Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

85 Tauren Death Knight
I for one agree with the nerf, it will allow a lot of guilds that were otherwise stuck on progression to continue to progress. Thank you blizzard
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
This is an alt and I have 7/7 experience on my other toon. Jumped into a PuG with most of the other players only having downed shannox and having experience on beth and ry. One shot those three and then one shot baleroc and had to spam flash of light on crystal dudes in order to burn mana because tank healing was a complete joke and filled with only a handful of greater heals thrown and one attempt on aly and ran out of time. Healing these fights is a complete joke so far. We are once again at a point where it can take much longer to explain a fight and set up rolls for a fight that player have not seen and then one shot it.

I am hearing some friends that was sitting at 6/7 steamrolled the whole place and they think its easier than ZA/ZG. I would probably consider two healing beth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I understand nerfing hard content. While we want to seperate the good guilds from the bad ones, it's nice to let everyone see the content.

I was a fan of the ICC buff. You could turn it off, and it gradually allowed more and more access to the place.

This neft to Firelands.... wow!

What a JOKE.

Bliz... you screwed the pooch on this one. Sorry, but this is just baaaaaaad. A nerf of this size doesn't even seem just for a previous tier of content, let alone the current stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Did 6/7 Heroic in about a hour and 20 mins. we shaved about a 45secs to a 1 min off every fight. Oh it was boring as hell. Nothing can really kill you. This makes me not want to raid. Bale was a challenging fight as a tank. Managing CD and watching timers. Now its just go through the paces, throw CD out if you feel like it. Firelands is now boring and bland. I'm a casual raider and find the nerfs way over board. Guild raids 6 hours a week tops. Heroics are a joke now.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I hate those damn tornadoes. The only deaths we had on Heroic Alys last night were due to running into a tornado with the 60% movement speed..
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
09/21/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Bullettime
I hate those damn tornadoes. The only deaths we had on Heroic Alys last night were due to running into a tornado with the 60% movement speed..

I did the same, sometimes I would think tornadoes would cross each other soon and would open up a gap and instead end up hitting them both, guess its hard for me to adapt to fight mechanic changes that make me change up how I approach an encounter. Once I get my mind set up again I will probably go and try to collect the rings during that phase so my mind doesnt get bored and want to run into tornadoes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Wow, that was bigger than I pictured. I guess we'll have to experience it to see how it "feels".

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
Edited by Babygyrl on 9/21/2011 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
this nerf seems a little much... before i wiped on shannox at 30%, after nerf we 7 manned it..
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Wow. Just .. wow. Our people who raided last night felt the heroic content we've killed before has effectively been nerfed (and I really hate this phrase, but ...) "TO THE GROUND". Heroic Ragnaros is the only one we haven't killed yet so I'm excluding him.

I understand wanting to get people to see the content and I'm all for that but I'm sure the nerf to heroic was just over the top.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
yeah this is how i view "see content" if u seen and fought against the bosses, you have "seen the content" therefor nerf normals as much as u want so pple can down 7/7 and " see content" leave our dam hardmodes alone in the future if u care about the hardmode community that has bn nothing but vocal on the decision to screw us out of any sort of challenge we had. if we wanted to steamroll thru raids the hardmode community would b doing normals.

as a side not, with this nerf the boss fight strats have changed. what u do is clear trash, pull all bosses together and AOE them down
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
09/21/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Bullettime

lol indeed would say that's the hardest part of the raid now besides heroic rag is accidently running into nados
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
I noticed another change not listed for alysrazor.

The initiates now cast 3-4 really long brushfires before and between each fieroblast.

By long brushfires I mean they preiviously would have needed interrupting twice in the time before they even cast the first fiero.

We only started raiding this teir a month ago, but had slowly progressed through to rag phase 3. It would take us 2 raid nights to get up to rag, because our healers kept standing in fire. Each boss would be very close for a kill, quite often relying on the shadow priest to dispersion while dots killed the boss.

Last night we walked through playing worse than usual, but having a laugh, and one shot every boss including rag, took about 90 minutes.

We did wipe on trash a few times... No one believes me that they've fixed the animator packs and that we're supposed to do it properly, they just think it's bugged.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

We did wipe on trash a few times... No one believes me that they've fixed the animator packs and that we're supposed to do it properly, they just think it's bugged.

For us, the trash were bugged.
The fire Elemental never spawned. The mobs weren't charging anything.

...... oh well *kills the mobs*
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
For us, the trash were bugged.
The fire Elemental never spawned. The mobs weren't charging anything.

...... oh well *kills the mobs*

Ours was something like:

Burn the big guy, fire ele explodes and kills the other mobs, everyone still seemingly shocked at the explosion even though I told them about it last week forgets what they're doing and we wipe. Fire ele despawns, trash mob cleared.

Second one we just pulled the big guy miles away and no one got hit by the elemental explosion.

Forgot to mention before, we spent most of last week working on rag trying really hard. Last night people were standing in the lava waves just to see if it did any damage.

We killed him and there were no excited cheers... everyone just went "umm, what do we do now?"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
And with a resounding boom...

"TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!"

In all honesty, I am sort of welcoming the nerfs - Ive played with the same people for 6 years now and as we've gotten older and the dynamics of the game have changed, some of us have begun to struggle. As a raid leader, it'll be nice to not have be critical of good friends and their play just in the interest of progress.

-Z
Edited by Narthius on 9/21/2011 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/20/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Kaivax
Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower.

I understand the normal % number nerfs, but is it really a good idea to nerf the actual way the mechanic functions? That is pretty much discouraging players to push themselves to meet goals and become better, and encouraging laziness.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
09/21/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Katei
I understand the normal % number nerfs, but is it really a good idea to nerf the actual way the mechanic functions? That is pretty much discouraging players to push themselves to meet goals and become better, and encouraging laziness.

The tornados arent the only mechanic in that fight that's changed.

It's now perfectly fine to have no interrupter at all, as one person alone is enough to burst the adds down before they even begin to cast fieroblast.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Said this in other forums, I'll say it here.

These nerfs came because Q3 ends next week, and come November, Blizzard's financial people are going to have to publicly explain to their investors that World of Warcraft has lost subscriptions three quarters in a row.

In Q1, they reported dropping from 12M to 11.4M, and Q2 dropped further to 11.1M. That's a 9.25% decrease in their subscriber base over 2 quarters.

If you want to know why they did something so drastic -- there you go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]