A call to get Gilneas back.

90 Human Death Knight
09/17/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Dawnsrequiem
But you want some paragraphs of how to fix the worgen and Gilneas? I can give paragraphs....

Mostly about Gilneas really, the restoration of Gilneas would have the after effect of restoring the Worgen's identity.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
All right, ask and ye shall recieve:

I'll start with Gilneas and then the next post will be all about the worgen.

Let's start by defining the terms and go from there. Define Gilneas. What is it? What kind of kingdom? How was it affected by the worgen and by the Northgate Rebellion. What is Gilneas's role in the Alliance? How would restoring Gilneas streagthen the Alliance and the worgen?

Based upon what little we know about Gilneas, it was a country that was defined by it's leader, Genn Greymane. A more highly industrilizaed society than any other human kingdom at the time. Despite this advantage, it was never given freely to the rest of the Alliance during the First and Second Wars. After the Greymane Wall was built, the kingdom ran on it's own for decades. No more trading, and no more sharing outside it's walls.

Now what we see in Gilneas of WoW seems to be in stark contrast to that. While Gilneas survived, it would appear that it's industrial base did not. We don't see factories, or smoke stacks or anything else similar. While Gilneas homes and cities bear a more modern resemblance to a Victorian England, the rest of what made Gilneas unique among the human kingdoms has disappeared without explanation. Perhaps the Northgate Rebellion and the worgen invasion did more to destroy this aspect of Gilnean life?

Bring back that industrial edge of Gilneas. Right now there is nothing that seperates Gilneas from any other human kingdom.

So what is the role of Gilneas in the Alliance? Right now, there isn't any. But if we look closer, we might find out the real reason behind the restoration of Gilneas...

The restoration of Lordaeron.

Varian, during Wrath, made it very clear that what the Forsaken had done with Lordaeron was unthinkable. During the Horde quests in Gilneas we find out that the 7th Legion has two missions in Gilneas, one to take the kingdom back and two, to establish a foothold in Lordaeron in order to take the kingdom back for the Alliance.

So why is this held from the Alliance players? While the normal Alliance player, outside of the worgen, wouldn't care much about taking back Gilneas, why not add to it, the idea of restoring Lordaeron? A larger goal in the war and one that the Alliance can rally around.

So what more can we do with Gilneas?

Why not make it a daily hub? Expand it so both sides don't have to experience the story just through a battleground. Use phasing with Gilneas City, even tie Gilneas in with Tol Borad if you have to.

Give us reasons to be there, give us reasons why we have an entire zone that is completely empty and serves no purpose at all in game. Explain why the Alliance holds onto it, yet doesn't bother to tell anyone that it does.

If the problem is worgen player leveling, there is a very elegant solution:

Expand Gilneas from a 1-13 zone into a proper 1-20 zone. Make Tol Borad part of the leveling process.

For example: After leaving Gilneas, the players get shipwrecked on Told Borad and get to see the Horde's invasion firsthand and fight it off before continuing on to Darnassus. Some of the mysteries and purposes behind why exactly the Alliance should even care about TB would be explained. The Horde seek to use it as a base against Gilneas, and the players want to prevent that and use it as their own base.

Main thing is to tie Gilneas into the overall war effort. Varian wants Gilneas in order to establish his foothold into liberating Lordaeron from the Horde, Greymane wants Gilneas back because it's his home. Use that in game to tell the playerbase why we are fighting for Gilneas and why it matters to them.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I typed this earlier, but forgot to click submit. I'm clicking it now! Apologies to my fellow corpse above this post for intercutting between her mention of Gilneas-ism and Worgenism.

I don't think there's a problem with it. If anything it gives the Alliance a faster way to get to the minigame in Hillsbrad as well.

Was it not one of the reasons that they don't let people go there, though? Proximity to Silverpine and possible Alliance interference in low level zones? More of a PvP server concern, I suppose, but still...

Depends on how nameless they would be exactly. For instance I don't consider a character like, say, Tobias Mistmantle to be nameless. Nor do I consider other important characters that played a very integral part in defending Gilneas during the Worgen incursion and then later the Forsaken invasion to be nameless either. Much like how the goblins got to meet up with all their old companions that helped them through Kezan to Lost Isle and now you meet them in Orgrimmar and Azshara, by comparison the Worgen only meet a fraction of that many characters and I feel that's wasteful because they had so much... well, character to them.

By nameless I meant "Gilnean Citizen" and the lot. You see Bilgewater Foremen, dock workers and such... just nameless folk. They can be grouped with the named people, but would be in equal numbers.

In my mindset, the Howling Oak strikes me as a temporary refugee district. In all honesty this has been said before, but the Howling Oak is simply unrepresentative of the identity of the Gilneans and if anything I still have that feeling that it's just a placeholder area until something better comes along for the Worgen. If it does become empty then I think that's fine, but I wouldn't mind that it still housed certain feral worgen that still needed to go through with the ritual in case they never could in Gilneas.

Well I believe I read that Worgen prefer that sort of living to buildings. I had read as such from people discussing that element from Wolfheart (which I am only 50 pages in at the moment and have yet to verify). Ferals would likely be inclined to stay in areas like the Blackwald or Northgate Woods... which I admit would be interesting since the latter was Crowley's land prior.
Celestine is too busy in Hyjal.

She was just an example. Several NPCs in Stormwind have been given Gilnean voices. Would they go back to Gilneas or would they stay? Celestine's also a trainer in Stormwind, hence my inquiry. Would she be moved? Tobias is another... he's operating in Duskwood.

Sure, why not.

Gilnean #1: "This land is for Gilneans. I am a Gilnean! Step forward brothers and raise your voices in declaration!"
Worgen: "I am a Gilnean. I was a good and noble merchant from Duskhaven!"
Gilnean #2: "That mangy animal also was a feral beast that killed my livestock AND my @#$%ing family!"
Gilnean #1: "Man does have a point... you are a bloodthirsty, savage killing machine that even now after your ritual is dangerous and feral minded deep down."
Worgen: "Uhhh....."

I don't know about both factions, perhaps I would be okay with it if the Alliance had a sizeable portion of Gilneas whereas the Horde were more situated in the outskirts planning assaults. As for the Wintergrasp/Tol Barad idea, I am completely unsupportive of anything of the sort simply because both Wintergrasp and Tol Barad have been known to fail by design concept.

I can see your idea, but division would be nearly impossible. What land would what faction get? Would the Forsaken take the northern woods up to Keel Harbor with the Worgen taking the south? Would the humans operate out of... Greymane manor? Tempest's Reach? Would each group get a base and the rest of the area be contested ala Tol Barad? Logistics are a pain to even think about.

This is indeed and interesting thought and I commend you for bringing this up. I personally feel that some tension would moreso arise from priorities in what the Alliance needs, I would like to personally see Genn opt to gain Gilneas back and wager that it would be a brilliant move to do so. Some disagreements could be made as the Alliance is pressured in many different strategic points, which would fire Genn up to support it even stronger. Between Darius and Genn, they have mended their broken bridges so I don't see too much conflict arising from them which I think I'm pretty fine with because these have to work together. If it's portrayed as anything like it was in the Gilneas starting area though, I would like that too.

They were friends and he let them out of prison, true, but after the sacrifice of Crowley and his men we have to think about what we did not see. We never saw any real forgiveness, just introspection on how the Worgen wouldn't have stood a chance. Was all bad blood just discarded and they're friends again? That just sounds unlikely to me. Perhaps I'm underestimating the two's friendship, but one trying to take over a kingdom that the other owned is a pretty hard to forgive act IMHO.

Well surely there's lots of different ideas that we could culminate for this. Perhaps the Gilneans have more than just guns, steel, claws, and teeth to fight back against the Forsaken? Perhaps they found a much more rallying leader to help them against Sylvanas and her ilk? Perhaps... quite frankly, they're simply fed up with losing the kingdom they once loved and now are fighting back much harder with increased strength and furor. Who really knows... I personally think something different could be made.

I had meant gameplay. This comes off as you just saying morale is higher or they have a bit more backing. How can we make gameplay of taking back the city in a manner that is original when it was technically already done in the starting zone. You list motivations, I speak of in-game elements.

I would hope so.

That unfortunately leads to a return of "what would the Horde get?" query. You start with reclaiming Gilneas (an epic feat there), then you force the enemy out (more epicness) and you end with rebuilding the Greymane Wall, securing the safety of the kingdom and practically getting your happily ever after. That is A LOT. Not sure what the Horde could get to equal that either.

I believe they would also get an epic quest chain in helping the Goblins gain Kezan back. Why do I think Kezan isn't completely lost? Well I think Thrall would have say in its restoration given that the Goblins saved him from capture and I'm sure the jolly green guy wouldn't have a problem in repaying them by restoring their home.

You must also remember that while Goblins have lost a lot, it hasn't harmed their identity quite nearly as badly as the Worgen. They still have a massive presence and a very vibrant questing experience due to many zones having Goblin settlements that they can easily identify with given Kezan's close relations with other cartels.

They couldn't get Kezan back in that sense. Kezan is a massive island and we only saw one big city. It can return, sure, but odds are it will be accompanied by the rest of the island... say in the future expansion where the Goblin capital of Undermine is included. They could look at the Lost Isles, but that also just recently erupted and is a mess. The only reason they'd go back there is for the Kaja'mite.

Identity I can't really argue. Goblins seem to have a large and very similar identity between cartels. Worgen... have a lot of different identities and factions within. You have Scythe worgen who came from the elves, you have royalists, rebels, feral Gilneans, Pyrewood worgen, Northrend worgen, feral Duskwood citizens, tamed versions the two former... and you have the ones integrating into Night Elf society. It is difficult for Blizzard to properly utilize all of those varying identities. Is it safe to say the Worgen are losing identity without Gilneas? Sort of. They have places like Surwich that carry the architectural identity and such, but I can admit they have lost elements of their culture in integrating into Kaldorei culture.

He very much has, if you've read Wolfheart he and Varian are pretty much broski's now and Genn has learned much from his past mistakes after the death of his son. He is pretty much a humbled man whom I believe will stick around with the Alliance given that they've helped him even when they've seen the worst of him.

Well... they haven't really seen the worst of him. Varian's heard a bit of it, but everyone who knew the pain in the rear Genn is either dead or missing.

For this I am unsure, as I believe that Gallywix is not in a very good position of power given his traitorous ways and being at the mercy of the Goblin players. Perhaps if Thrall or even Garrosh wills it, he will listen and also wish for Kezan to return.

Gallywix at the mercy of the Goblin players? I don't see that. He owns the Bilgewater Battalion, pretty much controls Azshara, wears a tophat and is fat (which automatically gives him a great deal of power), lives on a mountaintop which can only be accessed by flyer and has it filled with mooks, etc. The guy is practically untouchable and if you choose to bother him again, he'll shove you in his Scorpid pit. At Garrosh's mercy, I'd be more inclined to agree with, but Garrosh doesn't seem to mind him as it is the Bilgewater goblins that are building his war machine.

Questions answered, hope I remained nicely consistent and well thought out for you good chum.

*loads his rifle*

Mangy dog thinks he can speak to me as such... best teach the bugger a lesson.

FOR THE TRUE PEOPLE OF GILNEAS! THE DEAD ONES!!!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Well, I see a problem in the Worgen taking back Gilneas.

The problem is: "The Northern Eastern Kingdons belong to the Forsaken". Or at least they (the Forsaken) think it should.

Many Forsaken fans/rp'ers would be mad at Blizzard, including me, but that's not the only problem. Gilneas is too near to The Undercity. Alliance could use the zone as a mean of ganking lowbie Forsaken leveling thru Silverpine or invading the Undead Capital.

But you got a point- Gilneas was beatifully designed. They shouldn't fosaken it, if you pardon the pun, like that.

What about making it into some kind of a new Haalaa?

You know, Worgen have seen no love this expansion. Pvp have seen no love this expansion. Why not shown both Worgens Fans and PVP'ers some love by making Gilneas is some kind of Haalaa, but with lot's of daily quest's etc. I even had an idea sometime ago, and started posting a "guide of how to make gilneas a pvp zone" in it, but due to the lack of posters the thread died.

You can find it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2926854022

I was posting at my hunter at that moment, and if you people revive the thread I'd happilly continue to post and edit it, so we could finish this and get Blizzard attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well I typed a wordy post and it disappeared into the Void so here's me retyping it, sorry for the wait. =(

09/17/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Dithavus
Was it not one of the reasons that they don't let people go there, though? Proximity to Silverpine and possible Alliance interference in low level zones? More of a PvP server concern, I suppose, but still...

This brings me back to the days of World PvP back during Vanilla WoW and I think lots of PvPers actually miss that aspect of the game due to it's overall feeling and atmosphere. So I think for PvP servers it wouldn't be that much of an issue and Silverpine isn't contested territory anyway. As for PvE servers well people shouldn't flag themselves.

By nameless I meant "Gilnean Citizen" and the lot. You see Bilgewater Foremen, dock workers and such... just nameless folk. They can be grouped with the named people, but would be in equal numbers.

Ah, my misunderstanding. Apologies.

I had meant gameplay. This comes off as you just saying morale is higher or they have a bit more backing. How can we make gameplay of taking back the city in a manner that is original when it was technically already done in the starting zone. You list motivations, I speak of in-game elements.

I think a good introduction to some of the characters we never got to see as Alliance would be great utilization. More elites and more epic fights between characters, perhaps a showdown between Belmont and Ivar or something along the lines. We could also have Worgen Commandos going up against Dark Rangers and such as well as having Deathstalkers facing Worgen Rebel soldiers. I would say instead of having the Rally! buff we would simply have auras from Ivar and Crowley akin to how the Battle for Undercity worked. (Or something a bit less spicy if it's too epic)

That unfortunately leads to a return of "what would the Horde get?" query. You start with reclaiming Gilneas (an epic feat there), then you force the enemy out (more epicness) and you end with rebuilding the Greymane Wall, securing the safety of the kingdom and practically getting your happily ever after. That is A LOT. Not sure what the Horde could get to equal that either.

Well the Goblins did gain back an excellent home and zone in Azshara which they integrate extremely well in and actually feel apart of the world again. I would like to see a return to Kezan as well anyways because I really do feel for the little green guys and I would definitely vouch for it in some manner if it can achieve balance.

Overall though, I do believe this expansion has been treated pretty well for Goblins. They're in a much finer spot that Worgen and actually have a meaningful place in their respective faction.

They couldn't get Kezan back in that sense. Kezan is a massive island and we only saw one big city. It can return, sure, but odds are it will be accompanied by the rest of the island... say in the future expansion where the Goblin capital of Undermine is included. They could look at the Lost Isles, but that also just recently erupted and is a mess. The only reason they'd go back there is for the Kaja'mite.

I'm unsure, Thrall has been sized up to be an incredibly powerful shaman after his latest novel and I think that since he's growing further in power I wouldn't put disbelief on him restoring Kezan back to its former glory.

Identity I can't really argue. Goblins seem to have a large and very similar identity between cartels. Worgen... have a lot of different identities and factions within. You have Scythe worgen who came from the elves, you have royalists, rebels, feral Gilneans, Pyrewood worgen, Northrend worgen, feral Duskwood citizens, tamed versions the two former... and you have the ones integrating into Night Elf society. It is difficult for Blizzard to properly utilize all of those varying identities. Is it safe to say the Worgen are losing identity without Gilneas? Sort of. They have places like Surwich that carry the architectural identity and such, but I can admit they have lost elements of their culture in integrating into Kaldorei culture.

I would say the best course of action would be to characterize their Gilnean Worgen side the most, as it is the side that the player Worgen mainly are. I say this because it would help the player sympathize more with the Gilnean Worgen as they are quite possibly the most defining identity of the Worgen culture. It's also quite possibly the most unique aspect because it doesn't borrow too much from other races such as Night Elves.

Gallywix at the mercy of the Goblin players? I don't see that. He owns the Bilgewater Battalion, pretty much controls Azshara, wears a tophat and is fat (which automatically gives him a great deal of power), lives on a mountaintop which can only be accessed by flyer and has it filled with mooks, etc. The guy is practically untouchable and if you choose to bother him again, he'll shove you in his Scorpid pit. At Garrosh's mercy, I'd be more inclined to agree with, but Garrosh doesn't seem to mind him as it is the Bilgewater goblins that are building his war machine.

Well I suppose that's a misstep on my part, it was more of Gallywix being at the mercy of both the player and Thrall. Still though I don't find Gallywix to be a complete tyrant, and I'm sure with enough convincing the chubster would take interest in Kezan if it meant more profit again. Perhaps with Thrall's intervention it could be further achievable as well.

*loads his rifle*

Mangy dog thinks he can speak to me as such... best teach the bugger a lesson.

FOR THE TRUE PEOPLE OF GILNEAS! THE DEAD ONES!!!

I am simply deader and far more Gilnean than you can handle. *moonwalks*
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/17/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Nuzak
You know, Worgen have seen no love this expansion. Pvp have seen no love this expansion. Why not shown both Worgens Fans and PVP'ers some love by making Gilneas is some kind of Haalaa, but with lot's of daily quest's etc. I even had an idea sometime ago, and started posting a "guide of how to make gilneas a pvp zone" in it, but due to the lack of posters the thread died

I like PvP but I really don't want it because it wouldn't be a good story advancement for the kingdom, it would live in endless PvP limbo with neither side making a rightful claim to it and I think that would do it a great disservice given how integral it is to the Worgen's identity.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/17/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Preaplanes
It isn't. Even discounting the idea that they're dead and dead people can't own land, they still only own the plaguelands, Tirisfal, and the northern half of Silverpine. That's it. Southern Silverpine and Gilneas belongs to Gilneas. Hillsbrad and Arathi belongs to Stromgarde. The Hinterlands belongs to the Wildhammer Clan. The Ghostlands, the Isle of Quel'danas, and Eversong belong to the Blood Elves. That little corner over there probably belongs to the High Elves, but that's pure speculation. The fact is, the Forsaken do not have claim to that. They have no refuge but refuge in audacity.

Wow....calm down dude. I don't want to transform this in another flame war. We have had enough of this in the last....248712748148912 threads.

While I'm a Forsaken supporter, I'm not telling that the whole Northern Eastern Kingdons belong to the Forsaken, I'm just pointing out that they (and their most biased fans) think it does. While Lordaeron (and maybe Arathi and Alterac) belong to the Forsaken, they have no legal claim to the rest of the world, in the same way that Varian don't have any claim to Lordaeron.

Let them be mad, it's like demanding that the Alliance loses the battles and being mad that it doesn't. If that would piss you off, then if you were an Alliance player, you'd REALLY be pissed off at the current state of affairs, and frankly I don't care about your opinion if you're truly that biased.

Well, firstly, I'm not biased. Again, I don't want to transform this thread in a flame war.

Anyway, I'm not telling the Alliance should lose the battles, I'm telling to transform Gilneas into a PVP zone for both factions.

And I really don't know why Alliance people are complaining that much. You lose Andorhal, yes, but that's due to the bad administration of resources and troop's that Varian is doing. He is battling the Horde in 5 different battlefront's right now. And the Horde army is bigger.
Anyway, you get to win at Swamp of Sorrows and there are a lot of Alliance in the Horde starting zones, threatining the Horde, while I don't really see any Horde attacking Alliance at their starter zones, Gilneas is an exception to this rule.

And the Forsaken would be that much closer to an Alliance capital, too. See how that works? And seriously, I have my mage's hearthstone set for Chillwind as we speak, and with Every Man for Himself, we can fly there at 451% normal run speed, and I could summon an entire raid directly to Undercity. This is a nonissue.

It turns out that the Alliance would have 5 capitals and the Horde would have only 4. Unless we get Echo Isles to be transformed into a real city or Kezan to be retaken that should be unfair.

And well, a mage could just open a portal to Gilneas, get his entire raid ported there, go into the Undercity, kill Sylvanas, get the Porter, kill Lor'themar, go thru the porter and then get the Zeppeling, kill Garrosh and Vol'jin, and then get the Zeppelin and kill Baine.

The Horde would be able to kill Genn or Crowley easier in Gilneas, that's right, but then they would have no way to go to the other cities from there, not to mention that many Alliance players would go to the city and then fly into Southshore and camp Horde there.

It's a horrible horrible idea since you don't see people doing Haalaa and people don't even care about Wintergrasp anymore and the content would be outdated in one expansion and it would be a big middle finger to alliance players since one of their races' homelands is being used as a freakin' pvp ground and no progress could be made on that battle since it would then be in eternal pvp limbo?

People did Haalaa and Wintergrasp during TBC and Wrath. Now it's, as you said Outdated.

But that doesn't mean that the place would just become a forsaken, please pardon the pun again, pvp zone. If you have read the thread I linked here there would be a lot of story progression to it, and while I didn't finish it due to the thread being "buried" the Worgen would see many things there and the Forsaken too. It's just better than letting it to rot or making it into a city that will be as empty as Silvermoon or The Exodar.

Why don't we just make the Echo Isles a two faction daily quest hub while we're at it?

Because if we made Gilneas into a PVP zone Horde and Alliance would still be even. (Horde would get Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Echo Isles, Undercity and Silvermoon, while the Alliance would have "The upper part of Gnomeregan", Ironforge, Darnassus, The Exodar and Stormwind).

Then if we made The Echo Isles into a PVP zone, they wouldn't be even. Anyway, there's not enuff PVP lore background there to make it into a PVP zone anyway.

There's another thought: Gilneas would get constantly updated in every patch, so PVP get's new content, just like PVE. What I mean is that the story would go on, until people get bored with it, and then Blizzard could create other PVP zones such as this one. Cause let's face it, Wintergrasp and Tol Barad sucks- Gilneas pwn.
Edited by Nuzak on 9/17/2011 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Where have I said that I wanted Gilneas to be a capital city? I don't, I want it to be a big hub akin to how Bilgewater is for the Goblins. I personally feel that it should be treated much like that.

And to the whole "Well it means the Alliance gets to Horde leaders faster and easier oh noes!" well I did have the idea of having a ship that would sail from Gilneas to Stormwind that Horde could possibly take advantage of if you so desire such balance to be orchestrated.

And the Gilneans do have a right to Gilneas as well as the southern portion of Silverpine, Greymane's leader story states as such so therefore they have as much right to claim that sliver of territory as the Forsaken do.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/17/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Grimtale
Where have I said that I wanted Gilneas to be a capital city? I don't, I want it to be a big hub akin to how Bilgewater is for the Goblins. I personally feel that it should be treated much like that.

Well, this would be okay, but I'd prefer to have it transformed into a big PVP zone.
Anyway, I know that Worgens have the right to have something as cool as bilgewater harbor, so I was thinking, if Gilneas ever become a PVP zone like I want to, the Worgen would get Tal'doren and Stormglen, and they would be designed to be as big as Bilgewater Harbor.
While the Horde players would have only small basecamps around all the place.

Then, in the future (possibly in some South Seas expansion) we would have the same to happen with the "remains of" Kezan. Like I said, Worgen need love, PVP needs love. Why don't we do like Godfrey and kill two birds with a single stone?

And to the whole "Well it means the Alliance gets to Horde leaders faster and easier oh noes!" well I did have the idea of having a ship that would sail from Gilneas to Stormwind that Horde could possibly take advantage of if you so desire such balance to be orchestrated.

Well, this would be okay.

And the Gilneans do have a right to Gilneas as well as the southern portion of Silverpine, Greymane's leader story states as such so therefore they have as much right to claim that sliver of territory as the Forsaken do.

Lorewise they do have a claim to that lands. Anyway, they locked it out of their walls and abandoned the villagers to their own luck...
So, now the Forsaken from Silverpine have as much right to be in the area as they do, but according to the game it's Horde territory. I do not want to transform this into a lore discussion so let's keep this simple:
Alliance could use the place to reach Silverpine and Hillsbrad and camp lower levels.
And there's no way that the Alliance get quest's in Hillsbrad or Southern Silverpine because then the game would become unbalanced. Unless the Horde get's something in trade too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/17/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Nuzak
Many Forsaken fans/rp'ers would be mad at Blizzard, including me, but that's not the only problem. Gilneas is too near to The Undercity. Alliance could use the zone as a mean of ganking lowbie Forsaken leveling thru Silverpine or invading the Undead Capital.

That's such a preposterously sad reason to use against giving Gilneas back.

09/18/2011 06:28 AMPosted by Nuzak
Alliance could use the place to reach Silverpine and Hillsbrad and camp lower levels.

You're right. That's almost like adding a taxi service that takes you to any part of the world, or some sort of flying mount system that allows you to fly to low-level zones at your whim.

Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
Gilneas will prevail.

Anyway, I can see this (the retaking of Gilneas) happening in 4.4 :D
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
The one thing you all have to remember is "game mechanics". There are plenty of things the devs wished they could do with this game but just can't without making things uneven.
Edited by Heracolm on 9/18/2011 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/18/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Macaoidh
That's such a preposterously sad reason to use against giving Gilneas back.

This entire thread is preposterous to begin with. Do you not think that with such similar cases as Echo Isles and Gnomergan (which should give you an idea about how much you can actually hope for) that Blizzard hasn't already decided what will be done with Gilneas?

Having Gilneas become an Alliance controlled zone is laughably absurd. Let alone a capital city, (once again, the gnomes and trolls "Took back" their homes as much as they ever will and they didn't get a capital city out of it). The closeness to the Undercity IS a legitimate concern. It would be as if the Horde took over half of, and then built a capital city, in Redridge.

The most you could reasonably hope for is a return their to continue the conflict. Mind you, its already technically in a state of perpetual conflict. It hasn't even been a YEAR and people already want major overhauls to the updated zones to wrap up the stories that for an MMO, will never truly be resolved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/18/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Heracolm
The one thing you all have to remember is "game mechanics". There are plenty of things the devs wished they could do with this game but just can't without making things uneven.

I don't think game mechanics are an issue.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Death Knight
Oh? see how close that city is to UC. Come one you know some "macho man" from a pvp server with this lvl capped toon will waltz right into from Gilneas to silverpine an mash everyone in view or vice versa for the horde players, unless they introduce phasing into the area in some way it's just not gonna happen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]