Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

Community Manager
As announced in the ‘Firelands Raid Changes Incoming’ blog post ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581/Firelands_Raid_Changes_Incoming-9_12_2011 ), we’ll be making the below hotfixes which have gone into effect during today's raid reset.

Normal difficulty

• Shannox, Beth’tilac, Rhyolith - health and damage reduced by 15%.
• Other bosses - health and damage reduced by 25%.
• All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses.
• Hellhounds and Unstable Magma deal much less damage.
• Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower.
• The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
• Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.
• Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up, but not back.

Heroic difficulty

• Boss health and damage reduced by 15% (Heroic Ragnaros' health has not been reduced.)
• All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses. However, Heroic Ragnaros adds have been reduced by 15%.
• The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
• Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.

Stay tuned to the 4.2 Hotfixes blog post as these and other live updates are made to the game: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Nice to know the exact numbers now.

Makes me happy I at least got Rag before the big nerf! :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Interesting, it's not as much of a nerf as I expected.

I do have a question though. Let's take Alysrazor, her damage has been reduced by 15%, but does that include all of the abilities in the encounter? Something like Tornadoes isn't actually counted as being cast by her (I don't think so anyway) so is it's damage reduced as well? What about Brushfire?
Edited by Spiritscar on 9/20/2011 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nice to know the exact numbers now.

Makes me happy I at least got Rag before the big nerf! :)

This
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Well this should make P1-P3 easier on Heroic Ragnaros, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

P4 is going to roughly stay the same as the first nerf however.

I don't think these changes are too drastic. People that don't have business in Heroic Firelands aren't going to steam roll it the first week.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Undo the heroic changes... take all the fun away, nerf it when 4.3 hits not now there is no point. if they want to see the content, they can behind every one else.

if you are bad at this game, you can wait until the new stuff is released and old stuff is nerfed or get better.

If you wanna do something to help people... drop an extra token, and drop 2 things of extra loot in 10 and 4 in 25 that would be much more acceptable
Edited by Chanserv on 9/20/2011 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As much as I loved the pace of the fight, thank god they nerfed the Alysrazor tornadoes. Maybe the same two people won't die every single time anymore (though to be fair, they finally got it right last week).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Pretty tame nerfs, wonder if we can get Alysrazor in 1 down phase.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
09/20/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Kaivax
• All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses. However, Heroic Ragnaros adds have been reduced by 15%.

This is a little unclear. Could you clarify what you did to.. I assume you mean Molten Elementals? Is this health or quantity or both?
Edited by Charsi on 9/20/2011 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
09/20/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Charsi

This is a little unclear. Could you clarify what you did to the Heroic Ragnaros adds? Is this health or quantity or both?

I read it as -15% health and damage from Heroic Rag adds. It's worded that way because of the first sentence, basically saying Rag adds are the exception to the initial statement since his health isn't being reduced.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2011 10:24 AMPosted by Charsi

This is a little unclear. Could you clarify what you did to.. I assume you mean Molten Elementals? Is this health or quantity or both?

Probably just a blanket nerf on health and damage for Sons of Flame, Molten Elemental, Lava Scions, and Living Meteors.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rag's damage is also reduced by 15%
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The way I understand it health of all adds is reduced by 15%. Lava Scions, Molten Elementals and Living Meteors.

Damage by those adds and by Ragnaros is also reduced by 15%.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
If I read this right you still plan on nerfing it even more in the weeks to come?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm sure they'll nerf it more if completion rate is still lower than their expectation.

Just need to shift mentality
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
You can think of it as: the 15% health nerf for Rag went in two weeks early, so he's not getting another one.

09/20/2011 10:17 AMPosted by Spiritscar
Interesting, it's not as much of a nerf as I expected.

15% is a big deal. In a 25-man raid, that equates to 2.7 of your dps being in Stormwind and still killing the boss. For 10-man you can have one person dead on the floor the entire time and the difficulty only goes up to what it was last week.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Those coming from normal modes are going to have heroic raiding as progression now. I see the completion rate of normal mode raids going through the roof though.

Those working on heroic modes are still going to see heroics as progression, but farm bosses will be easier for them and the learning period is going to be drastically lower. Once you understand the baneling spiders on Beth'tilac, she should be one of the easier heroic bosses now. Alysrazor will probably be the hardest front end boss now for Heroic raiding.

Pretty much if you killed stuff before you're going to see it being a lot easier. You still can't ignore major mechanics in hard mode so I don't see these changes as massive. People working on bosses should have an easier time with them though.

The changes to Heroic Ragnaros certainly make it easier but like the 15% health nerf 2 weeks ago, you're only going to see a flood of kills in the first week or so (those working on him currently). Mechanically you're still going to need to know some things, and from these changes P4 difficulty is mostly going to remain in tact.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
People needed this big of a nerf ._.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
GDKP time!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
09/20/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Gròmmash
Damage by those adds and by Ragnaros is also reduced by 15%.

The Ragnaros damage part needs clarification. It's pretty clear everything associated with adds is down 15% and that Rag's health is unchanged, but the way it's worded leaves a bit open to interpretation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]