Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

90 Orc Death Knight
The 4.2 Hotfixes blog post has been updated with a complete list of the changes:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413/">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413/</a>

Nice changes...thank you for the full update.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Gradual change, huh?

Yea that didn't happen. Wonder why they decided to nerf everything into oblivion on one single hotfix rather than gradually?

very lame.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/20/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Moelock
15% not that bad.

15% is huge... it completely eliminates the challenge of pretty much every boss. No more burn phases. Scrubs putting up 10k dps can probably clear the place now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for these changes. Don't listen to the negativity here, a lot of people I have talked to in-game are happy with the nerfs. Anyway, 4.3 will be different with the LFR easy difficulty coming into picture.
Edited by Ecthrund on 9/20/2011 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Gradual change, huh?

Yea that didn't happen. Wonder why they decided to nerf everything into oblivion on one single hotfix rather than gradually?

very lame.

They stated they wanted people working on Heroic Modes before 4.3. Nerfing stuff into oblivion like this will probably have a better chance of achieving this then gradually nerfing stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
09/20/2011 11:28 AMPosted by Brudarek
15% not that bad.

15% is huge... it completely eliminates the challenge of pretty much every boss. No more burn phases. Scrubs putting up 10k dps can probably clear the place now.

No, you'll still need a DPS average above 14k on Beth.

But Rhy and Shan are going to be total jokes now.

I havn't done the other 4, but I'm curious how stinking easy it's going to be.
Reply Quote
09/20/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Gavan

My group was hitting Bale's enrage at 2% last week.
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
09/20/2011 11:28 AMPosted by Brudarek

So you are saying that you will be able to clear firelands now?

You haven't even passed 7th grade math to figure out dps requirements, I bet the nerfs are intended for you.

If you'd passed 7th grade math you'd know that you need atleast 13k dps to kill most bosses in there.
Reply Quote
Really not happy about this, and my raid group is just 3/7 normal mode. We'll down both Alys and Bale this week for sure now, but the satisfaction will be gone. But hey, loot.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
Gradual change, huh?

very lame.

They stated they wanted people working on Heroic Modes before 4.3. Nerfing stuff into oblivion like this will probably have a better chance of achieving this then gradually nerfing stuff.

Working on Heroic Modes =\= facerolling through Heroic Modes, only stopping to hand out the loot.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Thanks for the update and THANK YOU for the nerfs. I wouldn't have minded keeping on grinding and learning but hey you just decreased the learning time :P so no complaints here. I for one (as I am sure many others do) have a life and have very little time to raid so I'm not going to complain about a game.

Keep up the great work!
Edited by Samnìte on 9/20/2011 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
We got Rhyoloth in 5%. We worked in him ALL the last week. I felt very disappointed by not killing him before the nerf.

Mixed thoughts. In one hand, they lower the barrier, but in the other hand, I am not Paragon neither can I spend 500 atempts in one boss. It was getting pretty boring .

We will see what happens....

If even newcomers like me can kill HRagnaros in the next two - thre weks, I can assure the nerf was too much.
Edited by Hashshashin on 9/20/2011 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/20/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Gavan

14k average is ridiculously low. Normal mode raids in ICC were doing that last expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

14k average is ridiculously low. Normal mode raids in ICC were doing that last expansion.

14k is really really good...if you're a tank. I think I can cap out around 15.5k DPS while tanking a boss that has me sitting at 100% Vengeance.
Reply Quote
Sorry guys, I have to leave the raid group. I zoned in before you and accidentally hit fan of knives. All the bosses died.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
09/20/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Elleii
• Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up

Lookout female toons

icwutudidthar
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Don't kid yourself. They could nerf H Rag by another 50 percent and people would still get thrashed by him.

This nerf will make very good guilds that has been struggling get the kill. It will still be extremely hard for all other guilds.

This fight has four phases. Not three.

Not just that. Think about NORMAL Ragnaros for a minute.

Guilds who have severe trouble with him now because of strategy issues won't be able to down him post nerf either. The adds will still get to the hammer, even with a 15% nerf to HP. The meteors will still 1 shot people. The exploding floor will still basically 1-shot people. Lava waves will still kill people, even with a damage nerf.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]