

-Eye of Kilrogg
-Searing Pain
-Curse of Weakness
Edited by Sohalè on 9/13/2011 12:26 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Cant really think of any at the moment

■What makes playing your class more fun?
DOTs are fun (need more) Warlock gear is consistantly the best looking in the game once in a while there will be a wtf set but for the most part they look very cool

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The madness that is the current Destruction spec

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Affliction is decent except for Shadowbolt spam, Destruction...Should play like a suicidal Mage not an Affliction/Mage hybrid

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Class flying mount
AOE DOT
Permanant Metamorphosis, I would much rather this be nerfed and turned permanant than be a 30 sec buff thats just a tease and nobody likes a tease.

■What spells do you use the least?
Eye of kilrogg, Felflame, Enslave Demon
85 Goblin Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593048778?page=1

Have had a list for months
85 Orc Warlock

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pets bugging and becoming inactive when entering instances and/or pet bars despawning.
Survivability in PVP. We are a free HK and everyone knows it.

ENSLAVE DEMON
SEARING PAIN
UNENDING BREATH
CHAOS BOLT
100 Orc Warlock
[quote]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I mainly PVE

I do all PVE types- mostly Raids now

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Outside of Destruction- the soulburn effect is not very usefull, not provides a combat advantage. Also there is a long list of useless spells.

What makes playing your class more fun? Locks have a very complex spell rotation and amusing effects. It takes a lot of skill to master the class.

For Destruction, the rotation is very complex for a Burst DPS class. For Demo, the cooldowns are a pain and the soulfire aspect is a pain.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Too complex for destruction, just right for other branches.

A true tanking aspect (think Meta)
A demon flying form
A revamp of Chaos Bolt or something else for Destro's last talent slot.
More demon types for minions
A complete revamp of Voidwalker (it is completely useless).

Searing pain is the worst, enslave demon is ussseless at upper levels
Edited by Dayzzee on 9/13/2011 12:40 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Both

Currently heroics.

Mostly bg's.

Nothing I can think of as far as quality of life goes.

Destroying things. Or slowly draining away at an enemy's soul. I enjoy the many options I have as a warlock to cause chaos and destruction.

ISF (yuck!), buggy pets, and well, I want more green fire!

As destro I am really hating ISF. It just doesn't feel right. If there was a way to alter it, maybe make the buff last longer, or have it refreshed by another spell, maybe chaos bolt.
As demo, I really have no complaints, it feels pretty well overall.
I haven't played affliction in awhile so I can't comment too much, but I will say that I really enjoyed drain life in the rotation. It had a nice flow.

I would like to see some changes to ISF. I would also like to see some changes to Chaos Bolt. For a 31 point talent, and a spell that is on a cooldown, it feels weak. I would also like to see Drain Life return to the affliction rotation.

Searing Pain, Enslave Demon (due to lack of demons).
100 Undead Warlock
Both

25 Player Heroic Raiding

Battlegrounds, some Rated Battlegrounds and Some Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I think the biggest thing that irritates me most about my class is pet control. While it's been vastly improved over this expansion, I think it could use some fine touches. For example, when I stand at point A instead of point B on Sinestra, why does my Fel Hunter insist on running all the way behind the boss to melee her. On Alystrazor, why does my Fel Hunter suddenly despawn sometimes when I'm flying (and she's actually closer to the ground at those points). Sometimes my pet bar is completely unavailable, also causing my pet actions and abilities to be unavailable?
The inability to make a macro for Soul Swap and Soul Swap exhale with a shift modifier and keep it on your action bars.
Also, can we just make Soulstone a spell?

My favorite spec by a long shot is Affliction. The most fun I have is excelling at multiple target damage in a PvE setting.
One thing I really miss is the requirement to use a Warlock as a ranged tank. It was loads of fun in Burning crusade. I realize with 10 Player Raids, it would be impractical to require that from a Warlock specifically, so just a caster tank fight in general would be nice. Perhaps in 25 Player Raids, it would be most ideal to have a Warlock. I'd like to see a better use for Soul Burn for Single Target dps. Perhaps have Haunt leave a dot or something interesting for Drain Soul.

What makes playing your class less fun? Requiring heavy burst is usually the weakest point of the warlock. Every spec has some form of ramp-up. Rooms that don't allow Demonic Circle. Pet-unfriendly encounters.

Affliction: For single target, I think it could be a little more dynamic, but mostly good as it is. Incorporating a proc that would allow you to squeeze out extra damage with Drain Life would be pretty awesome. For multiple target, I think Affliction relies to heavily on debuffs like Haunt and Shadows Embrace to be able to effectively compete with a Shadow Priest. While this allows the spec to be more powerful versus one target, I think it gimps multiple target damage a bit. It would be nice if Seed of Corruption used less mana.

Demonology: Mostly, great as it is.

Destruction: Improved Soul Fire feels like to much of a hassle. It makes the spec feel FAR too high-maintenance. Rain of Fire feels difficult to use in many AoE situations.

Overall: Stronger Guardian cooldown for Affliction and Destruction.
Flying Mount
And of course, GREEN FIRE.
A PvE racial for those of us that just love the Undead class.

Affliction: Less debuff reliant multidotting.
A use for Soul Burn for Single Target.
Reduced mana cost on Seed for better single target to AoE transition feel.
A dynamic use of Drain Life for Affliction (not as our main filler).
Shadow cutters!!!!
A powerful, channeled AoE cooldown (Like an AoE drain life).
Traps that, when triggered, cast Fear on the unsuspecting enemy.
I would like to see a use for the Jinx talent other than AoE Elements on bosses.

Demonology: I would like to see the Felguard as the most used Single Target Pet.
An army of Imps or Void Walkers, similar to Army of the Dead.
A lot of people want to make Metamorphosis as a permanent form. I disagree. I think having it as a cooldown makes for better dynamic play.

Destruction: Revamp Improved Soul Fire! It makes the spec feel so clunky and high-maintenance.
Rain of Fire just feels like a bad spell. It's hard to use, and never really does enough damage. Perhaps let it channel faster and leave a fiery dot?
Molten seeds. Thank you, Staghelm.
More mobility in PvP.
Dispel protection in PvP.

Eye of Kilrogg (like, never)
Enslave Demon (I really want to use it on a boss again!)
Searing Pain
Edited by Moobàllsbob on 9/13/2011 1:14 PM PDT
85 Orc Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raiding

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The fact my guardian is hardly ever usable on multiple attemps. Disappearing pet bars.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The fact you don't see many good warlocks around anymore due to complex roations (compared to other classes)

The fact my guardian is hardly ever usable on multiple attemps. Disappearing pet bars.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I have no issue with demo. Destro needs a little working. ISF is just... I dunno, not right.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Guardians be put on a timer like Lust and Time Warp. 5 minute cooldown with a 10 minute summoning exhuastion.

Just for cosmitics... purple fire.

■What spells do you use the least?

Rain of Fire
Eye of Killrog
Searing Pain
100 Undead Warlock
My background, for context: my warlock was my first character, and it has been my main since vanilla. I manage to use the default UI with great efficiency and very minimal add-on support. Current specs are Demonology (PVE) and Affliction (PVP).

- What type of content do I focus on:
PVE primarily; PVP occasionally

- Type of PVE:
Raids

- Type of PVP:
Battlegrounds (non rated)

- Biggest quality of life issues:
1) As Demonology, the ground aura created by Hand of Guldan is really problematic. More and more encounters are being designed with lots of movement involved, and it is virtually impossible to expect a tank to keep the target within that area for the relatively small DPS gain that it affords us.
2) As Affliction, due to the nature of Shadow Embrace as a stacking debuff, effectively keeping DOTs rolling on multiple targets is rather punishing.
3) The time difference between Bane of Agony's 24-second duration and Soul Swap's (glyphed) 30-second cooldown is a bit aggravating.

- What makes playing my class more fun:
I love the overall flavor, and the near-limitless mana.

- What makes playing my class less fun:
Soulburn has little to no compelling mechanics for PVE, outside of the rare occasion of needing to resummon a demon that was carelessly allowed to die. Also, maybe I'm just bad at it, but my warlock feels too squishy in PVP compared to other classes (including other cloth wearers).

- How do I feel about my rotation:
I oscillate between Affliction and Demonology for raiding, and in both cases, I find the rotations to have just the right amount of complexity, while staying fun.

- What's on my wish list for my class:
1) GREEN FIRE! :)
2) Please give me a legitimate reason to use my Succubus that a) does not reduce my raid buff utility, and b) does not require a glyph. (And no, saying "she's for CC" does not count).
3) Make Soulburn more interesting for PVE (e.g. Shadow Bolt Volley, or more AOE DOT spreading, similar to the current SB: Seed of Corruption mechanic).
4) Change Enslave Demon into a transmogrification-like mechanic where we can acquire different "skins" from similar demons that could be applied to our existing demons, like changing the Succubus to look like a Shivan, or the Felhunter to look like a Felhound, etc.
5) Regarding Hand of Guldan, instead of placing the aura on the ground, I would prefer that the effect be a debuff placed on the primary target of the spell, which applies an aura that affects all other nearby targets. The stun aspect of the Aura of Foreboding talent would have to be removed, but I honestly don't think anyone would miss that.
6) Regarding Shadow Embrace, instead of a debuff that stacks on the target, I would prefer that the effect be a buff that stacks on the warlock.
7) Eliminate the Glyph of Bane of Agony, and give Bane of Agony a flat 30-second duration.

- What spells do I use the least:
Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Eye of Kilrogg, and Demon Leap.

Big thanks to everyone over at Blizzard for all your hard work. Keep it up!
85 Orc Warlock

Currently, PvE as my work/marriage schedule does not permit doing both. I love PvP too! Just can dedicate the time and progress on HM content.

Raids - 10m HMs currently in FL. I am a Vanilla player that enjoys taking on the problem solving aspect of the game and not so much the grind part.

When I did PvP, I loved 2v2 Arena and Pre-made BGs

• I love the new soul shard resource mechanic. It's much better than having to stockpile 50+ like in the old days before a raid.

• I do not love the number of buttons we have to press in Demo or Affliction over what other classes seem to do with no significant additional returns.

• Pet bugs often make me grumble too. Having to resummon my pet everytime I go into an instance or a fight starts because they are bugged out or the action bar decides to go on holiday is frustrating. The worst is when I don't notice until like 1-2 minutes into the fight and see my dps is in the tank.

• I like that summoning people is still our bag baby. Mass summon only works at the entrance, but I can bring you door to door.

• Similar to above, I do not like that demons sometimes take a lot of micro management instead of being smart. I have to have lots of macros to make them act the way I want, but what I would really like is a rainbow six like interface where I can set rules for my pet so it does things I want it to do

• Demonform!! Lots of cool points there Bliz

• Having pets for every occasion

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    too many options that in the end require more action management than other classes, but offer little in return

It's complicated. I am primarily demo because that is where the DPS is at this patch and it takes me three macros perfectly timed to get my optimal DPS output on a boss fight. If I screw up one thing, my DPS tanks considerably. Once fights are up and running, the rotation seems manageable, but can get hectic with other raid mechanics thrown into the mix.

• Demonic flying form or Demonic class mount. Please. Please. Please. I did the quest chain in Vanilla for the epic mount, infernal, doomguard and it was very rewarding. Give me more of that please.

• Fixing deathcoil to make it useful in a Raid environment especially after nerfing drain life.

• Cooler looking gear with more a demony (it's totally a word) feel. T6 was great as was the first few tiers. Other than that it has been one bland cloth dress after another. Make me look like I sold my soul to the devil.

• More Soulburn effects - there is not a great soul burn effect for demo spec. Make one please (sorry that is not really constructive, but you asked for my wish list)

• Bring Drain Mana back - we are supposed to be the dot/drain class. Let me dot and drain stuff

• Deathcoil

• Drain life (post nerf)

• Curse of Weakness

• Shadow Ward

• Unending Breath

• Curse of Tongues
    90 Blood Elf Warlock
    The forum ate my original, more detailed post. Here it is in brief.

PvE

Heroics and Raids.

Pet issues:
    - Pet bar disappearing bug
    - Pets bugging out on certain encounters (eg. Nefarian in Blackwing Descent, where your pet teleports to your location and stays on top of you after entering the arena, and won't move to attack unless you resummon it)
    - Pets limiting the Warlock's ability to fully benefit from certain raid mechanics (eg. Alysrazor, where the pet hampers the Warlock's ability to go into the air due to it despawning as well as not benefiting from the buffs from the rings).

Also, glyphed Fear being the only crowd control ability that still aggros enemies, in addition to its short duration, makes it a major pain to use, compared to similar abilities of other classes.

Previously, it was the diversity of specs. It was nice being able to switch from making the person decay with DoTs to having a monster pet to being a "dark mage" all within one class.

The specs are too similar. All three specs use the same number of DoTs (Destruction actually uses more if you count Burning Embers, despite it being the nuke spec). All three specs derive a significant amount of damage from the pet. The specs have blurred together to the point where not much changes between them except the names of the spells you're casting and the graphical effects.

Destruction's rotation feels incredibly clunky, due to needing to maintain Improved Soul Fire. Soul Fire's cast time is long and the buff needs to be refreshed very frequently. Affliction's rotation is better, but it suffers a lot on weaker enemies that die quickly. Even if you Soul Swap your DoTs onto a target, by the time you have Haunt and three stacks of Shadow Embrace up it's often already half dead from being beaten up by other DPS with less ramp-up. The situation is worse when you don't have Soul Swap available.

- Damage shifted away from the pet for Affliction and Destruction.
    - Destruction to actually feel like a nuke spec again (its nukes hit for way too little, especially Chaos Bolt, which feels less like a 31 point talent and more like Green Incinerate)
    - Return of Demonic Sacrifice to make viable "Mage-esque" builds and to give us an option on encounters where pets don't work well (probably won't happen, but I can hope).
    - Glyph of Green Fire (replaces the graphics of our fire spells with their "Fel" equivalents that many NPCs use)

- Unending Breath. Since you're almost always given a much more powerful swim speed and water breathing buff if you're ever tasked with going underwater. it feels like a poor substitute for Water Walking and Path of Frost even with the glyph.
    - Summon Succubus. Affliction's demon is the Felhunter. Destruction's is the Imp. Demonology's is presumably the Felguard, though there are some issues on that front. The Voidwalker has his uses while soloing, but the Succubus feels like a DPS pet searching for a fourth spec that doesn't exist.
    - Enslave Demon. It was lots of fun in Burning Crusade, but there's hardly anything to enslave nowadays that is actually better than our regular pets. Any update on that idea that was mentioned a long time ago about letting us enslave the NPC red Imps, armoured Voidwalkers, etc. to change the appearance of our pets?
    - Eye of Kilrogg. It's useless, but please don't remove it. It's fun, and I know a lot of Hunters were sad when Eyes of the Beast, which was similar, got the axe.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock

PvP, mostly. I do some PvE, but not much.

If anything, heroics. Sometimes if I feel up to it I'll do Baradin Hold with my guild, but that's about it. I don't really enjoy PvE (Not because of the class) :P

Arenas and BGs.

Nothing much..........one thing I guess for me would be our DoTs. We are, after all, the DoT based class, aren't we? I don't think ANY of the other classes should have DoTs comparable to ours. And what happened to our 'draining' specializing? I think we should get back mana drain; we can't be called a class that specializes in drains when we only have one really useful one. I understand the problem with drain mana and why it was taken away. I think it can be fixed it perhaps like if maybe it drained mana, gave you some, but didn't take anyway from the target. One last thing are our curses. I don't think we have enough curses. I think that we should have a special mechanic for our curses; make them more situational and useful. And another thing about curses.....Just a pet peeve of mine is how Curse of Tongues and Curse of Weakness only last a small amount of time, unlike Curse of Elements. I think they should stay on the target until the target dies, you die, or aggro is lost.

Sorry about the long complaining, but sometimes I think it's a shame, our class right now. I know you're trying your best Blizzard. You guys have always done a great job at keeping the classes balanced yet unique at the same time, but right now Warlocks are an exeption. The balance is there....but I don't think we are very unique. We just aren't SPECIAL. Mages, our nemesis, are special for there crazy burst damage and slippery-ness. And they are the the best at it; more then any of the other classes! Our DoTs are just as good as any of the other classes, if not maybe a TINY bit better. I know change in moderation is how it's supposed to go, but I think Warlocks just need to be completely re-imagined.

Being the underdog class is pretty rewarding; more so then any of the other classes!

OKAY........I don't think I really need to answer any of the other questions.......I went perhaps a little overboard on that other question. But I answered everything.

Thank you so much Blizzard for reading! I appreciate your guys's work so much! Sorry if what I said sounded in anyway rude. :P
    90 Goblin Warlock
    PvE

Heroic raid progression

-

Shadowflame being part of every spec rotation forcing min-maxing player to be in melee range. For a caster/range that makes no sense but DPS benefit of that spell is too huge to ignore it.

More deeeeeeps! :)

Less deeps! :(

Affliction: Way to slow ramp up time. Execute range feels broken due to need to stop channeling drain soul in order to refresh haunt and sbolt debuf. Shadowflame is part of rotation -> I have to stay in melee range. Haunt is sort of slow reaching the target.

Demo: Doomguard accounts for ~10% of my damage done (on ~6min fights). Not really reliable on progression due to very long 10min cool down. Execute range feels weak. Shadowflame again is part of rotation forcing me to be in melee range in order to maximize dps. Too much damage baked into metamorphosis feels really bad when you cant capitalize on that srong cd due to encounter mechanics. Pet swapping mid fight to max dps has to go.

Destro: Improved Soul Fire. Every 10-15sec it litterally takes all fun away. So nice dynamic rotation get stalled by a hand brake: ISF. Chaos bolt feels pretty same as Incinerate. It's not a strong nuke as one would expect. Too many dots to maintain (Corruption really?). Did I mention Shadowflame forcing a ranged/caster to stay in melee? Lack of real execute nuke.

Guardians on 3min CD!! Adjust them if need be but make them part of every encounter.

Enslave demon, Searing Pain, Summon Voidwalker (i think i used that one only once or twice while leveling)
    85 Goblin Warlock
    *Both

*Heroics & Raids

*Arenas(sometimes) and mostly BGs

*I have compiled some i posted about a few months ago.

A Fluid feeling rotation and less clunkyness. I love affliction, Always have. I love dots and maintaining them. The Spec flows nicely.

*Having to stack Shadow Embrace, Long cast times (Unless they are drains) Such as ISF, I hate being so dependent on my pet, he turns into a liability at times. Things that make the class less fun are things in my post i was trying to suggest to help fix (within reason)

*Love the rotation don't like having pet be so strong in affliction, I understand Demo, but don't like its weight in Destro/affliction. Personally id like to see Affliction have stronger dots and a little less of a ramp up time.

Aff = Dot strong
    Demo = Pet strong
    Destro = Casts strong

In my compile I list clearly what id like to see with the class.

Depends what spec I am in.

Enslave demon (no demons to enslave)
    SP (Why do i want threat)
    Weakness (unless pvp)

85 Human Warlock
    Everybody has posted some pretty nice responses so far, guess I'll throw in my two cents.

I focus on PvE. Long ago, at level 30ish, I dabbled into BGs. However, endgame PvP is too overwhelming for my tastes.

I run heroics like every other guy, and I do enjoy raiding. I just haven't raided on this character much, which is a shame considering he is my main. I'm also sucker for questing and especially soloing.

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. First off, I'm a happy camper with the soul shard change. My biggest quality-of-life issues is my healthstone. Nobody seems to like using the little bugger. May I suggest that they receive charges, perhaps 5-10, but with some kind of internal limit like potions? Once they realize that they are not a one-time deal, other players may feel more encouraged to use them.

Survivability. With the changes in cata, we lost a lot of this. The reasoning is sound, you did not want us to have to ignore unavoidable damage, but it still feels as if a part of the class was taken away. If mages are the casters that dart around the room, rooting and slowing mobs in between casts, letting nothing touch them, warlocks should be that monster in the center of the room, just taking all the hits and gaining that life back. It was one of our unique things, being able to forsake DPS for survivability.

The fact that our playstyle feels like a chore. Currently, all three specs feel the same, with slight variations. While number wise we are fine, we need to have a little bit of fun in our rotations.

Also, our lore. As a story nerd, it feels as if any warlock in the story is either evil or insane. The overall vibe i get from my class quests (which I went through again in cata) is that I am supposed to control the fel energies and not become corrupted. So, there must be some awesome warlocks out there like us. Perhaps we'll get a nice role in a future xpac, like shamans and druids got in cata.

There are aspects i love and I hate. Each spec does have a certain unique thing they want to do, but it seems overshadowed by the baseline "warlock" rotation of basic dots and cooldowns. Personally, I feel more of that baseline should be excluded from certain specs. Ex: Burning Embers gets buffed and fills in the same debuff slot as Corruption, allowing Destros to care less about dots and more about burst. Currently, with all the stuff that I have to worry about, the entire rotation feels too overwhelming.

-Allow us to change the model of our current demons in a way similar to how hunters tame pets.
    -Buff voidwalker a bit so that he is not completely useless.
    -Give us back some of our health regeneration.
    -Make more demonic looking teir sets. Batman was meh, spiderman was silly, cthullu seems okay.
    -More lore pressence. Perhaps some cool warlock role models.
    -Expand the list of soul burnable spells. Make it matter more.
    -Flying dreadsteed. Don't care how much it costs.

Souls Burn in Demonology- I rarely find myself finding something decent to soulburn other than pet switching.
    Voidwalker- Even in leveling, he quickly gets outshined. He should be our little "Oh no, the tank died!" button.
    Succubus- I think I was asked to seduce something once, when the xpac first came out. Never tried again.
    Ritual of Summoning- Now that we all have the guild perk, this is never asked of me.
    Drain Life- I loved it when this was part of my rotation. Now, it barely changes my HP.
    Searing Pain- It still baffles me why this is even in my spell book. as far as I'm aware, there are no fights requiring a caster tank in cata.
    Curse of Tongues- It erases my Curse of Elements and barely has any impact.
    _________________________________________________________________________-
    I love this toon. It was my first experience with this game. However, my priest seems to be getting all of my attention, and it breaks my burning evil heart. I want to feel like the ruthless malefic, selfishly keeping myself alive and killing, no matter the cost. Now, I feel like caster number 54. You guys have created so many great things in this game, I know that you can give warlocks the necessary stuff they need.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]