(Locked)

85 Undead Warlock

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic dungeons, normal raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Ressurrecting without pets, having to reapply buffs after ressurrecting, having to reapply soul link after pet dies, too many spells required for pvp, tab targeting broken

What makes playing your class more fun?
good amount of damange and cc, "mage more interesting than mages"

What makes playing your class less fun?
affliction has large dps buildup time, not fun in random dungeons
affliction dependant on shadow bolt, a long, boring and destruction spell
destruction not viable in arenas and has broken dps on pvp
destruction issues in pvp discussed for months, but without reviews os changes:
- immolate too fragile
- depends too much on imp for dps (25% damage)
- too much kiting with LoS
- too much dependency on DoTs, which are fragile and made nukes not viable
- chaos bolt doesn't hit hard enough
destruction AoE broken in PvE

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
destruction rotation is good in pve, but breaks pvp nukes
affliction rotation takes too long to do damage

What’s on your wish list for your class?
make destruction viable in arenas
either make many pets viable with destro pvp, or make one single overpowered pet for pvp
remove dependency on imp for destro pvp (similar as above), specially considering burning embers
improve chaos bolt damage
add some kind of protection for immolate
restore drain mana
affliction with drain soul filler

What spells do you use the least?
searing pain
don't remove eye of killrog, it's good for bgs
90 Gnome Warlock
I am mainly a destro lock with Affliction OS. My comments will mainly be regarding Destruction.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Primarily Raiding, heroics are an unfortunate part of that though.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

1) The clunkiness of the Destro rotation. Specifically surrounding SoulFire. Having to hard cast this 3 second spell is absurd.

2) So much reliance on our pet. Currently does almost 20-30% of your DPS. We should not be so reliant on them.

3) Chaos Bolt being a horribly scaled 31 point talent.

4) Poor AoE compared to the other two specs.

5) Poor scaling. It appears with each Tier, destro is falling behind.

6) Lack of an execute

7) Doomguard/Infernal not resetting after each attempt. Having to hope and pray it is not wasted just plain sucks.

Imp Procs so I don't have to waste my time recasting Soulfire.

Being able to summon my Guardian and not watch it be a completely wasted attempt.

Watching my DPS hit the floor because either my pet is killed or because SoulFire drops off due to high movement and not being able to sit and recast a 3 second spell.

Being forced to cast Shadowflame as part of my rotation. We are a Ranged class but are forced to be in melee range for optimal DPS.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I actually like the destro rotation. It is complex but but rewarding to be able to master it. That said I feel like there are things that shouldn't be there.

Soulfire - the buff is great but having to recast a 3 second spell every 12 seconds just to keep it up is completely insane and just not fun.

Corruption - Destro is a fire burst spec. Why are we casting Corruption which is primarily a Shadow DoT?

Chaos Bolt - It's a 31 point talent, yet barely hits harder than our primary nuke.

Shadowflame - Forcing a ranged class to be in melee range for optimal DPS just doesn't seem right.

- Having Chaos bolt refresh ISF

- Having our Doomguard/Infernal have their cooldown reset after a wipe so it can be used each attempt.

- Having the Ebon Imp proc be higher and have him actually do some kind of damage. It's fairly useless when it procs at the moment.

- Soulburn having more uses. Right now it's useless for two of the specs. We were told it would give us unique ways to empower our spells, but really it only empowers two.

- Shadowburn and Shadowfury benefiting from Mastery.

- An execute of some form. Shadowburn could do this very easily if its damage was ramped up via mastery or other means.

- Fix the Voidwalker. He's pretty much useless even at lower levels.

Fel Flame
Curse of weakness
Searing pain
Health Funnel
Eye of Kilrogg
Enslave Demon
85 Undead Warlock
PvP
Arenas and Random BGs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The biggest initial draw for Warlocks tends to be the "I'm a sadistic evil wizard dude with torture magic" aspect. It's disappointing that a lot of our truly impressive abilities (Soul Stone, special demons) never make it into Arenas due to their cool down, whereas abilities emblematic of other classes see quite a bit of arena use (bubble shield, blade storm, shadowform, etc)
Being a warlock means almost always having a spot in raid class runs. Apart from that, crowd-pleasing abilities like soulstone and dark intent make a nice bargaining chip. The fun aspects of each spec are the parts that feel like they belong in the spec (aff drainin', demonology felguardin', destro blastin').
We have no leeway on performance. Most classes can let their mind wander a little without a major dps hit, but a warlock needs to be 100% on the ball at every second to be competitive. This DOES have the positive effect of pre-selecting decent players.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction: Fun. It would be nice if shadowbolt were largely eliminated by drain life, but no major beef.
Demonology: Fine, given what it is. From a practical point of view, I have no complaints. From an aesthetic point of view, more emphasis on working with your demon over doing your own damage would be cool.
Destruction: Only extremely skilled players can handle the clumsiness, confusion, and nonsense of destruction. I think it's fine to have a "pros only" spec, but, for it to be worth it, it then has to do considerably more dps than the other two. Demanding more effort for no improvement in output is not going to work.
More slows would be a godsend in arenas. Unlike mages and s.priests, we have very little ability to keep our enemies away when demonic portal is on cool down.
Apart from that, putting more demonology emphasis on working in consort with your demon instead of just blasting away while your demon wanders off somewhere would be great. And PLEASE, either significantly improve felguards or give us demonology talents significantly alter all the other demons.
What spells do you use the least? Eye of guldan, searing pain, and I completely forgot enslave demon existed.
90 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Questing. I would dp heroics and raids but my guild is currently inactive, and the wait time on pugs is intolerable

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Loved dropping the requirements to stock up on shards, wish the shard mechanic has more utility

■What makes playing your class more fun? I like the pets...I would love to see a limited form of hunter taming for demon pets

■What makes playing your class less fun? lack of burst damage outside of destro spec

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) No complaints other that a lack of burst damage

■What’s on your wish list for your class? taming demons, more uses of shards and a raid buff like hero, time warp, etc

■What spells do you use the least?eye of kilrogg
85 Undead Warlock

heatherz usually plays as a destruction warlock.

What type of content do you focus on? PvE

what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] regular cata

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? make isf easier, it is just not pleasant to have to hard cast it in the middle of a fight, it feels slow, boring, and like i am taking a break from fighting.

What’s on your wish list for your class? isf procs with chaos bolt OR the soulburn cool down is shortened so i can proc with it regularly. An alternative would be : Chaos bolt is buffed and cast time shortened, one or the other would be enough.

What spells do you use the least? enslave demon, never have used it; searing pain, not practical; eye of kilrogg, fun occasionally but not really necessary
90 Gnome Warlock
PVP

All of them

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
no need for soul shards

dots and the ablitie to dot more then one person at the same time

Stuns...there is only one trinket and about 10 stuns/silence that cant take a warlock out
no point in haveing 4k plus resilence if you cant move to do anything

Unstable affliction needs to be a instance cast...never made sense to have all the other dots instance cast yet you dont have unstable affliction as instant

Roll back the share resilience with pet unless soul link is active...

PET Talents... cant stress this one enough...hunters have had that ability for the longest time..

curse of tongues...straight up useless...dose nothing compared to counter spell and silence spells that other classes have...

over all the only other thing that i would like to metion that i would like to see in the game for every one is pvp talents and pve talents...which means the ablitie to have another tab with another two sets of talents that would let you pvp with talents that are made for pvp and the same with pve...that way the people that want to pvp and focuse on talents that are made just pvp...and the same gose with pve...you have the ablitie to switch gear out...you might want to think about makeing talents for certain types of play styles
Edited by Dvsmessiah on 9/14/2011 2:40 PM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock

-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I do Both

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I raid mostly

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena/ RBG's

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

i like the new way that soulshards work

-What makes playing your class more fun?

how different it is from other classes, and being one of the harder classes to play

-What makes playing your class less fun?

we are so squishy! even if i do things perfect against some classes (especially warriors and dk's) i dont even come close to killing them

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

i like the demo atm, but with affliction, if you screw up at all, you lose a lot of dps

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

more survivability in pvp, and change to doomguard to being able to use it once you are done w/ a fight that was at least 4 min long, so it would still be fair, and we wounldn't be able to use it every trash pull

-What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Killrog, enslave demon, searing pain
90 Undead Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic 5 mans and dailies/questing

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None I can think of.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Always liked the image of warlocks casting curses/diseases on targets and being a master of demons.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Seeing people doing the same or more DPS with less button presses.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the affliction rotation, destro needs some improvements like buff Chaos Bolt and everything is focused around ISF it seems, remove Corruption from it's rotation cause it just doesn't seem to fit the spec. Demonology is pretty good too though I don't like jumping into mobs to AoE and felguard should be it's main minion.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

CD on Doomguard/Inferno is too long at 10 minutes maybe have it around 5 minutes.

Healthstones are worthless atm, have them give back 60-75% of a person's health on use.

No threat from using fear in instances like the polymorph spell that mage's have.

Need an interrupt spell like many others have.

Flying demon mount-have dreadsteed with wings

Enslave Demon should work like the tame power hunter's have and maybe even have talent trees too with a stable of 5 demons that we can bring out along with our main demon. Have them on a 2-5 minute cooldowns.

Voidwalker needs to be in line with the hunter's tenacity pets, it just can't hold agro very well.

Health Funnel changed to a heal over time spell instead of channeling.

New skins for our main minions like armor for VW and different weapons for felguard.

Curse of Exhaustion spell for all specs for the slow and not just in affliction tree and taken mostly for PvP.

Having demon form permanent like the shadowpriest's shadowform for Demonologists.

Shadow Ward changed into something like the Mage Ward I think it is called, where it helps against all magic damage not just shadow. Heh, forgot all about Nether Ward in the destro tree, but why not make this a base spell for all specs??

■What spells do you use the least?

Demon Armor-Does anyone use this anymore??
Enslave Demon-used mostly as a joke now since the demons are so weak but could be great if turned into a tame power.
Eye of Kilrogg-joke spell again, maybe have it as a PvP sentry that can warn lock of stealthed targets within a certain distance.
Summon VW/Succubus-VW needs to be in line with hunter's tenacity pets and succy can be the PvP goto minion.
Curse of Weakness/Tongues-don't use these spells at all, maybe more PvP mainly??
Searing Pain-have it similar to mage's scorch spell??
Fel Flame-Other than tagging targets to get credit for them and it's "GREEN FIRE" not really great for a level 80ish spell.
Health Funnel-most let their demon die and just resummon them.
Drain Life-hardly get any life back to make it worth casting this now.
Edited by Vekra on 9/14/2011 8:22 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
PvE

Heriocs, some raids

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Buggy Pets. My pet bar comes and goes. Some times it is even hard to travel with your pet.

Having a demon, and bending them to your will...only if you could do more with them and they weren't so buggy. And the damage.

The horrible boring long ramp up mechanics, such as Shadow Embrace and Improved Soulfire that feel like lag spikes while playing and aren't much fun. Dark intent not being able to really use while soloing and it only working best on classes with HoTs/DoTs. To many buffs and debuffs, seems damage is too spread out. Soul Swap is worthless and a bad mechanic doesn't help with ramp time, due to haunt and shadow embrace and the felpup needing to be on your target. The NEW SHARD system that does NOTHING, besides instant pet and woot instant improved soulfire. Demon Soul....not being spec based. Pets never being balanced damage wise and doing too much damage. And never getting any new demons. Having demons such as the succubus and voidwalker that just have no niche anymore...and the 2 guardian demons c/d is WAY TOO LONG.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Too clunkly and over loaded espically with affliction. Its ramp time is so much doing heriocs isn't much fun, unless you are killing something with large health pools. Felpup and imp are doing too much damage. Locks need help with some fast single target, for adds!!! Soul Swap doesn't help due to shadow embrace and haunt mechanics! Plus all the spells tend to just do the same thing, but you have like 20 DoTS that do Shadow damage...and you can't even burst down adds that need to be down asap. Destro isn't bad, if corruption wasn't in it's rotation and improved soulfire.

A better soul shard system with more uses, updated and better mechanics for all specs (that are less annoying), less ramp time with affliction (remove soul swap and redo shadow embrace mechanics), better scaling with destro (and removing improved soulfire), update chaos bolt as well...and make destro less stuck on immolate with better nukes again...and make pets do less damage (unless you are demo spec!)! New Demons...and make demon soul spec based so it doesn't matter what demon you have out, you can still use it. And balance all specs to do close to the same amount of damage.

Fel Flame (damage is a joke), searing pain, enslave demon, the eye, curse of weakness/tongues, demon armor
Edited by Darkmaster on 9/14/2011 3:27 PM PDT
87 Dwarf Warlock

PvP. but i some times do pve for the gold.

heroics

bgs

Having to resummon my demon in the middle of a bg because i used a vehicle, and then ether having to be exposed for 6 seconds ,or having to use SB.

I like the controlling aspect of the class, the ability to make your foe helpless is pretty cool.

having to chose between different demons and curse.
if i use one, i feel like i'm missing out on what the others bring, but im not sure this can be fixed.

i only play demonology, but i like it how it is.

I feel like demo is half finished. it seems like it could go 3 ways.
1)Make demo a tanking spec. Just cope the feral druid model, were metamorphosis is
like bear form. Take away our demon while in it, if you have to!
2)Make felguards a class pet, and let demo locks have 2 demons out at the same time.
3) buff felguards, so using any other demon is just silly.
...or all 3!

Searing Pain.

90 Worgen Warlock
PvE Mainly/PvP for fun.

Farm Heroics for max valor/Newest raids/Complete Cheeves

Mainly BG's non-rated.

Requiring 2 people to to click on summoning portal and soulwell. Its difficult to get people to do this b/c the majority of players are lazy and prefer not to be the clicker.

Having our own pets, and the design of our Tier Armor sets.

Summon times on pets if they die, requiring people to click on portals we put out.

Rotations seem fine atm. I like spells that refresh out dots such as Hand of Guldan for Immolate.

A flying mount that we can "SUMMON".

Curse of Exhaustion, Curse of Weakness, Searing Pain, and the biggest one of all....Enslave Demon. If I were to ask you what situations in game, specifically endgame content or pvp, where Enslave Demon is useful I bet you would sit there for a long time trying to come up with an answer.
Edited by Darkkmatter on 9/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Warlock

PvE. I always say I'd like to do more pvp but don't get around to it. Plus the state of warlocks in pvp has me somewhat discouraged.

Raids!

Bg's for now. I've dabbled in arena's but nothing much.

My biggest issue is that affliction warlocks require multi dotting to be competitive yet Soul Swap has been nerf'd to the point of being almost useless. Multi dotting takes sharp focus and you have to be on top of your game for an entire fight. Not being able to SS Bane of Doom, which is ideal to put on your main target, means if you do use SS you have to use Bane of Agony and with the 30 sec cd on ss it makes it almost not even worth putting up.

I also really dislike the change made to fel armor. Passive healing was so very "warlocky" and I miss it.

The cooldown on our Doomguards is ridiculously long. Even making it 7 or 8 min would ensure that this important cooldown is up for each attempt.

Having to use a stone to call a pet is annoying. If we run out of them and our pet dies its a ridiculously long summon time. This is almost a non issue for affliction but for other spec's it's a big one. I want instant summon pets without needing a special reagent, even if that reagent is able to be regenerated on a multi add fight.

I love the evil warlocky feel of being a warlock. I love that its a pet class and managing pets is important, although its moreso on some fights then others. I like dots and having to watch and pay attention in a fight. Even on a tank and spank you still have to pay close attention to dots and timers.

The dps return to effort investment is dishearteningly low on a warlock. I love that the class is challenging but if we are going to punished harder than other classes for mistakes then our dps reward for performing better should be higher.

I really like the affliction and destruction rotations. I wish destro had an execute phase but other than that after the soulfire fix a few patches ago the rotation is great! Now if only it were still viable in a raid setting or pvp! The demo "rotation" is gimicky and feels clunky. It just doesnt flow well. It's my least favorite spec and I avoid it at all costs.

A note about destro: even when destro was viable Chaos Bolt was a joke. For a 31 point talent it's pathetic. It's Chaos Joke, esp now!

The old Fel Armor back!

Shorter cd on Doomguard!

A viable soul swap or dont make locks so dependant on multi dotting!

Make destro (the funnest lock spec, imo) viable at SOMETHING!!

Searing Pain
Eye of Kil'Rogg
Enslave Demon

I'll add more to what my original entry had.

Mages can open portals to other places. I think Locks should be able to sunder rifts to allow them to move from one place to another. And I'm not just talking the major cities. Tie it to the exploration achievements. Any place that the lock has explored should be rift-able. Make it lock-only or group-only. Make it avail to only lvl 85 after a quest chain that takes a week of hard playing to complete.
15 Goblin Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Questing, Soloing, 5-Man Dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Occasional BG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Nothing comes to mind really.

What makes playing your class more fun? Demons, Life Tap + Soul Harvest = virtually no downtime, class exclusive armor (by far the best looking armor sets of any class!)

What makes playing your class less fun? slow casting times, affliction is a bore, destruction is too fragile, demonology doesn't have enough variety

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I generally don't have a problem with any of the rotations.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I wish that "Enslave Demon" would work the same way as "Tame Beast" for Hunters. I think Demons should be acquired the way Hunters get their pets...find them in the wild and enslave them, and keep them permanently in your party, or with a demon trainer aka demon stable. I also wish there were more variety to the demons, especially for the Demonology tree. Demonology is my favorite spec in the game, but I feel forced to use the Felguard (which is a cool demon) but I think Demonology should be more focused at being able to summon a variety of demons in the midst of battle when certain situations arise. If a Demonologist is a "master of demons" shouldn't he/she be able to make use of any demon he/she gets? While having the Felguard is a cool addition, I would rather have my choice of demon to use. Affliction is more geared towards using the Felhunter and the Destruction tree is more geared towards using the Imp. In those instances, that's fine because demons aren't their specialty. I think Demonology should both empower and create a bigger variety of demons at your disposal. At the very least I think there should be multiple models for each demon, so not every demonology warlock is looking at the same felguard. Maybe the last part seems a bit nitpicky, but let me put it this way: you can tell a lot about a hunter by which pet they choose. There are 20+ different types of pets to tame and train, and over 100 if you count each one with a different model. There are 4 initial demons you can summon, 5 if you choose demonology. Infernals are temporary so they don't count (which they should definitely be permament!) and the "enslave demon" thing is also temporary. I love the demonology tree, I've played a warlock for a long time, and now I am starting over with a brand new one, but I think affliction needs to be flashier and more fun, demonology needs more variety, and destruction needs to be more durable.

What spells do you use the least? Eye of Kilrogg, Succubus, Un-ending Breath
90 Orc Warlock
Both

Raids and Heroics

Casual arena, BGs

- While I appreciate not having to farm shards anymore, I don't feel you get much out of the current system with Soulburn. Instant pets for all specs (as opposed to the former Demo only talent) is nice, but I expected a little more "oomph" out of the new shard/Soulburn dynamic.
- Lack of mobility in PvP (more the lack of being able to do anything while moving)

My lock has been my main since vanilla, and always will be. Over time, all classes have become less and less unique, but locks still have that "dark" feel to them. I also like the complexity involved with playing a warlock well (save TBC one button spam raiding).

- Like many others, destro has always been my favorite spec for PVE and PVP, but currently I use it in neither.
---In PVE it's due mainly to the extremely lackluster 31 point talent. For an ability that's on a 12 sec. cooldown, it's pitiful. The damage is laughable, and the "penetration" effect is almost pointless. Even when it does penetrate an absorption shield or similar ability, you have to wait 12 seconds to use it again (and did I mention the damage is terrible?)
---In PVP it's due to several factors. First off, what little damage you can do is heavily reliant on Immolate, which just gets spam dispelled. The rest of your damage is based on cast time abilities, which are almost impossible to use against melee classes and any class with an interrupt or spell lock. Shadowfury is the only decent ability for destro locks in PVP. Destro is the only "nuke" spec I can think of in the game that isn't capable of nuking anything.

- Overall lack of mobility in PVP. Our only escape method leaves a more than obvious clue to your opponent as to where you're going to wind up. In arenas, good teams will exploit this, making the ability almost useless.

- Very poor ability to deal damage in PVP, regardless of spec (in comparison to several other classes).

- Affliction: Not bad, but I liked the early Wrath version better, with more DOTS. Going way back, I also wouldn't mind some form of the old SM/Ruin build (for those of us who like aff and destro).
- Demo: Aside from the pet swapping, I like this rotation very much. Depending on situation, you get use a wide variety of spells. Dependence on cd's is a little heavy, but I like it overall.
- Destro: Needs serious attention. As the "nuke" spec, the only dot I wanna see up is Immolate. Nuke spells like Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, and Soulfire should actually nuke. I remember a time when there was a payoff for a long cast like Soulfire...it hit really hard!

- While I understand the developer's design of locks as a pet class, I feel too many of our abilities are dependent on which pet we have out. I would like to see some way of locks getting physical damage protection (stronger version of VW shield) while still having the ability to counterspell/interrupt. Most classes have some form of both readily available, we have to choose one or the other.
- The return of Fear as a useful CC in PVP. I remember when the duration was nerfed from it's original form because "losing control of you character isn't fun". With the duration nerf, the amount of damage it takes to break the Fear effect should've been increased. Fear should be a great ability to get separation, but instead it breaks from 1 or 2 dot ticks, and you're right back to getting hacked and slashed.
- Decreased CD on Death Coil. Simply put, most classes have had core cooldowns (like cloak of shadows) decreased from their original forms. Death Coil is vital for warlocks in PVP and the cd should be more in line with Cloak and similar abilities.
- A less predictable escape method in PVP. Demonic Teleport is a nice idea, and does have some clever applications in certain situations, but doesn't feel quite right (and isn't very sneaky).
- Chaos Bolt being worth casting. I was very upset when the beta version was reworked (penetrating pally bubbles). As a 12 second cooldown, the spell should hit pretty hard, and if it's able to penetrate the unpenatrable it should actually do something when it does. Going thru an absorption shield to do 9k damage is pretty lame.
Edited by Superbleeder on 9/14/2011 4:52 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock

Both, today more PVP

Raids and old Contend

ALL

Immolate without dispell protection is useless for PVP, makes build Destruction and Demonology to hard to manage in arena.

Warlocks is evil-direction class, pay-life to mana, CCs, healing.

Seeing people doing the same or more DPS with less button presses.

I like the affliction rotation, maybe demon armor more usefful.

Destro needs some improvements like buff Chaos Bolt and everything is focused around ISF it seems, Immolate need dispell protection to.

Demonology is pretty good too though I don't like jumping into mobs to AoE and felguard should be it's main minion, need improvement.

- CD on Doomguard/Inferno is too long at 10 minutes maybe have it around 5 minutes.

- Healthstones are worthless atm, need improvement on health and armor when use soultone.

- No threat from using fear in instances like the polymorph spell that mage's have.

- Need an interrupt spell like many others have.

- Change pets Skins.

- Voidwalker needs to be in line with the hunter's tenacity pets, it just can't hold agro very well.

- Health Funnel changed to a heal over time spell instead of channeling.

- Curse of Exhaustion spell for all specs for the slow and not just in affliction tree and taken mostly for PvP.

- Having demon form permanent like the shadowpriest's shadowform for Demonologists.

Enslave Demon-used mostly as a joke now since the demons are so weak but could be great if turned into a tame power.

Eye of Kilrogg-joke spell again, maybe have it as a PvP sentry that can warn lock of stealthed targets within a certain distance.

Summon VW/Succubus-VW needs to be in line with hunter's tenacity pets and succy can be the PvP goto minion.

Searing Pain-have it similar to mage's scorch spell??
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Both

Heroics, occasional raids.

Normal BGs. It's hard getting a group together to do Rated BGs.

When my demon takes too much damage, it's often easier to just Soulburn>resummon>Soul Harvest than to use Health Funnel to heal it, since Health Funnel has a very short duration and must be recast several times to heal my demon to full health.

Pathing issues for demons. Demons being unable to jump at all (the beginning of Construct Quarter in Naxx was always a pain because my demon would always run through the green goop and lose a ton of health).

Decimation has a delay in showing up, so I've often already begun casting a Shadow Bolt when it pops. More importantly, Decimation has no spell alert, so I have to keep searching for it among all my other buffs, which can be three rows deep in a raid situation.

The Shadow Trance spell alert-thingy overlaps with the Molten Core spell alert-thingy.

Felguard keeps asking me about my friend, despite the fact that the Felguard never required a Russian Roulette - sacrifice. Doomguard no longer does that either, so that sound bite can be removed form the game.

My action bars are really crowded.

Forcefeeding my opponents black magic while my enslaved demon smacks them around, and generally lording over him with forbidden power.

Idunno. I touch on this in some of the other questions, but not much about the class is really throttling my fun.

I kinda wish I would Immolate more, as Demo. Often by the time Molten Core procs I've already moved on to the Decimation phase.

Sometimes it's hard to tell when Decimation procs.

I would really like a spell alert-thingy when Decimation procs, like with Molten Core.

Metamorphosis should have Slow Fall! Those wings are made for gliding.

I'd like a more feminine Metamorphosis form. I'd like a more race-specific Blood Elf-y form; the Felblood elves from the end of Burning Crusade, and their cracking skin, would be good inspiration.

Enslave Demon. Eye of Kilrogg, even though it's adorable. Voidwalker. Searing Pain. I'm a little bitter that Unending Breath ending up being useless in Vashj'ir. Demonic Circle; it requires time and effort to set up, and I can't use it spontaneously. Soulburn mostly gets used for quickly summoning demons.
90 Undead Warlock
Mostly PvE
Heroics and raids
Some BGs
Definitely like the new soul shard system; much more convenient than the previous method.
The use of demons in all specs and the background story and the choice in debuff options from curses.
Improved soul fire needs some improvement, it’s far from horrible but it always felt awkward going out of my way to hard cast soul fire. It just didn’t feel right having to go over the timing in my head for the chance that it might proc vs. hard casting maintain dps.
The soul burn + soul fire doesn’t seem to fit with the other soul burn effects. It ties back into my previous comment as a means of keeping up my dps and I can only use it 3 times a fight (assuming no replenished shards). I would say that most of the other soul burn effects are a sort of quality of life effect or a survival effect rather than a dps boost, except for soul burn + seed of corruption.
Demon swapping mid-fight for demonology in its current condition is no good. I'm primarily demon and fine with pet switching for certain situations. It makes sense for me to switch from my felguard to say my imp or my succubus. What does not make sense to me is that in order to maximize my damage from pets is to switch from my felguard to my felhunter .
For affliction, I would say I would prefer a faster ramp up time but not quite too fast just enough to still feel affliction like.
I'm happy with the demonology rotation. My only dislike is my execute ability. Soul fire doesn’t feel like it’s suddenly tearing at my enemy like the +12% shadow damage bonus + the increased damage from drain soul + the refresher to a dot in addition to already replenishing a dot. I would also feel better if my soul fire execute would have a means of working with impending doom or some method of decreasing the cool down on metamorphosis. It doesn’t seem right to be forced to choose between the shot at reducing a powerful cool down and doing a little more damage through an execute ability.
Destruction needs a bit of work. According to the destruction summary before picking specific talents it says “Calls down demonic fire to burn and demolish enemies.” I don’t feel like I’m really calling down demonic fire of any sort as destruction when I have to use corruption and bane of doom to max out my damage. I’d feel a lot better if chaos bolt did more damage and that corruption wasn’t needed. Maybe burning embers from the imp dot wouldn’t work with corruption and was buffed, similar to unstable affliction overrides immolation. On a side note, I’d also think it would be really cool if perhaps something would alter curse of doom similarly to how shadow ward can become nether ward such as a talent that converts it from shadow damage to fire damage and rather than summoning an ebon imp it summons something similar to the Prince Malchezaar fight in Karazhan like mini red infernals that deal some sort of fire damage. I’m also not a fan of almost randomly working in a hard cast of soul fire to maintain a dps buff, I wouldn’t mind something like curses > immolate > chaos bolt > incinerate until immolate or bane runs out.
A version of survivability for warlocks would be nice. Mages have iceblock for both PvP and PvE purpose, priests have dispersion, rogues have cloak of shadow, druids have barkskin, death knights have ice bound fortitude, shaman have a shield effect through glyphs and totems (+ healing), and warlocks kinda only have soul link that may or may not kill a pet after awhile depending on talents and luck and shadow ward or nether ward which doesn’t always help. It just doesn’t seem to be diverting or soaking up damage quite the same way or as effectively.
More soul burn effects. A soul burn that is used with another ability to produce a survival ability would be great.
Choosing more demon cosmetics like adapting the armor and/or weapons on demons
Having a male/female demon form
A flying demon mount
Demon armor
Searing pain
Eye of kilrogg- still a cool ability but never use
Enslave demon
Voidwalker
Succubus
85 Human Warrior
ONE
Both, Aff pvp/ demo pve

Raids and heroics

Arenas and working my way into Rated BGs

If it could be possible to use you pet to help in the summon of a teammate I would see that as a huge quality of life improvement and with being able to point and click a location for my demonic circle: summon. For my "lock box", im using it less since everyone has "Have group will travel" which requires nobody else to help and my demonic circle is helpful when im expecting an attack, but doesnt do any good if its below me when im unexpectedly getting cheap shotted. Good idea for a quick get-away to click somewhere else and I can teleport there right away, in pve to evade fire or like Valiona's Deep breath in Bastion of Twilight or in pvp to get some distance.

I love my lock for how evasive he is when it comes to pvp with tricky CCs. The curse of exhaustion is fun to pop on my buddy in duels and run around juke casting and fearing to keep his dk muscle off of me while my dots help me out. As for pve, the aoe of demo is awesome and locks are very raid friendly with soulstones and ports.

In pvp, especially in random bgs, I get massacred. On a normal basis I use my escapes to elude my attackers but they go away when im getting beaten on by dks and rogues just long enough to use up my teleport, death coil, and howl. In arenas without a frost mage partner, an experienced dk would anti magic bubble and strangulate after a death grip and blow me up easily. I TAKE SOO MUCH DAMAGE. For pve, I was very attached to destro but its too immobile for the new fights and doesnt perform well enough to compete and with ISF required to be hard casted all the time. The CDs are required to get higher dps rather then give that fireworks display of dps my warrior gets from doing recklessness and bladestorm

My rotation has no room for error and requires a lot of attention to make sure im making use of everything - that is why my dps stays constant. If in the case I have to miss the cast or a dot ticks off then it leaves me with little dmg, and this can Affect the whole encounters performance.

Point and click location for my demon circle... like using a heroic leap like when to ecape an unexpected gank
Warlocks who could mitigate dmg easier; maybe something similair to a priest with pain suppression/ dispersion depending on the spec, a frost mages ice barrier, a rogues cheat death, ect.
More pet skills to make the pet more of an extension of the players character, like giving felgaurd intervene, imps a pillar of flame aoe, ect.
Cooldowns that dramatically improve dmg instead of just maintaining it
Chaos bolt is really underpowered for being in the position at the top of the destro tree
Demo make less confusing please... it takes alot of keys to keep that damage flowing

Enslave demon
Fel fire
Searing pain
Edited by Wilard on 9/14/2011 5:41 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock

Both

Raids and Heroics

Arenas and BGs

Too squishy

Sometimes I feel really under powered by dealing a lot less dps than other classes (hunter, dk, mage to name a few) and the other raid members get on me about that.

Happens mostly on trash though, not so much bosses

Having a lot of useful spells at my disposal even if they aren't in my rotation. And I like that it actually takes some amount of skill to use effectively.

Its a fun class, why complain about it =)

I think its good as is.

-Ability to tame demons
-Increase damage we deal
-Make the void walker more useful, it can't hold aggro for anything unless you demon soul and that will only last so long before you pass the threat it generated.
-Bring back sacrifice demon
-Undead- racial flying mount - The bat from the flight masters from the plague lands
-Increase duration of some of the affliction dots like unstable affliction and buff drain life and allow a bit more health regeneration from it.
-Class specific quests to get cool stuff like dread steed from TBC - maybe for new demons
-Increase duration of Fear and Banish, and you shouldn't need a glyph for them to stand still when feared.
-Undead- Improve usefulness of "Will of the Forsaken" to include snare and mind control effects either by increasing the CD or glyph
-The use of Soul Harvest during battle like evocation for mages, but decrease the time it takes to complete (4.5 seconds down from 9) but heal less than if used outside of battle.
-Separate effects regarding if you are pvping or pveing, like if you use Shadowfury in pve it should stun for 6 seconds up from 3 cause and in pvp for 4. (i pvp in affliction spec, but its just an example)
-Dark Intent haste buff increased to 5%
-Make soul stone a BR and take out the need to actually have a stone in your inventory to use and reduce cd to 10 minutes like the rest.
-Ability to have more than one health stone at one time, maybe 3 max, but increase cd to 2.5 - 3 minutes.
-Reduce CD of soulshatter

Hellfire
Bane of Agony
Curse of Tongues (seldom used in arenas/bgs, never in raids/heroics)
Curse of Weakness
Searing Pain
Eye of Kilrogg
Curse of Exhaustion (seldom used in arenas/bgs, never in raids/heroics)
Fel Flame
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]