(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

No comment.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs, Arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Biggest I can think of is that healthstone only has 1 charge.
Second biggest would be when in combat with your pet out, your pet will only run 100% speed while you run 200-220%, leading to your pet despawning.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Self healing, and survivalbility and most of all, fun abilities.
Examples of fun abilities would be like feign death, smoke bomb, invisibility, mirror image, lifegrip, deathgrip, force of nature, wild mushroom ect ect..

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Interrupts

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

No comment

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Siphon life at 75% to 'proc'
- HealthStone with 3 charges
- Lower shadowbite damage(felhunter) and give higher DoT damage.
- 50% slow on Curse of Exhaustion
- Perhaps a 10% magic damage reduce Curse?

# What spells do you use the least?

By far, soulswap (atleast for me), mainly because it requires a glyph slot.
Edited by Cerish on 9/14/2011 8:47 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
-Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
-Raids and Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP?
-BGs/RBGs mostly. Sometimes a little Arenas here and there.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-In the Affliction spell book, I dont really like how three of our four main spells (Corruption, Unstabled Affliction, and Haunt) are considered "Magic" debuffs. I would much rather have our spells be considered as "Curse" debuffs, seeing as to how Affliction Warlocks are considered masters of curses. Maybe you can change the "only one curse/bane per warlock". My reason for this is mostly PvP based. All healers can dispell "Magic" debuffs, so in Arenas Warlocks are not too effective as far as damage goes if we facing a team with at least one healer. 3/4 of our damaging spells can be taken off our target (assuming the healer can't decurse). I also dislike how Dark Intent is only real useful if you have some in your group who uses Hots or Dots. The 3% haste is awesome but the second buff is somewhat useless if I dont have a Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, Boomkin, Resto Druid, or Resto Shaman.

What makes your class more fun?
-I love having to actually pay attention to my buffs/debuffs. You have to be focused if you want the job done right and always on your toes at times.

What makes your class less fun?
-I don't really like how little survival we have. PvE is ok but PvP is somewhat bad. I dont really like having to always run from my target to wait for a Death Coil or instant cast Howl of Terror just to have a chance at using a cast-timed spell. Fear is good and all but we would have to hope our target has no way to break out of it or interrupt it.

How do you feel about your "rotation"?
-Everything is fine up until the Shadow Bolt spam. My haste right now is at 20% (with the Dark Intent) but I hate having to wait for a Eradication or Nightfall proc to get a decent amount of Shadow Bolts in on the target. Perhaps a good enough buff to Drain Life so we can use it in our rotation for a better chance at the Nightfall proc, or buff Drain Life enough to where we can use that instead of Shadow Bolt. I would enjoy having an all Affliction rotation.

What's on your wish list for your class?
- The changes to Dark Intent, warlock survival, and Shadow Bolt spam rotation.
- A new minion, or perhaps an ability to enslave/tame a different minion permanently. I understand this makes us sound a little like hunters but why should hunters be the only ones with a choice of pet :D
- Perhaps an option of some sort to choose our minions gender and/or name.

What spells do you use least?
-Shoot (Wand), Enslave Demon (unless you decide to make that our new "Tame Demon" ability ;D), Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath, Fel Flame, and Searing Pain.
85 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both of them

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics right now, but trying to get into Raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having Demon Soul work by spec and not by which pet you have out.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Watching people die slowly due to my Damage Over Time spells. :)

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to use those nasty long cast time spells. (i.e. Soul Fire for Improved Soulfire/Shadow Bolt for Shadow Embrace)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Shadow Bolt annoys me when I have to use it as Affliction, but that extra damage is hard to pass up. I'd rather have a more Affliction-y spell to use as a filler.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Different genders for pets and green fire!

What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Kilrogg and Searing Pain.
90 Human Warlock

Both

Heroics, raids, questing, leveling lower levels.

BG's and Tol Barad. Arenas are impossible for warlocks to succeed in.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Soul shards are a bit clunky, not very many options as to what to do with them. A bit more variety -or usefulness- could make it more interesting.

in Heroics and Raids:
(all specs) The glyph of fear is a nice tool to have, also, having CC for two different types of mobs is useful. (banish and fear gives me more utility) Soulstone being a battle rez is useful for when there is a weak healer.
(affliction) Soul Swap is ok for two-target fights where I must switch targets quickly.
(destruction) Bane of Havoc is extremely useful for two target fights. (think valiona and theralion) I also like the ability for Nether Ward to provide damage reduction for magic in heavy-raid damage fights. (Beth'tilac) Burst damage is useful to have (even though there is not much in current content, since destro is currently by far the weakest of the three specs.)

in Questing:
(affliction) I like having the ability to multidot effectively, aoe'ing down quest mobs makes dailies go a ton faster.
(destruction) Killing things quickly used to be efficient with destruction, I liked being able to kill it with fire quick, when I was able to.

in Heroics and Raids:
(affliction) The rotation is simplistic compared to destro, and even a monkey couldn't get it wrong. Maintaining dps is a matter of putting face to keyboard and rolling, when compared to destruction. It gets boring, even though the numbers are more competitive than other specs.
(destruction) The coefficients for Chaos bolt and Conflag make them hit like pillows. Even if I pull off my rotation perfectly, my dps is worse in destruction than a noob's is in affliction. Improved soul fire is a bit clunky to keep active, but at least it makes the rotation more dynamic (something I don't mind as much)

in PvP:
(affliction) If I meet a person in a 1v1 conflict, it is impossible to kill them. There is no burst, there is no damage. Dots tick very slowly, and it is easy for them to be cleansed off, with very little penalty. Even if I get lucky and there's a bigger conflict, where my people outnumber the opposition, it is extremely rare for a warlock to provide effective help to killing people.
(destruction) LOL! Survivability? What is that? Killing people? When our spells all hit like feathers? Maybe next century they'll feel something.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

(affliction) Boring, faceroll, easy for anyone to manage, as long as they have a hand with fingers on it.
(destruction) Fun, slightly challenging, but rewarding when I manage it correctly. (if the spell coefficients weren't so messed up.)

Improve warlock survivability in pvp, or maybe just improve our damage coefficients so that we are slightly less broken.
Currently we are the least desired class for raiding and heroics. I've seen people actually groan in party chat when they see a lock. I've also been told by raid organizers "If you were a shadow priest, we'd take you, but you're a lock." -I want this to change.
While I don't do Arenas, I can just imagine that even if I were fully pvp geared, if I whispered to someone looking for an arena partner, I would be laughed out of town. - This saddens me.

Eye of Kilrogg, Searing Pain. I wouldn't remove either though, because they do have some situational utility.
90 Human Warlock
Pve

Raids

LAWL im terrible at pvp

Pet deaths to high damage lava i guess(Rylolith platform pets get hit twice going over it)
Major inequalities between damage outputs between specs.
Pets other than the Felhunter and Felguard being pretty much worthless(Imp is completely broken btw)

AEing for massive dps in Demo

Being forced to play demo to be competitive in raids.
Doing 19-20kdps when not in meta
Having to base my entire rotation around a 2 min mastery trinket
NOT GETTING TO PLAY DESTRO CAUSE YOU BROKE THE IMP (RAGGLE FRAGGLE)
Doomguard having a 10 min cooldown when its massively important to a demo locks max DPS

Demonology: On the surface, boring as hell. You basically only have to pay attention to 3 things: Hand of Guldan(love this spell and how it works btw), corruption, and whether molten core has proc'd. In depth, it gets a little more entertaining as to max damage, you have to hardcast a felguard, pop meta/trinket/Demon soul, let him felstorm, then soulburn summon a felpuppy for max dps.

Affliction: Seems about right, dont play it too much but the cooldowns seem about the right bang for the buck when you get it all worked out

Destruction: Not soo bad minus having to juggle in Soul Fire.
FIX THE FREAKING IMP. No, seriously, whatever mojo you did inbetween 4.1 and 4.2 Undo it to the imp.

Demo:Equallize the damage more between when you have demon form up and when you dont. As much fun as the 35 seconds of pure awesome is every 2 mins, its kinda disheartening to know that you're puny human form is only doing between 18-21k when your demonform is pushing 40k sustained. Maybe throttle back the overall dmg of demo and give them perma demonform though I honestly doubt that will happen. Give like a heroism debuff in refrence to the doomguard/infernal but make the cooldown 5 mins so we dont have to waste an attempt if our group wipes quickly.

Affliction: Would LOVE to see this spec be less backheavy in their rotation. Maybe give them some frontload or bump up the doomguard damage for the spec. Otherwise, this spec seems pretty Ok.

Destro: Have I mentioned I would like you to fix the imp? Im not sure that I have. The Destro mastery should be brought up in line with affliction, no real reason that its not. Make either Chaos Bolt or Conflag refresh immolate. Change shadowburn to a fire based spell and make it hit for more than peanuts. Increase the duration of the improved soulfire buff. Make the Demonsoul: Imp do either 20% extra fire dmg to direct dmg spells(Basically what affliction has) or 30% haste as opposed to extra crit.

Enslave Demons. I wasn't even aware this spell was still in the game until someone asked me to try and enslave the imp in ZA. And, like every other demon in the game you would half want to enslave, it was immune.
Fear, but im a pve lock and have no real need to CC anything in raids
85 Undead Warlock
- PvE

- 5-mans, questing

-

- None. New shard system is great.

- lots of dots and throwing fire. The varied feel of the 3 trees.

- I feel I have less "outs/escapes" than some other classes when under duress.

- I like the affliction rotation. The destro rotation feels a little awkward.

- demonology tree with a legitimate tanking build path (e.g. merge with demon indefinitely)
- a female metamorphosis model
- the return of demonic sacrifice
- tame exotic demons (permanent)
- choice of skins/models for the demons
- all demons useful for all specs (e.g. remove imp talents from destro)

- fel flame, eye of kilrogg, searing pain, hellfire, curse of tongues, curse of weakness
85 Gnome Warlock
Curse of Exhaustion, 30% doesnt do much vs melee with 50-70 auto slows and closers etc

Haunt missile time is really slow and takes too long to get to a boss like.. Ragnaros

Cant macro it so my pet spell locks my target, instead of its current target.

Dont make anymore "you must burst these adds in seconds" phases, it makes affliction hardly viable, IE Son of Flame during splitting blow on Rag, or Eye of occuthar.

I'm Sure countless people mentioned Doomguarding, Affliction/Destro should atleast get near the amount of damage a shadowpriest gets from fiend each fight (500k ish) for a 10minute cooldown... how about 5mins with a debuff? that way, Demonology is competitive dps every pull, not just every other attempt.

Lower cooldown on soulburn, why not? its not like u can use more than 3 in a fight anyway, something like 25 seconds to bring it down to demon teleports pvp timer, or near the refresh soulburn seed of corruption on aoe fights.

Seed of Corruption. Not working as tooltip states, it should explode from outside source of damage, not just automatically after it ticks once. that way youd have to trigger the domino explosion. IE "Just Seeded 5 mobs, felflame one, watch them all explode at the same time" kind of like mushrooms, but in a more shadow BA way.

Tame Demon: Enslave is useless, i look at hunters and hang my head dejectedly.

Shadow Ward: Buff, 10k shadow absorbed, thats almost 1 sorb per spell power... Almost

Concerned with the most perfectly lined up full proc pot 4set procc stars align BoD crit, not being as high as our shadowpriest frequent mind blast.

I think Decimation should buff soulfire for the execution phase to atleast bring it on par with afflictions kill phase(drain souling) its better to molten core incinerate then soulfire >_>
Edited by Fathöm on 9/14/2011 4:47 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
I love my warlock. What I Am concerned is that it seems not as many players feel the same. I still think its considered overly difficult to master. Yesterday I did a personal fun achievment.
Within one 2 hour Tb windows I raid lead 3 straight 25man Bh runs.
Out of 3 straight 25man Bh runs. I had a total of .. 1 warlock other then the run I raid lead on my warlock.

This was on a Tuesday when you know Everyone on their mother logs all excited because its reset day. I saw plenty of hunters I Saw plenty of Mages. I saw druids galore. I saw dks galore. But Warlocks.. for some reason They are a rare breed. And I don't know why.
I don't believe they are overly difficult to master.

pve wise I enjoy playing a Demo lock.
I believe Destruction needs some loving.
I think Affliction is perfect.
But it requires so much micromanagement that many people don't want to learn it because its really hard. they see An Arcane mage and see how much easier it is to have high dps.
So In my opinion.. Demo and Destrucion needs some boosts.

pvp wise Again afflicition is all designed for it.. and its amazing.
but I think Demo could get some tweaks to make it better for pvp.
Give folks some options.

Destruction should be the Basic mage like spec that's easy to manage.

AS supposed to less pets.. I think Demo should have the ability to have Inferno and our other become permanent. They each have unique abilities that could be balanced and really add to the fun factor. or even add a separate meta form that gives different abilities.
Sort of like how warriors can chose between Titans or Single -minded fury.

Instead of a Melee Form give us a RAnged form thats flimsier but more of Single Target focused form.

Because the MEta is FANTASTIC for aoe pulls.. But not as well designed for single target.

Other then that.. Long live WARLOCKS!
85 Blood Elf Warlock
PVE.. haven't PVP'ed since lv 50 or so.

Raids, Heroics when I need to

ISF. I used to be aff/destro, and am now demo. I like the feel of destro-- using fire more over shadow, but I hate hate hate improved soul fire. It's clunky. The fact that the rest of my casts are smooth, and having to cast soul fire on manual feels terrible. I miss destro, as I leveled with it, but refuse to play it in a competitive enviroment because of ISF.

Also, destros 30 point talent sucks. Chaos bolt hits like a noodle, and it would be great if you gave it a reason to be special again. Additionally, it would be nice if soulburn felt useful, aside from aff and SoC.

Honestly? I like the fact that warlocks have some skillcap, I like dots, and I like that were underplayed. I like lifetap ( I always forget to buy mana pots on my other chars because of this!) I like the feel of warlocks, in general.

Pets being buggy. The fact that if im aff ic ant contribute to aoe burst damage, and even if I try to, I go oom and have to life tap a lot (and i hate doing that to my healers).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Fine, except for Destro and ISF. Please fix that.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Doomguard having a cooldown like bloodlust. That way its still on a 10 Min CD, but if your raid wipes 2 minutes into the fight its still available next attempt. I hate having to "hold" my doomguard.

Fel flame, searing pain (does anyone use this?), curse of tongues, curse of weakness,

85 Goblin Warlock

Both, but more concerned with PVP changes. I play affliction in both, so my concerns are regarding this spec.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids

Arena/RBGs

The fact that i cannot duel any melee class because it is impossible to win in my designated PVP spec of affliction.

Decent survivability, ability to spread damage

Getting trained by melees, especially rogues. Also, our single target damage is laughable. We are unable to 1v1 any healer or melee class at all.

Rotation is fine, but damage is not. in PVP, we cannot generate enough pressure by ourselves, have to rely heavily on my teammate (in 3v3). Don't even bother playing 2v2, every game lasts at least 15mins if the opponents are decent.

In PVE, i have a 5 button rotation compared to an 1 button Arcane mage, and still lose to him in overall DPS on a single target encounter. This makes me sad.

Firstly, rogues counter warlocks WAY TOO HARD. in all honesty, if a rogue sits on a warlock for the entirety of the game, there is very little he is able to do. (watch US regionals, where woundman sits on venoma for the entirety of game 1 on Dalaran arena, what a joke).

Granted, rogues are overpowered, but warlocks should have some way of getting away from them, such as a cooldown that removes stuns or makes us immune to interrupts or something, since god knows demonic portals are useless against rogues.

Shadowstep cooldown: 24seconds.
Demonic Teleport: 25seconds.

The impossibility of us kiting any melee class at all is rather frustrating. Curse of exhaustion is a 30% slow, but all melees have a 50-70% slow, rendering it worthless once they have caught up to you.

Real cute

Eye of Kilrogg. also wish we had a snare or slow that didn't require glyphs, e.g. shadowflame, perhaps the slow could be passive.

and oh yes, who can forget searing pain? with the introduction of Fel flame, that spell has been rendered useless. Curse of Exhaustion could also use a buff, such as a 2 second root or stun on application, or an increase in slow percentage. God knows warlocks could use a slow. Shadowflame is also hardly useful once we are getting trained by melees.
Edited by Heralol on 9/14/2011 7:51 AM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
Wont let me post on my lock... ugh

Both

all

all but arena

-The pet spawning in rbgs needs to be fixed over anything, an Imp in place of the pet you died with is a waste of time.
-Knock the cd on Doomguard down to 5 minutes. I'd like to give the raids im in my all on every attempt should i choose to do so, not every other.
-Infernal cd down to 2-3 mins unlinked to the DG, its an aoe guardian let it be used as such.

Burst, Execute phase numbers, powerful aoe

-Pet juggling in demo, this is the craziest thing ive ever seen since totem twisting to do proper damage over the length of an encounter.
-Destros burst being gone. Would it hurt so much to bring it back with the stamina pools we have today?
-Shadow Embrace, please make this stack on the player as opposed to the target.
-Haunt bolt. Change the graphic and have tho attack apply instantly, large bosses become a problem with long travel times.
-Shadow Bolt. some talent somewhere needs to buff this in some way, I never had a problem with this until i couldnt break someone out of face rage with 4 crits in a row.
-Not using decimation. Affliction is the only tree with an execute worth casting.

-Dark Intent - Super obnoxious to find classes that give decent return in randoms, and in raids the people that do make use of it complain when its absent, normalize this.
-SoC mana cost - Seed costs far too much mana for the cast and damage output, iot needs to come down some.
-Shadowflame - find a way to get this out of all single target rotations, I chose a ranged class for a reason.
-Stones - Remove the 'create' stone spells, make them always available but with cooldowns. The create and cast time on warlock battle res is much too long compared to its counterparts. Instant cast preferably.
-Affliction needs more utility - Demo and Destro both have stuns, more defensive options, and more 'tricks' at thier disposal in a raid setting, aff needs more help in this department.
-Self healing - what happened?! This used to be a staple of the affliction spec, now it based on percentages so low its near unnoticeable. More potency and consistency on self heals would be nice, instead of just a 50% chance and a weak channel.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are
used to maximum efficiency.)

Affliction is the only tree that has proper 'flow' the others with demon juggling and melee casting and hardcasting 3 second spells for 15 second buffs make for sad times. Buff the felguards dps for demo and add Chaos Bolt onto ISF for starters, and let conflag refresh immo or something similar.

-Enslave Demon changed to copy the skin of a certain ingame model at 50% of its original size.
-Soulfire, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate coefficients all buffed.
-Legion strike buffed
-Metamorphosis baseline. It adds a lot of flavor and I despise demo.
-Rain of fire to be of use.
-More melee escapes, self banish, teleport stun breaks, etc.
-Curse of Exhaustion should be 50%+ to make it worth a point spent.
-Soulburn: Ritual of Summoning. bring a player of my choosing to my location, some appropriate cooldown attached.
-An Incubus skin in place of succubus, you know, 'equality'.
-Soul Swap to be useful again.
-A new channeled ability in the affliction tree that changes the rotation up slightly. 'Disintegration' or something of the like.
-10% spellpower moved to an additional tree or both warlock trees.
-The old siphon life ability back.
-More cast on the move options, mainly for destro, fel flame just doesnt cut it.
-Leave the DG's damage alone.
-A potent execute for Destro
-A new caster minion

Rain of Fire
Enslave Demon
Soul Swap (used to be good, then arena nerfs struck again...)
Curse of Weakness
90 Orc Warlock

A little bit of both but mainly PvE

Raids mainly, but Heroics on an alt. Also minimal achievement hunting

I am tired of Arenas which is why my pvp'ing slowed down. I usually won't pvp unless its a RGB.

Doomguard/Infernal coooldown. Also that to be effective in PvP you must go affliction.

Keeping dots on 3 targets at once.

Dispell protection in pvp, UA needs more needs either more damage to the proc or a longer silence time. Also i would love to be able to either have the stacking shadow embrace be a buff for the warlock rather then a debuff for the specific target.

I love it. A little more use out of shards though would be nice as affliction.

-At least one more soul burn use for affliction. A miss shards being an integral part of the class.
-Different spec viability in pvp.
-Fix the DG/Infernal cooldown to be more like the sated debuff from timewarp/lust.
-A new demon or the ability to change my pets skin. Also either a fix to fights where pets bug out (aly,beth) or give the pets my ability. if i am flying so should my pets be.
-More demon's to enslave or the ability to enslave elementals.
-Increase the duration of fear and make it not pull combat like EVERY OTHER CC!
-Fix pet bar.
-Ability to guild in Demon form

Eye of kilrogg- but i still love it when i do
Enslave demon- I only use this when i go back to outland
Drain Life- I wish there was a benefit to using this in a raid situation.
CoW- every raid has some way to provide this and its stupid to not be affected by jinx
searing pain- no use anywhere
My wand- let me use it while moving.
85 Dwarf Warlock
Well I just wrote a in-depth book of my experiences from 60-85 but you've limited my response to 5000 chars. So you get this now. :) lol
85 Undead Rogue
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus on PvP and do not care to much about PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

■What makes playing your class less fun?

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

■What spells do you use the least?
85 Blood Elf Priest
both

heroics to farm points and raids

arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

i hate having to dismount in order to use my pet. like when i go to cap a node in AB and im trying to spam spell lock or seduction i first have to dismount. using a pet ability should dismount you just like using your own ability does

i like the rotations of both demo and affliction, i like having a bunch of buttons to press and have a difficult rotation so long as it is rewarding. i havent played destro pve at all. i also like haveing a tool for most if not all situations.

pet control is a little clunky to me. if there is somewhere i can go to make it less clunky whether by addons or outiside information then this is something blizzard should look at to implement in the game. anybody who doesnt want to read pages and pages of how to control your pet cant really get the information easily.

for affliction and demonology i like it. i have heard bad things about destro and will leave them to write about that

i would like to see immolate and destro PVP fixed. theres been alot of ways provided and i think its about time blizz takes a look at implementing something, anything really to allow me to kill a healer.

searing pain. not even on my bar.
voidwalker
unending breath
90 Worgen Warlock
Both, but mainly PvE.

Normal mode raiding.

Casual BGs, and maybe a couple of arena matches now and again if I'm bored.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-The cooldown on Infernal/Doomguard is too long. When progressing on a boss you can only use it once every 2 or 3 attempts, as it also doesn't reset with death.
-Too much similarity between all 3 specs.
-Fluxuation from patch to patch between what pet to be using.
-Improved Soul Fire for Destruction is a tedious talent that absolutely needs to be changed.
-Haunt flight time is so slow on a fight like Al'Akir you have to refresh it like 5+ seconds early.

Multidotting, using tools like demon circle creatively, and the feeling that as a warlock your dps scales with skill more-so than other classes, so you know you're good when you are doing respectable dps.

Missing out on tools like a reliable interrupt. Frequent pet bugs. The fact that which spec you play in most all situations comes down to what sims the highest dps, with no other variables making spec choice interesting.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Since I regularly play all 3 specs:

I feel like the rotation for all 3 feels too similar. I would like to see them split into more of 'DoT spec', 'Pet spec', and 'Nuke spec'. At least, more than they are now. Destruction should use less DoTs, and Affliction could use some more.

Affliction:
Affliction overall feels pretty good, but with only 3 DoTs now, it is so easy to manage I can play affliction in my sleep. I feel like a DoT spec should require more attention to timers, and more DoTs to manage, with less time spent casting a filler. There's also nothing to watch in the way of procs. If you get an instant Shadow Bolt, nothing changes as you still won't prioritize it over keeping up DoTs.

Demonology:
Demonology is not bad either, but the Soul Fire execution phase feels a little weak. As well, damage is too spikey due to unpredictable procs and Metamorphosis CD being lowered randomly on cast, but its not much of an issue to worry about changing.

Destruction:
Oh my. Improved Soul Fire needs to be changed or removed. Having to hard cast Soul Fire is not only enraging due to the slow cast, ISF has a way too short duration. Together those two factors make it almost impossible to keep 100% uptime on it when fighting shortliving adds or something midfight. As well, it feels like you spend WAY too much time even in a boss fight casting Soul Fire or watching the duration. I also don't like Corruption being a dps increase in Destro spec. Chaos Bolt also feels too insignificant because its damage is so low, and being the 31 pt spell I feel it should matter more in comparison to other spells.

Affliction:
I'd like to see a return to Siphon Life, or something similar to replace it. Basically another DoT to watch and manage, preferably with an interesting effect other than just damage. I would also like to see something in the way of a proc to watch as affliction to make it less easy to play. Maybe something that makes it worth casting a Drain Life, Fel Flame, or Drain Soul >25% or something over Shadow Bolt filler. Perhaps similar to 4pc T11, (but more significant in dmg.) I would like to see the flight time of Haunt reduced as well.

Demonology:
I'd like to have the Felguard consistently be the pet of choice for demonology. Pet swapping right now is a hassle and shouldn't be necessary for optimal dps. As well I'd like to see a bigger dps boost more similar to Affliction in the execution Soul Fire phase sub 25%.

Destruction:
Maybe Improved Soul Fire could be changed in some way to keep it up 100% of the time without having to hard cast it. The duration could be made much longer so you could consistently keep the buff up through Soulburn: Soul Fire, and instant procs from Empowered Imp. I think Destructions nukes, Chaos Bolt especially, should hit harder, and damage should be less dependant on DoTs, to the point that Corruption isn't even worth using. I would also like to see a new Bane for Destruction to use as single target Fire damage with some cool effect to use over Doom.

Enslave Demon
Searing Pain
Eye of Kilrogg
Voidwalker (not even useful for soloing. Does less damage and still can't hold threat.)
Edited by Korobar on 9/14/2011 8:47 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
TF
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I like to play both. I tend to jump back and forth as doing one way more than the other gets stale quickly to me.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• I like to raid for the most part. Right now I can't make my guilds main 25 run do to time constraints so I raid 10 man on the weekend nights on normal versus the guilds heroic runs all weeknights. I think that doing heroics/other sounds fun enough however there isn't any contribution to my characters progression and it feels often like a waste of time.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• I do regular BG's most of the time. I really like the play of rated BG's and would really enjoy doing these more often. One thing however is that it feels like class composition dictates which team wins in the more competitive RBG's rather than the players involved. A highly geared melee class will likely always beat my warlock with all other things being equal.

I would like to arena more however most of the time team members quit within a few weeks at maximum. Also I feel that arena balance is far from correct right now. I think that warlocks aren't completely underpowered or anything but if feels that there are several imbalances that determine the outcome rather than the outcome being based on play or "skill".

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Finding the best person to use Dark Intent on to maximize it's benefit, there are times where certain classes aren't available and it gives me/them less benefit than if other classes were present.

PvP "imbalance" (touched on above, I do not think we're completely broken either).

Needing 45+ key binds.

The way that Shadowflame and in general Demonology spec works with being in melee range of mobs a lot of the time.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• When all the moons align and you can keep everything up (spell-wise) for the entire time and manage your pet and your pets abilities well while not dying to mechanics meant to be reacted to in a very small amount of time; that is to say the challenge of not being a Mage.

When I have a very strong healer with me in PvP and I don't run into too many melee players.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• My perceived PvP "imbalance".

All of the things I have to do to remain competitive dps and watch all of the mechanics of a tough fight, or even worse heroic fight.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• For all specs I'd like if our guardian pet cooldown wasn't 10 minutes or at least had a component that made it reset on leaving combat or perhaps reset on death.

I feel that afflictions rotation would be much better off without using Shadowbolt as a filler spell. I also feel that in the event of a very tough fight mechanic-wise I have a lot of trouble keeping my rotation optimal. Shadowflame also suggests melee range with wanting to maximize dps output.

Demonology is ok as far as most of the rotation however it really feels like a lot to balance dots,cooldowns,pets, and also which filler to use between Shadowbolt, Incinerate, and then Soulfire in the execute phase. Seems like some of this should be consolidated. Then with Meta you also have to be in melee range with Immolation Aura and Shadowflame.

I haven't used the Destro spec at all this expansion because of how much I disliked the spec prior and then it isn't competitive with the other specs. Specifically I didn't like the different filler spells (a lot feels like the same spell just different name and color) and overall the rotation didn't seem to flow very well.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• PvP balance.
    Lower Cooldown on Soul Swap.
    Not needing to be in melee range for highest dps output.
    Class specific flying mount.
    Class quests that evolve my character development.
    Health funnel not being a channeled spell.
    GREEN FIRE!

• What spells do you use the least?

• Eye of Kilrogg
    Enslave Demon
    Unending Breath
    Searing Pain
    Fel Flame (although I'm finding some niche use for this, but that's kind of the issue is that I have so many niche spells it ends up begging for consolidation)

Thank you for your time.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Questing more than anything.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Not so much for my warlock, but when I play a tanking class, paladin excepted, there are too many abilities to track.
    For my warlock, dailies like the Argent Tournament and Molten Front are a terrible bore.
    As are stunlocks.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Doing shadow damage.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• When Destruction tops the meters. If I wanted to hurl fire, I'd play my mage (which I don't, for the most part).

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• For Affliction, I like my rotation fine. I use Demonology for when I have to solo tank, like running Molten Core, but prefer Affliction.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I miss having Shadowburn while still Affliction-specced.

• What spells do you use the least?

• I don't like using Fire spells. If it's in the Affliction tree, I'm likely to use it.
    Edited by Nahd on 9/14/2011 9:01 AM PDT
    61 Worgen Death Knight
    PvE

Raids

N/A

Soul shards - having only 3 is a bit of a burden in longer fights; teleporter: should be placable from range, luck an aoe effect, versus having to go to the spot, which in some cases may be in aggro range of a boss

Variety of the different specs, pets, lifetap of course! very self-sufficient class in a lot of ways :)

Not being able to choose a favorite pet because it's not compatible with your spec; not being able to name your pet as a hunter can; animation of some effects are a little weak; having to target where infernal will spawn mid-combat can throw off rotation (how about it just spawns wherever ur target is standing and make it insta-cast like doomguard); having doom/infernal CD after a wipe, thus gimping DPS in repulls (how about making the CD shorter, or at at least reset after an encounter and/or after a death/rez?); also, the stat weighing for the different specs makes switching out gear/goals a burden (this is true for any dps multi-spec class)

Destro rotation is a little obnoxious, having to keep ISF buff up, esp in fights where moving is required; Demo is the most complex spec to watch IMO, perhaps one dot should be removed or combined to make this spec more streamline

A better looking summoning stone.

Curse of Tongue
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]