Transmogrification Rules

100 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Adalia
Honestly, the rest of the classes still have the better deal because your changes will be noticeable.

Hi, I'm a druid. Nice to meet you.

/shifts out of bear form to see my better deal and dies.
100 Dwarf Hunter
The "it's not 100% final" gives me a glance of hope. But I still cannot understand why we cannot transmog heirloom items and send them to alts. As pointed out, transmogging makes it the items soulbound, so I can't sell plate shoulders that look like Judgement Spaulders to anyone. Unless I'm missing something on what could go wrong.

Regardless, thanks for this updated list.
90 Troll Shaman
Blizzard please put the resources into figuring out how to allow Mainhands and Offhand to share the others positions, please.
85 Troll Shaman
09/19/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Piemonade
I honestly see no need for the MH/OH restrictions on weapons, to be quite honest. Why are so many caster weapons "Main Hand"? No casters can dual-wield! What the heck is the point in that?

enhancement shamans are kind of an odd critter the way they get so much value out of spell power... let them DW 1800SP maces and... well.... pew pew

And do absolute crap for damage.

Caster weapons have less DPS than quested greens.

Yeah, so he could DW 1800 SP weapons.

What's he going to do with all that SP? Throw lightning bolts that do 1-2k more than normal? You might throw 5 or 6 before you run out of mana.

Would he backup heal with that? lol, okay, you can cast 3-4 Greater Healing Waves and then you're OOM.

Meanwhile, you're swinging at a mob with what equates to a pair of grey weapons.
90 Draenei Death Knight
The "it's not 100% final" gives me a glance of hope. But I still cannot understand why we cannot transmog heirloom items and send them to alts. As pointed out, transmogging makes it the items soulbound, so I can't sell plate shoulders that look like Judgement Spaulders to anyone. Unless I'm missing something on what could go wrong.

Regardless, thanks for this updated list.

That's the point. Your alts haven't earned Judgment Spaulders, so they can't wear them. That's actually a very justifiable restriction on the system. You can however transmog them into those level 20 quest shoulders you got.
90 Orc Warrior
• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

What about thrown weapons? Does this mean that I can transmog my Vicious Glad War Edge to look like a bow/gun, or is it still limited to only other thrown weapons?
100 Blood Elf Warrior
While I actually agree that the inconsistency in being able to change weapon looks is silly, please stop hating on the hunters. First, it's not like we can change it. Second, the main thing it really affects /is/ the sound made in combat. You see, everyone else gets to run around with their main weapon looking all cool and showing it off. Us? Nope. You see our stat stick. The only time you're likely to see a hunter weapon is in combat...and who looks at even their own weapon then, let alone someone else's? I know I'm paying attention to my surroundings so I can stay out of the fire or yell at my raid team to stay out of the fire, not what people are wielding.

Honestly, the rest of the classes still have the better deal because your changes will be noticeable. I'd fully support letting everything be mogged, including legendaries, but this singling out of hunters is just silly.

Remind me how we have the "better deal"?

You can still change your not-ranged weapon.

You have flexibility changing your ranged weapon -- the one you actually use to do damage, the one that's out in your armory profile, et cetera -- and the same restrictions in changing your not-ranged weapon.

We don't have flexibility in changing our main weapon -- our equivalent of your ranged weapon -- and you literally never see our ranged weapon, so whatever flexibility exists there is irrelevant.

09/19/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Memories
Your alts haven't earned Judgment Spaulders

I wasn't aware characters could earn anything, being that they're just an avatar for a real person.

Hi, I'm a druid. Nice to meet you.

/shifts out of bear form to see my better deal and dies.

The fact that you're a druid doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Note: There's a druid spec that doesn't stay in their form 100% of the time.
Edited by Erudition on 9/19/2011 7:39 PM PDT
71 Worgen Death Knight
I haven't seen anyone mentioning this so I'm going to ask:

Can you use a one handed unique weapon to transmogrify a main hand and a off hand weapons?

For example, can I use Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight to transmogrify two one handed weapons and dual wield them with both of them looking like Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight?
90 Draenei Paladin
I am having a very hard time understanding Blizzard's decision for not allowing legendary items to be "mogged". This would of been a great opportunity to allow some of the items they put the most work into visually to be shown again. Much like old tiers, we don't get to see legendary items anymore. I would go as far as to say that we have seen legendary items less than any other items out there. Why not allow those that took the time and effort to earn them to show them off?

A big item that come to mind is the legendary hunter bow. Considering the crazy low percentage of guilds actually killing the last boss of Sunwell, no one got to really see the bow. Personally, I would of loved to actually see it in action. I am really bummed about this decision, such a waste of cool looking items.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I haven't seen anyone mentioning this so I'm going to ask:

Can you use a one handed unique weapon to transmogrify a main hand and a off hand weapons?

For example, can I use Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight to transmogrify two one handed weapons and dual wield them with both of them looking like Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight?

There's no such restriction, so it sounds very possible so far.. however the more you mention it on these forums, the higher the chances are that they'll catch it and nerf it before it goes live.
100 Night Elf Druid
The only things I have a major issue with are the enchant rule and no using invisible chest pieces. Power Torrent's glow effect is just so damned overwhelming that you can't see half your weapon for it, and there are dozens of NPCs in this game who run around topless, including my main man Malfurion and his brother Illidan. Malfurion even fights against Rag shirtless, so why can't I? There's nothing ridiculous or inappropriate about it, like there is with the fish weapons or the staves that look like brooms and shovels etc. Please consider allowing the invisible chest piece to be used and allow us to carry different enchant effects over or nerf the spell effects on some of the current ones because most of them are far too bright and/or chaotic and distract heavily from the weapon art.
Edited by Kokiron on 9/19/2011 7:44 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
The fact that you're a druid doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Note: There's a druid spec that doesn't stay in their form 100% of the time.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't realised that...

I was replying to the ridiculous statement of 'the rest of the classes get a better deal'. 3/4 druid specs won't even get to see their transmogrification unless they're out of form. Better deal? I think not. Having unnecessary limitations such as staves not being able to transmogrify into polearms is silly. They both serve exactly the same purpose and the majority of the time look like one or the other.
Edited by Bynir on 9/19/2011 7:45 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
I am having a very hard time understanding Blizzard's decision for not allowing legendary items to be "mogged". This would of been a great opportunity to allow some of the items they put the most work into visually to be shown again. Much like old tiers, we don't get to see legendary items anymore. I would go as far as to say that we have seen legendary items less than any other items out there. Why not allow those that took the time and effort to earn them to show them off?

A big item that come to mind is the legendary hunter bow. Considering the crazy low percentage of guilds actually killing the last boss of Sunwell, no one got to really see the bow. Personally, I would of loved to actually see it in action. I am really bummed about this decision, such a waste of cool looking items.

The only plausible reason I can think of is that they may be looking into a way to make legendaries scale with content. If not, there's no justifiable reason why legendaries shouldn't be allowed.
85 Troll Shaman
The only things I have a major issue with are the enchant rule and no using invisible chest pieces. Power Torrent's glow effect is just so damned overwhelming that you can't see half your weapon for it, and there are dozens of NPCs in this game who run around topless, including my main man Malfurion and his brother Illidan. Malfurion even fights against Rag shirtless, so why the can't I? There's nothing ridiculous or inappropriate about it, like there is with the fish weapons or the staves that look like brooms and shovels etc. Please consider allowing the invisible chest piece to be used and allow us to carry different enchant effects over or nerf the spell effects on some of the current ones because most of them are far too bright and/or chaotic and distract heavily from the weapon art.

Because you just know that every guy who has a female character will have his character running around in a bra trying to distract PvPers or something, who knows.

But yeah.

We'd be seeing shirtless girls everywhere. Not that there aren't already lots of armors that are very scant (especially lower level plate/mail), but I bet those will end up getting nerfed too if they are over-used.
85 Human Paladin
09/19/2011 07:35 PMPosted by Tsharra
What's he going to do with all that SP? Throw lightning bolts that do 1-2k more than normal? You might throw 5 or 6 before you run out of mana.

No, you keep on doing what you normally do.

In fact in the current tier eye of purification / gatecrasher does better damage then gatecrasher / gatecrasher.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Wait, why can't we transmog fishing poles? I mean, they're their own class of item, right? So why can't I transmog my Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole to look like the Jeweled Fishing Pole?
90 Draenei Death Knight
Can we get Shadow's Edge and similar Firelands and Deathwing level pre-legendaries also restricted? It's not fair that those of us who have done all the work and actually completed the quests can't use the models, but those who haven't get to use them.

Better yet, perhaps find some way to make the pre-legendaries available again to those who have already completed the legendary quest?
I guess it's because they don't want to commit resources that they won't allow a dagger to look like a sword. That's a whole new character motion, stabbing someone in the eyes with a sword through mutilate. That would cost them time and money to make it work properly. Probably not too much, but still.

I can see why bows, guns, and crossbows don't suffer from this problem. They all work the same. Plus, it puts a band aid on gun noise pollution.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]