Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

88 Worgen Death Knight
Said this in other forums, I'll say it here.

These nerfs came because Q3 ends next week, and come November, Blizzard's financial people are going to have to publicly explain to their investors that World of Warcraft has lost subscriptions three quarters in a row.

In Q1, they reported dropping from 12M to 11.4M, and Q2 dropped further to 11.1M. That's a 9.25% decrease in their subscriber base over 2 quarters.

If you want to know why they did something so drastic -- there you go.

It's not just that, but also a way to get 4.3 out sooner so that it conflicts with other titles rather than Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Priest
Our guild was 4/7 pre nerf, we went to Baleroc, a boss we had not killed on heroic yet, our first shot was a 9% stupid wipe, and then we proceeded to smash it down. Far too easy, it didn't feel like a proper kill, noone yelled on vent from the excitement of getting a hard kill, we just dished out the loot and went on our way.

Thanks for killing the fun of hardmodes, perhaps you should realise most hard mode raiders don't raid for the loot, they raid for the challenge, the loot is just a by product of becoming better.

I've never been one to threaten quitting a game in order to make a point, but if the game isn't fun and challenging, what is the point in playing?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
09/20/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Shikhee
Anyone know if Paragon, Vodka, Blood Legion are up in here QQing about easier bosses? Oh wait, they don't really care because they raid for raiding and not to have better gear over casuals.

/thread.
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Warrior
Posted by Shikhee
Anyone know if Paragon, Vodka, Blood Legion are up in here QQing about easier bosses? Oh wait, they don't really care because they raid for raiding and not to have better gear over casuals.

/thread.

I can guarantee they would be if the nerfs happened when they were all working on heroic rags.

They have absolutely no reason to care now, as firelands was no longer current content for them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
09/20/2011 05:39 PMPosted by Rapacity
Instead of nerfing blizzard why not just sell all the gear on a new vendor, because your essentially handing out gear to those who honestly don't deserve it. If people are unwilling to put some effort into refining there stats, play style and/or class then they do not diserve to be handed gear.

Anyone that pays deserves a chance to see everything the game has to offer. You think being skilled entitles you to gear? And lacking skill means you should never get to touch a piece of epic raid loot? If Blizz thought anything like you, they'd lose a lot more than a million subs.

Posted by Shikhee

/thread.

I can guarantee they would be if the nerfs happened when they were all working on heroic rags.

They have absolutely no reason to care now, as firelands was no longer current content for them.

Yeah, but the nerfs DIDN'T happen when they were all working on Heroic Rags. Know why? They spend their time raiding rather than QQing on Blizz's forums, and they are determined and very well organized.

If you want to be special and you think you're that bad-!@#, go join a hardocre raiding guild and clear content months before casuals see it, or just deal with the fact that your progression isn't good enough to keep up with the rate at which Blizz releases new content.
Edited by Valandil on 9/21/2011 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Priest
09/21/2011 10:24 PMPosted by Valandil
If you want to be special and you think you're that bad-!@#, go join a hardocre raiding guild and clear content months before casuals see it, or just deal with the fact that your progression isn't good enough to keep up with the rate at which Blizz releases new content.

What new content?

Most people don't care if normals are nerfed, or if they nerf old content, so more people can see it, but nerfing heroic content, things that people are actively working on, to a degree that it trivialises the content is very frustrating.

Also what's hardocre and where can I get some?
Reply Quote
34 Human Priest
Agree with many posters. Nerfing heroic content when you have some players that love to play the game out there is pretty stupid. I also don't like how they have not created Hardcore realms where players can play without fear of nerfs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
What new content?

Most people don't care if normals are nerfed, or if they nerf old content, so more people can see it, but nerfing heroic content, things that people are actively working on, to a degree that it trivialises the content is very frustrating.

Also what's hardocre and where can I get some?

You do realize Blizz will be rolling out a new patch sometime soon, most likely within the next 8 weeks? Maybe they feel that the number of guilds to down H-Rag isn't to their liking. Either way, it doesn't matter - your progression didn't move quickly enough to stay ahead of their nerfs. Deal with it.

And btw, I got a guy that specializes in hardocre, but he only deals with lvl 85s.
Edited by Valandil on 9/22/2011 7:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Your nerfs are pathetic...There is no challenge in any fight. Its like going into ICC Heroic with these gear and blowing through everything.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
So I am part of a fairly bad guild... well we raid with a lot of bads. We were 6/7 non-heroic last week. Last night we go in on rag here's our makeup:

- Amazing tank
- Horrible DK tank who takes way too much damage and is incredibly slow at usings CDs
-2 good arcane mages
-1 spriest
- A terrible !@# hunter who stands in fire and knocks metors into people, doesn't know how to deter/kites
-Ret pally doing 14k DPS
- 3 decent to great healers

Our first attempt of the night... 13%. We had never even seen P3 before, I know I personally had no idea what was going on with people running orbs into people and such. Bottom line? We four shot a boss we formerly had not even been remotely close to.

The rest of the bosses were cake, killed everything in an hour and 45 mins, without even trying.

That was tuesday, yesterday I bought an Xbox because I knew this game wasn't for me anymore and decided to follow friends to Gears 3. Blizzard... what have you done? This is pathetic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/21/2011 10:24 PMPosted by Valandil
Instead of nerfing blizzard why not just sell all the gear on a new vendor, because your essentially handing out gear to those who honestly don't deserve it. If people are unwilling to put some effort into refining there stats, play style and/or class then they do not diserve to be handed gear.

Anyone that pays deserves a chance to see everything the game has to offer. You think being skilled entitles you to gear? And lacking skill means you should never get to touch a piece of epic raid loot? If Blizz thought anything like you, they'd lose a lot more than a million subs.

Yeah everyone who pays to play wow and raid deserves to see all the content blizzard releases but they can do that in Reg's. Why would they nerf HM's so that casual raiders get a chance to do them? 95% of casual raiders are not skilled or even aware enough to do the Reg bosses without a nerf so I think HM's with a nerf are well out of the question. I think the Reg. FL was nerfed a bit to hard but as you said everyone deserves a chance to see ALL content. HM raids/guilds are for people who want to push themselves to even greater heights...not ilvl's. If casual raiders are so determined to see HM encounters then they can wait for a next patch, get some better gear, and move into HM's from the previous content. If they don't like that then perhaps they should apply to one of the dozens of HM guilds out there for some real action.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
These nerfs are a little ridiculous, and a bit much for all at once I'd say. I went 6/7 last night with a trade PUG. Granted, we were all pretty good, I suppose, but the bosses don't hit hard at all anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/21/2011 10:07 PMPosted by Valandil

/thread.

Paragon doesn't play wow more than one day a week in between tiers, they play a different MMO. That's how they respond when raid content is ridiculously easy.

That's not exactly a good sign when you apply it to the rest of the 6/7H pre-nerf playerbase.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
Marathel given the things he said about his guildmates I can see why he went on a level 1. Just sayin'

At least I can take a quantum of pride that I got 2/7 pre nerf :/ lol

Can't wait for this weekend.
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
09/22/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Arazu

/thread.

Paragon doesn't play wow more than one day a week in between tiers, they play a different MMO. That's how they respond when raid content is ridiculously easy.

That's not exactly a good sign when you apply it to the rest of the 6/7H pre-nerf playerbase.

First, source?

Second, if true, playing one night a week seems quite healthy to me. Sounds like a cool guild! Log in, raid like crazy and hopefully have some fun, and now go enjoy other things in life for a bit.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I suppose it is a cool guild, but it's not the kind of guild other guilds can really emulate. Paragon raids one day a week, but it's a six-hour raid. They do:

3x Baradin Hold 25
3x Heroic Firelands 25 full clears
3x Heroic Bastion of Twilight 25 for healer trinkets (may have stopped this)
sometimes Heroic Alakir for cloaks

The rest of the week, some of them can be found in Rift, some of them can be found in Wow, but more than anywhere else they can be found in Eve. They live in Deklein.

There are tens of thousands of players at the 6/7H pre-nerf level. Having them play only one day a week, and then another MMO for the rest, is not good for retention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]