Transmogrification Rules

90 Night Elf Rogue

It would be kinda fun watching the tank fight wearing a loincloth, a chef's hat and wielding a fish.

Yeah. I'm not a tank and I will be wielding two fish. Dark Herring Oh, yeah.

EDIT: Just read that Dark Herring won't be allowed... Add me to the list of people that think that's stupid. World of Warcraft has always been a silly franchise, that's part of the fun of it! Why can't us rogues go into epic battles wielding two fish? I did it just fine at level 80 before I out leveled my Dark Herrings... I want to use them again!!!
Edited by Moonfantal on 11/25/2011 12:05 AM PST
86 Blood Elf Paladin
11/23/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Omegga
im shure it would be up to the design team but i was looking at a number of cloth head peices that would work so wounderully for my pally transmog set. I was really hoping to go for the arthas look with the cloth hood, is there anyway headpeices will become an exception to your rule. i think that could add alot of really kewl possibilites without making a plate weares ect look not its class. ex. thall look, ect, and there are verry few hood type itens for palte and mail. just a thought.

Yeah, I'd love to be able to wear a Chief Architect's Monocle as a plate headpiece but... I don't think it will happen... Better yet, let me wear Don Carlos' Famous Hat
86 Draenei Hunter
Ok, so when you say items without stats can't be used and only items that are green, blue, or purple, what exactly does that mean?

Does it mean that I can't use a grey or white item as my base, or just that I can't make a vendor trash sword look like an epic sword?

As for the gun/bow/crossbow thing, I love it but I also agree that barring situatitions where the animations are off, there should be no reason why we can't make a main hand into a one hand or a staff into a polearm. After all, what's a polearm really other than a bladed staff? In fact, in a recent fantasy game sequel with mages wielding staves (mostly just your standard "stick" staves) in the first game in the sequel they gave them polearms instead. They still call them staff and only mages can use them but many of them are fancy on one end and have a blade for when the mage is in melee.
76 Worgen Warrior
Being unable to transmogrify my Lord Walden's Top Hat makes me froth at the mouth.
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Being unable to transmogrify my Lord Walden's Top Hat makes me froth at the mouth.

When you worgen are willing to share with the rest of us the secret of making that hat, then maybe you can wear it. Not until...

...gimme that hat! T_T
94 Human Paladin
Placing arbitrary rules and restrictions on this fun feature of the game is just going to turn more people off than it's going to attract to the game.

The rules should be simple:

If you own both items, and you can equip both items, you should be able to mog it.

If I want to run around in a bakers hat, wielding a fish in one hand and a rolling pin in the other, while wearing a tuxedo and a pair of ruby slippers I should be able to.

What is the harm in that?

Is Blizz afraid of their players making their game look silly and ridiculous?
Shouldnt the players decide how they want to look? Isn't that the whole point of the feature?

Well, the game is ridiculous. This new planned expansion is going to do a fine job of making it even more ridiculous.

Kung Fu panda is ok to have in the game, but epic battles of deadly fish slaps isn't.

/sigh

85 Tauren Paladin
Placing arbitrary rules and restrictions on this fun feature of the game is just going to turn more people off than it's going to attract to the game.

The rules should be simple:

If you own both items, and you can equip both items, you should be able to mog it.

If I want to run around in a bakers hat, wielding a fish in one hand and a rolling pin in the other, while wearing a tuxedo and a pair of ruby slippers I should be able to.

What is the harm in that?

Is Blizz afraid of their players making their game look silly and ridiculous?
Shouldnt the players decide how they want to look? Isn't that the whole point of the feature?

Well, the game is ridiculous. This new planned expansion is going to do a fine job of making it even more ridiculous.

Kung Fu panda is ok to have in the game, but epic battles of deadly fish slaps isn't.

/sigh

There's a lot of sense in what you've said here.

Making fun of their own game (Chuck Norris WoW ad) is A-OK, but players wielding fish? "NO! BAD PLAYER! BAD! CORNER NOW!" Really?

With all the pop culture references and parodies and other random funniness in the game, dual wielding fish would fit in. Most people are going to take the feature seriously; I would even be so bold as to say 90% of the player base.

I've seen this brought up over and over and the only time I recall Blizz replying to it, the example and reason given was blasted out of the atmosphere by players citing other examples that are already in the game. Leaving the arbitrary rules in place just makes Blizzard look like a hypocrite with their own game.
90 Human Paladin
i got a question as to why not transmog weapons to appear as a legendary weapon. The rule is u have to have the item to be able to mog into it right. Well i think that if a toon has worked his A** off the obtain a "legendary item" they should have the right to transmog into it. Or is it really going to have to sit in my bank looking perttty but enevitably useless. Bliz plz reply with a reason for ur madness.
[item="Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker" /]
90 Human Paladin
oh and yah i applaud u Colbert. amen to every word of that.
Edited by Crucifyer on 11/25/2011 3:18 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Rogue
to be able to transmog an item you have to have it 1st right? you cant just choose eny thing you want you have to get it first and then transmog it right?
100 Human Priest
09/19/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Kaivax
Aw, Sandrene's vest is ineligible. That's too bad. I'd wanted to put it on this rogue's chest so she could show off her swashbuckler's shirt. I can see why it'd be off limits, though. I think it's fair. Can't have a bunch of rogues running around topless in Orgrimmar or Goldshire, now can we?

We already do!

There is a new stage of evolution. People that can "read" sarcasm as opposed to the "primitive" beings that can't. :P
85 Night Elf Warrior
So, if I become an engineer to satify an equip limitation, use said item to transmog another item, then drop engineering, I will lose my transmog? My favorite shield in game requires engineering, which I do not have. It would likely cost 10k gold to switch and switch back, so it would be nice to know up front.
90 Human Paladin
Please let us use white quality items! For my transmog set I couldn't find any boots to match it but there are some that the vendors sell in SW that matched. Not being able to use common quality stuff drastically limits what kind of armor sets we can put together, not all of us are going for super gaudy and flashy sets.

Please reconsider!
61 Night Elf Druid
I'm still trying to get the answer to the question as to weather or not we will have to re transmog everytime we upgrade an item? Or is the look we want locked to the slot?
100 Human Paladin
11/15/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Kaivax
I really, honestly want to see a tank wielding a fish in a heated battle.

In a not-so-heated battle, you'd like to see the tank wielding a?.....

After 94 pages, this is one of the last blue responses up until now. Why?

I would like an update on my previous post, and a post from every one else asking about the Transmogrification rules, mostly regarding the special treatment hunters are getting over Nine(9) other classes.

Nine(9) out of Ten(10) classes, are excluded from one of the things a lot of people were looking forward too. And instead of providing a decent answer with some thought behind it and not repeating what we already know.

Explain to me, again, why Hunters(the one class with a special exception) can change the way their Main Attacking Weapon looks like but Paladins, Priests, Warlocks, Warriors, Rogues, Shaman, Druids, Death Knights, and Mages, are not able to do so.

I have heard these following excuses.

"Hunters don't get any cool looking guns."
"The sound of the way guns are."
"There are no cool looking crossbows."
etc.

Transmogrification is an excellent addition. Other than the special treatment hunters are getting.

I want to know, why do hunters get to change their main attacking weapon and no one else?

Patch 4.3 is just around the corner, and you would rather post something on asking us a question, being a joke or not.

Please, tell me why Nine(9) of your Ten(10) classes are excluded from this rule and cannot make SWords look like Maces and Maces look like Axes.

Let them follow the "One-Handed weapons can only change to a one handed weapon" but don't let it follow the "It needs to be a sword with a sword. But hunters can change Guns to Bows."
85 Worgen Warlock

Well after playing on the ptr and messing around with the transmog I think its going to be pretty cool. I can only see one drawback to it and that’s not allowing gear without stats to be used.
Why does this bother me? I’ve always found it fun that blizz integrates the trading card game into the online game. Pets, sandbox tiger (I love that guy), mounts,… It’s added a new dynamic to the game. I’m not sure when I got hooked into collecting pets and mounts but Ill admit I’m an achiev !@#$%. A friend who played the card game knew I was going for pets. He got an ethereal soul trader and in game he gave it to me as a gift. Back when I got this pet I saw it was selling for over 2k on eBay! Insane but he didn’t choose to sell it but to do with it what it was meant to do, be used for fun.

Maybe you can see where I’m going with this? Since blizz is letting us use this transmog I’m assuming they want us to have a little freedom and individualism from everyone else.
The Soul Trader if out as you kill something you earn credits, credits to buy things from the trader. You can even but,… his cloths. So we come to my point. These unfortunately are not an item level and can’t be transmogged.

I just thought that the pet was cool to use but the cloths you had to always change out of if you wanted to do anything cause they were low level but looked cool. Now, finally Blizz read my mind. Now I can wear the Soul Traders cloths and… wait, they are no item level so….actually I can’t wear them. /sigh
So here’s my cry for help and to see if Blizz really reads these things and would make the change just to help a guy like me. I hope they do but I won’t hold my breath. I’m happy with the changes they’ve made to the game but I hope they make just one more.
So as I mentioned I play the ptr and know they took the thing out for suggestions but it said to write here if I wanted to be heard.
Well here I am, a voice that will be drowned out by everyone that will think I’m crazy but I’m not, really…too crazy. :)
Thanks for all the good times Blizz and I hope someday I can get my crazy Soul Trader robes on in my 25 mans and look like the baddest man in Azeroth!!

that is all
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]