A call to get Gilneas back.

88 Dwarf Hunter
09/24/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Dawnsrequiem
Take of those two statements as you will. But I found them to be very interesting. Gilneans and worgen are now seen as two completely different cultures and people. You are a worgen, not a Gilnean worgen. What it also could mean is that if Gilneas is taken back, then only the human Gilneans will repopulate it while the worgen, since the night elves do not see them as Gilnean, will live with them in forests of Darnassus.

Your posts are from pages back, but I feel like I need to comment on them. I, personally, disagree with the entire notion because what you're suggestion would effectively make them Wolf Elves, and would be an easy cop-out for any Worgen to have a lasting impact in politics because NATURE! And not to mention what you're suggesting and the book itself is in direct conflict with what we're presented in-game.

For an example, almost all of the Worgen quest-givers in EK and Kalimdor have acted far more civilized and human-like than what is presented in the book. In fact, it seems that the majority of Worgen still consider themselves Gilnean, and expressively wish for their homeland back. If what Wolfheart was presenting was correct, then the Gilnean Liberation Front headed by Crowley would have little to no meaning at all.

Secondly, if the Worgen would have preferred to stay on Kalimdor, then that leaves the human side of Gilneas with little royalty to lead them, aside from the few uninfected nobles and Tess and Mia Greymane, as both Genn and Crowley are Worgen. Again, this would only mean that the Worgens effectively become Wolf Elves and emulate druidic night elven culture (which has been a scourge on the creative lore front for night elf lore for a while), while a human-only Gilneas would just become a generic human kingdom with a Victorian flair.

In other words, I highly dislike the presentation of Worgen in Wolfheart, and going in that direction would, I feel, kill any uniqueness to the Worgen and in Gilneas in general. I want snobbish, civilized werewolves that rip their enemies to shreds and make dry, sarcastic remarks about their predicament afterwards. I do not want Wolf Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Gilneas and the Worgen are going to recive the same treatment the Gnomerang and the Gnomes did.

"Sorry your city is an instance therefore all of your story will be stagnant until Warcrft 4 or WoW 2".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
that just sucks.............i feel sorry for whoever designed that zone because it is just incredible

Blizzard just had to turnit into a BG

The nightelf on the boat at the end of the Worgen zone says that they will return, Genn swears on Liam's grave that he will return
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Warrior
Gilneas and the Worgen are going to recive the same treatment the Gnomerang and the Gnomes did.

"Sorry your city is an instance therefore all of your story will be stagnant until Warcrft 4 or WoW 2".

Which is why we might as well have fun with what we have if Blizzard doesn't care enough to resolve it effectively.
Reply Quote
81 Worgen Warrior
The nightelf on the boat at the end of the Worgen zone says that they will return, Genn swears on Liam's grave that he will return

We already showed that Blizzard has an inability to keep about 90% of the oaths their character's make.

Tirion Fordring, for one. Why he's refusing to fight an enemy that has a State Religion that practically lives to destroy the Light and the Church is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
In other words, I highly dislike the presentation of Worgen in Wolfheart, and going in that direction would, I feel, kill any uniqueness to the Worgen and in Gilneas in general. I want snobbish, civilized werewolves that rip their enemies to shreds and make dry, sarcastic remarks about their predicament afterwards. I do not want Wolf Elves.

I really agree with your sentiments, that's Knaak for you though. He doesn't really play much Warcraft and requires a Lore dev to tell him the entire gist of a particular race. Meanwhile you have authors like Christie Golden, who actually plays Warcraft and RP's in it, and also knows a lot about the different stories in the game.

Knaak tends to make up crap on the fly, Christie Golden actually takes something and makes it interesting. (Even if it's unnecessary, such is the case with Anduin.)

12/25/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Highhunter
Blizzard just had to turnit into a BG

Actually, I'm afraid Gilneas suffers a worse fate than that. (And you would know it if you were a Rogue with a spare 10k gold and a raiding guild for friends.)
Edited by Donahue on 12/25/2011 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They should totally make Gilneas a real time city! As opposed to the phased area it is now. I think it would open up some awesome world pvp opportunities again, as the conflict between the Undercity and Gilneas city fueled.

td;lr: I support this thread.
Edited by Iamdan on 12/25/2011 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Rogue
Well, I speaking as a true Gilnean. I love all of the quests in Gilneas, I like all of their people, And for me it was very sad we had to leave. But what I do when i am feeling homsick from Gilneas I travel to Western Plague lands and stealth across some Ogres and Undead. But what I do i just travel over there. Besides you ALWAYS have your hearthstone. But I do understand the desire to stay with your people(thats who you came to be with!) and I personally think Blizzard goofed up making the Worgen go to Darnassus. So I hear you Brother. I hear you............
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Rogue
But then again, Cataclysm ruined a lot.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Rogue
And when I think of Gilneas, I get really emotional about it............. I mean I litterally turn on" With these hands" by Tom Jones and look at pictures of Gilneas....and sometimes I even......cry.....O_O
Edited by Arathanus on 5/10/2013 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
they should do something with it at least.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Also, am I the only one that remembers that Gilneas was supposed to be a city for Alliance and Blizzard screwed us at the last second?

Gilneas city was supposed to be a BG but due to lag (screwing up E-sports) they scrapped it. I thought that was the "plan" for the city.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]