(Locked)

85 Human Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE with some PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Pet AI/bugs: Dependany on a pet when there are several times it bugs, needs to be resummoned, is unable to attack its target, paths around oddly, etc.

Shadow Embrace. Why is this still a debuff on the mob rather than a buff on the Warlock? The ramp up time of Affliction damage is horrible because of how Shadow Embrace works.

Soulwell and Ritual of Summoning still requiring two additional people.

Guardian pets being usable only every other attempt on a boss fight, especially when they contribute such a large portion of damage dealt.

Drain Soul being a 15sec cast when at most you only get 3 ticks out of the spell before you have to interrupt it.

Health Funnel having such a short duration, when 9/10 times it requires me to spam it in order to heal my pet up.

Hard casting Soul Fire while playing Destruction.

What makes playing your class more fun?
DoT management. A fair number of choices within the class' play style.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of real utility. Problem with an encounter? Other classes can try something creative, I just get to press Shadowbolt harder and hope for the best. There are a fair number of abilities on our pets that would be great utility if the cooldowns where somewhat resonable. 30 seconds on a stun, 24 seconds on an interrupt, 15 seconds on a purge... You get the idea, are all unreliable options when you need to fill the utility void. I potentially have the tools to solve a problem, but in actuality I do not.

Dependency on pets for a large portion of my damage. There are several moments where my pet is just sitting there, be it fight mechanics or bugs and that takes a huge whack at my damage output.

And the biggest peeve: Knowing I have to play Mozart's 5th to be on par (or subpar) with people who are playing chop sticks. I don't mind having to hit more than three or five buttons, in fact I never want to return to the 0/21/40 days, but I want to at least know that all this work I'm doing is producing justified numbers.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Affliction: Perfect.

Demonology: A tad too hectic. There are a lot of things you need to be mindful of to play to ones fullest with Demo and that is before any of the encounter's mechanics come into play. Another giant problem with Demo's rotation is it's execute phase. Soul Fire is barely a DPS increase and it does not effect Impending Doom. Do I use the execute? Do I roll the dice and hope that 15% goes off a bunch for another Meta? Decimation in Wrath was the way an execute should be. The current version leaves too much ambiguity as to what I should do.

Destruction: ISF, ISF, and ISF... Did I mention ISF? Hard casting Soul Fire really makes the spec "un-fun" and without ISF the spec is even more subpar than before. It was an OK idea on paper that translated into awful gameplay.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Soulburns to be worth it. This ability turned into an overhyped pile of "meh". It has potential, make it happen.

Rework Demon Soul. Voidwalker and Succubus are never used. Demonology has to pet swap back and forth to make real use of it. Make it so Demon Soul is based off your spec, not the pet. This also makes the option of using pets for their specific abilities more appealing.

Health Funnel returning to it's old duration so I don't have to spam click it to heal my pet.

Demon Leap reverting to a charge/stun. Or getting a targeting radial for the leap.

Guardians working like Bloodlust/Heroism. Put a debuff on the Warlock, make it so these ability are up every attempt rather than every other.

Either fixed pet issues or less of a reliance on pets. I wouldn't be against Demonic Sacrifice returning and being used extensively just because of how many issues revolve around pets and how they function.

Drain Mana returning in some form. It could be a hard cast like Manaburn but instead of dealing damage, it returns mana. Spell lives up to its name, all the really big issues with Drain Mana go away.

Changing Shadow Burn and Shadow Fury to be Fire/Shadow damage so they benefit from Destruction's mastery.

Incinerate being a low level spell so new Locks could level with Destruction if they choose.

And the really big pie in the sky: The class becoming a hybrid and Demonology tree turned into a tanking spec. Something along the lines of demon form being our bear form.

What spells do you use the least?
Searing Pain.
Eye of Kilrogg
Enslave Demon
Edited by Ziguld on 9/13/2011 4:03 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
raids,

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
long casting shadow bolt -_- and soul fire when getting soul fire buff for destro.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
as demo because of the aoe and great dps for aoe

■What makes playing your class less fun?
useing shadow bolts, it kinda long cast and for destro keeping improving soul fire buff up all the time.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
as afflic when im doing heroic and there a add some paly or war kills add already when im trying to put curse of elements then dots.(which is low dps)
Destro- rotation is confusing and hard. i used to love destro i always played it till rotation got harder and low dps (which i hread).
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
a little tiny damge buff damage buff for afflic or alittle haste and let us use drain life instead of shadow bolt :)
destro- more fun to play, you dont have to make it easy just fun and not confusing and maybe a buff
■What spells do you use the least?
killrog eye or something
Edited by Dalinton on 9/13/2011 4:09 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warlock
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids, heroics

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Bg's casually

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Improved soul fire in the destro tree is extremely un-fun. Pet swapping in Demo is just plain silly as well, felhunter should not equal felguards damage. Infernal and Doomguard's damage is plain terrible for how long a cd it is(excepting demo, but a 10 min cd for 1 spec?)

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The variety of tools is extremely fun. I take very little damage as destro as well, helps healers immensely, giving me the "I don't need help" feeling that makes me feel awesome. The flavor, the lore, it all is good.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Couple gimmicky things, especially with demo. Demo's damage is only worthwhile on fights where you can more or less turret while abusing(Moonwell Chalice) certain trinkets, and even then only if your Doomguard CD is up. Imp Soulfire again is extremely unfun. And pet swapping as demo.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Destro conflicts me. I enjoy it because its difficult(easily the most difficult of all the classes) and hate it because the numbers it puts out pale in comparison to specs with MUCH simpler rotations. It's very unforgiving if you mess it up as well. As destro I use 3 dots(4 if you count burning embers,5 if you count havoc, more than afflic and demo) and that majorly throws the flavor of the spec off. Chaos Bolt needs to be useful, its damage is far too low for a 31 point talent, and it's secondary effect is pretty useless in pvp. Soulfire, for being a 4 second cast, hits for as much as an incinerate, only reason to EVER use it is for Imp SF. As demo it is just a faster incin at execute range. I'm not sure why shadowburn is still even in the game. a 10 second cd, low damage, <20% execute?

Affliction is very easy, and not really entertaining at all. Too much passivity, not enough dots. Entry wrath was the last time i enjoyed it, with 5 dot's total.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Imp SF fix, Chaos bolt fix, pet swapping in demo, less gimmicky demo, more dot damage as afflic. Maybe a more interesting pet than the voidwalker, he pretty much does nothing nowadays.

# What spells do you use the least?

Searing pain. why on earth is this still around? Voidwalker.
90 Dwarf Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding and Very few heroics (mainly to cap Justice points if we have a short raid week)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The return of Holy Shield and Hammer of the Righteous being an AOE cleave.

Survivability

Mindless threat producing rotation. Just sitting there spamming buttons while waiting for a big hit to use a saving throw.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Im ok with my rotation right now. It is set up well to help the Prot paladin use saving throws when needed and still maintain a good amount of threat and survivability.

Divine Wall, an ability that stops all incoming damage in front of the paladin for all party and raid members similar to Divine Protection.
Divine Protection as Protection.
85 Gnome Warlock
[What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

Heroics/Raids/Questing

[If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
What happened to Locks ability to see demons on the mini? As a class, this only made sense as hunters see beasts but now its gone. As well the Drain mana has gone.

The Dest Lock just seems like a very unique class.

-VERY annoying to me, that you need people to help summon a port or health stones.
-As well the Hellfire causes player Damage. Who's in control of this spell anyways? The lock is. lol
- Life drain is very poor. If your in a raid or dungeon where the healer concentrates on Tank only then it offers little help as you spend more time trying to heal (even with use of a Stone it still grants very low heal.)
-Drain soul seems low as well. Id rather try and use this rather then spamming CB
-Very Squishy and if jumped or stunned.. were done for.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is not too bad, but needing Haste. As well having to mash many spells while watching others seems a bit out there, unlike the few that I use on my mage.

-Return of seeing demons on mini
-There WAS a specific reward (demon) for someone willing to quest for it, now it is just 'here ya go everyone, have the same demons that everyone else had to work at' Id like to see a specific demon/ Vanity demon as a reward for diligently following a quest line.
-Improved Drain life
-Instead of a Battle Rez (which would be great) perhaps some sort of Necromancy?
-Demon taming as hunters do with beasts. (With ability to name them)
-Lock specific Flying mount
-Hellfire not to cause Lock damage
-Instant spell that causes great damage. Even with a longer cooldown.

-Eye of Kilrogg
-Curse of Tongues ( when you need it, it is no good)
-Enslave Demon ( when you need it, it is no good)
-Hellfire (causes damage to Lock)
Edited by Memnonseed on 9/13/2011 4:25 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock

PVE

Heroics and Raids but also solo questing

Not a big PVPer

Losing my pet when on flying mount and sometimes a regular mount is very frustrating especially when I don't know its happened and I dismount into a fight.

I still like the fact that we use demons and I'm starting to enjoy the shard system more. I also just enjoy playing ranged so that's the most fun aspect.

The slow start up of the destro rotation. The fact that demons are fun but I often times feel they don't completely serve a purpose.

Like most others, I don't like the inclusion of Improved Soul Fire. Its a long hard cast time and it doesn't seem to do as much as it should. I also don't like the slow start up of the Destro rotation.

Green Fire would be fantastic and in a spell that I actually use (ie not felfire). Flying demon flight form would be awesome (if not a bit of a pipe dream). I'd like demons to be more useful and each on to actually have a use and need.

Felfire
Searing Pain
Eye of Kilrogg
Summon Voidwalker
Summon Felhunter (and I miss him!)
85 Human Warlock

PVE, mostly.

Raids> Heroics> leveling alts

I don't pvp much anymore, but I would like to see some sort of world pvp along the lines of vanilla. Day long southshore raids were fun even when I was leveling and could barely get a dot on the other guy before getting killed.

The soul shard revamp was welcome with me. I've been affliction since bc, though, and we could certainly use more burst. All that demon swapping in Demo spec. My wand needs a use again.

The fact that it isn't the easiest class (or spec: affliction) to play.

Lack of burst as affliction. If I have to change my spec to work with a particular boss or something, that's all well and good. I don't want to have to change my spec because mine just can't compare to others in certain ways. I don't play demo (yet) because that pet swapping seems annoying. Its actually my favorite class though, and the one I leveled with in Vanilla.

I actually like the rotation of an affliction lock, but we need burst, as I've mentioned. Also, I don't like that I have to do crazy amounts of things to get less dps than a class that has to do maybe two things. It makes me feel unneeded.

Bursty burst burst burst (affliction).
CLASS SPECIFIC FLYING FORM/ MOUNT. I even loved doing the quests in Vanilla for my mounts; this would be just as fun ( aka: I liked my special snowflake, gold stealing grind) .
Taking out the ridiculous price of changing our demon's name. I'll pay, just not that much.
I haven't seen my voidwalker in forever! Please make him viable again.
Shadow Ward helps me in flights like Erudax in GB till I can get to the shadow gale, but I don't find myself using it much, and I think it could actually be something great.
GREEN FIRE
I might get killed for this, but I'd actually like another dot! Siphon life was my friend in bc.
I really want to be able to use my wand for something other than stats.
CREEPIER LOOKING GEAR. I'm evil, darnit! Tentacle lips are ugly, not scary.

Wands
Eye of Kilrogg (I only use it to take screenshots sometimes)
Summon Voidwalker (But I want to! I miss him!)
Shadow Ward
Searing Pain
Enslave Demon (I LOVED this in Vanilla/BC)
Curse of Exhaustion\ Weakness
Curse of Tongues ( when I think of a great fight to use it in, its worthless)
Edited by Aphellion on 9/13/2011 10:11 PM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock

Both, raiding more than pvp.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 25 Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs, casual arenas/rbgs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Demon Soul requires a pet to use, annoying when you see your pet is dead.

-For Destro, ISF is a complete pain to keep up 100%, especially on fights where it takes a while for the spell to travel to hit the boss, like on Ragnaros is a good 3-6 seconds depending on where your are standing. Having to cast Soul Fire ever 9 seonds is annoying.

It's the most fun class in the game imo. Love Demonic Teleport. Dot class.

Question #4.
-Pvp survivability seems a little weak. Yea, we have fears, but they just trinket out of the first fear and then diminishing returns kick our butt.

Destruction could use some work. Chaos Bolt isn't all that exciting, it is really just Incinerate. Shadowburn isn't that thrilling besides gaining shards back, so destro doesn't really have good execute.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

No complaints on the rotations (except ISF). Clip dots, spam filler, and you are golden.

-Make the warlock tier sets with the class in mind. What's with all the bright oranges, yellows, and blues? I thought T11 was pretty good looking, but T12 and 13 are disappointing =/. I LOVE the tentacle idea for T13, but it is just too happy looking. Nothing says shadowy death and doom like easter colors.

-Drain mana! Other than interrupting a spell every 24 seconds, we have no protection against casters. I want it back.

-Doomguard/Infernal to not have a 10 freaking minute CD. Lower that crap!
-Voidwalker Sacrifice bubble needs a buff. It is a paper shield.

-Demon Soul to be a bit more creative in its visual effects. The lock could mimic certain details of the demon pet, we merge souls after all.
--DS Examples:
---Succubus: Toon gains succubus' wings.
---Felhunter: Toon gains those eystalks felhunter has.. if that's what they are/are called.
---Imp: Fiery Horns.. duh.
---Voiwalker: Toon becomes dark and shadowy.. maybe turn dark blue.
---Felgaurd: Maybe mimic the felgaurd's armor.

-Affliction:
--Shadow embrace to be a self buff and not a debuff on the enemy.
--Curse of Exhaustion to have a little bit bigger slow.

-Demo:
--Make the Felguard less ugly, if possible.

-Destro:
--Needs more interesting abilities, 2 spells that cost talent points that to the same damage as incinerate but act as if you have an extra stack of Backdraft.
--Scrap Corruption.. doesn't really belong in that spec.
--Soul Fire to not have a travel time. Make Soul Fire actually burn the enemy's soul instead of just a fireball. Fireballs belong in the Mage department. Soul Fire to have a longer duration than 15 seconds when 3 seconds is spent casting it, in addition to travel time.
--Conflagerate to reset Immolate.. /drool
--Needs, needs, NEEDS an execute.... shadowburn is pathetic.

What is "Searing Pain"?
Eye of Kilrogg -- sometimes it is still fun in pvp.
Enslave Demon
Summon Succubus... sadly.
Fel Flames in PvE.
Banish (only used for pvp on other lock's pet)

Affliction:
Soul Burn.. Seed of corruption is its only use.
Drain Life - Not enough heal.

Demo:
Demonic Empowerment is completly useless.
Edited by Gienah on 9/14/2011 10:02 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
PvE, I used to PVP but looking to get back into it soon.

Raiding.

None currently.

Honestly none. Better burst damage would be nice for affliction though.

I just love the mechanics of the warlock specs. Especially Affliction but I love all three.

Hmm... Making portals for lazy people? Lol jk. I love the warlock I don't see any qualities that would make my class less fun.

I feel like they are where they need to be. Demo feels like its really more for AoE situations though. Maybe it could have more of a single target feel to it when needed also.

Nothing that I can think of, Dark Intent cleared it up! I love DI!

Hmm... Fel Flame (without the 4p t11 proc), Curse of Weakness and Curse of Tounges. Those are the ones that I can think of at the moment! Oh yeah, Searing Pain has pretty much always been useless and the Succubus is pretty irrelevant.
Edited by Sorrowspell on 9/13/2011 4:54 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock
- Majority of my time is spent on PvE content these days, though I have been known to dabble in PvP. I have played extensively since Vanilla, mostly PvP on the lock then, while raiding on my prot Warrior. Switch to raiding with my Warlock as my main during MH/BT, and have played her since.

- A lot of progression raiding on my main character, alt raids on other toons. Currently 4/7 heroic 25m content in progression. First Alliance toon on the server with the staff, second on the server overall. I care a lot about other content like collecting pets/mounts and achievements as well, and periodically go back and get groups to do achievements for older content.

- I've been an on and off player in Arenas. I BG only while levelling alts, unless I can queue with a pocket healer. I would love to RBG more often, but usually can't find the people when I can play.

- I used to have a really big issue with finding enough buttons to put all of my usable spells on. Some of the changes in the past have helped with this (merging Curse of Shadows into Curse of Elements), but it still feels like an issue. I never need as many bars on my other character as I do on my lock. (I am, however, very VERY grateful for the soul shard change from the past. Yay bag space.)
- Pet issues by far is the biggest issue these days. Our pets getting glitched out in certain situations, e.g. on Nef's pillars, the center of Cho'gall's room, or just being unresponsive in general. Losing the pet bar arbitrarily is annoying. I recently summoned an imp and it had a 19 day debuff of summoning sickness which persisted through resummons and relogging. Please test pet issues more thoroughly.
- Having a 10 min cd on our Guardian is frustrating, especially when we have quick wipes on fights, e.g. Baleroc, where Hero is popped on the pull, and I have to either go without my Guardian, or try and delay the pull. Maybe reset the cd on death? Or reduce the cd via a set bonus like Ele Shaman's Fire Ele. Using a debuff mechanic like with Heroism would work as well.
- Hard casting Imp SF is a pain in the rear. We do it because it gives a good buff to our dmg, but I hate doing it.
- Dps is somewhat dependent on DI targets. We roll with 3 locks usually, sometimes 4 and if we only have say 1 spriest, no boomkin, 1 hunter, no ferals, no fire or frost mages, our uptime drops from 95% average for the top 5 specs to 75% on the next spec.
- There are times when I do not enjoy having to choose between useful glyphs and having to glyph/reglyph every other fight. E.g. when I know I am going to be in a BR rotation, and I should glyph for the 70% hp rez, instead of a survivability glyph like Soul Link or HS, when we already have low burst survivability.

- Lots of damage. Being a pure dps class really is about dps meters for me. Since I can't heal or tank, what good would I be if our class was always on the low end of meters?
- Being able to competitively play demo in raids was a nice change. Learning the spec and play style broke up the monotony of always being spec'd destro/aff.
- Love Metamorphosis. Wish being Demo let you take that form permanently.
- I like that I'm still the only class that can provide certain utility in raids that no other class provides, e.g. Summons and Healthstones. However, I wish I could be more actively useful to the raid, e.g. Death Grip sons on Rag, Ring of Frost adds on Nef, Rallying Cry as a raid cd, etc.

- Having low burst survivability. Spriests can disperse, mages can iceblock, but locks don't have anything besides a health stone or death coil (for PvP). When faced against a melee dps or two, there is nothing we can do outside of Death Coil, and once that's up, even if it buys me enough time to cast a fear, melee dps can typically immune it, and I'm gg'd.
- Long hard cast times purely for a buff bothers me. E.g. Imp SF as Destro, and pet swapping as Demo on single target fights.
Edited by Inkh on 9/14/2011 10:48 AM PDT
85 Human Warlock
Continued...

General
- Better than the Sbolt spam days, but when it comes to AoE as Destro or Aff, I find it boring.
- Warlocks have by far more usable spells in any one spec than almost every other spec out there. While I enjoy our rotations, I can see how they can be too complex for a more casual player. I easily use 23+ unique spells in any given fight in any given spec.

Affliction
- Most of how Affliction plays seem pretty right to me.
- I find myself clipping Drain Soul before it even gets halfway through the cast to refresh Haunt. Why make the cast time so long if we are going to clip anyway?
- For some mobs with a long travel time, there is no way to refresh Haunt without it dropping off if I'm not very close, e.g. Al'akir or Ragnaros. Shorten the cd on Haunt maybe?
Destruction
- Destro play style is pretty solid, but pretty unplayable right now in PvE due to the difference in damage between it and aff/demo. Is this meant to be a PvP only spec these days?
- Imp SF. Ugh. See above about hard casts.
- Corruption and BoD seem weird being used with this spec. Ever since the latter half of BC, I've always associated Destro with fast casting, reasonably high burst fire damage, and those two shadow DoTs seem odd.
- Shadowburn execute doesn't feel strong enough to me.
- I think Shadowfury, Netherward are excellent though.
Demo
- Pet swapping.
- Having a guardian be on a 10m cd for progression fights. My dps will vary significantly based on if this cd is up or not when we pull.
- RNG on reducing Meta cd can mess up your overall rotation which is a bit irksome.
- Demo damage is this weird mixture of fire and shadow spells, and while it has some very unique abilities, e.g. Meta and abilities used in Meta form, the rest of its rotation seem to be spells that were randomly chosen from the Aff/Destro trees. We couldn't even get devs to give us a unique execute? Kinda lame.

General
- Teleport on a shorter cd. Mages can blink every 8 seconds without having to drop a portal first.
- 10 min guardian being usable again if we die/wipe.
- A defensive cooldown that can significantly reduce our damage taken, usable while stunned or incapacitated.
Affliction
- Haunt should also be refreshed by Drain Soul, or maybe Drain Soul crits, so we can actually cast it for its full duration.
Destruction
- Get rid of Imp SF, and give us an overall buff instead.
- Shadowburn should be stronger.
- Immolate should be castable while moving, like Scorch.
- Searing Pain related talents should be removed, or the spell should be reworked.
Demonology
- Better single target dps for Felguard.
- Not requiring a pet swap to maximize your single target dps.
- Non-meta Demo specific spells needs some love. WTB unique spells, not requiring Meta, especially for our execute. SF with Decimation is barely a dps increase.
- I think it'd be extremely cool to be able to enslave/tame demon or elemental NPCs.

- Searing Pain
- Enslave Demon
- Demon Armor
- Succubus, Voidwalker
- Curse of Weakness
- Curse of Tongues (in PvE)
- Eye of Kilrogg (cool idea. I'd like it to be kept in game, but altered to be more useful in some way.)
- Demonic Empowerment
- Demon Leap (situationally used, but majority of the time I'm in demon form I don't need it, and it's a waste to pop Meta just for leap when you can portal instead, since its destination is harder to control.)
Edited by Inkh on 9/14/2011 10:43 AM PDT
82 Dwarf Shaman
Wanted to add this for my Warlock post (under "Mignius"; can't change character right now and didn't want the change to get lost in that post, so I'm doing it separate):

What's on your wish list for your class?

Gear for minions. Gear that could buff combat abilities would be great, but gear that allows us to customize the appearance of our minions would be very nice too.
90 Human Warlock
Both

All types

All types

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

-No longer having soul shards! This was a great change, but in many encounters and pvp situations its impossible or unreasonably difficult to generate more. Drain Soul used to proc a soul shard on ticks - bring that back for those single target fights.
-Long term pet bugs are an incredible daily frustration
-Soulstone battle rez - great change
-Soul Swap - excellent addition to Affliction, though our dps was more competitive before the nerf
- Dark Intent - great addition, though we shouldn't have to memorize a cost/benefit chart analysis of the best class/spec to put it on in a given situation

I have played all classes, and warlocks has been the most challenging class to master. We are specialists in PVE and PVP. We have to work our asses off to be as effective as the other pure dps classes. You have more tricks in our bag and more situational spells than any other class. I went on epic quest chains to enslave my minions. We are evil, what more can you say.

- We aren't as evil as we once were. Make us evil again.
- Even though I have dual spec, I still have to pay for respeccing a few times a week if I want to do PVE and PVP, there should be an option for a separate pvp spec and 2 pve specs. I think if you just equalize the damage across specs for warlocks, you wash the flavor out of each one, you have done a great job of redoing all of the trees to make them unique and full of depth. I don't mind going Demo or specializing for fights with adds then switching back to affliction, but its a PIA and expensive to also need to respec for arena, rbgs, then back at it the next week.
- We have to work our asses off to be as effective as the other pure dps classes. warlocks were not made for clearing trash (unless you change your spec to demo and switch from
a ranged to melee class).
-We are 1 of the 4 "pure" DPS classes, yet routinely produce lower damage output than some hybrid classes in both raiding and pvp at similar gear levels. (dps warriors, feral druids for example).
-Our pets are broken since they received their 'new and improved' abilities.
-They have been broken for 10 months - that's a long time to be living with such a quality of Life issue
-Pet bars disappear and pets without a bar are unable to be dismissed without summoning a new one
-They attack targets on their own unless on passive at all times
-Don't you dare mount or go through a portal with a pet out for fear of your pet despawning
-Rezzing with an imp while affliction is a slap in the face every time it happens, which is a lot (I know, die less)
Sure its a 'known issue' for hunters and locks, but 10 months of such a glaring bug in the game is disheartening. Pets are integral to our dps and survival via soul link, knowing we will may have to wait until an expansion for such a fix to such an important aspect of the game is fairly ridiculous.
-Our Health generating effects did not scale properly to our current health pool levels
-Unstable Affliction dispel penalty not severe enough, to the point where it is regularly dispelled in arena matches without a significant effect on the match. I know there are supposed to be 'anti-classes' but dispel mechanics being what they are, affliction damage can be almost completely nullified in pvp. Make mana burn and dispel cost more mana to remove spammability.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I feel that if your rotation is more difficult than another class, perfect rotation should = more damage

Affliction:
-I like that in order to maximize your damage you have to have a perfect rotation.
-Rotation is great except for the destruction filler spam. Drain life is more evil and therefore more interesting. Less dots than in the past is convenient, but less challenging and interesting than it used to be.
-rolling siphon life into the tree and out of the rotation made sense but Affliction feels less 'dotty' I could definitely see this spell coming back into my rotation
-Soul Burn should benefit a standard affliction spell, I never use it except for very situational SOC

Continued...
90 Human Warlock
...Continued
Demonology:
-Fun and hectic rotation but when not in Metamorphosis, damage is very lackluster. If you made Metamorphosis a permanent form like spriests and boomkins and applied general Meta buff, this spec would be much more popular. And we would feel more evil.

Destruction:
Now as complicated as Affliction used to be, has the 'plate spinning' 'keeping balls in the air' feel for a rotation - remove the need for dots to be included in the rotation for dps to be competitive and this will feel more like the burst spec its supposed to be - raid leaders still look to hunters and mages for true fast burst, we have nothing equivalent even though this is our burst spec. Many good comments from other locks on the problems with Destro spec - Improved Soul Fire, plenty said already about it

-Comparable CC. we have no cc that lasts over 20 seconds like rogues, mages, and hunters (even shammies, druids and priests!) do. In every case, when given a choice between a lock and a class that can throw up a cc without pulling and still work their full rotation, you will never choose a lock to cc.

-Bring back the Dreadsteed Quest (Paladin charger quest while you are at it), or any of the original Demon quests (imp, succy VW). These contributed greatly to the flavor of the class, there really isn't anything as captivating about leveling a lock anymore. Removal of these quest lines in favor of efficiency and simplifying the leveling process really just makes the leveling process feel more grindy and fails to impart a sense of connection to your warlock. I understand that the quests for all classes are now more storyline based and tighter in scope, but the feeling of being a master of demons is really arbitrary now.

-There are a dozen or so Demon models and their relevant spells in the game that would improve on our generic vanilla versions of demons. Allowing for our pets to be upgraded in some way, or new demons to be available would go a long way to restoring the sense of connection and meaning lost with the removal of the original pet quests. 20 demons is a lot more evil than 5.

-There are flying demons, there is no reason to not have a flying demon mount - maybe you could bring back the epic mount questline for this mount eh? It would feel pretty evil...

-Bring back Drain Mana, or nerf Mana Burn for priests in the same fashion that Drain Life was nerfed for locks. Drain Mana is more evil. Why did we lose it?

-Shadow Embrace should be a player buff and not a target debuff. We are embracing the shadow not the target!

-More green fire - Fel Flame was a great start, but since no one uses Chaos Bolt, the rest of our fire is, well, magey fire. Green fire is more evil.

-Doomguards/Infernals should be useable every boss attempt and not every other attempt - you made raids harder, more wipes all around, you fixed heroism cd to reset with death, seems a pretty simple fix

-Void Walker - our tank pet does not hold aggro that scales with gear (I don't need to tank raid bosses, but give us a lil sumthin sumthin here), bubble is weak, only time I use it is to look for stealthies in pvp

-Mages have ice block, rogues have cloak, how about changing soul shatter (and feign death) to offer similar utility?

-Make Destro PVP viable by protecting Immolate a la Unstable Affliction, once you fix UA of course.

-Enslave demon - give us some demons to enslave in the content and we will start using this spell again or better yet, turn it into Tame Demon as mentioned before and I will feel more evil.
-a note about Eye of Killrogg for other locks - its incredibly useful in BG maps like Arathi Basin and Gilneas for scouting. If you made EOK more like the eyes in game - attackable and maybe allow them to do something other than see - like drop an advance teleport, allow it to be soulburned for an added effect, more locks would use it - like maybe as an antidote to a rogue's smoke bomb, or allow line of sight where there is none.
- Searing Pain - no need for ranged tanks in this expansion, no use for an increased threat spell. Give us some tanking duties, we will feel more evil.
- Chaos Bolt not worth 31 points for the amount of damage it does. Wet noodles are not evil.
- Drain Life has lost its effectiveness, now only used to proc shadow trance. We feel more evil when we drain things of stuff.
- Rain of Fire - Should be changed to "Sprinkle of Fire" - only use is to keep people off flags in bgs, mana hog for the amount of damage it does.
- Banish - you added a couple of elementals and an imp in ZA, but not much use for this cc. Make more demons.
- Curse of Weakness/Tongues - these de-buffs are constantly provided/overridden by other classes so I don't use them in PVE much anymore
90 Human Warlock

PVE

Heroics, and Raids.

ISF....it sucks lol. The pet glitches are getting quite annoying, and Fear cc still pulling aggro.

I play Destro and while it can be a huge challenge keeping up with the rotation, I really enjoy being kept on my toes especially during raids when I have to watch both rotation and environment. Destro...if it wasn't for the low dps at times has made every other class and spec boring for me.

I love my difficult rotation...but it kinda makes me feel cheated when a mage can throw out more dps then me by just hitting like 3 buttons...lol. Its taken me lots of reading and perfecting to get my dps up only to be told again and again by other players that I should respec to Affliction cause it's better damage...

I like the rotation however I feel like it needs a little cleaning up and some of our spells don't really feel very "burst" it feels more like a pillow fight.

Being able to tame certain types of demons...would be awesome!

The tier sets need to be more...warlock...more gothic looking perhaps..and that doesn't mean make us look like a stanky rag doll like that set in Wrath lol..I forget the name.

Space Goat Warlocks!!

Eye of kilrogg
Hellfire
Curse of tounges
--Both
--Raids
--Arenas and BGs equally
--I think warlocks are pretty good with the new soulshard system, so i have no complains about that. But i wanted another cooldown, like summon a minor demon for a few secs.
--Really like to use the demons to kill, and the more varieties of demons the better
--Sometimes im not able to run away from the fight.
--I like rotations, makes things more interesting.
--More demons.
--Curse of weakness.
85 Undead Death Knight
edit: wont let me change to my lock char idk why
What type of content do you focus on? [Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Life Tap actually hurting me a decent bit

What makes playing your class more fun? Not anything class related, It's just i'm the best at it and do better on it. If it was anything I could say Teleport.

What makes playing your class less fun? Having to always spam the same rotation of DoTS on anything I do, not being able to play Destro for anything serious.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Awful for PVE, It's okay in PvP but for PvP all my rotation is UA - soulswap, PvE rotation is pretty typical i guess, keep stuff up then spam fillers.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Being able to play destruction seriously again, or giving demonology a perma form like shadow priest. Making Fel Armor back to how it was or at least making its 2nd effect not useless, making the corruption talent a 100% to heal again instead of 50

What spells do you use the least? Curse of Weakness and Tongues to an extent, but tongues I can still use sometimes, weakness is just like... no... lol
Edited by Ozzeric on 9/13/2011 5:38 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
-Vast majority of the time I do PvE, however occasionally I will do a BG or two for fun.

-Heroics and Raids, with the vast majority of my time focused on normal-mode raid progression in a 25-man guild.

-Typically only regular BGs.

-Overall I am quite satisfied with quality of like as a warlock from a PvE perspective. I enjoy the utility and abilities the class presents to myself as a player and to my raid as a raider. My issues with the class (and specifically the destruction spec) are better addressed with the later questions.

-Being a fire/shadow wielding master of destruction.
-Cool pets with interesting and useful abilities
-Interesting abilities like; demonic circle, soulstone, nether protection (destro), soulwell/summon (only class in game that can summon in a raid FTW), shadowfury (destro), Bane of Havoc (destro), Dark Intent
-A large variety of spells to do damage
-Three very different dps talent trees
-Cool looking tier sets
-Very useful raid utility

-Gimped damage as destro
-The lack of an execute as destro

-My biggest complaint as a Destro warlock is the rotation. The rotation feels clunky and cumbersome. Having to keep the Improved Soul Fire debuff up all the time is a HUGE pain with how long the cast time is, how little damage the spell itself does, and how it just adds another DoT to the rotation. For the amount of work I have to do to keep all my spells on CD that are part of the destro rotation (which are a lot) the corresponding dmg is disappointing at best. I'm not complaining about multi-dotting or anything like that, that's part of playing a warlock. What I am unsatisfied with is the large amount of spells (especially Improved Soul Fire) that clutter up the rotation, kill our maneuverability in raids, and output mediocre DPS in a raid setting. Also I really miss shadowbolt :) Any way destro could choose to cast one or the other? ^^

-Make destro rotation smoother, with less spells or something to that effect
-Give destro an execute-style ability
-Make doomguard a 5-man CD so it can be used every respectable boss attempt (with dmg adjust if needed)

-Shadowbolt
-Demon Armor
88 Blood Elf Warlock

I work on both, though pve seems more fun to me. Maybe i just suck at it, but pvp seems to only be fun in BGs.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
In pve i do heroics and raids. with pvp, do arenas, BGs and rated BGs, but probably more BGs than arena

i feel like a good reason that i changed from destro to demo was the fact that i always had to keep an eye on improved soul fire. other than that, no problems.

i like the difference that we have from other casters. the amount of dots and our pets makes us different from casters and ranged like hunters, mages and ele shamans.

when fighting, i like to see huge bursts of damage/crits going everywhere. i feel like im missing out on some of that with the extremely steady amount of damage that demo and affliction puts out. sure, destro can put out some burst, but it just doesnt seem to do enough total damage to be worth it.

I like the way demo's rotation works. It has a steady feeling enough that i know what im doing next, but has a good amount of procs that i will at least be doing something other than the same routine over and over.

Demo:
i feel like felguards are shown as an important part of the spec, but is only useful for single target. I love the felguard and would love to see it being the main pet for demo.
Destro:
i HATE keeping up improved soul fire. i feel like i throw off my rotation with every soul fire hardcast with the amount of dots that i also have to keep up.
Affliction:
I only spec into this for pvp, but it seems pretty solid in that area.

i rarely cast soul shatter, only because i rarely find myself with threat problems. Curse of Weakness is probably the spell that i never use. other than that, most spells have found their way into some kind of rotation, whether it be pve or pvp

85 Undead Warlock
PvP/ PvE
Heroics, dungeons, raids
Arena, Rbg's, Bg's
It annoys me that pets stay out now and run beside me when im on my mount, causes him to glitch often and not show his attack bar. Also destruction spec feels like all i need to do is spam shadowbolt and incinerate, i feel like a mage at that point.
Afflction spec
Not being able to go about and taming demon's, or name them.
For Demo and Destro it seems i just need to spam shadowbolt, affliction is great though.
More DoTs, or possibly a class flying mount would be nice ( flying demon)
Eye of Kilrogg, curse of the elements, curse of weakness
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]