(Locked)

90 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Pve

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
raids and heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
1.) The soul shard system is lackluster. I use it for instant soulfires and healthstones only. Would like more usage from, as well as way to regen during combat that works in all fights
2.) Macro issues with non-gcd casts. I can't macro my trinkets and demon soul into a metamorph macro. I'd love to press a button and activate all my non-gcd abilities in the correct order. E.G. Demon soul, Moonwell chalice, metamorph
3.) Doomgaurd can only be used once in a while. Makes it hard to judge on raid fights. Is this a kill run (raid)? Cause if it's not, I'll waste the doomgaurd and won't have it for the next fight, which might be a kill. That's really hard to gauge
4.) Hellfire still does damage. We already have to get in melee range, which is dangerous. and the damage is minimal enough to not make me refrain from using it. Why do we even need the damage if it doesn't make us refrain from using it...ever?
5.) I really like that demo is mastery based, instead of haste based. It makes gearing choices easier, but it also makes it harder for me to reroll destro or affliction since all my gear is mastery based
6.) Min/max dps'ers want us to swap pets in mid combat for the demon soul buff. I don't like that idea. I can understand swapping pets when a new situation comes up, like you suddenly need to aoe stuff and get out felgaurd. But swapping just for demon soul is not fun. I don't do it and take the hit in dps. Save my soul shards for other things.
7.) FEAR STILL PULLS AGGRO!

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being dot based seems fun to me. Also, getting all my mechanics to line up for meta is fun too. Having a niche market on the aoe damage is also my proud point. Massive self heals in affliciton is great as well
Having pets for different uses is great too. We have a tank pet, a single target pet, 2 cc pets, and an aoe pet. While some people are mad that demo doesn't use felgaurd exclusively, I don't mind. I use felhunter for single target and felgaurd for aoe

What makes playing your class less fun?
The soul shard system makes me sad. It's not nearly as useful as it could be. And even then, I still run out soul shards on fights with no adds. the doomguard issue is the most frustrating. Basically, when raiding, I have to decide if this particular attempt at a boss will be a kill. If it is, then great! I do amazing dps with the doomgaurd. But if we wipe once I've used doomy, I will not have him available for the next pull.

The other thing that makes it less fun is that I can be competitive in all three specs, but every time I would like to switch, that's a TON of time and money spent on reforging, gemming, and even getting new gear so I get correct stats on gear

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy the demo rotation. Affliction is a little boring for me. All you do in aff is keep dots on, refresh corruption with good buffs, and spam shadowbolt. Destro is just annoying for me. Keeping up ISF is one of the most frustrating things I've seen in any dps spec. Some people think lock specs are complicated, but I like that. It means that if I work hard on it, I'll do amazing dps. I feel like I earn my dps more than a mage pressing 2 buttons

What’s on your wish list for your class?
1.) New demons. Both in model and ability.
2.) More guardian demon usage. It would be so cool if demo warlocks got a permenant guarding pet. You know, scale down the damage to keep it in line with dps and give it useful abilities. Like doomguard could have good utility, while infernal could be a tank, or maybe an aoe machine. So all 3 warlock specs would get their regular demon, but demonolgy spec
gets permenant guardian, or more than just another cd button I can press. Maybe make him last 10 min? I'm obviously biased towards demonology, but I'd love a permenant guardian demon, even if that means lesser abilities/dps from it
4.) ABILITY TO TAME DEMONS! like a hunter does with beasts. Just group them by types: Rogue-type demons, tank-type demons, caster, healer, aoe, single target, etc. This makes demon management much more important and useful. Right now, all I do is pick single target(felhunter) or aoe (felgaurd) demon.

What spells do you use the least?
[all of these from the demo spec] Unending breath, Curse of weakness, Shadow ward , drain soul, curse of tongues, eye of killrogg, health funnel (haven't used since wrath), searing pain (that one really doesn't seem to have any pve use)
85 Orc Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Pre-flight checklist is brutal for warlocks. Fel Armor, Demon, Soul link, soulstone, DI, and soul well. I'm always the last person ready.
-People clicking soul wells. It would be great to just drop healthstones without people clicking.
-Soulburn is currently kind of lame, please add more to this spell.
-Pet-swapping for demonology is terrible. If this is the overall goal, then there needs to be a talent just like soulburn: seed for the demonology tree which refunds a shard or resets the CD of soulburn when swapping a pet during combat.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Refer to ascendant's post for this, he has some excellent points.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Again, refer to ascendant on this.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I've seen hundreds of significant changes over the years to my class so I'm aware almost everything is possible.

There are changes i would love to see implemented for the large upcomming patch. First is destruction.. it's always been a powerful and fast-casting spec, but now it's clunky and weak.

Destruction Change #1:
Include Soul Fire in Backdraft (Duh?)

Destruction Change #2:
Conflagrate needs to reset Immolate

Soul Fire slows the rotation down significantly and is even worse when required movement occurs mid-cast. Also, even Demonology resets Immolate.. why not Destruction? How does this make sense?

Also, Chaos Bolt is a terrible 31-point talent, probably one of the worst in the game.. Playing a druid has shown me how amazing a 31-point talent can be (beserk). Giving us ANOTHER filler that does lame dps is lame. Please remove this, buff it, or implement something new.

Demonology Change #1:
Fix pet swapping

Having to hard cast new pets just for Demon Soul is pretty lame. I dont mind switching with a SoulBurn, but maybe implement a talent in the demonology tree which makes SoulBurn: Pet Summon return a shard or reset the cooldown on SoulBurn. Another option might be to just buff the damage of Felguard to prevent combat-swapping.

Affliction Change #1:
Soul Swap cooldown

When this spell first came out it had an 8 second cooldown and through PVP, eventually got nerfed to 30 seconds. This spell would be much more useful and fun in a PVE environment with a shorter cooldown. Maybe have this spell act like Colossal Smash where it acts differently in Arena/Battlegrounds.

Affliction Change #2:
Shadow Embrace

This is one of those abilities that was implemented because of PvP, and is terrible to handle in raids. I would rather a buff of our dots and a removal of this. Someone touched in a previous post maybe to work Shadow embrace into haunt or the talent tree. Maybe have unstable or corruption ticks apply it, bottom line is:

-Shadow embrace is terrible during execute to handle, mainly with a boss or target at max range.. the airtime ends up as the deciding factor.. but we're suposed to be close for shadowflame right? .. clearly broken.
-Terrible for multi-dotting
-PvP it's neat yay, but PvE this is so broken it makes me laugh.

Warlock Change #1:
Doomguard Cooldown

I agree it merits a long cooldown, but it should share a cooldown with lust/hero. You can make it apply a 10 minute debuff, but having to wait 4-6 minutes sometimes just for doomguards (especially in a 10-man raid) is quite tedious.

■What spells do you use the least?

Searing Pain - DO SOMETHING WITH THIS
Curse of Weakness
Eye of Kilrogg
Enslave Demon
85 Goblin Warlock
PvE

Heroic raids

no pvp~~

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-All three specs feel generic. (explained below)
-Warlocks have lost some of the "must have one" in the raid, probably as part of the "bring the player not the class" which affected only some classes.

The fact that all three specs are viable for raiding (this IS important for raiders), for instance, in a 6/7 heroic run on firelands, I ended up using all 3 specs during progression and in **one or two** fights there was even the possibilty to choose which spec I wanted. This is good, we get to know all of our powers, get to play in many different styles and we don't get bored fast.
Downside=respecing mid raids, but you've already spoken against changing this.

a) the rotation, explained below.
b) We are don't have many special uses in many fights besides that of dps !@#$%s, which makes us not a valuable classe for compositions. Lemme try to explain with 2 bosses:
Beth'tilac - This is a nice example when we feel useful. Bane of havoc deals up to 700k on the boss during the whole p1, which is a HUGE deal on the burn phase. Nether ward, amazing here. Shadowfury, amazing for emergencies when the lil adds are near the drones/boss.
Shannox- DPSs have the following jobs: dps down the boss, free someone from facerage, kite rageface, slow rageface. We can only do the first one competitively.

As of raid benefits, we had a dark intent which could increase the raid overall dps by 3k, when used on spriests/boomkins, this is now gone.
We had a drain life rotation which helped our healers, which is gone.
Those two last paragraphs leads us to the next question

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Our rotation feels broken, lets talk specific and then general.

a) destruction: We heavily rely on dots from the **affliction** tree, and man, the obvious: our 31point talent is there just for a "small tiny lil insignificant" dps increase.
b) affliction: look at the style of this spec. One would think that most of its dps is from dots and other wonderful skills from the affliction tree (aka drain life).
Nope, 30% = shadow bolt (destro spell, buffed by the destro tree), 20% = pet dmg (buffed by the demo tree). We have 31 points on the affliction tree to have 50% of our dps from the other two trees? Numbers are from logs and simcraft~~
c)Demonology looks fine on this angle, but it could look more "demonish", aka doomguard with 5min cd, 10min debuff (like bl, you know?)

But now, lets talk general, In all three specs you:
1- apply 3~~4 dots (doom,unstable affliction, immolate, corr),
2- use a spell once in a while (haunt, conflagrate, hand of gul'dan)
3- Fill your rotation with a bolt (shadowbolt/incinerate).
4- When a proc happens either instant soul fire or instant shadow bolt or fast-cast incinerate.
5- Get the boss to 25% and pray you are not destro and have a good execute (shadowburn doesn't really count).

And finally, when tier bonus changes your rotation, that is usually nice. New mechanics are always welcome and will prevent boredom. No more simple tier procs like t12 please. T11 was ok for locks, T11 for moonkins was great.

Drain life (only if I really screw things up and take a lot of dmg)
Searing pain, useless for pve
Edited by Ununseptium on 9/12/2011 11:02 AM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
PvE

Raids mostly

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

My primary specs are Affliction and Demonology. My biggest QOL issue is probably the lack of interesting things to do with a soul shard. For both of these specs, you really only use them for pet swapping, with Affliction virtually never pet swapping and having nothing to use it with.

I also really don't like how several of my pets are shelved and feature very little to no use. For example, I can't remember the last time I used the voidwalker, even while leveling. His threat is terrible and his mitigation / health is way too low to even pretend to be a "tank pet." The imp and succubus are no longer really used for either Demo or Aff, outside of the rare times that you need to hit a ranged target with your pet, but those are few and far between.

The versitality between specs, and how each spec really feels like a different class to me. I stopped playing a mage because it just felt like I was changing the color of my spells, rather than the actual play style. I like the CD/AoE reliant style of Demo and then the DOT style of Aff. Demo could be a lot of fun as a straight up nuke class, but I'll get into why I don't play as it anymore below.

I disagree with some posters who prefer DL over Shadowbolt. I actually very much like the shadowbolt mechanic for Affliction, because it gives me a change of pace from dots and low-middle frequent numbers. I like the mix up of dots ticking and the occasional hard hitting bolt vs Drain Life spam. PLus, it removes the need to have to constantly watch for the 5% crit buff, and I like not having to constantly check for that. I've got enough to watch.

Feeling that parts of my class are completely ignored (enslave demon, affliction soul shards, the voidwalker, searing pain, etc.)
I do dislike how reliant Demo is on Meta form to actually compete in damage, so if you use it at the wrong moment or blow it on an earlier fight, you're completely S.O.L.

I feel like Destro has very little to set it apart from Demo or Afflication at this point. It has nukes, but none of them are very big, (I've seen bigger nuke numbers with Demo), and the rotation can be very unforgiving. Drop ISF or not use an imp SF immediately and you see your numbers plummet. It just feels very boring to me. No pop, no big numbers to enjoy, a pet that doesn't do much other than shoot fireballs and stand there, and not much utility outside of shadowfury. Destro's AoE is easily the weakest, and it doesn't have the single target damage to make it worth it.

I also really dislike that our primary CC (Fear) requires both a glyph to make it usable in a 5man situation, but also pulls aggro when most other CCs don't. It just feels odd to me when almost every other primary CC doesn't aggro anymore and fear continues to do so. I tolerated the aggro before the change, so it's not a deal breaker, I just dislike the inconsistency.

I both love and hate how Demon Soul is connected to the pet. On the one hand, the first couple seconds of a pull as Demo is really hectic for me, and makes getting into position very difficult. I'm burning a shard, Harvesting, Demon Soul, Pet Felstorm, Meta / CDs, insta-summon fel hunter before shard runs out, AND trying to get into position and not pull off the tank immediately while starting my rotation and getting all my dots and stuff up. I like the mechanic of using different pets for different situations, but I hate how much of a pain in the tookus it is to try and get the best use of the FGs demon soul without wasting a shard and not even using him as a pet.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Generally, I enjoy both Demo and Affliction's current "rotations", as they allow for flexibility and watching several different things and adapting your play, rather than getting stuck in a rut of the same spells over and over and over. I dislike Destro's rotation, because it is very unforgiving with very little to gain, in my opinion.

Actual uses for Enslave Demon. "Taming" a demon in the wild, even if just for an aesthetic value would be awesome. It'd make me feel a lot more like I'm in control of the void and demons are there forced under my will, rather than just appearing as a goofy sidekick.

Demonic Empowerment having at least SOME kind of PvE use. I can understand creating pvp talents, but for PvE this has absolutely little to no value to me, and that bothers me.
Actual use for wands other than stat sticks.

Obligatory Green Fire request

Enslave Demon, Soul Shards on Affliction, the Voidwalker, Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg, Demonic Empowerment.
Edited by Salios on 9/12/2011 11:03 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pet management. The pets are a good idea but I think it should be easier to control them, such as adding in a button to change the direction from which my pet attacks a boss or making it easier to directly control the pet while in a combat raid/heroic encounter.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
I'm an affliction warlock and I love the idea of killing a mob slowly, torturing it with damage over time spells and then watching it suffer until it falls over and die. ;P so i guess the dots are my favorite part.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
The Demonology tree feels clunky and just seems like the rotation is awkward, the dots don't seem to line up (the amount of time on a mob and the CD's) like affliction or destro.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Affliction rotation is for the most part fine, but after the initial minute or so it seems to simple I would love an extra dot to throw on a boss, spicing up my dps rotation.

Destro is uh fun. Its not my favorite spec I can do the rotation fine, but I feel like I am hard casting to much as destro an that's not what I play a warlock to do.
(It may not be true that Im hard casting more as destro rather than affliction, I just notice the cast bars more, its probably because I dont enjoy destro as much)

Demonology (see above question)

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
A decent soul burn for affliction warlocks that will increase their damage in a raid encounter, such as soul burn unstable affliction, not a situational spell such as soul burn summon pet because my pet died due to standing somewhere dumb.

# What spells do you use the least?
Eye of Krilog. Fel Fire. summon succubus. Soul Burn.

85 Blood Elf Warlock
PvE mostly

Heroics and some raiding, mostly older raids.

When I PvP, it's in regular BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Warlock rotations seem to be some of the more complicated rotations, which is fine, but there doesn't seem to be much room for error. A brief distraction or mistake in warlock rotations results in a larger dps loss that is harder to recover from than for many classes.

The "dark" theme, some unique mechanics, and pets. Also it's nice to be able to easily refill your mana and health between battles without sitting and eating constantly. I like the use of dots.

The concentration and timing involved to play very well. I have seen healers talk about boss fights being like whack-a-mole. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole with my dots.

I only have a lot of experience with affliction and destruction.
For destruction, I don't care for the long cast time of soul burn. Improved soul burn helps, but it doesn't proc often enough to prevent me from having to stop and stand still frequently for a long cast.
I really enjoy affliction but I struggle with it. It takes a long time to ramp up to full dps. Also, as mentioned above, it's not very forgiving when mistakes are made. I feel like I have to focus a lot of attention on playing to keep up. If I try to glance at a text message someone sent me or have a conversation with a friend in the room, it seems to drop my dps by 20%.

I think it would be cool to capture your own demons. Also, I think that there should be more minor glyphs that actually do something useful.

searing pain, demon armor, enslave demon
90 Worgen Warlock

•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Issues with pets not respawning after getting into "vehicles" ie imp not respawning after jumping on the head of Magmaw

•What makes playing your class more fun?
The fact that I don't see a lot of warlocks when I go into randoms

•What makes playing your class less fun?
needing to either keybind or be a master clicker due to more complex rotations, just to get comparable dps as other classes.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I'm fine with destro and affl rotation, part of learning the class is working out rotations, as well as making adjustments as things change over time.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
a summoned demonic flying mount or being able to sprout demon wings to fly.

•What spells do you use the least?
searing pain, eye of kilrog, hellfire
85 Blood Elf Warlock
For my Warlock I focus on PvE the most

Mostly Raids, have cleared Firelands with some dabbling in heroic modes
The pet management, On alys for example the pet despawns constantly and having to resummon again and again can get agrivating. I love my pet class, and I don’t want it taken away, just wondering if there is some way I can have it on passive and “swim” with me through the air, would be wonderful.
The Doomguard: while I know it a big cooldown, when progressing and you wipe at 2 or 3% because you’re doomguard was on cooldown from the last fight, it isn’t that fun. Making a debuff similar to sated would be great, and lowering the CD to 5 minutes, should allow enough time for it to be used on every attempt. Especially when Demo relies so heavily on it, which is mostly where this point is aimed at.
ISF: As many others have stated, hard casting Soul fire isn’t that fun… especially when it doesn’t hit very hard for such a long cast. Very underwhelming, I know it gives you the fire buff, but still feels like its lacking.

I love being the underdog, and I love that lots of little dots add up to a whole lot of damage. Also I love know that while holding say #3 on the charts, and know I can pop up to #1 If I use my cooldowns right, for affliction its super satisfying to come from behind during an execute, or Demonology when you Pop meta and DG and you’re just a DPS train that can’t be stopped, it feels fun and exciting.
The things I’ve mentioned in the QoL part is mostly the less fun parts, but overall I really love the warlock play style and class.

I like my “priorities” just fine, it keeps me on my toes constantly having to re-evaluate what I should use next, depending on my buffs, should I re-apply UA even though it has 4 seconds left, but I only have 2 seconds left on Apocalypse and Power torrent or Volcanic destruction? Do I re apply BoD, or just shadow bolt, it all feels fun, and you can really get into a rhythm that is a lot of fun as well.
Demonology has that same type of rhythm that I can get into and play and just have fun, the impending doom procs add some variation which can lead to some tough choices, like do I wait for my trinkets? Or pop it and hope for the best? Or should I save everything for the add phase? Its all a lot of fun, the priority system isn’t complex enough to screw up when you’re thinking about those other things, but not simple enough to make you bored when you aren’t. I think it’s in a good place at the moment.

Destruction: This spec is one of the craziest, having to watch 4-5 different timers and get quite nerve wracking and is all very scattered, I’m wondering if maybe casting ISF should renew immo’s duration, because at the moment, you need to watch ISF, Conflag, and CB’s CD, plus the amount of time remaining on Corruption, and Immolate, and less so BoD. Its all a lot to process and it gets pretty easy to mess up when you’re also trying to not stand in fire. A very stressful rotation.

Hmmm, in general, A bit better pet management.
For affliction: None, pretty happy with the spec.
For Demonology: A sated debuff for DG, allowing it to be used more frequently on boss attempts, especially when wiping.
For Destruction: A tweak to ISF, perhaps allowing it to refresh immolate, or making it hit harder, allowing for more satisfaction after the long cast time. Possibly a combination of the two, which would allow a more relaxed rotation, without nerfing it into the ground and making it the Sac spec that was BC…

Hmmm, summon voidwalker… It’s been a while since I’ve used that guy, since I’m done leveling and don’t PVP … but I understand his place ^_^

and never use Enslave demon :(
Edited by Warjock on 9/12/2011 11:03 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
i curently only do pve on this toon, my main

heroics only for pts when needed and raids 25man

at the moment i only like to do bgs, as destro

my only huge needed change is that i would like to see demon soul depend on your spec, this gives option for demo using fel hunter still gain the haste / dmg from the curently felguard demon soul. another not so huge fix would be that when i use the doomguard if we die fast he will be on CD for next pull. it might not be a huge prob but it annoying a bit

I really enjoy playing destro, you have to pay atention to what you doing and if you are you have, had, good results. its the spec i have loved since lvl 60 doing mc and i don't think ill change.

the problem i have now, is that mastery its only awsome for one spec. so switching specs between boss its not that easy. also mastery its only good for demo in demo form so it kinda feels like im stacking a stat just to wait for a CD to be up and use it again.

like i said previously i loved the destruction rotation it really keeps you on your feet but its not something impossible. demo rotation its not that bad if you don't hard cast pets for max use of demon soul. i haven't played affliction in a while so not sure about this one.

i really wouldn't know how to answer this since i don't see it was what you would like to be different dps wise, i like how the class currently is and how it have its place on my raids at least.

comments: :)
i would love to be able to play destruction and have a chance on competing on dps with other classes even with other warlocks specs.
at the moment the least "main spell"i use would be drain soul, but also im demo / dest
85 Human Warlock
Both.

Raiding mcgraw.

Rated BGs

-Harvest soul proccing trinkets and stuff.
-Pets bugging out causing you to lose control/petbar, happens 2-3 times per night.
-Improved Soul Fire talent
-Bring back the old defensive stance worked perfect. Assist doesn't work too well when you are damaging multiple targets.

-Damage over time abilities.
-Being rewarded for damaging multiple targets
-Pet variety and utility. I like being able to soulburn pets out for specific situations - I wish I could use more than just the felhunter/felguard though.
-Being able to suppress my opponents with crowd control and curses.

-Having a different AOE ability for each spec, seems redundant.
-Having deathknights stick to me like glue. Its like no matter how well you play against them they will always have that 1 extra tool to close the gap or immune your abilities that makes you feel like a ragdoll in comparison.

Affliction - Is fantastic and I think it is where it needs to be.
Demonology - I feel like the effort of playing such a complex spec isn't that rewarding enough considering most of your damage comes from the pet anyway. It requires you to manage alot of abilities and cooldowns but at the end of the day your felhunter/doomguard/meta are the main sources of your damage.
Destruction - Besides improved soul fire the rotation seems ok but I must admit I haven't played it enough to give a better answer.

-More abilities affected by soulburn. Right now being able to instant cast pets is too valuable to use it on anything else.
-Soulburn: Sacrifice - Allows you to use the voidwalkers sacrifice ability without actually having to summon the voidwalker.
-Soulburn: Curse - Lets you cast a curse that cannot be dispelled but only lasts 20-30 seconds. (maybe increase the effect of the curse ie: CoW 30% physical instead of 10%/or not if its too imbalanced).
-Soulburn: Soulshatter - Gives interrupt immunity for 6 seconds.
-Utility spells on a different school than damage spells, give me something else to mash instead of Fel Flame when interrupted.

Searing Pain - lets face it warlocks havent ranged tanked since TBC.
Eye of Kilrogg
Unending Breath
Rain of Fire
Soulshatter
Health Funnel - so much easier to just soulburn another pet out rather than having to cast it 3-4 times to heal your pet.
Enslave Demon - gimmicky ability that has no real use other that to exploit an occasional buff some demon provides.
Edited by Moshbeast on 9/12/2011 11:12 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
-PVE

-Raids and Dailies

-None, I don't PVP

-The pet slowing down to normal run speed when put into combat when mounted.

-The complexity of the rotations compared to other classes, the working for and earning the dps

-The reliance on a long ramp up to be fully effective

-Generally I like the rotation of demo, but find the destro rotation/priority list is a bit cumbersome to maximize

-I would like to see the Felguard, demo's signature spell, be more useful for single target fights.
-A new demon added to the list of demons
-Some kind of improved nuke spell, or an improvement to soulfire to fill the role
-Some new soul burn effects

-Enslave demon-Have only used it once while leveling in Desolace back in BC
-Curse of weakness
-Searing Pain-Used it while low level leveling a destro lock but that is it
90 Human Warlock
PvE

Raids

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Fix disappearing pet bars.
Bring back pet sacrificing for specific buffs, particularly for Destro.

Remaining competitive in all aspects of the game. I think warlock balance has been very good for most of cataclysm.
The difference in the specs makes each feel a bit unique, although at times it seems destro and affliction are only separated by burst damage and target swapping.
Giving us unique raid responsibilities, such as range tanking magic classes with searing pain. In past expansions there were typically a few encounters that required warlocks or other ranged classes to perform a specific role in a fight that was unrelated to simply dpsing your heart out. Now tanks are handling all of those duties as well as kiting, something that shamans, mages, and hunters have typically done in the past.

Improved Soul Fire. Just to keep it up you need an addon to help monitor the buff and having to hard-cast a spell that is slower and does less damage than incinerate sucks, especially when you get an Empowered Imp proc just after you finish the cast.

I enjoy affliction, but would prefer it to use drain-life as a filler over shadowbolt.
Demonology is fun anytime you are AoEing, but feels too slow on single targets. Some kind of burst mechanic would be welcome.
ISF over-complicates the destro rotation. I also don't care for the Burning Embers dot since it forces us to use a single pet. I'd love to be able to sacrifice a pet as destro for a fire or shadow damage buff. Just because we're a pet class doesn't mean every spec has to use one.

Bring Demonic Sacrifice back.
Simplify the destro rotation by removing ISF (and possibly allow destro locks to choose between dealing fire damage with burst or shadow with sustained dps).
Add more unique demons with interesting buffs to enslave and allow enslaved demons to cross loading screens.

Eye of Kilrogg
Enslave Demon
Unending Breath
Demonic Empowerment
Searing Pain
Searing Pain
90 Undead Warlock
Both, but mostly PvE nowadays.

Heroics and progression raiding.

Mostly RBGs.

- Very slow windup on Affliction. Once Affliction has time to get going, it's competitive, but the lack of direct damage spells hurts.
- Affliction is also slow to wind up in AoE situations and is susceptible to your SoC target dying, as well as stripping off Corruption from a soulburned SoC.
- Destruction has a lot of spells to track and the rotation requires constant preemption to refresh ISF or Backdraft. Destruction also doesn't have anything to refresh its primary DoT like Aff/Demo do with Haunt/Hand of Gul'dan, so you need to be mindful of Immolate as well as your other DoTs.

- Long fights, especially ones involving two targets where you can maximize the usefulness of Soul Swap.

- Trash packs in 5-man instances and short fights are not fun.

- Affliction is very simple nowadays and fairly easy to manage.
- Demonology is slightly more complex because of needing to be mindful of whether you be using Shadow Bolt, Incinerate because of Molten Core, or Soul Fire because of Decimation, but it's not much worse.
- Destruction feels overly complex because of the constant preemptions demanded by ISF, Conflag for Backdraft, Chaos Bolt, in addition to refreshing 3 DoTs.

- A use for Soul Burn as Affliction in non-AoE PvE situations. The Drain Life Soulburn has no use in PvE.
- A short-cast direct damage spell similar to Mind Freeze for situations where Fel Flame isn't enough but Shadow Bolt is too slow a cast. Turning Searing Pain into a spell that could benefit Shadow damage specs like Affliction would be nice, because right now Searing Pain is of no use to Affliction and the high threat it generates would make it risky to use even if it did deal reasonable damage as Affliction.
- A way of using a friendly target as an anchor for SoC, or some other way of keeping up constant AoE damage. (Mind Sear is the gold standard here.)
- A reduction in the complexity of the Destruction rotation and improvements to Destruction's coefficients to make its damage competitive again.

Curse of Weakness, Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave Demon, Searing Pain.
Edited by Hextall on 9/12/2011 11:08 AM PDT
85 Human Warlock
PVP
Arenas.Rbgs
affliction needs a deadly ability...when it comes to other specs and classes they have something super deadly as a signature ability..for affliction its just Haunt which is not that cool or powerful
being more unique because our pets are boring and also...and some dynamic changes to DoT system specialy for locks would be nice

not being effective and powerful when switching targets or in the beginning of the fight...most classes can ignore locks for the first 10 seconds of the fight
its weird for destruction..and boring for affliction
new pets...more instant or casting spells..less dots...or atleast more powerful dots
fel flame...shadow bolt!...searing pain...
85 Goblin Warlock
PvE

Decent raid progression in 10mans. (Currently 6/7HM)

a) Glyph of Soul Swap changing to a 30 second cooldown eliminates what it has done for us in terms of making up for lack of burst DPS in Affliction. Along with poor, AoE makes utility in progression content poor. This is very apparent in 10mans.
b) Pet hard cast switches in Demonology, this might not be a big deal of soulburn was on a lower cooldown. (We're restricted in the number we get/how often we can replenish anyways.)
c) Melee caster. This is for all 3, although it is really apparent for Demonology and only slightly less so for Affliction. Due to how Shadowbite works, not being able to apply Shadowflame is huge for us. For Demonology, we have Immolation Aura on top of that. Having to stay in melee in encounters designed to have casters stand at range is a major issue. (See Majordomo)
d) Demonology cannot do competitive single target without the Doomguard which is on a 10minute cooldown. For repeated attempts where pushing is necessary in the beginning, this can make or break those attempts especially on 10man since the 1 warlock's DPS makes significantly more of a difference.
e) Infernal AI needs to be better. While it makes sense for the Doomguard to focus on mob with a Bane on it, the Infernal is an AoE cooldown and we should not have to cast BoA on all the AoE mobs for it to attack them. A solution would be for the mobs which the initial summon damages would automatically gain BoA OR just gain a debuff which causes the Infernal to put top priority on them.
f) The Spell Power buff needs to be from all 3 specs. Being forced to play a spec that does not mesh very well with some encounters (See Alysrazor and Bethtilac) for a powerful buff because it is shared only with probably one the least played spec in the game sucks.

An interesting rotation.

Mechanics of the class which does not mesh with the encounter. (See Demonology: Having to AoE but cannot be in melee range, AoE phases which do not mesh with Meta cooldown, etc.)

Affliction - We either need more burst or our spread DoT damage needs to be higher. With the loss of soul swap on a reasonable cooldown and having to stack up Shadow Embrace to make DoTs do full damage, Affliction's slow ramp up time has no real benefit besides being able to pad meters when the encounter allows for it (see Heroic Shannox).

Demonology - I have already noted the issues with the Doomguard. Having to pet switch and hardcast it for maximum DPS is clunky and should be unnecessary. Finally, our DPS is so cooldown based, except our cooldown has a high level of variability in when it will be up. Pair that with having to make it mesh with the encounter makes the entire spec frustrating to play.

Destruction - This was a great spec with a lot of utility and so useful in 10mans. Too bad the DPS is low now. The only complaint I have is a lack of good AoE, but that was often made up for the AoE stun, survivability, and burst.

Better utility for Affliction and competitive DPS for Destro. Or combine Destro and Aff into a good utility/damage spec (or in other words a SPriest :P).

Drain Life does not give back enough health in PvE to be worth casting 80% of the time. Curse of Weakness, I never use. Curse of Tongues needs to work on more bosses/adds/mobs.

Finally, I have to say that it sometimes feels like we have become SPriests' red headed cousin. There is no reason why Shadow Priests can multi DoT better than Aff, burst low health mobs better than Destruction, and one-button cast a ranged AoE that does more damage than a non-meta'd Hellfire and does overall more AoE DPS than Demonology if the AoE is over a longer period of time. And has a better survivability cooldown than any spec.
Edited by Luxury on 9/12/2011 11:27 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
PvP mainly, sometimes I'll do heroics or PuG Raids
Instances, sometimes raids, quests, lorefarming.
BGs, Arenas, Rated BGs, Mild World PvP.
Soul burn having more uses would be nice(Soul Burn an armor to increase armor/protection or cause an immolation effect for a bit would be cool). Pet AI going back to the way it was would also be good (I hate that my pet won't assist unless I tell it to (defensive) or that it will follow what I am attacking currently (aggressive)), it makes micro managing pets more of a pain, and it was rather advanced to begin with. I concur with others that spell colour change would be nice, but not necessary.
I'm a warlock. Death and destruction is what I sew. The class as a whole is pretty fun, despite the 1,000 immunes to fears in PvP.
Getting CC'd by 3 different kinds of CC forever. All CC should have some overlap, even if minute.
In Affliction for PvP it can get rather tiresome. I'm not a fan of haunt not being applied to the Soul Swap effect, but I understand it a bit.
In destruction for PvE the rotation can be a little too much at times. Having to refresh DoTs on top of immolate and hard casting is a little rough.
Something Anti-Melee/Anti-Interrupts for PvP. Warlocks tend to be able to handle casters and ranged easy enough, but Warriors/DKs/Rogues are a very annoying thorn in our side.
My wish list for all classes is something visually unique to every specc. Like Angel wings on a Holy Priest, a trail of grass/flowers that are on the ground when a Resto shaman runs around, maybe darken the area around an affliction warlock. Aesthetics.
Demon Flying Mount, or a Metamorphosis flying mount. Something really badass that makes people go ""Damn I wish I was a lock".
Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave Demon, Summon Infernal/Doomguard (mainly because it has no use in arena)

Cheers!
88 Goblin Warlock
PvE

Raids

N/A

Don't have any issues with anything right now, aside from things that will be covered later.

Managing all of my dots, cooldowns, and abilities and knowing what situations require the use of a different rotation.

Having to use more abilities than many other classes/specs and not seeing a huge increase in anything.

Affliction: Feels great. No clunky mechanics or abilities that seem out of place in the rotation.
At times, shadow bolt is awesome, but at other times it isn't, its cast time can be a little but of a problem, it is a fairly long cast, but at the same time does a bit of dmg and is crazy when lust and eradication are up.

Demonology: It feels ok, sometimes it is really fun, sometime it isn't, depending on procs.

Destruction: I used to love destro, but as it is right now, the rotation is just nuts, if ISF is kept, the duration needs to be a lot longer, like 30 sec or a minute. Corruption should not be in the rotation at all, it doesn't fit.

Viable burst dmg, I'm perfectly ok with a spell that say, will do more dmg in 10 sec than our normal rotation, but far less dmg over 30 sec. Maybe it will put a debuff on us that makes it deal less dmg with each successful cast (like arcane blast, but in reverse). Demonology getting either the ability to tank, by having a permanent demon form, or just meta all the time would be cool. Meta looks amazing and is the core part of demonology, so being in that form all the time would be awesome. Also, being perfectly honest here, the felguard is in a weird state right now. It really should be the demon of choice at all times for demo, rather than just when you want aoe, or its demon soul buff. Also, its fel storm is just crazy. On a completely unrelated note, a flying demon mount would be cool, not needed, but cool.

searing pain, enslave demon
Edited by Waregil on 9/12/2011 11:10 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Mainly PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] random bgs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Shadow's Embrace. The 15% damage buff. Unless you are currently raiding it feels like this talent is a waste. It never has a chance to build up on targets while solo'ing. Maybe add in a Soul burn Shadowbolt that can apply all three stacks at once. Or allow it to be swapped with Soul swap.
What makes playing your class more fun? Soul Burn the ability to improve a spell to change it's parameters even if it's limited during a fight.
What makes playing your class less fun? Soul Swap. After playing destro for so long Soul Swap feels Vastly inferier to Bane of havoc. Havoc applies a % of damage while Swap only pulls certain dots off the target. Havoc only has a single GCD and lasts for 5 mins, while soul swapping is a constant upkeep to keep fresh dots up and eats more Global Cool Downs then Havoc. I think it would be an improvement all locks would enjoy if havoc was a class spell and destro got a new 6th tier talent. Or add in a Soul Burn for Soul Swap to apply our dots in an aoe range. kinda like a chain soul swap target A's soul goes to B while B's goes to C's.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? Fine. Just that one of our new spells this expansion is never used unless we are on the move. Fel flame, it generally eats up more gcd's to get the same effect of recasting the dot. Just wish it felt more important to the class.
What’s on your wish list for your class? Class Flying mount. Maybe take our Dreadsteed thur a quest line to upgrade him with feiry wings. Or allow locks to have a demon Flight form.
What spells do you use the least? Fel flame. Curse of Weakness. Curse of tongues. Enslave demon. Eye of kilrogg. Summon Infernal. Unending Breath.
Both

All

Bg's primarily

Currently in-game bugs causing the pet bar to disappear is a quality of life issue. Possibly a refinement on the soul stone process. There do not seem to be many quality of life issues currently from what I can see.

The ability to put large amounts of damage on a target while not relying heavily on procs makes this caster class seem more stable. It also makes it easier in movement fights as you can work and anticipate movement adjustments during a fight.

The lack of viability of each spec. Ie. Demo is only used in heavy aoe fights, Affli in anything, and destro in almost nothing due to the 5-6 percent dps fall off. We are one of the classes that has the chosen spec which, just a guess, probably 90 percent play as a main spec. Other things that make our class less fun is the over abundance of available spells. A large portion of available spells are not on my bar, and to me that just feels like wasted utility. Affli in the current shadow bolt filler spec feels very "slow." I know that isn't very technical but the complaint from other lock friends is it feels like hurry up on all other spells and then you could cure cancer casting shadow bolt.

The rotation on all specs are easy to follow. Thankfully we are not to heavily dependent on prioritization, but that also tends to lend itself to a generally bland feeling about the rotations.

Reduce or consolidate numerous spells. Please add some mobility spells (think mage scorch). Possibly give each spec a look like DK's and do some more overhauling, like making destro more proc based. A rethink on our available demons (How often do you really use your void walker?)

That is situational dependent to many to list here.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]