Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

85 Undead Warlock
Adding to my earlier post about tanking in the Demonoloy tree, I was thinking about the lack of avoidance compared to the other tanks. The lack of armor on cloth would be solved by the additional armor added by Metamorphosis, but what about having haste, crit, and mastery on the gear instead of avoidance stats. Well, since you are a Demon you could have a talent that makes the haste give you such quickness that you would be able to avoid attacks (acting like dodge), and critical strikes would let you steal life from the target giving you back some healing. Also, being a big ugly Demon, you would naturally be able to just absorb more damage from enemies, shrugging off the pain and just taking a lesser percentage of damage from all hits.
84 Blood Elf Rogue
What’s on your wish list for your class?

Dispel protection or dispel resistance for Immolate.
85 Undead Warlock
I just remembered a few more wishlist items:

Class flying mount- I like how warlock class identity extends beyond faction identity, and would like to see it perpetuated like how the Dreadsteed did in vanilla. Something like a Void Dragon would be awesome. ';..;'

Demo tanking- I know the puritans snarl and growl at this, but if it could be added in some way, shape, or form in the future I would jump all over it.

More green fire- Isn't fel fire a different creature from normal, mage fire altogether?
85 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Mainly dailies, questing, farming, achievements. Raiding, heroics, dungeons became too time-consuming and stressful.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
  • Pet control. The preset modes are pretty terrible and unpredictable. Have to control manually, which adds to the complexity of encounters.

What makes playing your class more fun?
  • I enjoy learning how to master my rotation, which can be complex. (see below). I play Demo, so I love Metamorphosis. Fun.

What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Way too vulnerable. No instant retaliation for melee attacks. Would be nice to have a "plague bomb" instant cast that poisons someone (usually a rogue) that backstabs you.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
  • I think the rotations in general are excruciating to master for warlocks. Affliction less-so, but when you consider pet control, cooldowns, soul shards, trinkets, procs, ISF, keeping dots up, threat -- there are barely enough keys on the keyboard for all the critical actions we need access to.

• Revamp destruction. No more Fire Mage with tougher rotation. Get rid of ISF.

• Return to the spirit of what a warlock should be - death/plague/life-steal/demon-mastery.

• Remove fire-mage spells - Immolate, Soul Fire, Incincerate, Searing Pain, Rain of Fire, and...

• Introduce new spells - Plague, Infestation, Decay, Rot, Dorian Gray, whatever - just more spells that are logical for this class.

• Make Hellfire not deal self-damage. Does not make sense. "Go Go Hellfire! Ow! Ow! Crap!! Did I not do it right? Ow! Ow! Make it stop!"

• Get rid of summoning Infernal and Doomguard (I know I'll get grief for this). Give our existing demons an AOE talent, or give the imp a Shadowbolt proc and we don't need them anymore.

• Know it's a long shot, but Demon Flight Form would be awesome. I think that would successfully kill the other two specs, though...

• And for the love of all things holy, PLEASE GIVE UNDEAD THE THRILLER DANCE!!!

What spells do you use the least?
  • Eye of Kilrogg, Health Funnel, Void Walker, Enslave Demon, Unending Breath, Searing Pain and Soulfire (I don't care what you say, I'm Draining Soul for execute.)
Edited by Hyss on 9/14/2011 7:27 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■
heroic raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■
Doomguard being a 10 minute CD. Make it a 5 minute CD with a 10 minute debuff similar to heroism/bloodlust/timewarp. Also pets not being able to fly with you on fights like Alysrazor and Alakir. Felguard should also be pet of choice for Demon, none of this silly pet swapping in combat non sense.

What makes playing your class more fun?■
Great soloing ability. Fun to play in raids, very durable with soul link and infinite mana with life tap. Demonology is very fun to aoe with and Demon form looks awesome.

What makes playing your class less fun?■
Doomguard accounting for so much of my DPS and being a long CD like I wrote above. Soulburn is also very underwhelming and is basically an extra pet rez.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■
Demonology and Affliction rotations are both very fun and smooth. Destruction on the other hand needs to A. have a way to passively refresh Immolate (either through conflag or chaos bolt) and B. Improved Soul Fire needs to be removed.

What’s on your wish list for your class?■
Healthstones should be improved or should be changed into some type of raid wide CD like rallying cry.

NEVER use Searing Pain
Drain Life has some situational use
Enslave demon is only used when I am messing around
***What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]***
PvE almost exclusively. I prefer playing FPSs to get my PvP fix.

***If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]***
Raids, and a few heroics. Currently I'm raiding very casually, but throughout wrath I pushed the leading edge of progression, eventually landing a US19th LK25H kill.

***What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?***
Pets. Sometimes I can't attack with my pet because of mob positioning. Many times this is because the mob isn't on the same platform, or is hovering just above it.
Affliction needs some additional raid utility. Both of the other specs have something to contribute to the raid besides the 5% crit debuff. Affliction doesn't really have anything beyond Jinx.
The stat priority changes radically between Demonology and the other specs. Affliction in particular values Mastery less than any other stat, whereas Demonology values it above haste and crit. This means a warlock should completely reforge when switching to or from Demonology.

***What makes playing your class more fun?***
Complex rotations that have high skill caps, but don't feel awkward. Affliction feels really elegant, especially in fights where you can multidot.
The ability to choose which spec to play. Three mostly viable DPS specs has been a huge boon for the class. Thank you!

***What makes playing your class less fun?***
Feeling forced to play a certain spec because it's either superior, or provides superior raid utility.
Destro feels very awkward and unrewarding.
The class feels weak in general, especially since we're a pure DPS class.
Our AoE damage feels very weak. (aside from Demonology of course)
Affliction's DoTs are weak if you don't have haunt ant 3 stacks of shadow embrace running.
Destro's Nukes are very small. It is literally impossible for a warlock to control Rageface in the heroic Shannox encounter unless he specs destro and holds Conflagrate back to break facerage.

***How do you feel about your “rotation”?***
The lists provided are simply the primary timers that are used in PvE encounters. Not the exact priority lists. They are what a player will have to pay close attention to, and thus make the spec harder as more are added. Difficulty is loosely based upon these lists, and is not based on a scale.
Bane of Doom
Haunt
Shadowflame
+Boss health

Very elegant and intuitive, but also a bit too easy. I wish this spec had a 4th main DoT. It is the "damage over time" spec after all.
However, compared to the other specs, difficulty increases much more rapidly in non-AOE, multi-target environments. The Valiona and Theralion encounter is an excellent example. In this case, you have to track 6 dots, and watch your Shadow Embrace stacks on both targets.
Difficulty: 5 (11 in multi-target environments)
Demon soul
Immolate
Bane of Doom
Corruption
Shadowflame
Hand of Guldan
+Proc: Molten Core
+Boss health

A bit cooldown reliant, but also a well balanced spec. The use of the Felhunter is a bit counter intuitive, though. Note that the Meta and Demon Soul timers are tied closely together, since it is often better to wait for both to be available before using either.
Difficulty: 7
improved soulfire
immolate
conflagrate
corruption
bane of doom
shadowflame
chaos bolt
Shadowburn
+boss health
+Proc: instant Soul Fire

This is the least fun spec to play (IMO). It's harder than either of the other two specs, and slightly less rewarding. The difficulty isn't what makes it less fun to play, though. The spec feels awkward, mostly because of Soul Fire and improved Soul Fire.
Something about the Improved Soul Fire mechanic just feels wrong. Maybe it's the long cast time of Soul Fire, maybe it's the travel time of Soul Fire, or maybe it's the fact that Soul Fire itself is a really weak spell. Either way, it makes the entire rotation feel awkward.
It is worth noting that the spec also provides less DPS than either of the others.
Difficulty: 9

***What’s on your wish list for your class?***
~ Destro's Soul Fire should be reworked
~ Affliction needs additional Raid utility
~ Affliction needs something to do with its Soul Shards.
~ A more robust pet control system and/or better pet AI.
~ GREEN FIRE!

***What spells do you use the least?***
I don't think I've used enslave demon since BC...
85 Undead Warlock
Oh I forgot, Metamorphosis demon form flying...the wings are already there, just make it happen.
85 Undead Warlock
 What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE – All forms from progression raiding all the way down to old content
PVP- Primarily BG’s , some rated BG, haven’t arena’d serious since S2
 What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
1. The amount of prep time for a warlock is too long
2. Quite a few spells/utilities do not scale well
3. Lack or limited soulburn uses for some specs
4. Having a high number of keybinds just to perform my role properly
 What makes playing your class more fun?
As with QoL issue #4, I thoroughly enjoy performing my role properly, there is nothing like a warlock. I (and pretty much everyone filling this out) feel it is the best class in the game.
 What makes playing your class less fun?
1.I have a love/hate relationship with having the most buttons to press (both before an encounter as well as during) when things are going well it’s a good feeling, when we struggle, it gets aggravating.
2. Knowing on a wipe I will not be able to perform at 100% because my doomguard cooldown will not be available.
 How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
1. Affliction – pretty much solid
2. Demo - decent although feels more “I need to be melee”
3. Destro – feels fractured at times.

 What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. Proper scaling of abilities (shadow/nether ward, healthstone, death coil, void sac, etc)
2. Not so pet dependant , or at least demon soul spec based and not pet based.
3. Less ramp-up time (be it pet ramp up, or SE..)
4. I may be selfish but I do feel a pure dps class should consistently be the bar set for dps in encounters.
5. I really like the idea of a meta tank.

 What spells do you use the least? Seriously does anyone else see a pattern here?
1. Eye of kilrogg
2. Unending breath
3. Searing pain
4. Enslave demon
90 Undead Warlock
PvE, Formerly PvP

10 man Raids & Heroics
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Spec bias on certain encounters a.k.a. I have to be Demo on Rhyo, and Destro (for Shadowfury) on Rag)
Spending gold to regem/reforge/respec when having to swap to these specs.

I have a super cool expendable demon minion at my control! I love being in Meta form w/fricken wings. I like shooting flashy fire. I like dotting lots and lots and lots of mobs. Cool tier sets. I like the self heals by dmg. I like very demon'esk pets. I like the felguard. I like magic.

VS rerolling to a play a melee class? I hate being restricted to stand still to dps. I like moving and jumping to pass time especially on an easy rotation. I dislike having such a long ramp up time on destro/demo dmg. I dislike removing my felguard to keep up w/single target demo dps.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction feels like faceroll. Destruction feels very tough and badly punished for movement. Multi-target dps for Destro feels very lame. I just outright don't like Demo dps being super cooldown based.

Would love to have active pet abilities in my rotation (No! Macroing felguard whirlwind doesn't count). Green Fire. An overhaul on Demo to where majority of my dmg comes from my pet but, it takes actively buffing my pet to make it so. I think Demonology should be the coolest class/spec in the game. Flight Form as a Demon. Better spell animations. Chaos Bolt has a cool one but I is disapoint with fel flame.

What spells do you use the least?'
Eye of Kilrogg
Curse of Tongues
Searing Pain
Curse of Weakness
Health Funnel
Enslave Demon
Unending breath
Edited by Tatlreach on 9/13/2011 3:25 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids only, but will do a heroic for a friend

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena's once in a blue moon

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I was happy about the new soul shard thing, thats kind of nice.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
lol I get a pet demon and i get to turn in2 one. Been demon for 2 years, nothing else. just cause i can be a giant !@# demon on fire X) Also the fact that i kick $%^ nomatter what the "warlock dps spec" is at the time :P

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Limits, mainly the fact that im a dps only class but hey my wish list is there :P

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
My rotatoin, i have it memorized and i personaly love it :D Actualy scratch that, i know my demon "rotation" better than i do how to do my actual job XD

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Turning demon into a druid feral tree so u can be a demon tank or demon dps X) I would go to Blizzard and hug EVERY employee if they did this :)
p.s. I have like every last idea for it maped out if u want to know hit me up ;)

■What spells do you use the least?
Scorch, never used it once. would use it as a threat gainer if u peeps would make demon a tanking tree :P
90 Gnome Warlock
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Dailies, Heroics, 10 man normal Raids.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Improved Soulfire is annoying, unfun, and keeps me from engaging Destro. I really wish there was another way to refresh it outside of a 3 second cast time (and varied fly time) and an unreliable proc from my pet.

Another quality of life issue is the fact that fear will start a pull.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What would make it more fun, or what makes it more fun than other classes right now? What makes it more fun is being unquestionably evil, incinerating your foes from the inside out, controlling demons, invoking fear, etc. FEELING like a warlock (and not a fire mage or shadow priest) is a big plus to me. What would make it more fun is class quests. Summoning and enslaving big demons is awesome, but I wish we had some more of that "kick" in our magic; i.e. the soul shard cooldowns, which feel underwhelming at the moment.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• We have a lot of spells that look and sound cool but hit like a wet noodle; i.e. Chaos Bolt, Soulfire (compare to Pyroblast), and Conflagrate. What also hurts is that we're losing our uniqueness, and we've lost our niche perks, like Detect Lesser Invisibility or Detect Demons. Were they really hurting anyone?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• In Affliction I'm very happy. I do need an addon to track timers, but I don't mind this. Destruction is awful, though. I originally downloaded buttontimers to play it, because my eyes were bouncing around three different places on the screen on every single fight. You have to watch ISF to make sure it doesn't fall off, keep track of your cooldowns on Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate, while making sure your corruption/bane doesn't fall off. Some people have complained about using dots with the spec and how it doesn't feel right, and even suggested that the imp's dot be unique with it, and I agree.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• * #1 wish is unique class quests, like fighting the giant chicken or our infernal quest. The reward doesn't have to be crazy or special, but I want to feel like a warlock again, so the quest itself and the flavor of it does have to be different from the others.
    * I want to see a simpler and more effective Destro.
    * More Soulburn uses for Affliction.
    * Chaos Bolt that feels like more than just Incinerate +1, and hopefully pierces through Deflect and Reflect mechanics.
    * Demonology being able to use their Felguard again for more than just AOE.
    * Tier sets that resemble demons, again and have dark color schemes. Tacking on horns isn't enough.
    * Flying on a demon would be cool, or maybe taking form of a demon to fly.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Felflame, Enslave Demon (obviously), Unending Breath, Eye of Kilrogg, Voidwalker's Sacrifice and Shadow Ward (the latter two did NOT scale well to 85 damage levels). Please don't remove them, just give it a little more function than it has now or put us in situations where we'd use them.
    Edited by Virina on 9/13/2011 3:25 PM PDT
    90 Human Warlock

I mainly PvE but will try and PvP when my friends really want me to.

I enjoy casually raiding and heroics.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The biggest quality of life issue I see is that I don't have a quick way (blink, dash, etc) to move out of danger. I realize the green portal is an option but when I raid the area I put the portal might not be safe.

I love turning into a demon and having the ability to summon a demon. I also love the AoE of demonology.

Pet control is an issue. I've had my demon pull a raid boss (more than once) and cause a wipe when he was behaving a few seconds before hand. I also wish there was more of a cc ability than fear or banish. Banish is only useful occasionally and fear is just too short for cc in a heroic. I understand that it is great for PvP but heroics can get tough if there isn't a mage, shaman, or hunter.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I mainly play demo and I think the rotation is pretty good the way it is. The only thing that bugs me sometimes is spamming shadow bolt so much. One more ability to lesson the shadow bolt spam would be nice.

I would love to be able to stay in demon form longer. I really like the way it looks, being able to fly (mount up) in demon form would be awesome! At the very least I'd like to be able to stay in it longer during dungeons.

I would also like to have some kind of DoT burn. This would be useful for short fights, like trash, or adds on a boss. If you needed to get an add down quickly you could DoT it up and then 'burn' all the DoTs off at once. This would cause some sort of proportional damage to the time left on the DoTs. This ability could be a longer cool down so that it couldn't be abused in PvP and it could leave a debuff that would prevent DoTs from being reapplied so you wouldn't want to use it on a boss. (Or some other mechanism so it wasn't abused.)

Enslave Demon - I only use it if I'm playing around
    Searing Pain - I don't remember the last time I used it
    Eye of Kilrogg - I like the spell just don't find it useful
    85 Human Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Nothing really

What makes playing your class more fun? This sounds kinda heartless but the idea of inflicting pain, stealing their life & taking their soul *muhahaha*

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Good

What’s on your wish list for your class? shadowbolt volley? (kind of like hunter multishot)

What spells do you use the least? Shadow ward & searing pain

Concern: i have noticed alot of people saying they dont use eye of kilrogg but i happen to use it almost everyday either playing around or putting it to a good use. I don't want to see it take the same path to the 'spell graveyard' as hunter's eye of the beast did
    86 Undead Death Knight
    Not sure why but I can't seem to change my character on the forum controls.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP pretty exclusively.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Every Arena match I have to cast demon armor, summon my pet, cast soul link, cast dark intent, then make a soulwell, or in 2v2, make a healthstone, trade it, make another one. I also sometimes put up unending breath for dispel protection on all my teammates. This is a lot to have to do before each match and is a hassle compared to many other classes that just have to put up one or two buffs, or none at all. May not sound like a lot but doing it every match gets annoying.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Dot damage and life drains! I love it. I like being a tank mage. I wish warlocks were even more 'tanky' even if it meant a loss to utility or damage.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

My pet dies all the time or will be left behind and despawn or for whatever reason I have to resummon him more often than I find pleasant. This may be bad pet management on my part but it's what I thought of when asked this question. I get the instant summon but that takes several globals to cast/summon/soul link etc. Honestly I don't really like having to manage a pet, it's just not my favorite part of the class. Though as far as character interest goes(as opposed to playstyle concerns), I really like my goblin warlock with a scary felhunter demon pet.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I used to play Soul/Siphon Life spec in TBC and loved it because it was lots of instant casts that I could put on everybody, they weren't worth dispelling because dispelling would cost more mana that it would be for me to reapply. I loved being a dot machine. I now feel more like I'm just putting two instant cast dots on and casting casting casting casting. I preferred the playstyle with more instant cast dots. Casting is fun on my mage because if it gets through without interrupts it's awesome, it's how I feel a mage should be played, but it's just not what I want on my warlock. I was actually pretty bummed that siphon life was no longer an instant cast spell and corruption was given a life drain to compensate. I love the instant cast dots.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

As I mentioned before more instant casts and I guess more life-draining. I like being able to 'make a comeback'. Obviously this is a balance issue. A loss to other utility or damage would be a good compensation.

Also, Make eye of killrog move much much faster! It's too slow to be a reasonably useful spell. In Warcraft 2 that thing could fly across the map super fast, but had a somewhat short time limit to keep it balanced against the Alliance's far sight spell.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Hard to say as I'm not in game at the moment.

Thanks for doing surveys like these. I love putting my input in. I may edit this post if I can think of other things to say.
    85 Goblin Warlock
    - What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both, but focus on PvE atm.

- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids mostly but everything else too.

- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas to cap and some BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

First is that warlock have the slowest recovery time after a wipe in raids, we have to do HS, buff, buff, pet, buff, recover shards, eat. So, my idea is to add a Soul Burn to speed up Soul Harvest, would be nice to use one shard out of combat to get 2 or 3 more quickly, idk. Another thing is in arenas, having to do a HS, trade, then do another, kinda sucks a lil in 2s but nothing compared to pre-Cata when we used to use every second of that pre-start time.

- What makes playing your class more fun?

I really loves warlocks playstyle. Still have a lot of uniqueness, three awesomely diferent specs that are balanced as never had before, and really reached a sweetspot in many aspects since Cata, like Soul Shard's mechanics, a good brust CD with small cd time (which we didnt have before).

- What makes playing your class less fun?

I think the number of choices that we have right now should be higher, more choices, more fun! For exemple, we should have more hard choices to make use of the awesome Soul Shard mechanics, like almost every skill should have at least a small SS mod (like, idk, Chaos Bolt pass thru Immunities, some splash damage in Conflag, some awesomeness in SB or Corr to give more options to Afli, Demo in PvE and PvP, etc). It's a 45 sec CD that can only be used 3 times mostly, so wont unbalance things too much. More choices around talent points for some specifics builds like Destro PvE would be good too, not fun being tied to Mana Feed. And a liltle less pet dependancy on straight raid dps would be great!!!

- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Overall, i think all specs n their rotations are very close to a sweetspot, but i still think that have some room for improvment.

Destro rotation is the most fun imo, but i have to agree with all fellows warlocks that we should lose one DoT (Corr imo), gain a good deserved buff to Chaos Bolt and an increased time to Improved Soul Fire buff (20-25 secs total should be enough) to make room for another SS option. Putting +12% Corruption talent more below into the Affliction tree n making a new one in Demo's tree to balance (something related to SB would be nice) should make Destrolocks dont have to use Corr to improve their deeps (maybe nerf Corr would be necessary too, but nothing that a buff on other trees and on CB to even things out)

Affliction and Demonology rotations are really good too, but i think more choices and lil more situational twinks to spice things, would make them more fun. Some intresting options in Soul Burn is really missing on those specs, maybe for UA and/or Corr... and make demo's pet of choice the Felguard again, for good.

Another idea: Since every spec uses BoDoom for PvE single target purposes and almost never for PvP, making it procs diferent for each spec would help balance things out between them AND BE AWESOME! Think about a Shadowy Fel Hunter for Aflic and a Smaller Purple Infernal for Demo!!! A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

Things i already talked about. In order:
    1) More Soul Burn options;
    2) Chaos Bolt usefull again;
    3) Less pet dependancy in raid dps and Felguard's place for demos again.

- What spells do you use the least?

1 )Enslave Demon (Banish is enough)
    2) Searing Pain (but still good for threat/kite issues)
    3) Unending Breath (still good for Minor Glyph purposes)
    4) Eye of Kilrogg (love it for screenshot purposes)
    5) Bring Drain Mana back!!! (for shadow priests in PvP purposes, hehehe)

I'm sure that i will blow some dev's minds with my post, they will be like: "WHAT? How we never thought this before???" :P
    85 Human Warlock
    -PvE

-All

-Pet glitches, ranging from missing pet UI to frozen pets during certain raid fights.
    -Soul burn is use mostly just for instant summoning pets and Portal hopping, no other real use.
    -The health stones heal for pathetically low amounts, especially with our growing health pools.

-Metamorphing is awesome no matter how you look at it.
    -Felguard, yeeeeeaah!
    -Dots, MORE DOTS!

-Lack of sufficient burst damage in demonology makes some fights particularly annoying to perform.
    -Felguard looks great and does well, but its lacking for being a demonology only pet.

-I'm happy with my rotations in Affliction and Demonology.

-Demon customization
    -More use out of soul burning
    -More demonic skills! Or 'upgraded' skills while in metamorph. . . increased damage is just so bleh when you're a friggin' demon.

-Voidwalker (Poor aggro generation, sub par damage)
    -Succubus (Little use for seduction now an days, sub par damage compared to other pets)
    -Curse of tongues (Limited use in PvE, doesn't appear to work correctly in PvP)
    -Curse of weakness (Tanks bring their own debuffs that do the same exact thing in PvE, hardly noticeable in pvp)
    -Soulstone (Why? We have plenty of druids, we have plenty of DKs, and we only are allowed 1 (3 in 25mans) battle resurrection on raid bosses.
    -Health funnel (easier to soulburn and instant summon)
    -Enslave demon (Isn't any applicable uses in raids, particularly when anything that may be a demon is immune more often then not)
    -Shadow ward (With all the damage going around, it absorbs so very little)
    -Searing flame (Increased threat generation and low damage output? Nah.)
    -Eye of kilrogg (Why? Other then screenshots)
    Edited by Maugon on 9/13/2011 3:53 PM PDT
    1 Worgen Warrior

■What type of content do you focus on? [PVP BG,Arena] ■What makes playing your class more fun? for AFF,your enemy not able to see were the dots are coming from (no trail leading back to you) at least untill Soul drain.Destruction,the visuals of slinging flames at a opponant also chaos bolt looks great.the dark look and mood of the class, ■What makes playing your class less fun ? Destruction needs more instant cast every spell is a wind up while you losing the dps race or getting battered,also feels like the sholozar basin distillery quest (add a bannana,turn the heat on ,let the steam out)tedius over long time- AFF Fear breaking to easy,low power DOT's ■What’s on your wish list for your class?molten armor and demon armor combined (we need the armor and spell power either alone is too much of a loss) ■should be able to cast telaporter off in the distance instead of running to were we want to put in then moving away(to much time lost) telaporter should be invisible to enemys (they can see right were we are going to go ,you dont know were a mage will blink to)Destruction needs faster or instant cast or a spell taken out of the rotation.
    90 Undead Warlock
    PVE
    Raids
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Soul shard system is so-so, maybe could use a little help
    Different specs, random cool spells.

Not bringing much to the table for raids besides cookies,A not so good Brez, and DI for a healer, I like how destros rotation is about the hardest in the game, especially raiding, not when hardcasting soulfire fails at the last .1 second and having to hard cast again, rotations a tad clunky, Would be nice for destros 31 point, to be actually useful, destros RoF, is horrible in dps as an AoE.
    Undead locks racials are completely just about useless now.
    said above
    aside from green fire mounts blah blah ....a whole fresh revamp of locks
    searing pain
    bane of agaony
    eye of kilrogg
    unending breath
    pets besides the imp(raid) and voidwalker(quest)
    90 Undead Warlock
    * What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

--Both, but I group raiding and arenas int he same category in that I can only play one aspect of the game to it's fullest. So I raid, do heroics, and tons of BGs

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

--Heroics only if they are current and yield rewards I want, raids only if they are current (or raid memebrs still need loot), and old content only if I need rep or role playing items.

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

--BGs and pretty often and seldom do I do arenas. They are too hardcore.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

--A bag for quest items only like an enchanting or herbalism bag. I’d like to items to auto deposit into the bag too.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

--The control over fights, and having far more survivability compared to other casters while being beaten with a stick. Soul Link needs its 5% back and again a little more FEAR in FEAR. And in PVE having potential to do top tier damage based on my skill, no one wants to play a spec or class that is dead weight in raids.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

--Knowing that in nearly every 1V1 fight I will lose. That is to say I play well but I feel like i may as well make a sleep macro when I know while fighting anything but a pally, shamen, and priest.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

--I like affliction as it is. I've been more successful in FL with it due to heavy moving.

--Demo feels really awkward and needs less procing and using random spells (i played demo a lot).

--Destro is clunky but ok, they need more flexibility with ISF.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

--Being able to use the super demons (doomguard and infernal) on 5 minute CDs, with debuffs so they can't be used multiple times in one encounter.

--A flying dreadstead!

--For chaos bold not to be such ineffective damage.

--For the Felguard to have a shared CD auto use ability, one for AE'ing (like it has now) and the other for single target situations. (maybe the easiest way to buff the demon making it number one fore Demo locks)

--Fear back into FEAR!

--Only requiring one person to help summon a summoning stone.

--The void walker bubble to be useful. (9k?!?!?! it needs to be much higher for how little damage the --void walker does by comparison to other demons)

--Make fel armor what is use to be, just saying.

--Let the Life back into drain life, keep the damage nerfed but increase what it heals for.

--Soul link to be 5% higher, or in other words undo the nerf...

--make seed of corruption instant cast.

--have the imp also chance to proc a refresh on ISF while destroy

--make demonic gate a spell that can be thrown like hunters traps, maybe a 10-20 yard distance.

--spell protection for immolate, maybe grant immolate the lost silence UA use to have. Ua keeps its damage if dispelled, immolate silences 5 seconds with a debuff that won't allow the same player to be silenced in the same fashion for like 30 seconds.

* What spells do you use the least?

--Searing pain, but I use it in PVP to fake out counter spells and then i start casting shadow stuff again. --please don't remove this spell.

--Eye of killrogg, but I love the novelty this spell has from warcraft games. please leave it be.

--enslave demon... we're not in black temple anymore toto.

85 Undead Warrior
    What type of content do you focus on?

i raid. end game content is the only reason to keep paying money to play this game. period. pvp is a mini-game - while it can be fun for a while, it's not why i pay 15$/month.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

raids obviously. for me, i'm 10 man exlusive.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

when i pvp i do 2's and bgs. occasional 3's game here and there.

#1 - improved soulfire. maintaining this buff is ridiculous. it should be lengthened by at least 3 seconds from 12 to 15. another fix would be altering the proc rate of the imp proc of isf so that it is less rng and somewhat easier to keep active more often.

#2 - immolate dispel protection. warlocks want to play destro in pvp, yet you seem to either not want to let this become a possibility, or simply overlook concerns of the warlock community regarding this for oh i don't know - 3 YEARS?!?!?!?! get with the program.

#3 - soul shards. soul shards were supposed to be "fun". they aren't. if you are demo, you use them to cycle through pets for maximum dps. if you are affliction, you use them for seed of corruption. if you are destro, you use them for soulfire. that's it. that is the only purpose that they serve and any sort of excuse you want to provide to say they are "fun" is pure unadulterated bs. find more creative ways to use soul shards for ALL 3 SPECS!

#4 - shadowburn. affliction has drain soul. demo has soulfire. destro has no execute spell. this should be it. lower the cooldown and buff the damage 5-10%.

#5 - pvp talents in the destro tree. these include backlash, aftermath, and to an extend nether protection and shadowfury. the first 2 are obvious pvp talents and have little to no use in pve environments, yet blizzard has failed to read so much as a single forum post from any warlock in the last 3 YEARS regarding how to make destro viable. this needs attention.

#6 - summoning. unless you are in a lvl 25 guild warlocks are forced to mass summon lazy bastards who won't take the 3 minutes to fly their happy asses to the entrance of whatever it is the group will be running. make it so 2 people can create the portal instead of 3. just a QoL fix imo.

#7 - doomguard/infernal. this needs immediate attention. shaman/mages get a 10 minute debuff on bloodlust and it fades on death with a 5 minute cooldown. warlocks should have similar treatment with our guardians. they already aren't allowed in arena so what is the big deal? as a demo lock i am gimped every other pull because i don't have doomguard available due to a bs 10 minute cooldown. put a 10 minute debuff on me, and make it a 5 minute cooldown. easy fix, can't believe you guys can't come up with this crap yourselves.

#8 - felguard. pure demo pet that isn't demo's best dps pet. pretty pathetic. needs fixed.

#9 - chaos bolt. needs buff. 31 point talent that hits for the same damage as incinerate. absolutely ridiculous.

warlocks go pew pew. this is why i play mine. i like seeing big numbers, and i don't want a crappy 2 button rotation like arcane mages.

having 5 different counter classes compared to the 1 i had in TBC. pvp is currently no fun as a warlock. period. getting to be a support role as a pure dps class in arena sure sounds like fun to me! /sarcasm

affliction - hate the spec don't play it so no comment.
    demo - pretty decent place right now can't complain too much here.
    destro - clunky. something like 9 different spells and debuffs not to mention proc reliant and cd watching. needs some love.

make destro pvp viable. fix clunky destro rotation for pve. fix cooldown on guardians cuz 10 minutes is retarded compared to say fire elemental, etc. hell even boomkins have a lower cd on tranq than we do on doomguard/infernal.

searing pain. useless spell.

fel flame. meh, needs dmg buff or other interesting mechanic other than can be cast while moving.

rain of fire. needs something, destro aoe is pretty lackluster.

shadowburn. long cd, low damage. lower cooldown and buff damage slightly.

curse of tongues/weakness. these used to be very useful. in pve they are pretty meager, curse of tongues has almost no use in pve. this should be a spell that provides a warlock some utility in raids ie: alysrazor vs druids. we have nothing but a 24 second cooldown on our felhunter to interrupt those adds, and that is both sad and wrong.

vw bubble - sadface :(
    Edited by Autopsied on 9/13/2011 4:07 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]