Some Fenris Questions.

85 Human Warrior
I've been deciding wether or not to switch to Fenris, as i want a realm with mainly east coast players. IS this true about Fenris? Also, is Fenris a good PvE server? People who don't know what they're talking about please don't respond. I want people who are currently at Fenris to respond.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Shaman
If you're looking for PvE progression (by that I mean seeing hard modes of the current tier, downing the final boss of a tier) Fenris is not the place to go. There are only a handful of guilds that down that many bosses, and you can just forget about pugging it.
But there are plenty of good fun-to-play-with players, if you're happy with running lots of 5 man heroics and doing the first half of raids.
I was on Fenris for years and left a few months back over the lack of progression (you'll find this to be a common story)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
same issue, go to alterac mountans, good progression and people with decent world pvp as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Well it depends what you were hoping to get out of coming to Fenris. There are some ok raiding guilds, but there are limited options available. Also, if you are someone who believes 10mans suck than you further limit your options to Reborn and Edeas Orphans. There is a progression thread on these forums that will show you what guilds are where and what size they raid at, at least the ones that cared to post. For the ones that didn't there is WoWprogress.

Fenris' time is EST, so I'll assume the server is east coast. With that said I'd say a lot of people that play on Fenris are east coast too.

If you're just looking for a server with a lot of options to you and high activity I'd suggest Illidan or Mal'ganis for pvp realms as they've consistently been high ranked realms for progression. If you're looking pve, Proudmoore is a possible choice.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Don't come unless you're a masochist
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Don't switch unless you want to feel hated for no reason.
:)
Fenris is sour with trolls, it seems.
Edited by Kitti on 9/19/2011 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Trade chat is awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
It is what it is. Fenris has trolls and genuinely nice players. We have guilds that raid Heroic Mode and those who don't finish a raid until the next tier drops. From everyone saying not to come here, it's really just another realm. If you're looking to move to a "cutting edge" progression type server, Fenris isn't for you. If you're looking for a place where being a good raider and good person will have you standing out in a small community, Fenris may be up your alley.

-Volstadd
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Fenris is....like an adolescent child high on candy.
Reply Quote
61 Troll Warrior
At fenris? Try on Fenris newb.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What puppylust said is very true for our realm tho
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/18/2011 03:42 PMPosted by Ubogin
If you're just looking for a server with a lot of options to you and high activity I'd suggest Illidan or Mal'ganis for pvp realms as they've consistently been high ranked realms for progression. If you're looking pve, Proudmoore is a possible choice.

just to counter this, if you want trade chat to scroll so fast you cant read it and que times to log into the server, then by all means go to illidan.

if you want a server thats laid back with no stress to grind hard modes for 16 hours a week, come to fenris.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/18/2011 03:42 PMPosted by Ubogin

just to counter this, if you want trade chat to scroll so fast you cant read it and que times to log into the server, then by all means go to illidan.

if you want a server thats laid back with no stress to grind hard modes for 16 hours a week, come to fenris.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
By laid back, no stress you mean there is no alternative available to you so all you can do is sit in org and rot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
To answer your former question, yes, most guilds here keep an EST schedule of 8-12EST for raids. There are some late-night guilds that have west coasters, but the bulk of the raiding guilds will have EST times.

As to the raiding scene, I won't beat a dead horse. Fenris is near the bottom of the list of servers as far as progression. Been that way since about mid-LK. That doesn't mean we don't have good people and good guilds, but if you're looking for bleeding edge progression, it's not here.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
09/18/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Floozy
Don't come unless you're a masochist

^ pretty much this.

also I <3 Floozy
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
how is the fenris population doing as of late?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Theres some good people here, just nobody super hard core. Fenris is much the same as it has been the last few tiers. Theres a couple 10man guilds doing some hardmodes. A lot of their players are old 25man raiders thatre still around. 25mans are currently non existent. The pvp community is slim, but theres a couple decent ones here and there on both sides. The players are generally nice to deal with and it can be pretty entertaining at times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]