Class Feedback – Warlock

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Now I'm planning just to play PVP in tired of the same in PVE so bored of PVE content

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas, BG's,Rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Fears, Draining, Porting till my dots consume the opponent's HP

What makes playing your class less fun?

Playing vs. a rogue LOL

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the rotation as a lock in any of their specs i hate the easy mode for example as an arcane mage you need only one finger so so boring (btw you should redesign the arcane mage spells/rotation/spec its the worst).... i like the hard mode of the games.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Your should make the best spec for lock affliction both in PVE and PVP its the best spec for me in a lock....and plz as a lock i always need to respecting almost one time per day i hate that you should let us have 3 specs.... i always dreaming with my AffliPVE/AffliPVP and another to play something different sometimes like destro or demon... but whithout all the ritual like changing bars, glyphs, etc... another thing you should let us have saved layouts for reforging and gemming.... its so tedious to change them every time... we should be able to change gems as the glyphs i mean take out one gem and put another.... just like a talent or a glyph.

P.S. Rename our pets like hunters sounds nice too including a new look for our pets I'm bored of the same axe on felguard, or the same outfit of the succubus....

What spells do you use the least?

Eye of killrog, Searing Pain, Eslave Demon
Edited by Nybbas on 9/12/2011 11:28 AM PDT
87 Human Warlock
HGX
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE, almost exclusively. I don't enjoy PVP very much at all.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

I raid several nights a week--2 to 3 nights of progression and 1 night of undermanned old content for achievements. I also run heroics regularly to get myself to the valor cap.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Since the Soul Shard change, Warlock quality of life has actually been pretty nice. No major complaints; the only minor one I can really think of is a desire for Soul Link to be auto-cast when I summon my pet rather than requiring a manual cast, and at that point I'm just nitpicking.

Of course, I do use several UI mods to improve my quality of life. If you guys can come up with a better way of tracking DoT durations in the base UI, and a better way of communicating ticks for channeled spells in the base UI, I might be able to get rid of some of my addons.

Oh--Glyphed Fear needs to get the CC changes that all the other CC abilities got.

I play a Warlock for the DoTs. Thus I tend toward Affliction. Dealing a lot of damage to a lot of enemies at once, or being able to have damage continue on single-targets when I'm focusing on a second target, is what's most fun for me. I feel like Affliction could manage juggling another DoT and still be fun.

Also, Soulburn: Seed of Corruption fills me with glee. I love using it.

Shadow Embrace and Haunt. As an Affliction Warlock, having to keep three stacks of one ability and one stack of a second ability up for my DoTs to do full damage just feels lousy, when Demonology and Destruction do about the same amount of damage from DoTs and don't have to manage that crap.

Also, Soul Swap changes. Soul Swap was good when Cataclysm launched, but could have used a few tweaks--issues with Bane of Doom, for example. The way that Glyph of Soul Swap has been nerfed, though, makes it entirely not worthwhile--it's become an emergency break for my DoTs in raid encounters, and while that's a useful ability, it's not really the fun, cool ability it was when Cataclym launched.

Continued...
Edited by Lockeheed on 9/12/2011 11:24 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
PVE mainly, PVP in spare time in between raiding.
Raiding, Heroics, Dailies, Achievements. Mostly raiding, 4 nights a week.

A mix of all. Whatever my guildmates or friends are up for.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Hard casting Soul Fire for ISF. This needs to be reworked, badly. Or removed.
Chaos Bolt damage needs to be buffed.
Doomguard CD. Either shorten the CD to about 7 minutes, or like others have stated before me, go the route of Bloodlust. 5 min CD, 10 min debuff. I'd like to be able to use my CD on every attempt and not every other, or 5 mins after the burn phase.

I've always liked warlocks, the dark feel to them, especially along the lines of Affliction. Summoning portals, soul wells, soulstones. Damage over time attacks, the slow but steady death. I love playing Affliction. Haunt is probably my favorite spell, why I don't know, but it is.

ISF
Doomguard CD.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The 13 keys I have to use in rotation to make my destro spec worth playing in raids. It sucks knowing that other classes only have to use like, 4 spells to pull big numbers and I have to use 13 in time with CDs and procs just to be able to match others.

ISF changes and Doomguard CD revamped. Can't stress that enough.
I'd like a warlock only flying mount too, that would be cool.

Demon Armor, Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath, Searing Pain, Fel Flame.
Edited by Fierypower on 9/12/2011 11:26 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock
PVE

Heroic 25man Raids

N/A

All specs: Lack of quick or instant reliable burst.
Aff: Long ramp up til fully effective. Up to 8 GCDs until I'm 100% effective is a long time when switching to new targets.
Demo: Forced to pet swap during combat to maximize DPS.
Destro: ISF. Quite possibly the WORSE mechanic I have ever experienced. Ruins the entire spec for me.

Simultaneous DPS on multiple targets using DoTs. A large selection of pets with unique utility.

Long ramp ups, long cast times or long cooldowns on important spells(Shadow Embrace for Aff, Soulfire/ISF for destro, Doomguard/Infernal cooldown for all specs).

Aff: Aside from the long ramp up when switching to new targets, I enjoy this rotation. The main body of the rotation is simple enough to do without diverting too much attention from what's happening around and to you, but offers enough additional abilities that can differentiate an excellent player from a good one.
Demo: Cast times feel too slow outside of decimation, where soulfire is fast, but feels weak. Pet swapping is aggravating and destroys much of the enjoyment of the spec.
Destro: ISF ruins this entire spec for me. If I exclude it from my rotation I enjoy it greatly, but my DPS suffers.

ISF removed from destro tree and buried 6 feet under. Never to be seen again by any spec or class.

Better pet balance and seperation for each spec. (IE: Demo using felguard, because it's the BEST pet for the spec, not because demon soul is best then switching to felhunter.)

A burst ability added to each spec. Destro already possesses conflagrate and shadowburn, but their conditionals(immolate present/<20% health) limit their usefulness. I'd like to see conflagrate's immolate requirement removed and shadowburn be made baseline and usable on targets at any health, but make them share a cooldown so that affliction and demo have access to quick burst without giving destro too much.

Doomguard/Infernal summon cooldown reduced to 5min but applies a Exhaustion like debuff which would allow the use of the spell on every attempt when working on progression content.

Shadow Embrace and Haunt merged into a single debuff to reduce ramp up time. Damage % and base DoT damage balanced accordingly.

I feel that making drain life or drain soul the affliction filler spell would feel better as the supposed masters of drains and DoTs. Failing that I'd like to see affliction's mastery altered to effect all shadow damage to improve it's worth and allow our filler to be stronger.

Searing Pain, Demon Armor, Enslave Demon, Curse of Weakness/Tongues.
87 Human Warlock
HGX
...continued...

As I said earlier, I feel like Affliction would be a little more fun with one more DoT to juggle. I'd also like to see its ramp-up time and reliance on debuffs to do full DoT damage be reduced.

A redesign of Glyph of Soul Swap to make it not-worthless, and either a reduction in reliance on Shadow Embrace and Haunt to do full DoT damage or a way to switch/spread Shadow Embrace and/or Taunt to multiple targets.

It'd be nice if Glyph of Soul Swap let you suck up Shadow Embrace stacks along with DoTs. It'd be really, really fun if you could use your Soul Swap Inhale DoTs to "arm" Soulburn: Seed of Corruption with all of your DoTs instead of just Corruption.

It'd also be nice to have a big-damage burst ability in Affliction. As-is, our only "big numbers" abilities are a Shadow Bolt on a fully-debuffed target and, sub-25%, Drain Soul on a fully-debuffed target. I don't expect it to be efficient or a regular part of my rotation--in fact, it really shouldn't be--but it'd be nice to not have to spec Destro for a chance at ending Rageface's Face Rage ability.

Seeing Glyphed Fear get the same changes all the other CC abilities got would be nice. It feels pretty sub-par, currently.

I kinda wish Demonology had the same stat priority as Affliction and Destruction. I was kinda forced into a Destro offspec for raiding because it can use the gear I already have while Destro would require regemming/re-enchanting/re-reforging to be useful.

I'd also like a demonic flight form or flying demon pony, but that's just me being greedy.

There's plenty of stuff that I don't use in Affliction that I'd use if I were Demonology or Destruction, like Immolation or Hellfire. I don't think you care about that kind of "least-used," though.

I don't use Searing Pain much at all. It's supposed to be a threat-grabbing ability, but I haven't had much need to grab threat this expansion. I also don't use my Voidwalker regularly--it'd be nice if he could actually tank things usefully, but I don't think Blizzard wants that to happen, judging by the reaction to Sartharion being tanked by Voidwalkers in Wrath.

Also on the "Demon" front, I don't think the Succubus is getting much use. With five Warlock pets and three Warlock specs, there's always going to be two pets that get the short shrift, and I'm not complaining that the Succubus is that one currently.

Eye of Kilrogg is about worthless, as are Enslave Demon and Demon Armor.

I find myself not using Death Coil very much, but that may just be a matter of "too much crap on my bars."
90 Gnome Warlock
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
•What makes playing your class more fun?
•What makes playing your class less fun?
•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
•What’s on your wish list for your class?
•What spells do you use the least?

•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, 10 man raids, Questing

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My current biggest quality-of life issues as a warlock are three-fold.
1. My class is heavily dependant on others due to my reliance on Dark Intent. In my opinion there must be some other way to work this spell.
2. My reliance on my pet can sometimes be problematic. For example; pet during Aly raids in FL. As the person responsible for going up to fly my pet is often dismissed due to range issues.
3. Long setup time to get up and going as a dps. If I get a combat rez I not only have to resummon my pet, rebuff myself 3 times but also have to worry about my insufficient mana, requiring almost an immediate lifetap or two before actually getting back into the fight.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
Metamorphosis and the ability to do something unique/interesting not only from all other dps classes but between the warlock spec trees.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
Overly harsh ramp-up times compared to other classes, prep times (buffs, pet, cookies, summons, soulstones), reliance on specific classes/specs for Dark Intent, pet bug pathing (ie magmaw room w/ broken floor) or pet poofing due to range issues (Flying on ALy in FL).

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As a demo warlock I think that the general rotation ismore positive than negative, not perfect (pet twisting is unacceptable imo).

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. Rework of the demo mastery away from an increaing damage scale toward possibly an increaing time scale. This could essentially provide the permanent Meta form many warlocks are asking for yet restrict it to active combat.
2. increase slightly the range which our pets disappear when they are away from us to allow pets to survive while we are flying on ALy. I believe 5-10 yards may be sufficient.
3. Make fel armor/ demon armor passive buffs simular to paladin aura's to allow us a faster, more friendly setup time.
4. Meta form size which scales with your race. Gnomes = smaller demon, Orcs = larger, etc.
5. Fear needs to be reworked to a) make the fear duration last longer in PVE<~(not pvp!), and b) needs to be non-agro like the other CC classes.
6. Rework the way Doomguard/infernal CD works so that I am able to use this ability after a wipe. I would suggest making the CD like timewarp/heroism, etc.
7. The use of Soulfire as a demo warlock. I hate it, its clunky, its not really even a good burn mechanic and would think if you simply modified the Decemation talent to work with shadowbolt/incinerate it would be an awesome mechanic.

•What spells do you use the least?
1. Enslave Demon; this is quite sad because I actually liked snagging demons from PVE zones and using them while questing.
2. Searing Pain
3. Health Funnel (PVE) really? takes more time to heal the pet than it does to just resummon a new one.
4. Drain Life; Since its nerf its quite pathetic and used it once for the legendary quest in the NExus.
5. Howl of Terror (PVE) I may consider using this if it would make mobs run in place but......
6. Summon: VOidwalker, Imp
Edited by Morrick on 9/12/2011 11:33 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock
PvE

Raids. Heroics if I am helping a friends get gear.

N/A

We don't really need shards anymore which I thought was a fun feature.

I love the fact that Afflic is a great spec to raid with again. You have to have a good rotation and timing. I mean its not as strict as it used to be with clipping and what not but at least there is a spec that takes some thought.

Demo its not as viable, its good when you need stuns and burst damage such as the adds on the Rag fight.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like the rotation for affliction its not bad. The rotation for Destro and Demo are both kind of boring theres not as much thought in them as its more proc and CD based.

It would be nice to see the instant spells do more damage. Or at least make FF more viable.
Letting us choose demon names would be sweet. It would add some flavor.
I think it would be cool if we could portal ourselves to the major cities I mean we are summoners of demons we could port through the darkness or something.
If we could get a new demon maybe even if its only non combat. It would be cool to have something, the demon could even be the personal portal he could be summoned to take you and bring you to the other city.

FF
Killrog
85 Worgen Warlock
Side note: I play primarily Destruction

PvE, light dabbles in PvP content

Heroics mostly. Raids when I am able to find a group.

BGs

Soul Shards, with this expansion removing the soul shard from the inventory was a major improvement but I still think like the new soul shard system does not feel .... finished? (elaborate later)

Sometimes I feel like a powerhouse with the large spells. Exhilarating.

I have a mental flowchart that I end up going through which is fine but it hardly varies from that.

(From earlier) Soul Shards needs to be taken advantage of more in my opinion. As it stands now the only use I have for Soul Shards in combat is using it for an instant cast Soul Fire. I would personally like to see some more spells take advantage of Soul Burn for different situations in combat. I.e. - Soul Burn a Conflagrate to burn all the DoTs on a target for massive damage. Or burn a Chaos Bolt (or any other signature ability) do more than just extra dps.

Another thing I would like is a little variety in the pets. Not so much a new pets but make my pet look different. For example I don't feel like a "master warlock" with a puny imp by my side doing about a quarter of my total damage to a target. And on many occasions I wish the Voidwalker looked more like the ones from Hellfire Peninsula (with the armor).
In short I would like to see the ability to reskin pets or (dare I say) some of our pets evolve as we level.

Curse of Weakness - Not useful
Curse of Tongues - (see above)
Fel Fire - Limited usefulness
Enslave Demon - Limited to no use in PvE
Healthstone - Give little health back
Ritual of Summoning - Limited use (Three people to create)
Ritual of Souls - Be honest, everyone forgets about it and doesn't provide that much health
Unending Breathing
Edited by Ruzuka on 9/12/2011 3:30 PM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock
PvE more then PvP, I find that seeing the large numbers are more pleasing and somewhat easier then getting kills in pvp
Raids, I enjoy getting with a group of friends and downing a bunch of bosses, feels good man.
BGs, well its the easiest to get into, since i cant do much else

Control of my Demon, he tends to attack things that i dont want to be attack
I think it would be best if pets didnt have to ability to remove cc such as fear (glyphed)

The last 30% of a boss fight when decimation procs and i can do 1.5sec 30k crits.

Having to maintain dots and other debuffs.

Sucks, tooo slow, and needs an easier trash rotation

Demon unable to break cc, or pets in general.
Demonology tank, let us use leather and make meta permanent and nerf its damages
(compare it to feral druids, how they can either be dps or tank)

Curse Of Weakness-not useful
Curse Of Tongues-" "
Searing Pain- to much threat not enough damage
Drain Mana (i think this was removed though sooo that might explain why i dont use it)
Demon Armor-after felarmor its useless
Health Funnel- pets shouldnt be taking damage anyway
Eye of Kilrogg- dont ever need it
enslave demon- " "
shadow ward- too specific.
shadow flame- to short a range
Edited by Demonicpeon on 9/12/2011 11:31 AM PDT
21 Worgen Warlock
I have one simple request for warlocks
GREEN FIRE GLYPH!!!!!
85 Goblin Warlock
Both.

All.

BG's mostly.

Pet AI while moving around. Having to constantly recall the pet because it does not leash, and the pet's movement simply put is too slow to keep up with the amount of aoe snares and CC going around.

Paladins also have ridiculously strong CC against warlock pets. Banish is too strong against other warlocks as well.

When I'm playing and feel like I have a say in how my character is played.

Spec functionality. As drummed up affliction is for arenas, it is a pretty boring spec. You multidot and CC.

It feels like affliction is too dependent on other classes to put out single target pressure, and because of PvE multi-dotting incentives, affliction is pigeonholed into multi-dotting in PvP as well because its single target burst is nonexistent.

There's no flexibility whatsoever in how I play my warlock in PvP. I go affliction and multi-DoT or I go home.

Luckily that's not the case in PvE, but that's because long casts are not so much an issue in PvE as in PvP, where the power of in-school lockouts and the abundance of them in addition to how they layer with CC like stuns, long casts are not tenable at all in PvP and the main reason why demo and destro are out of service in this xpac. Additionally, long casts are easy to outrange in exchange for the damage return they provide.

In other words, I feel little reward in risking a shadowbolt over shorter cast multi dotting and then spamming fel flame. The punishment for a lockout far outbalances the potential reward of getting the long cast off.

Continued--
Edited by Tinieblas on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
RATED pvp, heroics, occasional pug raid

pet bugs, pet bugs, pet bugs, pet bugs
the play style of pvp affliction, control and were everything down.

What makes playing your class less fun? the reliance on others, single target damage is laughable and bad long term design with soul swap "balancing", that affliction is all shadow and completly reliant on one spell school were even shadow priests can fall back on mind spike.

its not clunky in a pvp aspect, other then shadow embrace should be full with strength with 1 stack
more single target pressure, more reward for chain casting, less talents to negate / break fear

good ways is have haunt put up 3 stacks of shadow embrace, while unlinking sbolt, let immolate and ua be on the same target again which allows affliction to have duel viable spell schools like every other caster; of course making agony not tickle

give locks 5 soul shards and more options, like instant ua soulburn and make demonic rebirth out of the reach of none demo specs.

soul burn in pve
fire spells in general
none felpup pets
90 Worgen Warlock
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

■IIf PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics Raids, Heroics, end game content.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-- Doomguard can only be used once every other fight the reset cd should be shorter so we can have it up for every attempt.

-- Swapping pets in demonlogy to achieve optimal DPS is another one, Felguard should be the choice pet for demo.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

-- The ability to survive longer than any other class in a raid

-- Maniacal cackling

-- Diverse range of utility that we bring to raids for e.g. Rez via soulstone, healthstones, summoning, Dark intent etc.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

-- Very long ramp up times to achieve optimal DPS as compared to other Pure DPS classes, to achieve three shadowembrace stacks aka it takes us a good 5-6 seconds to achieve our full potential.

-- Improved Soulfire , This is a 2.5 second lag spike in a very awesome flowing rotation for very little gain.

-- Revamped Pet control system, does not work very well.

-- Pets still die/despawn due to Room design (Sinestra elevator).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Affliction is smooth flowing its by far one of the better rotations for the class.

Demonlogy : Pet swapping isnt fun its tedious and time consuming, If the felguard should
be the main demon it requires points.

Destruction: Improved Soulfire is a 2.5 second lag spike in the entire rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-- Lack of usage of certain glyphs for e.g.
Destruction: You have to use the IMP glyph it makes the incinerate glyph and the Shadowburn glyph uterly useless.

Demonlogy: Much better balanced though the felguard glyph perhaps needs a buff.

Affliction : What is the purpose of the UA glyph can we perhaps make it so it adds maybe 5% dmg ala Incinerate glyph instead of 0.2 reduction in cast time?

-- Shadow Embrace is best if it was a personal buff instead.

-- Extreme loss in damage due to pet death: Exclusivity that demonlogy has in terms of an insta summon pet upon death should be baseline, perhaps move that talent higher or add it to fel synergy.

-- Improved Soulfire , This is a 2.5 second lag spike in a very awesome flowing rotation for very little gain, its balanced around 15% haste it previously provided.

-- Shadowburn : Would make for an excellent ability if it scaled with our Fire damage (Kind of like shadowflame), the destruction tree is a fire based tree after all.

-- Chaos Bolt: This is the 51 point talent and for the defining talent of the tree its rather limp, In the long run if the ISF effect was added to the chaos bolt it would make the rotation rather fluent again.

-- Soulfire: Blizz this spell has a 4 second base cast time, in a raid it still is about 2.2-2.4 seconds cast, it hits for less than my incinerate which has a 1.2-1.4 raid buffed cast time.

-- Empowered IMP: Proc rate is very low another 2% proc rate would make the talent honestly, coupled with the suggested Soulfire change it would make for a very decent dmg boost to destruction without ruining PVP.

-- Burning Embers: The nerf to Burning embers was extremely hard, for e.g. with the previous formula at 10K spell power it would tick for 5k , atm it ticks 1.2-1.4k perhaps a little boost for something that cannot crit will help destructions output.

-- AOE: Destruction still has extremely weak AOE, perhaps we could have the same effect as affliction where Soul Burn Rain of Fire also applies Immolate to the mobs? you dont have to refund the shard.

-- Bane of Havoc : Is it possible to make this the exclusive bane for destruction? For multi target fights affliction is strong, but for Single target perhaps if we could bane our primary target it would make for a much stronger effect and have better synergy with our fire based tree.

■What spells do you use the least?
Uh define the purpose behind Searing pain, there are hardly any fights left that let us use the spell, Improved Searing pain just clutters up the tree IMO, you could simply replace it with a talent that makes immolate non dispellable.
Edited by Urgfelstorm on 9/12/2011 11:31 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock

Shadow Embrace should be a self-buff so that switching targets isn't so punishing to affliction. It should also include other spells that trigger it because in PvP its upkeep is frustratingly hard to maintain with the amount of CC going out and the considered ramp-up time of getting 3 stacks (best chance to ramp them up through haunt because casting shadowbolt is in most situations not desirable).

Demonology is most plagued by movement because of its long casts. Shadowbolt could use a global .5 sec reduction across all specs in addition to the current talent. It also has too much to keep track of. The priority order can become unforgiving particularly in raids where there's already so much to keep track of and coordinate. Increasing the duration of the molten core buff would be good help.

Destruction's Improved Soul Fire is a mechanic I resent quite a bit. Most classes I've played, like a Death Knight or mage or druid rely less on keeping some buffs up for a large part of their damage on a long cast.

This change further hurt destruction in PvP because hardcasting soul fire through most of a match is untenable.

Cleansing is also a big reason why DoT reliant classes have to play with an affliction warlock. Demonology and Destruction not only have long cast times hindering them on damage output, but also the problem of a big part of their damage, Immolate, being dispelled right away and severely hampering their output at little comparable cost to a healer. It's also why balance druids are only viable in arenas with an affliction lock comp, too big a portion of their damage can be spam dispelled at a greater cost to the offensive DoT class compared to healing.

The current levels of healing also make my class less enjoyable to play. Please consider putting a decreased healing aura and balancing frost death knights and rogues and frost mages as a result.

From the viewpoint of my class, Shadowdance, Frost DK, and Shatter burst is mandatory to put a dent on the healing a apaladin can put out without even needing to cast. Same for every healer but the restoration druid.

Once healing burst is reduced in arenas/battlegrounds, you can change Imbroved Ambush to function like Ravage and Aimed Shot so it only has increased crit chance on targets above 90% so a rogue can't just spam 20k ambush crits on people. It's too much. Frost DK's will need to be altered so their noncrits hit harder but their burst via constant crits is tuned down. Frost mages need a burst reduction but would need a buff to damage against non-frozen targets to be viable.

A PvP game less centered around burst that can currently kill a class in 10 seconds flat by a single player trying to outrace a healing that can reset a bar to full in mere seconds would be a more enjoyable game for my warlock.

You started well with pacing down at the beginning of the expansion, but once again PvE balancing has inflated healing and burst output.

Allowing legendaries and PvE trinkets into PvP has also been a reason for much of unenjoyment among PvP'ers. A player with Dragonwrath will have an immense advantage over a player who worked and earned his top tier arena weapon via arena. Same for trinkets.

Why should PvE gear ever be an option over PvP gear, but sporting PvP gear in PvE is always undesirable? PvP gear should be BiS for PvP. Please disallow trinkets and legendares from PvP formats if you wan for the PvP community to believe that you take them seriously.

Continued--
Edited by Tinieblas on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warlock

PvE

Raids, Heroics, Achievements.

Pet Bugs and micro managing. Spell Book bloat, my action bars are over flowing. Demonology not using Felguard as main pet. Doomguard and Infernal 10m CDs not available for every progression attempt. Demon Soul being spec based instead of pet based. Hellfire shouldn't hurt as a Demonologist. Glyphed Fear pulling aggro and not lasting as long as other CCs.

Demons and Dots.

Spell book bloat. Long ramp up time for affliction. Demonology not using Felguard.

Destro: Soul Fire, nuff said

Demonology: Too many CDs to stack for maximum DPS. Feel like a power house when they are up and weak when they are not. Mis timing these can wreck your DPS. Too much damage reliance on doomguard which can't be used every progression attempt. Doesn't use Felguard as main pet. Also needing to be in melee range for AoE burning, we're a ranged class.

Affliction: Long ramp up time. DoTs don't feel strong because we have to stack so many other debuffs to maximize them. Three stacks of Shadow Embrace, Haunt and Elements for maximum damage. The travel time on Haunt can be problematic some times on fights with a lot of adds or movements. Watching Shadow Embrace fall off makes me want to punch my monitor. Felhunter shouldn't account for so much damage. I also don't like so much damage being tied into an execute phase with drain soul. During progression you don't see that phase very often and it makes you feel weaker compared to others. On top of all this our "DoT Spec" doesn't use more dots then our other specs. Every warlock spec uses 3 dots and filler nukes. I also think Agony should be better for Affliction than Doom, and Doom should be better for Demonology. I only use Agony when I need to multi DoT because Doom can't be applied to multiple targets.

I would like to see more emphasis on DoTs and drains for Affliction and less on hard nukes like Shadow Bolt. I think increasing the cast time on Drain Life and making it our filler while using Shadow Bolt when night fall procs would be fun. Changing to Drain Soul during execute.

I would like to see green fel fire for Immolate, Incinerate and Soul Fire. Its only a cosmetic change and so many warlocks would love this. Cosmetic glyphs maybe?

I would also like to see an improved animation for Fel Flame and Haunt, they are seriously lame as hell. Haunt is not intimidating at all, it looks like you're playing pong with the boss.

I would like to see demons more customizable as well as better models.

I would like to see the soul shard system expanded. Its pretty useless outside of instant pet summons and instant soul fire.

Curse of Weakness

Curse of Tongues

Enslave Demon

Demon Armor

Unending Breath

Shadow Ward

Searing Pain

Howl of Terror, in PvE if I have to use this Im usually going to die or pull too many other mobs by linking.
Edited by Skeeter on 9/12/2011 12:10 PM PDT
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] --- PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] --- Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] --- N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. --- Having an essential dps cooldown being 10 minutes long. Demo isn't even a viable spec every other pull.
Having to stand in melee range as a ranged dps class to maximize my damage, this is doubly true of Demo because of Immolation Aura.
Having next to no burst damage. I realize this isn't our niche and I don't expect it to be, but in any case where burst is needed I just have to throw my arms up in the air and hope to god my raid can handle it without me. The class completely and utterly lacks any kind of burst, Destro can almost manage is but not really.

What makes playing your class more fun? --- In a general sense, warlocks are in a good spot right now, and I appreciate that. We are capable of doing some serious damage if everything comes together.

--- If I need to spec Demo for either the spell power buff or because the fight needs it, my overall damage completely relies on the Doomguard which isn't up every attempt. It's getting old having to explain to my raid was my dps was awful every other attempt.

--- The general rotation is good, but pet swapping is just clunky and unintuitive. Seriously, why is the felguard miles behind the felhunter for dps? That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that his demon soul is vastly superior to the felhunter's, requiring us to switch pets every 2 minutes for maximum dps.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Consistent dps from attempt to attempt.
Maybe a hint of some burst, like an ability that consumes our dots and deals half their damage instantly or something, idk
Demo getting a proper execute. I should be excited when a boss drops under 25%, right now it almost doesn't even matter because Soul Fire is so bad in comparison to our Shadow Bolt.

Eye of Kilrogg
Searing Pain
Voidwalker
Succubus
Enslave Demon
Infernal - there is almost never a time where I would consider Infernal to be a better choice of guardian than Doomguard, he does that much damage.
Edited by Brokrone on 9/12/2011 11:38 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock

Buff the felguard to be on part with at least the felhunter. All you need to do is buff fel strike to the damage levels of a shadowbite with full dots on target, and in return modify fel strike.

Felstrike will now do 5-10% of the single target damage done to other targets. Problem fixed and demo finally can start using the pet that is granted as a keystone ability for the spec rather than a niche pet only to be used for aoe and then switched out for the felhunter. Please allow the felguard to be the demonologist warlock's pet.

Make spell interrupts only lockout the spell that was interrupted, so that there is a choice-making into what you want to delay. Right now there's no decision making to using an interrupt. You use it to shut down for incredible periods of time. This makes rogues and DK's too strong against casters.

Reduce long casts to base 2.0 second casts talented. Spells above that become unusable in PvP due to ease of LoS and interrupts against them.

This is why some specs are also stronger than others. Shadow Priests are doing so well because Mindflay is a spell you can interrupt while channeling and still have managed to put some damage out while cancelled early.

On the other hand, if I have to move immediately due to some raid or PvP demand, that cancelled Shadowbolt cast was a complete waste of time and loss. Maybe you needed that shadowbolt cast to keep the Shadow Embrace stack from renewing, but now it fell off because the cast was too long and you had to move out of some danger. It's why warlocks used Life Drain before you nerfed it.

Buff Chaosbolt. It feels incredibly weak for the end-tier destruction talent.

Life Drain, Chaosbolt, Bane of Agony, Voidwalker and Succubus are spells I prioritize the least.

I don't quite get why Life Drain's damage was nerfed. You said you have a problem with playstyle overlap between shadow and affliction, and yet an elemental shaman plays similarly to a destruction warlock with almost exact triggers.

Life Drain was perfect for Affliction. You could've had the distinction of Life Drain- Affliction, Shadowbolt- Demonology, and Incinerate-Destruction. But now Shadowbolt is the bread and butter nuke of two specs, and a bread and butter nuke that's punishing mobility to boot.

Life Drain has such a great animation, and it is truly a pity that it barely gets used. Maybe for Nightfall and the related Glyph of Corruption, the proc could be instead of an instant Shadowbolt a proc that increases your Life Drain's damage output by double and reduces the cast time by 50%? At least find a way to incorporate the spell into a rotation, because it looks really good to be such a niche spell.

Chaosbolt and Bane of Aginy share the same property -- they're weak spells for the expectations of them. Bane of Agony has a ramp up that still is unimpressive at its later stages, and Chaosbolt is too low an upgrade to Incinerate. Chaosbolt should have more flavor, and perhaps in addition to buffing its damage a bit you could fold in Improved Soul Fire's buff into it.

I would also like for pet damage outside of the felguard, which should be the superior option for demo, to be standardized.

You should bring the pet for the utility you desire out of it. So if the Voidwalker were given an ability to match Shadowbite, and the Succubus's Lash of Pain were put on cd and made to match Shadowbite, alongside the Imp being buffed to be on par with the felhunter, we'd choose pets for their desired utility.

Make the Voidwalker's shield undispellable and castable on teammates. Voila, the Voidwalker becomes a viable pet for anything other than leveling.

It would bring greater options and better decision-making skills by allowing the warlock to truly want to bring the pet that fits his needs without DPS differences always eclipsing any choice out of viability.
Edited by Tinieblas on 9/12/2011 11:40 AM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter

PVE

Raiding / Heroics

N/A

Destro - I find it tedious to have to worry about reapplying dots and hoping my Imp procs ISF, otherwise using Soul Fire on a hardcast is a pain in the butt. Many other classes get their version of dots renewed, why couldn't something like chaos bolt renew immolate's timer? Make it one less thing to worry about? And Soul Fire, why not just make that a CD and an instant cast? And I preferred when Warlocks used to sacrafice their pets, Destro was fun as heck back in BC.

Afflic - It's not bad, however, since the Drain Life change, I find the shadow bolt spamming boring and renewing dots on multiply targets is a pain, why can't Warlocks have the ability to spread their dots sort of like the Death Knights can?

Destro - Hate it! Hate the demon swapping required, just not a fun spec to me at all.

I stopped playing my Warlock as my main raider, it's pretty much been shelved for my Hunter. My Raid Leader sometimes has me bring in my Warlock for alt runs now or to help other groups from time to time, but by and large I hate playing my Warlock now. Something about it is no longer fun, I can't nail it down entirely, but I listed a lot of my complaints above.

Managing so many dots, worrying about reapplying dots so often it feels like that's all you're doing sometimes, watching and praying for procs to keep competitive. Destro feels weak, not very competitive with other specs, needs a lot of work on AOE.

See above.

Soul Fire - Instant cast, 5sec CD (or something)
Easier method to spread dots to other mobs (like DK spell)
Bring sacrafice demon back
Destro Locks should be all about pure damage, not worrying about applying dots, make the dots result of damage (like Fire Mages)
Green (Fel) Fire for all our fire related stuff
Combine Fire/Shadow for Destro as Chaos Bolt or something similar to be our main filler spell (let it apply immolate/corruption) or at least renews both when cast
Demon Lock - make the demon form be like the Shaow Priest, so you can just use it and it turns you into a demon and gives you that buff, perhaps when in that form your main pet despawns (you absorb it's powers depending on the demon pet)

Curse of Weakness
Curse of Tongue
Eye of Kilrog (I use it to mess with raid members when I'm bored)
Rain of Fire (Sadly... just takes too long and faster to go Hellfire)
Succubus/Voidwalker
Searing Pain (Could you just get rid of extra aggro on it and remove the mana, make it like the Fire Mage spell? Maybe to add a buff to Destro damage?)
90 Worgen Warlock
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
5man heroics, Normal 10- and 25-mans.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-Not having my doomguard every pull.
-Having so many bindings, many only used occasionally. I like having many useful abilities, but it could be consolidated.
-Pet bugs.

-Working hard on my rotation, pulling it off perfectly, and being rewarded with high DPS. Feeling like my spec isn't faceroll-easy.
-Having cooldowns that actually feel immediately like they do something SIGNIFICANT to my damage. Watching my Doomguard do 1,000,000+ damage.
-Being a low-pop class (more stuff for me!).
-Soul Link's contribution to survivability.
-Feeling useful. 2+ CCs is powerful. I miss my felhunter's friendly dispels.
-Enslaving cool demons.

-Working hard on my rotation, pulling it off perfectly, and then seeing some other guy in the same gear with a MUCH easier rotation outperform me by large margins.
-When my pet bar disappears. When my pet despawns while flying on Alysrazor. When I'm mounted, and a random mob aggros me, so I keep running, but my pet slows down and despawns.
-Watching my Doomguard do nothing for a few seconds if I summon a new pet while he's out.
-Poor-looking tier sets (T11-T13).
-Having my "best pet" change so frequently.
-So few uses for soul shards.
-Fear as a PVE CC. Short duration, aggros everyone, must be glyphed, and short range. Takes a lot of babysitting compared to other CCs.
-Glyphs that need to be baked in (shadow bolt, shadowflame). Minor Glyphs are boring.
-Soul Swap.
-When mobs move out of the Hand of Gul'dan effect.
-Gearing around the hit cap.
-Needing so many mods. I need to mod my warlock way more than my alts.
-Dark Intent. Boring, feels punishing in solo or with certain groups, and extends my prep time.
-Manually applying CoElements, even though everyone else that has it can do it passively.
-Warlocks' LONG PREP TIME! Having people click to make a Soul Well.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Demo:
-I LOVE demo. It has its clunkiness (hard summoning in combat), but the spec is VERY rewarding when played properly. Proper usage of cooldowns has a huge, tangible effect. I love watching my damage skyrocket when I do it right.
-Rumor has it by the next tier it won't even be worth casting Soulfire, because it scales so poorly. My execute feels so minor, and it may even be a loss to use it depending on how close Metamorphosis is to coming up.

Afflic:
-I used to love affliction, but it's only interesting on cleave fights. Afflic's rotation has been continually neutered.
-I am always busy, which I like in a rotation, but it feels like each individual spell is a very minor contribution. The nukes are small and unimpressive, dots and pets are fire-and-forget, and the cooldowns just don't feel as powerful as Demo's.
-Shadow Embrace is un-fun.
-Soul Swap is not fun to glyph, spec, or use.
-Drain Life and Drain Soul are fun. There is something that is satisfying about a rotation where the cast bar fills up and drains down. Shadowbolt filler is not fun, and feels like a clunky solution to a spec that should be about drains and dots and debuffs.

Destro:
-I never really liked destro. That's just a personal thing.
-Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire just don't feel like they contribute anything, even though they do. They're just another button to press when a buff is about to fall, or the timer comes up.
-Hardcasting Soulfire sucks.
-Its execute feels like a waste of space.

-Having my Doomguard/Infernal up every pull.
-For Demo's cooldowns to continue to have a large, tangible impact. The draw of demo is in its rewarding use of cooldowns. I press a button, and I feel like something REALLY SIGNIFICANT happens! I am afraid the performance of Doomguard and Metamorphosis will be nerfed, and their nerfs won't be compensated for, driving Demo back into the one-per-raid status it had back in WOTLK.
-To feel like an individual class, not a cross between a mage and a shadow priest with pets.
-For Soul Shards to be exciting.
-Customizable demons! I want a Wrathguard (they are so cool)!
-I want my voidwalker to be a good tank again. I want an AOE tank. I miss being able to pull out my VW and save the raid.

-Wand, Searing Pain, Enslave demon (I wish enslave had more uses), demonic empowerment, off-spec nukes and AOEs. CoWeakness, CoTongues.
-Eye of Kilrogg, Unending breath. I like having fun and sometimes-useful buttons like Eye of Kilrogg and Unending Breath. I don't have to bind them, and I have them in case I want to mess around! I miss detect invisibility. I'm afraid to lose more of our "fun" buttons.
Edited by Naerina on 9/12/2011 11:33 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]