Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

Community Manager
As announced in the ‘Firelands Raid Changes Incoming’ blog post ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581/Firelands_Raid_Changes_Incoming-9_12_2011 ), we’ll be making the below hotfixes which have gone into effect during today's raid reset.

Normal difficulty

• Shannox, Beth’tilac, Rhyolith - health and damage reduced by 15%.
• Other bosses - health and damage reduced by 25%.
• All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses.
• Hellhounds and Unstable Magma deal much less damage.
• Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower.
• The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
• Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.
• Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up, but not back.

Heroic difficulty

• Boss health and damage reduced by 15% (Heroic Ragnaros' health has not been reduced.)
• All adds’ health and damage have been reduced in the same proportions as bosses. However, Heroic Ragnaros adds have been reduced by 15%.
• The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
• Alysrazor drops 1 additional feather for 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers for 25-player mode in all cycles.

Stay tuned to the 4.2 Hotfixes blog post as these and other live updates are made to the game: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
Edited by Kaivax on 9/20/2011 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
OMG!! Now our gdkp will be able to down domo and rag!! TY soo much!! <3
Reply Quote
So I'm assuming even though H Rag's health was not touched, the 15% reduced damage still applies? Or am I reading that wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nice
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
15% nerf to rag's adds is huge. Hopefully our Phase 2 progression can start focusing on World in Flames rather than AoE.
Edited by Burlex on 9/20/2011 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/20/2011 10:09 AMPosted by Sre
So I'm assuming even though H Rag's health was not touched, the 15% reduced damage still applies? Or am I reading that wrong.

I would assume so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
*sadface*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm curious, does the 15% damage reduction to adds also include the shadow crystal beams on Heroic Baleroc?
Edited by Ovan on 9/20/2011 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Wow. Not sure how I feel about this.

The way I understood it was that one boss would be nerfed each week until 4.3 came out. Wasn't expecting them all to be nerfed.

My raid is currently 7/7 normal, 1/7 heroic. We only raid one day out of the week for 5 hours. We've made great progress in the short time we've been raiding firelands. I guess this huge nerf to all bosses will make the progression even further.

Now if they can just get Shannox to drop the leather gloves, Domo to drop the leather boots, Beth to drop the tanking sword, and stop dropping Vanq on every boss capable of dropping it, we should be golden. (we've never seen those 3 items, nor any trinkets from Rag. We also get vanq every week from every boss who can drop it).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Didn't you guys say that this was supposed to be a gradual change?

15% and 25% across the board nerfs the first day of a multi-week process is just going to wind up leaving Firelands even more watered down and uninteresting than T11 is at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
That is a hefty nerf...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Ark
@ Caplet I know exactly how you feel, we run with no druids or rogues in our 10 man (5/7H) and our mage stopped showing up, so our DK has his bags overflowing with heroic tokens and we normally DE about 40% of the heroic loot every week since we have 0 leather wearers :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Well so much for gradual.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
"Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower."

I can't wait to watch people accidentally run through the tornado they've gotten accustomed to chasing.
Reply Quote
Kinda sad, as we only started on Firelands in the last couple weeks and have enjoyed progressing, but oh well. No biggie. Downing Alysrazor, Domo and Ragnaros just won't have quite the same joy as the first 4.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Interesting nerfs; 4.3 please?
Reply Quote
Wow, that was bigger than I pictured. I guess we'll have to experience it to see how it "feels".
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wow. Not sure how I feel about this.

The way I understood it was that one boss would be nerfed each week until 4.3 came out. Wasn't expecting them all to be nerfed.

Nowhere did they say they were going to nerf them like this.

They simply said nerfs to the encounters will begin this week.

not in increments; not by boss.

I'm sure this is only the first of them. They will be seeing how things go throughout the week and determine if more nerfs are necessary depending on the amount of guilds that clear the content.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm curious on how Baleroc's Decimation Blade is effected by this. Does it do 65% damage now instead of 90%?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]