I hate Kill Healer Addon

(Locked)

85 Gnome Priest
If you need this addon for any reason...you are a retard.

/thread
85 Undead Death Knight
Best Addon ever thanks for the heads up. lol
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't play ranked, but I do run normal BGs and to my knowledge I thought the whole point was to run around with a big arrow over your head screaming "Attack me attack me!". I can make a whole WSG follow me around while our flag carrier walks by just because I'm not purple. Every rogue in 100 miles is drawn to me like bees to honey though they're harder to tank. It's still fun though!

Can't stand being cced at all that takes the fun out of it :(

Yeah, seriously, I thought PvP tanking was my job.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Look at their mana bar.

End of story.

For shamans you will know if they are ele if they have the elemental oath buff. You can do that in a split second before combat begins.

Derp

Not all PvP takes place in Arena.
100 Undead Priest
TSP
09/16/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Vear
I hate people that makes these threads, which increases awareness of the Addon and thus the number of people using it. Good job!

I think it is important to have this discussion, though.

In my opinion, PvP healing in 4.x is more frustrating than it has ever been. Part of this is because anti-caster mechanics are now so prevalent and so numerous that against good opponents it often seems like you spend more time with no control of your healer than you spend actually controlling your healer.

Another part of the increased frustration is melee dps which has such high up-time against casters without melee escapes that, at least for priests, one warrior can completely shut down his ability to use -any- cast time spells.

Importantly, another source of frustration is add-ons. It happens so commonly that I am silenced just before my Weakened Soul debuff expires that I -know- that there -must- be an add-on monitoring my Weakened Soul and alerting an opponent that he should silence me.

Is this a skillful execution of a PvP playstyle? Is this fair? If this kind of information ought to be freely available to be used in PvP, then why not just make it part of the Blizzard UI so that all players have access to it?

When add-ons assume the role of partly or largely playing the game for someone in PvP by reminding them when it is important to use a palette of important abilities against an opponent, is that really compatible with Blizzard's goals for the game?

I think it is important to at least have this discussion because these types of add-ons have a profound impact on how players experience the game.
85 Troll Druid
Bump so more people can get this addon.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/17/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Sanctimonius
I hate people that makes these threads, which increases awareness of the Addon and thus the number of people using it. Good job!

In my opinion, PvP healing in 4.x is more frustrating than it has ever been. Part of this is because anti-caster mechanics are now so prevalent and so numerous that against good opponents it often seems like you spend more time with no control of your healer than you spend actually controlling your healer.

Another part of the increased frustration is melee dps which has such high up-time against casters without melee escapes that, at least for priests, one warrior can completely shut down his ability to use -any- cast time spells.

Importantly, another source of frustration is add-ons. It happens so commonly that I am silenced just before my Weakened Soul debuff expires that I -know- that there -must- be an add-on monitoring my Weakened Soul and alerting an opponent that he should silence me.

Is this a skillful execution of a PvP playstyle? Is this fair? If this kind of information ought to be freely available to be used in PvP, then why not just make it part of the Blizzard UI so that all players have access to it?

When add-ons assume the role of partly or largely playing the game for someone in PvP by reminding them when it is important to use a palette of important abilities against an opponent, is that really compatible with Blizzard's goals for the game?

I think it is important to at least have this discussion because these types of add-ons have a profound impact on how players experience the game.

Warriors for you, Rogues for me. I spend most of my fights CC'd, locked out. BLizzard and their damn "WE WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE AN INTERRUPT OF SOME KIND!" effed pvp up to the point healers dont have much of a chance.

This add on is retarded as well. Enough that it makes me think about quitting. It is taking the fun out of bg's when a huge group of opposing players will literally RUN past all the other players and straight to me. This add on is the cause of it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG

I completely agree with this.

The anti caster abilities are out of control right now, and PvPing as a healer is NOT FUN AT ALL. Rarely do I get the chance to enter a BG without at least 2 semi-competent players on the other side who laser focus on me as soon as i cast a single heal and then shut me down with all their interupts like 70% of the gametime.

I feel like i have little control of my healer. I understand that healers are a little bit OP because they can heal up players in almost no time, but being shut down for most of the BG and speding most of your time traveling between the GYs is NOT FUN.

Edit: I like the idea from SWTOR of CC immunity (once you get CCed, you cant get CCed again for a certain amount of time). I dont see why Blizzard cannot use the same idea.
Edited by Atheon on 9/18/2011 6:46 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Get this addon and bring it hordies.

/gauntlet thrown
86 Human Paladin
I don't have an issue with it. Heck, I use it while healing myself. I only have about a thousand things to keep track of as a bg healer, when I see that arrow close by I tell others about it and toss out a hammer of justice.
85 Human Priest
Goods will focus you without this addon. Bads *might* focus you using this, but won't be able to kill you. Carry on.
85 Tauren Paladin
Honestly this addon does not bother me one bit. I have been focusing healers (when I was a dps) for as long as I can remember. I guess I can see how the cross on the healers head makes it easier to spot them, but even still its not hard to spot that paladin in the back casting divine light, or flash of light. The healers tend to be back behind the people they are currently healing, so if you attack someone notice their health regaining, look behind them, and BOOM, theres your target.

I for one support this addon, and see nothing wrong with it.
10 Human Paladin
1. Most casters look similar, even share the same gear.
2. Because Druids look different from others how?
3. You can see that Pally in a crowd of 100 people, or while hiding behind objects, like walls?

1. It's not hard to figure out. What colour do his hands flash? If you're not already watching for this, you weren't very good.
2. This is PvP. Try learning to recognize the PvP sets. Also, again, hands.
3. Hiding behind objects, no. But know the BGs. There's only so many objects you can hide behind that aren't LoS. Keep your eyes open.

And really, if you see a Night Elf in a dress, jumping around and not shooting at you, what do you think he is? Hint: It's not a Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Feral, or a Mage of some sort. Blood Elf with a shield, and he's not running at you flailing like an idiot? This isn't complicated.
89 Troll Priest
09/17/2011 04:39 AMPosted by Hothsalar
I go into BGs with lightning shield on, just so I have 5 extra seconds at the start of the match that I am not tunneled.

lol.
89 Troll Priest
Wouldn't worry too much about the addon.
From what I've noticed (on the horde side, anyways), my teammates barely FF's the opposing faction's healer..
>:T

100 Blood Elf Priest
Warriors for you, Rogues for me. I spend most of my fights CC'd, locked out. BLizzard and their damn "WE WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE AN INTERRUPT OF SOME KIND!" effed pvp up to the point healers dont have much of a chance.

This add on is retarded as well. Enough that it makes me think about quitting. It is taking the fun out of bg's when a huge group of opposing players will literally RUN past all the other players and straight to me. This add on is the cause of it.

If they'd just take the gdmfing interrupts out, I wouldn't mind tanking. Healer = pvp tank. That's how it's always going to be in any sort of even semi-coordinated pvp environment, and the addon just makes it happen faster.

I don't mind having a 40 yard AoE pvp taunt...I just want them to make it so that once I'm tanking, I can actually use my abilities. Blizz knows - and has stated explicitly - that the thing players like least is losing control of our characters. But not having control of one's character is the thing that most characterizes healer PvP...even if you can manage not to be interrupted/stunned/snared/CCd, you can only manage it by running around like an idiot casting only dispellable instant spells, being so ineffective that you might as well be feared.
Edited by Kaels on 9/19/2011 5:20 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
My two main 85s are both healers only and I love this addon. Having the big + over enemy healer name plates is nice and all, but i definitely like it because in a BG i can see where my fellow team healers are in the midst of a massive battle instead of having to remember their names and exact positions in a battle. just my opinion tho
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]