What book(s) are you currently reading?

90 Human Mage
Another one. I'm interested, always looking for new things. Go!

For me:

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
    A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King
    The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham

1984 after I clear one or two of these out.
Reply Quote
84 Dwarf Paladin
I just finished "The Saint" omnibus of Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett, comprising the novels: Honor Guard, The Guns of Tanith, Straight Silver, and Sabbat Martyr.

I'm currently on the hunt for something new.
Edited by Rimebeard on 9/15/2011 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just finished THRALL: Twilight of the Aspects. Such a great story and Thrall is such an epic character. The way the authors and blizz have put so much into who he is and what he's done. Such an inspiring role-model for lore geeks and anyone else lol. I actually rolled this Orc after reading Chronicles of War and The Shattering in honor of Durotan and Thrall. Apparently 100 other people had the same idea. Oh well, no OG points but still has personal sentiment. :-D

Currently reading Day of the Dragon. I have lot's of lore to catch up on lol.
Reply Quote
In between various plays, journals, articles, and chapters from books for my classes...

I've been reading stuff from Necromonicon: The Best Weird Tales of H.P. Lovecraft. Going to start either Game of Thrones or another read through of the Wheel of Time series as soon as I finish Lovecraft.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn.

Working around to American Assassin--whenever it hits paperback.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Mile 81 by Stephen King, Chariots of the Gods my Erich Von Daniken for my daily dose of conspiracy theory laughs and a y.a. novel called Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
As I said in the other thread, I'm re-reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood, and will next read The Year of the Flood.

After that I hope to have a copy of Native Tongue by Suzette Haden Elgin to read, but if not, I may actually start these George R. R. Martin books I see folks raving about :D; my husband didn't care for them that much it seems, but he and I have slightly divergent tastes, and he still has the books. (He was going to give them away, but our laziness means we still have them...which is now a good thing!)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm going through the Death Gate Cycle by Weis and Hickman. Just finished book three, and the series is great so far!
Reply Quote
working my way back through Song of Ice and Fire...again. god I love those books.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I recently finished Lord of the Flies and I found it to be quite weird. The current one I'm on is The Catcher in the Rye. I never learned these in school so why not read em anyway? I'm game for classics.
Reply Quote
37 Night Elf Rogue
Catch-22, which might just be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Brave New World, and 1984 right after I'm done.

A Game of Thrones. I'm one of the ones who jumped in on the bandwagon with the TV show, but I've known about the series for a long time. The show set off the lightbulb that said "Maybe I should go read these books instead of sit on my unmentionables until April for the next season to start."

American Gods. Funny, then sad, then just weird, then sad again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Death's Acre. I live so close to the body farm, it's interesting to learn how it started.

Long term I'm still working through Divine Comedy, a compilation of Hans Christian Anderson, The Book of Five Rings, and the Holy Bible.
Edited by Snozberries on 9/30/2011 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Another one. I'm interested, always looking for new things. Go!

For me:

A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin

I just finished the entire series for the third time a month ago, very well written with great plot lines, love them all.

Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn.

Good book, Vince is a good action writer :)

Personally im re-reading Old Man's War series(Just re-read Armor and The Forever War) and after i may re-read the entire Ender saga and Shadow off set series too if im still in the mood for that.

My fiance bought me the new WoW book but because im in Aus im not allowed to have it so i have to wait 3 months till im back in USA to read it >.>
Edited by Eskarktos on 10/2/2011 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Grabbing Dawkins' The Magic of Reality tomorrow. Promises to be a good read.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Gloriana's Torch by Patricia Finney - 3rd part of her Elizabethan hissy-fic series and the armada is finally coming.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
read blood meridian by cormac mccarthy
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
The Cal Leandros books by Rob Thurman for the 2nd time.
<3
Get them if you love supernatural books!
Reply Quote
The Critique of Practical Reason by Immanuel Kant
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Order of Things: An Archaeology of the Human Sciences by Michel Foucault
Oliver Twist by Charles %@%@ens

:3 I loves me some school books.

For some reason it censored his last name... I dunno why lol
Edited by Bertränd on 10/6/2011 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You will probably notice a theme here:

Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth
Drawing the Human Head by Burne Hogarth
Drawing Dynamic Hands by Burne Hogarth
Dynamic Figure Drawing by Burne Hogarth
Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery by Burne Hogarth
Dynamic Light and Shadow by Burne Hogarth
The Artist's Complete Guide to Facial Expression by Gary Faigin

As you can see im a wannabe artist and id recommend these books to anyone else wanting to learn to draw the human figure without a model.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 10/8/2011 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just finished World of Warcraft: Stormrage, by Richard Knaak, which wasn't as bad as I expected.

Now I'm returning to reading The Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan, which will take forever. Currently, I'm in the middle of the 4th novel, The Shadow Rising.

I also plan to read Warcraft: War of the Ancients trilogy by Richard Knaak afterwards or at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]