Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pet disappearing upon entering zones and vehicles.
What makes playing your class more fun?
unique abilities
What makes playing your class less fun?
Homogenization.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction---was nice with the drain life filler, it felt most affliction life. Shadow bolt filler feels out of place.
Demo--same complaint is shadow bolt feels out of place.
Destro--Improved soulfire is so cluncky, a 3 second cast that is used to refresh a damage buff is terrible. Not to mention it does little damage itself. Also chaos bolt feels fine however is its damage is lackluster to say the least.
What’s on your wish list for your class?
Bring back Drain life as a filler, even if the life giving part is nerfed. A lot of affliction talents buff this spell, which to me indicate it should be worth casting. Buff chaos bolt or have it replace ISF.Also work searing pain into the rotaion, I started playing in BC and only have used this spell as a taunt, (With the exception of those glorious 2-3 days in wrath when it was made extremely overpowered) Get shadow bolt in the demo as it seems to fit best there. Do something with metamorphosis along the lines of making it a perma form similiar to shadow for spriests
Also make enslave demon do something. I love enslaving demons, however there seems to be no use for it, no demon does enough damage that it needs to be cc'd. Nor are there any npc demons that do something one of my summoned demons can't do.(meaning I don;t need them for thier abilities)
What spells do you use the least?
Searing pain
Drain life (in its current nerfed state)
Enslave demon(since BC)
85 Undead Warlock
PvE with a little PvP on the side

Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Random BG's only

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
No big cooldowns except Doomguard/Infernal. And the fact that the CD doesn't reset is an issue when trying to learn a boss. Makes it easy to miss burn phases on Domo, or is just missed entirely if the fight finishes quicker on the second pull.

Affliction is a great spec. There's a lot to pay attention to, and managing all my abilities and still remembering to use Shadowflame when I'm in range of the boss is really fun. Having a battle rez is more fun too, though I would like to see an increased range on the Brez.

Soulburn is a fairly wasted ability except for AoE as affliction. Having only the options to cast an instant cast Soul Fire or save it for AoE adds is a bit annoying. Also the lack of ability to increase my running speed, if even only a bit for a short time outside of Soulburn: Demonoic Teleporter.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I play Affliction as my main spec, and don't really get around to the other two, but I have no problem with the rotation in affliction.

More utility out of Souldburn. Something closer to what was said at Blizzcon, "Soulburn makes all of your abilities cooler." Just any improvement over what we have now would be appreciated.

Affliction needs some kind of on demand burst DPS other than an instant cast Soul Fire (because that doesn't give the burst needed on the transitions on Rag), or some kind of a stun on CC immune mobs. Destro and Demonology both have one, but Aff got left out in the cold on that one.

I'd love to see Demonology turn into a tanking tree. Give us Demon Form like druids have Bear Form.

Also, the affliction DPS tree doesn't have any real choice when it comes to picking talents. I understand it has a lot to do with it being the primary PvP tree, but ignoring the PvP talents you don't get the choice that you do with other trees or other classes. In the end, I understand there will always be a "right" way to do things, but the illusion of choice is still nice to have.

Eye of Kilrogg. It has no use outside of BG's, and even then, it's relatively limited.

Felflame. The single most useless ability on any fight that doesn't require too much movement. Even on fights that require heavy movement, the amount of Fel Flames you can get off doesn't help too much considering how low the damage output of it is. You're almost better off firing a SB: Soul Fire, and then stopping to cast a Shadowbolt, or hope Nightfall procs.

The Voidwalker is the most useless pet except for the shield every minute. The threat generation of the Blueberry doesn't scale up with the warlock's level at all. I understand you don't want the pets to be able to tank a raid boss anymore (and they shouldn't be able to), but there's no reason that while soloing I pull aggro off the Blueberry after DoT'ing up the mob and then casting Haunt. The mob is on me the second haunt hits because the VW just can't do anything. And the 2 min cooldown on Demon Soul makes that threat transfer negligible.
90 Goblin Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? PvP

All of them
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Survivability against melee in 1v1 as affliction. DK's shut us down completely for an example. Most classes have more gap closers then we have openers. Sometimes the shared diminishing returns fear with priests.

What makes playing your class more fun? A great utility/ CC class when it comes to team play.

What makes playing your class less fun? Some abilities have not scaled properly in Cataclysm (Shadow ward, Voidwalker Sacrifice)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) To me it is fine as affliction. Destro requires ISF for max damage.

1-2 more gap openers. Or a spell similar to mages iceblock, pally's bubble (immune to everything) etc...

Voidwalker sacrifice
eye of killrogg
Searing pain
60 Goblin Warlock
Both, currently leveling a new lock on a new server

Raids, heroics

Arenas and BGs

Nothing really, locks are in a decent spot I think.

The playstyle, I love affliction to death.

The slow and steady method of dealing damage.

I miss drain life filler, shadowbolt doesn't fit the Affliction spec at all. You guys need to bring it back, or something. Having a drain spell felt so much more satisfying than casting shadowbolt

Drain life filler being brought back.

Soulburn, Searing Pain, Summon Voidwalker
Edited by Xenophagist on 9/13/2011 1:30 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
I do both but mainly PVE due to warlocks massive squishiness

If PVE, what type?
All; dailies, raids and 5 mans.

If PVP, what type?
Battlegrounds mostly.

What are your biggest quality of life issues?
You should give warlocks more pets to choose from or allow us to permanently enslave demons like hunters can tame pets. Also, make warlock summon require a reagent instead of other players like the Mage port. Needing other people kindof makes it useless in most situations.

I like the evil, darkside feel of warlocks. Refreshing oasis in the goofy, Saturday morning cartoon feel that is the rest of WoW.

Anytime warlocks seem less evil or serious. We are supposed to be scary!

How do you feel about your rotation?
Fine mostly but I would give affliction warlocks more DoTs to further set us apart.

What's on your class wishlist?
An ability where we can sprout cool looking demon wings and fly. Like the "racial mount" ability Worgens have just for flying. That or Mage-like port.

What spells do you use least?
Searing pain, eye of kilrogg, shadow ward and to a lesser extent, soulburn (it's pretty useless for affliction warlocks)

Primarily PvE, with a little bit of PvP on the side

Heroics and raids

I regularly do 2v2 arena with a warrior, and I did a lot of regular battlegrounds to farm honor when I first hit 85

I was confused for a long time that DoT ticks update with enemy debuffs but not my buffs. Its turned out to be a very nice system for an instant-cast, long-term spell like Bane of Doom (so that I get a full minute of hard hitting ticks from Demon Soul or a potion, or both), but its confusing to deal with for the other DoTs, especially the 1-2sec cast Unstable Affliction, or Corruption, which is frequently reset by other spells. Its possible that this is just an issue with my ignorance.

Its frustrating in raids to not be able to summon a guardian every boss fight attempt. Because the spell has a firm 10 minute cooldown, you can really only use the guardian every other fight. This leads to trying to determine if any given attempt is "worth" summoning your guardian. It helps your raid and can put a single fight over the top, but its not fun to do. Changing the cooldown system to be similar to bloodlust/time warp, where the spell has a hard cooldown of 5 min plus a removed-on-death, 10 min "summoning exhaustion" would fix this problem.

In battlegrounds it takes a long time after every death to prep and get back out there. Die > wait > respawn > summon pet > soul link pet > cast spell armor > summon healthstone > summone soulstone > and, finally, get back out there. Just too long for a mode where you die a lot.

One way to help with the above problem would be to spawn with a demon already summoned and some spells up. Perhaps for each spec you could choose a default demon and spell armor to spawn with (your defaults here could be changed manually, and you could also switch demons/armor on the fly). Additionally, soul link could be made a passive spell, such that if you have a demon out, it is automatically soul linked. These would help primarily in battlegrounds, but would also be nice in PvE.

Affliction - Its got a great rotation, its smooth and feels great when you get in the groove. I am very pleased with this spec, and I personally believe too much tinkering with it is a bad idea.

Destruction - Extremely uncomfortable rotation. Having to recast a 4s nuke every 15 seconds feels clunky and makes it very difficult to keep up DoTs and otherwise maximize DPS. This makes it a stressful and un-fun spec to play.

Demonology - Rotation is fine, but boring. Meh. I'd choose affliction's rotation over this one even if it produced 5% or so less DPS.

Turn Demonology into a hybrid DPS/Tank spec like Feral druids. Put a high-tier talent that makes Metamorphosis permanent, gives you the ability to equip a shield, but gets rid of cast-time spells (replaces them with some sort of melee counterpart), and limits other spells to 5-10 yards (basically melee range - leave one or two spells at max range for pulling, etc). Change the Meta demon model a bit so that you're holding a spell-blade when you're in the form, and we're lookin great. Have attack power be drawn from intelligence. The Demo tree could offer two-sided talents (again, like Feral druids), where maybe a talent reduces your chance to be critcally hit if you're Metamorphed, but increases your crit chance with Spell X otherwise. God, it could be so awesome. Please, please, please consider it.

Affliction has turned out to be a great PvP spec, provided you're quite skilled, and can get in the right group setup. I'd like to see another viable PvP warlock spec that can do OK in more general situations (2 on 2, without a shaman healer, etc). I think Destruction has the ability to be this spec, if it was provided with some more control abilities and a bit more bursty, but unsustained, damage. This is particularly true since this spec sort of floundering without a place as it stands now.

The cooldown for Soul Swap is too long. If a shorter cooldown is an issue in arena, have the cooldown be longer only in there. Affliction warlocks can struggle in AoE, and that is exacerbated by the long cooldown on Soul Swap.

Searing pain
Summon Voidwalker
Eye of Kilrogg
Seed of Corruption
Enslave Demon (I love the idea of the spell, but there just aren't many opportunities to use it)
Edited by Laboratory on 9/13/2011 2:11 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="31734622312"]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

All

BG

Affliction warlocks are unique. Only the shadow priest comes close to the type of dog done.

Blizzard keeps the class down. Removing Siphon Life, the glyph that sped up DoT dog, the weakening of minions, all seems like warlocks are being held back for the favored DPS classes (Mages and Hunters). Its a squeeze to pull the same DPS and frustrating to have to find a new rotation with each major patch.

I currently use the previous rotation of choice as I don't like the new "favored" rotation for Affliction locks. I still do well but there can be no hesitation.

Return Siphon Life and make Rain of Fire just as powerful as Blizzard.
Revert to the previous CD on soul swap.

Eye of Kilrogg, Rain of Fire, and Hellfire.
85 Human Warlock
Used to do both, got very frustrated with pvp... so now only pve

Heroics, dailies, and casual raiding

Used to do BGs

This is a little long-winded but please take the time to read it, I promise I'm being reasonable :)

*****1) Soulburn mechanic: It makes me really sad that the trademark warlock mechanic has such limited usefulness. It's such a cool idea: use a small pool of soul shards on cd to power up our ordinary abilities in special ways. This has so much potential but in my opinion its mostly squandered. Each spec really only has one use for it: soul fire for destro and demo, and SoC for Affliction (for the record, i think the SoC SB mechanic is incredibly awesome; i want more of that!). Summon demon and healthstone are used across specs but these are very situational and don't live up to the potential of SB.
It's tough not to compare SB to the trademark mechanics of other classes, like runes and combo points... these mechanics involve making important choices about what to do with your resources. With Soul Burn, there is never a hard choice to make, and sometimes there isn't even a choice to make at all. As destro I use it only to power up ISF, and this feels more like a chore, and less like a fun use of my scarce resources. I'd complain about the ISF mechanic, but without it, I wouldnt have anything to use SB on at all!
As it stands, I dont feel vulnerable or uncomfortable when my soul shards run out... A core mechanic that uses scarce resources should make the player feel vulnerable when they run out; this makes every soul shard feel like it counts and makes the choices fun.

2) Lack of interesting emergency button mechanic. Soulburned healthstone is useful but it's not fun, interesting, and it generally doesn't help keep me alive if I was going to die anyway. Sacrifice is really cool, and it's in keeping with the thematic motifs of the warlock, but the voidwalker is not viable for anything except levelling.

I really like the complex mechanics that I have to keep under control in order to be efficient, and DoTs are just damn cool. I especially enjoy the synergy between all the dots/debuffs as affliction. I also think that the demon/player relationship is pretty fun in general.

See "quality of life" ^^^^^
I play aff and destro, and I enjoy both rotations equally, although i do agree with many other warlocks that the ISF mechanic is a bit of a chore, failing other uses for Soulburn. Chaos bolt has issues though: I can cut it out of my rotation completely with a very negligible dps loss, and that doesn't feel right for the 31-point talent of a spec. My one complaint with aff is that there is no use for SB in single-target fights (see above once again).

1) Cool, valuable uses for SOULBURN that make me really value soul shards in every fight. I want to have to ration my soul shards and feel like a badass when I use one. I'm all for replacing some of the current uses for SB (like drain life) to make way for new uses.

2) [EDIT] After reading many of the other lock posts, I'd have to agree that putting the CD OF GUARDIANS to 5 min with a 10 min debuff should take absolute priority over other changes. this seems like a nobrainer to me.

3) EMERGENCY BUTTONS (see above)... one of the new uses for SB could be an emergency button!

4) CHAOS BOLT really needs to hit harder, or have some sort of cool utility that affects dps (refreshing immo or something)

5) I'd like to see DEMONS BETTER BALANCED, so that I can try out demo. Right now I really dislike the way demo works because its proprietary demon, the felguard, doesn't actually provide the best efficiency.

6) Remove [IMPROVED SEARING PAIN] and give us a useful talent. This is the only talent in all the warlock specs that completely baffles me; i have no idea what the intention was in putting this in any of the talent trees. i feel like searing pain would only be useful as a threat generator for demo if it was a tank spec... lol

Searing Pain
Eye of Kilrogg (but i'd like to keep it cuz it has the nostalgia factor)
Enslave Demon
Edited by Erational on 9/22/2011 2:07 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock

I used to split time between PvE and PvP in Wrath, but in Cataclysm I moved almost entirely into PvP. So, PvP.

Arenas and battlegrounds. Limited Rated BGs.

1) Shadow Embrace mechanics. Having SE be a debuff on the target, but only refreshed by two long cast spells (one on CD), makes it more challenging to keep damage going on multiple targets. SE is a large part of Affliction's damage yet is very difficult to keep up on multiple targets in PvP due to Haunt/SB's travel time.

2) Buggy pet behavior. I didn't mind the bugs so much (random despawns in arena, bad pet attack mechanics) when demons were a smaller percentage of our damage, but now when my Felpup goes off to catch a bone or my Succubus goes to chat up a nearby sailor instead of the target I ask for, it's disheartening. I don't mind managing my pet, but I do mind when they don't do what I tell them.

3) Dark Intent shouldn't require complicated macros to cast. Default cast should be on your Demon, unless another target is specified.

4) The lack of a warlock flying mount means that the class is less distinctive in cities these days. A flying Felsteed would help bring back the sense of uniqueness of the class. Winged demon form? That's possibly too much to hope for.

5) Summoning has lost its luster, now that Have Group Will Travel has become more commonplace. Making it a personal summon, or reducing the number of people, would make it less irritating to use.

6) Focus macros breaking in 4.2 caused PvE Fear macros to go cattywumpus. Would love to have the Focus Fear macros back again.

Demonic Circle, Fel Flame, Soul Swap were all good additions.

I've pretty much stopped playing my Warlock main because the class doesn't feel fun anymore. I tried leveling up some other warlocks but find that other classes are more viscerally engaging. I love the class - but I don't have fun playing it right now. Even leveling new warlocks isn't fun, and I'm struggling to explain why.

1) Leveling can be awkward. Some of this is because the combination of talent specializations at 10 and gradually increasing numbers of spells makes some specs more fluid than others - Destro is a good example of this, with Searing Pain filling the role of filler nuke for many levels, then fading to uselessness at higher levels. Because of the early specialization, you have the foundation of the spec without the necessary tools - which sometimes makes for awkward, unfun play.

2) PvP leveling as a warlock is difficult. You're really weak. The only brackets where warlocks feel balanced are the final two, as they get their primary escape (Demonic Circle) and an instant nuke (Fel Flame) which increases damage output. Mages are a more fun class to level through PvP right now, with better PvP tools granted early on. Warlocks are the opposite. They don't have all their defenses until the very endgame, while other classes have incredible burst. Unstable Affliction lacks a big dispel threat against spam dispels. Immolate is too easy to cleanse.

3) Nerfs to Drain Tanking. I really enjoyed drain tanking in Wrath. The heals from Siphon Life were solid, you could choose between Demon and Fel Armor to increase your survivability, and Drain Life was an effective filler. Warlocks didn't move fast, we didn't have the escapes or the ability to heal ourselves, but we used to be tough to take down through our self healing. It's hard to see a class lose excellent self-healing abilities while others gain them.

4) Taking away Drain Mana, but leaving Mana Burn in the game. Losing Mana Drain hurt in PvP, but if Priests had lost Mana Burn too, then the stated reasons for the removal - that having other players take healer mana was not desirable - would have been acceptable.

But it wasn't.

5) Devour Magic CD extension. While this was no doubt to bring it in line with Counterspell, this diminished the utility of the Felhunter.

6) Losing Drain Life as a viable subspec within Affliction. Affliction Warlocks don't bring special buffs to the raids, but it was really nice to have survivability on our side. The repeated nerfs to an alternate playstyle made it feel like I was being forced to play a certain way. It wasn't fun.
Edited by Cynwise on 9/13/2011 5:01 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock
(continued from above.)

Other classes seem to be easier. I enjoy the rotation because it gives me a lot of buttons to push, and think it's fine, but it's complicated. I seem to have to do more to be excellent than other classes.

My only other complaint is in the number of spells which do very similar things. This is especially problematic in Destro, with a variety of nukes with very subtle variations, but Demonology has issues with it, too.

Instant flying demon form. Why should druids have all the fun?

Eye of Kilrogg, Curse of Weakness, Enslave Demon.
85 Goblin Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE mainly pvp is no longer fun.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids and Hmode Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGS and RBGS sometimes

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Doomguard being available more often than every second fight for progression learning.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The huge toolbox the class has to deal with most situations.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Pvp, my major defense mechanism should not be another player.
Having to be melee range to maximize my potential especially on fights where where mobs have anti melee caster defenses. (Al'akir is an example)
The fact that all 3 specs are pretty much the same with different cooldowns.
Demon twisting is not fun because standing and channeling one cast for 5s during a fight is not fun. ISF is not fun for same reason hard casting a long spell and having to account for travel time is not fun.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction- I find it flows well and is pretty easy to use.
Demonology-Somewhat clunky sometimes and a little annoying sometimes when trying to get procs to align properly with cooldowns.
Destruction- Clunky does not flow well at all.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Felguards single target damage improved enough so demon twisting is not required or demon soul made spec based.
Doomguard/Inferno cd made akin to heroism/bloodlust.
ISF removed or increased in duration or applied on spell cast not hit.
Shadow embrace stacking on the lock not targets.
To have a viable pvp spec that is not affliction for some variety.
To have the lower levels sorted out so others can enjoy the class and learn it properly when levellling. Currently the levelling experience as a lock is counter intuitive and does not make sense.

■What spells do you use the least?
eye of killrog
searing pain
summon voidwalker
85 Night Elf Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? pvp

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas

Pets being buggy, dispell spamming dots for destro and demo, bad soulburn machanic

Being able to controll a demon, and hitting decently high

We dont' have much burst as any spec, immoleate being dispelled so easy with no fear

Feels clunky, dot up target spam filler

Pet talent tree's, new pets, and dispell protection

hellfire enslave demon banish
90 Gnome Warlock
Both

Raids

AV since Im alliance

Better healthstones perhaps, our survivability is poo.

My husband has always said locks are a breed of their own (although he has never played the class)...often sticking with each other, back in 40 mans the locks would huddle in their own corner at times ignoring the other classes. Used to be playing a warlock felt "special"
I hope someday we get that special little bit of evil back. Oh and our gear, look at T5/6...those were awesome graphics. Whats up the all the lame gear art since then!?

I wish we had more use for enslave demon...maybe catch or learn to summon other demons for appearances, im so sick of looking at the big blueberry. Also, the VW is useless as a tank, he cant hold aggro and he can barely take any hits..why bother with it? Make our demons more special, more variety.

aff is good, but for SB spamming...but destro, ><...ugh, just wipe it clean and start over.

*What happened to our warlock flying mounts???? Warlocks just need to be a bit creepier, a lil more dark, not just purple mages.
*If I rez someone with my SS...he should look undeadish for a bit!
*More variety, control, options with our demons...more more more...we want more...we dont want BLUEBERRY...hes always in the way.
*Oh, and did I say a flying mount, an awesome nightmarish, ghoulish steed worthy of a warlock. AND I say bring back the questing to get it...I worked hard to get my level 60 warlock mount, and now its buyable! =(.

the fluff spells obvoiously, eye,breath etc.
Searing pain, useless unless your fighting princes and need to aggro...a spell for one or two bosses? meh. curse of weakness in pve.
***Did I mention....Warlock Flying Mount!***
87 Worgen Death Knight

Mainly pvp

Heroics

All

Soul Burn lacking memorable effects. Such as insta-pet summon was always there for demo locks and insta-soulfire doesn't feel as special since it doesn't hit nearly as hard as it did in Wrath. Such things as a shadow bolt volley or removing the Void Walker damage reduction and making it appear when you soul burn and cast demon armour would be nice.

More Demons and less mage-like, more fel-like magic

Our demons seem less powerful than hunter pets and need more of a /sacrifice ability, my pet is not my friend but merely a tool I can sacrifice on whim for a health boost or dmg buff, much like sacrifice was like back in BC or the Death Knight death pact ability. Also Chaos Bolt hits like a wet noodle. And then also-also, Immolate being dispelled in pvp so many of my abilities are reduced.

Rotation is perfect~

More green fire magic, Fel Guard being king-of-all pets, Metamorphosis having more abilities, Soul Burn have more 'signature move' like abilities. Immolate Dispell protection would be epic.~

Summon Voidwalker, Curse of Weakness, Searing Pain, Enslave Demon.

*Edit: Was to add Enslave demon, forgot I even had the spell I use it so little >_>*
Edited by Neervosh on 9/13/2011 3:19 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Raids
Arenas/RBGS
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Having affliction the only spec that gives protection to my DOTs. I'd like all specs to give some kind of DOT protection (since all specs rely on the) so arena pvp will be viable without Unstable Affliction.
Utility abilities that are unique to locks. (ie soulstone, healthstone, demongate etc.)
Watching all my DOTs get dispelled so that I can't even use my DD spells effectivley... Immolate getting dispelled makes a destro lock's conflagration and incinerate non effective yet it is so simple to get rid of with no penalty.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love my rotations.
Destro spec having a spell that gives dispel protection.
Demo tanking spec... Searing pain to hold agro, a taunt, voidwalker giving a damage mitigation buff and regening health to stay alive with soul link up, and metamorphosis being revamped to be up more but with no huge damage bonus.
Affliction spec needs to get rid of shadow bolt spam. I loved drain life but if that's considered OP maybe a skill that buffs the damage of fel flame so it could be worked into the ratation as a filler that gives more mobility.
Eye of Kilrogg
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids/Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]Arenas

No more shards in our bags was huge.

Affliction is fun. I like juggling the DOT's.

PVE is in a good spot. PVP is tough against melee. Too many classes have too many interupts on short CD's.

Rotation is fine right now.

GIVE ME MY DRAIN MANA BACK! Using drain life instead of shadow bolt as filler.

■What spells do you use the least? Green floating eye. lol
Fel Flame
Enslave demon
85 Orc Warlock
hic
PvE

Raids and heroic Raids

-

not just for locks, but for every class with pets: make pets follow their masters, using the same path! when you jump off somewhere to skip some mobs, your pet should jump together, instead of taking the normal path and aggroing them. today we have to dismiss the pet, jump and re-summon it, which is annoying.

the huge bag of tricks we have. I wish there were more bosses for us to tank, but due to the 10man raids now, maybe we won't ever require a lock for that anymore.

as demon, to depend on the doomguard's 10min cd to do great dps, which is usually every 2 tries. also, to have a huge burst when meta/demon soul are up, and do lousy dps when they're not. some balance should be better.

affliction and demonology rotations are fine, but to keep improved soul fire up as destruction is quite painful, as it lasts 15s and the cast time is almost 3s. please make some spell refresh it or at least make it last 30s.

some "execute" spell for destruction, as shadowburn is quite weak with a long cd.
chaos bolt should do way more damage, as today it does about the same as an incinerate, just with a faster cast, but still, with the long cd, it doesn't help much.

Searing Pain
Enslave Demon
Eye of Kilrogg
Curse of Weakness
Succubus / Voidwalker
Edited by Bathrakh on 9/13/2011 2:44 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

Heroics, Raids

-Getting dots+Shadow's Embrace onto multiple targets.
-Either bane of doom should be able to be placed on multiple targets or bane of agony should not do more damage as time goes on and the damage should be dispersed evenly.
-Drain Soul should update it's damage automatically when the boss hits 24.99% health
-Demonology has a pretty complicated and very involved rotation that rollercoasters up and down, would be nice if it was simplified and/or you were in permanent demon form with correct sex. There should be no need for pet swapping in demonology.
-You should not be able to override a DoT/spell that is currently doing more damage than the one you would override it with.
-In game UI notification of when you should clip a dot
-Better battle rez.
-Doomguard CD.

-Very very rewarding damage when played correctly.

-questing/dailies

-Affliction's rotation is pretty simple, but you should not be able to override a DoT/spell that is currently doing more damage than the one you would override it with. Clipping dots at an appropriate time is good, keeping track of buffed dots versus unbuffed dots is too confusing.
-Demonology could use a tweak, it is overly complex/complicated and is huge rollercoaster of valleys and peaks. Pet swapping too can get confusing.
-Doomguard CD too long

-You should not be able to override dots that are currently doing more damage than the dot you would place
-Better method to get dots and shadow's embrace on multiple targets
-In game UI notification of when you should clip a dot
-Simplification of Demonology, removal of need for pet swapping. Constant demon form with appropriate sex.
-Tweaking of Destruction so that it is in line with Affliction and Demonology.
-Drain life improved a little more
-Drain Soul should update it's damage automatically when the boss hits 24.99% health
-Better battle rez
-Doomguard CD changed

-Affliction: Soulfire, felflame

Drain life
Edited by Seraephim on 9/13/2011 4:05 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]