Unable to switch between characters

(Locked)

87 Blood Elf Mage
09/15/2011 08:12 AMPosted by Shadowlass
I am a Project Leader in development, and the first thing i think was, blizzard need beta testers for the website. And more Quality Control

1. Beta testing does not find all problems, so it is possible for this to happen even if the page is beta tested.
2. Issue is not happening to all players. Random problems are harder to troubleshoot. It can also mean that it's not happening to the ones trying to correct the problem, so it's harder to tell if they got it fixed.
3. No obvious common features visable. It's happening to PCs and MACs. XP, Vista and Windows 7. IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera.

Edit: forgot to add Opera to the list
Edited by Tandrasong on 9/15/2011 8:30 AM PDT
11 Orc Rogue
09/15/2011 07:53 AMPosted by Dilvish
I'm tired of no response too, but 3 days? The problem started after they brought the website back up yesterday morning. It's just started the 2nd day!

The problem started for me Monday afternoon.
11 Orc Rogue
1. Beta testing does not find all problems, so it is possible for this to happen even if the page is beta tested.

I've always said that my best beta testers come out to play when I send "trouble free" code live. However, this isn't a small issue that should easily fall through the cracks. Combine this with the issue they had a month or so ago where online AH users couldn't type numbers into the AH fields, and it points more to shoddy testing than it does to something slipping through the cracks.

2. Issue is not happening to all players. Random problems are harder to troubleshoot. It can also mean that it's not happening to the ones trying to correct the problem, so it's harder to tell if they got it fixed.

How do you know it is not happening to all players? I have yet to see anyone post that it is working fine for them. It's true that lack of evidence does not prove something as true, but take a look at the tech support forums. Many of the threads about people having issues will also contain posts from people stating that they are not having the issue.

3. No obvious common features visable. It's happening to PCs and MACs. XP, Vista and Windows 7. IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera.

Edit: forgot to add Opera to the list

That tells me it is not a browser issue and that the problem lives on the server side.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the poor customer support. The only thing we've heard from Blizz on the matter is from a blue in a different forum who claims that the web people are aware of it. Things break, we get it, but keep your paying customers in the loop.
Edited by Banktoots on 9/15/2011 8:42 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue
I dont see the utility to pay for the Remote AH if u cant use it.

I am a Project Leader in development, and the first thing i think was, blizzard need beta testers for the website. And more Quality Control

And if they do have any QA...they need to be demoted
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/15/2011 08:38 AMPosted by Banktoots
How do you know it is not happening to all players?

If it were happening to all players, there would be more threads/posts on the issue, especially with the class threads happening at the moment. Blue posters in the other threads have not mentioned it is happening to them.

09/15/2011 08:38 AMPosted by Banktoots
keep your paying customers in the loop.

There is nothing to report, they reported nothing.

4 Tauren Paladin
Same here - tried different browsers and differenct computers on different networks and different ISPs.
11 Orc Rogue
09/15/2011 08:59 AMPosted by Tandrasong
How do you know it is not happening to all players?

If it were happening to all players, there would be more threads/posts on the issue, especially with the class threads happening at the moment. Blue posters in the other threads have not mentioned it is happening to them.

So it's a volume thing? How many posts do we need to see to conclude that it is happening to everyone? Using your logic, the fact that we (or I at least) have seen ZERO posts from people who say it is working fine for them says that it is not working for anyone.

09/15/2011 08:59 AMPosted by Tandrasong
keep your paying customers in the loop.

There is nothing to report

Nothing? No problems then?

they reported nothing.

My point exactly. A simple, "we're aware of the problem and are working on it" would go a long way. All we have now is hearsay from another department. When I have a database issue, I don't want to hear from the warehouse that the DBA's are aware of the problem.
85 Goblin Hunter
Well I've been stuck at various toons over the last few days as well. I finally found out how to get around it today. I don't know if this will for everyone but I am able to select the very last toon in the long list of all of my toons when you click on "manage characters". It sucks cause I have a lot of toons but I was able to get to all of my alts and main toons today and use the auction house successfully on about 6 toons today by doing that. Takes awhile cause I have several lowbies and trash toons but eventually they all make it to the last item in the list and I can hit em.
85 Worgen Rogue
Nope not working Crit....it wouldn't let me change at all....I can't even sign in using IE.....I am using firefox right now which I prefer to use over IE but even my IE won't allow me to sign in to even try to change toons there.
87 Blood Elf Mage
09/15/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Banktoots
"we're aware of the problem and are working on it"

from the Customer Service Forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3182508790#3

This seems to be solely web-based (the phone app doesn't appear to be doing this), and it has been passed along to our web team a bit earlier today.

Unfortunately, I don't have any further word at this time - but they are aware of the issue.

Thank you very much for the report.

82 Gnome Rogue
Day 2, paid remote membership and unable to use it :(
85 Draenei Mage
I'm having the same problem just wanted to get on to my horde paladin so I could check my auctions.
85 Tauren Warrior
I was randomly logged into my warrior alt and i wanted to do some stuff on my main but i can't either.

I tried logging out, about 5 times >.<
I tried using IE instead of Chrome, nothing
I tried logging out then closing WoW.com then re-opening and re-logging, nothing.
I even tried restarting my internet connection, nothing.

So here i stay.

Please help us Blizz!!!!!
Community Manager
Help is on the way. We're aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix. No ETA but it's a high priority bug.
87 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for the update Bashiok
32 Human Priest
It works for me now.
I was the tauren paladin who posted on the first page. The issue resolved itself for me later that day, but just now I've become stuck on this character :(
85 Worgen Mage
Same -- Firefox Mac.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This started happening to me, too, after I logged in via the diablo 3 site.
90 Human Warlock
Ouch.
I was just now able to change to this toon.
Now I'm not able to change again.
So close and still not there.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]