Transmogrification Rules

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know this is slightly off-topic in regards to transmogrification, but while we're thinking about the aesthetics of our gear, I agree with the people who have been asking for an option to set our tabards to invisible like our cloaks and helms.

Also, it would be neat if we could have some sort of option to only show one of our shoulder pieces, instead of both (of course, not be able to be able to hide both! That would be silly.). I like the asymmetrical look one-shoulder spaulders give, but I've only come across very few models for them in the game so far, and I haven't really liked any of those. :c (would also be cool to be able to choose which one shows, in the case of shoulder pieces that are different from each other. :3 And exempting already one-shoulder items, of course.)
Okay, so Herilooms can be transmogrified. What happens if you transmogrify a heirloom while it's, say, leather, and then your toon hits L40, and the heirloom's type changes to mail. Or mail to plate.

Does it lose the transmogrify effect since the types must match?
Edited by Merryweather on 11/11/2011 11:02 PM PST
90 Night Elf Warrior
What does Blizzard consider silly or inappropriate for transmogging? Ok so fish are out but they have frying pans and rolling pin in the game, what about them? how is a frying pan less of a weapon the a broken beer bottle? Direbrew's Bloodied Shanker
90 Troll Priest
The fish, fishing poles, and invisible stuff is easy to understand.

But for the record, do you have a more complete list of things that can't be transmogrified? Heard about the level 60 PvP gear on other threads but it hasn't been confirmed here. Especially if it concerns other PvP sets. The season 1 Gladiator's gear especially, since it goes oddly well with the rather unique looking Shockwave Truncheon.

Also things that aren't actually silly, but weird like Watcher's Tunic, aka the technicolor dreamcoat :)
Edited by Kouhii on 11/12/2011 1:05 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
A possibly answered question:

It is possible for vanity uses of an item being transmogged be applicable to the new item?

This would be things like a weapon transmogged with Fandral's Flamescythe would both have the look of the Flamescythe and allow Feral cats to continue being firekitties, or a helmet transmogged with any of the Headless Horseman's Helms being able to use it for the Laugh.

This would apply to purely vanity only stuff, though I can see why it wouldn't be possible.
90 Human Mage
i thought this was already addressed
90 Tauren Druid
I do hope they cut back on the melee weapon restrictions, I quite like swords, but it seems much easier to get my hands on axes / maces on the characters I'd want a sword for.

In fact, having to shelve a favorite weapon in general just because you get an upgrade that isn't the same type, despite the weapons being functionally identical, kind of sucks...
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not directly related but I hope we can hide shoulderpads and belts soon;
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is going to rule. cant wait to carry around my katana again! Please bring back polearms with strength blizzard! the polearm has just become a staff with agility and it stinks. i love the polearm animations on my blood elf, but havn't been able to use a pole arm effectively since i was in outland. Please consider this for a future patch or MoP. Much respect.
that mean there is no item for paladins and warriors and dks before lvl 40 :( and I really want to look like a low lvl :( and I can't because there is no low lvl plate :(
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/12/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Tahmtan
that mean there is no item for paladins and warriors and dks before lvl 40 :( and I really want to look like a low lvl :( and I can't because there is no low lvl plate :(

This. Plate wearers should be able to xmog mail into plate because there are very few plate models in comparison to other armor classes, due to the only existence of plate after lv40
86 Tauren Paladin
11/12/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Tahmtan
I was thinking this as I ran SM for silk yesterday.

Sad, really.
100 Troll Mage
hmmm shame that you cant have grey's transmogged, i'd have a top hat (if the tailoring pattern is ever put in the game, planned since cata) and the tux :D
90 Tauren Druid
This may, or may not have been answered but going to ask anyways. Why am I unable to use the level 60 pvp armor set to transmog? Love the entire set and was very sad when I went on PTR and couldn't use that, but yet use different types of pvp armor.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
So let's say I have these daggers equipped, main-hand X, and off-hand Y. And I have a single one-hand Z dagger in the bank. Can I transmogrify X and Y into Z and Z, even if I only have ONE Z dagger in my possession?

Damn that sounds confusing, but in short if I only have one dagger I love the look of, can I transmogrify both of my daggers into it as long as all the other rules are being followed?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Hey I just wanted to know why the level 60 paladin PvP gear isnt able to be a transmogifier for gear. Says invalid appearance or something.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]