Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

86 Dwarf Paladin
Firelands was found to be too fun, nerf incoming.

Seriously, are you guys on crack? This is worse than the t10 tier-end nerfs and we're only halfway through the current tier.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

• Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up, but not back.

Female characters beware.

I can finally bear the child of Ragnaros.
Reply Quote
14 Undead Warlock
Heroic Ascendant Council will now be the hardest boss in Cataclsym
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/20/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Gavan

15% is huge... it completely eliminates the challenge of pretty much every boss. No more burn phases. Scrubs putting up 10k dps can probably clear the place now.

No, you'll still need a DPS average above 14k on Beth.

But Rhy and Shan are going to be total jokes now.

I havn't done the other 4, but I'm curious how stinking easy it's going to be.

But.... Shannox and Rhyolith were already a joke to begin with.
Reply Quote
Out loud: This is too much nerf too fast. I started raiding this content about 6 weeks late, and I was just starting to work on heroics. I was really looking forward to the challenge.

In my head: 391 item level, here I come!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Could you folks consider reducing the number of adds on the 10m rag encounter? 10 people have to cope with the same number of adds that 25 people do for that encounter. makes the transitions really touch and go for 10 man raiding. even 1-2 less would make things a lot closer to parity.

18-20 DPS for 8 adds vs 5 dps (plus 2 tanks and 2 healers b/c there just isn't enough bodies) for 8 adds. reduced HP or not, that's 2.5x less stuns, and a lot less control in general.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
Could you folks consider reducing the number of adds on the 10m rag encounter? 10 people have to cope with the same number of adds that 25 people do for that encounter. makes the transitions really touch and go for 10 man raiding. even 1-2 less would make things a lot closer to parity.

18-20 DPS for 8 adds vs 5 dps (plus 2 tanks and 2 healers b/c there just isn't enough bodies) for 8 adds. reduced HP or not, that's 2.5x less stuns, and a lot less control in general.

Is this serious? If you're referring to normal Rag, and I'm sure you are, the adds have like 150k hp. On my mage I can literally kill one (or at least get it sub 50%) before the next one even spawns, because of how nicely they spawn in the same spots every time. Could probably kill them with 1 stun and 1 dps on each side lol. You have to be kidding.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
It's official. "Heroic Mode" is no longer heroic.

Kinda saw this coming when they released half a raid tier in 4.2.

Desperation moves are desperate. Can't wait for a certain MMO competitor to show up so my guild will finally leave this place behind.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter

Desperation moves are desperate. Can't wait for a certain MMO competitor to show up so my guild will finally leave this place behind.

Lol 'mmo competitor.' There is no competition. Even with the completely horrible judgement calls being made at Blizzard currently, WoW still is miles ahead of any other mmo. Anyone saying otherwise is in denial temporarily, until they play said game for a month and realize how lame it is.

Diablo 3 will kill WoW, not some single player game disguised as an mmo.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
*sigh

And it begins, What Alt is everyone going to run thru on the 2nd night of your Guild raiding? cant see many people not clearing FL in one night now. Not with all the Loot Pinatas lining up in a neat row like this.
Reply Quote
We all knew this was coming. Cry more if you have too. The game is no longer about you guys.

Anyway! This change is cool. I understand Blizzard is going through a lot. Hopefully the next patch will solve some of the inherent problems in balancing raids.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Death Knight

Shall we add this to the list of things that have killed WoW?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

If you're talking about the one I think you are, I'll simply say this:

This is not the challenge you are looking for.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Does this mean the next tier will have similar nerfs built in from day 1? Otherwise, you will have a lot of newly minted heroic raiders (as of Sep 20!) crying that the Deathwing raid is too hard and was designed for elitists.

Similar thing I remember happened in TOC.. Reg beasts, twins, etc were faceroll..then guilds ran into beasts heroic and the cries for nerfs were epic.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

you have 1 HM kill, what are you talking about? Interesting that all those who talk, like me have 1HM. News flash if you like me, are only 1/7HM you very probably need the nerf
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
if they plan on nerfing content even more before 4.3,,,thats a IF, then firelands simply wont b worth the time. i lold at them slowing down tornadoes..was that even called for? u may as well just fix the tornadoes to stand in place

also i may only be 2/7 hm kills but thats due to my former guild collapseing only... these nerfs are UN needed in hms period if u want to see content go do 7/7 normal mode.. there u seen all the bosses gg
Edited by Knifeparty on 9/20/2011 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Does this mean the next tier will have similar nerfs built in from day 1? Otherwise, you will have a lot of newly minted heroic raiders (as of Sep 20!) crying that the Deathwing raid is too hard and was designed for elitists.

There's nothing wrong with that statement.
Heroic Deathwing will be hard, and designed for elitists.

As it should be.
"Hardest" mode of a game should be exactly that, hardest.

As a casual raider, we'll be working our butts off trying to down the normal difficulty, while looking in awe at the elitist guild members in their shiny heroic T13 gear glowing in the trade/dwarf district.
That's the way world rolls.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
As a casual raider, we'll be working our butts off trying to down the normal difficulty, while not giving two cents about elitist guild members in their whopping 13 Ilevels higher heroic T13 gear rotting in the trade/dwarf district.
That's the way world rolls.

Fixed that for ya.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]