tier 13 cannot be purchased with valor points

Looking at the same old bickering...this issue has been completely solved in TOR and everyone in beta Raider and Non-raider alike is happy with it, and here we have the same old cesspool because Blizzard answer to end game is Raid or do without. It's sad to see this game kill itself because the devs are stuck in the 2005 end game model

In TOR only people who really want to raid do so, The raids are tough and the integrity of that is preserved. There is an entire separate Non Grinding story based Chapterbook system for non-raiders that gives Wicked looking slightly less powerful gear. The cool table has been abolished and everyone can enjoy the game on their terms. Why can't Blizzard with all their supposed innovation and financial backing do the same thing? Why this broken band-aide that no one really wants?

who is forcing you to raid? Oh look the 5 man will give new cool looking set for plate, cloth, leather and mail that is only slighty less powerful than tier gear.

If you want end game if you want any type gear that looks decent if you want to progress you Raid or grind five mans and daily's which isn't an end game... well not after experiencing what TOR (and to a less extent GW2) is offering. People who play MMO's want a viable end game silly... But sarcastic one liners is really the only thing the hardcore Hipsters have left.
Edited by Jadden on 9/19/2011 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Draenei Shaman
Not a bad idea. Now that LFR is introduced, everyone can get raid gear by raiding :) No more schedule issues or difficult content issues.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
My alts cry, my main is happy.

So long as I can get off-set chest/legs/gloves with VP still I'm more than okay with this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I bet money there will be a tier obtainment system that will coincide with the launch of the Looking for Raid tool. Calm the hell down, everyone. You'd rather just keep grinding heroics for tier?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So what are we gona use to purchase it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I thought I posted this earlier, but I cant see the post so I'll say it again. I like this direction, and Im saying that in a non sarcastic way. Right now I pretty much progress gear wise as far as its worth it (ie valor points are a joke at their drop rate so I don't fool with them) in a months time. Thats been leaving me 2 months at least between each patch to pay $15 a month for a game Im essentially doing the Ironforge crack jump...ie go back and forth over the pit waiting to see if anything of interest comes along. If this is the new wave of the future it pretty much says, 1 month paid subscription, 2 months cancellation, 1 month paid, 2 months cancellation. By my estimates I'll be saving about 100 bucks a year by only subscribing during the time the game will serve any purpose for me since I don't raid. I've seen a few other non mmo games I'd love to buy for the computer but didnt want to purchase due to money but now, this will free me up to have a bit more gaming flexibility. I'm honestly happy about this move.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/19/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Sjæl
Not a bad idea. Now that LFR is introduced, everyone can get raid gear by raiding :) No more schedule issues or difficult content issues.

You're not going to be able to get normal raid mode gear with LFR. I don't know if LFR is going to drop tier tokens that are an ilvl specific to LFR, but if not, you're going to have to get your token pieces via normal and heroic raids.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 02:23 PMPosted by Atheria
I thought I posted this earlier, but I cant see the post so I'll say it again. I like this direction, and Im saying that in a non sarcastic way. Right now I pretty much progress gear wise as far as its worth it (ie valor points are a joke at their drop rate so I don't fool with them) in a months time. Thats been leaving me 2 months at least between each patch to pay $15 a month for a game Im essentially doing the Ironforge crack jump...ie go back and forth over the pit waiting to see if anything of interest comes along. If this is the new wave of the future it pretty much says, 1 month paid subscription, 2 months cancellation, 1 month paid, 2 months cancellation. By my estimates I'll be saving about 100 bucks a year by only subscribing during the time the game will serve any purpose for me since I don't raid. I've seen a few other non mmo games I'd love to buy for the computer but didnt want to purchase due to money but now, this will free me up to have a bit more gaming flexibility. I'm honestly happy about this move.

Good point ...no I think what we are seeing is the pre cursor to F2P, because Blizzard Knows that's what most people will do...and they need a way to keep the cash coming in. Enter F2P with Micro-Transactions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Casuals pay the bills. I can't see this change going through.

Do they really though? I would think that raiders are the most loyal crowd and are the steady source of income compared to the stream of casuals comming in to play, quitting, resubbing, quitting etc.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/19/2011 06:07 AMPosted by Snarebusta
Looking forward to raiding for my gear instead of grinding trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
why do you want tier so badly if you don't raid? there will be dungeon sets and semi raid loot with the LFR.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Casuals pay the bills. I can't see this change going through.

Do they really though? I would think that raiders are the most loyal crowd and are the steady source of income compared to the stream of casuals comming in to play, quitting, resubbing, quitting etc.

Casuals (or Non-Raiders) like it or not is the Biggest demographic...I think Blizzard has come to the conclusion that Bioware and Arenanet will be taking that demographic....so they are trying to hold on to the hardcore....it's sad because they could have kept both.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Keep in mind we do intend to allow tier 13 set pieces to drop for those using the upcoming Raid Finder. Similar to the difference between normal and Heroic versions of tier sets, the Raid Finder set will have a lower item level than the normal and Heroic counterparts.

Set pieces from all three difficulty levels can still be mixed and matched for the 2- and 4-piece bonuses.

09/19/2011 06:06 AMPosted by Jaedeth
I think it is a very good move, hopefully they keep it this way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Keep in mind we do intend to allow tier 13 set pieces to drop for those using the upcoming Raid Finder. Similar to the difference between normal and Heroic versions of tier sets, the Raid Finder set will have a lower item level than the normal and Heroic counterparts.

Set pieces from all three difficulty levels can still be mixed and matched for the 2- and 4-piece bonuses.

that sounds reasonable
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Thanks Zarhym. One thing I'd like to ask is, are class restrictions on the tokens going to be kept in place? If so, this is going to be a gear up and RNG nightmare for 10m oriented guilds.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 02:29 PMPosted by Zarhym

I'm 100% ok with this. Raid gear should be obtained by raiding even if it is easy mode. Let VP be offset pieces of similar ilevel to normal mode raid gear and that's more then enough for non-raiders to blast through ancient heroics and dailies with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]