Transmogrification Rules

90 Orc Death Knight
What about transmogrifying an eye patch? That could be an exception, because I really want to wear an eye patch when I take down death wing, you know, being a grizzled vet and a Death Knight to boot, I could have lost an eye somewhere.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
09/19/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Riplakish
What about transmogrifying an eye patch? That could be an exception, because I really want to wear an eye patch when I take down death wing, you know, being a grizzled vet and a Death Knight to boot, I could have lost an eye somewhere.

Aren't those usually not-plate?
85 Blood Elf Priest
Would the Shadow's Edge be ruled out as a possibly transmogee like if you wanted the shadow's edge look on something else can you take it to a different axe?
90 Troll Shaman
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
or a chest piece that is invisible

Bummer. I was gonna ask for one of those for each armor class :/

Please allow The Emperor's New Cape to be used for transmog. I know it is invisible, but as a dual-spec person, it allows me to have one set of transmog with a cape and one without with the added benefit of not requiring me to change my game settings whenever i switch specs.

I use an addon called Outfitter to manage my different gear sets, both real gear and rp gear. One advantage of it is that I easily set individual outfits to display or hide the helm and/or cloak slot whenever they are equipped with the addon.
85 Human Hunter
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
• The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

This is the only feature at this point that I wasn't quite expecting, and is actually quite a disappointment. For example, it's a little annoying to have an entire set of green armor, but then you're "forced" to have a weapon enchant that glows red because it's the best enchant you can get at the time. Likewise weapons that already have effects may get overwritten (I'm not sure if it's true actually if the original animation always precedes enchants) or weapons that I find are impressive looking in themselves without having Windwalk completely shrouding them will still get one.

Just another restriction I will have to get used to for now, I suppose. I'm still bummed I can't wear the color-matched cloth shoulders and belt which went well with my plate set, but at least I've been able to find acceptable replacements.
85 Draenei Hunter
You're missing the point.

Blizzard flip-flops on what weapons physical dps uses just as often as they flip-flop on what hunters use.

For example, last tier it was swords, now it's axes. Tanking weapons are a missed bag, you have swords, axes, and maces just about equally, maybe more swords.

So again:

You have the same restrictions on your displayed weapon as we do, but you get absolute freedom with the weapon you use to do damage.

You have a better deal than we do, period.

You seem to be missing the point that no one sees our main weapon. The only way to ever see it out of combat is to hit your hotkey for wielding it, which both looks stupid walking around, particularly with guns and crossbows, and would be completely out of character as well. Yes, I'm going to walk around town with a loaded gun pointing out at everyone in front of me. That's completely safe, don't you know, despite one of the rules of such weapons being to never, ever point them at a person unless you intend to kill them.

I am /all for/ the stupid restrictions being lifted, but hunters are not getting an amazing deal. I could rest easy with the armor class to the same armor class restriction, but the inconsistency both in restrictions and weapon types is a problem, one that we're suffering from as well.

As for playing with sound on...of course I am. You see, I actually like knowing what's going on, and there are many, many audio cues for things in the game, the sound files of which start before DBM alerts show/sound.
100 Undead Warrior
One thing I would like clarification on is Fury Warrior restrictions to Transmogrification. For example I would like to dual-wield Apolyon, The Soul Render, a two-handed sword currently in my possesion. I have currently equipped Zin'Rokh and Masterwork Elementium Deathblade (both 2H swords). Would I need 2 copies of Apolyon to pull this off? Or could I simply apply Apolyon to both blade because I already posses the one copy of it?
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/19/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Femdwarf
Also can a single onehanded weapon be used for transmog TWICE in the same set?

Yes, provided it is "one-hand" and not "main hand" or "off hand"

Will you be able to use the model of just one weapon for 2 different weapons as a dual wielder? For example if you have a single Netherbane, would you be able to use that to transmogrify two Obsidium Cleavers?

Yes.

One thing I would like clarification on is Fury Warrior restrictions to Transmogrification. For example I would like to dual-wield Apolyon, The Soul Render, a two-handed sword currently in my possesion. I have currently equipped Zin'Rokh and Masterwork Elementium Deathblade (both 2H swords). Would I need 2 copies of Apolyon to pull this off? Or could I simply apply Apolyon to both blade because I already posses the one copy of it?

Yes, provided they don't decide to add restrictions for unique or unique-equipped items. At any rate, you won't need 2 of them, as the item is not consumed in the process.
Edited by Memories on 9/19/2011 8:13 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
The only thing i would like to be changed is the weapon type and have it more boarder such as 2 handed weapons can only be changed into 2 handed weapons so i could get a mace but make it look like a sword cause I really hate maces and really like swords and would like to have swords the entire time.

Oh and healing maces look like crap. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Yeah its selfish of me but its the only thing I would like changed so sue me if you've got a problem with that. Plus, I don't want to have an axe, mace, and sword I have to store and I was planning on using Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind for my healing off spec since I hate all maces. ALL. OF. THEM. But they are the only trashy healer weapons that seem to ever be available.

Two handed swords are also not so common outside of pvp(cause we can pick our weapon in pvp) as well. Especially when it comes to raid weapons.

:)

Hopefully, one day soon, they'll allow us to Transmogrify weapons of a different type. I hate the healing maces, too...
Community Manager
09/19/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Murizzy
Only common (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple)

Do you mean Common as in White text or did you mean to say Uncommon for Green?

I had a pair of vendor axes I was hoping to transmog my current ones into, this will not be possible?

Also Forever Lovely Rose should totally be eligible to transmog with, how am I supposed to reach max cuteness now Kaivax?

Thank you for catching that. I have updated the rules list to reflect uncommon.

Max cuteness is, as you know, a theoretical construct that can only even be approached by individuals of very small stature.
85 Human Hunter
09/19/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Jeanck

Aren't those usually not-plate?

Yup leather, usually...
Guess that's why he's asking for it.
(count me in on that request)

I've mentioned this before, but this is another restriction I would've liked seen done away with somehow. I dislike how pretty much every plate helmet in the game is a bucket that covers my character's face and hair, with the exception of one of the Paladin tier helmets. I like the Crown of Destruction, the Cover of the Keepers, the Mana-Etched Crown, and even many of the headbands in the game - but alas, they're all cloth, leather, and mail, so my Paladin shall either use the tier helmet (which is gold, so it doesn't match the silver/purple Soulforge set, but the Mana-Etched Crown did. QQ) or just continue to use nothing at all and enjoy my Peasant haircut. ;)

Also, this ruined my mage's pirate set since he gets the boots, the shirt, the pants, but the eyepatches are all leather. :P Oh well.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082081583

Common Blizzard. give us full access for helmet slots.
Helmet slots we can already hide. why not let us use a Hood, or a Blindfold?

P.S. Make all Quel'Delar colors available for transmog for multi specs. I want to have the 1-h quel delar for a 2-h and the ability to use said model if we completed the quest. >_>
Edited by Magnusheart on 9/19/2011 8:21 PM PDT
85 Human Hunter
I should mention regardless of the current restrictions and the little-bitty parts I dislike, I'm still extremely excited and want 4.3 for this if nothing else. :P So props again to you, Blizzard, for finally implementing this. :D
85 Tauren Druid
I still find it confusing that we'll see rogues running around in druid gear, etc.
100 Human Warrior
Does Ashbringer fall under able to or unable to Mog? I know the bulk of us that have one and still play would like to know.
17 Tauren Paladin
Does using [Random Piece A] for transmog on to [Random Piece B] destroy [Random Piece A]?

Sorry if that has been answered already.
90 Tauren Druid
aw no invisible chest. I had a savage/tribal look set up that was bare chested :-(
I guess i'll have to farm for bear leather for that harness from the timbermaw
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]