Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

What type of content do you focus on?

Mainly PvE but some BGs occasionally

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Heroics, Dailies, Questing, occasionally raids, etc

If PvP, what type of PvP?

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

This is Cataclysm the "World of CC" expansion. I really hate Warlock Fear CC. Yea, it's good that the mob stands still instead of running around, but it seriously SUCKS! I know it's not always needed, but in Heroics, sometimes your the only option the group has and it is HORRIBLE!! It lasts TWENTY SECONDS and AGGROS OTHER MOBS that are nearby the CC. Polymorph doesn't do that and lasts 60secs. Neither does Repentance, Hex, Sap, Freezing Trap, or Shackle Undead/Chain Elemental and they ALL last way more than 20seconds. Did Warlock fear just get overlooked when you changed all the other CC's?! Cmon now Blizzard this is blatantly obvious!

The bug thats been around since I started the game in BC and probably before that. The one that when you dismount, your pet has about 1% health for 3secs because the game is calculating your health into the pets health. This happens with my Hunter too and this is bad, especially in BGs where people can kill your demon in 1 hit with random AoE damage if they get lucky. It's been around for YEARS.. Please fix it!

What makes playing your class more fun?

I like being a Warlock from the Lore standpoint as well as just class mechanics. Plus, I like when I can beat those classes with a two button *cough* Mages *cough* rotation

What makes playing your class less fun?

Pet stances... Seriously, they suck atm. I understand that your trying to dumb down the game for new people, but seriously Blizzard look at it this way. When WoW first started 7yrs ago or w/e, the game was hard. It took months to get to level cap, but people still played the game. Your first mount was 40, and it took forever to get to it, but people still played the game. People will still play the game even if it isn't 110% easy mode.... And for people like me that have been here for a while, it's kind of insulting how easy the game is now.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like Affliction's rotation a lot, but I'm with everybody else when I say it'd be awesome to replace Shadow Bolt with Drain Life.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. Fixed Fear CC

2. The ability to go out and enslave different demons in the world with Enslave Demon for variation. Much like Hunter taming!

3. Warlock flyer. Wishful thinking.. I know :/

4. Split Demonology into a tanking spec and a dps spec, such as Feral Druids are. This would help to fix the shortage of tanks.

5. Fixed Fear CC (did I mention that? Idr)

6. A Fel Portal that isn't as visable as it is. It sucks to port away from one guy in a BG, to find somebody else sleeping next to your portal waiting for you ><

7. Fixed Fear CC!

8. Pet health glitch fixed.

What spells do you use the least?

Unending Breath
Enslave Demon
Searing Pain
Hellfire
Rain of Fire
Edited by Malvaldo on 9/18/2011 9:05 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE mostly.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Dungeons, farming, dailies, and raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Next to nothing honestly.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Demonology - I'm all for weakening the doomguard and infernal but giving them a shorter cooldown would be nice. Our dps is on par with almost every class out there with them, but without them we underperform.

I actually love where demonology is at the moment. People complain but I enjoy the Felguard with demon soul / into summon felhunter. I think it's unique.

Affliction - Affliction lacks burst damage. I'm aware it's affliction for a reason, but I feel like I'm holding the group back when we need to burst. So much so that I don't bother to be affliction anymore. It used to be my favorite spec.

Destruction - This is the most complicated tree now. It almost seems wrong that it is. There's too many cooldowns to watch and all are low in duration.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Seeing myself in demonform

■What makes playing your class less fun?

My inability to burst

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love demonology's current rotation. Just enough abilites to keep an eye out for without being overbearing.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Demonology is too constricted by its cooldowns. I can deal with weaker proccs as long as we get to use it waay more. Our burst needs an upgrade as well.

■What spells do you use the least?

Curse of weakness, Curse of exhaustion, health funnel *faster to heal by resummoning*
70 Human Death Knight
PvP mostly with a small portion of pve on the side

heroics and questing

all. and occasionally world pvp

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
at the moment, i would say pet AI is my biggest fustration with the class. and im not enjoing the need to rely on a healer as much as i do in pvp, as squishy as warlocks are, self sustainablity seems to be lower than other classes imho. i also feel like there all still too many bloated talents in the trees, such as shadows embrace for aff., master summoner for demo, emberstorm for destro for example

i dont really have alot of fun with my locks these days. interupts, dispells, stuns, and blanket scilences being so abundant i feel as this class has gone far beyond "hardmode".

low self sustanablity. too many of our CC's sharing DR when they are differant effects (seduce-charm, ax toss-stun, fear-fear) why give so much control if we are extremly limited on how we can use it :/ UA isnt very scary and its reprocussions are very predictible

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
as complex and as clunky as they can get, it still comes naturally to me as long as ive been playing this class.all specs. i can agree that imp. soul fire does seem to feel out of place in destro with bad rng from imp crits (meaning ill have to hard cast it often)

a tanking option for warlocks. i dont care if its done through pet commands or through the warlock. there are many good ideas in many threads for this and i dont think it would be impossible to implement into the game, and i honestly belive in my heart it would be very popular.
i wish for drain mana back (someway, anyway).
fel armor to revert to the way it was (why couldnt the amount healed per tick been nerfed?) buff soul fire scaling, were almost at a point to where demo wont be even using if this doesnt change and it is our talented execute.
make voidwalker sacrifice baseline for all pets, if it wont absorb more then 10k in this expansion. allow us to use consume shadows in combat once again
make master summoner baseline for all specs.
allow shadow bolts to scale with shadow mastery
buff curse of weakness for more damage reduction, a glyph for it would be nice
increase the duration on curse of tounges and curse of exaustion (although its good practice for the state of spammed dispells that cata has brought to the game)
Doomguard/Infernal 5 minute cd with debuff http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2830983497 (thread of discussion of the DG/Inf)
allow felhound dispell to be allowed on self or friendy targets once again.
demonsoul to become spec based, not pet based
use the hunter pets model for warlock demons(i.g. talents, enslaving minons(tame) of our choosing

in order of least to actually used:
searing pain
enslave demon
bane of havoc
underwater breathing
voidwalker
eye of killrog
ritual of summoning (can i please just use this with one other person or by myself? pretty please?)
felflame
Edited by Baín on 9/19/2011 11:12 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids and Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I might be alone in this but I enjoyed the consumable Soul Shard system.

Demonology is my favorite spec so running around in Meta is just the coolest thing to me

doomguard CD is waaaay too long
having to hard cast pet summons mid fight on occasion

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I enjoy it although being the fel hunter the higher single-target dps demon, I often find myself swapping to felguard to blow demon soul then having to swap back after soulburn is off of CD(or just end up hard casting)

would like our fire spells to look a different color(maybe green)
Enslave Demon using the hunter pet system to let us keep whatever demon we enslave
glyph to let our fire spells be green
permanent meta(appearance at least maybe a glyph?)
green fire(/beg)

Searing pain
Rain of Fire
Fel Flame(no more set bonus)
unending breath
eye of kilrogg

85 Human Warlock
- PvE

- Heroic dungeons, Raids.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- nothing comes to my mind right now.

- The demonic theme, complex rotation of skill in raid, the demonic circle teleport, is not a class for those who want to press just 1 2 3 over and over and I LIKE THAT : P

- The complex rotation of spells for destro in fights with lot of movements makes it really hard to pull good numbers, i like this but sometimes is just to much.
- Dependence addons because the class is so complex, and some addons are required to keep a track of everything, i guess this is why much people stay away from this class.
- PVP causing nerfs to the class which also affects PVE.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- Affliction: feels good, it shows nice numbers, but i dont like it for fights that i have to switch targets constanly, since the spells need time to reach its maximun potencial, everything else is great.
- Destruction: the tree i like the most but the one with more issues of this 2, its complex and i like it but it stinks that some other classes press very few buttons and pull the same or more damage as we do, i dont ask blizzard to take away some spells, not by chance, i just say since we sweat a lot more to do our job, it would be nice to pull a lil more damage as destro.
- Soul Fire (destro spell): soul fire have become a heavy weight spell and in a bad way, this is the skill that makes the rotation annoying with high movement fights, the buff it gives is nice but the cast is a pain if we are out of shards.
Would be nice if it hits harder or if it not posible, make the casting shorter.
- Improved Soul Fire (destro talent): is a good talent but the casting to apply the buff is annoying (i mentioned why already), the old talent was much cooler for destro (it gave 15% haste), honestly i prefer the old one 100 times and i think it would solve a bit the problem we see with Soul Fire since it increase its casting speed or just make the talent to increase damage as it is today but make "Emberstorm"(destro talent) reduce the casting time much more.
- Chaos Bolt(destro spell): Is quite crappy for being our top talent, low damage, have a cooldown, if you arent not planning to change the "Improved Soul Fire" it would be nice if everytime that "Chaos Bolt" lands on the target, make it refresh BUT not apply "Improved Soul Fire" buff, that would justifice to spend our 31 talent, so if the player let the buff wear off, it would be forced to cast "Soul Fire" or spend a shard, and i think the rotation would look more.. appealing and also would still being complex

- GREEN FIRE FOR DESTRO SPELLS PLEEEEEASE (meeeeeeeooooow) :3, it would be the like a signature for warlocks separating us from fire mages.
- Some people have mention to let us capture demons permanently but that would be like hunters and beasts, i think it would be better if we keep the demons we have right now but make them evolve when we reach certain lvls.
- I already mention it... make "Chaos Bolt" to refresh but NOT apply "Improved Soul Fire" buff plspls.
- Lets face it... those who likes warlocks like its complexity : P, otherwise we would be using mages, sooo keep the complexity of the class pls.
- Voidwalker: make the poor pet to hold the aggro specially for those who do quests for leveling : /
- Make "Shadowburn"(destro finisher) to do fire damage not shadow or shadow/fire as frost/fire lance and scale with mastery.

- searing pain
- curse of weakness
- eye of killrog

thank you blizzard.
Edited by Mikaelas on 9/19/2011 7:51 AM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
Best Lock here. You should listen to what I have to say.

PvP only

PvE is for bads.

All

Demon Armor + some Soul Siphon + Drain Life + Haunt + A healer

The Ability to not tunnel vision

Not enough burst, Not enough single target damage

Sortof Alot at once but fun

More single target burst, maybe some damage increase in all specs, make soul swap no longer needing a glyph but on the same cd as the glyph, nerf all melee classes so that warlocks stand a chance again warriors and rogues with there stuns and slows nerf ret pallys that face roll on the keys.

demonic empowerment useless
Enslave demon useless
eye of kilrogg useless
unending breathe useless
summon doomguard useless (inferno better)
summon voidwalker useless
summon succubuss useless
Corruption (Just kidding)
85 Orc Warlock
DoM
both

raids

bgs, some rbgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

PvE:
Destro: Imp soul fire feels out of place and is hard to keep up on heavy movment fights, maybe if it was refreshed by something else or stayed on longer, say 30 sec, it would feel less "clunky". Destro also doen't seem to have as much burst as it use to and isn't as high burst as other classes.
Affliction: Shadow embrace is hard to keep up on multiple targets or on heavy movement single target fights, maybe if felflame also refreshed it but not apply it. Another thing is that haunt travel time, on fights like rag or al'akir you have to cast it right when it comes off cd in order for it to make it before the old haunt falls off meaning you ether have to wait around for it to come off cd or cancel the spell your casting to cast haunt instead.
PvP:
Destro: despells kill destro in pvp, it need some despell protection for immolate. Also it relies too heavily on imp for it to be semi-viable.
Affliction: despells again, people don't seam to care about despelling even if they take damage and get the silence.

I've always enjoyed the warlock class, all three of its specs have been very different and fun plus they were my favorite unit in WC1. P.S. orange robes for a tier set pls! :D

a bunch of long hard casts and despells, in pvp hard casts = spell lockout or silence and anything I do cast gets despelled.

As Destro, it feels odd with having to cast soul fire less than every 15 sec to do "damage". As Affliction its fine for the most part but can drain soul tick faster, I usually only get 1 or 2 ticks of it before i have to cast something else.

- New pet skins, like if you see a cool voidwalker skin you want you use enslave demon on it and it will work similar to hunter tame beast spell.
- Buff the voidwalker, right now he cant tank, cant dps, and cant be used in pvp. Right now hes useless, buff his shield to something reasonable, up his threat generation so he can tank, and let him tank old raids like hunter pets can.
- Increase the coefficient on soul fire, this way it makes it better to cast as destro and makes it worth casting as demo.
- Flying demon mount, I think this would be awesome.
- Orange robes tier set, for a future tier I think it would be cool if you make the tier sets look like WC1 and 2 models, or at least just us locks ;).
- Change the imp searing pain talent into something useful.
-Soul shards feeling like a class mechanic rather than a class gimmick, right now there's so few uses for soulburn and fewer that are useful.

searing pain
enslave demon
Edited by Giborim on 9/19/2011 2:49 PM PDT
100 Human Warlock
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
> Both

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
> Heroics — getting back into WoW after baby

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
> Arena, BGs — getting back into WoW after baby

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
> Self Heals for Destro — Fel Armor and Replenishment nerfs since cata.
> Requirement for Lock Summon given existing guild perks.
> Reliance of demons that a subject to bugs (combat, rez).
> Soul Shard empty after a rez.
> Needing to spend more time buffing, getting pet, healthstones et al while other classes can run out on the get go.
> Glyphing for something obvious like Shadowflame that should be baseline.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
> Spell effects (green theme for stones, portals, pets and some spells). Variety of curses.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
> Reliance on partners more than other classes do (the game is not balanced around 1v1 for warlocks mostly. Warlocks seen as weak when alone.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
> Soul Fire — great to see the spell in use. ISF can be managed, but spending time hard-casting it so often 'slows down' the fun of the game. It should have been like the Glyph of Life Tap in WotLK with a longer buff.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
> Already covered by others

* What spells do you use the least?
> Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrog, Ritual of Summoning
90 Orc Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?

Raiding

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raid's

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arena, bg's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

For me the biggest issue is life tap, its a wonderful Mechnaic and i enjoy it but i think it takes 2 much health, i understand that its basicly 1 health to 1 mana but i still feel once you are over a 100k mana pool to use a round number that the amount of health it takes to get from OOM to full is to much

just the way the class is set up in general, i belive it is well balanced in reguards to stat weight, but damage is lower then other classes

Hitting 10-13 Key Binds to compete with ex (mages) who only hit 2 at max 4 ( Cd's included)

I also wish Destruction was More accessable for end game raiding it just dose not have the power to compete with the other specs

The Lack of Fun glyphs, theres nothing like the Mirror image or teh Treant glyph for warlocks.. Mby make a glyph that can change the skin of ur pets or mby a glyph that turns ur meta form transformation into a Imp or somthing.

Demonology's Weirdness

For me the rotation of Demon is beyond me i understand on paper it simple but ive been playing affliction and destruction for years and just switching bettween the 2 diffrent nukes with SF at a certian percent is just beyond me in concept.... i wish Demonology had it on Own nuke that benefited it more the just shadow bolt and incinerate... Mby somthign u have to spec into that has no Cd but the GCD and replaces SB and Incin completly.

As For destruction. omg lol, it just dose not have the power behind it that afflcition and Demonology dose. and there are many cases in a raid environment that Shadow fury's stun or just the plan BAM of the destruction spells would be very useful

As For Affliciton, this has been my favortie spec even when i was leveling back in 07. but i do have some complaints with it. I have 8buttons that i have to hit to compete with Ex agian Mages who hit 2. which is fine but i have less mobility, and with Fight mechanics getting more complexe with movement and such it makes it realy hard to stay competive.

Chaging how Demonology works Getting there own main nuke ( Hand is nice but with the Cd it dosent qualify as a nuke)

Affliciton making it less COmplexe while keeping it competive with other classes, also when i soul swap bane of Doom that the new target is a Appliyed with bane of Agony with Doom staying on the main target

Beef up Destruction to make it viable for raiding

But the Biggest wise i had was that in any spec i was in i could bring a Spl power buff with Demonology still being the 10% and the other 2 specs being teh 6%, or any other kind of Buff would be appreciated, 10% spell power is nice but for the ppl that dont like it it would be nice to bring somthing other then Fel intellegence ( which dose nothing in a raid), or have replenishment come from all 3 specs

Eye Of kilrogg and Void walker and Succubus
Enslave Demon, Demon Armor, Ritual of Summoning

Thank you for your time blizzard and thank you for checking and seeing what we think of the class.. let hope the other Warlocks arnt QQing like Rouges =P
Edited by Matrixzeer on 9/19/2011 10:11 AM PDT
85 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE]■
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics]
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [BG]
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. [adequate defensive tactical spells]■What makes playing your class more fun? [minion, being able to go back and accomplish game goals solo]
■What makes playing your class less fun? [depending on other players to accomplish anything of substance in the game or gain items, most of the time there just aren't enough players around as it very difficult to ge into well organized reliable groups and as you don't gain what it takes, it gets harder and harder]
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) pretty comfortable with it and it seems very effective offensively, adquate defense is a problem for me
■What’s on your wish list for your class?[being able to go back and complete portions of the game I couldn't get enough people together to accomplish, experience or enjoy]
■What spells do you use the least?[searing pain, eye of kilrog]

my biggest gripe with WoW is the utter dependence on other people to be able to accomplish anything in the game. beside elitist players, absentee guild members and just no one around; you get behind on raid knowledge, gear and game skills so when you actully do manage a good pug you are blasted for lacking the ability to run the dungeon adequately or be geared enough to be accepted into to a raid group because its your first time there...I wish there was an alternate solo route to the same goals in the game. I love to play and love the game but weary of being left in the dust because you can't get what you need because you can't solo it...I play everyday and beyond dailies and running acheivements there often nother to do as you wait for a pug that ends up to be a fail anyway...
Edited by Fanderahl on 9/19/2011 10:04 AM PDT
96 Blood Elf Warlock
• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do BGs. I used to enjoy 2s, but I don’t enjoy them as a Warlock anymore. I like 3s, but I have never had much luck finding reliable comps or partners.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Fear causing aggro unlike other comparable CCs.
Dependence on Priest or Druid to DI for maximize dps. (It really should just be a 3% haste buff for the Warlock and the other person).

While I generally like the new soul-shard mechanic, there isn't really much for Affliction in it.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

I enjoy it more so than the other classes I play mostly because it requires that you pay attention to play the class properly, not just optimally. I never find myself bored playing this class.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

All three specs have awkward mechanics to a certain extent (Affliction less so, Destro and especially Demo more so).
In BGs, or simply doing dailies, being a magnet for melee classes looking for an easy/free kill gets extremely old and really, really frustrating.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I would prefer Affliction had a channeled filler. I would prefer that Molten Core and Decimation were Destruction talents, which would streamline Demo’s rotation a bit. I think that ISF would be best either reverting to its early Cata form or removed.
Edited by Zauberei on 9/20/2011 8:19 PM PDT
96 Blood Elf Warlock
• What’s on your wish list for your class?
(Keep in mind this is a wish list)
General
1. Nether Ward being made baseline and designed with a percentage based absorb
2. Shadowburn being made baseline.
3. A self-only defensive magic dispel and an offensive enrage purge, which would heal the Warlock.
4. Demon Armor redesigned. It now increases armor by a percentage and removes bleeds, poisons, and diseases and grants immunity for ‘x’seconds with a ‘y’ cooldown.
5. Fel Armor redesigned. It now heals the Warlock for 3% of health every 5 seconds, increases movement speed by 30%, grants Paranoia, Underwater Breathing, and Detect Invisibility, and increases spell resistance by 2 per level.

Pets
1. Fel hunter, Succubus, and Imp damage being standardized.
2. Spell Lock being baseline for the Fel hunter, Succubus, and Imp.
3. Spell Lock being a 6-second silence and a 18-second cool down.
4. Devour Magic cool down reduced to 6 seconds
5. Whiplash being redesigned into a disarm similar to Dismantle.
6. Seduction is now instant cast.
7. Succubus’ Demon Soul redesigned to be useful for both Affliction and Destro PVP.

Affliction
1. Haunt redesigned. Haunt is now instant cast, increases periodic damage by 30%, and lasts one minute. In addition, Haunt doubles the effect of your Curses of Exhaustion and Weakness. Haunt may only be on one target at a time.
2. UA redesigned to have a direct and periodic damage effects similar to Immolate.
3. Shadow Embrace redesigned into something similar to its previous MS form.
4. Curse of Weakness redesigned. CoW now increases the time between melee and ranged attack speeds by 30%.
5. SoC redesigned. It is now 1.5 sec. cast and launches a demon seed into the target that detonates on impact and cause damage to all enemies within 15 yards.
6. Pandemic redesigned. Targets effected by your SoC are also afflicted with Corruption and BoA (without secondary effects – see below).
7. Doom and Gloom redesigned. Your BoA now also applies your Curses of Tongues, Weakness, and Exhaustion and your BoD now applies your Curse of Elements (which reverts to the name Curse of Shadows). The increased Crit. Percentage tacked onto Everlasting Affliction.
8. Improved Corruption redesigned. It now deals damage equal to 30% of its total effect when applied.
9. Drain Life redesigned. It now longer deals damage but drains ‘x’ % mana, rage, energy, focus, or runic power to the caster and transforms it into health.
10. Siphon Life reverted either to its 3.1-3.3 form or to its 1.5-3.0 form.
11. Eradication now increases spell haste by 20% for 10 seconds.
12. Drain Soul redesigned as the Affliction filler.
13. Bane of Doom and Bane of Agony are no longer mutually exclusive for Affliction.

Demonology
1. Legion Strike applying a 15% (up to 60%) Armor reduction debuff for each periodic damage effect.
2. Metamorphosis permanent form, akin to Shadowform and Moonkin.
3. Shadowbolt, Shadowburn, Corruption, BoA, BoD, Helfire, and Immolation Aura do shadowflame damage while in Demon Form.
4. Demon form model redesigned. Females perhaps Grand Warlock Alythess and maybe Archimonde for males.
5. Eye of Killrogg. Summons an army of demonic Eyes to fight for the caster (like Occular meets Army of the Dead).
6. Banish working on humanoids or at least undead, beasts, and dragonkin.

Destruction
1. Bane redesigned into a 3% haste talent and the cast times being made baseline.
2. Emberstorm redesigned so that Corruption, BoA, and BoD now do Fire damage.(SF and Incinerate cast times being made baseline).
3. Chaos Bolt redesigned. Incinerate and Soulfire cannot be resisted and it pierces through all absorption effects. Either as a passive effect or as an offensive cool down.
4. Chaotic Minds reimplemented. Periodic damage has a chance to make Soulfire instant cast, cost no mana, and reset the cool down for Conflagrate.
5. Rain of Fire now applies Corruption and BoA to its victims (at reduced damage).
6. Fire spells reskinned to green.
7. Searing Pain removed.
8. Molten Fury and Decimation are unchanged but are now Destruction talents.
9. Glyph of Shadowflame redesigned. The 70% slow is now baseline and the glyph now has a 20-yard knockback.

• What spells do you use the least?

Never: Enslave Demon, Summon Voidwalker, Eye of Killrog, Searing Pain,
Rarely: Summon Succubus, Fel Flame, Curse of Weakness.
Edited by Zauberei on 9/20/2011 8:29 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
I 95% play Demo Spec so I am best with it.

PVP

All 3

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Pet control. Sometimes they come off target. Sometimes they switch targets. I have tried everything to simply keep my Felguard on target. Right now I have just an attack button for him and he is on passive. But I lose 1-3s when he gets off the mark then returns.

Its unique strategic nature and the pet. I love pet classes.

Not matching health recovery like some other classes. But I manage.

Spells are fine and powerful enough. No adjustment there.

Better pet management, auto Immo Aura when you meta (so we dont have to cast it and open ourselves to CC), and better health regain compared to other classes via Soul Harvest (read below). Its 15% more difficult to beat an opponent out of Meta in arena when it gets 1v1. Naturally its easier with Meta by a good magnitude. The problem is Soul Harvest. I can't Soul Harvest without my pet being totally back next to my side even if I remove myself from combat. If I put my pet on passive and stop attacking I gotta wait till he comes back before I can Soul Harvest. Thus I can never soul harvest in arena if it gets down 1v1. I think this alone will be good enough for health recovery in arena. Mages can do it just by not attack casting. BGs the class has zero problems.

Underwater breath (only as a steal catcher), Searing Pain (never), Soulfire (rare and only in instant form), Rain of Fire (only to pop out hunters),
Edited by Fuzungatu on 9/19/2011 2:49 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
I enjoy both

Heroics, Raids if i can get them. I also enjoyed leveling, but not enough to do it again!

BG's, Some Arena, RBG's look fun but haven't done many

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I think the solution done for shards is working out well . But then ANYTHING is better than it was!! On that same note, the things we use shards for now dont seem to have continuity. It feels like the developers solved a problem that need not exist, only to find the solution didn't justify its existence either. Its painfully obvious there was a struggle to think of things Warlocks will "need" to use shards on. As a short term buff they are almost worthless. Its nice t be able to burn one and summon an instant demon, but hunters can just whistle up a pet from a zoo full choices INSTANTLY, without any need to burn any resource. I say make dealing with shards really worth our while or ditch them.

Warlocks are fun because they are complex, unlike allot of the "2 button chump" classes... and you know who you are

Unfortunately, the same thing that makes it fun. Complexity demands skill, skill demands time and patience. But its is not very fun trying to pin your rotation down wile you have some stealther sticking / chewing your hind parts at every single opportunity, even to the exclusion of all else. Nor is it fun in a PVE situation to be "uninvited" because your DPS isn't matching every one else in numbers, because your rotation is 8 casts long, with a mixed bag of instant and hard casts, and one slip up can dramatically drop the output.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm Affliction... nuff said, if not see above...

1.) I feel taking Drain Mana was uncalled for, and a mistake. It was neither overpowered or underused. It was about the only check Warlocks had against healers, specifically Paladins, and Druids. For being jack of all trades..... They sure kick out the DPS like a pure damage type.
2.) change Demon models. With all the really cool new models available, we are still stuck with same guys we had in vanilla wow. The Big Blue-berry! cmon. throw us a fricken bone here.
3.) How about being able to "give" your felguard a better weapon, or some extra armor. Same for the others too, maybe the imp could use an improvement of a wand or some caster gear. Succubus- rogue gear. Void- a shield or tank gear. fellhunter- uhhhh got me there. Point is Hunters get to improve their pets with points, to sort of personalize them. If we summon the same Demon over and over again, we should be able to throw them some of that equipment we were going to just vendor or DE anyway.
4.) Portals! aaaww come on... it makes sense, we travel the dark and twisting nether just to pay the bills. we were once like Mages... I'm not talkin every city but how about some of the dark portals wow has strewn about. could cost us mana and life to use. Or a shard or two, it would be a real / storyline reason to still have shards...
5.) No more of these day-glow / non-warlocky Armor sets... T5 was the best we all know it. The reason, because it LOOKED the part. Cut us users of the dark arts some slack, make us look the part!
6.) Demonic form needs to be made a real form, not a temporary Polymorph! Have it eat shards for every 3-5 minutes you are in the form. thats enough to do a BG or boss fight, and the Lock will need to recuperate at the end in order to be as effective again, just like if they took on the burden of channeling a demonic form.
7.) Allow Warlocks to collect Demons via enslave demon, like hunters get pets. I would bet this would spark allot of interest in the Warlock world. After all enslaving these guys is what we do right?

last but not least wouldn't be a post without it .... Green Fire / more cowbell.

*searing pain
*any wand, other than stats. but then that applies to all our weapons .... But really, Wands
*Immolate
*soul-fire (what a powder puff long as heck to cast "nuke", my Felhunter farts harder than that after the all you can eat chilli contest in Goldshire!)
*soulshatter
*Enslave demon... For now.. Wink wink...
85 Human Warlock
pve

raids

doomgaurd/infernal having such a long cd making it so I can only use it once every 3 pulls. for destro wouldn't mind having improved soul fire buff last longer because atm you have to refresh it so often that you can barely cast ur fillers.

making destro viable and maybe having meta as a form like druids have moonkin form etc.

nothing

demo and aff rotations are fine if anything aff rotation is a bit too easy but destro rotation is horrible, isf is just too much of a hastle.

green fire and destro being good

searing pain
drain life
curse of tongues/weakness
rain of fire
succy and vw
enslave demon
eye of kilrogg
Edited by Stollas on 9/19/2011 4:42 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warlock

Mostly PvE

Raids

N/A

The current Soul Shard system is good, although it would be nice to have some more abilities that can tie into deciding when to use Soulburn. Also the DoT mechanic now is a huge improvement from what it used to be.

The ability to gain mana whenever we want. Along with that, improved health leeching abilities within the Afflic & Destro talents. I also like Eye of Kilrogg to spy or scout ahead for fun.

Not too many instant escape mechanics, although not much is needed for raiding.

Afflic & Demo is great the way it is. Destro needs a bit of work such as an added ability or two.

I actually enjoy playing the Destro talent tree the most. So I hope that improvements could be made towards that tree to make it comparable against Afflic & Demo for raiding purposes.

Enslave Demon. There isn't much point to this spell when our normal pets have been specialized the way they are now.

Searing Pain. It was great for special fights that required a ranged tank.
85 Undead Warlock
Both

Heroics and raids

some arenas and Bgs and Rated BGs

Ive been an afflction lock since burning crusade. I love the ease of the rotation but my dps is just too low. I cant clock more than 13k dps even with upwards of 8500spellpower. and I use the optimal dps rotation that everyone else uses. Affliction needs to hit harder or the destro rotation needs to become tolerable. I wouldnt mind going destro for raids but the rotation is bonkers.

The ability to regen life while doing damage... Thats the funnest part of the warlock class IMO. in the Burning crusade a rotation of dots was enough to down a player, now it takes 3 rotations of dots to down a player... way too long to be in a fight with all the burst going around from other classes.

in the Burning crusade a rotation of dots was enough to down a player, now it takes 3 rotations of dots to down a player... way too long to be in a fight with all the burst going around from other classes.

Destro is horrible to try and raid with. All the movement and strategy doesnt go well with having to hard cast and maneuver around spells and watch meters at the same time. The afliction rotation is tolerable but not in line with the difficulty it presents in comparison to other classes that outdamage locks with WAY less effort.

Affliction being solid once again or destro being fixed and affliction falling off to the pvp side of things. In Wotlk and BC I could pull an entire zone without stopping because of the regen we got. I know thats not optimal from a development standpoint but it made the class SUPER fun to level with and play as a whole. Siphon Life needs to make a return in some form. We should be ALMOST self sufficient like say a druid or a paladin. The class is a hybrid which is cool- keep it that way. (and as far as a genuine wishlist- Mail Armor lol)

Eye of Kilrog
Dont ever use Searing Pain
Helllfire
Fel fire on occasion in pvp when the target is dotted and I dont have anything else to cast.
100 Human Warlock
WHAT'S ON YOUR WISH LIST FOR YOUR CLASS?

I would like to see enslave demon work exactly like tame beast.

Detect invisibility and create spell stone return to the game.

Fear work the same as hex (able to take a few ticks before breaking).

Chaos bolt available to all 3 specs and pierces all immunities such as ice block, pally bubbles and pvp trinkets, i believe it was meant to do that.

Reduce the Doomguard/ infrenal cooldowns.

Eye of Killrogg become an AOE spell.
90 Orc Warlock
Both but more pve

Raids

2s arena

The "new" (as of cata) soul shard system for me is a bit un-used. The fact that I am limited to 3 a fight and with a 45 cd combined with the fact that they don't really add much for a fight. As demo, I already have the talent so I can get my pet back instantly ever 2 min. If for some reason my pet happens to die more often I'll use it on that, which also contributes to why I don't want to use them for anything else. Going even 10-15 sec let alone up to 45 sec with out a pet as demo makes you nearly useless. I just don't feel like I have anything worthwhile to use them on. An instant cast soul fire ever 45 seconds really doesn't add much...

A lot actually. The complexity of the rotation, the interesting utility we can provide, the "coolness" factor when you pop meta and look awesome, and of course the sheer numbers especially on aoe.

Certain aspects of pvp, especially against melee. PvE usually is attempted to be relatively equivalent in terms of damage output between classes including melee and ranged. In pvp this translates to some problems with it comes to interrupts. A melee with a 10 second interrupt can interrupt a little less than 50% of spells cast. Even with considering casters can fake cast (which in and of its self is a slight damage loss) any interrupts they do get is a dps loss for casters. In pvp if a melee just sits on me with slows and interrupts half the time, I do practically no damage (in comparison) and will inevitably lose against a healer comp.

I really enjoy it. I've go so much to offer to the raid. Massive aoe damage, and massive burst damage where it counts. Each of those rotations calls for 5-8 different spells and abilities to manage. It's fun manage all the different aspects of both those rotations.

After hearing about the new rogue legendary weapons and they way they must do certain quest tailored to rogues, it seems many classes could have something similar. I know we just got a legendary staff, but so it would be a bit unfair to give locks specifically something like this. This could entail having to use your array of demons as well as other warlock specific spells like banish or enslave demon. (See below about enslave demon) What also might be cool, and somewhat combining this with the hunter thing would be to do something in which you get a new or edit your pets. Maybe different skins for your pets, or even totally new pets. This would be something pretty massive and I'm not sure how all it could play out in respect to balances and all that jazz but maybe this "procs" new idea that you can implement.

I've also seen people comment that a demo tank spec would be fun. I think this could be done and done well, but it's not some grand vision I have. It would be hard to manage the gear to have a clothie tank, but with the addition of mastery I think this is a lot easier now.

Searing pain - because I don't play destro much

eye of killrog - I really only use this to pull bosses and reset them to confuse raid members

enslave demon - There really is no good reason to use this spell, especially as demo. Once you've enslaved a demon you loose the passive 10% spell power buff. You lose damage because your pets are always better. You can't use demon soul. The only time I remember this being a useful spell was as cc in a bc instance or 2. I think this could be used as something really really fun especially as part of the "epic quest".

other pets - Voidwalker especially. Although he probably has the ability to take damage, he can't hold agro. Although I'm not expecting him to tank raid bosses if he can't hold agro over even myself there's really no point in having him except maybe for the shield, but that takes so much just to get him out that by then you're probably dead.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]