Transmogrification Rules

55 Troll Death Knight
09/19/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Mårcus
• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

This is dumb as those of us who went through the painful process of acquiring the legendaries would like to be able to keep "using" them to some capacity. If that means only being able to use the art in lieu of the stats.

I hope you guys change your mind on this as I would love to be able to DW Frost the Warglaives as whatever weapons I am currently using.

You, your mother and everyone else would be using the Warglaives. Granted, I say if you wanna farm them, then you deserve to be allowed to use them but I don't think they will budge on this one inparticular.
35 Orc Hunter

• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.
• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

Wait, I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right. Correct me if I'm wrong but:

Melee cannot use caster weapons for transmogrification.
(example: My rogue can't use Tempest of Chaos as a melee weapon, since most melee weapons are One Hand, and Tempest of Chaos is Main Hand)

BUT

Casters can use melee weapons as a caster weapon
(example: My mage could use Shard of Azzinoth to transmogrify my caster dagger).

Am I totally misunderstanding this? Or is that correct?

If that's correct... that's pretty messed up blizzard :(. Some of the caster weapons have the coolest art (like Tempest of Chaos), and melee can't use them... but casters can transmogrify with melee weapons... Not very fair.
Edited by Exen on 9/19/2011 7:03 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
nooooo;
• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

There goes my plans for Thunderfury! :'-(
85 Undead Rogue
Hi, I was wondering if we would be able to transmog our tabards? I have Tabard of the Lightbringer but it isn't really compatible with my armor sets and I would like to continue to use one that looks like Scyrers tabard, would that be possible?
85 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Zouma

This is dumb as those of us who went through the painful process of acquiring the legendaries would like to be able to keep "using" them to some capacity. If that means only being able to use the art in lieu of the stats.

I hope you guys change your mind on this as I would love to be able to DW Frost the Warglaives as whatever weapons I am currently using.

You, your mother and everyone else would be using the Warglaives. Granted, I say if you wanna farm them, then you deserve to be allowed to use them but I don't think they will budge on this one inparticular.

Gee, no wonder, not our faults they never made other swords as epic looking...oh wait, it is their fault though.
85 Human Paladin
The

09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

This one doesn't really make sense to me..... at least in the case of the pirate outfit I'm currently wearing.

We can obtain pretty much the same outfit via the deviate delight food, so why not just let us make the outfit permanent?

09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

At the same time, I spent the time/effort/etc to obtain my hand of rag. I feel I have earned the right to mog it to a current weapon so I can smash things with it. So what if there are a large number of people with the same looking mace or whatnot... If it doesn't happen to the legendaries, people will gravitate to other items. Different item, same mass proliferation of the same model.
100 Human Paladin
09/19/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Kaivax
So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

Exactly. The poop quests and pop culture references are not epic battles.

The entire story of wow is a bunch of cliches and rewrites of stories from higher quality literature. Most of the achievements, quests, etc in the game are nothing more than rehashed internet memes, pop-culture references, and toilet humor. I think not allowing things like a fish weapon because it's not "epic enough" is pretty ludicrous coming from a company like Blizzard.
Atleast make the ALL ledgendaries SCALE with the lvl of the Char so they can be used and not stored away and collecting dust.
100 Human Death Knight
Hey, on the topic of Sandrene's Vest, could you please PLEASE allow it to be used? My friend has an RP set, druidic with a kilt, shoulders, helm and whatnot, but no chest. We found the Sandrene's Vest item on accident and thought it'd be awesome with his set RP set, it's let him keep his whole RP set look.
People who'd use the vest to be goofy and inappropriate wouldn't last long, plus it's not like everyone can use it, only Rogues and Druids.
85 Worgen Druid

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

These are the only ones I take issue with. Why do Hunters get special treatment? If they can turn their bow into a gun, why can't I turn my staff into a polearm?
90 Human Warrior

You need an item in order to transmogrify something into it. How do people STILL not know this? It's been said at least a dozen times. So, no, not everyone and their mother will be using Warglaives, only the people who already had them.

Kaivax, could we get an explanation of the reasoning behind some of these decisions? Why do hunters get cross-weapon type customization, but other classes don't? Why not let us transmogrify to legendaries? There isn't a clear and compelling reason for either decision, as far as I can tell.
Edited by Muspel on 9/19/2011 7:09 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Mage
(exceptions: a select few of these items will prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)

So...it's inappropriate yet it's in the game? Or do you mean just weapons such as the fish and fishing poles? I just don't get how it was ok in the past but not now. I also think if someone has personally worked for their legendary they should be allowed to use it. Allowing the common item anyone can pick up but not a time consuming legendary seems strange to me I do hope you guys change this
Edited by Rtrm on 9/19/2011 7:12 PM PDT
85 Undead Hunter

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

I don't get why there is an exception for ranged weapons. Why can't two-handed swords use a two-handed mace skin (if the user can use both, that is), but guns and bows can switch skins.

With 2h axes/swords/maces having strength and polearms/staves having agility we're already limited, transmogrification could have "fixed" this problem. I'd love to be able to use the Twinblade off Kael'thas skin on my hunter or the Black Ice polearm skin on my DK. This should all apply to 1h weapons as well.

What advantage is gained in any situation where someone has a sword looking like a polearm or mace? It can't be expertise racials, right? Don't trolls and dwarves have a gun/bow bonus? I can't imagine it messes with animations too much, because Bows and Guns generally have huge animation differences while melee weapons are usually the same (minus polearm/staves).

I just don't get it and it makes me sad. :(
100 Blood Elf Rogue
09/19/2011 07:08 PMPosted by Muspel
Kaivax, could we get an explanation of the reasoning behind some of these decisions? Why do hunters get cross-weapon type customization, but other classes don't? Why not let us transmogrify to legendaries? There isn't a clear and compelling reason for either decision, as far as I can tell.

It's because you can't TG polearms and staves, but transmog would allow you to, and because you can't Mutilate or Backstab with non-daggers, but transmog would allow you to.

That's about it. <_<
85 Undead Warlock

So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

Exactly. The poop quests and pop culture references are not epic battles.

I have to say, your development is being completely hypocritical here. I have dealt with cheesy quests in the past, ridiculously corny RP from NPC's, even stupid plant-fighting mini-games embedded in your game (the plants vs. zombies mini-game). So your development felt it was well-suited to have immature, childish, and sometimes even nonsensical items in-game, but god forbid we take that absurdity to a raid?

Development should've thought about the future of those ridiculous in-game items when they created them. For the sake of RP, transmog shouldn't be limited based on what Blizz feels should and shouldn't be appropriate for raids. If you made it, we should be able to transmog it! If not, it completely takes away from the RP of the game. After all, if the ethereals can transmogrify weapons and a fish is categorized as a weapon, then it can be transmogrified. If someone wants to look ridiculous during a raid, that should be their choice. Some people enjoy that type of comic-relief, and personally the only consequence I see coming from it is amusement.

I just don't see any sense in development claiming they don't want things to get too ridiculous with transmog, when all those things had been created by them in the first place. People could just as easily walk around with those items in-between pulls, so there's really no stopping it. Let people do what they want and I can assure you it will only help your customer retention.

If Blizzard really wants this game to be "serious", then re-categorize those fish to NOT be weapons! Take the stupid, cheesy quests we have to grind through out of the game! Don't force us to go through cheesy and corny content to level up but then tell us "Oh wait, you are raiding now! Now it all has to get serious!!!". C'mon, how can you guys NOT see this as completely hypocritical? Don't flip-flop back and forth here. Be consistent!
Edited by Asçendant on 9/19/2011 7:18 PM PDT
92 Dwarf Warrior
One change I'd like to see is removing head slots from armour type restrictions. You can disable visually showing any helm, so I see no harm in a plate user wearing a leather eyepatch. It's still thematically the exact same 'lack' of protection.
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/19/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Mårcus

I'm with you, but even if they ever do allow Legendaries, you'd need a main hand and off-hand STR sword to transmogrify them onto. Unless something changes in the future, they don't make str "off-hand" swords very often.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm with you, but even if they ever do allow Legendaries, you'd need a main hand and off-hand STR sword to transmogrify them onto. Unless something changes in the future, they don't make str "off-hand" swords very often.

You don't need to. One-handed items like most Strength weapons are (or seem to be) out of the grounds of the handedness restrictions.
85 Draenei Shaman
Hoping you all change your rules a bit for weapon transmog.

I would like it much better if you had it to where you can transmog a weapon to a different type of weapon, but only if your class can use it. There aren't any off handed pvp agility axes, and there isn't any fist weapon model I truly favor over that of an axe.

Not to mention it would satisfy all those wanna-be polearm melee users :P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]