(Locked)

85 Orc Warlock
.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
On my warlock, I do PVE content.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I do the occasional heroic but I am a raider

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
When I do PVP (rarely) I only do BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Soulburn has a lot of potential and the 3 soul shard thing can at times be bothersome if you're playing destruction

What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy the warlock class out of all other classes solely because I can actually play all 3 specs in a DPS environment without a substantial DPS loss.

What makes playing your class less fun?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
.Affliction - Though I enjoyed the challenge of early wrath (siphon life and immolate in the rotation), it feels a lot smoother and I have no qualms with it
.Destruction - Fairly simple though hard casting improved soul fire can be a bit annoying (especially on fights where you're constantly moving)
Demonology - Another simple rotation but the opening can be a little tricky for beginners if they're min maxing (waiting for procs, pet swapping, etc.)
When all is said and done, each rotation has it's flaws but they're not game breaking and I can live with them

What’s on your wish list for your class?
.More affliction burst. Give me a spell with a cooldown that can make all dots do instant damage. Maybe like a soulburn +soul shatter (since the threat change, I rarely use it)

.Doomguard duration needs to be changed/refreshed upon death with a sated kind of buff to avoid exploiting. Having to wait 10 minutes for a doomguard because 2 people didn't spread out fast enough and got killed by flame scythe sucks

.Soul fire feels extremely clunky in destruction's rotation. Perhaps increasing the improved soul fire duration to about a minute so we don't have to cast it so much would help a bit.

.Felguard needs to be buffed so it can be the perma pet for demo. It's one of demo's perks and swapping him out after a demon soul + felstorm feels clunky especially when my opening rotation consists of blood fury, demon soul, moonwell chalice, meta, immolation aura, curse of elements, bane of doom, corruption, immolate, shadowflame, hand of gul'dan.

What spells do you use the least?
Shadow ward, healthstone (heals like crap nowadays), curse of tongues, enslave demon, unending breath, searing pain

*EDIT* I just got an idea. How about improved searing pain instead of improved soul fire? I mean tanks dont have threat issues anymore, searing pain is useless, and it has a decent cast time.
Edited by Dotscom on 9/12/2011 10:47 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Rarely raids.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas, Bgs, Rated BGs(rarely)

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I don't think my issues would fall under this. Maybe a slight problem with the limited use of Soul Shards (Do I want 1 faster Drain life, 1 instant Soul fire...at the cost of my pet dying?) Maybe pet being too squishy in pve (80-90k life in full pvp gear..people can kill it without even trying still). Pet dispel is quiet frustrating to use, It rarely gets the needed buff, and with it's massive CD and the fact that it doesn't eat buffs immediatly anymore makes it nigh-on-impossible to get Wings or innervate or the like.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love the dots n switch. I used to love destros burst damage...but now it's kinda blah.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Destro and Demo are completely dead to pvp. Their burst is too low for anyone to care, They don't even offer the burst of affliction - and affliction does it on 2-3 people! The only way destro or Demo works is in triple dps comps, and people don't generally play those. Overall Destro and Demo's lack of Dispel protection completely kills them for anything even remotely serious.
    I dislike how little damage UA still does - It's still suggested that at the start of a 3s match to sit on the warlock and dispel UAs as soon as they land. You can't exploit the UA silence since you can't ever really get damage going. Ends up in a 3v2 with a mostly silence healer on their end...and as long as they keep the pressure up you're pretty sol.
    When we go for a burst - Searing pain sucks! and it's our best option. Maybe make Fel Flames do as much as searing pain? At least that's more intuitive. Spells barely useful atm.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I don't like Searing Pain being my only burst spell..especially seeing at how weak it is. (Talking when we go for burst, elements>Demon soul>trinket>Haunt>doom>ua>corr>Soul burn>Spam searing pain!)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Make fel flame useful for something other than keeping UA up! It just feels far too weak atm.. It has hardly any use. A different soul burn for Drain Life (Maybe make it do more damage - or heal more)

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]
    Enslave Demon
    85 Gnome Warlock
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Next Stop Heroic Rag

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/a

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I have no Way to cooldown my Doomguard between pull. An out of combat full Channel of Soul Harvest to cool his angry butt down would be nice.
    Missile Travel Time. If your standing towards the rear of Ragnaros's and Alakir's platforms you have to cast Haunt 5 Seconds before the dot ends to maintain 100% uptime.
    Being forced to play Demonology in my Raid because good Elemental Shamen and Demonology Warlocks are hard to find

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The Rotation is difficult enough so that when done correctly it produces satisfactory results.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Having almost no burst damage (I'm thinking Alysrazor's adds and the seeds on ragnaros in spitting blow phases)

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Affliction is smooth as butter.
    Destruction feels alot like playing whack-a-mole with the procs and short cooldowns.
    High DPS Demo is a chore to play as to get optimal number you have to do a convoluted rotation to beef up demon form....if you mess that up your dps just drops like a rock.
    Single Target High DPS Demo while you or your target is moving is almost Impossible.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• A Warlocky Chariot pulled by the souls of Vanquished Paladins (Read Arcane Mages)!
    A Way to Cooldown my Doomguard so I can use it more than every other pull!
    A way to customise the look of my spells Fel Flame Bolts instead of Shadowbolts please!
    I would like to name my own pet.
    Give the 10% spell Power Buff to more classes
    See above this question....

• What spells do you use the least?

• Succubus and Void Walker
    Rain of Fire
    Curse of Tongues
    Mend Pet Warlock Style!
    Edited by Tufft on 9/12/2011 10:52 AM PDT
    90 Human Warlock
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I'm personally more focused on PvE, only because I've never exactly mastered the ability of PvPing effectively. I either played PvP when we were ridiculously overpowered or so underpowered that a Rogue could look at us and we'd explode. I've not exactly been fond of PvP for the sole reason of trying to keep line of sight on a damned Warrior or Rogue running circles around me and such.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    I'm balanced between Heroics and Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Rated Battlegrounds or just normal Battlegrounds; again, both are rather rare.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    ALL FIRE SPELLS ARE GREEN FIRE.

No, but in all seriousness, since the Soul Shard system change, I'm generally quite content with the mechanics of the Warlock class. Easy to return mana at the price of accidentally killing yourself, recharging Soul Shards out of combat is simple. I'd love some more Soul Burn effects though as with certain specs like Affliction, I barely use it, and I really only use it for instant Soulfires in Demo/Destro. It would be nice to see some more empowered effects for spells, though if that was implemented, another method for regaining some shards in combat would be required or there would be no point to adding extra spell effects. Again though, since the Soul Shard change, I've been quite content.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Honestly, the idea of weaving the shadows into your spells and using corrupted abilities of other classes (Ie: Destro = Corrupted Fire Mage, Demon Pets = Evil Hunter pets) is what makes it intriguing to me. I like feeling like the most chaotic version of certain classes, I love watching DoT uptime, I enjoy summoning the demon guardians, and I adore Drain Soul. I'd love to have access to demon form as a cooldown for other specs (though this would likely be excessively overpowered unless given a large cooldown outside of Demonology) but only because the form just looks so damn cool.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Honestly, the only thing that isn't fun about Warlock to me is dealing melee in PvP. I absolutely hate having to deal with "target must be in front of you" when the angry Orc is running circles around me and wailing on me with axes. Otherwise, I absolutely adore my class; such is why I've stuck with him for so long.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    They can get stale sometimes in Affliction and Destro, but I'm quite pleased with Demonology. Switch to Incinerate at some procs, handle cooldowns when they're up, micromanage the Fel-Guard, ect. Still, I won't like that sometimes it gets a bit hard to keep track of when you're trying to do a mechanic heavy fight. So far, I think that the rotations are in a good place. (I adore Drain Soul phase despite it being unnaturally easy.)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I want chances to use Enslave Demon. I mean, its such a potentially awesome spell that barely is used. Hell, just more demons or more demon models would be amazing. I'd love to be able to play Pokemon with my demons like hunters are able to through the mechanic of enslave demon. I don't think that demons should get talent trees or anything like that, but I would love to be able to, for example, go and enslave some demon, gain its model to be used for a different type of demon. Customization to me is an important part of my character, and with stuff like transmogrification incoming, I'd love to also change my demon. Give my Voidwalker some armor, have a Mo'arg Engineer, run around with an Outland Doomguard.

Green fire. I mean, yes, Fel Flame is great, but its only just wetting my appetite for the green fire. Hell, even if Destro was lowest DPS, I'd love to be Destro solely for the reason to spam green fire at things. Be it a glyph, be it a tome costing 1000 gold, I don't care. Again, customization blahblah.

I'd love to be able to place a damned DoT on a totem too. I can't stress how annoying it is to try to kill those damned totems in Zul'Aman without using DoTs as affliction. Hell, I'd even settle for not being able to put them on PvP totems, just let me do it in PvE. ;-;

■What spells do you use the least?
    Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Succubus/Voidwalker.
    85 Gnome Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    a little of both

Raids

Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Not being able to use my guardian in pvp ( doomguard, or infernal) other classes are allowed aka paladins ad theres can do more things then ours can.

being able to run around as a demon.

having ur dps get owned in a moving fght if your not aff.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    for demo it is good, but work needs to be done a destro to make it not so wonky if your haste numbers are a little off.

1. permanent demonform.
    2. being able to use enslave demon like a hunter uses tame pet... with demo being able to tame more powerful demons, because to be honest these same 5 demons are getting boring.

in pvp demo spec in general.
    85 Goblin Warlock
    ---Both but mainly pve

---raids

---arenas
    ---mainly the complexity of their rotation for instance:
    -- Affliction:
    keeping track of 3 dots on more than 2 targets as you are trying to maintain a rotation on your main target all while trying to avoid effects like fire lava lines and what not
    --- demonology:
    the mastery is defunct if not in meta a witch has a long cd
    --- destruction:
    this spec has very little mobility and keeping improved soulfire up at all times is such dps loss if it falls off
    --- pets
    having talent points would be nice and being able to capture your own pet would be awesome.
    we are EVIL teehee

complexity of the rotation
    shadow and flame needs to be fixed it acts as a personal buff and not a debuff so my first spell always has to be a 1.9sec cast of shadowbolt that's with my current haste
    that being said mainly the complexity of the rotation leaves no room for error
    and when i see arcane mages and frost dk's pulling crazy numbers using mainly 2 maybe 3 abilitys it frustrates me
    pet talents and being able to capture our own pets
    permanent metamorphosis

at the moment searing pain and enslave demon and shoot wand
    85 Undead Warlock

Both

Raids

BGs, and casual arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Not too many, but mostly a yearning a restructure to destro. Chaosbolt refreshing ISF, less corruption. :)

Make pets not run slower when entering combat while mounted, causing them to fall behind and despawn.

Fix the bug where the pet is out but has now spell bar for interaction.

Always been a fan of magic and demonic/chaotic nature, warlocks fit perfectly.
    Epic Tier looks!

Lack of variety in higher pvp (affliction is pretty much it) or what seems like constant patch switches of the highest maximizing spec for pve.

Overall its pretty decent, maybe make Drain Life the affliction filler, less corruption in Destro, demo seems pretty decent outside of pet swapping. Also make guardians more Bloodlust friendly with a 5 minute cooldown.

With the introduction of Meta, I always thought it'd be interesting to spice up the warlock class more. I've pictured what it'd be like to say make the Demo tree into a Druid feral tree of sorts, allow a permanent meta form for dps but then also add talents and be able to meta into a Pit Lord or something and let us tank.

or just make meta a flight form for Warlocks ;)

Make Fear fall in line with other CCs and not aggro/run(pve only).

Make Felguard THE pet for demo, otherwise why even make it (spec exclusive/The spell you get for going demo) if no one uses it.

Enslave Demon
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Searing Pain
    85 Goblin Warlock

Both

Raids

Arenas

In Demonology, the Soul Fire damage is too low. In Destruction, keeping the improved soul fire buff is too annoying. Oh, and Destruction need less dots and more direct-damage spells,
    while affliction should only be using dots (drain soul or drain life)

Our minions, the looks, the lore, and the hability to deal damage to various targets at the same time.

It's too hard to deal damage to various targets, the improved soul fire mechanic, the poor variety of appearance of our minions.

It takes too much skill to master. Dots and Guardians (doomguard, infernal, ebon imp) should be buffed not only when we use then right after using some cooldown (if we summon a doomguard before getting, for example, the intel buff of Volcanic Potion, he'll not be buffed when we use the potion), but also when they'r already summoned/used on the target and we apply our self-buffs/damage-improving debuffs.

Since we use tainted magic, the fire spells should be green-colored (green like Fel Flame.)

Demonology:

Various appearances for our minions (blue imp with different horns, the purple felhunter, etc), different metamorphosis' visual appearances accordly to which race the warlock belongs, the felguard should be the pet who deals the highest damage, and more damage to soulfire.

Destruction:

It should be de main single-target spec. Modify the improved soul fire buff (maybe the soul fire spell should be used with a cooldown, and the cooldown would be finished right before the fall of the improved soul fire buff).

Affliction:

It should be more easy to put dots on two targets, and Bane of Doom should be usable in several targets at the same time.

Enslave Demon, Health Funnel, Searing Pain
    Edited by Lokken on 9/12/2011 10:52 AM PDT
    85 Goblin Warlock
    1.Can't soul swap BoD, but BoA does less dpct.
    2. our cds are all boring
    3. Felhunter does more damage single target than felguard as demo <--- this is so dumb
    90 Undead Warlock
    PvE, with a little bit of pvp when I have time

Heroic Raids at the moment, were currently 5/7 heroics in firelands

Bg's and casual arenas for points(not geared enough yet to be serious)

Our doomguard/infernal has a 10 minute cooldown, and it doesn't take nearly 10 minutes to wipe to a new raid boss, and run back and be set up again. So I'm not at my best every attempt for new bosses.
    I have a thread with lots of support that has a pretty good fix for this if you want to keep it at its current effective cooldown. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2830983497

Improved soul fire for destruction feels way too clunky. It takes so long to cast and does so little damage and you have to keep that buff up all the time to be your best.

Chaos bolt, Shadowburn, and Shadowfury are shadow spells, and do not benefit from destructions mastery or cataclysm even though they are in the destruction tree

Soulfire should add the shadow and flame debuff, and count toward impending doom so in demonology execute phase we should mostly be refreshing dots and spamming soulfires

Afflictions drain soul execute should refresh shadow and flame as well

The Dots!
    Killing a new raid boss, knowing I did well, and then being near the top on the meters is probably the most fun thing for me

The issues listed in the QoL section, as well as our lack of ways to deal with fighting against melee classes currently.
    We never had too much escapability, but before our damage was higher vs them, now unless we play perfectly melee completely destroy us because we have hardly any slows/snares, and our dots aren't as effective as they felt in wrath and before

Demonology: It's good I like it
    Destruction: Improved soulfire is terrible for the rotation :(
    Affliction: It's pretty good I like it, I kind of miss using drain life instead of shadowbolt as a filler though, it felt more afflictiony

Addressing the 10 minute guardian problem

Something changed about improved soulfire, for instance let searing pain and soulfire refresh it, so if you get the imp procs its good, but otherwise you have a fast way to do it.

I also want soulfire to have a higher spell coefficient so it hits harder than my shadowbolt for demonology. My shadowbolt literally does more damage per cast lol. Soulfire is only a mediocre at best dpct increase with decimation

A minor glyph to change all our fire spells to felfire(green fire ftw! :D)

Searing pain
    Enslave Demon
    Soulburn: anything besides a soulfire or summoning a pet
    curse of weakness
    Edited by Scullhead on 9/13/2011 2:06 AM PDT
    85 Gnome Warlock

Mostly PvE.

Heroics on my warlock. Haven't got to raid just yet on this character.

None on my warlock.

I SOOO wish we could solo summon people. Mass summon is proving to be far more useful as it only requires a single player.

Strangely worded question....but I love how flashy Warlocks are. I turn into a giant demon, I can summon giant demons, my AoE looks so cool! Its a great looking class. :D

See below.... @_@

Clunky rotations. ESPECIALLY Demonology. You should see the stuff we have to do! We have to be in melee range, we have to swap pets mid fight, we have to use random moves from other specs...its weird! I feel like my hands are slipping randomly across the keyboard when I play my warlock. I hope it gets tidied up soon. Oh and my Felguard. Its my signature spell...but to do the most DPS I often have to use my Succubus and Felhunter. Its strange and I'd rather use my signature pet.

-Clean rotations. Thats all I could ask for. ^_^

Curse of weakness. I'd rather use my other curses than that shoddy spell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading blizzard. I can't wait for the next patch. :)
    90 Human Warlock
    A bit of both, but more PVE concerns than PVP.

Raids, Heroic modes, heroics - all as affliction

Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Itemization. It took me until April (raiding 2 weeks after Cata hit) to get Cataclysmically Epic because of shoulders and bracers. And even then wands were also an issue.
    Soul Stone - having to make the stone then use it hurts. Also there is no way to improve it as with other classes (glyph etc). In addition, it still feels like we should be able to use it to recover a wipe - by casting it on someone who is going to die, they just can't use it until everyone is dead and the boss resets.

Soul swap and multi dotting made my class more fun.

The over-nerf of soul swap. This was a really fun thing to have and I understand it was op in PVP, but it made me really feel in my element on fights like Halfus, Council, Cho'gall, etc. It was a great thing, but 30 seconds is so long, and not being able to copy BoD makes it nearly worthless now.
    The knowledge that I have an extraordinarily complex rotation and yet do less damage in raids than Mages, who have a 2 button rotation. Sims say I should be on top, but in practice I am not. Even with better gear, and on a no movement fight, I am below several classes, including hybrids, in dps. I work twice as hard for less result.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    It's complex, but I like it. I just wish it paid off the way it did in Wrath in DPS numbers. Also having bosses that "wipe" dots (mostly in 5 mans) is just annoying. It feels like a punishment to dot classes who already have a very slow ramp up time.

One good fast burst damage spell for affliction that can be used (even if it has a long cd) in fights that require it. (Like Rags adds, Beth's adds, turning Lord R, etc.) This doesn't have to be a new spell. This could be an old spell revamped.

Fel Fire. It seems like such a cool spell that I would use all the time, but really it's not. It's a dps loss, I generally am recasting insta cast dots, or I am lifetapping. There is never a really good time to use it.

Curse of Weakness - if we have CoE covered, there is no reason to even try another curse.
    Edited by Joyia on 9/12/2011 10:52 AM PDT
    90 Goblin Warlock
    I tend to focus more on PvE. That why I rolled onto that type of server.

I do Heroics to the point they are no longer useful or i can't get into any raids due to gear, experience, or no room for my class.

I love the new soul gem mechanic.

RNG on my side and not against me.

The fact no one understands that not everyone plays at the same level no matter how many video's or forums we read.

I prefer an option to have a priority based rotation or a standard set rotation. I understand things were implemented to kill the boredom for "Very Skilled Players." but for me It has gotten way too complex to put out the dps everyone knows or thinks my lock can put out . I spend more time looking at "dots" or CC's to expire than having fun in the environment.

Not to be nerfed and rotation to be main even more complex. I wish ALL classes had a good AoE spell or ability. I don't like it that Demo Locks are "known" as the better AoE spec than the others specs. Legendary quest to be more solo capable. So that I can get one finally.

Depending on my spec (Afflic), I don't use any spell that does not help my dps.
    85 Human Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]PvE exclusively. I did try PvP a while back, hated it. As this was mostly due to the kinds of people prevalent in PvP and their attitudes, this is not solvable by Blizzard.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All - quests, instances, raids. i tend to stay away from heroic raids, as I am not that level of gamer. That I can perform reasonably well in normal raids is sufficient for me, and I thank Blizzard for making them more accessible to me.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] None.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Pet bar becomes inactive due to something in the game. This happens with or without add-ons. This happens extremely frequently in the Molten Front. Also, I have noticed in heavily phased areas I often get stuck in combat with a mob I cannot see. This persists through everything but zoning, I have even tried killing the client, waiting 5 minutes and logging back in.

What makes playing your class more fun? I really liked the playstyle. Cata made enough changes that irk I sometimes wonder if I want to continue playing the game.

What makes playing your class less fun? Demonology is way overcomplicated. In a 3-4 hour raid session, I can easily lose over 50% of my DPS just because I start getting tired, as compared to my Shaman, where at the end of the night I've lost less than 3%.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Answered above.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A more forgiving rotation. Also, I would like a self-only levitate available in demon form (admittably, it's a coolness thing).

What spells do you use the least? Right now? Enslave Demon. I also have little use for the Succubus pet. However, I don't mind those spells - having a few niche use spells (or PvP only spells) doesn't bother me. I was one of those who lamented the loss of Detect Invisibility for my PvE use, and would love getting it back even if it was restricted to self and/or non-PvP flagged chars.
    90 Worgen Warlock
    PvE

Everything from heroic dungeons, to heroic raid encounters

None

I mainly play destruction, even though it's the 'bottom' of the specs for warlock dps, but I still pull off top dps in my guild. I mainly hate how short the Soul Fire dmg increase buff is, I find myself skipping a hard cast (just waiting for soul burn to make it instant or my imp) because it just seems to not be worth the hard cast when I could be conflag'ing or chaos bolting or useing my backdraft on incarcerates.

Having massive aoe (demo), multi DoT'ing in affliction, or huge single target dps (destro)
    It just feels nice to have so much utility. I just can't stop playing as destro, it's so fun and unique. Oh and I LOVE the netherward talent in the destro tree, more mitigation!

Knowing that destro is sub-par compared to other specs/classes,

In affliction, it seems easy, to an extent, but when 25% on a boss comes, it just becomes WAY too easy, in demo it feels clunky, in destro it feels so streamlined once you get the pattern down (might be a lil biased because I've been playing as destro since BC)

A better use of the soulfire buff, permanent demo form as demonology.

Hmm, Can't think of any off the top of my head, other than searing pain, and eye of kilrog
    85 Human Warlock
    What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids and Heroic Raids

Improved Soulfire needs to go.
    Shadow Embrace sucks.
    Soulburn is mostly useless. Soul shards are mostly useless.
    Standing in melee range to use some abilities sucks.
    Haunt needs to travel faster or have a longer duration or shorter cooldown.

Warlocks have too many spells, period.

I like the aspect of juggling dots. I like the general theme of the class. For the most part I like the way each spec plays. I like the complexity of the class, to a certain degree. I like the fact that I can top the meters by knowing the class and executing the rotations perfectly.

Needing to keep up Shadow Embrace.
    Improved Soulfire.
    Constantly switching pets mid fight.
    Needing to stand in melee range to use Shadowflame.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Affliction - The rotation seems fine to me except for having to stack Shadow Embrace. Also it would be nice to have Drain Soul be able to tick more often, you only get some 2-3 ticks before having to refresh haunt in the execute phase.

Demonology - Doesn't feel too bad Would like to not have to constantly switch demons to maximize DPS. Also, Decimation feel way too weak to be an execute and it Soulfire doesn't proc Impending Doom.

Destruction - Improved Soulfire needs to go. It ruins the spec, it's not fun. It needs to be removed, period. Also, needing to keep corruption up is an annoyance, especially since it is not buffed by mastery. Other then these issues Destro is my favorite spec; I love how fast-paced it is but the factors I mentioned above really ruin it.

Removal of Improved Soulfire
    Removal of Shadow Embrace
    Chaos Bolt needs a buff.
    Death Coil needs a buff.
    Dispel protection for Immolate.
    Buffed Felguard.

Affliction needs some type of burst. Trash is horrid and fights like Ragnaros are unnecessarily punishing for not having burst.

Please add the 10% spell power buff to another class. I do not want to be forced into Demonology because my 10 man raid happens to not have the buff one night.

Searing Pain
    Curse of Weakness
    Enslave Demon
    Voidwalker
    100 Undead Warlock

Mainly PvE sometimes PvP

Heroics/Raids/Soloing shenanigans and whatever other trouble I can get into.

BG's if anything, haven't done Arena on here yet.

I'd like to see wands be more useful in some way, shape or form.

I also like the new shard system but it doesn't seem like it has very many good options and I tend to use it for resummoning a dead demon quickly or swapping to a different one than anything else.

More demon options? I'd like to see the female versions come out finally and maybe even some kind of capture system to get our own demon of the chosen skin. I'm not saying expand the roster at all just the skin choices since customization is coming up a lot now.

Knowing that I have the option to switch to any spec and it still be a viable option in whatever I do in PvE.

Having more complex rotation than other classes but seeing those same classes easily top dps charts with a 1 - 3 button rotation.

Demo - I enjoy this rotation and like the changes to the spec. I would like to see a different filler than shadow bolt if possible.

Affliction - I like the rotation and enjoy playing it.

Destro - Seems totally different to me than in last Xpac. Doesn't have the same feel and is slightly more complicated to get worked out correctly.

Insert Green Fire here. Seriously though maybe a new mount? Flying perhaps? No? Well if not those then maybe this.

Demo - I'd like to see it be more unique. Having the different demon is nice but not when it can't be used more often than just to make large AoE dps. I liked having the Succubus as the best single target though instead of the Felhound. Leave him for affliction and keep Imp for Destro. Also Voidwalker should be more useful. He seems to only look like a leveling pet at this point then gets unused unless for special case scenarios.

Also Demo as a tanking spec maybe? I could see it happening with a few classes and I wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

Affliction - is fine IMO and I wouldn't disagree with a change to have Drain Soul the filler instead of shadow bolt.

Destro - I like that it has a better more complex rotation than before but I'd like to see it be around Afflictions level instead of having way to much more to do.

Also fix the pet bar bugs please. I'm sure you are aware of it just throwing out the reminder. Maybe next patch?

Eye of Kilrogg - I'd like to see more use from this. Maybe as some type of snare effect or mind control perhaps? Possessing a target and letting you control them for a set time?

Curse of Tounges - I use this in certain scenarios but I'd like to see more use from it.

Curse of Weakness - I see people not using this a lot but I have lately, depends on how many locks you have in a group I suppose and it has actually helped in some raids. Make a more viable choice for Curses maybe?

Enslave Demon - Seems stale...I'd like to see it more useful and maybe even change the demon mechanic to where we can capture our own demons and spec them out like hunters...Maybe that would make us to much like hunters though?

Unending Breathe - Very situational but not sure when I'd need it as an Undead or when anyone would for that matter since you would never need to be under water for that long.

Searing Pain - I have never used this if for maybe one or two situations where I needed to pull aggro from something. Possible use for a new demo tanking spec??
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE for me.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Mostly heroics these days, some 10-man.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Being too intensive on multiple balancing. Locks have a LOT going on in fights, and most of it is on different timers. It makes the class feel more like a game of wack-a-mole than a shoot-and move, fluid style.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    The different playstyles of the different builds. Fear and draining for aff, demon+metamorph for demon, raw blastiness for destro. It makes for a nice switch-up.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Personally, I think warlocks are far too fiddly now. The rotations take too much time and attention from actually enjoying the fight. Does destro really need about 12 things going at once? I mean, it's the blast spec. But we still have curse, bane, doomguard, immo, corr, chaos bolt, incinerate and a few other things to watch. It almost feels more like being a healer than a dps, and it's really sapped my enjoyment playing the class to the point where I don't raid much any more.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    There are about 2X more things in it than would be necessary for me to enjoy Destro. Afflic isn't so bad, but with the change to fel Armor I'd like to see drain life/drain sould be more practical to do damage and help us with our self-heal. Since we are watching a lot of timers, its too easy to miss stuff going on situationally, at least for me.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I'd like to see destro get streamlined a bit, maybe down to 3-4 things. Say a curse, a bane, one dot and just 1-2 blast spells to keep track of. Also, maybe some sort of end-of-fight nuke, like sacrificing athe imp for a 30-40 second strong burn. Give it a cooldown that only lets it be used once or twice per fight, so it will primarily be used for the final burn.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Hellfire, but that would change if the damage was a bit better.
    Eye of Kilrogg, but that's mostly because of the way instances in Cata are laid out.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]