Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena, BGs. I would do more rated BGs if I had a group for them, but getting one can take over an hour.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Numerous pet bugs and AI quirks that make using them aggravating in many circumstances.
-Soul Shards not being replenished upon resurrection in Battlegrounds.
-Extremely limited pet customization/personalization
-The specs don't play as differently from one another as they once did, making the class feel like it has (dramatically) less variety than it used to.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

-Strong synergy between debuffs and attacks (e.g. Haunt + DoTs, Conflagrate working off of immolate and triggering aftermath/backdraft)
-Unique and "evil" spells (e.g. Fear, Death Coil, Demonic Circle, Metamorphosis)
-Pets having dangerous and powerful ability sets that the player can select and switch between
-Synergy between the pet and the caster (e.g. Soul Link, Demon Soul)
-A mix of damage sources (Pet, DoTs, Nukes)

* What makes playing your class less fun?

-Lack of spec identity/focus (Destruction's nukes are FAR too weak and its DoTs much too strong. Demonology's signature demon is weak. Both of them end up playing far too similarly to Affliction)
-Overly long ramp-up of damage delivery
-Over-vulnerability to Dispel when not specialized in Affliction.
-Destruction's signature nukes being extremely weak against PvP targets.
-Talents that serve no purpose (e.g. Improved Searing Pain) still existing.
-Empowered Imp. This talent's extremely low proc chance makes the ability incredibly random and makes it feel more like a TBC-era ability than a Cataclysm one. Sometimes it procs repeatedly, so fast you can barely keep up. Other times I can go multiple Battlegrounds without ever seeing it proc.
-Demonology's lack of powerful instants. The spec is much too "turrety" to ever have a chance in serious arena.
-Lack of interesting new abilities in expansions. Most of ours have been fairly run-of-the-mill lately with no interesting mechanics being added to our repertoire.
-Soulburn's effects are too few and too limited. I'd like to see more done with this ability.
-This is difficult to articulate, but Warlock feels stuck in TBC/WotLK. The other classes I play at 85 (Priest, Mage, Warrior, Hunter), with the exception of Hunters, are much more stream-lined and feel far more "up-to-date" than Warlocks.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Destruction: I'd prefer it didn't use Corruption. Also, Empowered Imp is far too random. It should be more consistently available. I'd prefer that much more of the spec's damage come from its nukes than its DoT effects. Oh, and also, please remove Bane of Havoc and put that damage back in our nukes.

Demonology: It's kind of insane but I like it that way. I just wish that the "Use X instead of Shadow Bolt" periods were a bit more...dramatic?

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

-Pet customization
-Destruction returning to nukes and burst
-Demonology's Felguard being a serious threat again
-Better relative offensive mobility. I can't really stop someone who wants to get away from me from doing so unless they make repeated errors.
-Conflagrate's daze to work on vehicles in Battlegrounds. Why doesn't it work on them again? The daze from Feral Charge certainly does.
-A powerful instant attack on a short cooldown for Demonology
-Infernal/Doomguard retuned to be 5 minute cooldowns and usable in Arenas
-Drain mana back
-Affliction given the option to focus on Shadow Bolt OR Drain Life as a primary nuke
-Interesting new abilities that affect the battlefield/player movement.
-Rain of Fire to be a strong AoE for Destruction
-Chaos Bolt to be a feared, dangerous nuke instead of a green Incinerate
-Detect Invisibility back
-Shadowburn being a powerful/useful execute

* What spells do you use the least?

-Searing Pain
-Curse of Weakness
-Summon Infernal/Doomguard (I'd use them more often if they were available more often, but I can rarely use them more than once in a BG and I simply can't use them at all in Arenas)
-Summon Voidwalker
-Any Soulburn effect other than pet summons(All specs) or Soul Fire (Destruction). I use the Demonic Circle: Teleport one from time to time and very rarely the Healthstone one, but none of the others ever.
-Bane of Havoc (I never even spec for it)
Edited by Maleficia on 9/12/2011 11:17 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, heroics
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
pet bars bugging on me or my summoned demon attacking the wrong thing, Can we just get a second pet action bar for our summoned friends as well?
What makes playing your class more fun?
I have TONS of spells to hurt people with the power of darkness, however my meters dont reflect it. I would love a buff to warlock dps, I feel were the most complicated dps class, yet dont see much rewards for tough rotations.
What makes playing your class less fun?
Getting beat by a huntard in dps when he has less gear and I try my hardest to keep up my complex rotation.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Love all 3, except can Hand of Guldan like stay on the target and not be a small floor thingy?
What’s on your wish list for your class?
MORE SUMMONS!!! We wanted demons as flying mounts back in BC, fast forward a few years, still the same 7 demons, I love the class mount we have, but a flying mount or going into a demon flight form would be awesome! Also can we shorted the CD on summon Infernals and Doomguards? I would like to use them every Raid boss attempt instead of every 10 min.
What spells do you use the least?
Curse of tongues, not useful at all in pve, i guess its good to kill healers in pvp however.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Mainly PvE

Heroics and Raids

A few scattered BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pets despawning after zoning, riding vehicles, or just riding around. Not being able to use my Doomguard/Infernal for every progression fight.

I enjoy the complexity that locks have and having to actually think about which spells to use at any given time. I also really enjoy life tap and soul harvest.

Pets despawning and only having a few of our pets actually being useful. I've never played much Destro but when improved soul fire was still in Demo it was a very clunky mechanic and I hated hard casting soul fire so much.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It can get a little complicated at times but I really enjoy it (Demo).

As Demo I really want the felguard to do competent single target damage. Its not all that fun to have to switch to and from the felguard and felpuppy during combat every ~2mins. Putting the Doomguard/Infernal on a 5min cd with a 10min debuff that drops on death so we can use it on every progression fight. Give the voidwalker some way to actually tank for me so I have reason to use him. Give soul fire back its scaling so it can be a decent execute for Demo again, if this means taking away the instant soul burn soul fire then do that.

Curse of Weakness, Eye of Kilrogg (but I still like this spell), Searing Pain.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
both
Raids, dungeons, heroics.

all above.

We could have more ways of regaining soul shards in combat beside killing a monster.

Demons, dark magic and stuff.

We're very limited at casting on pvp. We just have fear and are forced sometimes to drain-tank meeles on pvp.Portal feels very limited unless it's abused on a Z-Axis. Lack of burst skills beside the demonology tree. Shadow Embrace being a debuff instead of a self-buff, compared to shadow priests we have to suffer through a lot to just get a decent multi-dot dmg on the targets. And to finish we have a lot of self buffs to concern ourselves after raid wipes + dark intent drama.

Destro, my favorite tree, feels very clunky. Improved Soul Fire mechanics is just too annoyning to use and last very few seconds for the time the warlock is required to hard cast another Soul fire.
Demonology's execute phase feels really lame too since Soul Fire does the same damage as a Shadowbolt with the decimate talent and it's cast doesn't affect the Meta cooldown talent.
Affliction shadow's embrace being a debuff instead of a self buff.

Changing Shadow Embrace mechanic
Changing Improved Soul Fire mechanic
Increase of Soul Fire damage
Warlocks getting more air to breath on pvp besides fear spam bot.
Destro being pvp viable again(give some way immolate is not dispelable)

Eye of Killrog
Searing Pain(useless)
Underwater breathing(almost useless too)
Edited by Sethuriel on 9/12/2011 11:15 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Warlock
PvE
Raids

For the good side, not having to carry around soul shards, as I'm sure most people have said. On the bad side, issues with pets not being able to participate on fights such as Alysrazor in the air and even more so having to pet swap in the demonology spec. (Mainly pet issues).
Warlocks are one of the more rare classes. I've been playing one since BC and have always loved the class.
As a DPS class I've always wished that the three specs could be balanced so that you could choose whichever one you wanted. It also is disappointing to see hybrid classes do more dps which I feel is part of the reason warlocks are underepresented. Why play affliction when you can be a spriest, why play destruction when you can be a mage, why play demonology when you can be a hunter.
Affliction I have no issues with, I wish that demonology didn't have to pet swap for the demon soul. (Felguard seems weak) I also feel the improved soul fire buff for destruction seems very clunky. It went from a spec of quick casts with quick cds, to a spec with a hard cast soul fire slapped into it too frequently. I feel that soul shards are used too infrequently with affliction and are used too much for pet swaps as demonology. It would be nice to see them as more of a damage cooldown.

As stated before, a way to use the felguard as demonology full time in raids. A change in the improved soul fire mechanic for destruction. More straight up damage uses for soulburns.
Curse of Weakness, Eye of kilrogg, Summon: Infernal, Summon: Succubus, Drain Life, Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Demon Armor, Summon: Voidwalker, Demonic Empowerment
Edited by Kursed on 9/12/2011 11:15 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock

Primarily PvE

Heroics, raids, generally pushing heroic raids, but usually never clear all bosses on heroic.

My biggest complaint as for quality of life is the apparent need to play all 3 specs in some capacity and only being able to save 2 of them for use at any given time. I primarily play destruction because that's the spec I really like to play, and so I play it whenever I can. However, there are fights like heroic Rhyolith where I need to be demo for the added AOE and fights like Alysrazor where I need to be affliction if I want an interrupt via felhunter (as opposed to running destro + felhunter which would do crap dps). The thing is, I don't care if I have to go back to the city, pay a fee, etc. to switch to a third spec. I just wish it were saved so I didn't manually have to put in the points and glyphs - not to mention re-arranging spells on my action bars.

Also, not being able to get soul shards from mobs in old raids with drain soul. I don't understand why the target level restriction even exists.

In general, I think unique abilities add the most to the class. I like the differences in the warlock kit as compared to a mage for example. More things like Soulburn, Shadowfury, Demonic Circle/Teleport, Bane of Havoc. A new, or enhanced version of existing pets would be nice.

Inversely, feeling like a mage with a pet. Needing a specific pet (fel hunter) that doesn't work well with your chosen spec (destro) in order to have an interrupt. Getting into a random heroic and not having a suitable target for dark intent (like 3 paladins and a rogue). Having half the available itemization choices of priests. Mages/Locks should be able to either convert spirit to hit or there should be a special reforge option for Spirit to convert to hit at 100%. Long waits in LFD queues.

I think the destruction rotation is a bit too complex. Keeping CoElements, Corruption, Bane, and Immolate up, keeping Conflag and Chaos Bolt on cooldown, refreshing Improved Soulfire/casting Soulfire on Emp Imp procs, and then spamming incinerate in between everything else is just a little over the top, especially when destruction dps in general lags behind the other two specs. There's no reward for playing the most complex of the 3 specs.

More reasons to push that Soulburn button. Some kind of pet customization - at least in appearance. Class flying mount. All orange fire -> green fire. Better looking tier sets.

I'd also really like to see an independent faction of warlocks in-game with an agenda. Druids/Shamans have Cenarian Circle/Earthen Ring. Mages had the Kirin'Tor. Death knights had the Ebon Blade, Paladins/priests have had various forms of the Argent Dawn. Rogues had Ravenholdt, though nothing was ever really done with them. What about hunters, locks, warriors?

Curse of Tongues
Curse of Weakness
Searing Pain
Demonic Empowerment (no PvE use)
Eye of Kilrog (fun, but useless)
Shadowburn (too limited of use - don't even spec into it.)
Enslave Demon (was cool when there were demons around)
Soul Shatter (In a world where threat doesn't matter...)
Edited by Deathonwheat on 9/12/2011 11:19 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Pve I guess heriocs since raids are something I am skipping out this exp

I really don't bother with pvp since I got tired of being the only horde showing up for Baradin Hold and getting steamrolled

I really enjoy my warlock but after gettting nerfed over and over because of pvp and the removal of certain spells and getting some rather lame ones in cata was very disapointing

My rotation is not as fun and quick as it used to be to me because casting shadow bolt over and over feels rather boring with refreshing the three dots

What spells I use least are
Immolate
I do curse of tonuges really for a laugh anymore on bosses that speak a line to seem them talk in deamonic
I never have used Curse of Weakness ever it just seems lame
Soulshatter because if I pulled then something is wrong

My wishlist is to make warlock pets more like hunter pets in a way we can customize them but instead of trees an item we get via vendor or a drop

And felflame really needs some help because I wand for more damage than it does
Edited by Katherissi on 9/12/2011 11:19 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■

Mainly PvE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raid progression (currently Heroic Ragnaros)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Going to seperate this by spec:

Affliction:

Target swapping has gotten better with the addition of soul swap, even with the nerfs it has taken. However, I still feel shadow embrace is an old and outdated mechanic that could use some revamping. Anytime there's an intermission phase or a hard target swap, our dps suffers because we have to restack it. It would be nice if we could have it as a self buff on ourselves similar to what shadow priests had. Our full dot damage is already heavily limited by the fact that haunt can only be on one target at a time. We can currently stack up shadow embracex3 on two targets, and if you're super pro on 3 targets, but it makes the affliction rotation much more difficult to manage.

Also, the rotation feels so buttery smooth once we get below the 25% drain soul threshold, and I give commendment for that. I don't really mind shadow bolt all that much, but I do feel like it is too large a source of our damage for a... purely dot spec.

Demonology:

Here, I feel like too much of our damage is tied into our doomguard. With it being on a 10 minute cooldown, if we used it previously, and we wipe, well, there's no way I'm using it on the next attempt (excluding Rag). I'm not asking for a cooldown reduction here. A 5 minute doomguard would be overpowered, but I think some damage could be moved away from the doomguard and put into our other spells, or pets. *Hint* Felguard *Hint*. The fact that our felguard is the spell granted to us when choosing demonology, and it does less single target damage than the felhound is baffling. He's great for aoe, but he could definately use a single target bump.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the way the impending doom talent works for decreasing our Meta cooldown. 5% change is so small, it makes the CD on meta very RNG. Sometimes it feels like my Meta comes back up right after I come out of it (don't get me wrong, I love that) and other times it feels like it takes the entire 3 minutes for it to come back up. I feel like it would work better if it was more along the lines of what Elemental Shamans get with their Feedback talent. Make the cooldown decrease a higher percentage (or 100% altogether) but shorten the amount of time that is reduced on the cooldown (down to 3 seconds per shadowbolt/incinerate/hog, etc). I know we don't want copycat talents, but Impending Doom is clunky at best right now.

Our Decimation/Soul Fire execute phase also doesn't seem very strong.

Destro:

Haven't played this in awhile since aff and demo took over, so I'll do my best here. I never really minded ISF, but I can see where some people could think it's tedious. Destro could use a damage buff all around. It started out great at the beginning of Cata, but fell to the wayside with buffs to affliction and scaling problems with destro. Chaos bolt is a weak 31 point talent. Destro aoe is subpar and Rain of Fire is not the funnest thing to use. I actually have always enjoyed destro and it is one of my favorite specs due to it's on-demand burst, but I don't play it since its sustained damage is lackluster compared to affliction and demo.\

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I've been playing my warlock since the Burning Crusade and I've always enjoyed it immensely. I was also one of those guys that just loved to rage when it seemed like we were getting nerf after nerf after nerf. Some people probably don't see it that way, but I remember at the beginning of WotLK just seeing red due to our PvP dominance (ie, us getting dominated by anything and everything). With Cataclysm, I feel like our 3 trees are actually quite polished and well thought-out, and I enjoy the different playstyles we've been given. Our damage is on par with most other classes, although I always feel like I'm playing catch-up and I'm behind until we get to that 25% mark.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

-Fighting anything melee.
-Affliction ramp up time and hard target swapping.
-Demos reliance on a 10 minute cd for competitive damage.
-Weak felguard single target damage.
-High-end raiding as destro not viable compared to the other specs.
-Mobility (demonic portal is great, but only useful in certain situations. I wish I was a mage).
-Getting beat on meters by a 2 button spec when I have to optimize my rotation with anywhere from 8-14 buttons.
Edited by Kalistaa on 9/12/2011 11:22 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Addendum Post:

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I think our rotations are pretty solid right now actually.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I outlined most of this in the Quality of Life question quite extensively. Please refer to that.

■What spells do you use the least?
Been said already, but Eye of Kil'rogg.
Summon Voidwalker
Summon Succubus
Curse of Weakness
Rain of Fire
Searing Pain
Enslave Demon

Thanks for taking the time to read this (if you did). :)
90 Undead Warlock
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Updated graphics for our pets. They look old, seems, and feel old.
90 Human Warlock
PvE, mainly with the ocasional PvP.

Heroics, raids.

Occasional BGs

not having to soullfire in order to keep the buff, a greater increase in the HP returned from healthstones would be really nice.

we either A. Nuke you, B. Slowly destroy you, or C. we send our demon to do the job.

having little damage mitigation

I dont feel that there is anything wrong with it minus having to keep soulfire buff up.

Having a personal flying mount, and some newer demon pet models
DEMO:
perhaps a permanent meta form, just like Spriests have.

AFF:
wish drain life had a buff. cant say how many times if drain life gave me a bit more health back i would survive.

DESTRO:
remove soulfire buff, make something permamnent perhaps in talent tree. also perhaps giving imp pet b bigger and giving it a more demonic look

curse of tongues and weakness, My voidwalker unless im soloing something, and succubus
Rain of fire since its so damn mana costly, granted we can life tap but it angers the healers.
90 Goblin Rogue
• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: PvE & BGs (No Arena or RBGs)

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: Heroics/Other (Soloing, questing, exploring, etc.)

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A: Battlegrounds and (some) World PVP. No Arenas or RBGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
A: Soul Shard bags… oh wait! But seriously, as I’ll state a few more times I’m sure, Shadow Embrace should be reworked because I think it is currently the my biggest Warlock related quality of life issue.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
A: Its complexity and aesthetic feel, it really feels unique among the classes

• What makes playing your class less fun?
A: A lot of my abilities feel like they have the right concept and flavor behind them, but don’t quite achieve the level they’re reaching for. Example: I play Affliction Warlock, and I feel that this class should strive to achieve a higher level of self healing, or allow our dots to do higher damage allowing us to be more mobile and support classes via our utilities. Possible allowing less reliance on Shadow Bolt spam and more Drain Life and mobility.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: I think for the most part it’s a solid rotation. I would like to see improvements to Shadow Embrace as this part of our rotation makes fighting more than one target overly difficult. It’s a large portion of our damage and being able to possibly have it added to Soul Swap or just changing it to be more easily applied would be a great improvement. Also I would like to see drain life become a viable affliction filler. Shadow Bolt seems less interesting, but could be used for applying Shadow Embrace. Also, Drain Life seems to mesh with affliction’s “Self Healing” aesthetic, which as stated earlier, I would like to see more focus for around the affliction spec.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
A: Opps, I thick I just answered that in the last question. I would like to ses a few things added to Warlocks.
1. Affliction spec based around self healing, DOTS, and mobile utility.
2. Shadow Embrace to be reworked to be more easily applied, especially for mulch-target encounters.
3. (If we’re really “wishing” I would love to see a Warlock Fiery Wings Steed)
4. Possibly a Demonology Tanking Spec tree shared with Demonology DPS Spec similar to Feral Cats?

• What spells do you use the least?
A: Shadow Ward, Hellfire, Soul Fire, Eye of Kilrog (Cool flavor though), searing pain.
90 Worgen Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics Raids, Heroics, end game content.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-- Doomguard can only be used once every other fight the reset cd should be shorter so we can have it up for every attempt.

-- Swapping pets in demonlogy to achieve optimal DPS is another one, Felguard should be the choice pet for demo.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

-- The ability to survive longer than any other class in a raid

-- Maniacal cackling

-- Diverse range of utility that we bring to raids for e.g. Rez via soulstone, healthstones, summoning, Dark intent etc.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

-- Very long ramp up times to achieve optimal DPS as compared to other Pure DPS classes, for an affliction warlock you need 2 SB's (1.8-2.0 second cast) and a Haunt to achieve three shadowembrace stacks aka it takes us a good 5-6 seconds to achieve our full potential.

-- Improved Soulfire , This is a 2.5 second lag spike in a very awesome flowing rotation for very little gain, Soulfire is balanced around the original 15% haste from the talent, it needs to be balanced around its excessively long current cast time.

-- Revamped Pet control system, please dont take it as criticism but it has made pets excessively stupid and while its does not hurt as horribly due to pet attack macros its still an utter pain in the behind and frustrating to have pets not optimal obey.

-- Pets still die/despawn due to Room design (Sinestra elevator).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Affliction is smooth flowing its by far one of the better rotations for the class.

Demonlogy : Pet swapping isnt fun its tedious and time consuming, If the felguard is the main demom for demonlogy it should be buffed enough to be the only demon we use... after all we put points into it and its Demonsoul is perfectly synergetic with the tree.

Destruction: Improved Soulfire is a 2.5 second lag spike in the entire rotation, destruction has by far an even smoother and fluent rotation than affliction does except for this one blemish, I understand why it exists however it is tuned for its previous incarnation where it provided 15% haste.

85 Goblin Warlock
Make Felguard more used in Singletarget situations..

Buff Destruction Chaos Bolt and immolate Dispell protection..make hardcasting ISF worth it..
90 Undead Warlock

What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? I do some BG's, Hope for more world PvP, not Tol Barad

1. Warlocks take alot of time to self buff itself. (cast time pet, soul link, Fel armor, Lifetap to get mana back up, Soul Harvest to replace lost health and to replace Soul Shards.)
2. I think the Doomguard/Infernal cooldown needs to be less or have a Bloodlust debuff. I understand the unique ability it has, but losing 1-2k dps (demo even more) on progression fights or not having it up for the pull where it can do the most for you.

1. It was a very unique class, not as much anymore. Still love it.
2. Make green fire.
3. Give us a way to make our minions unique to us (we don't need to rename them)
4. We need more Demons in the world so we can control them at our will. (maybe allow us to farm our own minions the way Hunters tame their own pets)

1. 1v1 I get creamed
2. I don't feel its fair Spreist can roll on spirt and hit gear (cloth) and with Boomkins, Eleshamans can do the same with Rings, Neck-pieces, trinkets, Weps, offhands, and wands. (can live with it, if not for number 3
3. I nerd raged when all the hybrids rolled on the trash drop wand in BWD, while there was a boss dropped spirit wand. The fact i was still rocking the 346 wand while everyone else was rocking a 372 wand was ridiculous. I think firelands has done a better job with that.

1. I feel all the specs are different, but wish there was more unique spells in each spec. (every spec uses Immolate or Unstable Affliction, corruption, Bane and only the filler is Different. (Chaos Bolt is a joke)
2. Destro relies too much on a soulburned insta-soulfire, While Demo and Aff have no use for Soulburn (except situational need, pet rez)

1. Green Fire
2. Ability to customize minions (We don't need to rename them to LOL names)
3. Doomguard/infernal cooldown
4. Insta Soulstone
5. Soulfire being used in all spec for PvE

1. Fel Flame ( rather Life tap or refresh another dot)

Yes, I am a Undead Warlock and being so, all other warlocks are Superior in PvE with their racials. Give us something back, let me eat the tank to regain my HP to full (via Cannibalism) instead of rezzing him back up (Lol) BUFF CANNIBALISM
85 Orc Warlock
Make ALL of our fire-based spells GREEN. Felfire is not orange. Orange fire is for magi.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Raiding at the moment, although I used to dabble in PvP in WotLK and did it exclusively before then.

Raids.

Mainly BGs, but I did Arenas in the past with a fair amount of success.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Soul Burn's cooldown seems unnecessarily long. I think it could be drastically reduced with no real balance issues.

I enjoy the challenge and complexity that Warlocks have compared to most other caster DPS classes. Warlocks have almost always been a fairly solid DPS in PvE, and deservedly so.

In Cataclysm, a lot of unnecessary spells like Bane of Havoc were created that makes destruction suffer when there isn't a second target.
In addition, the changes to Demonology's Decimation talent makes our execute phase very, very lackluster, to the point where sometimes I feel as if I'm hampering my DPS by switching to soul fire. It does only a small amount more damage than shadow bolt and for whatever reason, isn't included in the Impending Doom talent.

Demonology's rotation at the moment, to be frank, is a bit of a wreck. Switching between Felhunter and Felguard throughout the fight feels clunky and ridiculous and I'm fairly sure it isn't intentional for the Felhunter to be stronger at single target. Demonology is already considerably more complicated and difficult to play than most ranged DPS without having to rotate demons - I would suggest a change to legion strike to remove it's cleave but considerably buff it's damage single target, as that would benefit PvP for demonology as well, and I'm fairly sure we can agree that demonology does not need as many AoE effects as it currently has.

The previously mentioned return of Felguard being demonology's demon again is my largest one - I sorely miss my talent spec's iconic demon.
Decimation should also be returned to consuming Molten Core. I see little to no legitimate reasons why this was changed, other than to make demonology's rotation clunkier and less fun.
Nether Ward should also be made baseline. Nether Protection would still make it stronger for Destruction than the other two specializations.
Also, green fire and flying demon mount please. I'd love blizz forever.

Unending Breath and Searing Pain are self-explanatory. Searing pain is possibly the biggest waste of space this class has.
Curse of Weakness and Tongues should have their PvE durations increased to 5 minutes, and should also just be combined to reduce clutter. As they are now I hardly use them even if my group is missing the debuff, except for having to use Tongues on Maloriak, and even then due to the short duration my DPS tanked pretty hard for having to use it.
Demonic Empowerment is nearly useless - I think I've found maybe two situations all expansion where it actually came in handy, and both were in heroic dungeons.
Curse of Exhaustion is also in desperate need of a buff. My recommendation would be to increase it to 50%, but restrict it to only one target.
Edited by Aakarshan on 9/12/2011 11:26 AM PDT
85 Orc Warlock

PvP; former endgame PvE

Raids

Arenas, BG's

Making my pet abilites work with the default Focus Cast Key modifier.

When my pet abilites work with the default Focus Cast Key modifier.

When my pet abilites don't work with the default Focus Cast Key modifier.

Please allow "Shadow and Flame" and other critical strike bebuffs on a mob update in real-time. I hate having to Shadow Bolt first. Very unintuitive.

Pet abilites work with the default Focus Cast Key modifier.
The real-time update of critical strike debuffs on mobs.

Shadow Ward, Unending Breath, Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg
85 Human Warlock

Both

I personally haven't done much since the release of cataclysm on my lock

I loved doing bgs on my lock(back in lk), specially as destro my favorite spec
I personally don'y feel like destro or demo are worthy for pvp anymore, that is the reason why I just simply quited on my lock and deleted all its blue gear at the beggining of cataclysm, I felt weak compared to any other class and not as fun as it used to be back in LK. I am not saying other classes were OP, or that my lock was completely useless, All i am trying to say is that I felt my lock being so weak that it took all the fun from it.

The lack of mobility, and the frustration of hard casting most of your spells, we do not have a burst damage spell that is worthy, the only spec that works for pvp now is affliction, which i dislike as an spec

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I feel is good, never really had a problem with it, i had a lot of fun with the addition of the proc soulfire for destro, but because we locks dont use imp for pvp that fun was drastically reduced

Something like shadowform for shadow priest, example permanent demon form for demo, destro some type of fire thing on your head or around you, and for affliction a ghost that protects you, i really wish we could have something like that, even though it doesn't change anything in-game, i am sure it will add and bring back that special feeling and uniqueness that playing a warlock should have.

Eye of Krilog. Fel Fire.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]