Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

85 Night Elf Druid
Wooo!

I claim page 2 in the name of awesome.
Edited by Tsunomi on 9/20/2011 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Dear blizzard.

Thank you for not allowing the causal hardcore guild to live in our glory before you nerf everything to high hell!

Thanks again
your friendly gnome
ndo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
this is a bit more significant than i was expecting. oh well, offspec loots for me will be easier to get now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Dunka
I'm curious on how Baleroc's Decimation Blade is effected by this. Does it do 65% damage now instead of 90%?

Good question. We usually get 3 - 4 decimations per Bale fight, and the best I did was 8 dodges out of 9, so it won't hurt us that much. But I'm sure a lot of raids out there have problems healing the off tank back up to full. If the damage from decimation is also reduced, it may help a lot of raids out there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
GG blizz!! more welfare gear for people !!! WELFARE LINE STARTS TO THE LEFT!!!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Step aside nerf stick blizz just took out the nerf Baseball Bat
Reply Quote
43 Goblin Priest
Wow. Not sure how I feel about this.

The way I understood it was that one boss would be nerfed each week until 4.3 came out. Wasn't expecting them all to be nerfed.

Nowhere did they say they were going to nerf them like this.

They simply said nerfs to the encounters will begin this week.

not in increments; not by boss.

I'm sure this is only the first of them. They will be seeing how things go throughout the week and determine if more nerfs are necessary depending on the amount of guilds that clear the content.

To be fair: ".. we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks"

It sounded like it would be a more gradual process. So.. I would assume that we may see more nerfs coming up beyond what we saw today. In either case, I don't mind. Let the experiment of heavy nerfing before the next major patch begin.
Edited by Fractual on 9/20/2011 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Dear blizzard.

Thank you for not allowing the causal hardcore guild to live in our glory before you nerf everything to high hell!

Thanks again
your friendly gnome
ndo.

Casual hardcore should have killed normal Rag by now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
hooray!! now all of my guild's 4% wipes will turn into boss kills!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
15% not that bad.
Reply Quote
09/20/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Polygon
hooray!! now all of my guild's 4% wipes will turn into boss kills!

LOL seriously
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Wonderful changes - I predicted upwards of 40% - which might of been accurate if the heroic and normal nerfs stacked - either way I'm ready to one shot things faster.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/20/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Shuttle
Interesting nerfs; 4.3 please?

fo sho. i dont even want to do firelands anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
As announced in the ‘Firelands Raid Changes Incoming’ blog post ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581/Firelands_Raid_Changes_Incoming-9_12_2011 ), we’ll be making the below hotfixes which have gone into effect during today's raid reset.

Normal difficulty

• The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.

Heroic difficulty

Arn't these two changes hurtful and not helpful?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Daaayum. Guess my scrub guild can finally down Rag.

4.3 better be coming soon though... or there will be a lot of bored raiders out there...
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
As announced in the ‘Firelands Raid Changes Incoming’ blog post ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581/Firelands_Raid_Changes_Incoming-9_12_2011 ), we’ll be making the below hotfixes which have gone into effect during today's raid reset.

Normal difficulty

Heroic difficulty

Arn't these two changes hurtful and not helpful?

No? I think it lasted ~15 seconds before? You may be thinking about the initial buff from picking up a feather, which lasts 15 minutes. This refers to the buff you get while flying by going through the rings.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Dear blizzard.

Thanks again
your friendly gnome
ndo.

Casual hardcore should have killed normal Rag by now.

Been there weeks ago.
More concerned /w getting my final HM kill pre-nerf. (baleroc)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
The 15% nerfs aren't as bad as I thought they'd be for heroic firelands.

Looking towards the bright side, more people raiding and getting heroic gear. This will hopefully mean it will be easier to recruit people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]