tier 13 cannot be purchased with valor points

85 Troll Druid
I think it is a very good move, hopefully they keep it this way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Agreed, but sadly the PUG raid system will probably be so easy that we'll be seeing T13 all over everybody anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I would say it's a bad move but it's looking like all the other gear will be good enough to be used in T-13 raids so there really isn't a need for VP gear.

If that is not true however then it will be a bad idea because VP gear is also used by raiders with bad RNG luck still gear up reasonably fast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TBT
I would imagine they will go ahead and have the difficulty start reduced to similar levels as the nerfed firelands are going to be on tuesday, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What will be the point of running heroics after you out gear them?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Question now is... what will Valor give now? Wands, relics, offhands and jewelry? Wrists, Boots, Cloaks? Off-tier that doesn't look like tier? Tickets to Thrall and Jaina, Part 3: Return of Sylvanas?

...I'll take the third one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you! No more raid rewards from 5m content.

(I'm not a snowflake, I don't care if the 5m players have my gear. I just don't want to run their content for my tier of gear.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/19/2011 06:06 AMPosted by Jaedeth
I think it is a very good move, hopefully they keep it this way.

I actually like it that way better because it gates the gear, where as when tokens drop you can go ok the tank bonuses this patch are awesome so here you go mr. tank 4/5 t13 on release day enjoy the rest of the patch!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you! No more raid rewards from 5m content.

(I'm not a snowflake, I don't care if the 5m players have my gear. I just don't want to run their content for my tier of gear.)

with "their" being italisized (its morning and i cant spell) you make it seem like we have some sort of disease.

i actually havent bothered t ocap VP for the last couple weeks as it would just be replaced with 4.3 VP gear, but if this is the case then i guess i need to cap it more often
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
What I don't get is why there are no valor weapons.

With pvp gear you have to grind the honour for the season before you buy anything, so why not valor PVE weapons with the same restrictions? (e.g can't buy one till you have gotten maybe 4000 valor and then you still have to get the valor pts for the weapons.

That way you still earn the weapons, and have to do the heroics to get them.
Edited by Ghundrith on 9/19/2011 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/19/2011 06:07 AMPosted by Snarebusta
Looking forward to raiding for my gear instead of grinding trolls.

No need to grind them. They are all here! :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Finally, I hope it stay like this. I am one of those people that want head and shoulder but can't raid people. With this system, I won't be missing any pieces of set anymore cause I won't even have one piece.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]