Character ID - Primary Key

90 Human Paladin
Devs,

Is the number located in the thumbnail field of the character field the unique numerical identifier for a character?

I ask because there is no id field on its own in the feed and my preference would be to rely on the blizzard id rather than an internal autonumber.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I think it would be safe to assume that it is a unique identifier. However, if you're concerned about internal database storage, an auto-increment value is probably safest for your personal use within whatever application/framework you're building. You're probably safe using it, but myself, I'd just throw and autoinc field on the table and be done with it.

To each his own, however. :)
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Druid
The number refers to a specific render during a specific timeframe. When you change visible equipment the number updates and does not stay the same.

So the number seems to be temporary and will be re-used for other characters once it is released from the character currently claiming it.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
09/20/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Solìdus
Is the number located in the thumbnail field of the character field the unique numerical identifier for a character?

The best unique identifier you have is the name, since only one name can exist on a realm. The problem however, is when people name change :)

Br,
Gro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]