(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both, mostly PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids and Heroics

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• RBG

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Improved soulfire is a very frustrating and annoying buff to keep up. Chaos Bolt is a tad under powered for being a final talent. Drain life is no longer viable. Buff the other demons so that they can compete with the felhunter. I don't like how much I have to rely on my Demon to do well, especially considering there are a few instances where it bugs out and just freezes. For example in the fight with Nef in BWD; on the first initial drop, the pet will stop moving.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I just love the idea of dotting up the target and watching their lives get sucked away. DoTs are fun.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Affliction and Demonology are very fun to play. Only one that isn't for me is Destruction.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Rotation is great, gets complex and gives the user a nice challenge at times.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• More damaging Destruction spec, Drain Life spec making a comeback, and other demons becoming more viable. Faster Soul Fire cast; or just something to fix the improved soul fire mechanic.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Have yet to use enslave demon. Every single demon that matters is immune.
    Searing pain- why a cloth would ever want to generate threat is beyond me.
    Soulburn- Never use it outside of switching demons or bringing one back right on the get go.
    Edited by Ilos on 9/14/2011 11:57 AM PDT
    85 Human Warlock
    I must also add, into my wish list which i can no longer find.

A reduction of the icd on backlash, this is so important i cannot stress this enough. we are the last hard casting spec in pvp along with elemental shamans. The reasons for this are that with the current state of interrupts... even with dispel protection on immolate... it wll be far too easy and effective for melee to sit on the destro lock and not allow casts.

with nearly no pressure what so ever coming out of us while being tunneled, there is no reason not to dispel immolate (depending on the type of protection it gets if any) because a healer can handle it as there is no pressure. I am not asking for huge pressure even while trained but a 3 second reduction in ICD with immolate protection OR a 5 sec ICD reduction without immolate protection would be very reasonable since it wont be hitting that hard and we do not have crit mechanics to make it over powered either.

I have also become aware of some datamined destro results from supposed 4.3 ptr. if these are true i wish to advise against an increase in shadow fury stun time and to ask for backlash changes instead. this would be much more balanced in my opinion and wont envoke an uproar from the community as they already hate shadowfury.
    85 Human Warlock
    .What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE.

.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids.

.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Improved Soul Fire for Destruction Spec is annoying.
    The fake Conflagrate Proc (Destruction) when some other Warlock apply immolate on your target (fix this fgs).

.What makes playing your class more fun?
    Destruction Rotation and dots. I love when warlocks used to look DARK in the past (like warlocks should be).

.What makes playing your class less fun?
    Weak on quick fights (like mobs from old content).
    Useless skills and pets.

.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I absolutely love. Please dont change it! (Destruction).

.What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Fix the fake conflagrate proc.
    I really want to find some use to my Succubus and Voidwalker.
    A Warlock fly mount.
    Destruction mastery is a joke and need to be reworked.
    Destruction damage is a joke as a direct damage spec.
    A useful buff to imp like felhunter and felguard do.
    Make Soulstone a buff/Bress instead of summoning.
    5 min of CD for Summon Doomguard/Infernal.

.What spells do you use the least?
    Eye of Kilrog
    Searing Pain
    85 Orc Warlock
    1- What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

2- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

3- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

4- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

5- What makes playing your class more fun?

6- What makes playing your class less fun?

7- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

8- What’s on your wish list for your class?

9- What spells do you use the least?

1- I focus on PvP.

2- PvE only heroic dungs for enchanting mats.

3- Both Arena and Rated BGs.

4- Soulburn skill with soul shards being a resource, not reagent.

5- The ability to distribute Damage-Over-Time effects on multiple players at the same time, while keep crowd control effects up.

6- As affliction the lack of resources to take down a healer alone, even if it's a really long fight. Also the great number of interrupts makes really hard play as another spec on PvP besides affliction, and even affliction have some troubles because the most important spells (Fear, Haunt and Unstable Affliction) have a cast time (short, but still very easily interruptable). One last thing was the overnerf on Soul Swap. Agreed it needed a nerf for the glyph, only 10 secs cooldown was almost nothing, but 30 secs cooldown makes it a "1-shot-weapon" on the Warlock's arsenal, and should be a tool to avoid interrupts on DoTing.

7- Rotation in PvP is relative, but assuming the rotation being the priority, would it be: Haunt, Curse of Elements, Unstable Affliction, Bane of Agony, Corruption a pretty fluid rotation. Also in PvE the rotation is consistent and not boring. The rotation itself is fine, by me.

8- Some stuff to improve Warlock capability on PvP:

- A shorter Cooldown for Soul Swap with the glyph. I.e.: 20 seconds.

- Drain Mana back! This was the greatest tool for a Warlock to face a healer class, now that it's gone warlocks can't pretty much do anything against healers.

- Devour Magic cooldown be parred with other offensive dispell effects. As you said that are probably going to "fix" the offensive dispells on other classes, but Devour magic paired with them.

{Continues below on the other post}
    Edited by Gorigath on 9/13/2011 8:06 PM PDT
    •What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Bit of both, since Cata came out ive focused on PvE only.
    •If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raiding
    •If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Mostly BGs for the casual fun. Not rated BGs.
    •What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    -Not having a real use for Enslave demon during this expansion.
    -Pet action bar randomly dissapearing, can fix it with a quick re-summon but still annoying. For example, during Nefarian and after the jump the action bar dissapears and i have to waste a soulburn to quickly re-summon the pet and fix the bar.
    -Pet sometimes charges my Feared target.
    -I completely miss Drain mana (main reason why i dont do regular pvp anymore).
    -ISF for destro, while the buff is good and the proc rate from the imp helps, feels bad to use a soulburn and free cast it just to see the imp proc it the next second (>.<) and having to hard-summon ISF because im out of soulburns and the imp wont proc during a long boss battle is not a good thing.
    •What makes playing your class more fun?
    -Having a lot of options for DOTS, pets and debuffs makes the class feel unique.
    -Underwater breathing!!! sure eveyone can stand longer underwater but that one simply makes me feel better than the regular swimming cow =)
    -The amazing dreadsteed (miss the quest chain for it)
    -Fear, AoE fear and Banish can save a lot of bad pulls during raids/heroics.
    -Metamorphosis (best spell in the game IMO)
    •What makes playing your class less fun?
    -The long wait times for random heroics.
    -Every spec has "the" pet which means that to get the best procs i have to stick with the imp while being destro. It would be better if every pet had a special use for all the specs and not only the demon soul CD. (more pet flexibility)
    •How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I really like the rotations from demo and destro but i find affli too hard to pull in pve. The proc system is cool for demo but destro could use some help and affli has too many dot/debuff juggling to actually enjoy it. If the dots/debuffs for affli lasted a few secs longer the juggling would be less and the spec could be more flexible.
    •What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -Bring drain mana back!
    -More spellpower scale-up for CB and SF (even incinerate hits for more and casts for less).
    -More use for Enslave demon (i really try to use every spell in the book, even eye of kilrog, but that is one spell i cant use).
    -A real use for Searing pain, back in wrath i used that for warlock tanking fun (yes it was possible to warlock tank stuff during WOTLK), but now thats the 2nd spell i cant find a use for on ANY of the specs.
    -Warlock tanking =)
    •What spells do you use the least?
    -Enslave demon.
    -Searing pain.
    85 Orc Warlock
    {Rest of the post}

- Dispell damage from Unstable Affliction improved. Some classes like Shamans simply do not mind pushing the dispell button to remove an Unstable Affliction, for they heal on dispell pretty much exactly the amount of damage done by the Unstable Affliction. Other classes simply dispell because with only a single instant heal they can restore that damage done. Some suggestions would be capability of crit again on the Unstable Affliction dispell damage, or if it's possible make something more complex, scale the silence 1 sec up for each time it's dispelled every X amount of time (something like CC redution cooldown, you know what I mean?). That way any healer would think twice before pushing the dispell button to remove the DoTs, for it's very punishable for a Warlock in high tiers have to re-dot a target because of the interrupts. (Conjecture: It's possible that with Interrupts nerf overall it's not that punishable anymore, so the capability of critical hit becomes more attractive).

- Drain Life Heal be based on DAMAGE done, not Max HP. That's because every single dps class nowadays for PvP simply doesn't put stamina anymore to increase maximum health, because the damage loss is too great. So as stamina is not a dps stat, put that heal based on a stat not used by the class is just unfair. Also it's not fair all other spec's drain life be as powerfull as Affliction's in healing PoV. So making the self heal on drain life be based on damage makes it really a spell focused mostly on Affliction Warlocks. Other specs will surelly benefit from the heal, of course, but Affliction tree puts drain life as a main spell, so it should be improved for them. But I'm losing my focus here, the wish is very simple: Self Heal from Drain life based on Damage Done by the spell, not on maximum health pool.

- Curse of Exhaustion buff. This curse was supposed to work almost as Slow (Arcane Mage's exclusive spell). 30% Reduction on move speed is not that great anymroe on the current concept of the game. Any melee class can easily outrun you using their slow effects. This spell was supposed to be a "stay away" spell against melee classes, it's not filling that role pretty well. A suggestion for how to buff this, use the Slow model (but not THAT good, only affects move speed, not casting and attack): 50% movement speed reduction, but can only affect 1 target at a time.

9- Searing Pain (It's damage is no longer suitable as a filler, drain life or shadow bolt are more efficient to use). Banish (few targets are affected. Basically only other warlock's and mage's pets. I think it should be usable on Demon Form Warlocks, as the spell says he turns into a demon, but tht's me talking...) and Curse of Exhaustion (slow effect is not that great anymore, but it's still usefull sometimes).
    Reminded now of Eslave Demon. Basically no use at all. You lose your pet to get a demon wich has no proc use with the spec, totally useless now, and should be one of the funniest spells in the game.
    Edited by Gorigath on 9/13/2011 8:10 PM PDT
    85 Gnome Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics, with progression to raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Excessive ramp-up time before being productive in a group
    Being a slave to said ramping - maintaining Shadow Embrace, et. al
    DPS/Complexity Curve too flat across classes, and with some classes it is inverted. There should be more achievable dps for more complex rotation/priority lists
    Excessive dps loaded onto the pet, which exacerbates the frustration when the pet glitches, and punishes the lock when a guardian (replacing the pet) is imposed by a quest
    Colorless soul shard choices
    Forced pet choice

What makes playing your class more fun?
    Right now, mainly the memories of a time when the class played smoothly

What makes playing your class less fun?
    Encounters that require burst on adds for the group to succeed
    Encounters that wipe out ramp-up
    (Both of these two seem to be very popular with encounter designers right now)
    Crowding out of groups by very robust hybrid class designs (NOTE: this is different from the relative - and transient - OP/UP relationship between classes; it is inherent in the overall state of design of the different classes)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Too mechanical and artificial, and not intuitive, as it used to be. Too forced by developers into narrow channels of play style

What’s on your wish list for your class?
    More robust, intuitive rotation, such as by baking SE into Haunt and not relying so heavily on SB. I'd take additional dots (such as Immolate and Soul Siphon) in a heartbeat
    Pet choices being less forced
    Non-trivial choices in talent trees

What spells do you use the least?
    The ones artificially not allowed to afflictions specs, such as immolate
    Also the spells like deathcoil or voidwalker sac that do not scale
    Edited by Zurick on 9/13/2011 8:28 PM PDT
    94 Blood Elf Warlock

Simple. A flying class mount such as a mixture of the dread steed and black drake
    I play a Demonology Warlock. The forum's going through a bug; won't let me change characters.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Having to take the time to resummon a demon when they lag so far behind me when I'm riding my mount that they desummon. Absolutely annoying. I'd prefer it be the old way where the demons disappeared when we mounted up and reappeared whenever we got off our mounts, as I never had any problem with it, but then some people would complain about the demons being killed time they got off their mount because of the health issue.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Being so flexible. I've actually, occasionally, tanked a boss, me and my Felguard, with just a healer up after a group wipes. That's always so much fun. Really puts you on edge, y'know? Adrenaline rush.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Why do I need to switch out my Felguard for my Felhunter on single targets now?

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I love it. Very happy with it.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Warlock fly mount. I get really excited whenever I think about it.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Shadow Ward
    Rain of Fire
    Summon Voidwalker
    Curse of Exhaustion/Weakness
    Curse of Tongues
    Enslave Demon
    Unending Breath
    Fel Flame
    Bane of Agony
    I use Eye of Kilrogg a lot.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    Destruction Warlock (Survivor of a kind)

Both

Heroics/Raid

Arena/BG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Decrease Doomguard/Infernal cooldown applying a debuff to the warlock that reset with death so we can use them again in case of wipes.
    Sacrifice and Shadow/Nether ward should scale with warlocks intellect or something, honestly its ridiculous the amount of damage absorption.

The ability of making others hate us from the botton of their hearts at the same time they fear us (Nowadays kind of a difficult task for a destro warlock /sigh).
    Also like the class mechanics, we are a ranged class but each spec has its unique playstyle.

Getting immolate dispelled. I really hate when that happens...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I kind of like the complexity of our rotations as long our damage is worth our efforts.
    Curruption is kind of misplaced in our rotation if it was a fire damage at least...
    Another thing is ISF, its a pain to hard cast this thing with such a huge cast time and a small buff duration due to all the cooldowns we need to watch.

Fix the damage coeficient of our spells.
    Destruction is supposed to be the nuke spec but lately I really doubt I can kill a critter
    with just one hit. The inconsistence of our damage drive me nuts, I cant rely on any of my spells for a decent damage specially in pvp. u keep casting and casting and using your supposed most powerfull spells and feeling like u r just using your wand. Not mentioning that most of the time my pet hits harder than me.

Chaosbolt and incinerate hits like a pillow, and the first one is supposed to deal a better damage as a last talent of a spec.

Shadowburn should be a fire-based spell (since destruction is a fire-based spec it doesnt make sense this to do only shadow damage) and work like an execute due to its mechanic. Most of the time it deals too little damage that u keep thinking if u really used it...

Our CC's should work like all others in pve, no longer aggro other mobs from a pull, last longer...

Searing Pain is kind of a useless spell at higher levels.

Sometimes the pets simply refuses to obey orders and its really annoying specially in pvp.
    Another thing is the disapearence of pets it happens a lot when u r mounted,they disapear because they slow down and u get too far from it.

Warlocks could have a demonic flying mount and maybe a diferent pet, or the ability to enslave and keep some demons as pets, this would make enslave demon a more usefull spell...

Searing Pain
    Curse of Weakness
    Edited by Murasakì on 9/13/2011 8:33 PM PDT
    85 Undead Warlock
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics if anything, havent raided since cata came out.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas, RBGs, and bgs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Melee destroy us so easily even popping all cooldowns an equally skilled melee can out play us very easily.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Getting lucky and blowing people up with no resilience as destruction
    getting those huge conflagrate/chaosbolt combo crits that made destro locks one of the most "Feared" classes in a PvP environment.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Destruction is not viable anymore in basically any PvP environment.
    -getting absoloutly destroyed by Melee classes.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    im fine with the rotations of all 3 specs.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I want destruction to scale better with damage like it did in Wotlk.
    IDEAS TO MAKE DESTRUCTION BETTER: A couple ideas i had to make this spec good again was
    -mabey give Chaos Bolt a 100% chance to critically hit if Immolate is on the target and increase Chaos bolts damage by 15%
    -Incinerate can be casted while moving if glyphed (like elemental shamans lightning bolt).
    -If Immolate is dispelled it increases your haste by 50% for the next 3 destruction spells.
    -If my cast while moving incinerate idea does not fly, mabey while backdraft is active 30% increased haste and also all destruction spells can be cast while moving while Backdraft is active.
    -Demon Soul should be based on spec not pet. such as the IMP Demon Soul buff should be for destro only. felhunter - just for affliction.
    - You told us not to say this but please INCREASE OUR OVERALL DAMAGE IN DESTRUCTION! Bring back the good old days of blowing kids up. warlocks should be above all a very feared caster. not what it is today :/

■What spells do you use the least?
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Searing Pain
    Hellfire
    90 Human Warlock
    Demons that Warlocks should/could get:

Mo'args
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Mo%27arg
    Strong demons within the burning legion that are very good at tinkering/engineering and went as far as to infuse their own bodies with mechanical parts to allow better performance in battle.
    (Mo'arg in WoW: The Maker in Blood Furnace)

Potential Abilities: (as seen in the game by the existing Mo'args)

[Chemical Toss] Throws a vial of explosive chemicals at the target dealing x damage and throwing them in the air.

[Acid Spray] AoE acid attack, dealing X nature damage and y nature damage over 6 seconds.

[Saw Blade] Strikes the target, dealing X melee damage that ignores % of armor.

Pit Lord
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Pit_lords
    Very powerful demons that are high ranked in the Burning Legion. Few true names are known, a warlock to capture one may have to go on a dangerous quest to learn.
    (Brutallus in Sunwell)

Potential Abilities: (as seen in the game by the existing Pit Lords)

[Meteor Slash] Deals fel-fire damage in a cone to all targets in front, increasing fire damage taken by x% for 10-15 seconds.

[Burn] Deals fire damage to the target, and deals damage to all targets within 10 yards of that target..

[Berserk] Increases damage done and taken by 10% for 20 seconds.

Shivarra
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Shivarra
    Tall female amazon-like demons. They serve the burning legion as priestesses and military chaplains.
    (Dalliah the Doomsayer in Tempest Keep)

Potential Abilities: (as seen in the game by the existing Shivarras)

[Dark Gift] A curse is placed on the target, healing the Shivarra for 50% of the amount that the target is healed.

[Shadow Wave] A shadowbolt like attack that causes the target to take 20% more shadow damage for 4 seconds.

[Prismatic Aura] Reduces nature/shadow/arcane/holy/fire/ice/ect damage taken (x being the last type of spell used against you, if N/A then random) by 40% but increases damage taken by a different random element by 60% last 10 seconds.

[Dark Renew] Restores 5% of the Shivarra's health per 2 seconds to the target, lasts 10 seconds. Cannot be used on the Shivarra.

Beholder:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Beholder
    One eyed, many tentacled demons.
    (Broggok in Blood Furnace)

Potential Abilities: (as seen in the game by the existing Beholders)

[Gaze] Focuses on the target, increasing damage by 20% for next two basic attacks. Last 5 seconds.

[Tentacles] Attacks with 10 tentacles, 60% of normal melee. Each successful hit increases damage by 10% but reduces chance to hit by 5%. If all hits land, the last hit will be a critical.
    1 minute cooldown.

[Grab] Pulls all targets within 10 yards of the master to the Beholder.
    2 minute cooldown.

Note to jerks: These are just ideas, not saying they should be taken and put directly into the game, only showing what could happen...and what would make sense. There's no reason that Warlocks who are master of demons would limit themselves to only five out of the hundreds.

90 Undead Warlock
    Warlock flying mount, but with a quest like the Dreadsteed attached to it. None of this "See your trainer!" stuff. I want to work for it. I want the reward to be earned not gifted.

Got to admit, I really was proud of achieving my Dreadstead of Xoroth. Many locks just bought a mount instead of going for that spell, or Doomguard/Infernal for that matter.

Know Blizzard has stated class specific quest are a high resource - low use endeavor.

I really liked the epicness of the quest chain and the uniqueness of the mount. It generated powerful emotions (i.e. fun) to quest for the mount and my guild tank swore off Dire Maul after helping me obtain mine. It created a memorable event that bonded Warlocks in a masochistic Fraternity and guild members really appreciated being able to just buy their epic mounts.

Just granting it via trainer diminished the effort, pride, and sense of community amongst Warlocks. Would be excited to see a new flying class mount with a similar epic quest line to achieve. My top pick for a Warlock class flying mount is a Frostwyrm, like the PvP mount, but with Fire Red or Fel Flame Green. Shadow Purple would be fine if not translucent.
    91 Human Warlock
    posted way back.... and left out one thing many have reminded me off as far as missing..

I truly enjoy the epic quest for my Dreadstead.

now... either add a good demon for us to summon or i wouldn't mind another epic flying demon quest.

really..everything in the game is cheap.. so even if it's a gold dump, that's OK.
    I figure I might as well answer this thread. To whoever ends up reading this blizz-side, all these comments are going to refer to Season 9, since I had no serious activity in Season 10.

PvP

N/A

Arena. BGs for fun.

Any and all pet bugs cause major issues, especially since much of Affliction's burst comes from Shadowbites with full DoTs rolling.
    The (relatively) new pet mechanic where the pet disengages when CC is cast by the warlock is idiotic. This should be able to be turned off.
    MMR bug issues.

BG: Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest place very little emphasis on actual PvP combat. Alterac Valley can finish with virtually zero PvP occuring.

Outplaying other players.

See quality-of-life issues.

I don't PvE. PvP Affliction has no rotation.

Make Shadowflame glyph baseline.

Not necessarily specific to the class, but allowing spells to function slightly differently in PvE and PvP (say, triggered by entrance into a dungeon/raid or arena/bg instance, or being in a duel, or being put in combat by a player) would allow PvP and PvE to be balanced independently where necessary.

[/quote]What spells do you use the least?[/quote]
    Voidwalker
    Succubus
    Any destruction- or demonology-specific abilities (spells only accessible to destro or demo specced players)
    Searing Pain
    Immolate
    Incinerate
    Eye Of Kilrogg
    Unending Breath
    Soulshatter
    90 Human Warlock
    -PvP

-Enjoy Normal BGs, but Arenas just for Conquest Points
    -World PvP

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    -Limited to provided pets, not tamable like Hunter nor instant summon like Mage for ex
    -Cannot fully customize pet / change to desired name but randomized
    -Pet Bugs when dismount
    -Unreliable CC vs most Melee / extremely difficult to get melee off you (PvP)
    -Jealously of having seen other casters having more mechanical spells to play with
    Ex:
    Mage: Slow fall / Teleport / Ring of Frost / Mirror Image / Time Warp
    While Warlock's summoning requires additional players to channel

-Soul Burn has too limited uses, needs more creativity
    -Demon Soul has very limited use: only this buff when having this pet. why can't I use ex: improved dot damage (fel hunter) if I have a succubus out?
    -Demon Soul seems to be the least useful compared to other classes' lv 85 spells

-Demonic Circle could use more creativity:
    Can Demonic Circle be "Ground Target" instead of cast on player's position?

-Needs more mechanics to play with
    ex: Mage gets new Ring of Frost / Timewarp / Mirror Image for ultimate spells
    -Warlock should get something more "Fun" to play with.
    -Summon Infernal / Doom Guard could use some changes
    -More creativity on uses of Demonic Circle / Soul Burn

-Doing the same thing since Classic WoW (only a few new spells)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    -They are fine, but could be better

-Green Flame for Warlock's fire-related spells!
    -"Spell Lock" or any silence spell to be from Warlock and not pet
    -More creativity on new spells' uses: Demonic Circle / Demon Soul / Soul Burn /
    & everything related to Pets

Ideas for Demonic Circle:
    • Some Demonic Circle effects when standing in the circle?
    ex:
    1) buffs to spell damage / haste / not losing cast time?
    2) something like Death Knight's Anti Magic Field? but a different property?
    3) or needs warlock to stand in the circle for at least a certain amount of time to gain the effect?
    • Able to summon ally within 40 yards to the circle?
    • Demonic Circle can be Ground Targeted instead of only cast on position?

Ideas for Warlock's Pets
    • Enslave Demon = tame a demon to be a permanent pet like Hunter
    • Pet Demons may have the similar talent spec or abilities
    • Changes to Summon Infernal / Doom Guard

-Unending Breath
    -Ritual of Summoning
    -Eye of Kilrogg
    -Summon Inferno / Doomguard
    -Enslave Demon
    Edited by Yukina on 9/13/2011 11:41 PM PDT
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Mainly PVE, off and on PVP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids, Heroic raids in the near future

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Hardcasting ISF on fights with movement, pets bugging out (including the pet bar). Having the Doomguard/Infernal on a 10min CD means we get them every 2-3 attempts, why not a Summoning exhaustion debuff, or Twisted Nether,allowing us to have them every attempt.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Such a versatile pure class, with 3 talent trees for different aspects of the game. Takes skill to play, not an easy class. Stats are similar for some of the specs, so different gems/chants aren't always needed

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Lack of variety. Affliction 25%> is essentially two buttons. Even affl 25%< no longer includes many dots that need to be maintained, they have slowly been whittled down to what we have now. No dispell protection on Immolate is painful in arena, combined with 10sec interrupts...

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Feels great when everything is rolling on the target, sbolt spamming gets old pretty fast though. Destro has always been fun, it just doesn't feel like a nuke spec. Kind of a cast 3 spells that all hit for the same amount rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    More green fire, less orange.
    Demon flight form, similar to druids.
    Permanant meta (Boomkin-like), with something different as Demonology's main CD.
    Demon Soul spec dependant, not based off the pet
    More Dots for Affl, overhaul of Destro
    Keep the class unique, no more homogenization

■What spells do you use the least?
    Searing Pain, until it becomes like scorch
    Fear as a PVE CC
    All curses except COE And COEx
    Unending Breath
    Edited by Ânleron on 9/13/2011 10:01 PM PDT
    96 Undead Warlock
    PVE

Raids

That all pets look the same, even if each spec had a different skin for each pet would be more pleasing.

Dots

Casting direct damage spells as affliction

I quite like the rotation as is

More dot spells, my favorite rotation was when I also could cast siphon life and immolate.

Demo spec like feral (with dps/tanking talents) tanking as demo sounds really appealing.

Searing Pain
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Edited by Rigrot on 9/13/2011 10:03 PM PDT
    85 Troll Druid
    the site isn't letting me change my active character soooo druid for now

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Soul shards. As affliction, I never use them unless my pet dies. Destro is just to keep up ISF if I need to. They feel less warlock-y, less like souls and more like little purple dots on my UI. I liked having to drain them from my target and use them for demonic stuff. I would have been content keeping the old soul shard system, but making them stack in my inventory.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The awesome warlock aura! It just feels so evil, every time I'm on my lock I just feel like running around going 'rahhh look at me, I'm nefarious and threatening.' I absolutely love DoTs as well, they are my favorite playstyle.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

I played Destruction for a long time, but I no longer play it actively because the ISF mechanic is extremely annoying. Having to keep that debuff up with such an extremely long hardcast is bad enough, but the potential for random imp procs just makes it feel very hectic.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the Affliction rotation. Destro, I feel, has too many things to keep track of and is overall very hectic to play. It doesn't feel complex and engaging (in the vein of kitty druid/shadow priest/etc), it just feels kind of crazy and awkward.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Something to use soul shards on. It's a very cool concept, it just doesn't get used much in practice.

# What spells do you use the least?

Searing pain. I'm kind of confused by why this can be improved in the Destro spec, because I've never actually used it for anything. I used to use it to try to pull off tanks since it says it causes high threat, but I've never actually noticed much of a threat gain? ):
    Edited by Fleabite on 9/13/2011 10:05 PM PDT
    90 Undead Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both, though I haven't really touched PvP since 4.2 came out.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids, mainly. Heroics are, at the moment, mainly just to farm Valor if need be.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Regular battlegrounds, I PvP'd as Demo and it's not that fun in Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    I'll get right to the point. ISF. It's an issue for all Destro Locks. Personally, I found dealing with it challenging. Annoying, yes, but still challenging. The main problem is that we don't get that satisfaction of doing the job right. For a good portion of Firelands, I stayed as Destro, but my numbers were quite depressingly low. I was quite geared, and, as far as I knew it, was playing my spec correctly. As I said, ISF is challenging, but as Destro, you don't get that satisfaction, that reward or feeling you get from coming out of an encounter, not necessarily doing the highest DPS, but at the very least pulling your weight and doing well. The input of the spec, and juggling ISF, does not match the output.
    I understand you'll get many responses like my own, and if I had an alternate other than perhaps the typical "make the buff longer, cast time of SF shorter, or some other generic varient, I'd gladly write this post in caps.
    Essentially, it's not the idea of the buff that's the issue, it's the implementation of the playstyle.

The most fun part is juggling DoTs, while also keeping your hard cast rotation solid. For Destro, that's keeping ISF up and filling every single spare second with either Conflag or Incinerate. For Demo, that's reacting to whatever procs you get and strategising the best time to pop our CDs, and then setting ourselves on fire and humping the bosses leg like a rapid dog barking "Suprise buttsex!" just as he takes his misses from behind. Don't take that as a bad thing, mind you.

The only problem I have with the class, and not going into individual specs, is perhaps the rate of procs. As Demo, the dryspell of just hammering out Shadowbolts can, sometimes, get to you. Destro, the SF Imp proc was like a really tiny oasis in the middle of a great big desert that encompasses half the world.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    As Demo, I love it. Perhaps a little more leniency on the Molten Core procs, as I mentioned just above, would be nice, but not essential. ISF, again as stated before, is the main chink in Destro's armour. For Aff, perhaps giving them something a little more interesting then pure SB filler. Perhaps a haste proc for Life Drain or something.

A change in how the ISF buff procs or is managed, I say that knowing full well I'm beating the dead donkey with a stick here... I hope that's the correct saying...

Drain Life and Drain Soul, but I don't mind. They've always seemed to be more Affliction-related spells anyway, y'know, since they're in their chapter of the spellbook and all.

Fel Flame too, and no offence meant, but that's really one spell that should be shoved to the side. It's nice to have an instant cast "burst" spell, something that we can have to use while in heavy moment, besides our DoTs, but it's not something that I'd like to see have major changes revolve around it, simply for the purpose of inclusion.

I don't mind if you read this or not, but if you do, I hope that I've given you something interesting to think on, or at the very least, a different perspective to look at our class with, rather than yet another post that's the endless drivel of another player !@#$%ing about his class when all he really wants is a big glass of vanilla milkshake and a bowl of hot chips.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]