I hate Kill Healer Addon

(Locked)

85 Human Priest
Dear Bliz....

Please kill this addon before it kills the game for me.

Disc
90 Blood Elf Priest
Problem is that the player using it might as well be looking at the combat log, and when he sees the healer cast one of his heals, just type /target (name of the caster) and it does the exact same thing.
85 Worgen Priest
09/16/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Clothar
Problem is that the player using it might as well be looking at the combat log, and when he sees the healer cast one of his heals, just type /target (name of the caster) and it does the exact same thing.

Oh right, that's such a trivial thing to do in a battleground during intense combat.
1 Human Rogue
Is it hard to identify a healer visually, or am I missing something?

un-shadowy priest..... check

Druid with no form..... check

Pally casting anything.... check

About the only "tricky" one is a shaman, for about 2-3 seconds until you see heal being cast.
Edited by Cryblood on 9/16/2011 5:53 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/16/2011 05:43 PMPosted by Sinter

Oh right, that's such a trivial thing to do in a battleground during intense combat.

Priests who aren't purple are healers, also if you see a beam of light emanating out of someone (seriously now) it's a healer
Druids who are in caster form are probably healers, especially if they have more than ~19k mana
Paladins with more than ~24k mana are healers
Shamans with water shield are probably healers

Also the people casting healing spells are usually healers. That we have to run around with arrows over our heads just to get *some people* to realize we're healers is kind of sad. Suddenly having the truly lazy/idiotic on you isn't fun.
90 Troll Priest
I hate people that makes these threads, which increases awareness of the Addon and thus the number of people using it. Good job!
70 Tauren Priest
09/16/2011 05:43 PMPosted by Sinter

The problem is that this is exactly how most PvE addons that Blizzard has allowed to exist also function. A tank isn't going to tab target through a pull of 5-10 mobs and make sure that each one is specifically targeting him when he can get an addon like Tidy Plates: Threat Plates that turns an enemy's nameplate a different color if you lose aggro.
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/16/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Brutaur

The problem is that this is exactly how most PvE addons that Blizzard has allowed to exist also function. A tank isn't going to tab target through a pull of 5-10 mobs and make sure that each one is specifically targeting him when he can get an addon like Tidy Plates: Threat Plates that turns an enemy's nameplate a different color if you lose aggro.

PVE addons don't make the game less fun for other players though (well not in general anyway).
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't play ranked, but I do run normal BGs and to my knowledge I thought the whole point was to run around with a big arrow over your head screaming "Attack me attack me!". I can make a whole WSG follow me around while our flag carrier walks by just because I'm not purple. Every rogue in 100 miles is drawn to me like bees to honey though they're harder to tank. It's still fun though!

Can't stand being cced at all that takes the fun out of it :(
100 Human Paladin

About the only "tricky" one is a shaman, for about 2-3 seconds until you see heal being cast.

1. Most casters look similar, even share the same gear.
2. Because Druids look different from others how?
3. You can see that Pally in a crowd of 100 people, or while hiding behind objects, like walls? The addon can pick then out instantly, pretty sure you can't unless you are able to read the combat log as it scrolls be with thousands of lines of text a minute. So speed reading 10,000 words a minute while being able to locate and target said name instantly, is not in any way automating the game of targeting healers first.

Wait, if you can so readily find healers, just because of looks, it wouldn't be an issue if Blizzard banned this addon? It is so easy that this addon isn't needed, then why defend it? Ban it or are you one of those people that only complains about game balance when you side is the one being outnumbered?

get a nameplate addon.

I use tidy plates: threat plates for tanking and even in pvp it gives me easily clickable health plates that show the class of the person (and a cast bar). My setup also lists buffs/debuffs fairly easy to read on my targets.

I'll agree that decent pvp'ers don't need the addon. Click the white priest icon and he's not in shadowform? Healer. Click the orange druid icon and he has a mana bar above 25k and isn't a chicken? Healer. Shaman with a mana bar and water shield? Healer. Paladin with any sort of mana at all? Healer, period.

HHTD helps people that suck at pvp focus a healer... and at this point a bad player couldn't kill them anyway. A GOOD pvp'er doesn't, and has never, really needed it.
1 Human Rogue

1. Most casters look similar, even share the same gear.
2. Because Druids look different from others how?
3. You can see that Pally in a crowd of 100 people, or while hiding behind objects, like walls? The addon can pick then out instantly, pretty sure you can't unless you are able to read the combat log as it scrolls be with thousands of lines of text a minute. So speed reading 10,000 words a minute while being able to locate and target said name instantly, is not in any way automating the game of targeting healers first.

Wait, if you can so readily find healers, just because of looks, it wouldn't be an issue if Blizzard banned this addon? It is so easy that this addon isn't needed, then why defend it? Ban it or are you one of those people that only complains about game balance when you side is the one being outnumbered?

I could care less about this addon. I jsut found it funny that people would think anyone but a beginner would need it. It's not like you are able to even see what addons people use like that, so it makes it even more funny some tiny random addon gets blamed as the source of them being targeted first.

A basic nameplate like tidyplates is better than that addon.... You have to be reaaaallly bad to not immediately see healers in a bg with any sort of nameplate addon.

And for the recond, yes I can easily tell a disc priest, druid and pally just from the graphic, you do realize every class has signature auras/pets/armor.. right? You would have to be blind except when stacked. And that's where nameplates help.

inb4 you going on about mythical crowds of 100 in anything but the joke that is TB
85 Dwarf Paladin
09/16/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Cryblood

Nope. If they have water shield up they're resto. If they have Earth shield up, either they're resto or the shaman standing next to them is resto.

I think the only thing the addon REALLY does, is remind people to focus on the healers first rather than the mindless running around doing 800,000 dmg on one toon and wondering why they're still jumping around. /golfclap
Edited by Aphec on 9/17/2011 12:23 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman

I go into BGs with lightning shield on, just so I have 5 extra seconds at the start of the match that I am not tunneled.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Get rid of this add on please!
90 Night Elf Priest
Look I'm not crazy about it either but to get rid of it you're not considering they would have to pretty much get rid of any nameplate addon in the process.
Goodbye tidyplates and easy tanking with it with change in size and coloring with threat. Goodbye displaying debuffs on the namplates directly (easy aoe dotting up of crowds of adds). Also showing of combo points.
Goodbye showing casting bars on the nameplates, showing class icons, showing cooldowns (icicle anyone?). Not to mention those nice bonuses like sct that works off of 3d or any other mod that relies on attaching things to nameplates as the only way to affect 3D.
You just don't know really what you're asking for....
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG

The way you describe it means that the addon is useless. Apparently a lot of people use it and therefore it definately confers a big benefit.

Like someone else said, its NOT easy to spot a healer among many other players or who is semi hiding behind trees, buildings etc.

Now that this addon is popular I am generally attacked A LOT faster than I was when this addon was not around. And today its SO EASY to shut down a healer in BGs that its not even funny. Once you are spoted by a player with half a brain, its all over.
Edited by Atheon on 9/17/2011 6:02 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin

The way you describe it means that the addon is useless. Apparently a lot of people use it and therefore it definately confers a big benefit.

Like someone else said, its NOT easy to spot a healer among many other players or who is semi hiding behind trees, buildings etc.

Now that this addon is popular I am generally attacked A LOT faster than I was when this addon was not around. And today its SO EASY to shut down a healer in BGs that its not even funny. Once you are spoted by a player with half a brain, its all over.

This is the truth. Sadly.

I can run out in a pack of 10 and be behind every body, all the opposing players run past them and kill me. And for the longest time I wondered WTF! why go past all those others and go for me without me casting the first spell?

Then I learned about this add on, and it makes me sad.
85 Tauren Druid
As a healer, you already be used to being focused all the time. How do you know that the people who /target you are using this addon and not just using their brain? Even people who keyboard turn can find a healer.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]