Transmogrification Rules

70 Night Elf Rogue
• The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

Does that mean I can't use icy enchant on my weapon to make it looks cool and not have the awesomeness of a cata enchant for use?
58 Troll Death Knight
too much req man, remove em.
100 Human Paladin
11/12/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Munir
Hey I just wanted to know why the level 60 paladin PvP gear isnt able to be a transmogifier for gear. Says invalid appearance or something.

There have been many, many posts about this on both of the PTR forums, and the threads are revived with each build. The developers remain silent on the issue.
85 Troll Priest
09/19/2011 06:02 PMPosted by Maigraith
Now, I just gotta find a group to get the star dagger from Ulduar...

That dagger is beautiful.
93 Orc Hunter
Perhaps a stupid question but I couldn't find my answer anywhere, As a hunter can I use shaman tier gear to transmog ?
100 Worgen Druid
Could you allow an exception for certain one handed weapons that don't seem to be used anymore in end-game content? I.E. Fist weapons in raid.

I play an enhance shammy and would love to look like I'm using fist weapons, but one-handed axes seem to be the best weapons in Cata for enhance shammies.
100 Draenei Warrior
11/13/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Riftchâos
Perhaps a stupid question but I couldn't find my answer anywhere, As a hunter can I use shaman tier gear to transmog ?

what

if it's not part of the shaman tier and it's mail, i'm pretty sure you can
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I honestly dont get why you cant transmogrify your weapon to look like a legendary.. when you worked to get said legendary and you've "outgrown" it....

They put way to much restrictions on this feature for people to really care imo.
94 Human Paladin
For a feature that is intended to allow us to look unique, there are way too many restrictions.

It's simple.

If you own it, and you can equip it, you should be able to mog it.

If you want to go around with a fish as your weapon, it should be possible.
If Blizz is worried about players looking foolish, thus making their game look foolish, they should have thought about that before they decided to release kung-fu pandas.

If they want to retain players they will open up the possibilities of this mog feature wide open.

85 Dwarf Shaman
First off, i'm not too thrown off by the equipment limitation...games I've played with similar combine abilities also had similar limitations.

What worries me Blizz, are all the chances we have of "stripping" our transmog. In all honesty, the Transmog should be permanent. Whether I throw it in my void storage, mail, bank, bags, whatever, if i transmog an item, it should now officially have that new "skin" permanently. I forsee a host of problems with those limitations...especially when people have put a ton of time and energy getting certain items to skin their stuff with....and you drop it into the void storage and your hard work is gone? some weapons for skinning take almost as much work and time to get as most end game raid items...why should they be so "fragile" once they've been transmogged?

Along the same vein, I have yet to see this question pop up in this way, and Im suprised more folks haven't asked it yet....

When you Transmog an item with a new skin, is that a one shot deal? or can I turn around and take that new skinned Item and use it to skin my next weapon? My thought process here is similar to above...why would I want to spend weeks gathering an armor set and transmog my current set with it, only to lose a piece because I happen to get an upgrade? Are we going to be able to re-use skins? if not, I actully may not be using the transmog system.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Glannoc

The item you use to transmog another item with does not disappear. Like, if you use your favorite lvl 60 gear to transmog your new gear, you'll still have all of your old gear to use for transmog in the future. So what you're worried about isn't a problem. :)
Edited by Vanquish on 11/14/2011 10:53 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
Sorry if these questions were brought up elsewhere, I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.

I understand why they would want this limitation, but the problem I have (which I was hoping could be eliminated by transmog) is that ret paladin's pvp boots and belt always use the artwork from the warrior or DK sets (never paladin set). Therefore, if I want to display matching artwork on my pvp set, I would have to acquire and keep the holy paladin boots with matching artwork. I hope there can be a work-around for this.

what if the weapon used to transmogrify doesn't accept enchantment graphics because it has its own built-in visual spell effect (for example frostguard, blazing rapier, brutal gladiator's greatsword)

Also, will it ever be possible to transmogrify the enchantment visual effect? Weapon chain has a really lame effect (none at all I think), meanwhile, the best enchant graphics I know of in game are mongoose and executioner from BC.
Edited by Kylos on 11/14/2011 11:05 AM PST
58 Troll Death Knight
I still think theres too much reqs. Just remove all reqs or most of it please. Theres some items i would love to use like this hood for my clothies but i cant because its plate (funny to think its supposed to be plate btw)

Also: need more hide gear options in interface. Especially hide shoulders/tabard.
100 Human Paladin
You can't use Acherus Knight's Hood on any class other than DK anyway. Sure, it has no class requirement, but it's BoP and other classes can't see it to buy on the vendor. So it really doesn't matter what the armor type is.

There are similar cloth hoods in SSC and BT anyway, which a lot of Paladins would kill to be able to xmog. :P
76 Dwarf Paladin
Since we announced the transmogrification feature coming to World of Warcraft with patch 4.3, we have monitored thousands of follow-up comments, questions and suggestions from players all over the world.

What follows is our current list of rules for transmogrification. This is a set of rules that we expect to change over time, and is not intended to be 100% comprehensive, but we hope that it can be referenced to answer most questions that players currently have about what they can and cannot expect to be able to do with transmogrification.

• The character must be able to equip both items.

• Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)

• Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.

• Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.

• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-tradable.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.

• Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.

• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified.

• Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

• Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.

• Vendoring an item strips its transmogrification.

• There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)

I'm heartbroke. I wanted to transmog my helm to the chefs hat and mace to a fish.

Oh well. looks like I'll have to find something else.
100 Night Elf Warrior
11/13/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Lumineus
Hey I just wanted to know why the level 60 paladin PvP gear isnt able to be a transmogifier for gear. Says invalid appearance or something.

There have been many, many posts about this on both of the PTR forums, and the threads are revived with each build. The developers remain silent on the issue.

Which needs to be constantly brought up because of reason why the lvl 60 pvp gear can't be used is ridiculous.

Let's just make all nostalgic gear incapable of transmog.
90 Blood Elf Priest
For a feature that is intended to allow us to look unique, there are way too many restrictions.

If they want to retain players they will open up the possibilities of this mog feature wide open.

I agree wholeheartedly!
85 Dwarf Shaman
@Glannoc

The item you use to transmog another item with does not disappear. Like, if you use your favorite lvl 60 gear to transmog your new gear, you'll still have all of your old gear to use for transmog in the future. So what you're worried about isn't a problem. :)

Ahh excellent! alleviates some of my worries :) thanks.

seems that also alleviates the problems with tranmog dissapearing for the most part, since you can just re-trans (having to pay teh cost again is silly but perhaps simple a lesson well learned). being able to mail stuff would be nice tho
85 Orc Death Knight
please allow everything contained in Buccaneer's Uniform to be transmogged.... i have this on my mage as well as the title and wish to look like a pirate without having to waste money onto non-permanent deviate fishes. also i hope that considering the hat is green i will be able to mog that also.

11/14/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Sammonoske

Which needs to be constantly brought up because of reason why the lvl 60 pvp gear can't be used is ridiculous.

Let's just make all nostalgic gear incapable of transmog.

I am realy worried about THIS!

I realy want to use some of the lvl60 pvp gear on multiple chars, yet, we have no news on this issue what so ever and since i realy think the patch is not that far away i am starting to get realy worried.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]