Blizz, please save Hakkar!

85 Human Warrior
Original post = http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3195922651

Blizzard. Please do something about the state of our server. I log on at various times during the day and search to see how many people are logged on both Alliance and Horde sides. The results are alarmingly low. In the past there have been many attempts to repopulate Hakkar by offering free transfers here from other full population servers. This sounds great, but in the end the results are the same. People come to Hakkar and see how dead the server is, then they transfer out. So the free transfer here idea isn't working. How many times are we going to transfer people here before we try something that works?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

From asking around on both sides, the only reason people are still here are because of the following:

(most common responses)
"I don't have the money to transfer off"
"Still hoping things will get better"
"I'm too deeply invested in this server and don't want to lose my gold"
"I barely play anyway, so I don't care"
"I'm quitting so it doesn't matter to me"

So, people can't afford to leave, are hoping that Blizzard will fix the situation, or are casual or quitting. To the people who don't care because they are casual or quitting, a low pop server might be alright for them. To the rest of Hakkar's population that want to progress in raids and pvp, it is simply not fair. The players here want better game support. We pay to play this game, the monthly fee is supposed to help provide game support. Where is the support?

I present to you a petition by the population of Hakkar, to either merge our server with another server; or give us all free transfers off Hakkar and close down this server so that no new players have to deal with the issues we have dealt with for so long.

Members of Hakkar, if you agree with the statements above please reply and show your support. Blizzard, I eargerly await your response. Thank you all for your time.

Respectfully,
Alchamire

EDIT: Sad find here, we are the 3rd least progressed US guild. Ouch! http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
Edited by Alchamire on 9/19/2011 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Copy pasted from my post in the previous thread:

Looking at this as a Raid Leader of a progression group, something needs to change. Hakkars Raid progression overall is EXTREMELY low in comparison to other servers with a higher Population. Most of this is not due to a complete lack of raiding ability on players parts, it is due to the lack of exposure to content and overall exposure to raiding.

I've got a few characters spread across higher population servers, and I can tell you, trade chat on those servers is much different than Hakkars. You go to a server like Tich, Kil'Jaeden, Hyjal etc. and there are constantly people posting LFM FL/BoT/BWD/To4W etc. People PuG this content, which in turn helps people get into entry level or higher raiding, and get better gear when they cannot commit themselves to a full time raiding schedule, or they just hit 85 and are new to the game and don't know very many people on a server, therefore cannot get their name out there to the right people of where to look for raiding.

On Hakkar we do not have this going on, and when we do, seldom are they complete PuGs or mostly PuGs with some alts of people who already know the content. Often the people who join these full PuG runs on Hakkar either do not know the content and there isn't someone qualified to lead them through it, are not geared enough, are not experienced enough, or lack the personal responsibility to be gemmed/enchanted/reforged properly to carry their own weight in a run and work towards success with others.

This also is a big downer for many of us weekday raiders who have decently geared alts that actually want to raid current or previous tiers FOR FUN on the weekend, or off days during the week. If you look at many of the top 1000 Progression guilds, almost 100% of the raiders in their main group have an alt OR MORE, that are geared from previous content and current content that they can pull into a main progression group at any time and still be good enough for progression to enhance the Raid Comp for fights that are less forgiving on a less balanced, flavourful Raid comp, all for the sake of progressing as efficiently as possible.

Unfortunately, many of these options are not available to the current higher end raiding guilds, because there just isn't the demographic and population to succeed in these aspects of the game, which therein make progression raiding harder to manage, and the overall quality of life for those wishing to push harder for progression without taking on a complete Hardcore mentality within their guild and Raid group worse.

In addition to these problems, one of the other larger problems is recruiting and back-ups. Because there is so little population here, there is even less thirst for raiding. When there are less than 150 people actively raiding per faction on a server, it makes recruiting, or getting people to run back-up spots, or even introducing a "You sit out this week, this person comes in" rotation even harder to manage. The reasons for this are, certain guilds just do not progress very far, so once a few higher progressed guilds make their way into harder content, any type of replacement or back-up is hard to find because the gear/skill/experience levels are on such different levels. Here and there, you may find a diamond in the rough, but on a server already starving your chances of that are very few and far between.

This situation also puts a large block on progression raiding in that people are not at risk of losing their current raid spots to others who out perform them, or show more effort in their research, being prepared, researching and knowing how to play their class. When I led raids back in BC on a higher pop server, people were always telling me what steps they'd taken that week to better themselves as a raider, and would always do their best to prove they DESERVED a raid spot, rather than a raid group just having to deal with what is "Good enough" at the time because they have no other options.

That's my view on the major problems this server has with Raiding due to our low pop.

For the Lazy TL;DR:

Quality of life in raiding is terrible on Hakkar, too difficult to recruit good people, no replacements, people don't strive for their best, can't get the right raid comps, can't gear alts, people can barely PuG T11 full clears, let alone PuG FL. Raiding quality on Hakkar is at an all time low.

Regards,
Candybox
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
I am all for this as long as it only pushes us to a medium pop. I stayed off high pop servers for a reason.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Merge Hakkar!!! Please!!
Reply Quote
agree
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Blizz this crummy population you've created on Hakkar is ruining a lot of guilds , please fix it. I'm tired of paying money to be unappeased ....k thanks
Reply Quote
lol.
signed
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I will never fall for a free transfer to low pop server again. now its too late. fix the low pop servers. merge us with 15 other dying realms.
Reply Quote
Signed.....again. Don't lock this thread please.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Unless I missed an explanation somewhere, or threads like this are against the TOS (can't imagine why...), the fact that the former thread was locked without a word of explanation from the blues is just not on. Lock it if it violates the rules, by all means. But in a thread where loyal Blizzard fans are expressing their frustration with feeling as if they are being ignored, locking posts without a word of explanation is frustrating and only adds to the feeling of being disrespected, imo.

That said:

I love to raid, and I love my guild and all the people I raid with. But this situation on Hakkar -- one entirely created by Blizzard, mind -- is out of hand. Years ago, I remember the issues of population on realms being actively spoken about and actioned on by Blizzard. Nowadays it feels as if Blizzard has thrown their hands in the air and given up.

We haven't given up on Hakkar yet (most of us cannot afford to). Don't give up on us.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Signed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Signed... I get to sign twice since there's only like 7 people left on Hakkar anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Alchamire. I read through your reasons as to why people are still here... I must say, you're completely right. I personally fall into the category of:

"I don't have the money to transfer off"
"Still hoping things will get better"
"I'm too deeply invested in this server and don't want to lose my gold"

I also have myself invested with a lot of time and a some what new friendship with my fellow raiders in <Survival>. As Candybox said (My schmexy raid leader) in his opening statement:

09/19/2011 01:35 PMPosted by Candybox
Hakkars Raid progression overall is EXTREMELY low in comparison to other servers with a higher Population. Most of this is not due to a complete lack of raiding ability on players parts, it is due to the lack of exposure to content and overall exposure to raiding.

So, I say to you, my friends working behind the desk over at Blizzard Entertainment. ;) The reason I'm on Hakkar is because free transfers were offered off of Mal'Ganis-US during the release of Cataclysm. This server (Hakkar-US) was defiently not as bad as it is now, from when I transfered here. I then bring myself into looking at how many low population servers are available for people to play on, and I'm literally curious, is it necessary to have that many? The reason I ask such a question is because... Well.. Why not do something like a server merge? I'm sure we are not the only server who's overall dissatisfied with how horrid its population is or has become, and wouldn't mind merging with another PvP server. Maybe if we had enough people on board for this idea, it could be possible? I personally, along with MANY others just feel something NEEDS to be done.

In the end, will I be leaving the server for $25? No, for multiple reasons in which have been discussed. However, I feel Alchamire's petition brings up completely valid points/arguements and I completely agree and also ask that you PLEASE HELP US BLIZZARD!! ; P

Nightabsm
(NIGHTA-BOSOM)
Edited by Nightabsm on 9/19/2011 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Im signing to if it gets us any attention and this situation fixed. which i doubt it will do. like everyone has said above we are to invested in this server. People we interact with on a daily basis due to the nature of this game. If we transfer off we will lose that and have to start again which isn't the most enjoyable thing to do.

The raiders on this server when we pug on a alt and get a boss down the general comment is wow we actually got it....thats slightly stupid. Its not fair to us for the fact that we pay to play this game and most of us play to raid. But we cant do that very well if we have NO PEOPLE on the server. on wowprogress were 3rd from the bottom. we have like maybe 15 guilds even raiding....And half of them either give up or transfer off. So in effect we lose more players.

The ah is dead on this server as well. Which makes playing on this server suck.

It cant be that difficult to merge a few servers together. This is your game u designed it figure out a way to fix this. We all know you can.

And ps dont lock the threads regarding this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Unless I missed an explanation somewhere, or threads like this are against the TOS (can't imagine why...), the fact that the former thread was locked without a word of explanation from the blues is just not on. Lock it if it violates the rules, by all means. But in a thread where loyal Blizzard fans are expressing their frustration with feeling as if they are being ignored, locking posts without a word of explanation is frustrating and only adds to the feeling of being disrespected, imo.

That said:

I love to raid, and I love my guild and all the people I raid with. But this situation on Hakkar -- one entirely created by Blizzard, mind -- is out of hand. Years ago, I remember the issues of population on realms being actively spoken about and actioned on by Blizzard. Nowadays it feels as if Blizzard has thrown their hands in the air and given up.

We haven't given up on Hakkar yet (most of us cannot afford to). Don't give up on us.

If I remember correctly they don't like "petitions," - but the lack of response in conjuncture with the lock still irks me.

Regardless, I've been playing since the end of Wrath and feel there is much to be desired on low population servers such as Hakkar. I've seen guilds come and go, transfer off, fall apart, go casual, etc. et al - and while I'm sure this happens on every other server in World of Warcraft, the kicker is every time it happens, it really hurts our community. When free transfers are opened to Hakkar people come, and by the end of a tier of raiding, the majority of new players are gone.

It just seems like we're getting nowhere; there is no better tomorrow on Hakkar, it's just progressively getting worse. Large guilds transfer off and take our top end progression, and with it a lot of the competitive edge. Small guilds just can't fill their rosters to fill a 10 man raid. PUGs and Pick-up raids are reserved primarily for whimsical achievement runs of content from Wrath.

And then you hop in vent, and if a conversation about transferring off doesn't start up on a daily basis, you don't play on Hakkar. People want to have an opportunity to log on and join a pug raid, even if it's for a few bosses, because their schedule is whack or they had something come up that particular week. They want to see BH groups going on days other than Tuesdays, or rated battlegrounds going at all. It seems like there is very little for even casual players to accomplish, which definitely leaves a stagnate number of people left to experience "end game content," if you will.

I love the server, and I love the people (believe it or not ^.^) But honestly, the sheer lack of people on the server is taking away from enjoying the game itself.

My 2 cents.

Elf

Edit: "NIGHTA-BOSOM"? I never knew
Edited by Sapienta on 9/19/2011 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Sapienta
Edit: "NIGHTA-BOSOM"? I never knew

Hush! ;P Just letting the pronunciation be known. (Even though it's not broken down properly, but hey, I'm not an English teacher ;P)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
This is why I just call you Nightabear. SOLVED.

<3<3<3
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I just say Night-A and leave it at that lol :P

This is why I just call you Nightasleepybear. SOLVED.

<3<3<3

Fixed ^^^^^

Back on topic. IMO with the new Looking for Raid tool being implemented in 4.3, all I really see Blizzard doing is opening up free transfers again. The reason I can see this happening is because Blizzard will say, "Now with the LFR system you don't need to be in a raiding guild/group to see/kill the bosses anymore so server pop isn't that big an issue."

I do think the LFR system will help some of the problems we have. As Candybox said one of the biggest problems is finding people with the exposure to the content. If people have at least done a "dumbed down" version of the fight they will already know what is going on for the most part.

I really think Blizzard and Activision are going to lean on this Looking for Raid system as a heavy crutch to not have to do anything about all these low population severs. It's a short term band-aid for a long term problem.
Edited by Rrawwr on 9/19/2011 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Just my 2 copper but this server blows so much i can never get ANYONE for ANYTHING and its ditch that we have to pay to not experience the ducking game. and the support, lol rly. making millions but cant help people who are crying out on a forum. GM's just shy away from u when u question them in game. after playing for almost 7 years now i find it sad that this company has time and money to develop bullitch patch addons but cant provide better support. what happened to the player, just trying to bleed pockets now u gayweathers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]